Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #321
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Thumbs up No worries, fearless leader!

I'm here.

Seriously, though, thanks for your post. I didn't want to be too high-handed about the atmosphere on the ship, but now I can take my cue from you. And I'm glad you've got more time. I have two tests tomorrow and a large, not-yet-begun project due on Tuesday, so I'm not sure if I can take us into the battle. If no one's done anything by Thursday afternoon, though, I'll try to give it a shot.

Oh, and as for Meri & Calnan - I'll leave it to you to set up Meri's sticky situation. I'd rather you handled getting her into trouble, and then I'll write Calnan's part. Just so the whole thing isn't told entirely from Calnan's (or a narrator's) point of view. Is that ok?

Quote:
What battle's have you been in? I've only done little things like the Battle of Port Hudson, was amazingly fun though.
Well, now. Last weekend marked my 7th year of doing this. And let me say that I am female, so I play a civilian - no fighting for me, sorry guys. Most of the ones I do are "little things," pretty much a necessity when you don't get out of Texas much. I've done the 135th Shiloh, Gettysburg, and Chickamauga events, though. This last weekend was an event at Beaumont Ranch (45 minutes south of Fort Worth on I-35) - very good, although very windy, but at least not freezing cold like last year! (Btw, Earendil, Saturday's battle had the Confederates outnumbered 4 to 1; Tom Stuart said that's the only time he knows of that that's happened in Texas.) I've never been to Port Hudson; as a matter of fact, I've never done any Lousiana events at all. Hmm. What unit do you usually fall in with?

See you on the game thread,
Nuranar
Old 03-24-2004, 04:06 PM   #322
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Fordim Hedgethistle - nice chap as well

Maika, my fellow sailors and detestable but still admirable corsairs:
Due to the dire weather last weekend, I haven't been on for a few days for any length of time greater than about three minutes. Unfortunately, this weather is set to continue and my already half-toppled telephone pole may completely fall - argh! I therefore will probably not be able to get on for that long, although I shall try my best. Also, tomorrow night I have a concert, and on Sunday-Monday I have hell-in-a-pair-of-walking-boots, otherwise know as Duke of Edinburough practise expedition. I will try to post on Friday night, probably quite late, or on Sunday.

Apologies and thanks for your patience.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:57 PM   #323
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am terribly sorry I have not been posting often at all. The first reason is because I have been busy with softball, as it started up just a couple weeks ago. Luckily, it is a very short season. But, we have practice everyday, and games 2-3-4 times a week. On weekends I will post, and I might be able to on the occasional weekday (such as Fridays, Wednesdays). I am very sorry, but I did not plan on the sport taking up this much of my time.

The second reason I have not been posting is because I find that Adeline lacks a real part. She is a young noblewoman on a ship, and one that is armed for war. She is also a prisoner. I find I have little to work with. But, I must say it is completely my fault that I have not posted, as I did leave Adeline unconcious...

One more thing I'd like to point out:

Quote:
** I believe we've lost her. As far as her character's gone though I think there might have been 1 to 2 posts regarding her so.... we can just leave it.
We have lost Galadriel of the Olden, yes, but she did not chose to leave this roleplaying game, nor any others. Her account has not been working: the reply button will not work. I believe she contacted you about this Maika. I'm not saying you shouldn't make it clear that Galadriel of the Olden's character is bascically out of the game, and I do not mean to be rude or nasty, but I believe it was an unfair statement to say that 'we lost her'. It sounds like you are accusing her of abandoning the game, which she did not.

Thank you! And I promise to get a post up by Saturday. (I know that's late...let me see if I can maybe get one going today...)

Sorry again!

-Durelin
Old 03-24-2004, 06:16 PM   #324
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Just stopping by to say that I'm still here. Been very busy with Ruhn.

Himaran
Old 03-24-2004, 07:23 PM   #325
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Quote:
I believe she contacted you about this Maika .... but I believe it was an unfair statement to say that 'we lost her'. It sounds like you are accusing her of abandoning the game, which she did not.
I didn't mean it like that and on the contrary I was not contacted so I had no idea what had happened. But now I know.

Thank you, everyone who did so, for checking in. Most of you have been very involved and I thank you for your dedication!

