The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #441
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yup, I think so. And three minutes for us to do it in.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #442
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++Glirdan

While I think both the popular candidates are suspicious.. I am not comfortable with how the Sally voting has gone, which gives me pause.

X'd with Sally
Old 04-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #443
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am here again, but as I will not switch my vote I doubt if that's much help to you. *pets Sallycakes*

EDIT: Aw, man, I was planning to use my 1,000th post for something awesome... Ah, well.

Last edited by Loslote; 04-10-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #444
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
++ Sally

Edit: x-ed with Izzy and Lottie
Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #445
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
++ Sally
What the....that doesn't even make sense. Not even commentary, just a vote?

You. Are. Bonkers.

Oh, and because Wilwa's bothering me....

++Glirdan
Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #446
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Nienna, Glirdan's a wolf. A WOLF! LYNCH HIM!@

I'm surrounded by mad people.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #447
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

DL.

The narration will be up in two shakes.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #448
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Clearly this has all been planned by warriors from the village.

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THEM!

(Also, what the heck? I really was trying to help Lottie avoid a first-Day lynch because I know they suck. And I figured Leggie was the cobbler and we could bus him quite easily. Alas, no. Darn.)

EDIT: Meep! x'd with the Moddess
Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #449
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril Day 2 - End

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin walked further and further from the mushroom and continued down the garden path. After a time she could hear some voices and was curious at whom she would meet next, hoping the conversation would not be cut short due to fatalities.

She turned a bend in the path and came upon an odd house all covered in fur and with chimneys shaped like ears; the two windows and the door also looked like a face. Beside the house was an extremely long table scattered with dishes, and saucers, and cups, and teapots. Even though the table had many seats the three people sitting at it were all crowded close together. In the middle was a dormouse fast asleep, on one side was a hare and the other a man wearing a large hat, and the two were resting their elbows on the Dormouse as they spoke.

“No room! No room!” they cried out when they saw Alirin approaching. “There’s plenty of room!” she responded, rather rudely, and sat down at the head of the table closest to them, without waiting for an invitation.

They sat for a time without saying anything, which Alirin thought odd since they both seemed like the types who would like to chat. Just as she was about to start a conversation (though the weather would certainly not be the subject) the Hatter and the Hare began to sing together.

Twinkle, twinkle little bat!
How I wonder what you’re at!
Up above the world you fly,
Like a tea-tray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle - -

This is when the Dormouse shook himself and began singing in his sleep, “twinkle, twinkle, twinkle, twinkle...” and went on so long that the Hatter had to pinch him to stop.

Another moment of silence occurred and then the March Hare decided to speak. “I’m bored; perhaps the young lady will tell us a story.”

“I don’t think I know any!” Alirin responded, feeling alarmed at being put on the spot.

“Then the Dormouse shall!” the Mad Hatter decided as he pinched the little creature awake.

So the Dormouse awoke and began to tell his tale, with curious Alirin interrupting with questions all the while. “There were once three sisters who lived at the bottom of a well...”

“What did they live on?'

“Treacle.” after a moment of thought.

“But they couldn’t have, they’d have been ill.”

“And so they were. Very ill.” the Dormouse responded.

“But why did they live there?” the curious little girl asked.

“Because it was a treacle-well. And so the three little girls were learning to draw.”

“What did they draw?”

“Treacle.” he said, without hesitation.

“I need a clean cup!” the Hatter announced, “move a place over!” And so they all got up and moved a place over. Once they were settled the Dormouse continued.

“They also drew things that began with the latter M, like mouse-traps, and the moon, and muchness – you know, you say things are “much of a muchness” – and memory, and mobility, and mirrors and wolves.”

“Wolves doesn’t start with an M, it starts with a W.” Alirin interrupted.

“Yes, well a W is simply an M upside down; just as if you take the word “mouse” and turn it upside down you get the word “wolf”. So upside down I am actually a dorwolf.” He replied, as he started to dose off again.

Before Alirin could say anything about how little sense this made, the March Hare spoke up. “Well, I didn’t know that about you!” he exclaimed.

“Neither did I!” the Mad Hatter said. And so the two grabbed the sleeping Dormouse by the tail and held him upside down to see what would happen. After merely moments the little creature’s white fur began to turn brown, and large fangs were growing out of his mouth. Feeling afraid the Hare and the Hatter stuffed the transforming Dorwolf into a nearby teapot all full of tea. After holding down the shaking china for a few moments it quickly stopped.

Alirin got up now from her large chair and ran down the path, feeling quite alarmed by the evil dormouse and its sudden demise, and starting to think that perhaps she’d like to go home now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2

Alive
Glirdan – Mad Hatter
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Isabellkya – White Rabbit
Mira – March Hare
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Inzil – King of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Morsul – the Mock Turtle
Nienna – White Queen
Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Lommy – the Gryphon
Greenie – White Knight
Brinniel – Tweedledee

It is now Night 3.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-10-2010 at 08:43 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #450
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril Day 3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin decided to stop running when she realised she was fairly far away from the mad tea party. She quickly found the garden path again and continued to walk, hoping that perhaps she could go home soon, or at least meet someone nicer and/or not dead. Soon she happened upon someone familiar.

“The Duchess! The Duchess! Oh my ears and whiskers! She’ll get me executed as sure as ferrets are ferrets! Where could I have dropped them?” the White Rabbit was saying as he searched the ground; it was clear he had lost something, so Alirin started looking around.

Soon the Rabbit noticed her. “Why, Mary Ann, what are you doing here? Run home this instant and fetch me a pair of gloves and a fan! Quick now!” So she did, heading in the direction that he nodded in, not wanting to correct him.

Soon she arrived at a little house with the name W. Rabbit written on the front door. She ran in without knocking because she was scared to bump into the real Mary Ann. Soon she found herself in a little room with a table by the window and, as she had hoped, there was a fan and a pair of gloves sitting on top of it. As she grabbed the gloves and fan she noticed that there was also a little bottle full of a strange liquid, just like the one from the hall with the little door.

Even though there was no label that said “drink me”, she decided to anyway, since she was hoping it would return her to her normal size. She drank down half and soon began to grow so large that she had to stick one arm out the window and a foot up the chimney!

“It was much pleasanter at home,” Alirin said to herself, “when one wasn’t growing bigger and smaller all the time or being ordered about by mice and rabbits. I almost wish I had never gone down that rabbit hole – and yet – it is rather curious here! Perhaps a book should be written about me.”

“Mary Ann! Mary Ann! Fetch me my gloves this moment!” she could hear the White Rabbit yelling from outside. That’s when he noticed that there was an arm sticking out his window and let out a little shriek. Suddenly there were pebbles being thrown at her so she reached out and tried to grab the White Rabbit to make him stop. She only just was able to grab him but he squiggled out and fell. All she heard was a loud thump.

Everything was silent so Alirin looked around the little room. This is when she noticed that some of the pebbles had turned to cakes! She grabbed one up and decided to eat it, figuring she could not get any larger. She ate it up and soon had shrunk down to 16 inches high.

Alirin ran down the stairs and out the door to see what had happened to the Rabbit. She looked around the outside of the house and came upon a large bush. She could see two white feet sticking out of the top of the bush, and it was clear they would not be moving. She had seen enough to know that she wanted to leave this place, so she continued to run down the path, hoping not to meet anyone else.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2
Izzy - White Rabbit - Ordinary - killed Night 3

Alive
Glirdan – Mad Hatter
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Mira – March Hare
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Inzil – King of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Morsul – the Mock Turtle
Nienna – White Queen
Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Lommy – the Gryphon
Greenie – White Knight
Brinniel – Tweedledee

It is now Day 3. Posting may begin.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #451
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

This Post has been buzzing through my head All Day...

If Glirdan's innocent and we lynched him we'd just lynch Sally today... So what pay off would there be to lie? To last One more day?

