Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2004, 03:02 AM   #121
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Green Dragon Inn Facts:

It is the 4th Age, year 12. By the Shire Calendar it is year 1433 S.R. (Shire Reckoning).

King Elessar is on the throne of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

Mirkwood has been reclaimed by the Elves and is now called Eryn Lasgalen.

Paladdin Took, Pippin’s father, is Thain of the Shire. (Thain is an honorary title for the military leader of the Shire. The title has been held in the Took Family since the position was first established in 3rd Age 1979 with Bucca of the Marish as First Thain.) Paladdin Took dies in year 13, and will be succeeded by his son, Peregrin, ‘Pippin’, Took.

Samwise Gamgee is Mayor of the Shire, having succeeded Will Whitfoot in 1427 S.R.

The Innkeeper, in the Green Dragon Inn of this forum, is:
Aman – a young woman from Rohan.

Before her, the Innkeeper was Piosenniel, and before her it was Dwarin, the Dwarf.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Other ongoing characters in the Inn:

Ruby Brown, Hobbit – not married – server and maid

Buttercup Brownlock, Hobbit – not married – kitchen assistant and maid

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ongoing characters from outside the Inn:

Halfred Whitfoot – local Shiriff and Postmaster; his pony’s name is Dumpling.
  • Only the Innkeeper, Amanaduial, or the Moderators move the timeline for the Inn forward.
  • Visitors to the Inn will need to read the posts that come before theirs to get an idea of what time it is in the Shire, what the weather is like, and what is happening.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IT IS NOW LATE AFTERNOON HEADING TOWARD EVENING IN THE SHIRE.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:09 AM January 05, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-05-2004, 03:03 AM   #122
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

I want to remind Inn patrons of one of the Shire rules from The Red Book of Westmarch:

Short chat-style posts which encourage other players to post in a chatty style are also not allowed.

Be descriptive, and try not to use a lot of dialog.

Communication between players in the Inn is welcomed, but please try to enhance it with some descriptive writing. This is not a television show or a movie where we can see your character and the environment they are in. You need to provide that for us - not just the dialog of the scene.

Thanks!

~*~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:10 AM January 05, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-05-2004, 03:03 AM   #123
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Baruk Khazâd! Axes of the Dwarves!

DWARVES NEEDED TO RECLAIM MORIA!

__________________________________________________ ________________

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ NOTICE OF NEW GAME OPENING ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Amanaduial and Imladris invite you to look at the proposal for their new game:

~*~ Last Hope for Moria ~*~.

Click HERE for the Discussion Thread.

Read the proposal thoroughly, re-read the suggested parts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and take time to craft a good character and a well done First Post.

This should be a fun game! See you then!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:12 AM January 05, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-05-2004, 07:53 AM   #124
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Angel_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ravon realized what she was doing."It sounds like Rohan is a wonderful place. Will you take me there some day?" Strands of her black hair fell down to block her eyes. She raised her right hand to place her hair behind her elvish ears.

"Lewis what do you say? Some day will you take me to Rohan? I would love to see your land... I'm sorry." She noticed that she had been rambling on and on. She looked down at the floor under her feet. The silence between them was making her feel uncomfortable. She raised her eyes to meet his, she smiled. Trying to bring back the conversation she reached to her side. Pulling the bread from the pouch she began to unwrap the leaves that surrounded it. "Lembas bread?" She broke off a piece and offered it to him.

Their hands met along with their eyes. Ravon didn't know what to say. Quickly she jerked her hand back. "I'm sorry about that." Ravon knew her words came out softer than she had meant. Her vision moved to the fire and then to the floor.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #125
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Lîs, also called Lîn

The solid dwarf marched up the road toward the Inn. Ornate dwarf-armor and heavy chain-mail flashed from under a blue cloak and tasseled hood; heavy boots thudded on the road. Axe handles poked out from various places. A heavy pack was carried easily, and bushy eyebrows hid brown eyes deep-set in a swarthy face.

After a long and weary journey, and many suspicious stares and distant nods, the dwarf approached the Green Dragon with mixed feelings. The food was a pleasant thought. The unpleasant thought was the Ale. It had been a relief not to have to drink it while on the road, but now, in order to maintain the disguise, it had to be done. Beard fixed in place, axe in hand, the dwarf nodded gruffly at the hobbit-lass that stood in the doorway, growling in a deep voice, "There now, lass, no need to come between a bone-weary traveller and the Inn's hospitality. Move along! This dwarf is hungry, thirsty, weary, and in none too fond of a mood. Inkeeper! Your finest ale!"

Several elves looked up, and carefully looked down again, on their very best behavior.

"I beg your pardon, I meant no offense, " said the hobbit-lass, stepping aside.

"None taken. But it's a long walk from the Blue Mountains to your Shire, and I'm thirsty. Ale! Ale! And what might your name be, lass?" The dwarf poked an axe-handle at the hobbit-lass.

"Hawthorne Brandybuck. And yours?"