Corsairs and Durelin: I was hoping that Earendil would have figured out some sort of side-plot for your characters to be involved in while the Gondorians are on the sea. But school and work demands much of us all and it's just not been possible for him (I assume). So if you, Himaran, Durelin and Arien, have anything in mind that you want to do with Jurex, Adeline and Acacia and or if you want me to come up with something tell me and we'll get started on it asap. I didn't intend for them to be left out of the RPG and I apologize.

Nuranar, I am not sure how you want Calnan to act towards Meri. Do you want him to be open about what happened, or do you want him to just sort of ignore her? How mad is he? From your post I gathered that he wasn't fuming about it but that he definitely was feeling no more than just 'frosty' towards her? I sort of took it as far as I dared with my last post.... anything you want to specify? or should we just take it and go with it?

Earendil, please contact me soon!

-Maikafanawen
Old 03-24-2004, 10:03 PM   #326
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Nuranar, I am not sure how you want Calnan to act towards Meri. Do you want him to be open about what happened, or do you want him to just sort of ignore her? How mad is he? From your post I gathered that he wasn't fuming about it but that he definitely was feeling no more than just 'frosty' towards her? I sort of took it as far as I dared with my last post.... anything you want to specify? or should we just take it and go with it?
Maika, are you referring to my last post on the discussion thread? In that, I was just preemptively trying to set up the battle wherein Meri is in a spot and Calnan helps her out. I think I may have jumped the gun a bit; sorry for the confusion.

Now, if you're just asking because of my last post on the RPG thread: You've pretty well summed up how he's feeling. He resents her behavior and is a little angry, but tries not to be so. He's showing his displeasure as clearly as he can without being rude or insubordinant: Very, Almost overly respectful, completely expressionless, showing no opinion when having to speak to her. I'm seeing not ignoring her, but...just looking at her, when he passes by. The look very subtly saying, "I know what you've done, and you know you shouldn't have." Like the subtlest form of finger-pointing. She looks up, and his eyes are on her, for a full second, then he looks away. Just not letting her forget. A form of revenge, in a way.

How's that? Confusing enough? Let me know and I'll try to convey it better, maybe in a PM so I don't weary everyone on the thread.

Carry on,
Nuranar
Old 03-27-2004, 02:22 PM   #327
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry I've been AWL for a little bit. Bunch of crap to deal with here at home, and I was distracted.

Nuranar, you talked to the 9th? Good ol' Tom Stuart. Ahhh, the 9th's an awesome unit. I loved it when I was outnumbered. It was more fun that way. But everytime I went confederate, we outnumbered the Union. But at least when we went yank, we were outnumbered.

By the way, I put up another post. Its kind of like the one I deleted.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:23 PM   #328
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe Game Owner's Heads-Up and Question

Earendil, check your PMs please, and very nice post.

Determined to head it off, I would like to make sure that if you post on the discussion thread, please have the purpose of your post be directed to our RPG; don't let the name, 'Discussion Thread' mislead you. Very interesting how three of our players are civil war reenactors. Have any of you by chance been to Gettysburg? I used to live there for about five years and am currently in Savannah. Big Civil War villages to be sure.

Now, Here is the next goal to our game:

Quote:
- The next battle, Avershire takes on two Lesser Ships at the same time. Most of Avershire's crew boards the Regal Dawn to escape their ship (which is sort of attached to the Regal Dawn by grapnels) as the Might of Realge sinks The North Wind. The grapnels are cut just in time and the Regal Dawn rights herself. The majority of Avershire's crew takes over the Regal Dawn and sends it after the Might of Realge to rescue the other members of Avershire's crew (who are overtaken by the corsairs of that ship). It is a hard fight, but the Regal Dawn eventually wins and the crewmembers who have survived the battles board her (both corsairs and Avershire's men).

(A life boat is launched at the last moment from the Might of Realge and speeds away without the know of Avershire to warn the Yonder Bound of the Regal Dawn's fate)

- Avershire takes a role call and finds that he now only has 30 souls to man an 85 crew ship. So he forces some of his corsair prisoners to join in the working of the sails and things of the sort while his men stand as guards or overseers.
I think we should rush through this rather quick with maybe a few short posts to cover it, because I would like to complete this RPG rather soon, Pio has been overly gracious to us for not giving us the boot swift and sure all ready! And the next little parts will certainly be more interesting anyways.

