The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #1681
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a few weird BD dreams last week.

In the first one, Rikae was posting on Facebook a top three of the "best-looking men ever". The #1 was Rune and the #2 was Skip, and I have no idea who was the third. Rikae commented on her top three: "I like tall, blonde guys." I remember thinking: "But Skip isn't tall or blonde!"

In the second one, Morsul was sort of haunting me. I was in the States and he was just following me everywhere in disguises. He came to speak to me, faking to be a Mexican (?) scientist, probably named Alejandro or something like that. He was obviously rather obsessed to stalk me. It was quite scary.

My apologies, Rikae and Morsul.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #1682
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I have now joined the ranks of Barrow-Downs dreamers with a dream involving Lommy.
In this dream, I was looking through Wikipedia and came across an entry for some company, the real or imagined name of which I don't remember, which sold laundry detergent. There were photos of people who had been the 'face' of the company at one time or another, and among them was Lommy, who had apparently portrayed a character called 'The Ice Princess' in TV commercials.
In the accompanying photo, Lommy was dressed in full 'princess' attire, looking like a cross between Glinda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz, and The Queen of the Night from The Magic Flute.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #1683
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

In the first one, Rikae was posting on Facebook a top three of the "best-looking men ever". The #1 was Rune and the #2 was Skip, and I have no idea who was the third. Rikae commented on her top three: "I like tall, blonde guys." I remember thinking: "But Skip isn't tall or blonde!"
Finally a realistic dream i can relate to.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #1684
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Dream Time.

It was a dream about my quiz bowl team, but we must have been playing Laurinque's school, because she was the reader of the match and I kept score. sally was the only person in the "audience" (as you can imagine these matches don't get populated by the public, only parents, possibly teachers, and the occasional creeper - I guess this would make sally the last? )

Anyway matches consist of 24 toss-up questions plus bonus, and Laurinque was looking extremely bored at reading. She kept yawning and sighing, looking frustrated that she kept having to turn the page of questions from one to the next. Onquestion 18 she stops and asks me "When are we getting to the Tolkien questions?" I said "He usually shows up two or three times a year, so it's hit or miss." She got up and walked out. The End.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #1685
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:

It make sense if you think about it. Rikae likes tall, blonde guys, which is why Rune is at number one.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #1686
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
It was a dream about my quiz bowl team, but we must have been playing Laurinque's school, because she was the reader of the match and I kept score. sally was the only person in the "audience" (as you can imagine these matches don't get populated by the public, only parents, possibly teachers, and the occasional creeper - I guess this would make sally the last? )

Anyway matches consist of 24 toss-up questions plus bonus, and Laurinque was looking extremely bored at reading. She kept yawning and sighing, looking frustrated that she kept having to turn the page of questions from one to the next. Onquestion 18 she stops and asks me "When are we getting to the Tolkien questions?" I said "He usually shows up two or three times a year, so it's hit or miss." She got up and walked out. The End.
As far as I know my school does not have a quiz bowl, but if we did I'm sure I would be just as impatient as you imagined me. What's the point of doing it if there are no Tolkien-related questions?
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #1687
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Me, Noggie, Greenie and Agan were touring the States and meeting 'downers.

First one I witnessed us meeting (but it was implied we already seen seceral others before) was the phantom. He was touring us around some old ruins in some valley. (What ruins are there in the US, asks I...)

Then, we found ourselves in some random local gym. Rikae's kids were there, in some kids' corner, messing around. We stayed there waiting for Mac and Rikae, but it took a very long time. I was wishing there was someone aged 10-12 present so that Nog could teach them football (soccer). In the end, he ended up teaching Rikae's oldest kid anyway. I wasn't there to witness the actual arrival of Rikae and Mac, for the next scene took me with it...

(and here we have a change of characters - it's now Kath and Annina the 'downer-party gatecrasher touring the States with me and Agan, not Nog and Greenie...)

We were in a gothic-style clothes store with Brinn. She was trying on a pretty turqoise and black dress with a corset. "Gorgeous", Agan commented when Brinn came to show us how the dress looked. When she had left to change back to her normal clothes, I said: "I don't get how she manages to look so cute." "Gorgeous", Agan corrected me. "Both at the same time", Kath resolved with the very typically kathish bright smile.

Next we were in a café/bar terrace thingy with a stylish old lady who was apparently my grandma. Kath was asking me, Agan & Annina something about our friendship, and we somehow ended up talking about eyes. "No one has dared to analyse Kath's eye colour yet", Agan pointed out, and by that she meant none of the 'downers we had met on the journey thus far. "Maybe Boro will dare", I said. This all had to do with Kath having so charming eyes that no one would look at them for a long time because they would be scared they'd go crazy.

Then Kath, Agan, Annina and Lady Granny went to toilet and I was left to sit at the table alone. Granny's pint of beer and some money she had left for the waiter were left on the table. I hadn't sat there alone for long, when a huge and ugly guy emerged and grabbed the coins in one hand and the beer in one hand and started walking away. "Hey! That's granny's beer!" I exclaimed and snatched the pint back, spilling a little beer on both myself and the guy. He looked at me very angrily, and tried to take the pint back. He grabbed it, and I knew he was stronger than me, so I just flipped the pint over and let all the beer fall to the ground before the guy could snatch it. He gave me a very angry look and walked away.

"What did you do that for?" asked a voice behind me. "You could have got yourself beaten. And your granny lost her beer anyway."
I turned, and saw Boro. I gave him a defiant look. "At least he didn't get the beer either. And I must admit I misjudged him... I thought he would've given up if I managed to snatch the beer back."
Boro shook his head. "Guess what you are? A lot."
I raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"
"Stubborn."

~The End~
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1688
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
"Maybe Boro will dare", I said. This all had to do with Kath having so charming eyes that no one would look at them for a long time because they would be scared they'd go crazy.
Funny thing, one of the WW games in Boston I looked over to Kath for a while, to which she said something like "Like looking into my eyes?" and I said "Nope, trying to figure out if you're a wolf" but secretly, I must admit Kath's eyes are quite charming. Or maybe it went the other way around, I forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
"What did you do that for?" asked a voice behind me. "You could have got yourself beaten. And your granny lost her beer anyway."
I turned, and saw Boro. I gave him a defiant look. "At least he didn't get the beer either. And I must admit I misjudged him... I thought he would've given up if I managed to snatch the beer back."
Boro shook his head. "Guess what you are? A lot."
I raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"
"Stubborn."
Heh, I can imagine having this convo, and I don't know if it's brilliant or scary.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #1689
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I was at my grandfathers house at my birthday and alot of downers where present, but unfotunately I can only remember the last part of the dream.

I was packing my bags with all my gifts, most people had already left except for Shasta and Fea who where sitting talking in another part of the house. I carried my bags to the car, when I realised that I had forgotten the bottle of Glenlivet that somebody gave me. I went back to search for it, only to find Fea and Shasta drinking from it (straight out of the bottle). . . They just looked at me and said "don't worry, it is not ours".

The rest of the dream is a haze, but there where talk about "giving birth to a whale"

Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #1690
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I also had a post-Bostonmoot influenced dream last night. Alas, I can't remember as much as I could when I woke to go to the washroom in the pre-dawn hours, but I do know that it involved some sort of a getting back together--and presumably in Boston, because Nienna was at the centre of the getting back... but it was a very strange airport that had a strong resemblance to a Christmastide shopping mall.

It was a Moot-reunion of sorts, I know--or it should have been--because there were a number of other Downers from Bostonmoot about: Rune, Boromir, and Shasta are the only ones I actually remember now... and precious little of them--but I do remember that Boro was wasted and lost his shirt at some point.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #1691
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I do remember that Boro was wasted and lost his shirt at some point.
Was this a normal occurrence at Bostonmoot?
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #1692
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Was this a normal occurrence at Bostonmoot?
Never while I was awake... but I did go to bed first most nights.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #1693
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I was at my grandfathers house at my birthday and alot of downers where present, but unfotunately I can only remember the last part of the dream.

I was packing my bags with all my gifts, most people had already left except for Shasta and Fea who where sitting talking in another part of the house. I carried my bags to the car, when I realised that I had forgotten the bottle of Glenlivet that somebody gave me. I went back to search for it, only to find Fea and Shasta drinking from it (straight out of the bottle). . . They just looked at me and said "don't worry, it is not ours".

The rest of the dream is a haze, but there where talk about "giving birth to a whale"
But I do not drink.... Scotch.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #1694
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

First off my apologies to Rikae... she seems to appear a lot in my dreams and always doing something weird... I have no idea why.

Well, anyway, in my dream there was a 'downermoot in Finland. I was sitting in some room, talking with Di, Mac, Rikae and the three-year-old wereduckling, who was sitting on my lap. I was actually mostly talking with her. She said something that implied she can count. "Wow, can you count?" I asked. "Yes," she said, feigning modesty. "Can you read?" I asked. "Of course," she replied. "She never told me that," Rikae observed in a dry but amused voice. I looked at her instead of her daughter. "So she's just showing off?" "Yes," Rikae replied, "she loves to show off to new acquintances."

Rikae and Mac left for the kicthen. Soon after I followed them. In the corridor I ran to skip who was teaching Greenie how to fight with two swords. "No, you don't do it like that," I groaned. "Definitely not!" added Rikae from the doorstep of the kitchen. We almost had a fight over which one can demonstrate the proper way to do it. In the end, Rikae took the swords and showed Greenie what to do. Skip (who had, it came up, posted videos about Avatar on YouTube with the nick PeterTheOrc) was left to observe from a distance.

Once Rikae was done with the demonstration, she went to the kitchen. I followed her soon enough. When I entered, she was holding a huge glass bowl in her hands. The bowl was full of the liquid that olives are packaged with and there was even one olive floating on the top. "Can I drink this?" she asked. "Sure," I said, unsure if I heard her correctly. She sniffed the contents of the bowl with obvious pleasure while Mac, standing very straight behind her, gave me a slightly embarassed but a little defiant look. I shrugged. "Although, if you don't mind me being your new health advisor," I said to Rikae, "you shouldn't really drink that. First off, it has a lot of fat. And more importantly..." "even more salt," Mac finished the sentence for me.

I don't know if Rikae ended up drinking the stuff or not for I dashed off to the parking lot to pick up Kath and lead her to our little meeting.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #1695
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I had a rather weird dream and of course I do not remember most of it, but it did include the Phantom.

It started out with Phantom and I meeting up at my univeristy, for some reason there where all sorts of security meassures in place. . . I am not quite sure why.

I knew it was Phantom, but for some reason he was a hughe black guy wearing a suit and constantly eating lobster. After spending some time at the university we went to an award-show. They were both giving out awards for people who had done special work for the black comunity and then there was awards for wizards. I had been nominated for a wizard award. . .

I spend the night collecting guns that I magically made fit into a suitcase, later this suitcase was stolen. I went to ask Phantom if he knew what had happened to my guns, but he knew nothing. Oh by the way, Phantom was now an old bearded white guy. . .constantly drinking tea.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #1696
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I had a rather weird dream
You too?

Mine involved someone murdering Lommy and me getting arrested by Mira (who was a detective). I told Mira I found 2 penguin-designed rings and the killer must have taken them from Lommy, because she ALWAYS wore her penguin rings. However, I refused to answer Mira as to where I acquired the rings, which then I was arrested for tampering with evidence, obstruction of justice, and being a ____.

The end. So, I guess this means either I murdered Lommy, or I was trying to protect the real murderer? Ba, ba, ba, ba, bum.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:35 AM   #1697
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
That's nothing. I dreamt Future!Hakon was some kind of ultra-powerful politician, crimelord or possibly both, and basically ran the entire world. He was purchasing Greenie (at her current age, oddly) as his latest concubine.

At the moment I managed to wake up, he was inspecting her very critically, with a horrible sneer on his face, and saying she was overpriced, because he didn't believe she was a natural blonde.

So, uh, yeah, sorry about that.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #1698
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I dreamt Future!Hakon was some kind of ultra-powerful politician, crimelord or possibly both, and basically ran the entire world.
I guess he'll be delighted. Russian mobster with a vengeance...
Old 01-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #1699
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
That's nothing. I dreamt Future!Hakon was some kind of ultra-powerful politician, crimelord or possibly both, and basically ran the entire world.
Both. Always both. And...um...wow.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #1700
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nerwen and Boro, you are creepy.

I'm 100% sure I had another BD dream involving Rikae doing something weird, but I have forgotten it. Instead, let me entertain you with how my subconscious treated Sauron (the Seductress).
Old 03-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #1701
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So last night I dreamt that people were chatting over at Lottie's admin thread, and she'd made a bunch of drastic changes to her game. Then Brinn posts and complains because it's too simple now and she doesn't want to play anymore because it's below her. I'm pretty sure she was plotting to give herself a role just for kicks and giggles, but before we could start the game I woke up.

I may or may not have checked the admin thread this morning anyway.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #1702
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
That's nothing. I dreamt Future!Hakon was some kind of ultra-powerful politician, crimelord or possibly both, and basically ran the entire world. He was purchasing Greenie (at her current age, oddly) as his latest concubine.

At the moment I managed to wake up, he was inspecting her very critically, with a horrible sneer on his face, and saying she was overpriced, because he didn't believe she was a natural blonde.

So, uh, yeah, sorry about that.

Of course if you're Hakon it'd be....

satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #1703
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I had a really epic set of dreams that involved, at the very least, Nienna, B88, Rune, and Glirdan.

But I don't feel like retyping or copy/pasting (that would need editing for 'Downs regulations), so I'm just going to link to the blog post where I wrote about it. Warning: there is a bit of cursing, but apart from that it's nothing bad. For those who don't care about the significance behind the title of the blog, just skip to the italicized parts.

For just the part with Glirdan (which is kind of the most epic, not gonna lie), it's near the bottom. And he's blue. And twelve. And immortal.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #1704
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
For just the part with Glirdan (which is kind of the most epic, not gonna lie), it's near the bottom. And he's blue. And twelve. And immortal.
And sort of epic.

The whole dream was epic. I'm impressed.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #1705
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Hahaha, yes it was. I want a tiny blue man to help uncover my fate for me. Actually, I want it to be Glirdan, because that's awesome, but I guess he's already taken?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:16 AM   #1706
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, I had a rather weird dream too. I was spending time at my grandparents' with my mum and Greenie. I found out my mother had bought a small package of some kind of batteries called "throb in". The logo, however, was really unclear so I first read "th robin" and I thought "Laurinquë!" immediately and lo! that summoned her and TGEW right into my grandparents' kitchen. They had been touring Europe and planning to visit Finland too, but Helsinki instead of some random countryside house near the eastern border. I apologised to them that there weren't any sights or nice places around, but they weren't too sad.

Followed an episode of me trying to find them beds because the house was crowded with visitors already. Greenie and our cousin (who is actually the same age as Lauri ) didn't quite approve of my arrangements, because I made our girls' bedroom quite crowded with taking two more people in and I made Greenie sleep in a smaller bed than before because TGEW was taller than her. In the end, we fit in relatively comfortably and I was just hoping TGEW and Lauri wouldn't get traumathised by the slightly crowded and weird lodgings.

Then, we weren't in my grandparents' house anymore, but some random high school. Laurinquë - whose hair was now blue - was looking very distressed. She was sitting in the school canteen with a guy who obviously had feelings for her. "So you like someone else?" the guy demanded. "Yes," Lauri admitted in a small voice. "I like Sam." "Sam? Is that a guy or girl?" the guy asked. Lauri didn't answer, so the guy's face started turning slightly red. "So you like girls? You were cheating me all along!" Lauri looked as if she was in the brink of crying and she just stood up abruptly. "Hey, everybody, Lauri here likes other girls!" the guy shouted. Some heads were turned. Lauri fleed and the guy followed, shouting "she likes girls! she likes girls!". Lauri ran upstairs and the jerk kept chasing her.

I was hanging around there at the end of the staircase and saw the situation. I decided to help Lauri and - don't ask how - we decided to lock the guy in a toilet. We forced him in and tried to close the door but he put his fingers between the door and the door frame - his bad, he was soon howling in agony. We opened the door just enough so that he could snatch his hand free and then closed it firmly and locked it. "Keep him there at least for an hour, preferably longer," I told Lauri in a very serious voice. Lauri nodded and smiled and we went for tea in a nearby café.

Mes apologies, I have no idea where that all came from.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #1707
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Just read that dream of Lommy's that I was in, and Boro:

Quote:
Funny thing, one of the WW games in Boston I looked over to Kath for a while, to which she said something like "Like looking into my eyes?" and I said "Nope, trying to figure out if you're a wolf" but secretly, I must admit Kath's eyes are quite charming. Or maybe it went the other way around, I forget...
I think you said that if you were looking into my eyes when you asked if I was a wolf then you'd know if I was lying ... you were wrong.

Also Lommy, thank you for the eye compliments!
Old 03-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #1708
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
I had a really epic set of dreams that involved, at the very least, Nienna, B88, Rune, and Glirdan.

But I don't feel like retyping or copy/pasting (that would need editing for 'Downs regulations), so I'm just going to link to the blog post where I wrote about it. Warning: there is a bit of cursing, but apart from that it's nothing bad. For those who don't care about the significance behind the title of the blog, just skip to the italicized parts.

Bahahahaha!!!! So I'm super stoked that I'm a blue 12 year old that is a vessel of fate!! At least we are doomed to eternity together Fea!! *Snuggles you lots*

Oh, and Boro, I would TOTALLY be your little blue twelve year old sidekick....getting lost in Boston....BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Definitely an epic dream Fea
Old 03-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #1709
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
So last night I dreamed that my sister and I were hanging out with Fea, and that the two of them hit it off remarkably well - such that moments after meeting one another, they were shopping and doing crafts. Simultaneously.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #1710
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I love shopping! And crafts!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #1711
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I dreamt about Mirandir last night.

I had gotten very famous for jumping like a jedi and for picking up gold lying on rocks, somehow Mirandir managed to take all the credit for it and she got her own talkshow.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #1712
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
I love shopping! And crafts!
And crafty shopping.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #1713
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I had a Barrow-Downs-related dream recently. At least I think I did. It was something about all of you being down at the beach-house, and playing real-life WW, and the dead people had to go out on the balcony for some reason. Then maybe it started getting serious. Somebody might have got murdered or something. I'm not sure.

You see, either I basically don't dream as rule, or I don't remember my dreams... it's sort of sad. I seem to have a surprisingly boring subconscious, at least compared to everyone else.

Still, the Hakon-and-Greenie one was interesting... There may be hope for me yet...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #1714
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a DownerDream last night, but I don't remember most of it. All I know is, it had Nog's Head and a strange combination of Lauri and Alfred the Asperagus from VeggieTales, and Lauri the Apsperagus was talking about horticulture.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #1715
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a BD dream for the first time in a looong while.

I was making a recording with Kath, Legate, alona (which is weird since I've never had any interaction with her), a she-Downer I don't remember, and a short, annoying, red-haired guy (who actually reminded me of the Dwarf in the Once Upon a Time... series), except that it didn't happen online but in real life.

When we were finished, Kath and the Dwarf guy went to a bar. Shortly after they had left, we heard horrible shrieks. I went to see what it was about and lo! there was a huge bear that held Boro upside down in its deadly hug. I tried to hit and kick the bear but it barely even noticed it, so finally I just stuck my fingers in its eyes. The bear fled, bleeding, and I told Boro to try that trick next time. He said there was little he could do, hanging upside down.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #1716
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ignoring the spam...I had a BD dream last night. I recall Rune, Greenie, Agan, Lommy, and a "copy and pasted" Kath. But before I get to that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I went to see what it was about and lo! there was a huge bear that held Boro upside down in its deadly hug. I tried to hit and kick the bear but it barely even noticed it, so finally I just stuck my fingers in its eyes. The bear fled, bleeding, and I told Boro to try that trick next time. He said there was little he could do, hanging upside down.
Aww you would even protect me from a bear! That's awesome. Most people I know would probably run away.

So, my dream...I find it hard to explain, because I was dreaming that I was telling people about a dream I had, in a dream...yes strange.

I was getting on one of those doghound buses you take for long roadtrips. Greenie and Rune were already on the bus, and I just had to tell them about a dream I had. Apparently I can just copy and paste people into dreams, because I thought...this is where Kath would be, this is how she looks, and boom she was pasted into my dream. However, she was a copied image, so she couldn't move or talk of course. (To the joy of us all! )
I couldn't do the same for Lommy and Agan, so Rune gave me their stand-ins. The Penguin and the lion. I sit behind Rune, next to the copied Kath and Greenie sat in front of Rune, and I began telling them about another dream I had.

Recently I found out my former cross-country coach left his wife because he entered into a relationship with one of his 17 year old runners. This is where it's tricky because apparently I was telling Kath that story from a previous dream, and now I was telling Greenie and Rune. Rune makes a funny, but terrible inappropriate joke I won't type here. Than Greenie does a Kath impersonation and claims that Kath always tells her "John is a freak."

If that wasn't odd enough, Agan and Lommy majically transformed to life and want to know when they come into my dream. I said I couldn't remember what Lommy was doing, but Agan was doing some strange dance and asked me to join. Then Agan said "Oh you mean this one! It's my favorite I'll teach you." jumped up and started dancing

The End.

Last edited by Boromir88; 03-29-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #1717
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Aww you would even protect me from a bear! That's awesome. Most people I know would probably run away.
I'm ever so gallant.
Although I assume the dream just means that I've finally forgiven Borobear for killing me in Saucie's werewolf back in 2007.

Quote:
Agan was doing some strange dance and asked me to join. Then Agan said "Oh you mean this one! It's my favorite I'll teach you." jumped up and started dancing
It was probably tango. Be prepared to dance the woman's part.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #1718
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I dreamed that McCaber and I were visiting Diamond18's house in preparation for the Finniship of the Ring's visit, and her cats really liked me.

So I've got that going for me, at least.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #1719
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Dreamed last night that there were six evil wizards. Dancing ritualistically around a bonfire.

I had to kill them. Bullets wouldn't work. Knives wouldn't work. I had to shoot them with griffin-fletched arrows.

Rather conveniently, Rune had six of them, specially made in Denmark. It was a skill passed down from his Viking forebears...

So then I had my bow, and the six arrows, and I had a decent vantage in a bombed out building from which to shoot.

And then I sniped the evil wizards and saved the world while Rune talked with the other guy (who might have been B88).
Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #1720
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye weird, I know...

A week or so back I had a curious dream. Since I had been playing Left 4 Dead in the hours leading up to bed, the theme of the dream was quite understandable- I was attempting to escape from a zombie-infested building. That in itself would hardly qualify as odd, but there was a twist. Have you ever seen Signs? Well, in that film, the aliens react to water the way we would react to some extremely strong form of acid. In my dream, these zombies had that same weakness. I was literally taking them down with a squirt gun.

Unfortunately my water pistol didn't have much of a reservoir, and I was continually forced to backtrack to my starting point to refill before thrusting out again. Each time down my chosen path I was getting closer to escape. But then I hit a snag, and also encountered the individual that qualifies this as a dream of the Barrow-Downs variety.

There were two rooms leading off the final hall. The second was quite problematic- it was a wide opening and it was just crawling with zombies, and they were too tightly packed for me to use my usual method of attracting one at a time into attacking and wasting them with the water pistol. No, no- if I walked past the room it was likely to rouse the whole mob, and I simply didn't have the ammo for it. But the room before the final room held the solution! I slowly opened the door and what did I see through the crack? A sink, and atop the counter next to it, a hose! Ha ha!

But now peeking the rest of the way into the room, this one contained zombies as well. Only three- but I recognized one. It was none other than Lari! And oddly enough, she and the other two zombies were talking! (As opposed to staggering about and drooling, the two staples of zombie-ism.)

I had to use their hose, that much was clear, but I didn't wish to slay Lari-zombie. She was quite clearly a zombie, desiring to feast upon human flesh and the like. She wasn't truly Lari any more. And yet, it looked like Lari, and sounded like her, and I just struggled mentally with the idea of gunning her down. (The season 2 Buffy/Angel dilemma is so clear to me now!)

So, I did what any intelligent chap would do- I strolled in and attempted to reason with the zombies. (Please note that I strongly discourage this approach in real life! I'd feel terrible if someone read this and attempted to follow my strategy and ended up a bit dead as a result.)

Lari and her zombie pals were put off by my water gun, and I could tell that they had both the urge to cower in fear and to try and kill me before I had a chance to act. After a minute or two however, they slowly came around, and started to at least half believe that it was possible I wasn't there to kill them, but truly wished to borrow their hose and sink. And then Lari said something that really surprised me. "Lower your gun and give me a hug then. If you truly don't mean me any harm and want to be friends, give me a hug."

Needless to say my heart started pumping a bit quicker. Place myself within the arms of a violent creature with super-human strength? That would completely compromise any advantage I had in the situation! But in the end I decided it was the only way. I gave Lari a hearty squeeze, making sure that the water gun was visible (to discourage her from getting any ideas about squeezing me to death), but on the other hand trying not to brandish the weapon too much (I didn't wish to provoke her friends or give visions of treachery).

After several tense and awkward seconds it was over, and I was told I could use their hose and sink. I had it working in no time and went out into the hall and to the next room and blasted the mob of zombies into oblivion. My way out of the building was clear! But then, a thought- what if, as soon as I'm out, Lari and friends change their mind about eating me and rush me from behind? She was an evil zombie after all. She couldn't be trusted!

But it would be so very low to repay her kindness by spraying her with her own hose. What to do? After giving it some thought, I compromised- I popped into the doorway and sprayed the legs of Lari and company, rendering them incapable of pursuit, but leaving them quite alive.

And then I dashed to freedom.

The end.