The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 AM   #1721
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a long and weird dream including bears and Leonard Cohen and various others, but to spare you I shall only tell the BD-related part: Agan and Morsul were trying to instruct me (and other people) to play a strange card game. One of the cards in the game was "Inziladun", he looked a lot like one card in Middle Earth: The Wizards card game except that he was sitting in some sports car in the picture. Agan, who heard more of the dream, also wanted me to mention that at some point there Legate and a guy who looked like Rune were taking a shower in the same bathroom at the same time (but there were too showers and before you ask, no my dream didn't show them there , they just went there Legate first and then the Runeish-looking guy later before Legate had come out).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:52 AM   #1722
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
This looks like a bunch of BD dreams recently, I had some dream to(I almost wrote toDay! ) where a large group of 'Downers was on some sort of tour in some historic city, could have been somewhere in southern France or Italy or something like that, there was a huge castle on top of a hill in the middle of the city and a part of it was an old church tower, very high, with a steeple. We have sort of split while touring the city, because everybody wanted to see different parts of it, and I remember Morsul and Fea and I think Mira went to the tower, whereas I went alone to a burning building (yeah, it was being burned down at that time) somewhere on the further side of the town. The other 'Downers around there included people like Loslote, Rune, possibly Sally. I don't really remember any particular events, just sort of moments or pictures of people being here and there and visiting the historical places, but not any actual action in the dream.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #1723
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream where a bunch of BDers were at my house (in Idaho). We were playing a game where we threw a stuffed animal (I think) to each other and whoever dropped it has to sit out. So of course when it gets to me, I drop it. I mutter to Sally, who's next to me, that she'll never have to worry about getting out because I'll end up dropping it every time since I'm not good at these types of games. So I have to sit in my own little square while everyone else wanders off to do their own thing. After awhile, I don't hear anything and freak out worrying that everyone left the house without me, but then I notice all the cars are still parked in the driveway. I discover all the BDers chatting on the patio in the backyard and having a really great time. But I can't partake in the fun because I'm still out and must stay inside.

Not exactly a happy dream, yet it's something that's perfectly applicable to my RL. Ever since not long after Bostonmoot when my semester began, I've been crunched down with schoolwork. I spend long hours at labs (I'm at one now and obviously not being productive), all-nighters writing papers, long days at classes and work...I often don't get home until after 9 or 10. I have a short time to eat, catch up online, finally relax...and then sleep (which I only get 3-4 hours of typically). Needless to say, I have absolutely no time whatsoever to chat with BDers, and barely any to talk with people on Facebook. Meanwhile, everyone else is chatting with everyone, keeping strong connections, particularly those made this winter. I observe, but can't partake. After all these months of barely talking to BDers, I'm afraid I've lost these connections I've made, and at worst, friendships. My own fault for not trying harder, but nevertheless it's frustrating. The good news is that I'll be forever done with school in two and half weeks which means free time again. I only hope it's not too late for these lost connections to be remade.

Wow, I probably just depressed everyone (sorry). Though it's really strange how dreams can reflect your RL conflicts...and I just had to mention that.

Everyone else has so much more interesting BDers dreams. I'm jealous. I usually can't remember mine.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #1724
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
This afternoon I decided to take a nap. This is unusual because I had just got up from eleven hours of sleep about four hours previously. I blame too much sleep for the events that 'happened' later.

In my dream I was on the computer. And naturally, being on the computer, I went on the Barrow-Downs. BUT in my dream the BD had gone through a massive renovation. My User CP contained a list of 'reviews' about my posts; the latest one being from Aganzir. It read a lot like a snippet from a book review, made me sound like a great author. Thank you Agan!

There were a number of other changes as well, I remember freaking out because all the threads had been reassigned to different areas and I could not find them. And then there were all these new members with weird and wacky avatars. It was like I had been asleep for many years and had gone on the Barrow-Downs of the future. Avvies were bigger and the whole style of the place was different. And did I mention it was changing as I watched? It was. It started out looking as it does now, all black and green. But then it started looking more and more like Facebook--a black and pink Facebook with lots of dead people. Few of my old acquaintances were there and I was all alone with people I didn't know and inside jokes I had never heard.

