The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #1841
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You have rabbits in your dreams? Now I'm worried.

But why would I head up a 5 player game of werewolf? The logistics would be a nightmare! Ah well, dreams are dreams.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #1842
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So, a few nights ago I had a dream involving the sinister phantom.

For an unknown reason I was riding in a car with him in the area in which I live, and was allowing him to drive the vehicle. That alone is frightening enough. But then, I looked at the sky and saw a tornado wall cloud very near us. As I watched, a fairly large, Wedge Tornado dropped down. Immediately phantom turned the car straight toward it saying "We've gotta see this!". I grabbed the wheel and tried to pull it back the other way, saying "No! We'll get killed!". With phantom and I fighting for control of the car, and a few choice words on both parts, it ended.

I wonder if that's not some sort of odd subconscious symbolism relating to WW.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #1843
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'd totally see the tornado.

Findy, I thought that LMP, Lhuna and Foley would have turned your place into a Meadhall, not a wolfpack.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:20 AM   #1844
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a bit of an odd Downer dream!

While in my local shop I found Aganzir tearing up the floorboards. She said she needed to hide from Rune who had discovered her "secret!" Never found out what this secret was, but once the floorboards were up we found a wine cellar. Within said cellar we found the phantom. He was drunk and smashing the place up, complaining that no one takes him seriously any more.
The wine cellar turned out to be a tunnel that lead onto a beach near the coast of Finland. Aganzir explained that this was how she had got to Britain in the first place. Rune would never think to look for her at home, after all!

I guess we have to wonder what secret Rune uncovered and why it was so important for Aganzir to hide. I SMELL A CONSPIRACY!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:40 AM   #1845
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Unfortunately I can't shed light on the secret Rune discovered because I have no clue about which one of them it is. However one thing is sure - if he did discover something he wasn't meant to know, I wouldn't hide. I'd hide him. Preferably in a sack.

In any case that's a brilliant dream, even the phantom part.

I also loved Fea's Nog dream and Pitch's Kath dream. Speaking of which, some time ago I had a dream I learned TGEW had died in mysterious circumstances so I travelled to Tennessee to find out what had happened to her and discovered she was alive but her parents had taken away her internet access. This is the lengths I would go to for people I care about.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #1846
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Last night or the night before I dreamed of attending a BD megamoot and playing a megagame of live WW with a huge crowd of people. It all took place in a huge kind of circus tent, and we were seated in tiers on tiers of benches stacked on top of each other, which made the place look like a cross between the Imperial Senate from Star Wars and the Klingon law court in Star Trek VI. Everybody was talking at the top of their voices at the same time, mostly about things completely unrelated to the game, which irked me because I was sure Mithalwen was a wolf but nobody would listen to me, and I don't think we ever got around to lynching anybody.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #1847
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Last night or the night before I dreamed of attending a BD megamoot and playing a megagame of live WW with a huge crowd of people. It all took place in a huge kind of circus tent, and we were seated in tiers on tiers of benches stacked on top of each other, which made the place look like a cross between the Imperial Senate from Star Wars and the Klingon law court in Star Trek VI. Everybody was talking at the top of their voices at the same time, mostly about things completely unrelated to the game, which irked me because I was sure Mithalwen was a wolf but nobody would listen to me, and I don't think we ever got around to lynching anybody.
"Order! We shall have order...!"

Anyway, psychoanalysis says: Obviously you haven't come yet on terms with the subconscious frustration of not lynching the WWs you suspected at Finlandmoot.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #1848
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I guess psychoanalysis is right.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #1849
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
In any case that's a brilliant dream, even the phantom part.
Even the phantom part?! I say especially the Phantom part!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #1850
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I see a pattern of phantom invading dreams. He's obviously using some of that alien technology to influence us subconsciously. Down with you, fiend!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #1851
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Even the phantom part?! I say especially the Phantom part!
The best part is the one that involved me.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #1852
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Good golly, I have been dreaming of moots for days. Last night I dreamed that the phantom, instead of starting the thread he's been promising, revived one of his old threads for a major moot. There were dozens of people there, and the thread was being updated blindingly fast. The in-jokes in the signatures and location lines were changing every ten minutes. Member SamwiseGamgee was apparently some sort of admin, and was editing pictures into everyone's profiles. Every avatar and pic was blingee'd into sparkly, distracting oblivion. SamwiseGamgee would not stop talking about Brinniel's attractive jeans or Encai, or something he called "The Violin Crew". Ithaeliel and Rikae were quadruple and septuple posting about how awesome everything was.