I think Glirdan's a wolf... Sally I think was planning a False Seer reveal, just look at this post:

Quote:
Inzil: Not a wolf. Plain and simple. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.
The move only makes sense to gain our trust... Gaining one day isn't worth it. I mean 4 out of 16.... 3 out of 16 still gives us lots of time still I just don't see a one day gain worth it.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #452
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, looks as if I backed the wrong horse there. Glirdan could technically still be a wolf, but I doubt it. It's not so much his words toward the end of yesterDay that make him look better (I still say his attack looked evil), but this from Sallywolf:

Quote:
That looks like real panic, trying to convince Nienna to vote Glirdan instead of her. If Nienna had done so and Glirdan was a wolf, the pack would be in the same situation they are now.

That said, I fully intend to vote Mira toDay, barring some major developments.

x/d with Morsul
Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #453
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Yeah but Inzil I think a false seer reveal would gain her more time than the one day gained from the lynch.

I don't understand the motivation otherwise.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #454
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
This Post has been buzzing through my head All Day...

If Glirdan's innocent and we lynched him we'd just lynch Sally today... So what pay off would there be to lie? To last One more day?

I think Glirdan's a wolf... Sally I think was planning a False Seer reveal, just look at this post:

The move only makes sense to gain our trust... Gaining one day isn't worth it. I mean 4 out of 16.... 3 out of 16 still gives us lots of time still I just don't see a one day gain worth it.
I guess it's possible. And now that I think of it, if Glirdan had been lynched and he was a wolf, Sally could be in some pretty good graces right now, even without a false Seer-reveal.
Still, I don't know that it's all that likely Glirdan is a wolf.

x/d with Morsul again
Old 04-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #455
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know this will be an unpopular move however I'm going with my gut on this one.

++Glirdan

It got me one wolf so maybe It'll get me another.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #456
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Morsul, that line from Sally has been bothering me as well. I think that the chances are actually quite high that Glirdy is a wolf. She may have been thinking that if I switched and he was a wolf she would be redeemed or she could make a false seer-reveal and if she was lynched it could be passed off as the meaningless banter of a wolf trying to save herself.

Edit: x-ed
Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #457
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Well, looks as if I backed the wrong horse there. Glirdan could technically still be a wolf, but I doubt it. It's not so much his words toward the end of yesterDay that make him look better (I still say his attack looked evil), but this from Sallywolf:

That looks like real panic, trying to convince Nienna to vote Glirdan instead of her. If Nienna had done so and Glirdan was a wolf, the pack would be in the same situation they are now.

That said, I fully intend to vote Mira toDay, barring some major developments.

x/d with Morsul
Let's try putting ourselves in Salwolf's shoes, working under the assumption that Glirdy is her packmate. She was about to die. She was currently two votes ahead of her packmate. If Nienna switched votes, Glirdy would die and she would look better come Morning because she'd helped kill a wolf. If Nienna didn't, her packmate would look better come Morning becaues a wolf had tried to kill him.

If he were an innocent, of course, she'd probably do the same, but my point is, don't write him off just because of what Sally said at endDay.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #458
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Let's try putting ourselves in Salwolf's shoes, working under the assumption that Glirdy is her packmate. She was about to die. She was currently two votes ahead of her packmate. If Nienna switched votes, Glirdy would die and she would look better come Morning because she'd helped kill a wolf. If Nienna didn't, her packmate would look better come Morning becaues a wolf had tried to kill him.

If he were an innocent, of course, she'd probably do the same, but my point is, don't write him off just because of what Sally said at endDay.
Like I said, now that I think about it, it's not as outlandish a possibility as I'd thought. That line from Sally didn't look staged to me, more like a spur-of-the-moment thing, which was what gave me pause.
The reason I voted Glirdan was that I thought his attack on Sally looked too aggressive and opportunitstic, and I really thought she'd probably turn out to be innocent.
Can it be that easy?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #459
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

List, considering...

Trust unreservedly:
Lottie

Trust nearly unreservedly:
Nog
Zil
Shasta
Nienna
Legate
Lommy

Trust more or less:
Brinn
Mira
Nerwen
Morsul
Skip

Unsure:
Wintywinty
Agan

Suspect:
Glirdan
Greenie

Will only vote those in the latter two categories. Preferably Glirdy.

EDIT: xed
Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #460
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Like I said, now that I think about it, it's not as outlandish a possibility as I'd thought. That line from Sally didn't look staged to me, more like a spur-of-the-moment thing, which was what gave me pause.
The reason I voted Glirdan was that I thought his attack on Sally looked too aggressive and opportunitstic, and I really thought she'd probably turn out to be innocent.
Can it be that easy?
I think it can be that easy. I don't think Sally was planning on getting caught. Besides, the last two wolves might be using their two packmates as distractions in order to try to slip back into the village unnoticed. They probably won't be too eager to save Glirdy, no matter what role he is.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #461
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I think it can be that easy. I don't think Sally was planning on getting caught. Besides, the last two wolves might be using their two packmates as distractions in order to try to slip back into the village unnoticed. They probably won't be too eager to save Glirdy, no matter what role he is.
Looking at your 'trust' list, why do you 'trust more or less' Mira? I think she looks pretty furry at the moment.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #462
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Looking at your 'trust' list, why do you 'trust more or less' Mira? I think she looks pretty furry at the moment.
Mostly because I've never thought of her as evil in the least. She's looked pretty good to me - but, now that you mention it, I can't recall anything that she's said or done. Maybe she needs to move back into my Unsure category...that thing just keeps growing.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #463
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Morsul does make a good point and it's certainly a possibility. But it could go either way. It's also possible Sally was making a double bluff and he's in fact innocent.

Glirdan entered the Day late and went through the thread page by page. He started suspecting Sally from the very beginning, and I'm not sure it's clear whether he was aware she was ahead in votes when he was posting these opinions. Though if he were a wolf, I would suspect he would check the vote tally first....if innocent, maybe not. Would an evil Glirdan go after his packmate so eagerly from the beginning of his posts for the Day? If they were both wolves, it would make sense for them to go against each other at the very end since a wolf will be lynched either way. But I don't think Glirdan was a serious candidate until the end of the Day and he started suspecting Sally before that. I suppose if he saw the vote tally and decided she was a lost cause, he could've chosen to throw her under the bus to make himself look better.

Hmm...this is something to think about. It seems quite possible Glirdan is indeed a wolf, but it's definitely something we can't be certain of. It'd be a really good idea to review both Sally and Glirdan's posts from the last two Days. Unfortunately, I will have to pass that task onto someone else as I need to write a debate due tomorrow I haven't even started. I'll be available for the next several hours to make brief comments, but I just won't have any time to write anything very substantial toDay.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #464
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Well, I'd say it's spur-of-the-moment, but possibly also staged:

Nienna's vote on Sally came in one minute before DL. Sally read and commented on it:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
++ Sally
What the....that doesn't even make sense. Not even commentary, just a vote?

You. Are. Bonkers.

Oh, and because Wilwa's bothering me....

++Glirdan
Judging from the time-stamps, she must have started typing the next post immediately after hitting "submit" on the previous one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005

So, whatever her purpose, it's certainly a sudden change of tone. I don't think she'd been planning to do that all along– but she might have thought, "hey, since I'm going down, why not stage a 'desperate' last-second attack that will make my packmate look good?"

There's a question of whether Sally honestly believed she had a chance of changing the outcome at that point (right on DL).

I mean, I suppose she could have lost track of the time...

EDIT:wording

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-11-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #465
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
As for Glirdan, I agree with the points Inzil brought against him late yesterday, especially the one about this quote -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
This whole post is waaaaay too defensive. It's a game of Werewolf, suspicions will come up, why are you being overly defensive? The only possible explanation for that would be that you're a Wolf trying to save your hide, so to speak.
To me, this looks like a wolf eager to hammer a packmate.