What does this say about me? Nothing good I imagine. It rather reminds me of Brinniel's post. Barrow-Downs angst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I've been crunched down with schoolwork. I spend long hours at labs (I'm at one now and obviously not being productive), all-nighters writing papers, long days at classes and work...I often don't get home until after 9 or 10. I have a short time to eat, catch up online, finally relax...and then sleep (which I only get 3-4 hours of typically). Needless to say, I have absolutely no time whatsoever to chat with BDers, and barely any to talk with people on Facebook. Meanwhile, everyone else is chatting with everyone, keeping strong connections, particularly those made this winter. I observe, but can't partake. After all these months of barely talking to BDers, I'm afraid I've lost these connections I've made, and at worst, friendships. My own fault for not trying harder, but nevertheless it's frustrating. The good news is that I'll be forever done with school in two and half weeks which means free time again. I only hope it's not too late for these lost connections to be remade.

Wow, I probably just depressed everyone (sorry). Though it's really strange how dreams can reflect your RL conflicts...and I just had to mention that.
Just to let you know Brinn, this sounds like my life. I don't think that everyone has been having a good a time as you think they have. Things always sound better when you weren't actually there. I'm really sorry that you are having to go through this. At least you did get to go to Bostonmoot at all. Us Alaskan/Finnish/everyone else Downers did not. You will be able to renew any 'lost' connections you made when you have some more time on your hands. Good luck with school.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #1725
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a rather alarming dream last night...a whole bunch of Downers were running away from Velociraptors. Fea was being a sort of cheerleader, telling us to run faster and giving us "encouraging" raptor trivia ala xkcd, but Nerwen, Sally, Shasta, and Boro all disappeared, presumably caught by the raptors. Eventually the "raptors" caught up, and it turned out that it was the European Downers, running away from what they thought were the raptors, so we were just running in circles. The four that disappeared had just gotten bored and started to play Whist. Then we were all laughing, and The Phantom was petting a cat...I don't remember if he was being all evil mastermindish by petting the cat, or if it was just a cute kitty.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #1726
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I would pay $50 to see phantom pet a cat...no joke, that would be a polaroid moment. heh
Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #1727
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
My first Downs dream in a long time:

I dreamt that since I'm so sick I forgot to post on the current WW game on Day 1. So I ended up remembering like 3 minutes before DL, and instead of looking at what the votes were I decided to try to read through the thread. It was only 2 pages; the first pages was all people posting a picture of the avatar of the previous poster, and the second page was all people voting for me. Shasta then just posted saying: "Wilwa is dead" in really big letters with a picture of a dead butterfly. Then either Fea or Mira (I wasn't sure which it was in the dream), sent me this picture which I can't remember and it was accompanied by this voice clip that I think may have talked about Vampire Diaries and cookies and a rediculous amount of swearing. ha. Then suddenly I was in a room with a bunch of strangers, but I think they were supposed to be Downers (they just didn't look like what you guys really look like), and I was trying to defend my absence.

There could have been more, but I can't really remember. It was weird.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:49 AM   #1728
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I had a 'Downs-related dream today after some time. Its main feature was that Bethberry started to spam the forum with threads with names like "I think Eru actually didn't exist and it was Goldberry instead" or "The River's daughter had actually defeated all the trolls of Gothmog's guard and killed Gothmog as well". It was not difficult to think where she got the inspiration, I was only wondering whether it was a joke from her part or whether she decided that she meant it seriously and was only encouraged to post it now.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #1729
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye as usual, a weird one...

While resting this afternoon I had an interesting dream involving the Finn's trip.

