The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 01:15 AM   #1
Nari
Haunting Spirit

Nari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nari
Tolkien Signs That You Are Obsessed With The Lord Of The Rings Fellowship of The Ring Movie

Is the title long enough? Anyway. These are some signs that you might (just might!) be completely and utterly obsessed with this movie. If you answer "yes" to at least seven, you are definately obsessed.

1) When someone tries to get past you in a room or somewhere, you scream "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!" and throw them off of a cliff.

2) You bought some Rogaine and tried to grow more hair on your feet.

3) You surgically got your ears pointed.

4) You have an Orlando/Elijah shrine in your bedroom. But who doesn't?

5) You've had your name legally changed five times. First to Aragorn. Then to Strider. Then to Estel. It goes on.

6) You spend all of your free time trying to learn to talk to people through your mind.

7) You even think Gimli is cute.

8) You've started checking out movies with people from FOtR in them. Ex: Flipper, Babe.

9) You left your home and belongings to go live under a hill.

10) You moved to New Zealand and demand the natives take you to the home of Elijah.

11) You eye random people suspiciously and tell them not to even THINK about taking your One Ring.

12) You sit at home at night and whisper sweet nothings to your little ring, even though you hate it. But you love it. But you hate it. Your precioussss.....

13) You sneak into people's gardens and steal vegatables, then come up with witty comments about it.

14) You've learned to contort your face exactly like Bilbo's when you want something.

15) You've taken up archery.

16) You learn to speak Elvish fluently and refuse to talk to anyone without subtitles magically appearing under you.

17) You've bewitched a stick to look just like Gandalf or Saruman's staff.

18) You aim your bow at anyone who agrees that Orlando is cute. You know he will marry you, and only you. Liv for the boys!

19) You throw rings into the fire and touch them, just to see if they're cold when you take them out.

20) You continuously rant about your quests and journeys, and how tiresome it is to be chased by Ringwraiths, and then run away with the nearest stranger, because you've said too much and you know you can always trust strangers.

21) You've grown a beard, even if you're a woman, just so you can braid it and be really cool.

22) You wear clothes just like Gandalf.

23) You are currently stalking Peter Jackson, and demanding to know what happened to Tom.

24) You are prepared to release your troops against the evil orcs who snub FOtR for best movie.

25) You read stupid little tests created by some girl at 2:15 am just to make sure if you're obsessed or not.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:23 PM   #2
Nefwathiel Teleri
Wight

Nefwathiel Teleri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am OBSESSED
Old 03-24-2002, 08:38 PM   #3
Watcher in the Water
Animated Skeleton

Watcher in the Water has just left Hobbiton.
Yeah me too... although i wouldnt say I was FULLY obsessed... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2002, 06:57 AM   #4
The Half-Hobbit
Haunting Spirit

The Half-Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Half-Hobbit
Pipe

Totally obsessed here. I ACTUALLY did once sit in the dark in my house whispering to my ring.....
of course, I was trying to scare my mother at the time. It didn't work
But really I'm not actually your friend,
But I am.
-They Might Be Giants
Old 03-25-2002, 08:18 AM   #5
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

pippin_took0 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm obsessed! When my LOTR-obsessed friend came round to my house and was late, I stood on the doorstep and said 'You're late!' We then had the whole Frodo-Gandalf-late conversation [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2002, 03:05 PM   #6
Sam Gamgee
Animated Skeleton

Sam Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Gamgee
1420!

erm... yeah, obsessed. oh well, not a big surprise in any way shape or form. and i do have a ring, on a chain, around my neck, at all times, no matter what. DO NOT TOUCH THE PRECIOUS! DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! AND GET AWAY FROM MY GOLDFISH!! NAH UH! AWAY! MINE! AND IF YOU REEEEAAALLLYYY WANT IT, YOU HAVE TO STALK ME THROUGH MORIA!! THATS RIGHT, MORIA!
heh, sorry bout that, got a little excited there.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:21 PM   #7
Dolenthangiel

Silmaril

oooooh k then....im not that obsessed (honest)your list was very amusing, and i have to say probably true in some cases, but not mine.....so i'll just be quiet now....(the film is great, it rocks , i can't wait for the next one...and the one after........) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
Elenya
Haunting Spirit

