Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting Search for the Lost Messenger RPG

Helkahothion's Post

7 Urimë (August) TA 3019

The Guard was surprised by the rider. He looked like an Elf, but it was clear that he was human.

“Halt, state your name and business.” He said.

My name is Bordarigorn sir. I have come with important news about Lord Celeborn’s messenger Anuion. The Guard knew Anuion and decided to test him.

“Prove to me that you know Anuion. What is his father’s name?”

“Helkahothion, sir.” Bordarigorn answered quickly.

The guard agreed that he knew Anuion and gave him passage.

Bordarigorn immediately went to Lord Celeborn’s quarters. He rushed in and found Lord Celeborn.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Lord Celeborn asked.

“I bring a message from messenger Luthien.” Bordarigron said, remembering Anuion’s secret name.

“Proceed.” Lord Celeborn said carefully.

“My friend Anuion has been caught between a small army of Orcs that are currently in the Brown lands preparing an attack on Calas Galadhon. He has some information that could be very important, but I don’t know what it is as we were separated even before I had a chance to speak with him. I ask of you to form a search party to find my friend.” Bordarigorn said.

“I cannot force my soldiers to go on a search with you, but I think this news that Anuion bears is of great strategic importance. I will gather the Elves that do not have a post of great importance and will ask them if they want to join.”

Lord Celeborn gave a servant the assignment to spread out the message that six were needed to save a messenger on a dangerous mission and that they could be killed doing it. Bordarigron was shown to a room where he could choose his search and rescue party from the Elves that showed up.

“This is going to be a long day.” he said to himself.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:46 PM   #2
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Legolas'_girl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Melcildir walked slowly into the room. His light leather boots made no sound as he entered, but by some knowing instinct, the man sitting at the table glanced up and continued with his work. Looking around, Melcildir spotted the man at the table and headed in that direction.

"I am here to join the search party; my name is Melcildir," he said bowing. "For too long I have been idle," he continued, patting the hilt of the sword by his side. "A sword is not very useful when there is no enemy to fight, so I supose I must seek the enemy myself."

The man introduced himself as Bordarigorn. Eyeing Melcildir he said,"This mission is not for those only wishing for adventure. There is a very good possibility you will never return. How are your fighting skills?"

Melcildir waited a moment before replying. It was true he was not the most excellent swordsman, but he felt himself capable of the task.

"I am a master archer and fight best with a bow and my daggers." These he produced from under his long silvery-grey cloak. The handles were polished white wood, as if to resemble ivory. The long blades were of a strange blackish metal that reflected the light and cast glittering rainbows on the walls. "Very pretty things they are," he said as he put them back into his belt.

"Indeed they are," the man said quietly. "But how are your skills with a sword?"

"At need, I can fight well with my sword," Melcildir replied. "But..." he paused. Really he had never used his long sword in combat. His foes never usually lived past his arrows. This he told Bordarigorn. The man nodded and said,"On this quest there may be no time for arrows."

Melcildir looked into the man's eyes confidently. "Then I will rob a few Orcs of their heads before all is done," he replied with a grin.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:03 PM   #3
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maeralagos face was set in a grim expression as he approached the table where the lithe man sat. He remained standing before it, bending over slightly and lightly placing his hands on its edge.

"Have you come?" the man said vaguely, without looking up at him. "Come for this mission?"

"I have," Maeralagos replied softly, clearing his throat.

The man looked up then, appraising the Elf surreptitiously with his eyes, remaining polite, even respectful as he took him in. He barely glanced at Maeralagos' face, skimming the uniform he wore, his eyes coming to rest on the sword hanging rigidly at the Elf's side.

"Is that where you're strongest?" the man asked, tilting his heada bit towards the weapon.

"Yes," Maeralagos said, his hand automatically going to the hilt.

"No need for a demonstration!" the man said quickly, sitting up straighter. "I only asked because I see no other weapons."

"I do not generally have need for other weapons," Maeralagos replied, trying not to sound like he was bragging. "I find that I can accomplish most everything I need to, with the sword."

"What about a bow?" the man said, looking back up at him. "What about long-range fighting?"

Maeralagos' eyes dropped to the floor.

"A bow is best in that field, to be sure, but in close range, the sword rules, for me. And, while I could pass the test in either, my strongest is definitely the latter."

"But are you confident in both?" the man said, sitting back again.

Maeralagos paused, looking back up at the man, then at the ground. He didn't use a bow very often, it was true. There were even times when he felt like he was holding it incorrectly. Still, having been a guard for all of these countless years had some benefits. Even if he wasn't perfectly proficient in all weaponry, he would do it. He wanted to save his kinsman, and he wanted to defeat the evil forces that held him, and held its menacing hand poised over all of them.

"Yes," he said. "I am. I can. I can fight with them. I will fight them. I will fight alongside you, to the death, if necessary," he looked beseechingly into the man's eyes.

"Very well," the man said.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Erdaminéon entered the small room, looking about himself almost warily as he had become accustomed to do of late. It was brightly lit with candles, and there was one window, looking eastward. A man, Bordarigorn, sat at a table towards one side of the room. Erdaminéon had, as had many others, heard word of the lost messenger, Anuion. He, by no means considered himself to be one of Lothlorién’s strongest warriors, but he was experienced, and could surely be of some help to the party. Now as he stood in the bare little room, looking upon the one he predicted to be the leader of their party he felt not only respect for the man, but also surprisingly amused at the lack of response to this cause. The man did not look up, but Erdaminéon spoke anyway.

“I see you’re overrun with Elves just waiting to give up their lives,” he said with a wry smile. “Well,” he continued, “it may not be the most popular pastime, but I’m willing to follow you, wherever our search may lead.”

At his speech, the man looked up and met his eyes. “Did you know him?” asked Bordarigorn. It seemed to be the most natural thing to ask in that kind of situation.

“Indirectly. I did not know him as a close friend, although we have spoken.” He paused to think. “He was a good messenger, and a good warrior, and none should be bound to a fate so evil as imprisonment in an Orc army, least of all him.” He continued to watch Bordarigorn closely, waiting for a reaction.

“He was,” Bordarigorn faltered, then corrected himself, “I mean is my closest friend. I am not going to abandon him, but by no means can I rescue him alone.” The man’s face was set. He was obviously speaking the truth about not leaving his friend.

“You have known him a long time,” decided the Elf. “Yes, I can tell, even though I know little of you.” So far the conversation had not dealt with fighting skills, or any skills whatsoever, and Bordarigorn, feeling that this would be an important part of choosing companions to accompany him turned their talk to such matters.

“I have known him all of 40 years,” answered the man. “Now, if you’ll excuse my changing the topic so bluntly, if you are to be of any help on this quest, I must know of your fighting skills and experience.

Erdaminéon smiled softly. The conversation had been bound to cover such things. “I fight confidently with both bow and sword, although I make no claims to be a strong or renowned warrior thanks to either.” A slight laugh escaped his lips, but he suppressed it, and continued, “I do, however, have many years of experience, and I am a good shot long-distance. If you are looking to slaughter Orcs from afar, and then raid their camp, or wherever they are holding Anuion, I’m the one to help you.” He looked to his sword, which after much searching he had recovered in the Green Dragon inn and said, “My sword has not yet failed me. Let us hope it will continue to hold such luck.”

He stepped backward, towards the door and nodded to Bordarigorn. “I hope I will be one to accompany you on your quest. May our paths meet again, friend.” With this parting comment, he turned to the door, and was gone.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #5
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Lofinnaes had been at his post when the messenger came with news of a gathering search party. He slung his bow over his shoulder and began to make his way to where the selection was to be made.

He entered the room where an elven like man was seated. "I have come in reguards to the kidnapping of Anuion...messengers tell me you are to gather a search party."

The man looked up from the list he had already accumulated and nodded "You are in the right place -"

"Lofinnaes"

"- Lofinnaes. Tell me, have you been made aware of the dangers?"

The elf nodded "I have in deed, and I do not fear them. I have killed their kind before. None have made it into the golden wood while I have been on watch. I am aware of their weakness and mannerisms. They no longer surprise me."