I was sad because I was two hours away but couldn't come because of work.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #1853
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Last night I dreamed my Mom joined the Barrow-downs. She had apparently joined in '07, under the name "pannanna", but hadn't posted much until the past few days.

I saw this banned user pannanna under the online now list, and clicked their post history. Imagine my shock when I discover that this is my Mom, and she's talking about me, and she's calling newbies "b*tches", and started a really complicated game thread called "Attempted Rape" (). It had nothing to do with sexual assault of any kind, but was still offensive somehow. (the phantom posted on this thread, trying valiantly to save it because it had merits as a game despite the name I guess?) I called my Mom to ask her about it, and she was fuming that she was banned, because she had a bunch of song parodies she wanted to post.

Then The Barrow-Wight PMs me, saying how it's all well and good that I have family members on the site, but now I was under watch because my Mom had posted so much about me, and also because I insisted on posting on the phantom's troll thread. He revealed to me that "the phantom is going to be kicked out of Mirth, and I have taken his thread starting ability away".

It was very traumatizing, as I can't imagine my Mom even wanting to join the BDs, much less acting as she did in my dream.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #1854
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I dreamed that Kath and Hookbill and I kidnapped a man. It was great fun and we had a great time until Kath spent several hours telling me just how mad I was. It must have been wintertime because I remember her in a bright red hat while waving her mittened hands around frantically.

I wish I could remember where we left our kidnappee...

Old 11-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #1855
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Apparently Sally was innocent, but [my real name] was a wolf. Everyone was quite adamant about this, and despite my protests, I was killed and replaced with....myself.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #1856
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had a dream last night with Elempi in it. I went to visit him under very averse situations and had to run and hide for my life at least once...
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #1857
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Were you hiding from Elempi?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #1858
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nope.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #1859
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Last night I dreamed someone I know murdered her boyfriend and Oddwen documented the act with a video camera, saying it was art. Then she and Diamond proceeded to shave their heads.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #1860
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

WARNING: read at your own risk.

A couple nights ago I dreamt that Elempi said that Saeryn is crazy, to which Foley replied that "Rowenna is worse". This escalated into a fora-wide feud. Pio told them to stop it or she will close down the whole RP section, and someone told her that only the BWH can do that. Esty suggested that the SMH should become it's own forum, separate from the Downs, because at this point people were quoting Foley and Elempi instead of Tolkien. I was trying to shush everyone up because I had something very important to say, though I don't remember what.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #1861
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

This. Is. Hilarious!

Maybe we ought to start this on the Scarburg discussion thread just for fun.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #1862
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Sting <- Murder weapon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Last night I dreamed someone I know murdered her boyfriend and Oddwen documented the act with a video camera, saying it was art. Then she and Diamond proceeded to shave their heads.
Beautiful, blood-red passionate art. What else could Diamond and I do but streamline ourselves into this brand new world?

Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #1863
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Last night I had a dream somebody complimented Rune's style, saying it was exactly like Jacqueline Kennedy's.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #1864
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Last night I dreamed that Legate, Eonwe and I killed The Squatter of Amon Rudh. It was jolly good fun.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #1865
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Last night I dreamed that Legate, Eonwe and I killed The Squatter of Amon Rudh. It was jolly good fun.
If Squatter would like a personal bodyguard, I'm always open to a little extra cash.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #1866
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I should have been involved. Killing Squatter is the most fun I've ever had with a child!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #1867
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about this...
Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #1868
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about this...
You should feel proud. You've just helped rid the neighbourhood of a tennant who doesn't pay his rents.

~~~

I don't know how I could have forgotten: I dreamed this a couple weeks or so ago. I opened the Downs homepage, just to see the whole formatting and structure completely different. It was still green on black, but all the sub-forums were re-named and relocated. I was trying to get to the Announcement forum to ask what the Udun is happening but couldn't even find it!

I guess it shows how computer-illiterate I am.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #1869
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Oddwen, do you have a Numenorian lineage?

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=690
Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #1870
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had my first Downs related dream in a while yesterday.

A large group of us were at a mall on a panel discussing relationships made online. I remember a few people answering questions then when someone asked me something I was giving a rather longwinded answer and Fea told me to shut up Something about Facebook and the Downs and how they were interconnected...

Very odd...
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #1871
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Last night I had a dream about ROTR and the attached Downer moot. Not the celebrations themselves, but the travelling to and from. The dream looked kind of like one of those news reports on TV - you get flashes of relevant information, and snippets of interviews, and you just "know" what's going on as if that voice is telling you the story...

Anyways, I dreamt that Rune wanted to meet the Downers flooding into Brittain, but he could not (or did not want to) go himself, so he asked (or more like just told it as a matter of fact) those comming to go via Copenhagen. And people went, with no more than a shrug of shoulders (and no fuss about extra expenses or changing flight tickets!). Bethberry had a cup of tea with him at the airport, and was quite content to go the long way for that. Legate stayed for day and just hung out with Rune. In an "interview" he said that it was definitely worth it, and "why not?". Kath came too, because she didn't want to be left out. There were others, too, but like in any news report they only show you a few of the participants, never all.

For some reason Rune always saw everyone separately, one-on-one, not as a group. And it was windy in Copenhagen.

It helps that I read the ROTR thread the night before...
Old 08-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #1872
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So, this is kind of a series of dreams to catch up on that seem, to my subconscious somehow all related. The first one was some time ago...

What I can remember is I tossed an object (it may have been a baseball) at Wilwa and since she missed it, it hit her in the face. I rushed over with an "awww! oh nos, wilwa!" and then suddenly there was Menel, but dream ends.

Next one was a few days ago...but is even hazier. I can remember in the kitchen Brinn chucking green beans at me (missed and went sailing over my head) and then Menel there too, but again, dream ended.

And last night, I dreamt I remembered these dreams and posted them on this thread, but they highly offended the B-W and he immediately banned me forever.

I need a dream interpretter, and I sure hope the last one wasn't a seerish foresight.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-08-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #1873
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I see a pattern emerging. There's always something being thrown (out). And there is Menel.

Hmm.

Cool dreams. But I do hope as well the last one wasn't seerish foresight!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #1874
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What do the names Wilwaren and Brinn mean? Do you know them well?

These kinds of remembered dreams have more to do with fears we don't want to face than anything prophetic. Menelmacar is the warrior hero. He comes to the rescue twice. That's interesting.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #1875
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
What do the names Wilwaren and Brinn mean? Do you know them well?

These kinds of remembered dreams have more to do with fears we don't want to face than anything prophetic. Menelmacar is the warrior hero. He comes to the rescue twice. That's interesting.
Well, I've met both in real life at a few moots, so I'd say yes...or well enough. And nothing that would cause me to want to hit either in the face with objects. Nor can I think of doing anything that would make one of them want to throw frozen foods at my head.

Menelmacar is interesting...but I'm not sure I needed saving, at least not from Wilwa and Brinn.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #1876
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What does Menel do when he comes on the scene?

If the dream quits before he does anything - I've done this - get yourself into that state of mind where you're imagining yourself back in the dream and let it continue - continue the dream - awake - and see what happens. You may be surprised. But you gotta be honest with yourself and let it play out "real", if you know what I mean. The human brain is an amazing thing.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #1877
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I just wish Boro would stop avoiding me.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #1878
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A few nights ago I had a dream involving a few Downers, including Mithalwen, and a collapsing house. It's quite hazy now, and all I remember is that I thought Mith was a fake Mith because she was not acting like Mith at all. Oh, and a house was collapsing.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #1879
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
A few nights ago I had a dream involving a few Downers, including Mithalwen, and a collapsing house. It's quite hazy now, and all I remember is that I thought Mith was a fake Mith because she was not acting like Mith at all. Oh, and a house was collapsing.
Didn't I say Mith was a wolf 32 posts on this thread ago? Glad you finally see it.

Also, I recently dreamed I met Nog on the campus of Mayence University (where I work), and it turned out he was staying as a guest lecturer for the semester. (No idea what he was going to teach, but my guess would be lycanthropology.)
Old 08-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #1880
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Didn't I say Mith was a wolf 32 posts on this thread ago? Glad you finally see it.
Did you suspect her because she was all bossy and thephantom?

(seriously, thephantom should be added to the dictionary as an adjective )

Oh, and Nog was probably lecturing about proper Day One performances. :P