The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #1641
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
That seems like pretty typical Fea dream. I like the part where Stick and I are smart enough not to go hiking in the woods.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #1642
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Last night I had a rather obscure BD-Dream which I am already having trouble remembering, so I trust you will forgive me if it becomes slightly confusing at times.

I was hosting a BD-Gathering and I had borrowed my mother's house, which for the occasion had changed appearance and location. It was still a red bungalow, but it had grown larger and was now located close to the airport( normally it is in the western suburbia). First Squatter arrived, I was too busy to keep him company so I went to school, when I returned Fea, Lush, Nogrod and Valier was there, this was quite a surprise as I did not remember ever giving them the address. When I came home from work the following day it had happened again, this time Bethberry, Mith, Brinn and Lhuna had arrived.

One night Boromir and some other downers where due to arrive, while waiting for them we sat around the table playing cards and talking. Then I received a phone call from Boromir telling me that he had been shot and had been taken to hospital, this resulted in me freaking out and I tried to tell the others the terrible news by screaming it at them. I failed, because Lush and Valier refuse to shut up, they kept talking very loudly so that I could not give people the news. All of the sudden Boromir stood in the living room grinning at me. . . I thought it was a very poor joke and asked him to leave the house and not return. He decided to ignore that request

The next day we were supposed to have a party, unfortunately this collided with a disco opening in the cellar. . . Which meant that when I opened the door to let some of my Irish friends in, they were followed by at least a dozen strangers. At first I thought it was my friends, friends and therefore did nothing about it, but when I realized the mistake I showed them the door and then the direction of the cellar. I then realized that it had made some of the downers uncomfortable to have non-downers around. Fea got so depressed by it that she went to a small room in the other end of the house, I went after her and asked her what was wrong, but just as I sat down next to her the room transformed into a lift. Instead of a bungalow the house had transformed into an extreme high-rise building and we were at the 50th floor, the lift started to decent with an unbelievable speed and when we reached the ground masked men entered the lift and abducted Fea.
Then a quest to rescue Fea started, I sailed down a river in a canoe, not knowing what to do. . .until I met Henry Ian Cusick, who in this dream portrayed Fea's father. Together we hunted down the evildoers in his speedboat and we almost caught them, but a battalion of storm troopers started firing at us and we had to defeat them before we could continue the chase. In the end we recued Fea and got her into the lift together with Danny Devito who was to be her bodyguard. When I finally made it back to the house everybody except the downers where gone, apparently they had spend the time playing my munchkin board game.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #1643
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Very amusing dream, Rune...sounds like something I would actually do, but you best not give me an ideas to try in Boston.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #1644
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't know if this counts but I had a weird dream last night or rather early this morning. In my dream I was woken by animals scurrying around the room which I thought were mice. I started screaming (fortunately only in my dream) and the creatures turned into ridiculously cute Disney style creatures who begged me to let them stay.

They may have started doing housework a la snow white. I was a bit reluctant since there were a couple of penguins and I happened to know that baby penguins are hard to raise (one got nicked from a local zoo a while back). But the other animals assured me it would be fine and I decided that it it had managed to survive so far under my kitchen cupboards it would probably be ok. Then all I thought was...Lommie is going to be so jealous that I have cute pet penguins...(talking animals seemed completely unremarkable). Then I woke up to find I was clutching my alarm clock which should have gone off about an hour earlier and which I must have switched off in my sleep and had ten minutes before I should leave for work...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 10-12-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #1645
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
That's cute, Mith.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #1646
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I dreamt of a BD meeting in Helsinki. There were lots of non-'downers present (like some people from my Uni and Legate's RL friends), but also a healthy 'downer representation: Nogrod, Greenie, Legate, Aganzir and me hosting, and at least Rikae, Mac, Fea, Nienna, Lari, Brinn, Mith, Esty and Boro visiting. The first thing we did was to go to see some church.

We took a bus, and in the bus Rikae was talking a lot and giggling in a very loud and fake manner all the time. When we got off the bus, Greenie confided in me in a very disappointed voice: "I don't like her. I think she's annoying." I happpened to agree, but decided to wait until making judgements. So I said: "Let's give her some time, she's just shy so she can't be herself in such a crowd. Mac is shy too, you know."