The man studied the elf "What is your weapon of choice Lofinnaes?"

The elf brought his bow around to his side "I am skilled with both bow and knife. The bow is best with long range, but up close it can have minimal impact. My knifework is ever improving and I am most comfortable with it...though lately there has been no need for any defense." He smirks "I am most eager to slay me a few orcs."

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Rochelle ]

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Old 02-10-2003, 04:15 PM   #6
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Jerika raced through the crowds of easterlings and orcs, weaving between any groups in her way. Some of the orcs had lit a fire, while many newly arrived Easterlings were caring for their horses.

"Watch where you're going, little one!" An orc growled at her as she bumped past him.

Jerika ignored the orc and his raised battle-axe. Jerika had just gotten back with a large group of fellow Easterlings who had been scouting the area. They had caught an Elven messenger! Another Elf was somewhere hidden, and they had sent a few men to go find the elf, without luck. Jerika was asked to go and find her brother, who was one of the commanders of a group of Easterlings.

"Jeshak! We...found...a," Jerika started when she found her brother, speaking in between deep intakes of air. Her deep brown curls stayed tied, save for a few stray curls escaping.

"Spit it out, Jerika!" Her brother snapped, and Jerika took one last deep breath.

"We caught an Elven messenger, sir..." Jerika finished.

Jerika and her brother walked together to the edge of the "camp". When they got there, two strong, burly men were tying and elf's hands together. The elf was almost a foot taller than Jerika, and had light brown hair. His green clothing was dirty but very elegant.

"Well, well. What pray tell is an elf doing out here, with only one companion?" Jeshak's eyes gleamed with malice as he spoke, and it seemed he already knew the answer to his question.

"Where do you suppose we should put him?" Jerika asked, wondering if they would even bother to leave him alive.

"Why bother keeping him? Lets kill him!" One of the men holding the elf exclaimed, going to his belt for his sword.

"No! He must be worth something. He's a messenger. Besides, why would he be travelling alone, with only one companion?" Jeshak punched the man who spoke out. He ran a hand through his dark, dirty hair and thought for a while.

"We'll keep him in the cave, under constant watch." Jeshak finally decided.

"What about the orcs? What would they say to it?" The same man from before asked.

"Orcs! Who cares what they think! He is our prisoner!" Chorused the scouting party who had caught the elf.

"Let's go. I'll get a guard together. You two," Jeshak gestured to the two who held the elf. "You two and Jerika will go to the cave. If you see Findorak on the way up, or maybe Perlos, take them along with you. If they refuse, tell them I sent you. I'll get together anyone else soon." Jeshak finished as he walked away.

They began to walk away and towards the cave.

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 02-10-2003, 04:31 PM   #7
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Durelin walked silently into the brightly lit room. He saw a tall man sitting at a table on one side of the room. He must be Bordarigorn, he thought. The word of the lost messenger, Anuion had spread quickly and it hadn't taken long for Durelin to make up his mind. They needed a good group of warriors...and they needed them quickly. If all he had heard was true, they had better leave soon, an elf left alone among a small army of Orcs would not last long, even as strong an elf as Anuion. Durelin had always liked the messenger, he was a fierce warrior and he was from Mirkwood. Durelin had always admired elves from Mirkwood. Their home had gone from green to mirk, and yet they still lived in it.

The six foot five elf did not wait for the man to speak but only asked, "Do I hear true that he is among an army of Orcs?"
"I am afraid you do, friend," Bordarigorn answered him, "may I ask your name?"
"Durelin," he said, "I was born here in beautiful Lorien under the ever golden leaves of the mallorn, and now live here. I have traveled through many places and dangers and hope to be a help in the search for Anuion."
"Do you know him then?" asked Bordarigorn in return.
"I have spoken with him many an evening about his homeland."
"Of what skills are you confident?"
"I do not wish to seem boastful, but I feel I am an excellent swordsman with my blades. They are two long knives of Elfin make. I also carry a longbow of Lorien with which I am an admirable shot, but my horsemanship is better."

The man did not reply immediately as he had before, instead he looked at Durelin for a moment as though he were sizing him up and searching for an acceptable answer. "I would never accuse you of being boastful. I believe you on being an excellent swordsman, you carry yourself in such a way...and to the horsemanship I say the same, but as for the longbow, I will not know until I see you shoot."

"Thankyou, friend," Durelin began, he believed a "friend" was in order, he could seem hostile toward people with his almost emotionless face, "for seeing my humility. I am used to travelling and experienced with the minds of Orcs...I know their ways and the ways of the land."
"You are most welcome," answered Bordarigorn, "I can see you are a wise elf, though you seem young for all your wisdom...If you are willing to search for my friend, the messenger Anuion, I will make sure your services are not forgotten."

"I do not mind if everything of me is forgotten, I will not stop searching for Anuion with you until we find him...alive or dead." Durelin was always blunt in his speech, he was never afraid of saying the truth. Alive or dead... Bordarigorn seemed not to be affected by the words. He is a strong man...and a good one, Durelin thought, It is good that I heard about this.

"Well, would you like to sit?" Bordarigorn asked pointing to a large cushioned chair next to him. "I would appreciate your company and your knowledge. It will be a hard choice as to who is fit to accompany us on this search. There is a long road ahead of us, Durelin. Ah, but you know this. You know much, I, at least, know that."
"Ha!" laughed Durelin, "You are as bad as me, ever so humble. It is hard to accredit yourselves with somewhat. My knowledge? I am sure you understand this is no mere hunt. And then there is the question of what an army of Orcs is doing so close to Lorien. And there are also rumors of Easterlings among the ranks."

"Well, for a rare time, it seems all the rumors are truth. There are Easterlings, but I can answer no more questions. Ye gods, but it seems so hopeless when what you are against is a mystery! And fear of it magnifies it to a thousand times your strength!"
"We cannot dwell upon what we do not know, Bordarigorn."
"Ay, but I know that. We must put our mind's effort into our present task…which is to find strong Elven warriors willing to face an army of Orcs and Easterlings to rescue a single messenger."

"You are despairing yet again, friend, remember that it is an Elven messenger, and we do not forget our own. There is still blood in our veins that boils with hatred for the creatures who are such mockery to us. They will come."
"My heart says you speak right, but my mind says otherwise. Where do I place my trust?"
"Always in your heart. You contemplate your actions with your mind. Do not worry, your mind will keep your heart in check."
"Ah, yes, this is going to be a long road indeed. You will keep me busy with your proverbs! My heart is glad you found your way into this quest."
Old 02-10-2003, 08:47 PM   #8
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Perlos sneered as he looked the captured elf up and down. He looked like a typical elf, right down to the "holier-than-thou" attitude he seemed to have in the presence of his captors, which infuriated Perlos even more. He walked up to the elf, slapping him across the face. "You are ours now..."

One of the other Easterlings forcefully pulled him back. "The master will be angry. We may have the opportunity to win this war once and for all if this elf turns out to be important. He may be a good bargaining tool."

"Bah! He is just a useless elf.." Perlos growled, pushing the other Easterling away with a murderous glare. "No one would care if he was dead." As if to prove his point, he reached for his knife.

"Oh no you don't!" another Easterling spoke up, and he, along with another three of his companions, restrained Perlos. "We obey the Master, and the Dark Lord would want us to keep this elf alive... For now..." They let Perlos up, but guarded the elf carefully.

Perlos stood, wiped his bloodied lip and glared at the others. How could they all be so foolish? he wondered. If I were in charge, there wouldn't be any more elves left to make trouble for us now...

He stalked off towards the cave, grumbling to himself. Once there, he sat down in a darkened corner and dabbed his lower lip with the back of his hand, making sure it was no longer bleeding. Perlos' eyes crinkled into small slits as he spotted the second Orc coming into the cave. 'Not another one..' he thought to himself.

He busied himself pulling the meat off a small coney that he had managed to forage earlier ready to eat for his mid-day meal. At least if he didn't have to look at the Orc, he could pretend it didn't exist.

"Bah! There's hardly any meat to go around here.. How's a person supposed to survive if all they can find to eat is a puny little rabbit with more bone than meat?" He let out an indignant snort. "When is this work going to pay off? I'm sick of having to forage for my food. If those Elves hadn't stolen all the decent growing lands, maybe I wouldn't have to."