An honest question: Should I post what I had in mind for the rest of game now or would you rather me reveal it to you as we came upon it? I'm just wondering if it would be better to tie the game all together at once so we all have a good idea of what is to come and what we can do with our characters.

Bon, c'est tout.

-Maikafanawen
Old 03-27-2004, 06:27 PM   #329
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Is the end in sight?

I'm sorry for the reenacting thing - I made sure not to post unless I had something RPG-related to say, too. But honestly, I couldn't resist talking about it anyway. So you were in Gettysburg? Mayhap you were there summer of '98 for the 135th reenactment. That still remains the best event I've ever been to.

Yes, let's get the next part over with quickly. And as for me, I'd like it if you posted the rest of what's to happen. I think it would help to get us geared up for how we want our characters to finish, plus giving us a finish line and something to look to. But that's just my two cents.

Carry on!
Nuranar
Old 03-27-2004, 08:23 PM   #330
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I posted, and its Saturday, so I kept my promise!

Earendil - I went ahead and said that Doran would wish to see Adeline once she gained consciousness. If I was wrong in figuring that he would wish to chew Adeline out (or such), just let me know.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:18 PM   #331
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Maika, I would reply to your pm via pm but I can't figure out how to pm on this new format. Can somebody please show me where the pm button is? I can't seem to find it...

Anyways, Duralin, all's well.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:50 AM   #332
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Earendil

If you are looking at a PM from maika and want to reply to it - look in the bottom right hand corner.

There are 2 choices: Forward and Quote.

Click on "Quote" and it opens the reply box for you.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-02-2004, 09:53 AM   #333
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Absent...

Maika, sailors and corsairs all,

From tomorrow (Saturday 3rd April), I will be away for eight days until Sunday 11th April, and will probably not have any internet access. Apologies

-Aman
Old 04-02-2004, 06:04 PM   #334
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien Where is everyone?

But I might as well ask that of myself. I just wanted to announce that I'm starting work on a post to bring us to battle with the two Lesser Ships. It'll take some writing and a lot of thought to plan a three-way battle that's dependent on the wind. So it'll be in progress for the next 24 hours (I've got a couple other things going on too). Any ideas for setting up the action would be appreciated!

Oh, and I'm not sure on where I'll have to leave off. I'll try to keep it short, per Maika's "few short posts" plea above. I don't plan on completely finishing the battle in one post, but I'll be using other Gondorian characters. If any of you have ideas / guidelines for what your person will be doing, just let me know.

Carry on!
Nuranar

P.S. I forgot that some of the Gondorians are going to be captured. Any volunteers? Maika, we can throw some more wrenches into the Meri/Calnan thing (a.k.a. Calnan's captured because he helped her), or that might be just too much subplot. And I won't get to that part in this post anyway. Just thinking ahead.

Last edited by Nuranar; 04-02-2004 at 06:18 PM. Reason: forgetting important plot elements
Old 04-02-2004, 06:35 PM   #335
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield Mmmph...gimme five more minutes.

*Yawns* I'm still here, just kinda waiting around for Maika or someone to bring us to the pre-battle stage afore I post. Whatever needs doing, though, lemme know and I'll stop being lazy and write something.

Arvedui

P.S. Must...resist...reenacting...off-topicness. Gah! Sorry. This is it, then I'm done. No, I have not had the privilage of going to Gettysburg, though I would like to. There's not much in Louisiana save the Battle of New Orleans, which is always tons of fun, but not civil war. *Sighs*
Old 04-03-2004, 11:31 AM   #336
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Real fast - I've got a good bit of the battle up, and it's not too long.

Problem: How is the Might of Realge (sp?) going to take prisoners from the North Wind? From the water after it sinks? That doesn't work. I don't understand - any ideas?
Old 04-03-2004, 04:00 PM   #337
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Hey everyone!

I am afraid I will be absent from this Wednesday April 7th till the following Monday, April 11th. I will have internet access, but not very often, and I most likely will not be able to post anything of substance...visiting grandparents, you see.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks!

-Durelin
Old 04-03-2004, 06:04 PM   #338
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420! The battle is begun

The Regal Dawn has been boarded and the North Wind has begun to sink. Might of Realge is about to come alongside and be boarded by Talon's group, who will be subdued and captured (those who aren't killed) when the North Wind sinks and they're cut off from everyone else.