When we had seen the church (which looked suspiciously Italian, not Finnish), we decided to make our way back, but before we could arrange anything, Fea said "see you at Nogrod's place!" and disappeared with Lari and someone else, possibly Boro. We others started making our way to Nog's place. At some point, Nogrod noticed Nienna was missing. "Where is she?" he asked. "I think she booked a room in a hostel, so she has gone there," I replied. Nogrod frowned. "She should have known she could've stayed the evening with us anyway, it's not even 8pm yet."

Soon we arrived to the yard of the block of flats where Nog lives. Suddenly Rikae spurted away from everyone else and to the road. She got almost driven over by several cars. She was standing on the pavement on the other side and shouting something. Mac followed her and tried to cool her down, but she was running to the road again. We all watched the scene in utter confusion. "She has one of her fits," Brinn whispered to me and I was led to realise that Rikae suffers from some strange mental illness.

While Rikae was having her fit and Mac was trying to restrain her from getting driven over by the cars, a police car appeared. A policeman (who looked exactly like the cop in Edward Scissorhands) came out holding a little girl on his arms. We immediately recognised her as one of Rikae's daughters. "She was in an accident. Her leg and arm are broken, but she's ok," the policeman explained and left us with the girl. Someone had to take care of the girl and her family was busy elsewhere, so we (everybody present, but especially Nog, Brinn and me) took her to Nog's flat. Nogrod, who was actually a doctor, put her leg and arm in splints and Brinn and I made her some hot chocolate while we waited for Rikae and Mac to come to her.

Then, either the same or the following night, we all went to a bar. We met Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan there, and together we raised a glass for Gondor.

Interesting, eh? My apologies to Rikae, my subconscious did mishandle her quite badly!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #1647
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
An Evil Dream

I dreamt that Squatter invited me to stay at his palace, here we spend alot of time walking arround a pool. At one point Squatter bought two scratchers and we one £ 8.000.000 on them, but for some reason I only recived DKK 80.000 on my bank account. . . anyways I was happy because I could pay off my debt and go to Boston.

The scene changes, I am in some random flat. Here I am told that it was all just a dream and that I did not win any money, but Cosmo Cramer shows up and tells me not to worry, he will get me some scratchers and it is a sure thing that I will win. It turns out he just bought some magazines and wrote some numbers on them.

All of the sudden I am back in my own room, here squatter is sitting on my sofa with a big grin on his face, he looks at me and says "we won". Proudly he shows me the scratcher he had previously hidden behind his back. . . I get all exited, that is until I get a look at our winnings, they are at a total of DKK 10

Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #1648
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Last night I dreamed that everyone was playing WW, and we couldn't manage to kill a wolf! Which is admittedly not that strange in itself, but the wolves never managed to send in their vote on time, and there was never a nightly killing. Finally, the mod (I don't remember who it was) realized the problem - he'd forgotten to make any of us wolves.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #1649
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
While I can't remember most of the details, I know I dreamed the other night that a Barrowdowner who worked in a local department store gave me $263 dollars for accurately guessing who the wolves were in the Werewolf game that was going on (which I wasn't actually playing in).

Apparently the players had a pool going to see if I would - without knowing there was money bet on it - figure out who the bad guys were.

When the BDer gave me the money, I was greatly surprised, but neatly tucked the bills into my Spiderman wallet (yes, I carry a Spiderman wallet). I chose not to inform everyone that the reason I knew the wolves' identity was because one of them was complaining about the game to me.

Yes, I have dreams, apparently, about WW games I'm not even playing in. Dreams in which I'm still not playing.

But dreams in which people give me money for winning bets I didn't know about.

That would be a neat world...
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #1650
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This one's a little foggy and I must make sure I temper it down, but it was pretty strange considering relatively recent RL conversations.

My roommate was jealous when I got a letter, from the UK, in the mail one day and was depressed that he didn't know anyone in another country he could write to.