He continued grumbling to himself as he knawed on the bones, trying to ignore his still-growling stomach as he attempts to get the last of the meat off them. Spotting Nozhdrul watching him, he glares. "What do you want?"

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Elladan Peredhil ]
Old 02-11-2003, 02:59 AM   #9
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nozhdrul could smell the others moving about in the cave. The Orc's odor was faint, from the back of the cave. That Easterling was there, too. Nasty smelling fellow. Soon, he knew, he would hear their voices rising one above the other, trying to have the last word about the prisoner.

Pah! Let them argue! As long as they left him alone. He pulled his cape around him as he sat, knees pulled to his chest, on the ledge outside the cave. He eased his back against the rock wall, and stretched out his legs in front of him. Wrinkling his nose in anticipation, he pulled the two, week old hawk’s eggs from the small bag at his waist and sniffed at them. They were ripe, with an enticing scent.

He broke them open, one at a time, slurping down the soupy interiors, then ground the shells between his sharp little teeth. Nothing like eggs for breakfast, he thought to himself, as he burped in satisfaction.

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Envinyatar ]
Old 02-11-2003, 06:25 AM   #10
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Findorak stormed away from the orc leader Skaibad and into another one of the inner caves, which was less full of stinking orcs. He kicked the loose rock as he paced. This was not going at all to plan. He had been put in charge of the cave. The general and his staff were all going to war and he was now lord, not that idiot Skaibad. The prisoner was his charge and no filthy orc would get its hands on the elf, he was too valuable.

He knelt down beside his pack and pulled out a tough strip of salted meat from his private supply. The hierarchy made sure to look after their troops, unlike those scavenger orcs.

"Jerika!" he called and the Easterling came over.
"Um..she was good looking!" he thought to himself.

"Now Jerika," he began, putting his arm on her shoulder and turning her away from the small group of orcs, who lounged against the wall.
"I need you to guard the prisoner. Those orcs might try and get to him but we must not let them, understood? We must maintain the power here!"
The beautiful easterling nodded and Fin continued, "get Perlos to help you. He will let no orc get passed him. We have a good group here Jerika. You are a great soldier, now prove it!"

"I will Findorak."

As she moved away, he breathed a sigh, he had made the first move. He finished the meat and left the inner cave, moving into the outer one. Skaibad was still there and Findorak ignored the orc chieftain completely. He exited the cave and felt the breeze on his face. Below on the plain the mass of orcs and easterlings lay, making ready for the march that would continue soon. He sat on the rocky outcrop beside the cave entrance and relaxed.

He was in charge!

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 02-11-2003, 09:12 AM   #11
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The cavern was dark--only shattered fragments of the torch-light glinted on its uneven walls. Handorth was in an unknown region: these cool green woods were strange to him, and the sounds and smells were bewildering, although he always had a keen ability to adapt quickly to difficult situations. The Orcs of his brigade were as cruel and vicious as any he had ever known: he detested them, and terribly wanted to kill them, but he was working with them for the Dark Lord.

Handorth looked over his belongings, and fingered the teeth which he hung around his neck on a string. Handorth was a pillaging warrior by nature--his people had survived in this manner in the deserts for centuries. He had slain countless beings and seen more murder and horror than anyone he knew, except for perhaps these Orcs who had been bloodying themselves in the dirty-work of Barad-dur for long years.

The gnashing and horrible voices of the Orcs echoed in the stone chamber. Handorth rose and lifted a flaming torch. One of the younger goblins was prying at the carcass of a boar which Handorth had slain earlier in the day. Handorth struck him hard on the head with the torch, sending the beastly fiend howling away to another dank recess of the cave. Handorth surveyed the other Easterling fighters: he was more content about their worth in this war.

And yet they were the ones who represented more of a threat to his position of power within the Easterling ranks. The one named Findorak was young and proud--Handorth could see that he had lived for as long as he had by relying on the restraint and patience of his fellows. If the boy tried anything Handorth would beat him into the ground.

Meanwhile, there were those with more sense, those who feared Handorth and stayed out of his way. The hierarchy within the brigade was important to respect--without it, the Easterlings would drop to the organizational level of the Orkish hordes. Handorth was particularly impressed with such fearless fighters as Jerika: they recognized their duty's call and never put it out of their minds. Yes, the young woman was good: Handorth looked forward to putting his arms around her strong body. It had been long weeks since he had made the beast with two backs! He laughed silently.

Handorth slid his iron helm onto his skull as he walked out of the cavern's darkness and made his way into the forest. He found a number of his own men holding a truly strange being--one of the Elves, and an enemy of Mordor. Jerika was there and a small guard of Easterlings: surely the Orcs would want to tear this cold-eyed demon to shreds, but certainly it would be more worthwhile to keep the prisoner alive. Handorth also could not help thinking that a force would be sent to reclaim the elf they had captured, and they would be coming soon. They would have to be quick.

Handorth approached the woman.

"Jerika, this pale-faced messenger will be missed by his kin. He may be carrying news for his master. We must bring him into the cave. He must tell us his message so that we may be merciful captors. Bring your men, the Orcs must be held at bay. Meanwhile, I suggest that we send out a part of the brigade to defend the surrounding woods. I will go with them. What we find out could be of great interest to Barad-dur and may further our cause."

Handorth put his arm around Jerika and whispered in her ear.

"The blood of our enemies will be shed upon the bare rock this day. The strength of our bodies will likewise be put to excellent use this night."

Handorth smiled his vicious smile and departed.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-11-2003, 12:05 PM   #12
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Skaibad eyed the Easterlings suspiciously as they talked among each other. That fool, Findorak, was always getting in his way. There were now two Easterlings guarding the prisoner leaving Skaibad with no choice but to leave the prisoner alone, for now.

He walked to the second cave and watched as Findorak wlked past. He drew his sword in frustration, thinking how one day he might be able to stick into one of those interferring Easterlings. Instead, he struck the rock with it, sending sparks flying and sound echoing into the depths of the cave.

He sheathed his sword again and sat down. He pulled out a lump of bread and bit into it, bland, as bread always was. What he needed was some meat, something like man-flesh, he remebered the first time he tasted it and a grim smile came to his face; that man had left him with a sweet taste in his mouth and a good sword in his hand, a sword that he still carried. He wondered if these eaterlings would taste that good, that would give him his revenge. He knew he couldn't though, he'd be cut to shreds before he got anywhere near one of them with a sword. But that Findorak was still really getting on his nerves, he needed to be taught a lesson about who was in charge.

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 02-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #13
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Handorth looked up at the sound of Skaibad's vile sword clanging on the rocks. He called over three men and ordered them to keep a close eye on the Orc, and to kill him if he tried to spoil the captive. The orcs wouldn't appreciate it, but Handorth didn't think that Skaibad had very strong leadership skills, and thus they would tolerate his passing or even be glad of it.

The tree-birds called and chirped. Handorth was doing his best to interpret their sounds, for the woodlands were silent and rumour of comings and goings echoed among the inhabitants of the wood like stones falling in a pool of water. Unfortunately, the Elves were stealthy to the point where they could not be thus detected, and Handorth's efforts were in vain. He partially unsheathed his sword and slid it up and down in its sheath, testing to make sure it would come into his hands swiftly.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-11-2003, 12:43 PM   #14
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Maeralagos stood outside the place of interview, shifting nervously on his feet. He had been told to depart, that he would be part of this mission, yet he knew not what to do now. When he'd returned to his post, word had already reached there of his acceptance, and he'd been told not to bother on the guard today, but to go and prepare himself. Only, he could not think how to prepare.

He did not know who else was going, where precisely they were going, and when they'd be leaving, though he fervently hoped this would be soon. Suddenly, the opening at the doorway parted, and the dull nausea in Maeralagos' stomach swelled with his nerves, seeing another Elf emerge.

As Durelin departed, Maeralagos caught him by the elbow, releasing him as soon as the Elf turned. He did not really know Durelin, though he knew him well enough to know his name, and to wish to treat him with respect.

