The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #1881
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
(seriously, thephantom should be added to the dictionary as an adjective )
Now that would be really thephantom!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #1882
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A few nights ago I kept waking up and stuff and it was totally not thephantom, but on the good side I had a whole 2 BD-related dreams in one night.

The first one is as follows. I dreamt that Menel was judging a round of Taters to Taters and I won because he said something along the lines of "I think G55's word is funny". I don't know how he knew which word is my word, since I don't think I knew myself. And Boro didn't mind, and so I won. Yay.

The second one was about this Downer mini-moot. There were Boro, wilwa, Glirdy, and myself. We were sitting and talking in a house that doesn't belong to either of us (if anyone is wondering it was a dimly lit living room empty of everything except a bunch of smelly couches and this weird-looking table, and I have no idea whose it is) and eating grapes. Then the grapes ran out. Boro went somewhere. And wilwa and Glirdy started talking about something I didn't know, understand, or be a part of, and I started feeling rather bored and out of place. Yeah.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #1883
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
The second one was about this Downer mini-moot. There were Boro, wilwa, Glirdy, and myself. We were sitting and talking in a house that doesn't belong to either of us (if anyone is wondering it was a dimly lit living room empty of everything except a bunch of smelly couches and this weird-looking table, and I have no idea whose it is) and eating grapes. Then the grapes ran out. Boro went somewhere. And wilwa and Glirdy started talking about something I didn't know, understand, or be a part of, and I started feeling rather bored and out of place. Yeah.
At least your subconscious knew what I do when bored and out of place? Casually slip out, bolt, and go somewhere else.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #1884
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Pipe

Last night I dreamed that I was hosting a Eurovision party for a bunch of Downers. I don't remember many details, except that Kath performed an a capella version of "Waterloo".

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #1885
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Another one..... I need to stop being obsessed with moots!

Yes, it is about a Downer moot. This time a pretty big moot. I dunno where it is, though.

So I arrive at that foreign place and find the right (hotel-y) building where everyone is supposed to lodge for the moot. I find our "room". It's actually the size of a huge apartment with a few bedrooms, and we all live in it. It's the middle of the night, so I find my bed and go to sleep.

When I wake up I find out that I am sharing a room with Greenie, who sleeps on the opposite side of it in her own bed. She is just getting up and she does not see me, because she is busy looking for some clothes to change into. So I come up to her from behind, put my hands over her eyes, and ask, "Guess who?" She squeaks "Galadrieeeeel?", because apparanty she did not know that I came the night before. I say, "Yes, and I am also wearing a green cardigan!" (I know not why we were talking about cardigans when we really were reffering to nightgowns) Now that makes Greenie very excited, because she loves the colour green and she loves nightgowns and she especially love green nightgowns. So we go to the kitchen and sit down together and discuss bed clothes. I also find out from Greenie that I am one of the first Downers to be there. That morning there were herself, Nog, and perhaps a couple others I can't recall right now.

Now, for your information, I do not close people's eyes and say "guess who", and "cardigans" is not part of my active vocabulary. But I do have a green nightgown, and, coincidentally - or not - I wore it the night I had this dream.

So anyways, after Greenie and I discussed nightclothes, mooters, life, and everything, we got dressed, met the people who were already there, and greeted some new arivals (among which were Rune and Legate). At one point Eomer and Cailin arrived with lots of bags and a little cute son of theirs. Apparently Cailin is actually my mother's cousin who lives in Isreal (she really has a cousin there, just she's not Cailin). So my mother, who magically appears there, tries to talk to them in Hebrew, and ends up getting all the grammar wrong because she only knows a few words and no grammar. I correct her, and Cailin seems very pleased to know that I know some Hebrew.

However, Cailin and Eomer are upset that there is not enough chocolate milk. It is an essential part of the toddler's diet and no one at all can survive without it. We all calm them down, and with a collective effort produce a huge cask of brown sweet liquid. Cailin is very picky when it comes to chocolate milk, so she was not extatic, but she stopped frowning. I must tell you now that the cask looked more like something that could contain laundry detergent, but it looked like chocolate milk, and smelled like chocolate milk, and even tasted like it...

So finally most of us have arrived, the chocolate milk got sorted out, and it's supper time. There is a very long table with all kinds of food, and we sit around. As we eat, I find I am very concerned that I have difficulty recognizing who is which Downer for most of them. And there is a person sitting across from me who I don't know at all, and this bothers me immensely. I am convinced that he is somehow Saucy, but in the back of my mind something is telling me that he looks way too different from the photo-Sauce, and he looks more like a teenager than an adult. So in my head I am shuffling through Downers, trying to figure out who the hell this person can be.