So, in the dream there is this large envolope from Britain and I don't check who it is addressed to, because I figured it was for me. I open it, and it is a 'Downer book, written and illustrated by Sauce. There was a penguin named Lommy, a dwarf named Kuru, a baby phantom, a Princess Fiona looking character named Esty, and another character named KATHrynn (written and bolded exactly like that), but I don't remember a picture/character for Kath. I also don't know what the cartoon was about, or what Sauce had written, just the various 'Downers as characters in his book.

Then my roommate came home, and I was excited to show him what I got in the mail. He was jealous and sad again, but looked at the envelope and got real angry. It was addressed to him! Which then provoked much yelling and arguing about opening other people's mail, and the last thing I remembered is he threatened to sue me for opening his mail, since it was a federal offense.

The end.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #1651
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Another exceedingly strange dream previous night.

I do not know where we were, but it was a giant gathering, and many different groups of people were there.

I was with the group all made up of Barrow-downers. Rune was there, as well as Mith, sally, Nienna, Lari, Form and many many more, whose faces escape me.

Anyway, so there are also several other groups and apparently I said something that offended one of the other groups. Esty, who was the appointed leader of our BD group informed everyone that I had to leave the premises imediately, because I said something very offensive (so offensive I guess she did not want to repeat it ) and the group I offended wanted me booted.

Rune was livid, because I was his roommate and he was worrying about rooming by himself when everyone else wouldn't have to. Plus heavily laying into me on how I could say such despicable things to get me thrown out of this social gathering. I went back into this great hall, where everyone was together eating, to say my goodbyes. It looked like one of those Hogwatz feasts...just spectacularly delicious looking food. Rune had a plate full of carrots, vegetables, and greens, and Form was quite vocally telling him to start pelting me with food, because I deserved it. Nienna was calmly saying that he shouldn't, because my punishment was severe enough, and she didn't even think what I said was all that bad (thanks! ).

Rune, I guess compromised and just threw some carrots at me...and the dream ends with Form egging Rune to chuck the entire bowl of mashed potatoes (and gravy) at me, he knew that he wanted to.

I wish I knew what I said now.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #1652
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

The carrots I might be willing to part with, but mashed potatoes and gravy? Never!

Old 10-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #1653
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So I had a dream last night that I got on facebook to check the thread for the Epic Party of Epic. Form was on there chatting to someone about something completely random (and I'm pretty sure Nienna shouted 'cookies!' for whatever reason) but then it just got weird. Phantom joined the group and joined in the conversation. His name? It was listed as Ruth Wilson. Bwah?!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #1654
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So I had a dream last night that I got on facebook to check the thread for the Epic Party of Epic. Form was on there chatting to someone about something completely random (and I'm pretty sure Nienna shouted 'cookies!' for whatever reason) but then it just got weird. Phantom joined the group and joined in the conversation. His name? It was listed as Ruth Wilson. Bwah?!
Maybe because you owe me cookies??!?!

And I'm pretty sure we should all start calling Phantom Ruth Wilson.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:40 AM   #1655
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
So, in the dream there is this large envolope from Britain and I don't check who it is addressed to, because I figured it was for me. I open it, and it is a 'Downer book, written and illustrated by Sauce. There was a penguin named Lommy, a dwarf named Kuru, a baby phantom, a Princess Fiona looking character named Esty, and another character named KATHrynn (written and bolded exactly like that), but I don't remember a picture/character for Kath. I also don't know what the cartoon was about, or what Sauce had written, just the various 'Downers as characters in his book.
Oh! To get post like that!

Anyway, a few nights ago I had a dream that TheGreatElvenWarrior, Boromir88, Aganzir, Rune, Hookbill the Goomba, and I were all sitting in a lofty flet amongst leafless Mallorn trees in Lothlorien. I'm not sure what we were discussing, but we were enormously excited and plotting something. At any rate we soon rushed off to take a train to Mirkwood and work our mischief there. I don't explicitly remember it as being Mirkwood but it certainly looked like it with huge trees and shadows of deepest purple. Even so it seemed bright because apparently we had night vision. Odd. But the was one extra tall tree that glowed with a golden light that we were trying to get to but unfortunately the train wouldn't stop and we had to keep going.