Location: See that mound of earth? No, no, the one to the left.....There you go
Elenya has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenya
Silmaril

Oh yeah, I'm obsessed. But not as obsessed as my friend. She's got the inside of her locker at school plastered with photos of Legolas, not Orlando, Legolas.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Araen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm obssessed, most defently. Me have no locker to plaster with pictures I have to settle with nothing.
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Old 03-28-2002, 07:42 PM   #10
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I am guilty of four of these signs. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 03-29-2002, 03:34 PM   #11
Lilly Loamsdown
Pile O'Bones

Lilly Loamsdown has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Are you suggesting Gimli isnt cute?I got in big trouble for that cliff thing.
Jackson absolutley refuses to talk about Tom Bombadil.
Old 03-30-2002, 04:37 PM   #12
anyamiex

Silmaril

i did your test by what i would like to do and got 21 out of 25 im screwed aren't i

Old 03-30-2002, 04:48 PM   #13
Orogaerion
Pile O'Bones

Orogaerion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orogaerion
Sting

hehe i am fully obsessed i have several 1000 of pics and maps and paintings on my computer
and i... well always think aabout lotr and have elvish names on everyone of my friends
i say goodby in elvish
Old 04-01-2002, 05:17 PM   #14
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yay! me obsessed. i went to a basketball game and i sang the hobbit song at the top of my lungs and was almost kicked out. i can make my mom scream and run away with my gollum impression. it's really funny. all my school stuff is covered with lotr pics and everyone thinks i'm really odd.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:59 AM   #15
Menewilwarin of Mirkwood
Pile O'Bones

Menewilwarin of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Yes, I am obsessed...i have a ring on a chain round my neck...i do an amazing gollum impression...i continually say 'my precious'...my copy of LOTR rarely leaves my sight...my best mate and i know pretty much the whole script of the film.....anyamiex will testify to this (she really has probably done most of the things on that list) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
Old 04-03-2002, 07:10 AM   #16
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Film, it's not a film ,it's real! It's real! Don't scare me like that!

As you can see, I'm quite obsessed, to the point of trying to find an evil ring in the jewellery store so i could go on a quest, or was that just wishful thinking?
Old 04-05-2002, 06:54 PM   #17
Alcarinque
Pile O'Bones

Alcarinque has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Alcarinque
Tolkien

Totally obsessed... and I tried the regaine... I am sorry to anounce... folks... IT DOESN'T work (Damn)
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 09:20 AM   #18
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
photos of Legolas, not Orlando, Legolas
Ooh, me too! Actually, I have a collage made of pics of Legolas. It's on a poster board, on both sides. I have 91 pictures on the poster board alone and about 16 pictures on my door. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] He's even the wallpaper on my computer. Actually, I'm surprised my brother hasn't made any comments. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Ooh, just remembered, I also have another pic of him pointing his bow and arrow right at the camera. Legolas is guarding my bedroom.

[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 04-06-2002, 02:18 PM   #19
Nari
Haunting Spirit

Nari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nari
Silmaril

thank you for all of your.. ehm... interesting posts. i enjoy reading them and hope to see more. i am not obsessed with the lord of the rings movie. we do not have movies here in rivendell. right elrond?
Old 04-07-2002, 04:36 PM   #20
TheBlackRider
Animated Skeleton

TheBlackRider has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheBlackRider
Ring

You all think your obsessed? I am. I have read all the books in the LOTR series. I have seen the movie two times!!!! I can do a wicked Gollum impression. I carry a walking staff. I wear the One Ring around my fingure and go around trying to control everything. I have handcopied the elven langue from the ROTK and responding english letters. I have downloaded alot of LOTR picturesa. I a boy so I dont agree on the Legolas thing. I have LOTR pics around my room. I have some of the BK toys even.!!!!!!!!! I once tried to see if the ring made my invisible but it didnt work. I am so obsessed I even post of LOTR fan sites. I have my own fan site. I have a LOTR AOL sn!!!! With a LOTR buddy Icon and a LOTR Info!!!! In my subprofile i quote LOTR peeps. !!!!!! I am the obsessed king!!!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 02:06 AM   #21
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I'm pretty sad, I shriek whenever I see a black horse, even when there is no rider on them. And living in the country, every second paddock has a black horse in it! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Bramblerose Gamgee-Took ]
Old 04-08-2002, 11:40 AM   #22
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Yes. I am obsessed. I'm currently on prozac for hallucinations.
I keep seeing myself in the mirror with long hair, and pointed ears... and Legolas is next to me.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:42 AM   #23
Aragorn Husband of Arwen
Animated Skeleton

Aragorn Husband of Arwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm not. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Though I would like to grow some facial hair, but not like listed here.