I wish I made that up. If I did, it would at least be a tribute to my imagination. As it is, all this says is that I'm just waaaaay too obsessed with Downer moots.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #1886
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:

I wish I made that up. If I did, it would at least be a tribute to my imagination. As it is, all this says is that I'm just waaaaay too obsessed with Downer moots.
You should come to the next one, then. And bring some chocolate milk!

Sometime before Britmoot I had a dream where Rune and Diamond18 and I were in a race for something. Rune was in the lead and looking back and laughing at us, but Diamond found some sort of power boost and won.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:11 AM   #1887
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
You should come to the next one, then. And bring some chocolate milk!

Sometime before Britmoot I had a dream where Rune and Diamond18 and I were in a race for something. Rune was in the lead and looking back and laughing at us, but Diamond found some sort of power boost and won.
That corresponds surprisingly well with my motto: If you cannot gloat, what is the point of winning?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #1888
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yesterday morning I had a dream involving Nog, Agan, Lommy, and Greenie. The two main players in my dream were Nog and Agan, though. I think that we were on some sort of adventure, but I can't be sure.

Aganzir stalks me in my dreams and lives somewhere in my mind. I seem to be always having dreams of her. I seem to dream of her a lot. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing...
Old 09-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #1889
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Tonight I had a most peculiar dream. Squatter and I were standing to either side of this big official-looking thing from which stuff is read - a kind of podium, I suppose, but it's way too big and tall - and we are in a competition of cryptic clue solving. We listen to the clue once. It is about some sacks of grain. We listen to it a second time. Squatter, in order to listen even more attentively (since speech is silver, silence is golden) puts a sack over his head, apparently to prevent himself from speaking.

It's weird that I have so many dreams now, both BD and not. I usually don't have any dreams, especially not BD dreams.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #1890
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I haven't had this many barrow-downs related dreams since 2007... (It should be said that I have had quite a few the last few weeks, mostly staring Kath and Squatter, but that I have no coherent memory of what happened in them)

Luckily I do remember the dream from lat night, and it involves people not often found in my dreams.

The dream took place far in the future, in Birmingham, and I was standing on the top of some scaffolding many hundred meters above ground. The only way to get to the top, was by a very fragile metal latter. Anyways, as I was standing there I was joined by Sally, Shasta and Unidentified Downer(male). Naturally we all began talking about board games, and while we were doing so I got the impression that Sally and UD were in fact a couple, even though nothing was said on the matter. Eventually we saw a person approaching, climbing the latter, it turned out to be Fea, and for some reason she was carrying a cat on her shoulders. It was at this point everybody except me started talking about Swedish grammar, something that rather pussled me. I could gather that Fea had learned her self a bit of Swedish and were now passing the knowledge on. After a brief talk about the extend of her Swedish skills, we ended up in a rather heated exchange about which food aquavit goes best with.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #1891
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dűm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
I had this really strange dream where I was eating a giant 10x10 foot Cosmo brownie (Gir those who don't know, they're prepackaged brownies with little colored-candy bits sprinkled on top) and talking to my boyfriend, who was made out of BD posts, maily Palantir of Fortune posts and Paper Telephone posts. His face was the famous Naked Bard post... It was super strange...
Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #1892
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Aganzir stalks me in my dreams and lives somewhere in my mind. I seem to be always having dreams of her. I seem to dream of her a lot. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing...
It's good. I like being in other people's dreams and living in their minds. Mwa ha.

Quote:
Squatter, in order to listen even more attentively (since speech is silver, silence is golden) puts a sack over his head, apparently to prevent himself from speaking.
Hahaha I can totally imagine this.

Just so my post wouldn't only be commenting on other people's old dreams, I'll also share one I had a few nights ago. Rune was James Bond and I was going up with him in a lift. We were in a weird hotel, and some of the corridors were flooded.

I also had a dream I slept with Lommy. She was good.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #1893
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I had a weird dream today about my assignment and random non-BD-related stuff, but it was all started with Lalwende posting a link to a song here, and that song actually has legit lyrics, and it's also in Romanian and Russian - and of course English - and in other languages as well.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #1894
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I also had a dream I slept with Lommy. She was good.
Agan, your constant attempts to make 'Barrow Downs Slash Fan Fiction' a thing are not going to work.

In other news,
Last night I had a dream in which A Little Green, Pomegranate, Legate, Aganzir and I were running away from an angry dragon. I think it was angry about some insulting anti-dragon things A Little Green had said on Facebook. But soon we decided to tame the dragon and teach it to sing Morrisey songs. It was beautiful.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #1895
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
But soon we decided to tame the dragon and teach it to sing Morrisey songs. It was beautiful.
I really hope no talking donkeys were involved!

