The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #1761
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Wow, just last night my uncle was insisting that there were no such things as maps in America (or GPS, or anything) and that everyone relied entirely on verbal directions.
I can't really read a map. *shifty eyes* That might further the stereotype.

Or, for TGEW: I can't even point to Germany on a map.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #1762
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Wow, just last night my uncle was insisting that there were no such things as maps in America (or GPS, or anything) and that everyone relied entirely on verbal directions.
Really? America praticly created the GPS! Well not really, they had help from China We have GPSs and maps.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #1763
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Ha ha! No, no, we have maps.

Though if he meant for local travel (within 50 miles) he might be right. I honestly can't recall the last time any of my friends or I used a map or GPS to go someplace around here. Even if it's a place some of us have never been, someone in the group has been there, and so they say- "Turn right when you see the Pizza Hut, then go to the second light and turn left, then the park is on your left." So yeah, verbal directions rule.

And actually those are the sort of directions I gave the Finns when they came to visit (no map links or anything, and I did not assume they were using a navigation system). So Mr. Uncle may also be right when it comes to meeting people somewhere. Basically the only time I or anyone I know uses maps is when one of us resolves to go somewhere unfamiliar and we aren't going there to meet anyone (because if we were meeting someone that person would have given us directions and we'd no longer have much of a use for a nav system or a map).
Old 07-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #1764
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post

Though if he meant for local travel (within 50 miles) he might be right. I honestly can't recall the last time any of my friends or I used a map or GPS to go someplace around here. Even if it's a place some of us have never been, someone in the group has been there, and so they say- "Turn right when you see the Pizza Hut, then go to the second light and turn left, then the park is on your left." So yeah, verbal directions rule.
We do. When we moved to Phoinex, like last month, we didn't know were anything was so we had to us it a lot.

Turn right, recalculating.
What? We didn't even get to the turn!

Try doing that everyday!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #1765
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
My family and friends are awful about doing this. "Okay, turn left at the tree." "You live in the middle of a forest." "It's a special tree." I swear I've had this conversation...and I was the person giving directions...
Old 07-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #1766
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Maps are extremely useful! So are road atlases, by the way. I recommend everybody get one. Then you'll be able to find Germany... if it's a road atlas to Europe, that is.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #1767
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My subconscious starts killing people again - I'm sorry!

So, we (Nogrod, Greenie, Agan and me) were on our way back to New York from the west and there was to be another 'downermoot in Rikae and Mac's house. They lived in New York City in a comfy red wooden house.

We were planning program for the evening when Boro got a brilliant idea: we should try playing fortune tellers to each other. He went upstairs to prepare everything, and Greenie and I followed him to help him with stuff. We had been there only for a few minutes when the curtains were suddenly drawn (the house had weird curtains that were outside the window). We opened the window to see what was happening. Fea had climbed the tree next to the window and had drawn the curtain to help us create a mystic atmosphere.

There was also a big swing attached to the tree branch. Fea went there and started playing with it. "Be careful," I said. "It's a long fall." For some reason, the fall from the tree branch or from Rikae&Mac's second storey windowsill was several hundred meters: you could see tiny houses and parks down there and also the river (which was called Anduin instead of Hudson River btw).

Fea just laughed at my warnings, and soon Agan, Encai, THE Ka, Princess Victoria of Sweden and the singer of one of my favourite bands (Jenny Wilhelms from Gjallarhorn in case somebody happens to know her) joined her in the tree and they all started doing dangerous tricks on the swing. Boro, Greenie and I watched them in horror and told them to come down but they were having a lot of fun so they were just ignoring us.

Then one of them got a brilliant idea: hey let's jump down to Anduin (which was quite narrow and very far down below them, I might add). "Idiots!" I cried. "Don't do that! That's [censored] dangerous - with the winds and all it's more probable you hit the houses or the streets!" But of course, they didn't heed my warnings but jumped, one by one. Boro and Greenie stood there, unable to move but staring at them falling in horror. "I can't watch," I said and turned away from the window.

We had to go to the streets and try to find out what had happened to them. We found Agan first, because she had landed quite close to the house and we had seen her fall and be caught by a parachutist in the air so that they had both landed with his parachute. She looked a bit dazed but she was fine. "What the [censored] you were thinking of?!" I asked. She grinned. "It was awesome." "Awesome? Do you understand some of you might be dead?" She raised her chin cockily and with a hint of a smile she said, carelessly: "I don't think they are."