Besides, I wouldn't know where to buy the one ring. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2002, 11:49 AM   #24
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I was summoning up some sarcasm and attempting to find a suitably withering comment until I realised I had just read the whole thread. I am certainly not obsessed with the film but I confess I may have read the books a little too frequently. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2002, 08:58 PM   #25
Belegfanaion
Animated Skeleton

Belegfanaion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Belegfanaion
Ring

You all think YOU are obsessed??? I scored only a measly 24 out of 25!! I have seen the movie 24 times, and am going for 25 this weekend.... The only quiz question I missed was the elvish language one, and only cuz my mom would think I was REALLY strange (as if she already doesn't), but I have begun to learn it fluently, though I'm not as good as my friend Dannette! I too have a ring on a golden chain, and I chucked it into the fire once to see if it might come out cold or with lettering on it (didn't work). I LOVE LOTR, and I don't have pics of only Legolas, but of all the cast! My total of pics is 5,435 different ones, and the cover my walls and ceiling of my bedroom. Heck, I even have created a plate out of pottery that has the map of Middle-Earth painted on it. My brother and friends are similarly obsessed, though not as much as me, and we LOVE to do scenes from LOTR: FOTR. My personal favorite actually is the "YOU SHALL NOT PASS." and I do it whenever I think I might get a laugh! Man, I even HAVE a freaking staff that looks nearly identical to Gandalf's! If you are similarly obsessed, email me! Maybe we'll become a Fellowship of our own!
As Frodo did so, he now saw fine lines, finer than the finest pen-strokes, running along the ring, outside and inside: lines of fire that seemed to form the letters of a flowing script. They shone piercingly bright, and yet remote, as if out of a great depth.
'I cannot read the fiery letters,' said Frodo in a quavering voice.
'No,' said Gandalf, 'but I can. The letters are Elvish, of an ancient mode, but the language is that of Mordor, which I will not utter here. But this in the Common Tongue is what is said, close enough:
One Ring to Bring them all and in the darkness bind them.'"
Old 04-09-2002, 02:40 AM   #26
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Welcome to the Downs Belegfanaion!

People might want to be careful when removing their rings from the fire, they may be HOT, so unless you are reasonably sure yours is the one ring, don't pick it up immedeately!
Old 04-09-2002, 02:47 AM   #27
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sindalómiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sindalómiel
Sting

According to your list I'm barely obsessed at all, but I have done something not on the list. I've given myself Legolas's hairdo. It's not perfect yet, but I'm working on the braids.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:53 AM   #28
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Sindalómiel, you male or female? Personal question I know but I'm worrying for your sanity!
Old 04-09-2002, 07:36 AM   #29
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm not obsessed, though I certainly could be if I let myself. I just don't want to because when I obsess over things I tend to grow weary of them and begin to hate them, so I try keep my enthusiasm for both the movie and Tolkien's books at a healthy level. That, and I have so much going on, since it's the end of my senior year and all, that I can't afford to be obsessed! Now, this summer... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 04-09-2002, 07:28 PM   #30
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
I've given myself Legolas's hairdo
Ooh, I want to do that, but I have to let my hair grow. Right now, it's only to my shoulders, and it's layered, which makes it even harder. I'm going to get it professionally done, though.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:01 PM   #31
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Ring

OH NO!! I am obbessed! (But we already new that) #8 really hit home for me. Freaky, I watched Flipper the other day, just to look at Elijah wood. Oh no. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Old 04-10-2002, 01:12 AM   #32
KingCarlton
Wight

KingCarlton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nah..I wouldn't say that I am obsessed, tho I did check out RONIN to see how Sean Bean did, not bad...but DeNiro Blew me away.
Nah..I wouldn't say that I am obsessed.
HEll NO !