My dream began with Zil messaging me that he saw me doing an experiment outside with my physics class when he was driving by. I was very pleased that he noticed. We decided to organize a moot - a Toronto moot. On the day of the moot all of us went to this circus place I go to and we were going to see a show, and at that moment my school band people began to arrive because apparently before the show we're performing for you guys, and after the performance we get to teach you how to play our instruments and you get to try them. And the best part is that my long-standing dream came true - our teachers finally allowed us to also try each other's instruments. The dream ended in a bunch of band talk. I gleaned one thing from this dream: Inzil, despite his picture on the photopage, actually has curly hair! He explained that he is heterozygous for curly hair and through some twist of alternate inheritance his curly genes didn't express themselves until after he took that photo.

I think that my subconscience mixed half my RL activities in this dream. The most important of which is, of course, the Downs.

And just why do I keep getting dreams about moots? Because you all have to come to Toronto for a moot! At least then I'll be dreaming of existing moots and not have my subconscience make them up!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #1896
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
My dream began with Zil messaging me that he saw me doing an experiment outside with my physics class when he was driving by. I was very pleased that he noticed. We decided to organize a moot - a Toronto moot. On the day of the moot all of us went to this circus place I go to and we were going to see a show, and at that moment my school band people began to arrive because apparently before the show we're performing for you guys, and after the performance we get to teach you how to play our instruments and you get to try them. And the best part is that my long-standing dream came true - our teachers finally allowed us to also try each other's instruments. The dream ended in a bunch of band talk. I gleaned one thing from this dream: Inzil, despite his picture on the photopage, actually has curly hair! He explained that he is heterozygous for curly hair and through some twist of alternate inheritance his curly genes didn't express themselves until after he took that photo.

I think that my subconscience mixed half my RL activities in this dream. The most important of which is, of course, the Downs.

And just why do I keep getting dreams about moots? Because you all have to come to Toronto for a moot! At least then I'll be dreaming of existing moots and not have my subconscience make them up!
The thought of me with curly hair is extremely amusing.

And hey, I'd love to visit Toronto some time. My boss got to go to a conference there a few years back. Maybe I'll be able to finagle my way across the border at some point.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #1897
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I dreamed I was playing in Loslote's werewolf game and being very offensive. I really miss WW.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:18 AM   #1898
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a dream Agan made a new account on the 'downs because she wanted to sort of start over incognito. Her username was something like TaurielLulu and her avvie was a blue-hued shot of Orlandolas photo-shopped into a blonde woman with a beard. All she basically posted was lists of her favourite characters (mostly Dwarves) and "OMG Fili is so awesome!!!" on several threads.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #1899
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I had a dream Agan made a new account on the 'downs because she wanted to sort of start over incognito. Her username was something like TaurielLulu and her avvie was a blue-hued shot of Orlandolas photo-shopped into a blonde woman with a beard. All she basically posted was lists of her favourite characters (mostly Dwarves) and "OMG Fili is so awesome!!!" on several threads.
Now she is going to do that, I bet...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #1900
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Last night (almost said Night... ) I took a look at one of the WW classics, Elempi's Dueling Wizards. So this morning I wake up with a dream hazy in my head. I remember that I was a gifted at one point in the game because the Good Wizard made me one, and I was trying to figure stuff out, and a lot of WW confusion going on...

What's sad is that it's not a surprise to me that I'm dreaming WW stuff. On the bright side, at least it's not about a moot!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #1901
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I dreamt last night that I was in some moot (surprise! ), with Legate, the Finns, and some others who I can't recall. Legate was "modding" this Tolkien trivia game that had pictures as clues. One of the pictures was a mountain in blue and white colours, drawn in a very Tolkien style (I thought the Prof made it himself), and it said "tallest mountain". I shouted out "Everest!", but, of course, the answer was Taniquetil. Except that when Legate pronounced the word, it sounded like TanikvEtil, and I started discussing different pronunciations with him.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #1902
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
One of the pictures was a mountain in blue and white colours, drawn in a very Tolkien style (I thought the Prof made it himself), and it said "tallest mountain". I shouted out "Everest!", but, of course, the answer was Taniquetil. Except that when Legate pronounced the word, it sounded like TanikvEtil, and I started discussing different pronunciations with him.
Um... yeah... how else should I pronounce it?

And, I wonder what does it tell about my level of Tolkien-obsession when, upon imagining a situation when somebody is supposed to name the highest mountain and says "Everest" instead of "Taniquetil", I'm thinking "huh, what an embarassing situation... how could somebody even say that?"
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #1903
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Um... yeah... how else should I pronounce it?
Wait... you're saying I actually dreamed it the way you say it?