But that's enough about Glirdan. I'm sure he'll be analyzed to death today anyway. I think I'm going to look at Greenie - and I'd like that promised explanation about her vote.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #466
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Sally I think was planning a False Seer reveal, just look at this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005
Inzil: Not a wolf. Plain and simple. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.
Might well be. But again, if her cry of "Glirdan's a wolf!" was meant to be the start of her "reveal", I have to wonder why she left it so late.

Did she expect more people to pick up on her Seer-hints than was in fact the case? Perhaps– look at this (shortly before DL):

Quote:
*is here...*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Oh thank tea! Lol.

*snuggles you*

So. I thought you had some things you wanted to ask me, but you never did so I never answered. Unless I missed them. Sorry.
That, in turn, refers to this exchange earlier:

Quote:
Stop defending yourself and tell us who you think are wolves or who you find suspicious and why.
Quote:
I think you missed it. If you want more details I'm happy to give.
Quote:
Yes I did miss that... the formatting isn't eye-catching for me. I would love more details though.
Quote:
*waves at Nienna*

Don't worry about it. I did that post right as I thought I'd be leaving so I didn't format it all pretty; my apologies. What do you need clarification on?
From this, I'd guess Sally was counting on Nienna to catch-on that she was the "Seer"– compare to her surprise and indignation when Nienna voted her (see my previous post). (This is all assuming Nienna's innocent, of course– otherwise we'd have to put it down to a sense of betrayal, but that doesn't seem very likely at the moment).

EDIT:X'd with Shasta.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #467
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
I have an essay to finish writing, but directly afterwards I am going to analyze all of Glirdy's interactions with Sally, and then branch off and see if there are any posts of Sally's linking him to another wolf.
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #468
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So it seems Nienna's vote was indeed the deciding vote of the Day. If I counted correctly, the final tally was 8-6. Had Nienna voted for Glirdan instead, it would've been a tie at 7-7 and since Glirdan would've received the last vote, he would've been lynched. So what does this say about Nienna?

If Glirdan is a wolf, she could be anything. If Glirdan is innocent, it would seem more likely that Nienna is innocent. Of course, it is always possible a Nienna-wolf threw her packmate under the bus, though that would've been a bold move since she did have the opportunity to save her. She would have to be pretty confident her team would do just as well if not better without Sally, or believe that Sally would probably be lynched soon anyway so she might as well make herself look better. I'm just not sure how likely that scenario actually is.

Btw, no one has mentioned Izzy's death. My first thought is she was an easy kill because she didn't receive much attention from most players. Though I wonder if there could be more to it. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to look through her posts too...if only I had the time.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #469
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Aganalysis

Edited out smilies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
YYYYEEEHAAAA!

Because I don't know pretty much anything about the books, I'm going to be sensible/boring (depends on your point of view) and not even try to post in character (except for the next few sentences).

Okay things in the order in which they occurred to me.

I am your Queen and it's my business to order executions. You are not allowed to hurt me.
In other words, I am going to be mad if somebody kills me during the first few days/nights because I haven't played in a year and it's going to be long till I have time to play again. But this is just my personal opinion.

Just thought to tell you that I spent the Night walking around Helsinki dressed as a wolf because a friend wanted me to play one for her Little Red Riding Hood art project.

I always wonder why, if the mod starts a day early, they allow the wolves to PM at the same time that the village can talk. I would so want to seize the opportunity to do something silly with my fellows if I was in that situation.

Hahaha Fea.

Hey Shasta why does Fea's vote bother you? And why do you say 'still' when that's the first time you say it?

Brinn seems to be her normal self (ie she slightly rubs me the wrong way). But yeah she speaks sense, unlike most of the others.

By the way winty, we shouldn't edit our posts except to mark cross-posting. And it's true there are no reasons for votes yet, but that's why we're talking. Sooner or later somebody says or does something suspicious. Of course it helps if we have some corpses whose relations to living players we can observe, but first we need to get going.

No it doesn't make me evil, it only makes me unfaithful.

Yippee Greenie's tone strikes me as overly self-conscious! Nothing has indeed changed during my absence!

Usually when a newbie wolf enters the pack the older team members tell them to look just as new and ignorant and confused as they normally would and not to give away the slightest hint that they have received nightly counsel. And you have been a wolf enough times to know this is true. Or are you speculating about what you did last night?
What exactly made you draw attention to winty after two posts? It looks like a Nerwolf looking for an easy lynch.

Ahem what? Are you perchance giving advice to somebody?

The seer should keep in mind that they can't trust their dreams 100% because the cobbler appears as innocent. Last time I played in a game where the seer couldn't discern the cobbler's true identity, we wolves totally used it to our advantage and left him alive although he was supposedly a known innocent, and in the end we won because we could control his vote... Ah fond memories! But yeah that's why I think the cobbler should be killed as soon as possible (ie if the seer says 'X is an ordo' but we think 'X is damn suspicious' => lynch X), I've played in too many a game (three readily spring to mind) where people have said, 'Let's go for the most wolfish-looking person, we can deal with the cobbler later.' Well, when there are fewer and fewer people left, nobody wants to 'waste' a lynch on the cobbler and ta-da, soon the cobbler plays a crucial role in the evil victory.
Also, if the Cursed is turned (and the risk exists until they die and we see they were the Cursed), it practically destroys the seer's known innocent list.
I am saying this now as I've said this before, because it's better if the seer isn't sure than if the seer is too sure and wrong.

In a way yeah, but because people don't like random votes, it's likely they'd demand the said random-voters head on a platter for it.
Basically a wolf can vote in any way whatsoever, and playing a major role in the lynching of a wolf doesn't redeem anybody because wolves might as well sacrifice one for the pack to make the rest look good.

Okay I'm going to be here for, hmm, half an hour before I have to go.
Basic Day 1 post, as well as bringing up the cobbler issue - aka, Seer don't trust your dreams too much. Which makes sense.

Quote:
Even if you don't understand why somebody does something, it doesn't make it silly. And what does it matter if they 'waste' their retractable votes early on? After all it's the wolves who benefit the most from them, and if everybody used theirs at once, we would eliminate the risk of wolf-organised lynches later.
I don't claim Fea's or winty's vote make them innocent, but Morsul is awfully quick to jump on them with flimsy reasoning.

Using the retractable votes quickly might be worth some discussion... Personally I would be happy with everybody using theirs as soon as possible. Innocents vote alone, but the wolves, having a way to communicate, can use their votes in a much broader scale. I seem to remember a game (phantom's last one, for those who know. In addition to their normal daily vote, every player had 10 extra votes they could use whenever they wished) where pretty much everybody else but the wolves used some of their votes during the first days. The wolves saved all or most of theirs for later and won because they could use their extra votes against the village all at once.
And when there is something like 6 people left, two of whom wolves, it does make a difference if the wolves can retract and the others cannot.

I was honestly expecting people would jump on my comment like 'You there are you trying to undermine the seer's authority and sow discord, you're a wolf!' so does the fact that you liked my point mean you're a wolf?

Yeah but there are some things that remain pretty much the same from game to game, among them that newbie wolves should behave as if they had no pack backing them up. And I don't think the "newbie or newbie wolf" question is a problem yet - thus far it's just a question, but you're trying to make it a problem. So we lynch winty and she/he was an innocent, and what have we left? An easy lynch and nothing else.

Mmh no, I fail to see a connection there. I think/thought you were talking about different things.

(Yay I had missed playing with you, too! <3)

Trust me, if I was looking for an easy day 1 lynch after a year's WW break, it would not be you.
Yeah his vote was random, but he is a newbie and at least I am willing to forgive newbies for things I wouldn't forgive for example people like you on day 1. It's alright to remark on it, but I think you were pushing it a tad too hard. Making it a bigger issue than it really was.

Okie dokie, I'm glad to hear that. And I mean we should go for the most suspicious person, regardless of whether we think they're a wolf or the cobbler. It's better to lynch we're-sure-she's-the-cobbler than we're-almost-sure-she's-a-wolf.

*hugs* It was beautiful work.
(Sorry I'm just talking about previous games all the time!)