"Lîn at your service. I'm travelling to Erebor; I've had more than enough of all those Blue Mountain elves-- Ale! Durin's beard, where is that Innkeeper?"

"Have you no patience whatsoever, Master Lîn?" asked the innkeeper quietly, coming around in front of the dwarf and holding up a large mug of foaming ale.

"None," growled the dwarf, grudgingly taking the mug of ale. Hawthorne watched as the dwarf raised the mug, sniffed at it, and then hesitated.

"It's the finest ale in the Westfarthing, " said the Innkeeper defensively.

"Bah, " growled the dwarf, and then with one more deep breath, downed the entire mug in one draught. The Innkeeper immediately took the mug, refilled it, and returned with it. The dwarf took several more deep breaths, and once again drained the mug, this time with a resounding belch and some spilled ale. The Innkeeper sighed, muttering "At least dwarves always pay, " and refilled the mug. Numerous elves and hobbits looked on with expressions of distaste.

A third time, the mug was drained, and this time more of it spilled down the dwarf's beard. But the dwarf did not try to wipe it off the beard; the ale ran freely down the dwarf's cloak til it reached the armor, where it was brushed at with a gloved hand. "Ahh. Now-- roast, and roots, and cabbage." The dwarf sat down at a nearby tab, and pushed the ale-mug away with a sense of finality and relief. "And a glass of red wine." Lîn looked around the room. There were men, elves, and hobbits, all very sociable and (except the elves) welcoming, but Lîn felt no desire to mingle. The disguise was much easier to maintain at a distance.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:11 PM   #126
nobody
Haunting Spirit

nobody has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*A tall, saturnine figure, cowled and cloaked in jet-black cloth, stood outside the door of the inn. The upper part of his face could not be seen as the cowl was pulled low over his head, but ashen black skin could be seen twisted around a red-tongued mouth grinning evilly between two long black cheekguards.

Of old he was a servant of the dark lord in Utumno, but since the exile of Melkor, he had been wandering in the Forodwaith, lost, confused and berefit of his memory because of the Battle of the Powers. After many milleniums of disorientation, he had at last returned to civilisation. He now entered the inn and sat down in a shadowy corner, acquainting himself with the ways of civilisation again.*

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:42 AM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: nobody ]
Old 01-05-2004, 05:34 PM   #127
Fire-Galad
Animated Skeleton

Fire-Galad has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Sindahir looked down at the floor. So Finwe had been to Mordor. She had heard stories of the place. Even though it was destroyed, the name still sent chills up Sindahir's spine.

Sindahir looked up as Finwe turned his head back to her. Then for no clear reason, Sindahir pushed past him and ran up the stairs till she came to her room. Without stopping to think, Sindahir threw herself onto her bed and started to cry. As she sobbed, Sindahir pulled out from within her shirt a gold and mithril necklace. The chain was made of gold and mithril links, but the pendent was the most interesting part. It was made in the likeness of two trees, one was made of gold the other was made of mithril. The branches and trunks of the trees intwind together. In the branches and at the heart of each tree, was set a diamond.

Sindahir knew the meaning of the neacklace. It was a family heirloom passed from the parent to the youngest child. Sobs choked Sindahir as she thought about her new found position. The head of the family of Fingolfin and all because of her bracelet. 'Wait, Finwe's older then me. He should be the head of the family not me. Why am I staying here? I should go to Valinor now, but can't I?' Sindahir knew the answer. She was in love, but with who?

Sindahir put the neacklace into her vest. She continued to cry until sleep took her and Sindahir fell into a dreamless sleep.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #128
Vicki

Silmaril

Nuruialien tuck a piece of her blonde hair behind her left ear. She sighed. "Well I am looking for adventure. I was getting bored in Eryn Lasgalen. There was nothing to do there for me."

Nuruialien took a drink of her water. She shifted in her chair as she awaited Meneldur's answer.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:17 PM   #129
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

When Melisil finished the song, she closed her eyes for a moment, remembering the choir of elves she had heard sing it.

"You have a lovely voice," Eruisto commented, Melisil blushed slightly. "Do you sing often? We can talk as we walk."

Melisil nodded, and started walking to the door with him, a few hobbits watched wide eyed as they passed. "Thank you. Your voice is quite excellent too." she commented, "I sing when it is the time to sing. So sometimes yes, alot. And other times.. singing is not needed." she said, slightly saddened at her last sentance.

She was very tall when standing, her long, dark hair fell over the hood of her cloak which was laying on her back. She did not say anything more as they went outside, because truly, there was nothing more to be said right then.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:23 PM   #130
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

Galadel watched as the elf maiden fled up the stairs. Peering at the male elf that sat still at the table, from which his companion had fled away from, Galadel sensed a strangeness about him. "He is a descendent of Lord Fingon, as he said that he was to the other elf, Sindahir, I believe she said was her name," thought Galadel to herself, "He must be. For he has the look of Fingon's people, and the air of royalty."