"Durelin," he said softly, "forgive me, but--what did the man say to you? What are we to do?"

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: The Ruling Ring ]
Old 02-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #15
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

As Findorak lounged on the rock outside the cave he thought through his ideas.

There were alliances forming already, and they were soon going to boil over. Skaibad and his orcs were the obvious threat, but Findorak didn't concern himself with them for the time being, they could be dealt with. No, it was Handorth that worried him. He was big and strong, it was true, and confident as well, perhaps too confident. Findorak was playing the nobles role, unexperienced and vain, but he knew what he was doing. If it came to battle then he needed allies but who?

Handorth came out of the cave mouth and walked further down the track. For a second Findorak had been worried, but as he watched the Easterling captain go, he loosened his grip on the ever-present dirk in his hand.

The Question was who had Handorth already got to, who was on his side? He musn't talk to the wrong people or he would be dead faster than a drunken orc in Lorien. No, he must keep his eyes open and maintain the noble act for Handorth's sake.

He sighed, and stood, this would take all of his strength and skill, he needed to concentrate.

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 02-11-2003, 01:06 PM   #16
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

THUMP! At the sound of a crash Telpeheled span around.
“Who’s there?” he asked, hand straying to his sword. Life in the Golden Wood was getting dangerous in these days. Never before had evil dared to pass it’s borders, but now, who knew. No response came to his query.
“Who’s there?” he asked again.
As there was no answer his cheerful face set into determination. Moving forward, silently and gracefully as befitted an elf, Telpeheled kept a wary eye on his surroundings. Swiftly he followed the direction of the noise. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted movement in the undergrowth, far to his left. He advanced.

Suddenly he ran to the bush, setting an arrow to his bow as he moved. Pulling apart the strands he found his bow pointing into the startled face of a young elf-woman.
She smiled at him. “Telpeheled?”
“Alantuviel, what are you doing here?”
“Would you believe I followed you?” she asked him, raising an eyebrow.
“Really!” he exclaimed enthusiastically.
“No.”
“Of course” he said with a smile, trying not to show his disappointment. He could tell she was laughing at him, and had no wish to increase her mirth.
“Then pray tell why you are here. This is my duty, you know, and I must account for all…intruders.”
“Intruders?” she asked, affecting a hurt look. “I merely heard from your brother that little Telpeheled had been appointed as a guard, and I may tell you I scarce believed it! Yet here you are, and so diligent at your duty I find. Why I remember when you were but a child, you would follow me around all day! May I not now return the favour?”
Telpeheled eyed her sceptically. “You must leave. The wood is no safe place for a lady after dark.”

Without a backward glance he turned from her and began again his patrol. Initially his hurt and embarrassment showed itself as small mutters, and occasional kicks aimed at the woodland foliage, but after a short period of time his natural content returned.
“I wonder how Milendiel is?” he thought with a smile. “She is FAR more beautiful than Alantuviel anyway.”

After he had been relieved of his guard duty Telpeheled made his way back to Caras Galadhon. He paused to look at the city in the distance, and as always, his heart rose. "I'm so glad to be able to protect this place", he thought to himself. "I just wish I could do more..."

Inside the gates, he overheard two elves having a conversation.
"Did you hear about Anuion? They are calling for a rescue party. Bordarigorn is at the Lord's quarters."
"Yes, indeed. They call for those willing for certain death, I believe."
"I do not think that the situation is yet that awful, but truly it is dangerous."
"I take it you are not thinking of going then, mellon?"
"No, for I forsee that battle will not neglect the Golden Wood when it comes..."

Without waiting to hear more, Telpeheled turned his steps towards Lord Celeborn's dwelling.

Soon enough he found himself sitting in a chair opposite Bordarigorn and defending his reasons for going on what seemed in his heart to be a foolhardy quest.

"So why" asked Bordarigorn with a keen stare "do you think you should come on our mission? What skills do you bring?"

Telpeheled could feel himself being sized up, it was a feeling he knew well.
'Why do people think good humour and fighting skill are mutually exclusive?' he wondered.
Aloud he said "I can fight, I can use the bow and arrow, I do not fear death and, who knows? Although you may despise it now, you may yet need to be cheered up one day!"

Bordarigorn smiled grimly, without a trace of humour. "As a quality I do not despise cheer. But I have never yet heard of it saving someone's life. You are neither the most experienced, nor the most talented of the city guards. You must offer me more than humour, mellon."

"I know yrch, how they behave, how they think. Once when I was young and foolish I became bored of city life and left Lorien. I wandered towards the Misty Mountains, and had reached about half way there, when I was surrounded by yrch. They took me captive. For three weeks they held me, I watched them and learnt. I discovered they do not understand loyalty, obedience. It is possible to suggest to one that the other is tricking him, that superiors are favouring one above another, anything which does not serve their own interests. By this manner I eventually escaped, although I must tell you I slew sixteen with the point of my own sword. When I returned to Caras Galadhon there was astonishment at my tale, no-one would believe me. But the Lady galadriel saw me, proclamed my honesty and foretold that I had a purpose which she didn't understand... I believe it may be this."

Bordarigorn looked thoughtful. "I have heard of this" he murmered to himself. After a number of minutes he looked up and smiled more genuinely. "Guard Telpeheled, you may have convinced me. Savour the feeling, it is rare. Understand that I will watch you closely throughout our journey. I have one final question. You say you do not fear death. Are you sure?"

Telpeheled smiled a dazzling grin. "Indeed no, my lord. Rather I believe death should fear me. For my humour would disturb the peace of even the Halls of Mandos!"
A chuckle escaped Bordarigorn, startling Telpeheled.
"You may be right" said the ranger, smiling. He clapped Telpeheled on the back.
"Welcome" he said.

Telpeheled left the room. He closed the door behind himself.
'For better or worse 'tis done' he thought.

As he turned to depart, he heard another elf ask "Durelin, forgive me, but--what did the man say to you? What are we to do?" Curious to see exactly what he had become involved with, Telpeheled went over to the two elves.
"I also would be grateful to learn, for I am to be one of the party. Telpeheled is my name. What are yours?"
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-11-2003, 02:45 PM   #17
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

Nozhdrul watched as Skaibad took his frustration out with his blade. He was feeling lucky not to be sitting any closer to the easily irritated leader, having seen him dispatch several Orcs in previous campaigns with a minimum of slices and stabs. And that just for eyeballing him when he’d barked out another string of ridiculous orders.

Mmmm! There were two Easterlings guarding the prisoner now. Three distinct Man odors were sieved through his nose and analysed. One of them had no fear about him, no scent of heavy stress. It was a calm, alert smell . . . a waiting smell. The other two stank of stress. The first he identified as the prisoner, the second two as the Easterlings.

He eyed Skaibad, sitting there gnawing at his bread. Scuttling a little closer to the scowling leader, he offered him a strip of rabbit jerky from a pocket in his voluminous, and disreputable cape.

‘Ever wonder how them ugly Man warriors would taste spitted and roasted slow over coals?’ He nodded with his chin toward one of the overbearing Easterlings. 'I do.'

He held out the dried strip of meat to Skaibad, and bit into one of his own.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:46 PM   #18
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"Well, this is a mighty fine situation to be in and no mistake. Waiting half way up a bleedin mountain in the dark and cold."

Kane shook his dark wet hair out of his eyes and glared at his brother. "You can go inside if you like, brother."

"What, and let you get away with the horses? Not bleedin likely Kane-"
"Theos is my horse Vlad, and if I took of with him Id be perfectly in order!" Kane answered, stroking the stallion in front of him. Theos' dappled coat was made darker by the rain and as his name suggested, Kane had made a sacrifice to get his beautiful horse, more than he had bargained for when he had stolen him. More than the rest of the motley crew of orcs and easterlings had made to get what few steeds they had between them certainly.

"He belongs to some fat merchant at that Rohan inn, Kane, and you know it!" Vladamars predictable temper flared up and Kane rolled his eyes, a gesture sure to make his fiery brother even more angry. A scuffle from inside the cave nearby drew both their attention though and Kane shook his head in disgust; the orcs again. Vlad caught the gesture. "Hey Kane, dont be turning up your nose. I said Id help in this, and so I will. Besides, there will be fine booty to be had here. And more precious horses."