Oh and people when quoting a vote post, is there any chance you could take off the higlights? It's a bit disturbing, especially when we have to do quick vote counts.

Hey winty have you played werewolf before on other forums? If yes you'll come to find that Barrowdowns werewolf is slightly more in-depth (or so I am told) than most others.

Thanks for saving my voice and speaking my thoughts aloud, dear husband.

Your conclusion = it was suspicious? I see but a plus-minus-zero situation.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't remember who's playing which character, so it would be nice if people used the player names instead of/in addition to character names in their posts.

I had no way of knowing you were talking about it.

Ah so was your vote then based on a nightly discussion with Brinn who said, 'Don't be too friendly towards me!'?

I would be darn happy if it was, but alas it is not.

As some of you might be aware of, the deadline is 04.30 my time which means I'm going to vote in a couple of hours.
Starts the "dump retractables, kthnxsbye" debate and responds to other posts (in what I must admit is a reasonable way).

Quote:
Innocent
Inzil. I agree with him about winty's vote and thus far he hasn't given me a reason to suspect him.
Lommy. I like her and she's reasonable and has a nice fluffy nose.
skip. I'm just so darn happy he's playing at last that I wouldn't vote for him today even if he revealed he was a wolf. Thus far he hasn't given much of a reason for me to worry though.
Legate. Alright enough.
Brinniel. There's always something about her style that makes me suspect her, however I don't find her overly suspicious at the moment and I approve of her trying to take the discussion out of IC banter.
Nienna. I don't think we've ever got past day 1 with both of us being alive, so just because of that I'll refrain from voting for her today. But she seems innocent enough anyway.

Guilty
Mira. Suspecting newbies is just way too easy, and at the same time she clears Fea's vote (despite the 'on a more serious note' start, the whole comment looked like a joke though).
Morsul. I don't like his reasoning, he seems way too quick to jump to conclusions. But maybe it's just his style. Out of curiosity, how many games have you actually played in, Morsul?
Lottie. I didn't really see any issue with Lottie's earlier behaviour (granted I just skimmed through her first posts because I was in a hurry and didn't think they contained anything very important). However I disagree with her later comments on people - although I don't know if it's because of the content or the style they're written. And that moves her from Nonsense onto the Guilty list. It feels sort of weird that she should make an analysis of a player (Glirdy) who has only posted some random IC banter, like, who makes an analysis on day 1 when there's so little to go on? And hahaha it's sort of grotesque to use the abbreviations WW and SS for the newbies.

Nonsense
Glirdy. Content? Where's the actual content?
Nog. The first one to say he was uneasy about Lottie's behaviour, wasn't he? For relatively little reason, I think ("infamous mode of "no bad person, even insane one, would do that kind of a thing").
winty. Newbie so I won't vote for her/him today. I think people read too much into his/her vote.
sally. Content? Where's the actual content?
Shasta. It's a worse welcome than voting that you suspect me because of my natural lynch-happiness.
Fea. I'm alright with her vote.
Green. She's another one whose tone always sets me off and I always think she's too laid-back to have the village's best interests in mind, but so far I don't havean opinion of her.
Nerwen. I think her reaction to winty's vote was exaggerated and it looks as if she was looking for an easy lynch, but Nerwen and I also have a history of being on each other's throats (usually it starts with me on Nerwen's throat) so I'm going to wait for more evidence (like the word terrible) before making a judgement.

Non-show
Boro
Isabell

I knew you wouldn't like it! Actually I was about to end it with *waits for Nog to come and tell her she's undermining the seer's authority* but didn't do it.
I think this is just one of our differences in views because I seem to recall having argued with you before about similar stuff...

Nope for me it isn't. What if I died today or in the night and nobody else had thought of it (if it's not of any great strategic importance, I prefer to say what I mean to say right away and not wait for a more relevant situation that may never come)? And if the seer can't fully trust their dreams, it's better they keep it in mind from the start, not only if/when they come out with their name list. I have won a game as a wolf because the seer trusted the cobbler was innocent, and if there's something I love, it's making my best so other wolves can't use my tricks to win when I'm not on their side.

I'm most likely going to vote for either Morsul or Mira today.
...first off I can't help but bring up that she puts Sally, Glirdy, and Greenie in her Nonsense list. Secondly I will, however, note that she is making sense in her cobbler-seer-dream response.

Quote:
Greenie's last post moves her up towards my Innocent list because I agree with her (actually about everything) and she calls me lovely. However I wonder too if I should be worried that I don't suspect her, because usually when I do she's innocent.
Trusts Greenie more.

Quote:
Ookay I've never played with Morsul before so I don't know how he's supposed to behave, but I don't like him nonetheless and he's still a candidate for my vote.

I think Greenie and Legate and Lommy do have a point about Lottie and I might vote for her too but then again I'm unsure because I don't know her style.

I seem to recall seeing her post on Facebook, trying to convince TGEW to join and telling that if she did three Alaskans would be playing... so I assume that's the explanation.

Hahaha thanks!

And yeah sally you need to read closer because I'm not going to go through the pains of explaining it all again to you.
Says she might vote Morsul or maybe me; responding to Sally.

Quote:
Lommy that's unfair you know how much I like crows!

I think in this case innocent = ordo. Both are seen as ordos.

That's true and that's why everybody should remember that a seer-dreamed innocent is not necessarily innocent after all...

Anyway Izzie seems innocent enough.

Morsul if everyone else calls your 'scientific method' knee-jerk, have you perchance thought there might be something wrong with your definition?

Now I'll go brew some mint leaves and will be soon back to vote.
Makes a good point to Morsul (mebbe you should take this into account, dear? Just sayin'...) and restates her seer-dream-cobbler point.

Quote:
Hey Nog you posted the same post twice.

Sorry but would you care to speak English that's understandable even to a non-native speaker so I don't have to spend a twice longer time reading your post than I would need for anyone else?

As you might have noticed I didn't play in last game. And it's perfectly alright to point out what you find odd, but your thought process in the post I found suspicious seemed half-hearted and lazy and somehow far-fetched too (the part that Lommy or someone else pointed out). Give better reasons for your suspicions and I might change my mind about you.

But yeah as for now

[*highlight]++Mirandir[/highlight*]

because thus far she seems the most suspicious to me.

oh and

[*highlight]--Mirandir[/highlight*]
[*highlight]++Mirandir[/highlight*]

as I dislike retrackies anyway, and this is what I think everyone should do because otherwise the wolves will probably use them against us in the end.

I'll hang around here till I've finished my tea and will go to sleep then.
Votes Mira, then follows her own advice and dumps her retractables.

Quote:
She went to sleep, but I think it's pretty obvious Greenie meant Lottie was the only one she had any valid points on. At least her earlier posts suggest it.
Responds about confusion about Greenie's vote post.

Quote:
Fea - Lottie
winty - Brinn
Lommy - Lottie
Boro - Glirdy
Green - Lottie
Morsul - winty
Agan - Mira

Lottie-3, Mira-1, winty-1, Glirdy-1, Brinn-1

Retraction left: everybody but Agan & sally

I think we really should keep track on who has used their retraction and who hasn't, and that everyone should use them asap, because as I've said they are more useful to the wolves than to us.
Vote count and reiteration that people should dump their retractables.

Quote:
Just returned back to my old self because I like it better and recognise it faster.
Responding about her avie switch.

Quote:
Imagine some innocents, a couple of wolves. The innocents have used (most of) their retractions, the wolves haven't. The wolves can vote for whomever is the most convenient for them and then, when most other votes have been given, unite and direct their votes towards an innocent who is lynched, and nobody else can do anything. Because I can see that scenario, I'd rather eliminate it before the wolves have even a chance to try it.

Mmh yeah but the wolves have the advantage of being able to talk in private. That way they can make plans about using the votes, among other things, whereas whatever we others say, the wolves see it too. And the wolves are fine with killing anybody but one of them, while it's not quite so simple for us. So even if the retractable votes might be useful for us, we can't really base our plans on them...