Later we found out others had been as lucky as to survive the fall (Fea and THE Ka had managed to land in Anduin and the two random ladies had survived by some other means), but Encai was dead. A memorial park was established where she had fallen but I remember hoping it was done with honest grief and not maliciously in the style of the Darwin Awards.

I have a horrible subconscious, I know.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #1768
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:

Though if he meant for local travel (within 50 miles) he might be right.
Well, that is probably what he was basing it on, really, but he insisted you lot don't have maps at all.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #1769
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Later we found out others had been as lucky as to survive the fall (Fea and THE Ka had managed to land in Anduin and the two random ladies had survived by some other means), but Encai was dead. A memorial park was established where she had fallen but I remember hoping it was done with honest grief and not maliciously in the style of the Darwin Awards.

I have a horrible subconscious, I know.
What's the Downer body count at now, Lommy? I think your subconscious must have killed off a good quarter of the active members at one time or another.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #1770
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Or, for TGEW: I can't even point to Germany on a map.
Most Americans can't name more than 3 of our provinces or territories (and we have only 13). But most Canadians can name atleast 30 of the 52 states (or more...my sister can name them all, along with their capitals).
Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #1771
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Maps are extremely useful! So are road atlases, by the way. I recommend everybody get one. Then you'll be able to find Germany... if it's a road atlas to Europe, that is.
Germany? Pshaw - you don't need a map! Just head toward the outlet mall, and keep going until you cross Lake Ontario. Ya make a right and swim for about three months, then just keep walking until the air smells more like laundry soap than "special" herbs, and you're there! Can't miss it.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-26-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #1772
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

So I had an interesting dream last night.

Nog, Greenie, Lommy and I were in some sort of race together, where we had a clue to a destination where the next clue was, and so on. So we arrive at this destination which is a little greenhouse with these strange flowers and Greenie walks over to the flowers to try and find the clue. But she get's pricked by one of them! Nog then announces that he can tell by the smell of the flower that it's highly poisonous and she only has an hour to live! So we leave and rush over to this strange little miniature looking town, and go inside this pharmacy to try and get the antidote. The woman at the pharmacy than gives us this pink liquid and these little purple pills and tells us we have to use them to make the antidote ourself and that it's a long process. So Lommy says "but she only has an hour to live!" and that causes the woman to respond with "Well than I hope you have a lot of dwarves at home to help you make it".

And then we got ice cream. The end.

It was weird.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #1773
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So did you just leave Greenie to die whilst you went to eat ice cream?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #1774
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
*Sniff* Well, at least little Greenie knows now to watch out for greenhouses.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #1775
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Haha, yeah, well I guess it seemed pretty hopeless (since I clearly did not have the sufficient number of dwarves at home to help me make the antidote), so we figured we may as well let Greenie have ice cream one last time.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #1776
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Most Americans can't name more than 3 of our provinces or territories (and we have only 13). But most Canadians can name at least 30 of the 52 states (or more...my sister can name them all, along with their capitals).
I can, I can! I got seven (all provinces, not territories), and actually forgot some of the easy ones (British Columbia, anyone?). Most Americans, I suspect, can't actually do more than half (fewer?) of our state capitals. Though I'll confess to a couple things:

1) I'm a visual learner, so if I see something on a map, I remember it (versus if somebody tells me where something is, I won't; those at the Geneva Convention can testify that I'm useless with remembering what's said to me, but quite good at remembering what I've seen or done).

2) Contemporary art history was the most painfully boring class I ever had to take, and Nienna and I worked our way through many hours by listing states, capitals, countries, former countries, major bodies of water... We drew maps from memory (which was hilarious and a little traumatizing... where does Wyoming go again? And Estonia goes over there, right? Hold on, is that a country or a nickname? What are they calling the Congo these days?)

So we're a bit ahead of the curve, really, since we very intentionally learned geography just to pass the time.

Anyway, I've been meaning to post this:

The other night/morning I had a really elaborate dream about the Finns.

We were at The Airport (which seemed to be a conglomeration of several ideas of what an airport might be like, as opposed to being anything like a real one) and I really only knew it was an airport because there were a lot of awkwardly placed escalators and there were planes flying above us.

Near to a vendor of cheap touristy trinkets of dubious ethnic or regional interest was a table at which sat a woman in what looked like it might have been a sari, and a man with a vast beard.