I anticipate that when the crew of Regal Dawn has surrendered, or at least been shut up below decks, the wounded and everyone else will be transferred from the North Wind. Aman - when you get back - I've indicated that Callath is assisting Sedal. I can change that if you like.

Arvedui, Telson is free to join either party; just write in as you like. He might be our best "voice" for those captured, actually.

Maika, Devon has boarded Regal Dawn. If you want him doing something else, let me know and I'll edit in corrections. I couldn't see him sitting this one out, at least. I hope Telson actually gave him that sword . . .

And everyone, look for two movie quotes that just about wrote themselves in. It's either sad or scary (I haven't decided which yet) when you know dialogue so well that it's your instinctive wording.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:28 PM   #339
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe Present

I am running out the door this very moment but I just wanted to account for myself and say that I will find time this evening if it means my death to write a post and catch up. Very sorry!

-Maikafanawen
Old 04-05-2004, 04:10 PM   #340
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe Post is up, Finally!

Before I do anything with Devon, I was going to see if Telson would have given him his short-sword. I though he was fighting with it .... It's okay, if not, he'll of had an extra from the armory or something--the North Wind replenished with the take of the Pora Diy.

Anyways, my post is up and Sedal has sort of erected a very uneasy infirmary in the Regal Dawn's forecastle. It's not safe at all. Corsairs will come at them while they work of course and Sedal is going to probably ahve to abandon his job and fight at some points so it's not like they're invincible. But the North Wind will be gone in a matter of minutes: they had no choice.

So Avershire will lead the takeover of the Regal Dawn which will immediately defend itself against the Might of Realge. Then we'll go from there sound peachy-keen?

Any questions/concerns?

Ta!
Maikafanawen
Old 04-05-2004, 04:49 PM   #341
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Just to clear things up: Telson really did give Devon one of his swords. He'll probably pick up a cutlass from a corsair to replace it, shifty Gondorian that he is.

I'll get a post up soon, just gotta work around Passover a little.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #342
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

I'm back, and will post as soon as Maika has finished her post - you indicated that you hadn't finished, so I won't post in case it crosses with or disrupts yours.

Enjoy Easter and Pesach everyone!
Old 04-11-2004, 08:51 PM   #343
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Still here - Graring is on the Might of Realge so he will take place in the ensuing battle. I'll probably have him survive it - not sure how I want to end my story with him yet. However, it would be redundant to have him get knocked overboard again. Perhaps he will get captured... or hide out on the ship without them knowing it?

Himaran
Old 04-13-2004, 07:46 PM   #344
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe Feelin Guilty

I completely got distracted for the last week with performance and fencing and psh everything! Spring break started and the beach wow--I'm totaly burnt up--but ANYWAYS. We need to wrap up this lil RPG. Earendil and I have come up with the rest of the outline, here it is:

Quote:
- The next battle, Avershire takes on two Lesser Ships at the same time. Most of Avershire's crew boards the Regal Dawn to escape their ship (which is sort of attached to the Regal Dawn by grapnels) as the Might of Realge sinks The North Wind. The grapnels are cut just in time and the Regal Dawn rights herself. The majority of Avershire's crew takes over the Regal Dawn and prepares it to fight the Might of Realge.

- The Might of Realge takes on the Regal Dawn and it's a hard fight BUT the Might of Realge wins and takes control of the Regal Dawn and Avershire and his crew. They are held in the brig and taken to the Yonder Bound (since it's closer than the Rapscallion to wait Doran's arrival. It looks as though the corsairs have won. Finally the larger ship comes into view and the prisoners are taken aboard.

- Avershire and his men are stowed in the Yonder Bound's brig. That night there is a wicked storm that sweeps lots of men overboard, and lightening splits the mast, and lights fire to the Yonder Bound. Refusing to go down with a corsair ship, Avershire, Meri, Telson and the others--with great difficulty--free themselves from the brig. As they rush out on the deck, the other corsairs see them. With no weapons, the Gondorian crew has to fight with their bare hands, or with scraps of burning wood that lies all around the deck. Meri immediately goes to try to salvage a lifeboat and lower it into the water. But another bolt of lightening strikes the Yonder Bound and she jolts, splinters, and breaks in two as she begins to sink faster. Everyone abandons ship.