Mostly because of this comment though:

Basically, "It's suspicious because it could go either way."

Might happen. However it's always best for the seer to not reveal during the last-minute voting frenzy.
Also, retractable votes and the 'who receives the highest number of votes last' rule are a bad combination in the case of a tie because if a wolf (or somebody else) wants to drive a lynch, they wait till the last possible moment, retract and vote again.

Haha sorry. On one hand I'm sorry to let go of my previous avvie (a Goya painting ♥) but on the other hand... Scar is Scar, and worth another ♥.

Okay I'll go to sleep now, night babies.
More retractable dumping encouraging.

Quote:
Okay I don't have too much time now...

*is sad about Boro's death*

Me too but I'm happy she was lynched in the end. That's what happens when you think you know better what Fea is doing...

No s*it Sherlock!
I don't think the connection was that obvious either. While skimming through the thread in the night I noticed there might be something between them, but I didn't actually think they were the Shirriffs. However it's likely that the wolves spend more time looking for possible connections than the innocents. But on the other hand, Lottie might have been a relatively easy lynch today... So I don't really know.

Good morning Brinn! And to be honest I'm quite surprised that Lommy is posting as early as at 11.

Lottie I'll have to go through sally myself before judging her but I think you're maybe a bit too subjective in your analysis (at least Lommy and Macalaure are allowed to laugh at this comment). Like, you've already decided she's a wolf so you consequentially see everything she says or does in that light.
And yeah this is Aganwolf defending her fellow and whatnot (by the way last night I had a dream I was a wolf. Inzil was too).

I'd like to know that too (and not only because I'm one of her wolves) and I would totally be suspecting her because of it if she wasn't the other Shirriff... Because I have yet to see a day 1 when someody pins down all the wolves at once (oh wait I did that in Mith's game! But granted it was jokingly).

Okay a proper look at yesterday now.
Says the *is sad about Boro's death* line that I still don't like (I never like being sad about the Night kill; I think it screams wolf, but I can see where some wouldn't); says she'll have to look at Sally herself (understandable) but then also says "And yeah this is Aganwolf defending her fellow and whatnot" which I find strange and somewhat suspicious...then understandably asks for clarification on my suspicions.

Quote:
Ah ha! Main advocate? I don't think so. I thought other people (Greenie at least) had good points about you and I found you suspicious, but it was not enough to vote for you. I suspected Mira and Morsul more. And if I had voted for you, you'd accuse me of jumping into the bandwagon now, eh?
And what's this real contribution you're talking about? How is your contribution different from or better than mine?
Um...okay. Looking more closely, I can see your point there, and this really does seem like a frustrated innocent...

Quote:
What do you mean by this?

Yeah I know, it wasn't an accusation (of not posting enough, not of wolvery), just a remark that there was nothing I considered important in your posts. And the pleasure is mine.

#128: I don't think I'm on the same wavelength with Nog, there are just some differences in the way we think (seems to happen always), but I think he looks quite good for the time being. If he was a wolf, I don't think he would've brought up Fea's behaviour (does the cursed know about her status, could Fea be the cobbler etc).

What makes you think so? She had just posted a couple of times and most of it was banter, and her only real contribution was something I found suspicious.

That's what I think of her too - always. I try to be careful not to suspect her every time because of it, but she and I aren't on the same wavelength, either... Although hmm I should probably check some old games (just to get some statistics) because there have been times I've decided not to suspect her simply because she doesn't feel right to me and she's turned out to be a wolf.

That's the way alliances are made, darling.

Okay Inzil's vote is based on my suspicions of Mira. While I have nothing against people agreeing with me (it makes me feel clever), I don't think the vote looks too good. Or, it all depends on Mira's role. If she turns out to be a wolf then Inzil will be more or less cleared in my mind, but if not Inzil looks worse.
He also considered Fea but didn't vote for her simply because he didn't think she was a wolf, and then attacked the Lottie-wagoners, saying the bandwagon was suspicious but two of its members (Lommy & Legate) were not and one (Green) got the benefit of doubt because of being busy. Why exactly was the Lottie-train suspicious then?

Izzy as I remember her has never been one of the loudmouths, but I don't know if that's changed during my absence.

Hmm reading Glirdan's post (#142) and it seems my comment about the unlikeliness of pinning all the wolves on day 1 can be more or less ignored. Although I still think it's darn unlikely, and it's dangerous to be so convinced so early.

I think Izzy looks good.

I would love to see more substance from sally. Not too fond of her at the moment.

It will not actually help us, but if nobody had their retractions, it wouldn't help the wolves either, and that's what I'm after... However I see I'm not getting much support. Quite a few people have said they want to save their votes because they've been in a situation before where their vote has been the decisive one. Might well be there's a wolf among them, but I have no time to pursue that further now.

Who has said that? I don't disagree, I just can't for the life in me remember having seen anyone talk about Brinn before your vote.

I like Glirdan for now.

I have to go now (going to see a play with a friend, yay!), will be back some time in the evening.
Basic summary post in which she sort of suspects Zil and doesn't suspect Izzy or Glirdy. No one suspected Izzy, though, so that really doesn't say much at all.

Quote:
Okay I'm seriously going to kill Lommy if she's a wolf because I love her vote analysis post and generally seem to agree with her quite much.

And I don't like Lottie the Known Innocent being convinced I'm a baddie with flimsy and subjective "I've already decided you're a wolf and do my best to pick up only those things you've done that back up my theory" reasons. If she wasn't a known innocent I'm pretty certain wouldn't be picking a fight with her but attacking her in return.

Yeah, on that I agree, and I suppose I make too big a deal of it but once I got started, it just felt natural to carry on with it. I still think it would be good if no one had their retraction left in a couple of days, but I see that's very unlikely to happen (and in that light, it was a mistake to waste mine, but I am a woman of my word). Still, those who haven't used their retraction should be kept an eye on, and not just during the last days when it can really make a difference because then it's already too late (the wolves can always come up with an excuse to save their retraction for a few days).
I am not telling anybody to do it, but I think it's what an innocent would do...

Hey Zil sorry if I've missed something but I don't think I got an answer to my question:

I think knowing sally's role would shed some light on other people, but although I have nothing against her death, I don't like Morsul's vote. It doesn't seem genuine, it looks as if he was intentionally trying to come up with reasons to vote for her. Okay Nienna phrased it better than me, I basically agree with her.

Yes in the same way as when a wolf you haven't been suspecting dies. It didn't occur to you that they were a wolf so you're surprised, although in hindsight you should've (or could have) guessed. But I don't think that's a very important issue.

Hey Nienna you didn't answer my question:

The thing is, nobody said that you have good insights and you're a very good player/wolf - during the day. Winty says it's something many have said, but who has he heard it from if no one has said so here? Lottie how much have you been talking to him about the Downs, and have you praised Brinn to him?
It might be newbie behaviour, but I think it's pretty darn suspicious newbie behaviour. And although Brinn brought up other points against him (you can't vote for someone early and explain it by things "others have said"), her reaction to winty's post is somewhat lesser than I imagined it would be. It looks as if she was giving him advice, but if they were fellows why did he vote for her then? Of course it's possible she's nothing but an experienced player instructing a newbie, regardless of their roles...
Understandably is annoyed by me (I am sorry, dear, I plead temporary insanity due to sickness...flimsy excuse, I know ) and ponders about Brinn and WW.

Quote:
Okay thanks. I haven't changed my mind about her ww suspicion, but I'd like to hear more from her.

Nope, they can do it as early as on day 1 if their fellow comes under heavy suspicion (or if they think there's no chance that their fellow is lynched). It's happened before and will continue to happen because it's just so darn convenient for the wolves.

Seriously it was a newbie's first post.

Not the same thing because their styles are different. Morsul's struck me as opportunistic whereas Lottie was mostly just too over-confident to my liking.

No it wouldn't. If Nerwen had given me a reason to suspect her beyond her treatment of ww, I would have - regardless of my role.