Their job was to dye people's hair brilliant colors. Somehow they were affiliated with a carnival.

Greenie dyed her hair very bright blue. Aganzir's was many colors, and Lommy's hair was bright white. Nogrod looked on with amusement as Greenie convinced me that the special version of dye the couple at the table used would saturate just as vibrantly on my dark brown hair as it did on her bright blond tresses.

So I showered with a blue rinse to prepare my hair for the dyeing process, and when I came out of the airport shower (which was very dark and kind of sketchy), I put on a dress much like that of the lady at the table. Greenie pointed that my natural gold highlights were already looking very blue, and they hadn't even dyed my hair yet with the powder!

At this point I seem to remember seeing red powder (the dye) on Nog's hair, and wondering if it was going to stain his scalp.

Then we played on escalators (really long ones) and then I woke up.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #1777
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Finn Dream II: The Sequel

I was delighted to realize, in dream, that the reason I was sitting in the window seat of a large airplane was because I was on my way to Finland.

Kath was seated next to me, since we were on the leg of the journey that would take us from England to Norway.

Now, it apparently is true that airplanes work a bit like rollercoasters, in that they get their momentum by going really fast up and down rickety tracks before taking off.

As it would turn out, we didn't get up to speed properly prior to the part where the tracks end and the plane is supposed to shoot upward toward the sky.

We ended up afloat in the Atlantic, which I sort of thought was the Hudson River at the time.

Wondering if I should take action and save the good people of the sinking plane, I started fumbling with the oxygen masks that were taped to the windows, wondering how to turn the seats into flotation devices. I was worried about my camera, since water was fast filling the plane and we were all still strapped down with our seatbelts, and I was pretty sure Kath's camera was already waterlogged since she'd stowed her carry-on under the seat.

Finally a flight attendant came onto the plane from a side door and told us that we weren't going to sink any more, but to please put on the masks and it would all be fine.

While the airline folk worked on getting the water off the plane, my college painting professor ordered a guy that graduated from college the year I started to go on a mission to find food. I asked if I could go with him, and was told no.

I discovered that my professor had a studio in Norway where he'd been dabbling in ceramics.

On the plane again, I tried to send out a mass text message saying, "I'm in Norway!" but my phone wouldn't work on that side of the ocean.

Kath's wouldn't either. I dozed off then, because it seemed there wasn't much else to do.

When I woke up, we were speeding through the Norwegian landscape, which looked shockingly similar to upstate NY but which was only about 65 degrees, which I found very pleasant, since I like cooler weather. I was a bit surprised to see that most of the signs on shops were written in English. This seemed a bit... odd.

Before I knew it, we were at Nogrod's apartment, which was a fascinating second story place with cool architecture. One of the floors was sunken, and the chairs were made to accommodate the slanting. Agan, Lommy, and Greenie were all there, of course, as were Mira, Nienna, and Lari. And Kath, clearly, who I'd arrived with. Also joining us was a girl that Ni and I lived with as sophomores in college; since that rooming relationship had gone sour and we hadn't talked to her since, it was downright awkward for the girl to be there demanding our attention when we wanted to devote it all to our wonderful Finns!

For a while we were outside frolicking on a hillside and we were all showing off our shapeshifter abilities. Lommy turns into a penguin. I turned into a German Shepherd, but that was only because I liked the shape; I could have turned into other things.

When Nog arrived (he'd run to the store), I nuzzled him in dog form, attempting to ask him what animal he was capable of turning into. I thought possibly a grizzly bear, but he's too nice!

We all transformed back into our human selves, and I took an unintentional nap on the hill side, waking up to find that everyone had gone inside to find food. When I got inside, I found a note saying they'd gone to the masquerade at the thrift store, and that I should meet them there.

I tried to find the ingredients to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but there were only pieces of eerily flattened bread, and mint jelly, and the peanut butter container had bars of chocolate in it instead of peanut butter.

Finally I found a very small container labeled, "Kath's pound of peanut butter" which struck me as very odd, since she's allergic. Nevertheless, I decided that since she was allergic, she wouldn't miss it, and I made myself a sandwich and then found Nog!

He'd come home to find me, and, excitedly, I asked him, "If we could all turn into animals at will, what do you think we would turn into?"

I wish I could remember the rest of that conversation.

Eventually we managed to all meet back up, and everything was quite lovely.

