The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #121
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Flooding in the library meant that I had no lunchtime net access and it is still pouring and threatening " a severe weather event" so I don't want to be driving in the dark - I was marooned in a flood a couple of weeks again and was lucky not to lose my car, I definitely don't want to take the risk. Sorry
I feel sorry for you. In this part of the country, we only had heavy rain, but nothing more.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #122
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Where are you situated, Eonwe? We too have had ridiculous amounts of rain, just over the North Sea, Mith. It's either thunderstorms or boiling heat this far south.

I also wanted to point out that I won't be able to post for at least a couple of minutes, as I am going to get a drink and a new CD.

Seriously people, we don't need to know your whereabouts all day every day. BDers often know that other BDers sometimes have lives.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #123
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Blah, blah, blah... Narration is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
hopes Brinn doesn't mind the dead having a quick rant
Nah, I don't mind a rant as long as it's a short one. Sometimes a brief ranting is needed. There were many times in the past I have been tempted to do so. And I believe I actually did when I got lynched in my first game ever.

And thanks everyone for all the compliments on the narrations so far. As someone who tends to be over-critical of her own work, I do appreciate them.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #124
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Blah, blah, blah... Narration is up.

Nah, I don't mind a rant as long as it's a short one. Sometimes a brief ranting is needed. There were many times in the past I have been tempted to do so. And I believe I actually did when I got lynched in my first game ever.

And thanks everyone for all the compliments on the narrations so far. As someone who tends to be over-critical of her own work, I do appreciate them.
Have another. That was....well, nothing short of hysterical, to say the least. Kudos again, Miss Brinn! *wanders off to see if there's any leftover pyrotechnic devices to play with*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #125
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The narration is finally up!

Btw, the whole dice roll thing is how it actually happened in RL. I've never been good at flipping coins...
Old 07-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #126
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm...it seems Nogrod has pointed out an important mistake to me.

After originally forgetting to remove Kath from the Living list, I'm still making the same error. Probably because though I did edit the mistake the first time on my post, it's from my Word document I've been copying and pasting the list...and I guess I never did fix the mistake there.

So my apologies to everyone for any confusion this may have caused. I will be sure to go back through my narrations on both the forum and Word so that this mistake won't happen again. Kath will no longer be stuck in limbo.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #127
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
After originally forgetting to remove Kath from the Living list, I'm still making the same error.
It's no error really, it's because she loves me too much. Can't bear to see me gone.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #128
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A ghostly lupine voice ....

No one picked up on my Glorfindel quip then?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #129
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A note

If I disappear suddenly, it's due to some wicked thunderstorms we're having in my area. Thanks!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #130
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dearly departed Kath
It's no error really, it's because she loves me too much. Can't bear to see me gone.
It's true, it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dead Mithwolf
No one picked up on my Glorfindel quip then?
I think I noticed that....but I thought it was a reference to the first time I made the mistake. I hadn't realised I was repeating it.

------------------------------

On a more serious note, I regret to inform that Ka has asked me to pull her from the game. It's unfortunate, but RL happens.

Her death will be included in the narration, which will be posted shortly.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #131
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
It's true, it's true.

I think I noticed that....but I thought it was a reference to the first time I made the mistake. I hadn't realised I was repeating it.

------------------------------

On a more serious note, I regret to inform that Ka has asked me to pull her from the game. It's unfortunate, but RL happens.

Her death will be included in the narration, which will be posted shortly.

That's three now.... There have been more RL-kills than Hacker kills!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #132
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

The narration is up.

And sorry for taking even longer than normal...I got a phonecall from my sister and I hadn't talked to her for awhile. Hope I didn't keep you guys too much on your toes.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #133
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Whoopee. Post-mortem vindication.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #134
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Given that it never came up (at least to my recollection) during my visit, how on earth did you know, Brinn, that I' was never very good and hide 'n seek?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #135
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
May I allow myself a chuckle? Please.... *giggles* Hide and seek....hehe I can see Form trying to hide behind some little sapling about half his size with his head popping out over the branches. *giggles again*

Wait. A ghost, she speaks! Not possible! Never fear, it's only a passing sensation, loves. Have a nice nap and a cup of tea and it'll be all better.

*fades back into the shadows*
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 AM   #136
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Given that it never came up (at least to my recollection) during my visit, how on earth did you know, Brinn, that I' was never very good and hide 'n seek?
I don't know....I guess I'm just really good at reading people.

-------------------

Narration's up, btw.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #137
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Since people have been discussing my "detached" attitude in this game, I thought I'd better explain. I just started a new job, and am going through long training sessions. Even when I'm home, I don't have a whole lot of energy left for WW - and I'm afraid that will be the case tomorrow, too. I'll do what I can.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #138
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

The narration is now up.

Geez...part of me is glad this game's almost over. I'm running out of ways to kill people.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:11 PM   #139
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Quote:
The narration is now up.

Geez...part of me is glad this game's almost over. I'm running out of ways to kill people. (Brinniel)
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew . . .
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #140
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
The narration is now up.

Geez...part of me is glad this game's almost over. I'm running out of ways to kill people.
Ah yes ... it gets hard - I remember my first WW game asking my boss for a weird way to kill someone - and he wasn't fazed at all... which was perhaps more disturbing than my somewhat random question....

Old 07-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #141
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew . . .
Formentaters, eh? Hmmm...
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #142
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Couldn't resist

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...2&postcount=52

Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #143
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

That link doesn't work. I think the thread is just a mith.

(sorry, couldn't resist. never fear, the link's fine of course)