Galadel had heard all of the two elf's conversation to one another, though she had tried very hard not to. Her hearing was good, very good, for even now she could hear clearly all of the conversation of some dwarves, who were sitting in a corner, whispering to one another, and some other people, Hobbits, speaking of a treasure that had been found. "I think that it would do well for me to speak with him, " thought Galadel, "Yes, it would be best to speak to him now, and certainly not later, for that wouldn't do well at all."

Excusing herself from Autumn for a moment, Galadel slipped quietly over to behind the elf. Standing there, as quiet as a figure carven in stone, Galadel quietly bent down till her mouth was close to the elf's ear. "Greetings, Finwe, descendant of Fingon, will you a allow a Noldor elf to sit and speak with you?" spoke the elf maiden softly into the ear of the astonished elf.

Turning around, Finwe looked up at Galadel, elf maiden of Lothlorien, and said to her...
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 01-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #131
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Iris of Bree

“And you are?” Niluial asked.

With a roll of the eyes, Iris wiped the tears from her cheek and raised her head. She glared at the black haired woman; her green eyes narrowed, her lips froze into a small smirk. Arching a single eyebrow, she asked, “And why would you like to know?”

Niluial shrugged and said, “Because I would like to know you better.”

Raising the other eyebrow, Iris brought the mug of cider to her lips and drowned the draught. Glancing again at Niluial she said, “I don’t think it’s that. I think you want to be polite, make me feel welcome and invited.” With a little snort, she cast her eyes down at the table and heaved a sigh. “My name is Iris,” she said coldly. “I am from Bree and am only here because I ran after a twit of a blind girl who left her home in a temper.” A stifled laugh, mocking as she glanced up the stairs Elentari had climbed, escaped her. But the laugh quickly died, and Iris played with her fingers, her green eyes fixed upon the staircase. They had softened and had become an almost dewy green. She closed her eyes and bit her lips: Finduilas was so happy here.

Old 01-05-2004, 08:56 PM   #132
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gird was hoping to make some friendly conversation, when the elf pulled out another dagger and placed it on the counter after a cold reply. Gird, felt that he didn't want to start any trouble, especially with the inn being so crowded. So, he turned away to sit back on his stool, but it had already been claimed, by yet another person coming into the crowded inn.

Oh, well that's nice. He thought to himself. Gird leaned against the bar and ate his newly aquired apple while he stood. As he finished it, Gird got up, and walked over to the fire to throw the apple core into it, while he said to himself a little rhyme he remembered. An apple a day...

Gird turned from the fire and noticed that the elf, Finwe, had gotten up from his stool and had walked away. Aha! He thought, as he speed walked over to the stool, A free chair!

When he got to the stool, he jumped up on it, with a bit of excitement. Too much excitement actually. Gird had jumped up so fast, that the stool itself tipped backwards, bringing himself with it. "Aiee!" he let out, as he fell to the ground with loud crash and a thud. He lay there on the floor for a second looking up at nothing in particular, a look of shock on his unshaven face.

"Ow."

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk
Old 01-05-2004, 11:26 PM   #133
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Lewis put his mug down, just as Ravon started to speak."It sounds like Rohan is a wonderful place. Will you take me there some day?" she asked "Lewis what do you say? Some day will you take me to Rohan? I would love to see your land... I'm sorry." Her soft elvish voice trailed off. Lewis was silent for a second, thinking. "I think that I should like to that." he said, looking at her. She looked up and she smiled at him.

Lewis then saw Ravon reach to her side and pulled something out wrapped in green leaves. Lewis looked curiously at it."Lembas bread?" she asked, answering Lewis' questions. She broke off a piece and offered it to him. "Oh, sure," said Lewis, "I've heard about it, but I have never tried it before."

As Ravon passed it to him, their hands met along with their eyes. Ravon quickly jerked her hand back. "I'm sorry about that." She said softly and looked away. Lewis noticed that she kept saying that. Sorry. Even though she had nothing to say it about in his mind. She was the most pleasant thing that had happened to him for a long time. It was good to get some nice company.

Lewis was brought out of his thoughts abruptly by the snoring of Eofeng. He had apparently nodded off whhile Lewis was talking about Rohan. Lewis looked back at Ravon and laughed.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:15 AM   #134
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hawthorne Brandybuck

Hawthorne stared after the dwarf who'd interrupted her at the door. The fellow was gruff and a bit blustery for her taste, but evidently meant no real harm. In any case, Dwarves were far less an oddity in the Shire. Many times, she'd spied their trading caravans loaded down with goods, making their way along the Great East Road that skirted Buckland's northern border.

With Elves, it was entirely different. They appeared to be so distant, so far from the world that she knew. Their willowy figures and poetic manner of speech bore little resemblence to most folk around her. Even now, she glanced around the Common Room trying not to stare at the Elven folk, all the while wondering who they were, why they had come to Hobbiton, or whether they noticed that she was in the room. Just being in the presence of an Elf made Hawthorne very nervous.

Hawthorne's throughts raced back to a time almost six years before. One spring, when the Gamgee family had visited Brandy Hall, she had gotten up the courage to ask Master Samwise what Elves were really like. He had laughed at her, then turned serious and spent a moment pondering how to respond. When he finally spoke, it had been in a sad voice.