I don't remember anything after that other than a vague recollection of muffins but hey, Barrow-Downers and Middle Earth both in one night! Can't get much better than that.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #1656
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And especially if it had something to do with muffins too...mmm...Blueberry or choco-chocolate chip.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #1657
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My subconscious objects to not going to the Epic Party

Ooh Lauri that sounds lovely! Even though I'm a great fan of weird dreams with lots of action, my favourites are still probably those that are the most beautiful visually. Especially if they have to do with climbing trees.

Boro, when it comes to muffins, you're reading my thoughts.

Anyway the other night I had a dream I was in the States with Lommy and our friend Annina. I left our hostel in search of a teashop, and on my way there I saw Kath (who, in the dream, was in the US in student exchange) having a chat with Fea, Nienna, Mira and Lari on the street. I passed them by and said hi, but they didn't see me.
When I had got my tea and came back, only Kath and Mira (who was wearing a light blue satin dress) were left. This time I stopped to talk to them, and soon Fea (who was remarkably tall) and Nienna returned (and I noticed Sleepy Ranger was there as well). They all were very surprised to see me - apparently we had told no one about our trip.
Then there comes a tall man with a short beard, and I recognise him as Form. The true gentleman that he is, he greets me by kissing my hand. And suddenly also Boro is there and starts telling a story about two kids in his school getting mixed up with each other (apparently it was something very serious). But in the midst of his story we had to move on since a bum came to relieve himself against the wall we were standing next to.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #1658
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Ooh Lauri that sounds lovely! Even though I'm a great fan of weird dreams with lots of action, my favourites are still probably those that are the most beautiful visually. Especially if they have to do with climbing trees.
Usually my dreams are much more madcap (see my earlier BD related one) but I still prefer saner BD-related ones to more surreal dreams of disappearing custard staircases without any Barrow-Downers. BD dreams make me feel like I've actually had a chance to meet all you wonderful people!

Oh and by the way Aganzir, have you ever had the opportunity to come to the States whilst awake? I'm afraid teashops are rather few and far between here. We only have one teahouse in the entire state and it's a rather shabby affair. But with the highest number of coffee stands per capita (in the US), coffee can be found on nearly EVERY street corner in Anchorage.

Last edited by Laurinquë; 11-09-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: ungoliant on bench
Old 11-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #1659
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
And suddenly also Boro is there and starts telling a story about two kids in his school getting mixed up with each other (apparently it was something very serious).
Fortunately besides the incident I really did describe to you, nothing that serious has happened to me yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
Oh and by the way Aganzir, have you ever had the opportunity to come to the States whilst awake? I'm afraid teashops are rather few and far between here. We only have one teahouse in the entire state and it's a rather shabby affair. But with the highest number of coffee stands per capita (in the US), coffee can be found on nearly EVERY street corner in Anchorage.
But you can still get tea from most coffee places...erm well the coffee places I am most familiar with I should say, Starbucks and Jazzmenn's.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #1660
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
But do they serve it with ice cubes? I do try not to be a stereotypical Brit abroad but it never occured to me that I would have to specify I wanted the stuff hot...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 11-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #1661
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
But do they serve it with ice cubes? I do try not to be a stereotypical Brit abroad but it never occured to me that I would have to specify I wanted the stuff hot...
Yes, almost any drink now you can get either hot or cold. I would think in the middle of a blizzard, and 20 F degrees outside you would not have to specify that you want it hot. However, they still ask "hot" or "iced", they must be required.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #1662
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've had two Barrow-Downs dreams, not very recent ones, but what I could remember of them when they came I can remember still.

In the first the Downer, for there was only one in the dream, had a fairly secondary role. See, me and a (non-downer) friend was climbing a mountain. I'm sure it was a mountain although it didn't look like one at all - in fact, I'm quite certain we never even went outside. No, this climb was more like a mix between an Umberto Eco novel and a computer game. In order to get higher, to reach the next level, me and my mate had to complete cryptic and mysterious tasks in what looked like a huge gothic library, with loads of dusty old books and wide stairways covered by red carpets. But it was a mountain and we were climbing it.

Each time we completed a subsection of the quest, Lommy and her friend Annina came to visit us. Can't remember what we were talking about, but it was always a very nice reward to see the girls after reaching a higher level. It never occurred to us that is was strange that they, unlike us, apparently did not need to do any difficult stuff in order to get higher.

