Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2003, 07:06 PM   #121
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel listened to the intense discussion going on around her, but all she could feel was her yearning for Berethion. She did not care who was a murderess or what happened, she just wanted to see her brother back alive and with her again. She could even tolerate Tallin if it would mean that her brother would return to her. She remained silently with the others, refusing to speak and barely eating when they stopped for food, nearly giving up on living all together. She did not know if the others saw this pattern, but she really did not care. Everyone seemed to have their own issues to sort out, and Hwestlaeriel did not want company in her thoughts, so she remained silent.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:17 PM   #122
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

They had no choice really but to bury Berethion there, along with Yenhofir and Faryn. They had no way of carrying them back after all, as they no longer had any horses, having lost them when they were taken by the dark elves. A patch under the trees was the spot they had chosen, quite shaded, but pleasantly light, and far enough away from the trolls cave. As she placed the last stone on the small pile over his grave, Tallin stood up and stepped back, dusting the earth from her fingers. For a few moments longer than the others, Tallin, Raye and Hwesta stood silent, remembering their friend, but the grief was no longer as raw, just brooding.

Tallin looked at the other two with silent question, and they nodded slowly.

"Aye." Raye said, her voice quiet. "That is done, and whats done is done."

Tallin turned to Hwesta. The elf maid said nothing but she was less distraught than she had been earlier. Tallin squeezed her hand consolingly and the other smiled sadly at her. She took a deep breath, breathing the now sweet air, away from the stench of the troll, and the air of death around the cave.

"Come then, my friends. We will leave this place, and such memories grim of the troll. But never leave behind the memories that came with those who fell when we fought here, no matter how little, or how well, you knew them. Truly, they shall be missed." She sighed, then smiled, happier now that the burials had taken place and that they had been able to say goodbye to the trio, especially Berethion, properly. She turned to Dimithil and Ainabeleth, the two siblings hand in hand. "Will your kin give you shelter in Lorien?"

Dimithil nodded hastily. "Oh, yes. If they did not, they would not be fit to live in the forest of Lorien."

"Then to Lorien shall the journey go. You should reach it in a few days, not long really. The elves there are kind, they will give you shelter-"

"Wait a minute," Raye interrupted the wolf tamers gabble, smiling slightly, and Tallin was pleased to see it, for Raye had not had much reason to smile of late. "I notice a distinct mention of 'you', and a noticable lack of 'we'. You mean to say you will not travel to Lorien? After all that has happened and all we have been through together, especially in these last few days?"

Tallin smiled back at the group, but sadly this time. "Tis doubtful I would be accepted. Those in Lorien would not trust wolves, and I doubt they would trust one who was closely linked with them."

"Then that means I shall not be able to go either. For you know well Tallin that I as closely linked to wolves as you, whether for good or bad."

"I shall not go to Lorien either." Hwesta piped up here, and the group looked at her in surprise; she had been silent ever since they had returned to the cave. She blushed slightly, but turned to Tallin. "Tallin, when we met, you told me I had every chance to get out and see the world, that I didnt need to just stay at home, just become a wife, and never see the world outside. Well, Id like to take that chance. If it would be you, someone who my brother liked and trusted well, who took me. What do you think?" She smiled hopefully. Tallin stared at her incredulously, then smiled right back. "And to take such a beloved sister of such a one, making us, well, almost sisters...it would be a pleasure." Hwesta beamed back at her.

Tallin turned to the rest. "So myself and Hwesta will return to Mirkwood, then onto, well, who knows where? But the rest of you...where will you now travel to?"

[ March 08, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 03-06-2003, 05:14 PM   #123
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel smiled. She was finally leaving home. She would never have to return to that depressing solitude if she did not wish. She could travel with this new person, this Tallin.

Hwestlaeriel, listening to everyone else's plans, suddenly had a realization. She knew practically everything about Berethion's life that Tallin did not know, and vice versa, probably. She knew all about Berethion's youthful years, while Tallin knew what Berethion had been doing over the past few years. Hwestlaeriel suddenly felt a closeness to Tallin she had not felt before.