I was in some sort of giant room filled with maps, and on the central map on the table I was watching a glowing dot snaking its way across the country (it was the Finns). I was surprised because the route they were taking back east was more northerly than I expected. On one hand I was happy as I realized they would be coming back to Omaha, but on the other hand I knew they were wishing to go through Texas to New Orleans and I wondered why they were off course.

My phone rang and it was Nog, and he explained to me that all their maps were stolen, their GPS was broken, and no one in that area could help them get back on the right road because no one understood Finnish. But just after he said that, I heard him exclaim, "Boro!" and then he said, "No worries, Boromir happened to be passing this way and he can help us out."

I continued to watch their travel path on the map, and now it was headed south through Colorado, heading for Texas. "All right. Back on track now," I thought. But then a PM from Nog popped up on my screen which read, "No phone service any more, but Boro helped us out. He said many great things about going to South Bend to see Notre Dame, so that's where we are headed."

I PMed back quickly saying, "Um, just where do you think Notre Dame is?" seeing as they were going the wrong direction. He PMed back, "Boro said it was in Idaho, which according to his map is just a few more hours south of here."

There were so many things wrong going on that I wasn't sure where to begin, but I decided that perhaps I would just say nothing, seeing as they were in fact back on the course they had originally intended to take. So, I PMed, "Well done. I'll meet you in South Bend," and prepared to leave for my cousin's house in Austin, Texas, with the intention of intercepting Nog and friends when they arrived there looking for Notre Dame.

But just before I left I stopped and wondered, "What if, after I leave, Greenie PMs to consult on the route?" (we had discussed this previously), and in answer to my question a PM from Greenie popped up on the screen- "I can't PM you- I'm asleep."

Relieved, I hopped in my vehicle and set out for Texas (aka Idaho, aka South Bend).

That is all.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #1730
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
a PM from Greenie popped up on the screen- "I can't PM you- I'm asleep."
phantom, you've just made me laugh tears. You're a genius even in your dreams!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #1731
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well done, Greenie - exceptionally prompt and helpful.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #1732
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I can't say that the dream I had last night related to other Downers (other than the fact that I was sleeping with other Downers at another Downers house), but I can say that it had something to do with the Barrow-Downs.
I had this dream last night that I went to bed with about 1820 posts (like I have now) and went to sleep (to have dreams about Aganzir, I'm pretty sure) only to wake up and find that I had reached the 2000 post mark. I don't know how I got there or how I managed to make that many posts whilst asleep, but I know that those posts were good posts and there were a lot of them. It was exceedingly strange.

I had another dream two nights ago that involved Aganzir, Ka, and Lauri. I don't remember really anything about it other than Aganzir was doing something dastardly and we all enjoyed watching her do it.
Funny how Downers who you spend some time with find their way into your sleeping mind.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #1733
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
I had another dream two nights ago that involved Aganzir, Ka, and Lauri. I don't remember really anything about it other than Aganzir was doing something dastardly and we all enjoyed watching her do it.
Funny how Downers who you spend some time with find their way into your sleeping mind.
...Are you sure that wasn't a dream and actually something she did to the vampire-folk of Forks? Or that we all did?

I was mostly worried all of you would hear me say something in my sleep and it'd be too weird, even for the barrowdowns.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #1734
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
...Are you sure that wasn't a dream and actually something she did to the vampire-folk of Forks? Or that we all did?

I was mostly worried all of you would hear me say something in my sleep and it'd be too weird, even for the barrowdowns.

~ Ka
Perhaps that bit was based off of reality.

I sleep as sound as a log during the deep hours of the night. I move around a lot, but nothing really bothers me. Not that anything you would have to say would be any weirder than what I have said.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #1735
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So this morning, I was up at about 9am after going to bed at like 3am (oh summer, what have you done to my sleeping patterns!?!?) and decided I was going to take a nap.

