The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #1801
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So, dream last night, background first.

In Rikae's WW game, on the last day of craziness, I made clear I was voting early and I had to leave, would not return for the rest of the day. Phantom makes a brilliant jerk-play as a cobbler, fake revealing as the seer and begging that I come back to back him up because he knew I was the hunter (thus the real hunter elrond, was lying). Although he would have definitely known I would not be coming back, so as I said, tricksy, false phantom.

Well, I had a dream, where phantom was explaining to everyone how he precisely knew I would not be back to spoil his plans, by pretty much stalking my every movement.

First he said he saw my facebook status that I would be elswhere for the weekend, crossed-referenced with my BD post saying I wouldn't be back until late saturday. To thoroughly make sure I was not luring him into a trap, and would triumphantly return to tell everyone what a liar he was...he looked at my twitter page (which I honestly do not have one people! ) to see that I was at dinner with two other people. Somehow, he got the number of one of the people I was with, called him to make sure indeed I was there eating dinner and that I would not be back on a computer before 11 pm EST.

The End.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #1802
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If my dreams are to be believed, Fea and Mira are actually several hundred years old vampire sisters under false identities and they both also have dreadlocks.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #1803
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
First he said he saw my facebook status that I would be elswhere for the weekend, crossed-referenced with my BD post saying I wouldn't be back until late saturday. To thoroughly make sure I was not luring him into a trap, and would triumphantly return to tell everyone what a liar he was...he looked at my twitter page (which I honestly do not have one people! ) to see that I was at dinner with two other people. Somehow, he got the number of one of the people I was with, called him to make sure indeed I was there eating dinner and that I would not be back on a computer before 11 pm EST.
Well, I spent the last part of that Day wondering if he had done something like that.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #1804
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Last night I dreamt that it was Fea's birthday, so with the help of Mira I figured out that she would be going to this pub-like place. I'm a little fuzzy on how I actually got there, but I went in, gave the bartender an envelope with a card in it that said "Surprise!" and told him to buy her a drink. Then I went over to a dark table and put my hood up and waited. Soon Fea and Mira came in, the bartender gave her the envelope and pointed my way. Fea, being naturally curious, came right over and sat down and asked, "Do I know you?"

At this point I cackled low in my throat and said menacingly, "No, but I know you!"

I'm not very menacing, though, apparently, because Fea was unfazed.

"No, seriously. Do I know you?"

I sighed and threw back my hood. "You were supposed to be scared."

"SHASTICLE!"

And there was much rejoicing. I was sad upon awaking that I wasn't in fact in New York, sitting in a pub with Fea and Mira.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #1805
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I remember dreaming last night that the phantom had resigned from the site (can you even do that? I doubt it, but such are dreams). This didn't quite hit me until I woke up, at which point I immediately rushed onto the computer with the intention of A) checking the Members List and one of his posts, to make sure he was still there, and either B1) sobbing if he wasn't or B2) posting on this thread if he was. I almost repped him for still being here (although I'm still wondering . . . The Members List had his last visit at N/A . . . )
Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #1806
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Don't worry, Bom. Why would Phanty resign?
I think it says N/A for those who are on invisible mode (which means that you don't see if they're online)...
Old 03-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #1807
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Phantom resigning is crazy! Hookie would kill him.

edit: you just gave me a good idea for tha newspaper!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #1808
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Two nights ago I dreamed I was at a Barrowdowns party, and I taught another guy the Rhumba (Latin dance). I have no idea who the other guy was. I remember Feanor of the Peredhil was there, too.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #1809
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
And you didn't teach me the Rhumba? I am disappointed...

However I think it is only fair to admit that I have had a mostly unbroken string of dreams about our resident Finns, specifically Aganzir. Typically Lommy and Greenie area also present. Occasionally Nog makes a guest appearance. Many times Boromir88 is somehow involved.

In last night's dream, after the arrival of Lommy and Greenie distracted Agan and I from something, Boro and I realized we had to go on patrols to make sure no vampires were out. We took our stakes and our cell phones and went out. I found myself on a subway in New York City trying to get to Brinniel's apartment so that I could get to school. I lost Aganzir's cell phone number and ran into a friend of mine from school in a pizzeria in uptown Manhatten. The pizzeria was, also, oddly, a fake and kitschy haunted house. I spent much of the rest of the dream switching from train to train, trying to get to the 'yellow line' which was the route that went past my school and had an aquarium and chocolate shop on the southern end of it, by a river and railroad. Whilst train hopping, I kept trying to call the Finns to see them one more time before their flight out of the city.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #1810
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This dream happened a while ago but I just remembered it with Fea's string of Finn dreams.