Hwestlaeriel smiled and almost cried again, this time in joy that Berethion would carry on through her...she made a difference: she and Tallin held the memory of Berethion, and could do so for all eternity, if they so desired. Hwestlaeriel began to hum a bit as they walked, happy for the first time in a little bit, to be alive...

dragoneyes post

Arrelle knew exactly where she was going once they left those accursed mountains. She was going home. The first settle ment she came to, she bought herself a new horse as Lorran was lost forever. She bade her final farewells to her companions and left them, riding away on her fine chestnut stallion.

She had been travelling for weeks now and she was coming to the end of her journey. She cantered down a beaten track, one that was very familiar to her as it was the track leading up to her own home. there was movement in the front garden, a woman, as she approached, Arrelle could see that it was her sister. Overjoyed, she dismounted before she had even dropped out of trot and ran the rest of the way, screaming her sister's name. Never again would she go traveling, nor would she venture outside her village more than need be. She was home and she was staying there.

[ March 09, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-07-2003, 12:16 AM   #124
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

"Ready to go?"

Corrowyn had been standing at Berethion's grave for nearly a half an hour and was startled at the sound of Dimithil's voice. Corrowyn turned around to find the elf standing there, a pack containing what little supplies they had thrown on his back. He smiled at her and she returned it.
"Aye, I am ready," she replied, nodding.

Corrowyn and Dimithil were the last ones to leave this peaceful spot in the Grey Mountains. Due to Corrowyn's injury, the two were forced to stay an extra week after the others had left. Corrowyn remembered the morning the others had left clearly.

Several days before even that, Dimithil invited her to live with him. Corrowyn disappointed the elf by turning him down.
"I am a ranger," she had told him. "I can change myself from being a murderess, but I cannot completely change who I am. As a ranger, every day for me is an adventure. My life is unpredictable and I like it like that. I don't think I could stand to live the same routine every day."
Corrowyn had seen the disappointment on Dimithil's face, but it was a matter of days before he spoke again on this subject.

It was the morning the others parted when Dimithil again approached Corrowyn.
Until then, the elf had planned to leave with the others and Corrowyn had already decided to stay behind and rest a bit longer.
But then Dimithil approached the woman and insisted that it was not good for her to stay behind alone in the condition she was in and decided to stay behind with her. What the elf offered next had surprised Corrowyn; he offered to travel with the woman as a companion.
"I have always been curious what a ranger's life is like," he had reasoned. "Why not experience it myself?"
Corrowyn had smiled at this and immediately accepted Dimithil's offer.

And so they bid the others farewell. Dimithil and his sister embraced and exchanged words. Corrowyn could see this parting from Belle would be difficult for Dimithil.

Tallin was the last she said good-bye to. The two exchanged no words, but simply smiled as they reached each other through their minds. Corrowyn had decided that a proper farewell was not needed between the two. She knew she would see the wolf tamer again.

And now Corrowyn and Dimithil stood together, ready to depart from the Grey Mountains themselves. Corrowyn could not feel any more ready. She had spent far too long in these mountains and longed to venture other lands.
Corrowyn glanced once more back at Berethion's grave. She no longer grieved, for she knew her friend's long journey was finally complete. She pictured him in her mind once more before turning away.
Then she walked over to where Dimithil stood, placing her hand on his shoulder.
"Let's go," she said and the elf nodded in response.

[ March 08, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:09 PM   #125
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Dimithil smiled when he felt the hand of Corrowyn. She really had changed. He took a last glance at the grave of Berethion before he started walking.

"I should not think it, but Berethion's death proved usefull. I hope his F?a is happy with the Valar." Dimithil softly said to Corrowyn.

He was unsertain and not shure of he should go on with this plan. But on the other hand, he had been living in the same place for 500 human years. The change would do him good. He just wandered if Corrowyn's past was not going to be here desteny.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:47 PM   #126
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

The two started west, walking side by side, and did not look back.