Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2007, 06:34 PM   #1601
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I sincerely hope this won't turn into a battle of wills between Falco and Thornden again. I thought of the scene in the ruins as I wrote him giving his orders. Of course, it would make it interesting indeed if Falco were to disregard Thornden's words....
I sort of moved Falco in the post I just made, but I did allude to a possible shouting match between the two just in case anyone wanted to write one. If either of you do want me to cut that out though it's fine.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #1602
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had a notion that we just needed a little bit of conflict to rev things up a bit.

I'm looking for Firefoot to have Léof determine the number of horses available; it is the ostler's priviledge and responsibility, of course, to determine which horses are actually available. I expect some interesting jostling once we have a horse to rider ratio.

I'll check what's been posted a minute to see what's what.....

Foley, it's a bandaged head, not a bandaged arm. Otherwise, a great post! Same to you, Kath!

I'll wait until tomorrow before posting for Falco again. We'll see what else happens in between now and then.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #1603
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Excitement.

I'll have a post up tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #1604
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Celuien: I've taken the liberty of having Garstan joining the rush to rescue Eodwine, and of having him dash past Náin in the process. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll change the names... the character there is of minor importance.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:44 AM   #1605
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elempi
I had a notion that we just needed a little bit of conflict to rev things up a bit.
Eh...Go ahead then. It will be fun, whatever happens.

And I made the corrections. I had read forearm and not forehead. Oh well.

-- Folwren
Old 04-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #1606
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What a lovely mess!

I hope the things I wrote are okay with everyone and don't contradict anything previously written.

Argh, I just realised it is in contradiction with Form's post... But Form, if you said it's of little importance who the other person in your post is, could you change it? It'd be easier if it's someone else than Garstan, that would make both my and Kath's posts more logical. (Since in Kath's post Kara has to go somewhere to find Garstan.)

Anyway, don't hesitate to ask me edit something: I'll do it and you can go on posting assuming things are different from what I've just written on the game thread since I will only be able to edit tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #1607
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nice reactions and action, folks!

Formy, how about having Thornden instead of Garstan speak to Nain? I've just reread a few posts, and it looks like that works.

And Foley, apparently Falco DOES have an injured arm, since Javan is not the only one seeing it. It must be that Falco himself has barely noticed it so far, if you take my meaning.....

So after all posts are accounted for, it seems we have Falco with Ginna, Kath, and Frodides in the kitchen; Thornden (if you make the switch) in the mead hall with Nain, and Modtryth returning to the kitchen after sending Garstan and Stigend to the stables. Garwine (Alcarillo's character) may be assumed to have heard in the general bustle, and can be considered to be with. Javan and Léof are readying all the horses they can. Trystan is another somewhat absent character too right now. What would he do? Is there anybody else?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-16-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #1608
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lommy, when you said Modtryth was going to warn the twins did you mean Ritun and Lefun, 'cause they went to the ruins with Eodwine.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #1609
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Right you are, Kath.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #1610
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Believe it or not, Mithalwen, one of Eodwine's "quirks" as Eorl of the Middle Emnet is that he does not charge for food and drink, since this is his Eorl's Hall and not an inn. So Elfthain's in luck.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #1611
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oh my! Things are getting pretty rough around this serene place!

As my worst part of the year (with loads and loads of work) is slowly dragging to an end I would just like to inform you that I'm soon back too. So you may count Stigend in with the "rescue mission" as Lommy already wrote.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #1612
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

So here's my quandary... like Leof, I'm not really sure if he would realistically ride out with them. Does anyone have a thought about this?

Chances are that Leof will choose to stay at the Hall unless one of the characters mentions to him that he might go with them...
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #1613
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Falco has stated his opinion on the matter, though no one was really listening.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #1614
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Not a problem... Thorden it is... unless HIS writer has an objection. (I don't THINK I saw one between here and LMP's post). I shall change that.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #1615
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Lommy, when you said Modtryth was going to warn the twins did you mean Ritun and Lefun, 'cause they went to the ruins with Eodwine.
No, I meant Harreld and Garreth, didn't I write it? anyway, I thought Modtryth would think of them as "the twins" and of Lefun and Ritun as "the weird twins" or something like that.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #1616
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, and Elempí, you seem to have made Kath a permanent inhabitant of the Middle-Earth...
Old 04-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #1617
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
*thinks to herself* If Frodides gives Ginna her permission, and Harreld and Garreth...

Nothing.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:38 AM   #1618
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think that's fine, Form. Just do what e'er you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elempi
Falco has stated his opinion on the matter, though no one was really listening.
Yeah, well Thornden's about to give his again...

Firefoot, I think Leof should go. He's old enough to fight and he has a horse! Two good reason.

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #1619
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Oh, and Elempí, you seem to have made Kath a permanent inhabitant of the Middle-Earth...
Ack. Kath, you should just change your character's name. I'll go fix.

Falco has got the bright idea in his head to go get the Smith twins - coming in my next post ... .sometime relatively soon....

Foley, 2 things.

(1) you followed my erring lead and called Falco Boffin, Falco Baggins! I've made the correction to my post; please do the same.... OR .... leave it in there and Falco will correct Thornden himself, whichever you prefer.

(2) I had plans for Falco to send himself on and errand to fetch Garreth and Harreld, whose Smithy is not on the Mead Hall grounds but a couple hundred yards distant.

When I get home, I'll add something to my post about Manawyth, from FAlco's mouth.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-17-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #1620
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No! Lommy's character Mydtrodyth or whatever her name is has already gotten the Smith twins!

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2007, 11:54 AM   #1621
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Whichever way sorts out the conversation(s) best is fine with me.

I'll be back to post later...today is turning out to be busier than I thought it would be.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #1622
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
No, I meant Harreld and Garreth, didn't I write it? anyway, I thought Modtryth would think of them as "the twins" and of Lefun and Ritun as "the weird twins" or something like that.
My apologies Lommy, my mistake.

Quote:
Ack. Kath, you should just change your character's name.
At least it doesn't take much changing when it is written wrongly!

Lhuna, Frodides will give her permission, hopefully by the end of the day.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #1623
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Foley, 2 things.

(1) you followed my erring lead and called Falco Boffin, Falco Baggins! I've made the correction to my post; please do the same.... OR .... leave it in there and Falco will correct Thornden himself, whichever you prefer.
Aha! I thought his name was Boffin, but you said Baggins so instead of looking it up, I just scratched my head in confusion and wrote it that way.

Quote:
(2) I had plans for Falco to send himself on and errand to fetch Garreth and Harreld, whose Smithy is not on the Mead Hall grounds but a couple hundred yards distant.

When I get home, I'll add something to my post about Manawyth, from Falco's mouth.
Yes, I knew they were not on the grounds, and I mentioned them entering the courtyard in the middle of the men getting ready to go.

I'll change the Baggins to Boffin and if you want me to change anything concerning the Smiths, let me know.

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #1624
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, Modtryth went to fetch the Smith twins. That's settled.

Falco will seek out Manawyth. I've a PM out to Anguirel to see if he's around and interested.

So Falco will just make a general nuisance of himself.

(Snicker!) I was thinking that Ginna was going to end up at the ruins, get in trouble, and get rescued by Harreld; but it'd be better not to get into heroics with that "aw-shucks" pseudo-relationship.

I have a meeting all night tonight. I'll check the thread and see if a post is in order today; if not, I'll wait.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #1625
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi,

I'm in a quandary. I, as a girl, would make Falco stay home. His arm is bleeding through his bandage! I would especially make him stay home because of what I know about first aid, and how bad it is to cut your arm to the point that it bleeds a lot. And his head is bleeding, too!

On the other hand, I as a LotR reader and fan know how tough hobbits are.

I also know that if Thornden makes Falco stay, goodness KNOWS what YOU'RE going to do to the poor fellow.

What I don't know is how a man would react. What would you do in such a case? Thornden's a man who's carried arms for about two years. He's maybe done a few little things, but he's never seen all out battle or war, surely. He'd probably let a man with such a flesh wound go out, but Falco is a hobbit - he's half Thornden's size. There are enough men for Thornden to work with, in his mind, Falco will only get in the way if he goes. Spy? What on earth does Thornden need a spy for?

I'm leaning towards having Thornden make Falco stay, but before I do that, I want to know if that's realistic for a man to do, and I also want to know if it will seem ridiculous. I can't stand being wrong, Elempi, and I can't stand even more being made to be ridiculous.

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #1626
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Falco is as stubborn as any hobbit will be. Have your character do what your character would do.

About being made to look ridiculous: Falco has not made Thornden look ridiculous. Only Thornden can allow that to happen.

Now here's an additional question to help: how many men can Thornden spare to keep Falco from coming, and for how long? Is it worth the time to force Falco to stay?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #1627
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
About being made to look ridiculous: Falco has not made Thornden look ridiculous. Only Thornden can allow that to happen.
No, he hasn't yet, but I'm remembering the time in the ruins when I actually blushed on Thornden's account because of what Falco said about him.

Quote:
Now here's an additional question to help: how many men can Thornden spare to keep Falco from coming, and for how long? Is it worth the time to force Falco to stay?
That's not much of a problem. I think Thornden could do it by himself. It would be possitively hilarious if he could lock him in a room, but I don't know where the keys are kept.

Hm....

Well, I'll go write a post. I think I've got an idea.

EDIT: It's posted. We'll see how that works.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 04-18-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #1628
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Fol - I used Javan a fair bit in my post... let me know if anything's not right.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #1629
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm fine with what you did, but it seems like Elempi had Falco address Leof before he was quite out of danger. I'll post tonight.

-- Folwrey
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #1630
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot, how many horses?

Foley, how many men?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #1631
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm...I can name eight right now while I'm on the phone, but there may well be more...
Old 04-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #1632
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I've always imagined the stable as being fairly occupied, so I'd suppose that Leof and Javan saddled up as many horses as they saw men to ride them.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #1633
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, it's probably a good thing you edited....Thornden had lost his temper when Falco threatened Leof.

Anyhow, no, I don't suppose this is the end between Thornden and Falco... I was thinking just now before coming back that there had best be some sort of discussion between Eodwine, Falco, and Thornden before something like this happens again. Of course, when I thought that, I was under the impression that Falco had just told Leof he would lame him, so, that was pretty bad.

Anyhow, I've got to go help make dinner. If no one else does before me, I'll work on a post to get them out and on their way later tonight.

-- Folwren
Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #1634
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Alright, I'm about to post. I have no idea what you have planned, Elempi. I don't know where they are, or how many they are, what condition Eodwine and Rilef are in, or anything like that...

So, we'll see what we can do.

Javan's ready for Falco's idea to be sprung upon him.

-- Folwren
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 PM   #1635
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
I was under the impression that Falco had just told Leof he would lame him, so, that was pretty bad.
I missed that.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #1636
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

lol! You posted your post a minute or so before Elempi posted a post, but he missed your post, so had Falco turn towards Leof and say, rather meanly, if I say so myself, "If you touch that pony, I'll lame you in the other foot" or something along those lines.

And what I wrote next was something along the lines of Thornden not having lost his temper before hand but now..................

But then I got on and checked the thread again and what do you know! Elempi had edited his post and hadn't said anything so savage to Leof.

Edit: Elempi, I believe there are nine riders, at least.
Garreth
Harreld
Thornden
Garwine
Trystan
Garstan
Stigend (sp)
Leof
Nain

Any others there could possibly be? I did not include the General. He's exhausted. But were there possibly any non-player characters that could go out and fight?

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 04-19-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #1637
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Elempi doesn't say mean things to Léof, Falco does. Make sure you get that right, please.

9 riders (Nain being a passenger) and 8 horses. Perfect. Lucky men at arms.

Yes, Foley, you do not have any idea what Eodwine's and Rilef's conditions are. Thornden woudn't.

As a matter of fact, I'm having some doubts about how this can work. My first idea is that Eodwine has holed himself up in that roofless circular chamber, and blocked both entrances with rubble, forcing their enemies to climb over the top or into the trees in order to get at him. Problem is, they could do this pretty easily, and Eodwine would have trouble holding off more than 2 at a time (Rilef 1 or 2 at a time) for long; and he did not take bow and arrows.

The other possibility was that the two climbed the highest trees they could find. I may just have to go with that. So the riders may see smoke in the direction of the ruins, which could suggest any number of things.... Anyway...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #1638
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ok Lhuna, you're free to wander the grounds now.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #1639
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Elempi doesn't say mean things to Léof, Falco does. Make sure you get that right, please.
Oh, yes, I understand. If it were Elempi who said everything Falco did, I'd be quite offended for a few things...

-- Folwrey
Old 04-20-2007, 07:34 AM   #1640
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi,

There you have it. Falco's so lucky. And I sincerely hope you appreciate the risk I'm running with Javan now in clear danger of getting into trouble for letting this impudent hobbit trick him into such a thing.

Looks like this will be exciting.

-- Folwren