Once I fell asleep I somehow drifted back to the land that was Bostonmoot, back in Nienna and Brinn apartment. Only difference was that for some reason, their apartment was in Toronto, Ontario, and not Boston, Massachusetts. And for some reason, I had a bought a ticket to go down to go see the Finns but I never bought a ticket to go back home. I remember that I was sitting at the kitchen table with Wilwa and Boro for sure and I believe Rune, Shasta and Alona were all standing in the kitchen and Wilwa and I were supposed to leave the next day to go home. Only problem was I didn't have a previously paid for ticket OR money to buy one. And I kept saying stuff like "I didn't want to buy a ticket because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go!"

I also vaguely remember Fea phantom, Brinn, Nienna and Formy all walking into the kitchen at random points just to listen to my madness.

Oh, and the Finns never showed up :P
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #1736
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Silmaril

Glirdan, you're mean.
tp, you're hilarious.

Writing two dreams before I forget them...

In the first one, there was some sort of 'downer convention. I was talking with THE Ka and she said, looking slightly embarrassed: "Apparently Aganzir thinks I have nice bones." (You who don't know, she actually really does have some sort of obsession on hip bones. Dont know why. Btw the italics represent a very specific way of pronouncing the word "bone" which makes it means hip bone especially.) I nodded: "I'm not surprised. I always knew you must have nice hip bones, otherwise she wouldn't like you so much." Agan happened to be near and said: "Oh yes, she has nice bones. But not everybody has. For example Kath doesn't have very nice ones." Poor Kath was unhappy and ran away to sulk, but a big 'downer group (with me, Boro and Nog among others) surrounded her and gave her a mass hug to make her feel better and forget Agan's evil words.

In the other dream Nog, Greenie, Agan and me were travelling in the States by foot and accompanied by Boro and a stray dog called Cleveland. We passed by a zoo and stopped at the parking lot in front of it. Boro wanted to go in the zoo and take his own dog with him (the dog didn't feature in the dream before). "Wait!" we cried. "They will kill your dog if you take it to the zoo because they don't want any foreign bacteria to their animals!" But Boro had already walked too far and didn't hear us and soon diappeared behind all the cars. I had to stop him. "Cleveland! Find Boro!" I shouted. The dog obeyed me and started running towards the zoo gate. The leash was too short, so I was almost dragged behind the dog since he was running faster than me. I realised I had to let go of Cleveland so he could run and find Boro before it was too late and I could always come to them later and explain the situation. The dream ended with me letting go of Cleveland's leash, but when I woke up I knew Cleveland had managed to stop Boro and he and his dog were safe.

As so many times before, I'm tempted to ask what would Freud say...
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #1737
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Wow, a happily ending dream that doesn't see me being torn apart by rabid nationalistic zoo animals. I like your dreams Lommy.

As far as what Freud would say...clearly the stray dog being named Cleveland means you miss Ohio, and you want to stop back here again, so I can take you to the Cleveland Natural History Museum. Fabulous place that it is.

P.S. received my powercord, and letter. Glad you're all having much fun on your There and Back again journey.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #1738
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Yesterday I had a dream about Hurt & Heal, featuring Mac, Tuor, and Pitchwife (and others I cannot recall). Perhaps you won't find this dream entertaining, but it's definitely one of my favorites.

We were playing with some sort of new Hurt & Heal system set forth by Mormegil. The rule was, whichever category we picked (Ainu, Monsters, Lonely Mt Dwarves, etc), we had to include ALL characters that qualified. Given that fact, we obviously had to be more specific- eg rather than "Elves", we would have to go with "Elves of Doriath".

Well, someone (I believe it was Mac) suggested that the new thread be "Men of Brethil", and this idea was well received by everyone. I, on the other hand, was dead set against it, as I had my own ideas I wished to put forward, and so I tried to convince everyone that "Men of Brethil" was a bad idea.

(We weren't having this talk on the Downs, but rather on some sort of voice-chat thingy on the computer.)

My primary argument was that there were simply too many men of Brethil, and that our list would be far too lengthy. Naturally this point was contested and Tuor asked me to start naming them to see if my point was true. I started rattling them off- "Turin, Niniel, Dorlas, Brandir, Ebor, Manthor, Avranc, Hardang, Handir, Hareth, Haleth, Haldad, Haldan..."