Kane grinned at his brother and, leading Theos they went into the cave. One of the orcs tried to stop them when he saw Theos, a mere lump of horsemeat as he said, being brought in from the rain, but Vlads knife soon made him see the error of his ways. That was one thing Kane could say for his brother; he'd always stuck by him.

They say Handorth watching them from nearby and went towards him; another easterling was welcome in the midst of the filthy orcs.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:03 PM   #19
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Handorth glanced around. His brigade had fallen into disrepair. They were stationed here on this wretched rock-pile in the woods and were becoming quarrelsome. It made him sick to see strong arms and sharp blades lying idle while other servants of the Dark Lord were busy cutting the throats of Elves and foolish misguided Men. Handorth determined that it would be necessary to form a pact with a group of loyal fighters to command the rest with an iron fist.

Handorth was pleased that so many were loyal to him and his brigade: the marching armoured soldiers from the households of the Far South were well-disciplined and deadly, the members of the barbarian legions, and the swordsmen who bore the black tooth markings upon their collars; they were in league with Handorth and his battalion, who were named the Iron-Blades by the Orcs who had seen them at work opposing the foe.

Handorth approached two men he recognized: Kane and Vlad. They had seen war and were wise in its ways. Handorth addressed them:

"My friends: this army is cutting itself apart the longer we linger by this cave. Some may desert, and they will be slain or they will perish, one way or the other--I mean that we must hold together. I think we can command some respect even with the Orcs if we act together. First, the prisoner must be protected. Next, we must send out a part of our force to secure the area. We are lying here blind and confused. Finally, we must agree that an attack on any one of us will be regarded as an attack on us all. If the Orcs try anything, they will get to see the Iron-Blades work on them. Do you understand?"

Handorth looked over his shoulder at Findorak.

"If that one will join us, let him join us. If not, leave him to the Orcs. I am sure he will fare well with them."
How did it come to this?
Old 02-11-2003, 04:27 PM   #20
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Jerika listened as Handorth spoke. Jeshak had stayed along as well.

"My friends: this army is cutting itself apart the longer we linger by this cave. Some may desert, and they will be slain or they will perish, one way or the other--I mean that we must hold together. I think we can command some respect even with the Orcs if we act together. First, the prisoner must be protected. Next, we must send out a part of our force to secure the area. We are lying here blind and confused. Finally, we must agree that an attack on any one of us will be regarded as an attack on us all. If the Orcs try anything, they will get to see the Iron-Blades work on them. Do you understand?"

Jeshak had been appointed the leader of their clan. He, Jerika, and almost fifty other strong men and boys had come from a village in South Rhun. The clan had been called the Poison Daggers. Though small and little-known, many great warriors emerged from their land. Jeshak listened and watched intently, and no sign of his feelings showed upon his face. Jerika looked to the black 'X' tattoo on the palm of her brother's hand, the symbol of her village's warriors. Where would his loyalties lie? Her brother liked taking orders from others no more than he liked working near orcs. I'd follow my brother anywhere, even if it be to the ends of the earth. He is my brother, I'll follow what he decides for our clan.

"My clan, the Poison Daggers, will abide by these acts. I will leave some of my people for the protection of the prisoner...and the rest of us I will bring to attack the forests of the Elves," Jeshak spoke up, loud enough for all in the vacinity to hear.

"You'll stay behind, Jerika. I'll leave some of the younger ones with you and the other easterlings to protect the prisoner." Jeshak commented to his sister.

No! Jerika thought, though wouldn't dare speak it. She wanted to prove herself as a warrior, not only to her brother but to every one of the great fighters. How would Jerika do that if she stayed behind to baby-sit an elf, while her brother and her people ran off to find glory in battle? I'll find a way... Jerika thought to herself.

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 02-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #21
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Ever wonder how them ugly Man warriors would taste spitted and roasted slow over coals? I do."

Skaibad grunted as he took the rabbit, anythings better than bread. He grinned at Nozhdrul's words. He liked the way this one thought. Oh yes, he'd wondered about their taste, something to pass the time and take his mind off things.

The filthy creatures were now outside, doing some other pointless man thing. He glanced towards the prisoner. Curse it! He was still gaurded. He took a bite out of the rabbit as he pondered certain things, like who would be going scouting, if he went, he'd get away fom those dratted Easterlings, but on the other hand, some of them would have to go too, leaving less at the cave.

He gave up, those Easterlings got everywhere! What could they do which orcs couldn't anyway? And more importantly why wasn't Skaibad in charge of the prisoner?

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 02-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #22
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

When Durelin returned he found four other elves who had obviously joined the group for the search. He usually hated introductions and conversations, but he had enjoyed talking to Bordarigron and he was going to be travelling a long road with these people... He walked over to them a bit stiffly, but his voice sounded natural when he spoke.

"My name is Durelin, I too have joined this search. I am glad to see that Lorien has some willing to rescue a fierce warrior and good heart of our kindred."

"Yes, Durelin," answered an elf to his right wearing a long silver-grey cloak, "We were upset to see how few of our kindred would atleast speak to Bordarigron." The elf paused a moment and looked at Durelin like Bordarigron had, almost sizing him up. "My name is Melcildir."

"And I am Maeralagos," said a grim looking elf next to Melcildir. He looked like an excellent swordsman with his confident stance and his sword in its scabbard hanging so naturally at his side. Maeralagos's hand seemed poised to grab the hilt at any moment.

Durelin's gazed moved to the elf next to Maeralagos. He had much knowing in his eyes. This is a wise elf, he is experienced without tremendous age. And he can see things others cannot. Well, lets see how he does trying to read me... "And what is your name, friend."

"Erdaminéon, friend," he replied, "I will enjoy having you as a companion on this quest. You seem to have much experience with a sword, and you have travelled much. We will all be thankful for that during this journey." There was a twinkle in the elf's eye with his last statement.

"You are experienced also, but in other things..." replied Durelin eloquently.

Erdaminéon chuckled, "Yes, yes..."

Durelin turned to the last elf. "Lofinnaes," he said before Durelin had the chance to say anything. "I am eager to begin this search," he commented shortly.

"Eager?" Durelin asked. "I do not see how you can be eager, no one should wish to have to fight. It is just something we, unfortunately, must do for the protection of those around us. I mean no offense to you, I remember being eager myself, but I have overcome that and faced the bitter truth over the years. It has not been that long either, I am still young and naive in many ways."

Lofinnaes nodded slowly then replied, "Yes, I believe I understand your reasoning. I admit to my eagerness being partly because of the 'excitement" of battle, but I also keep in mind the life of the messanger."

"Yes, it really is wise to be leaving soon," Durelin said.

Durelin heard someone walk into the room. He turned to see a young elf come in and walk to the table. The five were silent while the young elf spoke to Bordarigron. They listened as he was accepted. Then Maeralagos broke the silence, "Durelin, forgive me, but--what did the man say to you? What are we to do?" he asked cautiously.

The young seemed to over hear because he too came over and said, "I also would be grateful to learn, for I am to be one of the party. Telpeheled is my name. What are yours?"

"Good day to you, Telpeheld. I am Durelin, and this is Melcildir, Maeralagos, Erdaminéon, and Lofinnaes," Durelin replied to him, pointing at each elf. "As for you and Maeralagos's question, I did speak to the man, but he did not mention his plans, in fact he did not mention much at all...Except that he does not know much of what we are up against. I am sorry I do not know more."

"And Maeralagos," he said turning to him, "Forgive you? You treat me as if I am a Lord that expects pardons every other word. I thank you for the high respect you showed me, but I am not worthy of it. Not in the least."

[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 02-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #23
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

‘They like wine, you know. He added a ‘sir’, just in case Skaibad took offense at his lengthy conversation. ‘Very fond of it, in fact. Or so I’ve smelled when ever they breathe their filthy air out.’ He wiped his nose with the hem of his cape.