I was in Finland (and I'm assuming at either Lommy's, Agan's, Greenie's, or Nog's place, because they were all there as well as Fea).

One of the Finns also must have a few cats because two cats were acting really strange around me. Way too affectionate to be cats as they were rolling around at me feet, brushing around, acting like they wanted their tummies rubbed. Then the cats started spitting up grimy radioactive looking water that got on my legs.

Cut to we were by water, lots of sand, beautiful sky, mountains in the background. I was feeling really sick though and Nog was like "ah you've just got a stomach bug, you'll be ok." I kept harping on I think those cats infected me with something, because that was disgusting water they coughed up. Fea and Agan went on an investigative search to figure out my possible ailment. Greenie and Lommy were near by trying to comfort me, Nog was walking along the coast still laughing it off as much to do about nothing.

Until finally I was like "Oh, really? Much to do about nothing. Does this look like a stomach bug to you!" I went running towards the water and this big, scary, whale-sized piranha leaped out, coming after me, gnashing big scary teeth.

That's all I remember, hopefully I didn't get eaten and hopefully there are no giant sized, sharp teeth, Boro-eating piranhas in Finland.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #1811
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ahaha, Boro your subconscious seems to be warning you against going to Finland. Poor you! *hugs*
Old 04-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #1812
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had a dream about the Finns recently too!! I apparently wasn't lame and didn't miss you when you came to the States and we met up and then the rest of the dream was me trying to find somewhere nice to eat when I had no idea where I was.

AND CATS ARE AFFECTIONATE.

Erm, anyway....
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #1813
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a bunch of weird BD-related dreams last night.

In one Boro was singing a song called "John and his car" and basically the point of the song was that there was John whose car was called John. Mith and I tried to figure out if the guy had named the car after himself or the other way around.

In the second one Aganzir and I and our two RL friends were playing our tabletop RPG and Esty was our guest. We were drinking cider and offered her some, but she refused with the excuse "you are so young, and I'm married to a 59-year old man". Then she was showing us adorable photos of her family (there was at least one of a cute small kid sitting on an altar in a church).

In the last one I got a very long sms from an unknown number. It took me a long time to figure who had sent it, because it was signed as "Kelly Armstrong" and I had no idea who that was until I found a tiny post script saying "also known as Nerwen". Basically she was telling she was arranging an event for people who considered living abroad and asked if I could come there to tell them about my experiences. I was trying to say that although I'd love to see Australia, it's so far away it make little sense to go there for just one weekend considering the price of the tickets and the duration of the flights. She didn't quite catch my drift until I suggested she could ask my former music teacher, an Australian guy who worked as a teacher in Finland and is nowadays a professional photographer. I said: "Although I understand if it doesn't work out, he might not be in Australia at the moment and even if he is, he might not be from anywhere close to you since your country is quite big..."

Don't ask, my subconscious is weird. But my personal favourite is still from a few weeks ago (I forgot to post it then): I was on my summer cottage, walking in the forest. I saw a huge wolverine between the trees. "Oh my god!" I thought. "I never knew wolverines were so big!!!" I ran back to the cottage to tell everybody what I had seen, but once I arrived, Rune had joined the company, wearing a wolverine suit. "I guess that explains the size," I thought, a little annoyed that he had managed to fool me.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #1814
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen

*is scrutinizing her reflection for signs of Kelly-ness*
Old 06-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #1815
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Discussing song lyrics? About cars..normally Lommie's subconscious is trying to kill me in car related incendiary incidents. I do name my cars though. My longest serving one was Bertie (short for Roberto - it was a Fiat) current one, somewhat optimistically called Stiggy. My sister had minis called Molly and Elvis and her current Beetle is Maisie.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #1816
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Hehe, I would create my own song called "John and his car" Chorus would be...

John and his car,
It's gold and covered in tar.

And try to make it work with an Eric Clapton tune.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #1817
blantyr
Wight

blantyr is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Hehe, I would create my own song called "John and his car" Chorus would be...

John and his car,
It's gold and covered in tar.

And try to make it work with an Eric Clapton tune.
Is your car any relation to Tar Phazon the Golden?
blantyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #1818
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
normally Lommie's subconscious is trying to kill me in car related incendiary incidents
Lommy's subconscious tries to kill everybody, sooner or later.

The other night I dreamed I checked the Downs and found that the King's Players RPG thread had been closed down because the latest plot development might inspire juvenile readers to commit arson and burglary. I had a heated discussion with pio and Fea and pleaded artistic liberty, but found myself preaching to deaf ears and being told again and again, "Sorry, but this is a family friendly site." (Surprisingly, neither Urwen nor the Tolkien Estate were involved.) The funny thing is that even while fuming and yelling through my keyboard I was thinking, "This is absurd! They wouldn't do that!"
Old 06-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #1819
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It succeeded with me (fortunately only in her subconscious) eventually....