I was doing well, but I realized there were only a dozen or so left, and that I'd have to look up half of them to be able to name them, and even then it certainly would not be enough to push the total up to an amount that would discourage my fellow Downers from playing the game. In short, I was definitely on the losing end of the argument.

So I did what any decent chap would do in this situation- I started making up names.

Realizing that there were so many beginning with "H-A-L", I figured I could come up with a score or so of real-sounding false names, and if I rattled them off quickly and with confidence perhaps they would be accepted. So, I proceeded, mixing in false names with a couple of real ones- "Halbir, Haldar, Halbad, Halbeth, Halden..." (I was doing splendidly!) "...Halran, Haldorn, Halmir, Halbuguz, Haldir..." (Crap! Did I really just suggest "Halbuguz"? I hope no one caught that.) "...Haldin, Halthan, Halrad-"

"Wait a minute!" Pitch interjected. "Halbuguz?"

Crap. Busted.

And then I woke up. And frankly, upon waking I was still rather upset with myself for my slip-up. "Yeesh, that was stupid. Halbuguz? I mean, really, you're supposed to be smarter than that, Phantom! *grumble grumble* Man, I'm an idiot. *eye roll* Seriously, Halbuguz?"
Old 07-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #1739
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I had a dream the other night involving Folwren had an electric tea kettle. The dream involved her saying that she didn't know anything about electric tea kettles until Aganzir informed her of them. Folwren said that she got hers from eBay, but, unfortunately, it was only 140 volts, and didn't heat water up as fast as its British counterpart.

The strange thing is, I don't even know if Folwren drinks tea...
Old 07-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #1740
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I don't remember really anything about it other than Aganzir was doing something dastardly and we all enjoyed watching her do it.
That isn't really out of ordinary, you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
"Apparently Aganzir thinks I have nice bones." (You who don't know, she actually really does have some sort of obsession on hip bones. Dont know why. Btw the italics represent a very specific way of pronouncing the word "bone" which makes it means hip bone especially.)
Because I like all kind of things that protrude from one's body (ie. noses)? I think they're aesthetic. However I don't think I touched anybody's hip bones (at least on purpose) during the trip! So I can't really tell you what I thought of Ka's or Kath's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
So I did what any decent chap would do in this situation- I started making up names.
---
"Wait a minute!" Pitch interjected. "Halbuguz?"
Hahaha that's hilarious!

Quote:
she didn't know anything about electric tea kettles until Aganzir informed her of them.
It's definitely easier to make tea with an electric kettle!

I had a couple of short dreams during the last month. It's likely I actually had more, but I can't remember anything else.

I had a dream I had bought a Moomin book to Fea but forgot to give it to her when I met her and found it in my backpack a week or two later. I was sorry I hadn't given her anything, but when I woke up I realised that wasn't quite the case.

Then I had a dream we Finns visited Shasta's mother who was a rather interesting person. I couldn't for the life in me remember Shasta's name and called him by Gwath's name. That was very weird of my subconscious because I never thought they resemble each other particularly much.

In the last dream I remember, I found out Inziladun was in fact Bill Clinton.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #1741
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
That isn't really out of ordinary, you know!
I know.

Quote:
It's definitely easier to make tea with an electric kettle!
It is indeed! I only wish I owned one...
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #1742
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
In the last dream I remember, I found out Inziladun was in fact Bill Clinton.

I don't think I look like him! And if I'd been acting like him, my wife would probably not be as serene about it as Hilary was.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #1743
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post

I don't think I look like him! And if I'd been acting like him, my wife would probably not be as serene about it as Hilary was.
No I don't think so either! Apparently you were supposed to be Bill Clinton when he was younger. I wondered why you walked around boldly without any bodyguards.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #1744
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
No I don't think so either! Apparently you were supposed to be Bill Clinton when he was younger. I wondered why you walked around boldly without any bodyguards.
I'll take his charisma, but I don't want his looks.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #1745
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post

I wish I could rep you for that.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #1746
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I recently had a dream that a poor black woman had appeared at the phantom's doorstep and told him she was expecting his child. The phantom had to apologise to all his 'downer friends that he couldn't be around any longer because he would have to concentrate on taking care of his new family. He was especially sorry to quit his correspondance with Greenie and Wilwa.