Did you meet Master Frodo, Hawthorne? She had nodded her head. For she did remember one time when Frodo Baggins had come visiting at Brandy Hall, a little before that business with the Ring. She had been six years old. He had sat with the younger children before the hearth one evening and had spoken in hushed tones of many different things... about a great jewel named the Arkenstone and the Elves of Rivendell with their beautiful house sitting on the very edge of the wilderness.

Hawthorne was not terribly good at remembering the words of stories. What she remembered best were pictures in her head. And the picture she held of that evening was not of jewels or Master Elrond or even of the Elves, but an image of Frodo the Storyteller. One moment, he would be solemn and pensive, lost in some other world where she dared not follow, and the next laughing and affectionate with the children, his eyes gleeming bright. He had a politeness coming from inside himself that was more natural than any she had seen.

So she wasn't surprised when Samwise turned to her and wagged his finger in the air, Hawthorne, you mustn't think that all Elves are the same for surely they are not. Still, there's certain things they seem to share. A look of longing, an easy grace, and a certain steady wisdom bound up with a heart that, if truth be told, can be as determined as any I've seen. He smiled over at her, and lowered his voice, as if confiding a deep secret. And if there ever was a mortal that had a piece of that Elven heart, it would have been Master Frodo. Bound and determined, yet still always longing. So, if you see and remember Master Frodo, you'll understand a bit about what it is to be an Elf.

Jerked back by that odd image to the reality of the Inn, Hawthorne smiled. For Master Frodo hadn't been strange or fearsome once you got to know him: just a little different than most other folk. Perhaps these Elves, although bigger in size, would prove equally interesting and approachable.

Hawthorne shook her head to clear away the silver cobwebs and trotted over to the bar, holding out a piece of paper with some words written on it that said a room had been reserved for them. Ruby read the note and nodded, "Mistress Aman is out for the moment. But this letter does seem to be in order. Let me check the list of rooms."

Picking up the roster, Ruby found the entry with Hawthorne's and Dandelion's names written down. Right beside the names, in the column just adjacent, were some scribbled jottings that said the two hobbits were to be given a chamber on the upper floor, what had once been the attic of the Dragon. Ruby wrinkled her brow and wondered. How very strange! Those rooms were usually reserved for staff and servants at the Inn. Although neat and liveable, the attic rooms were tiny, a tight squeeze for two hobbit ladies accustomed to living in a place like Brandy Hall, especially one adorned with as many fancy gewgaws as Hawthorne. She didn't look to be the laboring type.

But Ruby knew how to follow orders. She didn't mention her doubts to Hawthorne, but led the lass up the two flights of steps to a tiny chamber at the very rear of the Inn that overlooked a series of rather bedraggled gardens. Ruby pointed to two cots. A single chest sat on the other side of the room and a small table was lodged tightly in between the beds.

Ruby thought she heard Hawthorne mutter something furtively under her breath: that her bags and chests would never fit inside such a terribly cramped space. But Hawthorne had been taught manners, and said nothing directly to Ruby. She thanked the maid, and decided to wait till Dandelion made it to the Inn before taking up the question of the room assignment with Ruby's employer, who had obviously made a mistake. Before returning to the Common Room, Ruby slipped a hand into her apron pocket and gave two letters to Hawthorne that had arrived for them at the Inn earlier that week.

Once the door was shut, Hawthorne sat down on the creeky bed and wondered what could be keeping Dandelion. Several hours had passed since her own arrival, and still the nursemaid had not made her apearance with the cart. Too tired to think about bothersome details any longer, Hawthorne stretched out on top of the covers, thinking that an afternoon nap would be just the thing, and had soon fallen fast asleep.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:35 AM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 01-06-2004, 03:37 AM   #135
Eothed
Newly Deceased

Eothed has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Meneldur nodded and said;"So, you are looking for adventures. Well, I dont have any cause for being here actually. I felt that I just had to talk to someone, the lonely life is hard." Meneldur sighed and tapped his fingers in the table. It seems like she is hiding something, he thought. "Is something wrong, Lady Nuruialien?", Meneldur asked quietly.

Meneldur felt dumb. Of course it wasnt anything wrong. Or was it. Nuruialien finally opened her mouth and Meneldur waited for her answer.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:48 AM   #136
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

Autumn, sitting at the bar, watched as the man tried to leap onto the stool a little too exuerantly, and had fallen down, stool and all, with a loud thud. Trying desperaely not to laugh, she huried over to him, and helped him to his feet. "Are alright, sir?" she asked, looking up, a smile forming on her soft face, and her dark blue eyes dancing wih laughter.

"Um, yes, thank you, miss," replied Gird, wincing as pain shot through him from the scrap on his elbow. Noticing the blood, Autumn quickly went over to Ruby, and asked for a bowl of water, a washtowel, and a bandage. After recieving these, she hurried back to where the man still stood.