- On the beach of The Bay from which Doran has sailed lay the remains of the Yonder Bound. They had been nearly two leagues from there when the storm came upon them. In the jungles beyond the sand gathers what's left of Avershire's men. Among them are Avershire, Meri, Devon, Calnan, Callath, and Telson (unless one of the main characters resigns) plus a dozen other crewmembers. They scavenge for food and erect some decent shelter (one of the surviving crewmembers is the North Wind's carpenter. They're also hiding from the few corsairs that have survived.

- A day and a half later Doran lands on the beach with about 300 men and there is some land fighting between what's left of Avershire and Doran's mighty corsairs. When Avershire is v v close to being defeated, Gondor arrives and storms the beach capturing/killing all the corsairs.

- Doran will be captured (?)

- And we'll decide the final ending when the time comes.
A lot has been abridged lol. but y'all probably want to get on to new RPGs and stuff so thar it is! Don't worry about waiting for me to finish my post. Y'all go on ahead and I'll get Devon up soon.

-Maikafanawen, ah ah, a tan Maikafanawen. Ta!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:18 PM   #345
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield Charge!

Maika, it's great to see you back. Thanks for the extra details - I'm excited to really get on this. Oh, and please check your PMs.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:41 PM   #346
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Nuranar, PMs checked! And I was reading over the RPG thread to get into the mood before I wrote my next post and I just had to say that your writing is absolutely fantastic. That's all. Mais, tres bien fait!

Quote:
"Come on then! Lets see whether you'd survive the bar brawls of Gondor!"
Good! Ah very good.

Ok well I've gotten Devon up. It's all I have time for right now (SORRY) but we'll see what I can do later this evening after fencing or tomorrow.

Press on y'all!

-Maika
Old 04-20-2004, 11:43 AM   #347
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Quote:
Quote:
"Come on then! Lets see whether you'd survive the bar brawls of Gondor!"
Good Ah very good.
Thankyou I wasn'y sure you would like that, so excellent.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:34 AM   #348
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril a detail person stressing over details

Aman, great to see Callath back in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikafanawen
I just had to say that your writing is absolutely fantastic.
Thank you for those kind words - now I feel special. I'm waiting to post until I know your wishes about Meri.

I was thinking yesterday about the scenario - wondering how I'd approach it, if I end up moving the action along - and something occurred to me. We're going to have roughly half our crew captured right off, when they board the Might of Realge. Also, you say the Regal Dawn will be captured as well, after a hard fight. How realistic is it for all of our characters to remain (relatively) unscathed? No, I'm not calling for a volunteer to kill his character; I've grown rather fond of Calnan, myself, and would like to hang onto him for a bit. I was just wondering if you had any thoughts or guidelines about how "useable" you want each of us, for the struggles that will be coming up. For example, Devon is already somewhat hors de combat, and I doubt if what he's doing right now, although perfectly understandable, will do his arm any good. Additionally, how many "expendable crewmen" will we dispose of? Our list of allies is rapidly growing thin.

Just some thoughts -
Nuranar
Old 04-22-2004, 05:15 PM   #349
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Well I want to keep Avershire, Meri, Devon and Sedal (a few of those are going to die on land--probably). All the players are in charge of their own characters and their fate. If Marx dies it must be heroic like he's fighting off lots o' big corsairs with tons of arrows etc. in him and he's still going--very similar to Boromir's death. Anyone else: whatever. Lots of Avershire's people will die of course. I need the carpenter too though... I dun remember his name ...

Let's nix boarding the Might of Realge. Just everyone get on the Regal Dawn. Ca va?

Ah, I'm goin out right now but I'll be back and try to get on tonight.

Ta,
Maikafanawen
Old 04-22-2004, 07:05 PM   #350
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikafanawen
Let's nix boarding the Might of Realge
I think I set up that boarding in my post - would you like me to rework that, then? It'd be no problem, but I'd like to make sure.