I say a lot of things wrong, with the stress in the wrong place, so maybe that's actually right. But I say it TanIkwetil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
And, I wonder what does it tell about my level of Tolkien-obsession when, upon imagining a situation when somebody is supposed to name the highest mountain and says "Everest" instead of "Taniquetil", I'm thinking "huh, what an embarassing situation... how could somebody even say that?"
I was properly embarassed in my dream.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #1904
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Wait... you're saying I actually dreamed it the way you say it?

I say a lot of things wrong, with the stress in the wrong place, so maybe that's actually right. But I say it TanIkwetil.
Ah, you mean the stress. Well, in that case I think in fact I pronounce it TAnikwetil.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #1905
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've had a few BD dreams of late, so I will share them here. On this thread. Right now. You're welcome. Thank you. No problem. It was nothing. Don't mention it.

During NewFinland Moot I had a dream that I was very sick and so I wanted to go to the hospital, but Aganzir (whose house I was in) wouldn't let me know where the hospital was because she said I was mean to her. I asked Lommy (who also lived there) but she didn't know where it was. So I was stuck being sick.

When I returned from Finland I had a dream where I was still there and Lommy and A Little Green were preparing a birthday party for someone and were expecting me to get a present, but because I didn't know who it was for I didn't know what to get so I bought a tree - which turned out to be an ent, of course. A Little Green thought it was nice but Lommy said it was terrible and tried to burn it. It was very confusing.

And earlier today I wasn't feeling too well and had a short sleep wherein I dreamed I was in Nogrod's house and discovered that he and Greenie were planning to send Aganzir to New Zealand so she could replace Fili in the movies. But this would involve kidnapping her and putting her in a box, so ALG and I had to find a box that was big enough. I don't think we succeeded.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #1906
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
And earlier today I wasn't feeling too well and had a short sleep wherein I dreamed I was in Nogrod's house and discovered that he and Greenie were planning to send Aganzir to New Zealand so she could replace Fili in the movies. But this would involve kidnapping her and putting her in a box, so ALG and I had to find a box that was big enough. I don't think we succeeded.
Your subconscious is is clearly lying to you. Agan wouldn't need to be forced in a box to be a dwarf. She would go do it willingly!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #1907
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Your subconscious is is clearly lying to you. Agan wouldn't need to be forced in a box to be a dwarf. She would go do it willingly!
No doubt! Though we might have to get Dean O'Gorman to replace Agan in Finland, though. Nobody will notice!!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #1908
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A couple days ago I had a dream involving Inzil, Lommy, and possibly Kitanna. I can't for my life remember what was going on, but it had more to do with just talking/arguing than actions.

And today as I snoozed on the bus I had a very brief one about Hookbill. He came into my chemistry classroom, started giggling like a lunatic, and we were trying to figure something out. In the end it was decided that he needs to take an aspirin. The end.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #1909
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
You know me too well, love.

I had a dream I received a vast number of rep points overnight and got an email saying 'Congratulations! You are now a Guest of Galadriel in Lórien!'
Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1910
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Last night I had a dream that Agan was a work colleague and we were talking shop in an airport. She was complaining about the time-difference and being exhausted, though, so I guess she worked with me but still lived in Finland.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #1911
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yay now I too can eat donuts at a police station while I play werewolf!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #1912
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Yay now I too can eat donuts at a police station while I play werewolf!
Now that's a good time.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #1913
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
While in NewFinlandMoot, I had several dreams where Downers were licking me to claim me as their own. I remember Aganzir as well as Greenie and a mysterious giant dog crawling on the floor quickly and sneakily to lick me on the face while I was lying in bed.

I also dreamed we were driving to an old lady's house to help clean out her basement, but it turned out to be Erebor, so we drove away as quickly as we could. Hookbill was driving, and he nearly crashed the van as he leaned over to lick me.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #1914
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had weird BD dreams in Prague last week...

1) Sally came to Premiere Moot dressed up as Théodred's wife.

2) We were having a small moot in Finland. I had a pile of clean clothes in my room and Agan started rummaging through it. "What on earth is this?!" she exclaimed when she saw my newly bought knickers. I was as shocked as she was, for I had thought I had bought some relatively normal knickers with black and white stripes. What Agan was holding, however, was knickers with black and white stripes adorned with colourful glitter on the back side. The front side was a lot weirder. There was a picture of a dwarf who looked like Balin (a mixture of how he looks like in the PJ movie and how he looks like in the cartoon) and there was the text "Bifur". Even worse was the belt (!) the knickers had, which proudly displayed a badge saying "LOL". Hookbill thought the knickers were awesome and put them on his head and started using them as a hat. I said he could keep them.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #1915
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Lommy!!!!!