The end.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #1778
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
When Nog arrived (he'd run to the store), I nuzzled him in dog form, attempting to ask him what animal he was capable of turning into. I thought possibly a grizzly bear, but he's too nice!
*points to the post she made when she started this thread*

Haha. Fantastic dream.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #1779
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Encai was dead. A memorial park was established where she had fallen but I remember hoping it was done with honest grief and not maliciously in the style of the Darwin Awards.
I'm... not sure how to react to this. Thanks for making me a memorial park, I guess. XD
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #1780
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I had a dream Lommy, Encai, I and some other Downer girls decided to sleep in a tree. In the middle of the night Rune stalked there in a black cloak and tried to stab us, just to prove it was possible to do it without us noticing it early enough to flee. Turned out it wasn't.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #1781
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
What's the Downer body count at now, Lommy? I think your subconscious must have killed off a good quarter of the active members at one time or another.
Not sure. I think I have killed at least Legate, Rune, Brinn, Mith, Encai and Nilp, but probably more. Someday when I'm bored I'll count.

Somehow I thought this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I can, I can! I got seven (all provinces, not territories), and actually forgot some of the easy ones
was a reply to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
that causes the woman to respond with "Well than I hope you have a lot of dwarves at home to help you make it".

...?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #1782
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

In a somewhat unoriginal move, I had a dream about Lommie and an army of penguins. Linux penguins, actually. She waged war on that guy from the Mac commercials, and, of course, won.

Also, Wilwa was a giant angry talking muffin taking over New York. o_O
Old 08-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #1783
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, Lommie, please never dream about me. Ever.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #1784
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ah, come on - being killed by Lommy's subconscious is a rite of passage all of us must undergo sooner or later (much like being mentioned in the Downer for the first time). Besides, we're all dead to begin with, so it doesn't hurt.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #1785
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Ah, come on - being killed by Lommy's subconscious is a rite of passage all of us must undergo sooner or later
But my subconscious has killed her! I once had a dream she had a cancer and when she was hospitalised, she decided to end her suffering for good and killed herself the Denethor way in the hospital bed.
(In the dream, I didn't find this so funny - especially as she didn't wait for me to get there to say her goodbye.)
Old 08-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #1786
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

Somehow I thought this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I can, I can! I got seven (all provinces, not territories), and actually forgot some of the easy ones
was a reply to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
that causes the woman to respond with "Well than I hope you have a lot of dwarves at home to help you make it".

...?
Ahaha, oh my gosh. That is really funny! I wonder what the difference is between a Province-Dwarf and a Territory-Dwarf. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Ah, come on - being killed by Lommy's subconscious is a rite of passage all of us must undergo sooner or later (much like being mentioned in the Downer for the first time). Besides, we're all dead to begin with, so it doesn't hurt.
Neither of which has happened to me, as far as I've noticed. Not that I want to be mind killed by Lommy, haha.

Quote:
In a somewhat unoriginal move, I had a dream about Lommie and an army of penguins. Linux penguins, actually. She waged war on that guy from the Mac commercials, and, of course, won.

Also, Wilwa was a giant angry talking muffin taking over New York. o_O
I can't stand the guy from the Mac commercials. And I'm hoping I was taking over the entire state of New York, and not merely just the city.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #1787
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

So I had another dream. And I can't remember all of it, so it makes like no sense.

I remember being in the middle of the woods, and Shasta and Nerwen were there. We were playing a game of Werewolf I think with a bunch of other random people. Then we were on this strange bus, I guess headed home, and the bus driver was this really strange lady who was a terrible driver.

So we're driving along, going over a ton of bridges really really fast, when she suddenly veers off a bridge and we're on this big outdoor football field. There's a building beside it so we stop there and she's all excited about taking a nice break and everyone else gets off the bus except me, Nerwen and Shasta. The three of us are trying to get some sleep in the small bed at the back of the bus (so strange), cause we're really tired. All the other passengers are throwing a large beach ball around the field, while the crazy driver makes pasta.

The rest is really blurry, but at some point Phantom showed up and was trying to entertain me by reading me this book (which I think had moving pictures), and he was laughing really hard but I didn't think it was at all funny.

The end.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #1788
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

We were on a train.

We were all quite excited because the train pulling into the depot was really high-tech looking, and then it kept going without stopping, and it turned out our train was a sketchball looking little trolley that was squeaking on the rails, covered in rust.