The other BD dream took place in a crowded bus. All the seats were taken and I was standing next to the enclosed box where the driver sits. In the front-most seat, the one almost up beside the driver and the only one in in the bus that doesn't come in pairs, Lalwende was seated. When we recognised each other both were shaken, because apparently we had some kind of romantic history together, something that had ended. For a moment it looked like Lal was beginning to cry, but then she pulled herself together and started dancing, first sort of stripper-like holding a pole (those that can be found on buses), then very close to me. I can't remember any music though. I've only a faint idea how Lal actually looks like irl, but in my dream she was very attractive, and wore black pumps and a short skirt. I knew she was just playing some kind of trick on me though, and although the dancing was alluring, I could not by any means give in to the temptation, and just stood there dumbstruck.

Last edited by skip spence; 11-10-2009 at 12:16 PM.
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #1663
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
BD dreams make me feel like I've actually had a chance to meet all you wonderful people!
Yeah, that's true. It's silly but people visiting my dreams makes me feel as if I know them better afterwards. Or rather, dreams can have a heavy effect on how I view people. An example, which is not really the best possible one but which it amuses me to post: the other night I had a dream I was talking about sex with Legate (I'll spare you the details, but suffice to say he talked some... quite unexpected stuff ). When I woke up, I didn't remember my dream but had a feeling I had had a personal chat with him which had helped me to know him better. It was pretty funny when I suddenly realised where that feeling had come from.

Nope, I've never been to the States yet, but I'm bound to end up there sooner or later, what with my love for travelling combined to all you awesome people I know.

Skippy those are quite funny, especially the last one. The first one is more like cuute.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #1664
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I recently had a dream where I popped to Sally and Folwren and a gang of their friends. They were sitting on the stairs of a white wooden church and singing religious songs and watching the sun set. I joined them and they tried to make me sing with them but I didn't know the songs.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #1665
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë
Lol, sounds like Seattle. Though, Starbucks and Tully are fighting for the city, but there are a large number of tea shops in the northern neighbourhoods.

I had a short dream monday night that I was in the architecture building working on a drafting project and Form popped up to beat me over the head with my t-square.
I needed it, but he said I could have it back after I drew something for paper telephone. Then one of my instructors came in and pointed at a sign saying, "If you're going to beat the students, use the appropriate rulers, please.".

Guess I was feeling guilty?

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 AM   #1666
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I haven't had a proper BD-dream for a while, but tonight I had one where I was living in a small cottage at US-Canadian border, and I have invited several 'Downers to come to my place. Apart from Lommy, Nogrod and co. who for some reason managed to live in the same town (or what it was) too, I have invited three other 'Downers. One of them was possibly Fea, who actually, thinking of it, was more like Rikae, and she was the first one to arrive, but then she disappeared again and we had to wait for her. As meanwhile, Form arrived, but I didn't think there was much to do, as we were not all there yet, so I just put him into the kitchen, he was sitting at the table and waiting and doing nothing. Then somebody arrived who was Squatter/Morsul/Pitchwife, but actually turned out to be a somewhat annoying person, a loud fellow who made mess wherever he came. He said he was going to wait in the kitchen for the third person to arrive (resp. come back), and meanwhile I went upstairs to my room to play some computer games. Then I sort of thought that my guests may be bored, so I went downstairs, only to find out - and this is the part of the dream I remember the most clearly - that Form ate some food from my fridge (which I permitted him to), but he ate what seemed like ridiculous amounts of it. The most shocking was the fact that he ate about three quarters of a cucumber (a big one) just without anything to eat along with it. But he seemed very happy, so I didn't protest.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #1667
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Then somebody arrived who was Squatter/Morsul/Pitchwife, but actually turned out to be a somewhat annoying person, a loud fellow
Can't have been me. I'm rather quiet and well-mannered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
who made mess wherever he came.
OK, I confess - it was me after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
The most shocking was the fact that he ate about three quarters of a cucumber (a big one) just without anything to eat along with it.
What's shocking about that?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #1668
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
What's shocking about that?
It just seemed shocking in the dream. I doubt it would have shocked me in RL, but the impression in the dream was that it was ridiculous amount of food and that it must have been weird to eat it alone.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #1669
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Yes, almost any drink now you can get either hot or cold. I would think in the middle of a blizzard, and 20 F degrees outside you would not have to specify that you want it hot. However, they still ask "hot" or "iced", they must be required.
I wasn't asked... and since they were trying out a new waitress on me amd poor Milly looked like she should be drawing a pension rather than embarking on a new career and looked utterly downtrodden by life and petrified, there was no way on earth I was going to ask for it to be changed. So I drank the iced tea that was almost indistinguishable from the glass of water they gave me free save for an unpleasant twang and left a good tip. The sandwich was fine though.....
Old 11-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #1670
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I've done it again. More Barrow-Downs dreams. I blame it on having only eight hours of sleep in the past seventy-two hours. That, and a broken alarm clock that refuses to die.