Me too and that's why I said Lommy and Mac may laugh at me (they both have been targets for my forceful and unjust attacks more than once ).

Nope because as long as the game is running I'm not going to talk of it outside of the game thread. Who knows, I might be the seer who just dreamed of Wolfziladun, or it might be a lie I told for a reason unknown to you.
In any case, I can't remember anything more about the dream so I don't think I will even after the game is over.

Yes but what was so suspicious about the Lottie-wagon in the first place? You just decided it was fishy but when looking at the Lottie-voters, none of them was suspicious enough to receive your vote. Usually people and their reasons for voting make a bandwagon suspicious, not the other way round.

By itself it's not, but I think it's far more likely that the wolves use their retraction to kill an innocent than the other way round. Yeah I know they can be useful to the innocents too, but their benefit for the wolves is more imminent.

What I don't disagree about is that Brinn is a good player and, if a wolf, asset to the wolf team (I've been a wolf with her and heck she's brilliant). I can hardly disagree (in the sense I understand the word) on what ww claims to be the reason for his vote.

Most of the things, I would say.

I don't like that comment. I wasn't planning to do it, but that looks too much like a threat. Yeah yeah I might be totally overestimating how important the wolves consider the retrackies, but still.

I think sally should be suspected more often if it gets her to speak seriously.
Makes pretty good points...

Quote:
GUILTY
Morsul. I still don't like his reasoning but I don't know if I'm reading too much into it because apparently everyone else (who has played with him before) is fine with it.

Mira. I don't have anything on her except for her weird treatment of winty, but she's staying here until she gives me a reason to consider her innocent. If she's a wolf, I'll be almost convinced Inzil is not.

winty. An extremely fishy explanation for his vote. First, no one had said anything like that about Brinn (Brinn's qualities as a player were discussed very little anyway). Plus (as Brinn said) the explanation seems quite obviously fabricated. I don't know how much of it to put down on his being a newbie (and I want to know how much he knows through Lottie), but generally honesty is better than lying, even if you have to admit you've down something silly.

Inzil. I don't like his comment about the Lottie wagon. Plus he seems to trust Lottie enough to consider her suspects (or all of them except for, conveniently, Greenie) serious enough to go through them himself but still thinks it's appropriate of me to ask Lottie why she's so sure... If he's a wolf I think Greenie should be looked closely at, and the other way round (I'm just afraid it would be too obvious though). And of course knowing his role would shed some light on Mira's. Actually I might well vote for him today.

INNOCENT
Lottie. Although I do think her suspicion of me is bad (obviously since I'm innocent) and she's generally too convinced about people's guilt too early.

Lommy. Speaks sensibly and things I can easily agree on. Of course there's a chance she's fooling me magnificently but at the moment I'm not too concerned about that, because she really seems innocent.

Isabell. Speaks sense and I find myself agreeing with her, although I'm not sure if I should be worried because I also have a history of mistrusting her when she's innocent (ie always, except for her first game, but it doesn't count because we were fellows).

Nienna. She is sensible and has a generally innocent air.

skip. I think he looks quite innocent, and of course I might misjudge him but I don't think he'd ask if the wolves knew the cobbler's identity if he was one.

Legate. Had a small dispute with Inzil, I don't know what to make of it but I'd like to know Inzil's role for sure soon. Seems quite innocentish.

EITHER
Nog. Still looks innocent enough, and he nailed Fea which I don't think a wolfish Noggy had done (hmm except that one of my first lessons was that Wolfgrod does anything that makes him look innocent, even at a cost to his pack). Okay I don't think he's guilty but I'm not convinced about his innocence either so he's here.

sally. Seems to be today's favourite lynch target. Mostly banter and that's almost enough of a reason for me to vote for her. Plus her death would shed light on other people. I think her reaction to being suspected was outraged in an innocentish way, though.

Glirdan. Haven't formed an opinion, and because I want to go to sleep soon it will have to wait.

Shasta. See Glirdan.

Greenie. No new material, people have brought up points against her but I will have to look at it, and I don't think her vote was so bad.

Brinniel. Innocentish and sensible but her reaction to winty's reasoning didn't sit quite right with me. Will have to see more.

Nerwen. She's the last because I'm at the moment rather undecided about her. I didn't like how she jumped on winty's day 1 vote (come on he's a newbie), but apart from that she's been innocentish. However she's Nerwen so you never know.
Again, can't help but notice that she doesn't give an opinion on Sally, Glirdy, and Greenie...

Quote:
How about you first explain to me...

...why his vote is more suspicious because it could go either way? That was my main issue about your post, not the fact that you defended Fea.
Do you also want me to explain again why I suspected Morsul more than Lottie?

Oh and do you have any other reason to consider voting for me but that I suspect you?

And wintywinty now that you're apparently here, could you please answer my question? Who said Brinn is a good player?
Reasks WW a good question; responds to questions.

Quote:
Oh. I'm sorry. It was intended to scream somebody who likes Boro and is happy to play with him for the first time in a year and doesn't approve of him getting killed after just one day.

Yeah because I suspected Mira. Correct me if I'm wrong but although I also suspected you, I don't think I was ever calling for your death.
And because people didn't have an opinion about what I said, I wasn't being helpful? I wasn't contributing but tried to look as if I were? Sorry but that's ridiculous.

I doubt it. You've already decided I'm a wolf.

Okay in that case I really wonder what to make of his comment, and I might vote for him because of it.
...okay, you weren't wrong, I was. I'm sorry, again. And this does look like a frustrated innocent...

...in fact that's what I kind of have to conclude. So, all in all, my anti-Agan crusade yesterDay was mostly insane. There was mostly just that one "she keeps putting Sally, Glirdy, and Greenie in her unsure categories" argument and the fact that I don't like people saying that they're sad about the Night kill. So bump Agan to the "trust more or less" category. Sorry about that, Agan.

EDIT: xed since Nerwen
Old 04-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #470
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Btw, no one has mentioned Izzy's death. My first thought is she was an easy kill because she didn't receive much attention from most players. Though I wonder if there could be more to it. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to look through her posts too...if only I had the time.
I was actually going to, but decided to do my Aganasis first. No one suspected Izzy. Not a one. She was never going to be lynched; she was quiet, and thus untraceable; she was really the obvious choice to be Night killed. Also, the wolves might have thought she was some kind of gifted, but that's stretching it.

EDIT: Oh, and...

Sally's a she. Not a he. Just sayin'.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #471
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
First, some comments on toDay. I'm not sure how much weight we can give to Sally's last words about Glirdy being a wolf. To me, at least, she seemed rather more like a wolf who knows she's going to die trying to make a mess before she goes. Looked at in that way, I don't think we should jump into conclusions based on anything she said - regardless of whether they are conclusions for or against Glirdy's guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Again, can't help but notice that she doesn't give an opinion on Sally, Glirdy, and Greenie...
I think you are a bit off in this argument. At least as far as my werewolf-experience goes, few wolves actually put all their fellows in the "no opinion" -category - or any same category, for that matter. A wolf is almost always a tad paranoid, and wold prefer to avoid cramming all his fellows under the same heading just so as not to make all their names appear together. Besides, a bit of wolf-on-wolf suspicion - or even open wolf-on-wolf fraternizing - is actually safer for a wolf than just carefully not saying anything about one's fellows. And, in addition to that, I've never seen an Aganwolf not pulling off any kind of wolf-on-wolf thing.