So we piled in, and the seating was limited. Nienna and Formy were nauseatingly romantic, over in their own corner. Mira and Lari were along one wall. The phantom found a seat in the middle of everyone and everything, and I snagged the seat next to him, refusing to stand.

Wilwa was nearby, and I thought about offering my seat to her, but can't remember why I didn't. Nogrod was across the aisle, wearing pajama pants and trying to argue with us about whether or not he was intoxicated. I pointed out that he was wearing pajamas, and he stopped arguing.

At first we couldn't find Lommy, but it turned out she'd settled in the next compartment behind some very large people who obscured our view of her. She popped her head out and waved.

And then Greenie came. She'd boarded last, and again, I considered offering up my seat. But then I had a better idea.

Just as the phantom offered to let her sit on his lap for the duration of the ride, I patted my own lap and she settled in to snuggle with me instead of him.

I was really quite pleased about this.

Later, we were all playing paper telephone, but I was very confused as to how to play it. I was trying to write funny sentences that took up the whole page, but I only got about as far as thinking, "I should write something about Lommy and penguins" before I glanced over and saw that the phantom was very neatly writing his sentence inside of a grid.

Everyone else seemed to be gridding their letters too, because apparently the point of the game was to disguise your writing so nobody could guess who wrote the sentence.

I tried to start over, tooling my sentence into a pair of Italian leather men's shoes, but then Nog was insisting that we finish, and I realized that I'd misspelled something anyway, and my hand drawn grids were completely uneven.

Aganzir told me it would be fine, but I really didn't want to play any more.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #1789
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
After having a conversation with Fea last night about how I never remember dreams well enough to be able to post, I have a dream that I remember well enough to post. Go figure.

It started out as a cohort from school and myself running a Pride meeting (as we are wont to do), in which Shasta and Boromir88 were present. We were going around the circle saying something interesting about ourselves, and my fabulous fact involved pointing at the two of them and exclaiming "I met the two of them online!" in a total 'Ima two year old' happy voice.

This somehow managed to morph into the same group of people (minus Shasta and Boro, unfortunately) being roped into playing a Werewolf game modded by Keeper of Dol Guldur (the actual owner of the account, not me highjacking it ) who got a hair cut and came up with some concept for the game involving black sludge of some kind and myself. Of course we completely fail at getting our shenanigans together and the game never actually got played, but the concept was there.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #1790
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
After having a conversation with Fea last night about how I never remember dreams well enough to be able to post, I have a dream that I remember well enough to post. Go figure.
I'm the same way, I rarely remember having dreams (even though apparently we always have them) and the ones I do remember, I can't remember much other than just one or two people in it.

And I remember telling Fea I'm very jealous of her twisty, Homeric epic dreams. Then a few days later I end up with a Fea-like dream and was disturbed that my sub-conscious was jealous.

Anyway, I did have a 'Downer related dream last night, but let me preface it by saying I completely blame Form for this one. He will know why. Also, perhaps important is yesterday I drove past my high school's old building, which is getting demolished and is probably the inspiration for the setting of this dream...

I'm on this wooden bench, in the middle of my old high school's parking lot, grading papers. There is this cat on the table, who's taking all those lame stickers like "An A effort" and "Excellent work!" and somehow it has the ability to stick them all over me.

I see this person walking towards me who looks exactly like Lari. I'm convinced it's her. I immediately stop grading, jump up and start shouting LARI! But Lari looks really disturbed and scared and runs away. I , why doesn't Lari want to talk to me! Why is she running away.

Behind me, I hear "That wasn't Lari." Lo and behold it is Alona. I'm fairly sure the cat morphed into Alona since she was by the table where the cat sticking stickers on me previously was, and this is how Form will get the complete blame for this dream. Back to dream, Alona's on the phone. I do asking how she knew that wasn't Lari, because it definitely was, and she said "Umm...because I'm talking to Lari now."

The end.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-20-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:54 AM   #1791
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
This somehow managed to morph into the same group of people (minus Shasta and Boro, unfortunately) being roped into playing a Werewolf game modded by Keeper of Dol Guldur (the actual owner of the account, not me highjacking it )
Mira! You're back!