But back to my fascinating story. In my dream I was walking along this grassy lane, having just come back from sliding down a pile of metal snow and into the ocean, when I spied a most interesting scene. Legate was leading a seance with Thinlómein, Lindale, and Guinevere and all of them were standing in a circle with their arms in the air and apples on their heads singing some mournful balled. They stopped singing as I approached saying something like "My subconscious must be having a field day!" to which they responded to by holding up candid photos of me. Apparently, Legate had been following me around for the past six weeks or so and taking pictures which he had then sent to celebrity magazines and sold for exorbitant sums of money. And then just as Lindale was about to reveal what it had all been about my drated alarm clock woke me up. I may have to throw it into a snow bank for revenge.

Anyway, thank you for providing me such an entertaining night, but you have a lot of explaining to do.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #1671
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Wehoaoough?

Okay, it didn't happen to me for a long time to be in a BDer's dream, but it probably never happened to me to be in a role like this. Wehoaoough? (Yea, I seem to like that word.)
Old 11-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #1672
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm sorry, I should probably have a discussion with my dreaming mind about that. It is getting out of hand.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #1673
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinque
sliding down a pile of metal snow
Metal snow? Sounds pretty surreal. What does it look like? And is it soft or hard?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #1674
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Metal snow? Sounds pretty surreal. What does it look like? And is it soft or hard?
Very shiny and prickly. Most of my dreams are Salvador Dali-worthy in their surreality.

Last edited by Laurinquë; 11-28-2009 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Prices of metal snow going up!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #1675
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Very shiny and prickly.
And heavy?

Quote:
Most of my dreams are Salvador Dali-worth in their surreality.
Don't worry, mine are often worse.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #1676
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I wonder if this had triggered something, as I had a BD dream after a quite long time today. I had a dream that I was on some holiday camp and among other people there were also some 'downers, namely Lommy and Groin Redbeard. I recall that at one point we were inside some building which looked like one of these big cinema halls and Groin was telling me about some computer RPG, where he got stuck and he disliked the fact that he had recruited Morsul the Dark as a NPC character into his party (i.e. Morsul was just a programmed character in the game). He said that Morsul-NPC was very unreliable, and he compared him to several characters from other games, especially to one Dwarf from Baldur's Gate II (if anybody knows it, I don't know the character's name, but it was some evil dwarf which could become a member of your party) and then somebody said that actually one character in a computer game was also modeled after Groin, and that was the Disciple from Knights of the Old Republic II (a soldier who was also a librarian and eventually could become a Jedi Knight).
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #1677
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
For the record... I'm unreliable in person of course my NPC would also be and if you mean Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II the dwarf was Borador The crazy Pyro bombmaking Dwarf One of the BEST Games EVER my friend and I spent hours upon hours upon days and days and even weeks playing the stupid game!! shh... what's that... chattering... Skwerels!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #1678
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

So in other words, my dream-imagination was not that far-fetched. Good to hear that
Old 11-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #1679
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
However my character in the game was awesome! untouchable especially with my buddy playing the necromancer we kicked behind!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #1680
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I had a dream which involved Hookbill and another Downer who I forget. Anyway the Downer said that Hookbill and I both had nice voices, but for different reasons. Then Hookbill says that he doesn't like his voice, because it's not strong enough for a teacher's voice. My sub-conscious imagines that Hookbill sounds similar to Edward Norton here.