Moving on to yesterDay next... (I also have a gigantic - well, sort of - post coming, I checked people's attitudes to Sally from the two previous Days!)
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:01 AM   #472
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
...Why wouldn't it be required?
I thought I had already given one, and meant that if elaboration on it was required I would do that later. Basically, I voted for you because your vote from Day 1 looked strategically clean (voting for someone that has been somewhat suspected but hasn't gained any votes that far - not causing discord or attracting attention nor yet getting accused of bandwaggoning).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie, about Shasta
If he were a wolf, do you really think he'd try to get me to *stop* blindly ignoring suspicious behavior? No. He'd be happy with the known innocent expressing trust for him, and unless I did have the rest of his packmates pegged (which, if Shasta's a wolf, I'm way mixed up anyay ) and he'd be fine with me chasing down innocents.
I'm sorry, I think I missed something. Could you explain what you mean by this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
As has been noted, this might seem sinister in the way ww sticks with the two candidates that are (apparently) the lynch du jour. Perhaps though, he's now following Lottie's lead as the de facto innocent, at least someone who isn't going to intentionally try to lead us to an innocent lynch. That's why I've been mainly looking at her suspects.
That, I think, is a very dangerous path to take (wow, doesn't that sound epic!) because knowing that Lottie has our best interests at heart isn't saying anything about how accurate her suspicions are. Throughout WW history there have been innocents who bark at the wrong tree for an entire game though they have the village's best interests at heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
And if Nerwen has been making 'great contributions', what's the cause for worry about her?
I don't like this one, either. A wolf can very well make great contributions - a Nerwolf certainly can - and off-handedly dismissing the possibility makes it seem like you are grasping at straws to suspect whoever it was who talked about the great contributions. (I've lost the spot where I found this quote, should check that, probably...)

Now, off to write my Sally-post..
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 AM   #473
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Regarding your last quote, about Inzil, Greenie, I think I remember that quote. It was Inzil responding to someone else (don't remember who) who said that Nerwen was making good contributions, but later suspected her in the same post (it might have been Glirdan, but I could be wrong about that, it's 3 in the morning and I'm tired).

Even if you lost where you found that quote, the fact that you took that particular quote and quoted it in that sort of context bothers me, and seems like you're scrambling for a reason to suspect Inzil...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #474
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Ugh, on second thought, I think I may be misreading what you said, but wrapping my mind around it at the moment is beyond me. x_x I'll have a look at it tomorrow - until then, just don't pay attention to my previous post. :-P

Or, alternatively, Greenie, maybe you could explain yourself a different way? That'd be great if you weren't too busy.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:17 AM   #475
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Or, alternatively, Greenie, maybe you could explain yourself a different way? That'd be great if you weren't too busy.
Explain myself about what? I'm confused. The quotes from yesterDay I picked during the Night phase when I was reading what happened after I went to sleep, I saved them on a Word file and of course wasn't bright enough to note who Inzil responded to.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #476
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Post 1

(note: written about an hour ago, but Greenie had the net, so I only got to post it now...)

I think it looks like Glirdan was Sally's fellow wolf, not because of any seer reveal plot (I don't believe in that) but just because it looks like that. I think Sally could've tried to make Glirdan look better - or at least make us really divided about him - by attacking him so strongly in the end. What he said about Zil makes me feel it's pure bluff meant to confuse us, and means Zil's probably innocent. She wouldn't have dared to highlight two of her fellows that way. Also, Glirdan's attack on Sally was very wolf-on-wolvish, I think Sally's mates would've known she's in trouble and used that to their own advantage... (not necessarily all of them, but at least one or two. Which makes me think, ha, we have only lynched a cobbler and a wolf this far. Go us!)

One more thing about Glirdan - although he looks very bad now, we should concentrate on other people too. There are two more wolves out there, and also, (let me be the Captain Obvious here) we might be wrong about Glirdy. Speaking of which, Morsul, I don't like your vote, not because it's for Glirdan but because it's given so early. It's foolish to vote before anything has basically happened, had you waited closer to the deadline, you'd have had one more Day's evidence to think about...

And why's Izzy dead? She herself probably nailed it yesterDay, she said no one's really been suspecting her. And she could've also given the wolves gifted vibes, or even looked like the seer to them. When someone has time, it'd make sense to go through her posts.

And by the way, I think it's rather amusing that the person who seems the fishiest to me by far is our known innocent. Now I'm off to reply some stuff from yesterDay...

edit: xed with all Greenies and Shastas
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:35 AM   #477
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Post 2

(note: finished a few minutes ago, just fyi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
And how many of the times you've suspected me have I actually been evil?
Why such frustrated/defensive tone quite out of nowhere? And I cannot reply your question right now because I have no idea, I would say "a few times", maybe.

Winty's kind of single-minded posting yesterDay baffles me. Either he is a confused newbie who wants to focus on stuff he can easily grasp, or then he's a wolf trying to hide by only talking about easy topics. Nevertheless, it's quite odd, but I understand this game really isn't probably the best one for anyone new with a few unusual roles and a horde of players who use weird nicknames and abbreviations of each other and game terms... Well, I'm glad Winty and Skip have been asking stuff, and hope they continue to do so in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Lommy – there were a few moments when I have been slightly worried, but generally looks like innocent Lommie. I somewhat miss the flip-flopping though...
Then you haven't been reading my posts closely enough.

Nogrod is kind of slipping under my radar, which is creepy.

Glirdan was really very defensive when he came back. Ok, he was suspected, but not really *that* much then yet. Later, he also exhibits the funny wolvish tendency to become annoyed when he is suspected for the *wrong* reasons. (I admit, though, that innocents can become fed up with baseless accusations too but wolves often seem genuinely offended, which is amusing.)

Sally's last list? I think she knew she was going down by then. It's weird she says about Glirdy
Quote:
He's honestly not been around much. What he's said is a bit strange, but at the same time I don't have a good enough hold on him to specifically say "Kill! Kill". He is, however, popping onto other people's suspicions and things, which seems very wolfish the way he's doing it. Wolf? Maybe!
and then later becomes so convinced of his guilt. I hold onto my opinion that her way of highlighting Inzil makes him look innocent. Otherwise it's difficult to judge her sayings, I think she was being a bit wishy-washy on purpose. What she said about Shasta
Quote:
First of all, no, I didn't follow his suspicions, I had my own. *is just saying* Anyway he's been acting quite strange lately and had some opinions on people that I think have been formed for the wrong reasons. Wolf, mehbe? *nods*
doesn't look too wolf-on-wolfy though.

Mira's vote was - like many have said before me - really fishy. Could a wolf make such an obvious throwaway vote? Yes, but an innocent could too. Doesn't make me any less suspicious of Mira, definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
++ Sally

I thought for a moment of joining Lottie's Glirdy-wagon just to make sure there is a real choice, but then I realised I'm not in that comfort-zone where I could say that they are as suspicious and it's just the same which one we lynch. I do suspect Glirdy, but I do think we have better chances of getting a wolf with Sally. Especially looking at her latest posting...
If Glirdan is innocent after all, then Nogrod looks better because of this.

I'd like to got through all Sally's posts, not just the latter half of yesterDay. It would be educational, but I'm not sure I'll have the time. Maybe someone else could do it? Not that I would necessarily trust someone else's analysis... And someone could also look at what others have said about Sally...

Brinn looks better now, in my opinion. She seems more laid-back and open to new thoughts, and she makes a lot of sense (although she always does).

By the way I think the fact someone who voted Glirdy died slightly points at his guilt. Why? Because if Glirdan was innocent, I think the wolves would think voting him over Sally the wolf (especially on the last minute, like Izzy!) would look suspicious (from the wolf pow since they know Glirdy's alignment) and could be used against those people, so it'd make more sense to kill a Sally-voter since they have been part of butchering a wolf and thus look better. That is, if there was no other motive for killing Izzy, which there well might have been, though.

xed with the same ones as before
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 AM   #478
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, Sally was a wolf. Well spotted, friends! And this is very good, because now we have a little more information (useful or not) to work with. I'll attempt a little list having reviewed Day 2.

Glirdan – He came after Sally early, long before it became clear that either one of these two would die. I believe Glirdan proactively participating in lynching Sally is a sign of his innocence although not proof. At this point only a very shrewd wolf would actively go after a fellow wolf, because, let’s face it, a wolf lynched is a step towards a village victory, and an innocent lynched is a step away from that, there’s no getting around that simple fact. A wolf jumping on the bandwagon, yes why not, but actively working to make that bandwagon happen, I doubt it. I could be wrong and maybe that’s everyday business in the ww-world, but to me that feels like too much of a gamble for uncertain profits. For the moment Glirdan has redeemed himself.