Awaiting orders,
Nuranar
Old 04-23-2004, 09:06 PM   #351
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Quote:
would you like me to rework that
Yes, that would be great. And should I post then the taking of the Regal Dawn and intro to the assault by the Might of Realge? Is it time? lol

-Maikafanawen
Old 04-23-2004, 09:53 PM   #352
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

Ok, it's fixed. Man, that was a hard one - it took all of five minutes, reworking Avershire's one-sentence order to Talon. Yes, I am a perfectionist. But at least now Talon's party will be following Meri onto the Regal Dawn. I've implied that Avershire is staying on the North Wind, at least for now.
Quote:
Is it time? lol
Ya think? By all means - I'm getting tired of seeing the poor Ambassador's Son stuck down at the bottom of the Shire page.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:57 PM   #353
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

When would you guys say it would be a good time for Doran and the rest of his ships to show up and get into the battle? I'm just waiting on the word.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #354
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Okay, I've posted and we're ready to begin the battle with The Might of Realge.

I hope my post wasn't too lame. I sort of rushed through the end so I could get to the beach today!

Earendil, After The Might of Realge takes Avershire aboard, they're going to go to the Yonder Bound which is not really that far off. You'll be on your way to theYonder Bound when the storm hits. The Yonder Bound will be hit by lightening and sunk. Survivors (pirates and Gondorians) will make it to the coast of Southern Middle earth -- into some jungle regions. They will last there for a couple days erecting fortification and booby traps etc. before The Rapscallion and Doran's other ships (which were tossed about during the storm) will land and do some land-battles which will wrap up the RPG. Savvy? So you could probably move out now looking for Avershire, maybe sending the Yonder Bound ahead of you or on another course and she will eventually intercept The Might of Realge. Does that all make some sense?

D'accord -- je vais aller a la plage!!!!!!

Ta!
Maikafanawen
Old 04-30-2004, 02:48 PM   #355
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Maika: Thanks for clearing up the plot. I've been waiting to find out what happens!

Ok, Jurex is standing by. I'll try to get a post in for Graring, too. Perhaps he will die in the ensuing battle.

Himaran
Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 PM   #356
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

All right, I am NOT going to write this RPG myself. If someone doesn't post on the thread soon by Friday at the latest and people don't start showing some interest in it we'll just close it prematurely. My last post was a while ago--we really should have ended this last month but I thought that the end might be exciting enough to get everyone fired back up about it. I do not intend to keep this in the Shire forever.

-Maikafanawen
Old 05-05-2004, 07:25 AM   #357
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

As soon as I get a couple of meetings over with this morning, I'll write a post to move us along. I'll take us as far as I can without making a ridiculously long post. So hang on - I'll be on there as soon as I can. And I'm sorry.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:20 PM   #358
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sorry that I haven't posted. I'm at school posting because my internet is down AGAIN and has been for the past few days! I thought the server was just down but it turns out that I got hit by that Sasser worm. Everytime I try to start up the internet, this little box pops up and says that I have one minute until the computer restarts. It even comes equipped with a complimentary timer counting down from one minute! I have downloaded the program to get rid of it today so I should be able to either post today or tomorrow if it works out. Sorry
Old 05-05-2004, 05:59 PM   #359
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I also ask for your forgiveness.

I have posted, and am hoping that it is alright. I got an idea (with a bit of inspiration from one of my favorite sea-faring movies). Finally, I am trying to bring about some subplot on the Rapscallion. A bit late, and without any former consent from yourself, so, of course, I am ready to rework the post if it is not to your liking. The good thing about this sort of subplot is that it is something that can be worked with and expanded, or it can be left as is. I do believe, though, that the restlessness of the crew is inevitable, and will at the least be a factor in the final battle.

Sorry again, Maika!

-Durelin
Old 05-05-2004, 06:13 PM   #360
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

My post is finished; the Gondorians have just been captured. Some quick notes:

* Pearlle and Packs are dead.
* Devon is not mentioned - I didn't presume to guess how he was doing after the last battle.
* I did not mention specific survivors because I don't know in what state of repair you'd like your characters to be in. After two such hard-fought fights, Calnan himself isn't doing just terrific.
* If anyone cares to write a vignette of Marx's Boromir-like death scene, feel free and I'll incorporate it. Otherwise, I guess he'll still be alive. My invention of horrors is running a little short.

As usual, any comments/complaints/corrections invited. I've done my best, and I must say - I'm exhausted! I hope it's good.

Carrying on,
Nuranar