‘Like it so much, they drink it til it makes them fall down sleeping.’ He pointed his crusted chin at the small casks stacked at the back of the cave. ‘If you was to order me, and I would be eager to please such a leader as you, I would take the stinking hulks what guards him a cask of it with your compliments . . . friendly like. Tonight, when most of them are sleeping anyway.’ He picked a piece of rabbit jerky from his teeth with a ragged, blackened nail.

‘They think old Nozhdrul’s harmless. Simple minded. Don’t know nothing.’ He smiled, a ghastly rictus inhabiting his face. ‘They thinks I can’t hear when they talk. But I can. And I can smell the stink of their fear and the nervousness when Orcs are near them.’ He drew his bony, scabrous knees up to his chin and drew the cape tight around him. ‘They have to sleep sometime. They're Men and weak like that.’

He looked toward Skaibad. ‘I could help them if you wanted. Then you could talk to the prisoner.’ He raised his nose and sniffed the air, his hairy brow furrowing. ‘He’s the only calm one. He’s waiting, you know . . .’

Old 02-12-2003, 04:53 AM   #24
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Findorak was worried, his list of allies was becoming short. Handorth had managed to secure Kane and Vlad, as well as Jerika and Jeshak. Perhaps the best thing would be to join with them, to gain power one must do it subtly and from within the system. It was much easier to assume command than to rebel.

"I will join in thy alliance, Handorth," he said, pacing over to them, in a quiet enough voice so that only the small group heard. "I agree, we must unite against these orcs."

"Good then we are in agreement," Handorth said, in a cold and even voice.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #25
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
It was a beautifull morning. Anuion was camping in the fields of Rohan, awaiting Bordarigorn's return from the tavern in Edoras. They would head of to Lothlorien then. Maybe afther that see his father.

"It would shure be nice to see old Helkahothion again." Anuion said to himself with a smile of nostalgie on his face.

Anuion wandered what was taking Bordarigorn so long. The trip here took him 2 days and the business would take 1. That would mean he would be arriving today. But Bordarigorn, humenly as he was, was always late. Suddenly out of the blue, a loud happy voice entered his mind.

"Good morning master elf. Nice weather we are havin' won't ya say?" Bordarigorn said.

"Dear Bordarigorn, you are late. I hate it when you are late. And I hate it when you use your old accent to look innocent. You where supposed to meet me earlyer." Anuion said, surpressing a smile.

"Ahw come on. What does a guy have to do to get some comfort?" Bordarigorn asked.

"You could start by ducking for cover."

Anuion grabbed a branch from the firewood and tossed it to accompany his words. Bordarigorn got the intentions to late and the wood struck him in the face. Anuion could not control himself any longer and bursted out in laughter. Bordarigorn happely joined him and together they sat down.

"Oh bugger, the fire wood is all used up. Would you mind getting extra? I'm exhausted from the trip."

Anuion nodded and grabbed his sword and knife. He went out searching for wood.

"Don't expect me back soon friend, I tend to wander in the beauty of nature a lot." He said before leafing.

"Oh really?" Bordarigorn replied with a sarcastic tone.

Anuion headed out to the outskirts of the forest. He much liked this forest. People warned him for it, but as a woodelf, he feared no tree. He walked arround a bit, gathering fallen branches cause he would not take from nature, when his elven ears picked up a sound. It was a chopping one and within these here boundries; they ment trouble. He rushed of towards the source of the sound and found a horrygying sight: Orcs where chopping the old trees. Five of them. They bashed and smashed if there lifes where depending on it. The worst part was, they where doing it for no reason at all. Anuion, filled with anger ran to the Orcs and drew out his sword and dagger.

"Halt foul creatures of doom. Let that wonder of nature excist or face the wrath of Anuion, son of Helkahothion." He cried with a commanding voice.

The Orcs turned arround, expecting to see a band of elves. But they could only see one. What a nerve did that white face have. The leader of the band stepped forward and started talking to Anuion.

"Leave us be Elf. Our business is not yours. What do you want from us, it's just a tree." He said in terrebly deformed Westron.

"Just a tree? Just a tree? You should be happy with what nature gives you. Not take from nature yourself. The only way you will damage that tree is over my dead body." Anuion said back, now filled with anger.

"That can be arranged" The Orc spoke with an evil undertone.

The five Orcs trew down there axes and grabbed there swords. Filled with lust for battle, they charged Anuion. Great time to leave your bow behind idiot. Anuion thought. The Orcs wheren's all of the same kaliber. The leader reiched Anuion firsth. He took a great swing at Anuion. Anuion evaded the strike and countered it with his sword. The head of the Orc fell of and Anuion charged the other four. With a elegant curve, he sliced the troat of the firsth on open. The second one's stomack proved not able to resist the steel of his sword. But Anuion was outmatched by four Orcs. The others jumped him and because of the weight, he fell over. Anuion managed to plant his knife into on of them but the other struck his sword out of his hand, leaving Anuion unarmed. The Orc tried to cut him, but Anuion could defend himslef in fistfighting.

"All those fights with Mordariel will serve you right rat!" He screamed to the foul beast.

But the Orc was to strong for him. Anuion received a blow on the head from the back of the Orc's sword. But before he passed out, an arrow flew and struck the Orc in the back of the head. Saved!Anuion tought.

As Anuion woke up, he noticed he was not in Rohan anymore. He was in some sort of cave. Traped in a prison. Altough he would rather call it a cage. He saw Orcs and Easterlings standing randomly arround, leaning against walls arguing. Where was he? Anuion figured that whoever shot that arrow, did not intend to save Anuion. They must be afther Lotlorien. But what are the Easterlings doing so far from home? Wild toughts crossed his mind. But suddenly he heared a name that drove the ground away form underneeth him and struck him in the brain: Sauron!

Many time he had heared about the darklord. From his father and Mordari?l mostly. They had been on Mt Doom. They saw him. Anuion feared the name and avoided the use of it at all time. And now he heared it again. What did it mean? How could he returned? Why now? Anuion knew that he would return someday, but he had hoped that it wassn't going to happen while he was inhabeting Arda. Now all his hope had fainted.
________
Voyager

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:25 PM   #26
MazinZ

Sting

Glockhâsh was sitting in the cave. Tapping his sword against his buckler. Guard duty shurly stinked. He was wishing that he could join them on the ride to Lothlorien. It was a long time since he had broken Elf neck's. But instead, Sauron made him stay. And there he was, stuck with those stupid creatures. All he would kill with eas, but none could he strike. Secretly, he wished that the cave would be attacked. But nothing had happened tough. And the orders where stricked. Phuh, I can't even eat a stupid prisonor. He has no use, so why? he taught to himself.

He decided to wait a little more. Soon there would be a lot less of those rat's in the cave. It would be easieyer then. Glockhâsh laughed inside himself. An Orc came to see what he was laughing about, but a wack of Glockhâsh's fist made him flying away. The nerv!Glockhâsh taught to himself. He would deal with one of those puny rabbit's soon enough. He walked over to the entrance of the cave. he sat down and continued his little drumsolo. Soon, soon I will break some necks. Orc, Easterling or Elv. As long as they die. He tought to himself. He added a little grin. "Yes, soon."

Old 02-12-2003, 02:44 PM   #27
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Since he had spoken with Bordarigorn, the Elf had wandered in the woods, watching the golden leaves around him, and singing softly to himself. It was true, he would miss the woods greatly, but it was not as if he was new to the experience of leaving everything behind. He saw in his mind, an eager young Elf, hoping for adventure, dreaming of escaping the serenity of life in Lothlorién. There was also a grim, solitary looking Elf; another dressed in a silver cloak, and two others. He smiled to himself. It was a rare gift to be able to see through the mind, as well as the eyes, and he treasured it. Yet he had a longing to meet these Elves in person.

“I suppose it is time to meet up with my fate,” he spoke softly to himself, so as not to disturb the peace. Then, he turned and began to make his way back through the trees to the room where he was to meet the other 5 he would be travelling with.

Erdaminéon appeared again, silently in the doorway of the room. Three Elves already stood in the room, and an awkward silence was heavy on the air. He looked each of them over carefully, judging them, testing their weaknesses. Then, he moved to the side of the room, opposite the table at which Bordarigorn was working, and stood, anticipating the next arrival.