But I thought Keeper of Dol Guldur was just a secondary account of yours.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #1792
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
I thought Keeper of Dol Guldur was just a secondary account of yours.
No... My ginger brother noticed she had 666 posts and insisted she post from his old account to maintain that number.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #1793
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
No... My ginger brother noticed she had 666 posts and insisted she post from his old account to maintain that number.
My favorite part about this is that you referred to him as your "ginger brother." As opposed to the non ginger brother.

But yes, I'm baaaaaaack!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #1794
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The other night I dreamed Nerwen was a taxi driver and I was the passenger in the rear seat. We were driving, and approached a long wooden bridge, very narrow, with no rails at all, that spanned a wide river or possibly a lake. The really odd thing about the bridge was that it was very twisty, with some hairpin turns! We started across the bridge, with me feeling extremely nervous. We were doing all right, then Nerwen turned around to say something to me. I saw one of the sharp turns was coming up and shouted "Watch out!", but it was too late. We plunged into the cold water. As I struggled to get my seat belt off, I woke up.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 AM   #1795
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
My favorite part about this is that you referred to him as your "ginger brother." As opposed to the non ginger brother.

But yes, I'm baaaaaaack!
*freaking TACKLES*
Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #1796
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I had a dream last night that Glirdan was modding another game. I remember thinking it was strange, since he'd just modded, but I of course signed up *snuggles her Glirdypie* and eagerly awaited my role.

Then I got my PM. And my head went asplode.

I in fact got two PMs. One detailed some game facts, which I can't remember, and the other contained my actual role. For some reason Glirdan had decided to send the Game Facts PM to multiple people at a time (which makes sense, really), but he had mixed up the actual contents of the PMs, meaning that like five people knew my role (and vice versa, since it was a standard PM that somehow included ALL of our roles). Obviously, I was a bit confused, and very cross.

So I called Glirdan to tell him that he'd either have to re-assign roles or I would drop out of the game. When he answered he was very rude and cranky and just started cursing at me for no reason. He told me it was a bad time to call him and then he hung up, mumbling all sorts of horrible things.

Weird thing is, I don't remember pullling out of the game.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #1797
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
.............I don't even know how to properly respond to that other then with a good hearty chuckle!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #1798
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Wow, so it's been awhile since anybody's had a dream isn't it?? Well do I have doozy for you guys.

Vanilwamuffin and I had saved up all our money to go to Finland for the Finns moot next summer and it was a grand week or so that we were there. Obviously all the Finns were there along with Kath and Rune when we had arrived, and arriving with us, I believe were Fea, Boro, Sallycakes, Nienna, Formy and Stick. I also believe Rikae, Mac, our dear wereduckling and phantom were there at some point as well.

Anyways, a week of frivolity and fun turned into an absolute nightmare. It was time for us to leave, but Wilwa had decided to go for a walk through the countryside by herself, and we were supposed to leave in like five minutes to catch our flight home (yes, I freaked out as bad as I did when I thought you had all lost her in Boston ). For some reason, [b]Lommy had a motorcycle parked out back in the shed. So I asked her to use it to find her, having never had motorcycling lessons ever.

Well, I went out and couldn't find her and this is where things got really weird. My point of view switched to that of Rune riding a motorcycle elsewhere with Kath on cycle next to him and hers stalled and there were tornado's touching down all around them and he zoomed up a hill and next thing I know, he's waking up in the hospital.

When they got out and got back to the Finns, there were Wilwa and I sitting there, having a grand ol' time and Rune just cursed us and starting drinking.

That's the gist of it anyways...I'm pretty sure there are some details that I don't quite remember.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #1799
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a rather weird dream a while ago. It involved Lhuna and Nilp being exchange students in Finland and a company which kidnapped and abused kids and sold them to Canada. The phantom had a company which had goods to be transported over the Atlantic and I told him not to use Eckerö Line ships (Eckerö Line is a ship company that operates on the Baltic and in the dream they were part of this kidnapping business) because they are unethical. TP just looked at me with this kind of pitying expression and said: "Frankly, I don't care. Their shipping is cheap and reliable. It's their problem if they have some shady business." Annoyed but not discouraged, I went to Lhuna and Nilp and they agreead to come with me to spy on the criminal who was running the whole business. We were hiding in a bed and I had to call Lhuna and Nilp's mum to tell her her kids were alright.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #1800
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I dreamt I got a rep-point from Formendacil on Crazy Captions, but instead of the normal notification in "User CP" I got a handwritten letter. (It sort of flew out through the screen)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote