The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
micklejohn

Animated lord of the rings?

Hey
There's this animated lord of the rings movie that was one of my favorites when i was a kid, but it broke. its been years since i have seen but i remember bits. in of the trailers before the movie was all this kids in a library and they were dressed badly (it was the 90s). could you tell who the director was or what year it was made?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Mugwump
Wight

Mugwump has just left Hobbiton.
We were talking about in this thread. <-- Click there.

Or maybe you're talking about the animated The Hobbit? That was actually better than the LotR animation, especially for children.
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
or maybe he's trying to sell something(see the signature)
Old 12-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Mugwump
Wight

Mugwump has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
or maybe he's trying to sell something(see the signature)
Yeah, I thought about that, and what he wrote over in the newcomers area was kind of fishy. But he was going to an awful lot of trouble, writing a bunch of stuff with no links or identifiable product, three posts about different things -- all in all, an awful lot of trouble just to be leading up to eventually maybe posting a spam link, which I haven't seen him do. I think it's more likely he's just a queer bird. Nothing that justifies banning, especially since he seems to be earnestly trying to fit in, starting to read Tolkien. Perhaps we've been, as Treebeard would say, "hasty"?

Last edited by Mugwump; 12-11-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
balthasarbal
Newly Deceased

balthasarbal has just left Hobbiton.
watched the first thirty minutes of it and then had to turn it off before I died of horror. There was such a gap of logic in some places that I would easily believe that a two year old had written it(and animated), such as the ridiculous scene when Sam just happens to be in a bush while Gandalf is walking and talking to Frodo. Or blantent disregard of simple knowledge that most of the Hobbits of Hobbiton lived in Hobbit holes, not Hobbit houses. I wont even get started on the Ringwraiths.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
sarienbarry

My friend had the idea of watching the animated LOTR after seeing the Peter Jackson Return of The King. So I finally bought it off e-bay, thinking right from the start it was going to suck. Actually, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The animation was good for its time, they used a unique method of blending live action with animation to create some interesting effects, and the guy who did the voice for Frodo sounded somewhat like Elijah Wood.

Not the greatest adaptation of a book, but trust me, I've seen a lot worse. It skips quite a lot of things, since both Fellowship and The Two Towers are compressed into one two hour movie. Definatley worth a watch, kids might like, but still, absoutley no comparision with the Peter Jackson trilogy.