Righting the stool, she had him sit on it, while she treated his wound, making sure that there was no infection. While she worked, Autumn looked up at the man and asled softly, "So, sir, if I may be so bold as to ask, what is your name? And what has brought you to the Green Dragon?"
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 01-06-2004, 05:18 AM   #137
nobody
Haunting Spirit

Sting

The dark stranger's eyes ominously circumnavigated the room from under the black cowl. His diminutive pupils were revealed to be a cold, pale silver as they put the patrons in the inn under cruel scrutiny. He had started when the dwarf fell on the floor, since he had adapted to the serene calm of the frozen North well, perhaps too well.

He had been contemplating his past. All he could recall now, other than the barren Forodwaith, was an abyss, vast and dark beyond all measure. About it were lit great fires, and in lesser pits there were mighty armouries littered with black engines of destruction, and from the abbys there rose an evil shadow, dark yet shining like a pale frozen scepter, tall as a mountain and crowned with fire and smoke. Then he was shaken adruptly out of his trance by the sound of the falling dwarf.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:35 AM   #138
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Ravon began to laugh. She broke off a piece of Lembas for herself and then placed it back in her pouch. "So Lewis is Lembas as good as some say it is?" Ravon wished she could quit saying sorry all the time. Lewis was so sweet she thought. Yet she would always hurt herself. Like when she took this job to bring Cree back. She didn't want to do it anymore.

Ravon knew that getting away from Cree would do her good. Yet she didn't want to hurt Lewis when time came for her to go back to Eryn Lasgalen.Why does this always happen to me?
Old 01-06-2004, 02:27 PM   #139
Vicki

Silmaril

Nuruialien sighed softly. I wonder how he knew? she thought. Nuruialien thought briefly about how to answer him.

"Well," she finally said. " Yes there is something wrong. I'm not just looking for adventure." Nuruialien looked around quickly, her eyes darting from one patron to another.

"I probably shouldn't say this but I know things I shouldn't. And I'm afraid to talk about it."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:38 PM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Vicki ]

Old 01-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #140
ShadowElf
Newly Deceased

ShadowElf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

SAVE for reworked post.

Check your PM's (Private Messages).

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:28 PM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-06-2004, 05:33 PM   #141
Fire-Galad
Animated Skeleton

Question

Sindahir awoke refreshed from her nap. "I'd better go and apologize to Finwe about running off like that." Sindahir stood in front of a full length mirror. "How can I be of the Noldor? I don't even look like one!" Sindahir remembered something her mother had told her when Sindahir had come running to her saying that the other Elven children wouldn't play with her.

Her mother had taken Sindahir in her arms and asked why. Sindahir said it was because she was too different. Her mother had then smiled sadly and told Sindahir to look at her. 'It's not what others make of you, but what you make of yourself .'

Sindahir smiled and took of her cloak to see more clearly what she was wearing. Her eyes traveled down from her white shirt, the brown vest with the two Trees, the last fruit and flower, the sun and the moon embroidered in gold and silver threads. Her gaze turned to the brown pants and deep green boots. "Well, this is as good as it's going to get, but something's missing." Sindahir then pulled her necklace outfrom its hiding place so that it now showed. Satisfied, Sindahir walked out the room and down the stairs. As she reached the bottom, Sindahir saw another Elf maiden talking to Finwe. Sindahir walked toward the back of the Inn as so not to be seen. The Elf said that she was a Nolodo like Finwe. Sindahir waited at her hiding spot, ready to walk to the table if she couldn't stand listening to them. 'Just until things get crazy.' So Sindahir waited...
Old 01-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #142
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

All New Shire Posters:

Please read the Red Book of Westmarch, the first topic in the Shire. There you will find the rules for posting in the Shire and in the Inn.

Once you’ve done that, then create an interesting Tolkien based character and bring him/her to the Green Dragon.

Be very descriptive.

Remember – this is not television or a movie. We can’t actually see how your character looks, moves, interacts with the environment or other players unless you paint the picture with words for us.

Please be aware of the Inn Facts which are posted at the top of the recent Inn page, so your post will be appropriate to Age, characters, other miscellaneous facts, and time of day (though you will also need to scan the posts following this to see if the Moderator or Innkeeper has moved the time of day along).

You will want to read the most recent posts before yours to get a feel for what other characters are doing in the Inn.

Have a look around the Inn; have a drink; comment on what you see and hear; then try to interact with one of the other posters.

When you get comfortable doing this, then consider trying out for new games in the Shire. There will be notices for them posted in the Inn, and you can always look for new game Discussion threads that have opened up.

Post HERE to be put on our list for contacting players for games.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:18 PM   #143
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Finwë sighed. He slumped further into the chair and massaged his temples with his long fingers. Why did he have to tell the Elf-maiden everything? Inside, he knew that she wasn't going to take it well, yet, that blasted impulsiveness of his loosed his tongue, and he found that he had scared her off. She was probably off crying somewhere, bewailing her misfortunes. He buried his face in his hands, and inwardly cursed his impulsive nature. He could be such an Elfling at times.

He withdrew his hands and took a look around the Inn. A Hobbits and Dwarves were giving him odd glances, and the few Elves seemed rather fascinated by him. It was then that he felt the Elf's breath on his ear, a moment before she began speaking.

"Greetings, Finwë, descendant of Fingon. Would you allow a Noldo elf to speak with you?"

Finwë smiled wryly and thought, Am I going to meet all the Elves in the North today?

"Of course, my lady. Please, do take a seat."

Galadel smiled and settled herself in the chair recently vacated by Sindahir. She leaned forward and whispered:

"No need to introduce yourself further my Lord, I know all about you."
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:10 PM   #144
ShadowElf
Newly Deceased

Sting

SAVE for reworked post

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:21 PM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-06-2004, 09:37 PM   #145
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dűm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Chica Goodbody opened her eyes, and was surprised to realize that she had fallen asleep at the table. Her mug, which she had finished, was gone, probably the innkeeper had taken it away to be washed. Chica sat up and looked about the inn. Nothing much seemed to have changed, but now light was spilling in through the windows of the inn, it was late afternoon! How could she have slept for so long, and at a table, and why had noone woken her up? She felt a fool to have gone to sleep at a table, she must have looked drunk. She hoped not too many people had noticed her...

Chica sat back in her chair, and tried to relax as she pushed her hair out of her face. She needed to think about everything that had happened this week. She had gone to visit her cousin, Murtle Burrows a week ago, and had spoken with many hobbits she hadn't seen for years. She had had a splendid time, but just two days ago her cousin hadn't shown up for dinner, and she had stayed up all night waiting for her. She had not arrived by morning, and Chica went on a frantic search, but she was due to be home that day, and her friends told her that she should go home, but they would keep looking.

She was deeply worried for her cousin Murtle, but she was smart, and knew how to take care of herself. She had been known to run off once in awhile, but while Chica was visiting...?

Chica sighed. She shouldn't worry, so instead decided to get a quick meal, and get home as soon as possible, she needed to tell her family of Murtle's disapearance, and if there was any news, it would be sent there. She pulled herself out of her chair, her body stiff and sore, and went to find the innkeeper.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:55 PM   #146
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"So Lewis is Lembas as good as some say it is?" Lewis just then realized that he hadn't yet tasted the lembas bread. He swiftly put the peice into his mouth, taking in the new flavor. It had a soft, sweet taste, and it was very light, but when he swallowed it he felt as if he had eaten much more than just a bite.

"It is good," Lewis said."I can see why it is so commonly used for travelling. Light yet filling." He wondered to himself, if this is travel food, I wonder what they eat at feasts.

Lewis looked out the window, and realized that they had been talking for most of the day. Funny, he thought, how quickly time goes by when you're in good company.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:44 AM   #147
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye

Niluial invites you to look at the proposal for her new game:

~*~ Hunted ~*~.

Click HERE.

A Hobbits only game!

The Discussion thread will open sometime this weekend to take on characters.

Until then read the proposal thoroughly, take time to develop a good character, and craft a well done First Post.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:37 AM   #148
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Most of the day I've enjoyed myself. I actually had someone I could talk to. Ravon looked out the window she noticed that pretty soon it would be a new day. She no longer knew what to say to Lewis. "So tell me some more about yourself. Its been too long since I've been in such good company."

She finished her drink and then sat back to listen to him. Ravon was fascinated by what came out of the mouths of men.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:50 AM   #149
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Potatothan has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

SAVE for re-worked post.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:53 PM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #150
Eothed
Newly Deceased

Eothed has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

SAVED for re-worked post.

Check your PM's.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:24 AM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-07-2004, 10:17 AM   #151
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

Galadel, sitting across from Finwe was about to speak more, when the door of the Inn suddenly burst open with a bang. All heads turned as a cloaked elf hurried out of breathe into the room, his eyes searching for someone.

Spotting who he was looking for he ran over to the table where Galadel and Finwe sat, he bowed low to the elf maiden. "My lady," he began hurriedly, "There has been attack upon Lothlorien. Your father sent me to find you, and I have now been searching for nearly a month now. I am worreied that there may be no Lothlorien left when we return. Please hurry, Lady Galadel, there is no time to lose. I beg of you, please return home to defend your people."

Galadel stared up at the elf, her eyes wide, hardly believing what she heard. "Very well, Giladean," she answered at last, stading up out of her chair, "I will return with you to aide our city." Turning to Finwe, who sat motionless in his chair looking up at them, she said, bowing to him, "I must now return home, O' Lord Finwe. I am sorry that we were not able to speak further, as I would have liked to, but there is no helping it. If ever you happen to pass by the Land of Lothlorien, do not hesitate to come within. You only have to speak my name, Lady Galadel, Keeper of the City of Lothlorien, and my gurads will admit you." Finwe stood and bowed to the Lady.

Galadel then crossed the room to where Autumn was treating the injured Gird. "Autumn," she spoke softly, "Will you travel will me once again? And aide in the fight to save Lothlorien?"

Autumn smiled up at her friend and replied, "Of course, Galadel. It would be my honor to do so." Facing Gird, the hobbit said to him, "I am sorry, my new friend, but I must now depart. Be careful of that wound of yours. If I return, I hope to find you again in this inn, and here we will talk of the great events in the world. Is this fine with you?" Standing up, Gird smiled and nodded to the hobbit lass, and they bowed to one another.

Then the two friends departed with the elf messenger in hopes of reaching and saving the City of Lothlorien, before it was too late.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #152
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Gorbadic has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

A small hobbit walks into the inn and scans the room. His curly red hair bounces as he walks in and his cape swings back and forth. A look of bordom etched into his face means he needs something to do.

"Hello everybody."

Gorbadic gives a slight wave and goes over to a chair and climbs into it and sits all relaxed like. He lets out a sigh of relaxtion and contentment. "So how is everybody here today?"

Check your PM's (Private Messages) please.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:02 PM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-07-2004, 12:00 PM   #153
nobody
Haunting Spirit

Sting

The mysterious dark phantom rises from his seat and glides slowly to the newly arrived hobbit. He has never interacted with any of the periannath before, and their ways were unknown to him. He had felt a powerful impulse of curiousity when the halfling had entered, and wanted to find out more about its race. But his dark side, buried deep in the abstract shadows of the ancient past, was rising from its mental prison once more, rattling its spiritual chains hatefully.

The black shadow had urged him to return to the path of evil, but the impulse of curiousity proved too much for it to handle now, when it had just began stirring in the depths of the stranger's mind. The specter finally reached the hobbit, and greeted him in a low, menacing tone of voice that seemed unused to speeking
"Greetings, young perian. What brings you here this fair day?"
Old 01-07-2004, 12:36 PM   #154
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

~*~*~*~ Baruk Khazâd! Axes of the Dwarves!~*~*~*~

One spot left open for a female Dwarf.

Orc Captain also needed.

Challenge your writing /gaming skills and give one of them a try.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Amanaduial and Imladris invite you to look at the proposal for their new game:

~*~ Last Hope for Moria ~*~.

Click HERE for the Discussion Thread.

Read the proposal thoroughly, re-read the suggested parts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and take time to craft a good character and a well done First Post.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:36 PM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-07-2004, 01:05 PM   #155
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Gorbadic has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Gorbadic looks over at the man who was talking to him. Gorbadic gets down from his chair slowly and walks over to him. He stands next to the man and says..

"Greetings man who I dont know. I have come today to relax and maybe get a drink of ale. Everyday is the same for me. I travel all day then I find a place to relax at."

The Hobbit shrugs and looks around for a place to get a drink.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:44 PM   #156
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well this is rather embarassing. Falling on my back, in the midst of my glory of getting a stool again, thought Gird.

The hobbit lass returned, and righted his stool which was still on the ground. Gird swiftly sat down, as he was told in a no-nonsense voice. She then started to treat a wound (that he had not realized he had sustained) with a cloth, and water that she had just gotten from the inn. "Oh, look at that, I'm bleeding." noted Gird.

While she worked, she looked up at Gird and asked, "So, sir, if I may be so bold as to ask, what is your name? And what has brought you to the Green Dragon?"

"Well, I guess I can answer that for the treater of my wound," started Gird, "My name's Gird, and as for my business, I am just a traveller, going from place to place."

Gird was just about to ask her the same questions, when an elf came and said to the hobbit."Will you travel will me once again? And aide in the fight to save Lothlorien?"

Autumn smiled up at her friend and replied, "Of course, Galadel. It would be my honor to do so." Facing Gird, the hobbit said to him, "I am sorry, my new friend, but I must now depart. Be careful of that wound of yours. If I return, I hope to find you again in this inn, and here we will talk of the great events in the world. Is this fine with you?" Standing up, Gird smiled and nodded to the hobbit lass, and they bowed to one another.

As he watched her leave, gird thought. Well, that was a quick fare well. They're better that way anyways, no emotional scenes to make a mess of things.

Gird shrugged his shoulders and ordered another pint of warm milk, as if that happened to him alot.

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk
Old 01-07-2004, 02:30 PM   #157
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman arrived at the hobbit's elbow as she recognised the familiar business-like scanning of the room that meant she would be looking for a server or the Innkeeper, two empty mugs in each hand. "You alright, my dear?"

"Ah, yes, can I-?"

Aman motioned for her to wait a minute, wincing as a great crashing came from the other side of the room as the peculiar man proved himself even odder by plummeting off a chair. As she continued towards the bar, beckoning Chica with a spare finger to follow, Aman's concern left her as the hobbit stood quickly, looking around slightly sheepishly before straightening his clothes and hair in an exaggerated manner. Aman grinned - such flamboyancy.

"You look tired, miss...?"

The hobbit looked startled as if just waking up again, before pulling herself onto a bar stool to see over easily. "Oh - Chica. Chica Goodbody."