Soon they were joined by another, who did not hesitate to break the silence. Erdaminéon felt the pressure lifted from the small party as the newest arrival spoke.
"My name is Durelin, I too have joined this search. I am glad to see that Lorien has some willing to rescue a fierce warrior and good heart of our kindred."
The Elves then proceeded to introduce themselves one by one. Erdaminéon found all his predictions to be proved right, and also found a strange trust in the one named Durelin. He was quiet, and could appear distant, but beneath all that was more. Something others wouldn’t see. Erdaminéon smiled to himself, knowingly. Then another Elf entered the room; the last of the company. His name was Maeralagos. He asked the question all had been waiting to hear answered.
“What did the man say to you? What are we to do?”
Durelin made everyone sure that he did not know, that maybe even Bordarigorn didn’t know.

“Perhaps,” said Erdaminéon quietly, “we should wait for our friend Bordarigorn to speak, although I suspect he knows little more than we. I would also suggest that we take leave of each other, now we are acquainted, and prepare ourselves. We should be leaving soon, and it would be wise to be thoroughly prepared.” With this, he looked at the others in turn, waiting to see what they decided. He was no decision maker. He would simply advise.

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Dark Shadow ]
Old 02-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #28
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bordarigorn sighted. He was totaly weared of. He knew that Anuion knew elves, but there where so many rookies eager to join. He was glad that he had selected a fine group. He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Tomorrow I will fill them in on what we are going to do.
He walked to the room that was given to him when he encountered Durelin. The elf was anctious to know what they where going to do.

"All I can say for now is that Anuion is being held hostage in a cave in the Brown Lands. I think that there are about 100 in the cave when we get there. We can't go directly to it, but will go arround my origenal route, because we could encounter the army that will attack Calas Galadhon. I will fill you and the others in tomorrow in the same room as you aditioned. Have a good night sleep for now friend."

They parted and Bordarigorn went to his room. He did not bother to get undressed. He just took of his shoes and went straight to bed. It was a good night sleep. Better than he could remember.
________
Buy Herbalaire Vaporizer

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:30 PM   #29
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Legolas'_girl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Melcildir felt shy and inexperienced in the presence of so many great warriors of Lòrien.

He spoke a bit with Durelin. This Elf was more distant than some and in a way he felt closer and more friendly than the others. Slowly the talk died down as the lanterns glowed only dimly.

When the gathering finally dispersed, Melcildir went back to his home in the branches of a strong and ancient Mallorn tree beside the river Nimrodel. He tried to sleep, but his mind was at unrest. Was he quite ready for the journey ahead? The questions ran through his mind until the river's soft night music lulled him to an uneasy sleep.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #30
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

A few hours had passed, not much going on. Findorak still detested all the orcs, and as far as Jerika knew they hated him just as much. Handorth still spoke to most of the other easterlings gathered in the cave, while Jerika had left the group and wandered throughout the cave.

Polishing her daggers, with her sword in its sheath, Jerika came to stand next to the prisoner. He stared intently at the orcs nearby. Jerika took a knee, and the elf turned to face her with angry eyes.

"Do you have a name?" Jerika asked the prisoner. It said nothing, and only lifted a stubborn chin.

"I only just cleaned this dagger. I would hate to get it all bloody again. I know you have a name. I hate to admit it, but even though you are and elf, I do get sick of calling you 'it' and 'him'," Jerika spun her two daggers around in her hands as she spoke.

"As much as you hate to admit such a thing, I must say I'll feel no guilt when I do this," the prisoner growled. A split second later he leapt from his spot and shoved Jerika from her balance on her knee. Of course, Jerika would not let an elf do such a thing to her.

"You'll certainly regret that, elf boy," Jerika whispered before going to attack the elf.

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 02-12-2003, 06:01 PM   #31
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

As Jerika made a swift move to attack the Elf, a strong hand suddenly grabbed her around the wrist and her path was blocked. Out of the corner of his eye, Vlad saw some of the others take care of the elf and he smiled to himself and then to the young woman in front of him as he took the knife from her hand.
"Be careful with that knife, little lady. Someone could get hurt! Such a pretty face should not be damaged."
The girl glared at him angrily, but he only smiled and handed her the knife.
"A little less temper, my sweet. The prisoner is not to be harmed!" he said and gave her a wink as well as he could with only one eye left.

"Kane!" he yelled as he turned and his brother followed him to a more quiet part of the cave where they sat close together, facing each other.
"There's trouble arising, Kane", he said, keeping his voice low. "Too many leaders, too many egos. We don't even need those damned Orcs to make trouble in here."
Vlad's gaze wandered off to Jerika, an approving smile playing on his face. Ah yes, she was a pretty little thing, indeed she was. And a fiery spirit as well.

"We'll keep low and if things get out of hands we're gone, you hear me? Kane?"
He followed his brother's eyes and noticed that he too was looking a Jerika, but with a strange look in his eyes.
Vlad sighed heavily and punched his younger brother on the shoulder.
"Dammit, don't tell me you're still thinking about that tart? It's been six years Kane! She's dead! Gone! Forget about her! Besides, what makes you think that she wouldn't just have slit YOUR throat as well? She used you, little bro! Nothing else!"
Kane glared at his brother, feeling the fury bubbling inside him but he tried to restrain himself. This wasn't the place to be fighting his own brother, no matter how much he deserved it.

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 02-12-2003, 06:40 PM   #32
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Yes, of course," Maeralagos said bashfully. "F--," he stopped himself from speaking the very same statement again, breathing out through his nose as Erdaminéon made his suggestion.

"It is fortunate," Maeralagos thought, "that I am skilled in fighting, for I am skilled in no other areas, conversation and socialization being the least."

He smiled wearily as the group dispersed, but halted about twenty paces from the lingering Durelin, hearing footsteps approach. Maeralagos turned to see the man who had interviewed him, now speaking in muted tones to Durelin.

"All I can say for now is that Anuion is being held hostage in a cave in the Brown Lands. I think that there are about 100 in the cave when we get there. We can't go directly to it, but will go around my original route, because we could encounter the army that will attack Calas Galadhon. I will fill you and the others in tomorrow in the same room as you auditioned. Have a good night sleep for now friend."

Maeralagos turned and walked swiftly away as the two parted, trying not to make it obvious that he had overheard. Still, this was disconcerting, to say the least. Anuion, a hostage in the Brown Lands, with at least one hundred--Orcs, he supposed--barring the way? How were they, but a small group of Elvish guards, but a fly in Sauron's ever-expanding web, to do this? And, how would he, himself ever find sleep now?
Old 02-13-2003, 03:55 AM   #33
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Findorak watched Jerika's scuffle with the elf and followed her as she stormed away from the cave and out into the darkness. As they came to a lonely spot on the hillside he called to her, "Jerika!"

She spun round, sword in hand but he made a sign of peace and she lowered it.

"My dear, I was merely concerned," he began, "I worry for your safety, as competant as you are. Handorth is crafty, and he lusts for you, it is plain to see. He wants you for your body and nothing more. Why he cannot see your skill, I do not know."

He stepped closer and smiled at the women.

"I offer secret alliance, if we stay together we may look out for one another."

Jerika looked uncertainly at him.

"I swear on my father that this is not a trick to gain your favour," Findorak continued. "This cave is becoming dangerous and we all need allies. Handorth is powerful, but he yearns for too much power. Join with me, secretly, and we can stay alive!"

He awaited the easterlings reply.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:54 AM   #34
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Join with me, secretly, and we can stay alive!

Jerika thought over Findorak's words. Secretly...meaning no one had to know? Not that she couldn't keep alive on her own, but a little alliance wouldn't hurt. She couldv'e...would've killed the prisoner back there, if it hadn't been for that Vlad.

I'd follow my brother anywhere, even if it be to the ends of the earth. He is my brother, I'll follow what he decides for our clan.

Jerika remembered her own words from earlier. Her brother! She had promised herself to follow Jeshak, and he in turn agreed an 'alliance' with Handorth. Six years older than her, he had always protected her from things. Jeshak needed to see for once that she could handle things on her own. Besides...he'd never know of this alliance if it was secret!