Congrats for killing me.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #1916
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
While in NewFinlandMoot, I had several dreams where Downers were licking me to claim me as their own. I remember Aganzir as well as Greenie and a mysterious giant dog crawling on the floor quickly and sneakily to lick me on the face while I was lying in bed.

I also dreamed we were driving to an old lady's house to help clean out her basement, but it turned out to be Erebor, so we drove away as quickly as we could. Hookbill was driving, and he nearly crashed the van as he leaned over to lick me.
Did I ever tell you this is one of the funniest dreams I've heard in a long while? *licks Oddie*

As for Lommy... what do you think you'll get for your birthday now?
Quote:
Hookbill thought the knickers were awesome and put them on his head and started using them as a hat. I said he could keep them.
I want to see this happening.

That was hilarious though!

I had a dream a bunch of people, including my best friend and her more muscular half, came to pick me up one night in a car. Hookbill's brother was the driver. They took me to my summer cottage to fix the sauna roof with James Nesbitt. It was great fun.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #1917
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Hookbill thought the knickers were awesome and put them on his head and started using them as a hat. I said he could keep them.
You say that like it would be a strange thing to do. Seems perfectly normal to me.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #1918
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

: I dreamed I saw the rest of The Hobbit trilogy. It may have been the second part, or both together, I don't remember.

I was reading reviews on the BDs, and Legate had a very long review and claimed he was "spitting mad", but Rikae said she was thrilled, especially with the part about the Silmarils at the end.

I remember Thranduil being a huge disappointment. There wasn't a party in sight, and all he really did was lean way over a cliff and not fall over.

Apparently the prisoner's cells in Mirkwood were flooding, so Thrandy and Legolas went down to do some transferring, and they walk into the largest one and are like "It's time to move you...your majesty." And then there's this stupid zoom-in on...Tauriel. BAM.

Then at the end of the Battle of Five Armies, Thorin has been stung by Shelob and is slowly being poisoned. The poison will turn him evil, so he begs Bilbo to kill him. I'm starting to cry, because I know what's coming, and Kili is getting a pillow for his Uncle's head and Fili is handing him a fresh-baked loaf of his favorite bread. Such good nephews. I have to leave the theater for a moment at this time, and I beg them to pause it, but they don't.

By the time I get back, Fili and Kili are dead, they're taking Thorin away in the ambulance, and Robert Baratheon and the Kings of Summer have come to turn the tides of the battle.

Then at the end Gandalf invents eyeglasses. There are twelve Silmarils and they are given out by some sort of magical gumball machine. Then Gandalf turns to the screen and the rest of the movie turns into an advertisement for laser eye surgery, and how all twelve Silmarils ended up in the eye of someone who didn't really see very well.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #1919
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
: I dreamed I saw the rest of The Hobbit trilogy. It may have been the second part, or both together, I don't remember.

I was reading reviews on the BDs, and Legate had a very long review and claimed he was "spitting mad", but Rikae said she was thrilled, especially with the part about the Silmarils at the end.

I remember Thranduil being a huge disappointment. There wasn't a party in sight, and all he really did was lean way over a cliff and not fall over.

Apparently the prisoner's cells in Mirkwood were flooding, so Thrandy and Legolas went down to do some transferring, and they walk into the largest one and are like "It's time to move you...your majesty." And then there's this stupid zoom-in on...Tauriel. BAM.

Then at the end of the Battle of Five Armies, Thorin has been stung by Shelob and is slowly being poisoned. The poison will turn him evil, so he begs Bilbo to kill him. I'm starting to cry, because I know what's coming, and Kili is getting a pillow for his Uncle's head and Fili is handing him a fresh-baked loaf of his favorite bread. Such good nephews. I have to leave the theater for a moment at this time, and I beg them to pause it, but they don't.

By the time I get back, Fili and Kili are dead, they're taking Thorin away in the ambulance, and Robert Baratheon and the Kings of Summer have come to turn the tides of the battle.

Then at the end Gandalf invents eyeglasses. There are twelve Silmarils and they are given out by some sort of magical gumball machine. Then Gandalf turns to the screen and the rest of the movie turns into an advertisement for laser eye surgery, and how all twelve Silmarils ended up in the eye of someone who didn't really see very well.
Your subconscious sounds optimistic.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #1920
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Well! If this is not the most random turn of events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Your subconscious sounds optimistic.
I'll need to remember to refer to this dream in a year, when/if I watch the 2nd part of the movie.