I do have a double edged light saber staff though. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Know Peace.
Know ye People, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, And the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Hither came Carlton, the King, black haired, bronze hued, mightily thewed, sullen eyed. Sword in hand, a warrior, a destroyer, a conqueror. With gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth, under his sandalled feet.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:42 AM   #33
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sting

Nevtalathiel, I'm female. And don't worry, it's far too late to worry about my sanity. It disappeared a LONG time ago.

And Nevfeniel, I'm thinking of doing that, or at least getting a friend to do the side braids. It's really hard to French braid your own hair.

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: Sindalómiel ]
Old 04-10-2002, 04:58 AM   #34
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Wouldn't Arwen hair be easier, hers was just long!
Old 04-10-2002, 04:16 PM   #35
David S.

I'm obseesed. The whole Cliff thing was an accident (Eyes move around shiftelly) What it was

Old 04-10-2002, 05:45 PM   #36
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

I'm totally obsessed. Its all I talk about, think about, dream about..Number 6 is definitly me! I'm always trying to talk to people with my mind. I havn't gotten my One Ring yet, I just ordered one yesterday actually, but don't worry once I get it it's not leaving my sight! I think I'm possesed by another ring though, that I always wear, It says Forever and I think thats how long i'll be wearing it. Anywayz.. I convinced my friend to name her kitten that shes going to get Frodo or Arwen! Since she wasn't a big LotR's fan to begin with I think that's pretty good.
Obsessed? Definitly!

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:33 PM   #37
Brimstone Goldenwing
Animated Skeleton

Brimstone Goldenwing has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! I only got a 5!!! **cries and wimpers for one hour then pauses** Yes yes!!! I'll say "You can not Pass!" to anyone I see! I dont care who or where, I'll say that to anyone that gets in the way! I'll say it anywhere..even in the mall!! Muhahahahahahaha!
Telepathic powers and strength of the gods,
Gives them an advantage that beats all the odds,
Elves and orks and humans alike,
All have a fear of the dragon’s great bite,
And nobody dares to fight the great creature,
For there’s something to fear of its every little feature.
-"Dragon's Feast", part of poem by David Bankson
Old 04-12-2002, 03:34 AM   #38
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Wouldn't Arwen hair be easier, hers was just long!
Probably, but I'm not obsessed with Arwen, am I? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 01:47 PM   #39
BoromirTheBold
Pile O'Bones

BoromirTheBold has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BoromirTheBold
Shield

None of you have met me, have you??? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My friends and I are even making our own parody video of it!!!

I have one of the 'One Ring's from Borders.... figurines of Frodo, Gandalf and a Black Rider...... the BK Frodo goblet...... Working on plastering my walls, but unfortunately, I have to share my room with my un-obsessed little sister.... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Okay, so maybe not obsessed by these standards, but everyone who knows me will say that I am.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Don't dress like Gandalf, but what about Boromir or the Hobbits?? That counts, too, doesn't it?? And my hair is just long enough to go Elf-y.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And I've seen the movie 4 times already.... The TTT trailer once.... Read FOTR 3 times in the last 5 months and the other two twice(but I'm working on them) Looking for every single 'name generator' page I can find that is LOTR related... Not to mention those stupid personality tests.... And every time I take one, I turn out to be either Eowyn or Legolas.
tercano nuruva (the Herald of Death

Hlasta! Qyetes (Listen! it speaks to)
Hfirimain: (Those who were not born to die: )

The Ringspell...
Old 04-17-2002, 07:05 PM   #40
Stefanie

Tolkien

I write letters in Elvish. I have had the Legolas hair. I quote LOTR fairly well nonstop. I am known on campus for being obsessed. We talk about LOTR every day. No exceptions. I did out-loud readings of The Two Towers for a literary love night. I was the only one who read anything non-original. I tried to get someone to steal a Frodo Lives sticker for me from a Taco Bell monitor. I read the Fellowship out loud with my friends over spring break. I tried to collect the BK toys and actually turned the car around when I discovered that they had put an XMen toy in my FOTR bag. The woman apologized and I felt really bad.

Closed Thread