Old 06-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #1820
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
The other night I dreamed I checked the Downs and found that the King's Players RPG thread had been closed down because the latest plot development might inspire juvenile readers to commit arson and burglary.
You know what's funny? The other night I dreamed that me and Coldan are searching for Therian in Ingold's inn. I'm probably thinking about that game too much.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #1821
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
You know what's funny? The other night I dreamed that me and Coldan are searching for Therian in Ingold's inn. I'm probably thinking about that game too much.
Me too, obviously. *imagines writing a scene wherein Therian's corpse is found in an empty wine barrel in Ingold's cellar*
Old 06-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #1822
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Mith - I seem to have traumatised you with my murderous subconscious! I'm sorry.
Pitch - that is hilarious!
Boro - I'm convinced you are far more inclined to be poetic than my subconscious.
Nerwen - I know, it's confusing. You don't look like your name was Kelly, at all - and besides there's one other 'downer of that name anyway...
Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #1823
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I start twitching when I see white cars..

Old 06-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #1824
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantyr View Post
Is your car any relation to Tar Phazon the Golden?
Hahaha that just made my whole day.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #1825
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I just had one . . . about Boromir111 (most definitely not Boromir88, though he had the same avatar) discussing Istari celibacy.

I used to have interesting dreams, not disgusting ones, you know.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #1826
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh but Bom, Istari celibacy can be so interesting! Want to know all there is about it?

So, I had a nap in the afternoon a few days ago (this is not a surprise for me), but it is a bit of a surprise to have an afternoon nap dream. It was really short, all I remember is getting a text from Fea. Don't know what she said but my reply was "make sure Gandalf tells you where all the best make-up is at." I'm guessing, we were holding Gandalf hostage and trying to get vital information out of him?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #1827
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a couple of Barrow-Downs dreams during Finlandmoot.

In the first one, Lommy accused Legate of being too clean and innocent. Legate protested and pointed at a white stain on the floor: "No I'm not! For example I know where that came from!"

In the other one, an unidentified male Downer tried to please me by playing Greenie's kantele.

I'm pretty sure there were others as well but can't remember them.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #1828
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I dreamed someone slit Oddwen's throat at a Tolkien convention because she had said the Lord of the Rings wasn't very good and questioned the fact that Tolkien had written Everyman. I didn't understand why everyone was shocked because I was so busy trying to play the cello.

I also had a dream The Barrow-Wight posted on I met a fellow BDer and criticised my moot post heavily because it was "way too long. And who do you think wants to see all those pictures?" I said something very nasty to him in return but can't remember what it was.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #1829
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
This dream is quite dark, but it well summarizes my subconscious ultimate trust of Nogrod.

It was a school bus. Full. Someone shot an arrow at a very small child and pointed out that the boy had lost fifteen pounds, that he was dying, that his parents never should have let him live.

A man stood up to kill the boy. He pulled a syringe from a box above the driver. Nogrod stood and put himself between the man and the child.

They wrestled. Nogrod got the syringe from the man. The man dove for the little boy. Nogrod jammed the needle into the man's neck and released all of the poison into his blood.

You don't mess with children around Nogrod.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #1830
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Fea, your dream scares me.

I had a really weird dream tonight. It was so weird because it was so... normal. No flying cars or anything like that.

It begun when Bethberry and another female Downer (I don't remember which) spontaneously came over to my house. I don't remember what we talked about, but then I felt hungry and went to the kitchen to get something to eat for all of us, and when I came back they were both gone.

Must be the effects of Finlandmoot. :P
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #1831
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I just woke up from a dream wherin Aganzir and I were walking down the street of an unidentified European town. I believe we were part of a larger moot, and returning from an outing in the Great Outdoors.

We walked back to skip spence and Pitchwife's apartment (aw, young love), where we were staying, when I spotted a familiar face in the crowd.

"Isn't that The Barrow Wight?" I asked of Aganzir.

"I don't know, it could be," she replied.

So we go up and introduce ourselves. The Wight brusquely admits he doesn't know us, but agrees to join the moot for dinner. He stomps up the stairs to the apartment, and then we hear this voice from above:

"The Barrow Wight requires a coffin, a gallon of lighter fluid, some sharp sticks and coal."

Aganzir and I panic because we don't know where to find any of these things, and then I wake up.