PS. Boro you're my favourite dream-interpretator but you have to admit Ohio isn't the most interesting of places!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #1747
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lommy- that reminds me SO MUCH of that game we played where we took turns writing lines! Remember- the one where Aganzir wrote that I slaughtered the poor innocent baby girl that was left on my doorstep? Ha ha ha!

I wish I could post those stories somewhere on the forum!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #1748
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Lommy- that reminds me SO MUCH of that game we played where we took turns writing lines! Remember- the one where Aganzir wrote that I slaughtered the poor innocent baby girl that was left on my doorstep? Ha ha ha!

I wish I could post those stories somewhere on the forum!
You forgot to mention the baby was yours.

And even if you don't post them on the Downs, you should post them on Facebook. Or Photobucket, that way there's a chance we can actually read the handwritings. Anyway the dream reminded me of it too.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #1749
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yeah, the difference is just that in the dream you took the responsibility instead of slaughtering the innocent baby.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #1750
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
"Halbuguz?"
*is amused (and flattered to figure in phantom's dreams)*
Old 07-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #1751
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
While I was staying at Diamond's house, I dreamed of telling Rune a dream I had of him some time back. The dream within a dream involved Rune traveling across a desert on an epic quest to find some guy, whereupon Dream Rune wrinkles his face and says "A guy?" with extreme disgust on his face.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #1752
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I had a dream that was more lotr then Barrow-Downs. But TGEW was in it! We were on the Arizona Colorado border running for our lives because all around us was Orcs. Tgew turned around and screamed 'It's Melkor!' which made the situation even worse. It took us forever of hiding in a school building, attempting to hijack a car, and killing a few Orcs, but finaly we got to our own truck and started running over orcs. (Bye-bye paint job!) We turned up a small road to pull out a map to see where we were. After a while I gave up and just used my iPod. Turns out we weren't far from a high way and a resturant! The debate ended when we turned around a saw orcs running at us. I woke up after falling asleep in the truck.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #1753
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

This is where TomTom comes in handy. It's never failed me. Ever.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #1754
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
TomTom? What are you talking about?
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #1755
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
TomTom? What are you talking about?
If we were lost we could have just used TomTom. It's very useful.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #1756
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
If we were lost we could have just used TomTom. It's very useful.
The urge to make a Bombadil joke is huge, even for me. *resists* Also, I hate GPS systems. They don't generally account for road construction and they get me confused all the time.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #1757
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
and they get me confused all the time.
I think that's primarily because you often confuse right and left.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #1758
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
The urge to make a Bombadil joke is huge, even for me. *resists* Also, I hate GPS systems. They don't generally account for road construction and they get me confused all the time.
TomToms really are made of evil. We had one in Britain and it kept getting us lost. We had to use two maps, a road atlas, and the locals to get around. And we still got lost. That may have had something to do with the fact that my mother missed turns. A lot. Not with the navigator. But I digress.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #1759
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I think that's primarily because you often confuse right and left.
No, that would be Shasta. *snuggles him*

In other news, the Finns tied me up and refused to let me go to work at some point this week. (This just so I can pretend I'm staying on topic. Heh.)

ETA: Whoops! x'd with TGEW

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-24-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #1760
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
We turned up a small road to pull out a map to see where we were. After a while I gave up and just used my iPod. Turns out we weren't far from a high way and a resturant! The debate ended when we turned around a saw orcs running at us. I woke up after falling asleep in the truck.
Wow, just last night my uncle was insisting that there were no such things as maps in America (or GPS, or anything) and that everyone relied entirely on verbal directions.