Aman nodded politely, asking if Chica wanted a room. Just before the hobbit answered, Ruby appeared by Aman's side. "Ah, Miz Aman - there's a hobbit here, waiting in the maids quarters. From Brandy Hall?"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:47 PM January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 01-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #158
ShadowElf
Newly Deceased

Sting

Maikaalph entered the Green Dragon Inn and sat down at a table. He had come from the land of Lorien to see the Shire. People drinking, talking, or just sitting thinking filled the room. He knew it would be difficult to find the information he needed.

“I wonder what I’ll find here?” he thought. “I could just ask around. But… most of the people look like they want to be left alone. This could be interesting.”

Just then he felt as if someone was watching him. He slowly turned to look around the room. He noticed a man in a brown cloak with a hood covering his face glaring at him. Maikaalph reached for one of his knives, but then lowered his hand.

“I could get in a lot of trouble if I start a fight.”

He recognized an elf in the corner. “Sindahir” he thought. “What is she doing here?” The one person he hated to see. She was his biggest rival in any area. He stood up to walk over to her, but just then she noticed him and walked over.

“Maikaalph what are you doing here.”

“Just sightseeing.”

“Maikaalph you never go anywhere without a reason. I know you to well. What’s going on?”

“All right, I need to find the mayor of Hobbiton.”

“Why?”

“That’s for me to know and you to wonder.” He began to walk away.

“Maikaalph” Sindahir yelled. But it was too late. Maikaalph was out the door.

“I need to find Sam fast.” He thought then took of running…
Old 01-07-2004, 05:10 PM   #159
Fire-Galad
Animated Skeleton

Question

Sindahir glared at Maikaalph as he ran out the door. 'I'm so going to kill him one of these days.' Now wasn't the time. Finwe was going to leave soon and she wanted to say good bye to her cousin. Sindahir ran out the door as well, getting annoyed looks from Aman. When stopping for a minute to give her a questioning look, Aman simpley pointed to Sindahir's belt. Sindahir looked down and remembered her two knives. Sindahir mouthed sorry to Aman and flew out the door. She was able to catch up to Finwe just as they were about to leave.

"Finwe wait!" Finwe turned his head.
"Sindahir what are you doing here?"
"I had to apologize for running away like that. If you think it was anything you said it wasn't." Sindahir took a deep breath before continueing. "It's just that I can't be the head of our family, you're older and you are a pure blooded Nolodor lord. Me, I'm...I'm only half Nolodo. The other half is Galadrim. You keep the bracelet." Sindahir turned to leave and go back to the Green Dragon.
"Sindahir catch." Sindahir turned, and instinctly, caught the bracelet on her arm. She looked up at Finwe. "No it's yours, keep it. Oh and another thing, it's not what people make of you, but what you make of yourself." Sindahir caught the saying but didn't say anything.
"Good luck in the fight cousin, Namarie," Sindahir repliad in her calmest vioce.

Finwe nodded to show that he aknowleged the farewell and Sindahir returned to the Greendragon ti await the time that Aman had appointed for tales. Sindahir decided that she would sing of her cousin and his journey to Lothlorien. Sindahir reflected back to when her father and Feanor were still alive after her mother had died.

Feanor had gotten into a nasty habit of teasing Sindahir. It was fine until one day Feanor made sure that he and Sindahir were out of sight before he had pulled out his knive and started threatening her. Sindahir did the last thing her brother had exspected. She had first thrown a small rock at his arm. After Feanor dropped the knive, Sindahir tackled him and that was the day that she ran away from Minas Tirith.

Sindahir walked into the inn, found a table at the back of the inn, and sat there. As she waited, Sindahir run her finger over the hidden button and pushed it. The gems twinkled back at her in the fire light. "Maybe Legolas did mean for us to meet. I can go to Valinor now, but maybe I'll stay so I can find out what Maikaalph's up to."
Old 01-07-2004, 07:17 PM   #160
ShadowElf
Newly Deceased

Sting

Maikaalph stopped in his tracks and walked back toward the inn.

"Sam can wait till later."

He quietly slipped in to avoid Sindahir. He sat down at a table far from her. Just then Ruby Brown walked up to him.

"I can't help but notice that you seem to try to avoid that girl Sindahir. Why is that if I may ask.

"Aiya, does everyone notice that? But I'll tell you. The two of us were rivals. Always trying to best each other at anything we could. She always won at horseracing, agility, anything with speed. I always won at the archery contests, swordfights, and anything with combat. However, she has hated me ever since her mother died."

"Why is that?" Ruby asked.

"I was near her mother when she died. She has always blamed me for her mother's passing.”

“Laurelindorenean lindelorendor malinorelion orn-emalin” Maikaalph quietly said.

“What does that mean?” Ruby asked.

“It is a description of Lothlorien, my homeland.”

“Oh. I’m needed somewhere else right now. Goodbye Maikaalph.”

“Goodbye.”

He rested his head in his hands. How will I prove to Sindahir it wasn’t my fault her mother died? Oh well.
]Laurelindorenean lindelorendor malinorelion orn-emalin[/I]