Jerika noticed Findorak waiting for an answer. Jerika smiled with confidence, though inside she had a heart full of doubt. Jerika shook Findorak's hand.

"An alliance it is, Findorak. So long as no one knows," Jerika finished her sentence lamely, still hoping her brother would not find out about the alliance.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:04 AM   #35
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The girl charged Anuion, but was stopped by another. He talked to her and Anuion could see that she hated him.Oh this is just great. I have been captured by the village idiots. They can't even keep control of eichother. Let alone over me. I just wish that Bordarigorn has something coming. I'm lost if he diesn't. They will soon leave and then I will be left with these moron's. But no son of Helkahothion will give in without a fight.Anuion tought to himslef as he made up his mind. He would be kind to the Easterlings, they where just following orders. Most of them that was. That girl was trouble. He wished that they met in different sircumstances. If we met in battle you would be bleeding little wench. Anuion smiled. This could get interesting. Why fear for his life? He had lived life to the maximum.
________
BMW Z4 HISTORY

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:33 AM   #36
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

It was time for the first patrol to move out. The fiery sun sank behind a low band of turbulent clouds. Handorth had assembled eight soldiers who would follow him out into the wilderness: they waited for one last soldier to join them. Handorth's patrol sat outside the cave, twirling their blades and preparing for the journey--their captain looked them over with a careful eye.

The redness of the sky deepened as the warriors prepared their supplies for the patrol-march. Three were mock-duelling in turns to keep up their mastery of the one-handed shortsword. Iron clanged on iron and beat on their shields as they fought each other back and forth across the paths. Handorth lifted his sword and joined them. He took the place of the third warrior and stepped into the battle.

Handorth threw out his shield-arm in a block which doubled as a powerful blow--his foe stepped back and tried to maneuver around him. Handorth lunged out with his sword and it made contact with his enemy's blade. He swung his shield again as he raised the sword and then slashed again. He fought in this way in close-quarters: alternating bashing with the shield and hacking with the sword. He soon had the other man half-running backwards to escape his onslaught. He stopped and turned to engage the other man, when he noticed something unusual.

Several Orcs had emerged from the cave. They were sickly-looking but furious with their curved blades and long-knives drawn.

"Orcs can't eat rotting bread and dirt you know!" said the leader. "We need flesh off the bone, and some squirming thing to pry it off of! You won't give it to us so we have to take it, you grimy mongrels!"

A second Orc stepped up and raised a wide crossbow. Handorth raised his shield and charged. He heard the arrow fly and saw it spear the man he had been fighting through the throat. He heard several Orkish war-cries as the angry ghouls screeched and howled and charged. Handorth felt a second arrow impact his shield, and the tip of the projectile punctured it and stabbed into his knuckle. As Handorth ran forward, he peered around his shield and located the Orc chieftain.

Handorth swung the shield back and launched it forward with all his strength. He heard and felt the satisfying crunch of cracking bone as he slammed the Orc's head with the corner of his diamond-shaped shield. The crossbow Orc stood just beyond. With two quick movements, Handorth slashed horizontally, spilling the fiend's innards onto the ground, and then back diagonally, removing his head and sending it spinning through the air. The rest of the men had made quick work of the remaining Orcs: they now lay like butchered meat on the earth.

Handorth ordered that the bodies be gathered and dropped at the cavern mouth--fresh meat for the Orcs.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-13-2003, 09:23 AM   #37
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bordarigorn woke and stepped out of bed. He looked in the mirror with renewed strength. They where going to get Anuion back. If only the good Helkahothion was here. He would be so usefull at a time like this. A great combatsman. Bordarigorn walked over to the living part of the room and looked in the mirror.

"Good day hansome. Those girls better watch out today." He said with a smile.

He got dressed and went over to the river. When he arrived Bordarigorn took of his clothes and took a great leap in the water. He was splashing arround when he heared a little cough behind him. He turned arround but quickly regained his manners.

"Lady Galadri?l. What a surprize. You don't mind me swimming here do you? What would it be that you need from me?"

Lady Galadri?l smiled. " I have come to tell you that the others are waiting for you in the hall. Maybe if you can find time in your busy sceduale, you could go out and find that messenger of yours. I suggest you do it with your clothes on."

Bordarigorn turned red. Here he was. Swimming bare naked in the property of the most beautifull lady he had ever seen. He grabbed his towel and quickly got out of the river. Lady Galadri?l was already gone. He quickly got into his clothes and went to the hall where the others where awaiting his arrivel. Maeralagos looked a little pale. Even for an Elf. Bordarigorn went to the middle of them and filled them in with how he got the information.

"Okay listen up and listen up good. I'm only going to say this once. We have serious work to do. When I followed Anuion to the cave, he was takin inside. I could not go there, for there where to many of the Easterlings and Orcs. I could caught a converstation tough. Two Easterlings where talking about an attack on Calas Galadhon. They said that the master was finaly going to take care of those elves. And that they would fight with honour. So I figured that whatever numbre was in that cave, it had to be big. They also said something about leaving some soldiers behind to guard the cave. So Anuion will not go with their army. I recon that they will leave enought to guard Anuion and remain a good sight on the area. So that will come down to a hundred. Are there any questions before we leave?"

Maeralagos stood up.

"There are just seven of us. How will we manage to do this?"

Bordarigorn smiled.

"Simple my friend. Sauron may have created a big army. But he has not chosen the best allies. Orcs and Easterlings hate eichother and will take every chanse to kill eichother too. I have managed to get my hands on an Orcish arrow. They have patrols every three hours. I will shoot one of the Easterlings with the arrow. The Easterlings will attack the Orcs. In the chaos that is created there, we will attack. They will never know what hit them. Anyone else?"

This time it was Durelin that stood up.

"I have one. Could we go now?"

"Yes you are right Durelin. We should go with speed. I was just taking care that everyone knew what he was up to. Now, is everybody still ready to go or do we need to find another companion?" Bordarigorn said with a smile towards Durelin.

He liked this elf. He was not so far away from Bordarigorn. It was easy to talk to him. Bordarigorn could not get completly clear with the others. But that would change. They are all good people.

Bordarigorn went to his room to get his supplies for the trip. He had ordered a lot of Lembas and they would be ariving in his room any second.
________
Suzuki sv650 history

Old 02-13-2003, 09:40 AM   #38
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

As they made the final preparations to leave and waited for a joiner or two, Handorth drew his sword again and made his way towards the cave. He marched inside and went straight for the prisoner. It was time that they had a little talk.

"Messenger, what is your name?" he demanded.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-13-2003, 09:51 AM   #39
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Now Anuion was sick and tired of these Orcs. He stood up, rising above the Easterling. He looked him straight in his face and said:

"Listen you, pet of Sauron. My name is of no importance and it is not within your rang to demand anything for me. I walked Arda even before your parents' parents where born so don't boss me arround, you two time ignorent twit!" Anuion was on a role and decided to go on a little more." I know things that your idiotic race will not find out in a 100 years and have seen more than your little mind can even think of. I have been taken here by your lord and that was not my plan. And now one of his pathetic servants demands to know my name? You insult me rat. Now just get your ugly face away from me before I land a fist in it understood.?"

Ha, tagging along with Bordarigorn has shurly extended my vocabulary.Anuion tought while seeing the face of the Easterling turning into something completly different.

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
Bmw M40

Old 02-13-2003, 10:02 AM   #40
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Handorth and his men closed in around their prisoner. They forced him backwards and bound his hands behind him around a large wooden pole. Handorth seized a dagger from the cavern floor and placed its tip at the neck of the Elf while the men held the messenger's legs. The Elf would not be hurt--not too much. But he would learn some respect, and some fear.

"What is your name, and what is your message?" Handorth repeated. "You can tell us what we want, or you can feel the edge of a knife and the pounding of our fists until death takes you, hopeless and miserable. The choice is that simple. It makes no difference to me. I hate your kind more than anything on this earth. I can design a torment for you that would rob you of sanity and all will-power. You would be nothing, as your kindred were once converted into tortured servants of evil, ages ago."
How did it come to this?