I hope The Wighty enjoyed his dinner.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #1832
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

This reminds me - in one of those short nights during Finlandmoot, I dreamed that I woke up in the morning and somebody told me that Kath had committed suicide in the night. I vividly remember the feeling of total shock - I just couldn't understand why she would do this in the first place, and at a time like that, when we had all been having fun together and feeling good just a few hours before.

I trust you're alive and cheerful, Kath. Sorry, I must have caught the dream virus from Lommy.

And the other night I dreamed I was back in Helsinki, on the morning of my departure, waiting for the post office to open so I could buy some stamps. The post office looked none like it does in RL, it was much smaller and somehow in the same building as Nog's flat and besieged by a horde of bums in tartan suits who were trying to steal my cash, but I somehow managed to get behind their lines.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #1833
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Despite my apparently suicidal tendencies I am glad that I still grace someone's dreams!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #1834
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
It's been some time since I've had a BD-related dream, and today I had some, probably having something to do with my mind still jumping back to Finlandmoot.

I was back in Nog's appartment together with Lommy and Greenie, the time of the year was basically "now", so it was like I just came back there for a visit. Suddenly a doorbell rang, we were like: "What is that?" and Nog wondered something about postmen or door-to-door dealers. I went to open the door, and there I saw the corridor in front of the door stuffed with the rest of the Finlandmooters, at least there was Esty and Pitch and Oddwen and probably others - the only thing I recall for sure is that Kath wasn't there, since she was elsewhere in Southern Europe. And as we all gazed at the incomers in total surprise, Esty stepped into the door and announced loudly: "Well, we are back!"
And it indeed turned out that they all agreed to come back to Finland together, since they had been thinking that there was much that we had not managed to do during their stay. The only thing I recall after that was that I was worried about Nog's time schedule, since he didn't have holiday anymore, and that I felt a bit uncomfortable since apparently all the people assumed that they will once again stay in his appartment, and he obviously wasn't expecting it this time.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:14 AM   #1835
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
I went to open the door, and there I saw the corridor in front of the door stuffed with the rest of the Finlandmooters, at least there was Esty and Pitch and Oddwen and probably others - the only thing I recall for sure is that Kath wasn't there, since she was elsewhere in Southern Europe. And as we all gazed at the incomers in total surprise, Esty stepped into the door and announced loudly: "Well, we are back!"
And it indeed turned out that they all agreed to come back to Finland together, since they had been thinking that there was much that we had not managed to do during their stay.
Aww! Can you guys do that for real?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #1836
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
That must have been my clone* - I'll very likely be travelling in the opposite direction, though I'd love to rejoin all of you!

* I do hope no clones were harmed in the making of that dream!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #1837
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night before last I dreamed I made a road trip to meet the phantom, Sally, Mnemo and Fea. phanty kept turning things into a game of WW. Not just referencing it, literally every time I opened my eyes he was accusing me of werewolfery and urging everyone to vote for me. It was awkward to blink. Sally just poked me and giggled. Mnemo and Fea sat next to me all the time and glared daggers.

Last night I dreamed I was on a frantic search for something. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember that Diamond18 was trying to help but was busy with school.

Nothing like spending time with people to make you dream about...other people.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #1838
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I had an interesting downs dream last night, but amusingly, in it a downer that is a girl, was a guy... slightly disturbing when I checked up on it this morning...

However, I think this dream was sparked because of all the fun you folks had at the Findlandmoot. Cause I dreamed you all came to visit Foley and I down here. There were lots of you, and it was quite fun. Downer's specifically noted were Oddwen, Kath, Elempi, Lhunardwen (is that her name? I don't know if I'm spelling it right...), and then others that weren't named in the dream. Oh, and Foley.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #1839
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
I dreamed you all came to visit Foley and I down here. There were lots of you, and it was quite fun. Downer's specifically noted were Oddwen, Kath, Elempi, Lhunardwen (is that her name? I don't know if I'm spelling it right...), and then others that weren't named in the dream. Oh, and Foley.
What did we do?
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #1840
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
What did we do?
Well, you headed up a game of Werewolf (in the bed of our truck...), but it was only a 5 player game, so I stepped out so someone else could play. So Foley played that with you and a few others (who were probably named in the dream, but by the time I woke up I didn't remember who they were).

Lhuna hooked elbows with me and we "took a turn around the yard", meeting Oddwen and Kath who were excitedly taking a walk (that's the best I can explain it. I think they may have been skipping...). Then a rabbit came from under the house and stole Lhuna's flashlight (which I have no idea why she had, as it was daylight), so she and I went under the house to get it back, and either she challenged one of them, or one of them challenged her, but whatever the case, they agreed to have a battle (all in fun), so I walked up front, around which time the dream ended.

Lovely, eh? I think Lhuna and I would get along capitally, as long as there are no rabbits around.