But what would the three other wolves do when it became apparent that their pack-mate was in trouble, as was the case with Sally? They can’t make any obvious rescue-attempts, because that would cast them in a bad light if or when Sally’s identity becomes known. But they would try to help their fellow if they could do it more subtly, as long as that help is easily explained away as being motivated by other factors. By voting for a new lynch-candidate, or by voting and arguing for a candidate that may seem suspicious to innocents but is known to be innocent by the wolves that help may be contrived with the aid of some luck. No such luck last night though, wolfies?

Nogrod – Cheshire Cat
Has not been on my mind much because I've seen little to make me worried. Will try to review his behaviour later.

Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Behaves a little erratic. Not sure what this means yet. Did vote Sally at a fairly crucial point.

Mira – March Hare
Suspiciously quiet and non-committing. A throw-away vote on day 2. A wolf? Could be...
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Got my eyes on her. It is curious that when Agan started the 'All innocent people should drop their retractable vote'-campaign, Sally was the first, and this far the only person to follow suit. Was this a plan that back-fired? Her voting-record is also a little suspect, especially on day 2 when she voted Inzil while downplaying the Sally suspicion somewhat. Could that be a careful attempt at helping a wolf-mate out of a tight spot? Maybe, maybe not.

Inzil – King of Hearts
Tough call. Voted for Glirdan when Sally's back was against the wall which may cast him into a bad light, but he could also have been on a honest wolf-hunt.

Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Non-committing and suspicious. Keeps a low profile with two throw-away votes.

Lottie – Duchess
Seem to be throwing a lot of wild accusations around. Was right about Sally though. Was that just dumb luck or brilliant perception?

Nerwen – the Dodo
Has been quiet and is hard to read. Voted Sally at an early stage on Day 2 which makes her look good.

Legate – Jabberwocky
Has shown commitment in the voting, not throwing away his votes but going after people who are likely to become lynched and also did vote Sally at a point when it mattered. I like that: an honest villager knows that people must die in order for us to to win the game.

Morsul – the Mock Turtle
Not too worried about Morsul at the moment. Voting and behaviour suggest innocence.

Nienna – White Queen
Had the chance to save Sally at the last minute but chose to pull the trigger. Was also one of the first, perhaps the first, to raise suspicions on Sally. Probably an honest villager.

Lommy – the Gryphon
Not sure where I have Lommy. Nothing overtly suspicious about her. Voted for Glirdan on Day 2.

Greenie – White Knight
Slightly suspicious I must say. May be busy in real life but I'd like to see her participating at bit more eagerly in the hunt.

Brinniel – Tweedledee
Has looked good and honest. Voted Sally at a crucial stage.

Will try to have a more detailed look at some people later.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:23 AM   #479
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Okay, here comes my massive Sally-post - being a quick analysis on people's reactions to Sally. This post doesn't include everything that has been said about Sally (no banter posts & no posts that give no actual information).

Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Sally – the Dormouse
I never get her. First I thought she was more careful than normally (I think someone mentioned that early on the Day and that made me look at her that way) but now I'm more or less without an opinion. She's one of the "followers" though: retrackies & the newest "against Lottie band-wagon"...
Carefully voices some suspicion on her yet flip-flops nicely. The three dots in the end creep me out, like the ”I never get her” in the beginning. He's kind of – how to say it – decisively undecisive. Looks rather wolf-on-wolf, though could be genuine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I think there are fair points raised against Sally and Inzil, and to a lesser degree on Glirdy and Brinn.
Could go either way, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
++ Sally

I thought for a moment of joining Lottie's Glirdy-wagon just to make sure there is a real choice, but then I realised I'm not in that comfort-zone where I could say that they are as suspicious and it's just the same which one we lynch. I do suspect Glirdy, but I do think we have better chances of getting a wolf with Sally. Especially looking at her latest posting...
I don't like the look of this. Looks like an opportunistic wolf-on-wolf vote.

Nienna
Sally - I can usually read her pretty well and I'm not getting alarm bells yet... but we shall see (Nienna)
I'm not all that fond of the ”we shall see” in the end – it looks like trying not to look too positive about a fellow's innocence.

Quote:
Sally keeps avoiding people calling her a wolf. This worries me.
Makes me feel a bit better about Nienna. If I recall correctly, this was in a post of its own – and though not unheard of, bringing up a new point against a fellow in a one-liner post doesn't strike me as wolf-on-wolf suspicion.

Quote:
I'm with Lottie right now in saying that Sally is screaming wolf to me. I thought so too at the end of yesterDay but we decided we didn't have enough votes to get her lynched. She'll be getting my vote today unless something drastic happens.

Morsul's vote for Sally already toDay looks very opportunistic. To me it feels like a wolf realizing that our known innocent is pretty much going to lead a crusade against a fellow wolf and wanting to seem more innocent by being the first to join.
I could see a Niennawolf behind this post, accusing Morsul after that first paragraph that could be interpreted as herself doing the exact same thing she blames Morsul of. But then again, I agree with her about Morsul and her tone still strikes me as genuine. (A sidenote: if Nienna and Morsul are fellows I'm going to eat my hat.)

Quote:
Nog's point against Sally is quite good. And I wish that she would contribute something and not sulk around being all "woe is me" ... love you though I do, dearie, you are going to need to shape up rather quickly to get me to not vote for you.
Still innocentish tone.

Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdy
Sally – the Dormouse

Seems to be, well, Sally: Confusing and unreadable (and thank you for getting out of the tea pot!) yet I see nothing that indicates Wolvish behavior....yet.
Gah. The ”...yet” in the end looks again like trying not to sound too positive about a fellow's innocence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glird
After going through Lottie's anaysils of Sally, it does seem as if she (that is to say Sally) just seems to be jumping onto other people's suspicions and piggybacking her way through and not forming any of her own idea's. Hmmmm.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glir
Sally is really starting to look bad in my eyes.
Could well be a wolf turning against a fellow: he seems rather ready to jump on Sally after it's become clear that she's the clear main suspect of the Day. Could also be an innocent Glirdan trying to save his own skin by making a show of suspecting Sally – regardless of whether he actually did or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gli
Sally is looking ridiculously guilty.
The same as the previous one, but to a greater extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Sorry, I actually missed the rest of it:
Quote:
Glirdan: He's honestly not been around much. What he's said is a bit strange, but at the same time I don't have a good enough hold on him to specifically say"Kill! Kill". He is, however, popping onto other people's suspicions and things, which seems very wolfish the way he's doing it. Wolf? Maybe!
Okay, now that I'm reading that as a whole, it makes me even more suspicious of you. The bolded bit is what got me. You're going along with the flock! What do you mean by that entire phrase? It just makes no sense and seems like you're trying to save yourself.
Still looks like he's decided to suspect her. Could be wolf-on-wolf, could be desperate innocent-on-wolf.

Aganzir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Lottie I'll have to go through sally myself before judging her but I think you're maybe a bit too subjective in your analysis (at least Lommy and Macalaure are allowed to laugh at this comment). Like, you've already decided she's a wolf so you consequentially see everything she says or does in that light.
A sensible point, could well have been by an innocent Agan, but the phrasing of the underlined part struck me as slightly fishy – it's too careful (maybe, a bit), not much like Agan's usual provocative style.

Quote:
I would love to see more substance from sally. Not too fond of her at the moment.
This, in turn, looks okay.

Quote:
I think knowing sally's role would shed some light on other people, but although I have nothing against her death, I don't like Morsul's vote.
Could well be a wolf assuring that the death of a fellow would be okay while not enforcing the suspicion on her.

Quote:
sally. Seems to be today's favourite lynch target. Mostly banter and that's almost enough of a reason for me to vote for her. Plus her death would shed light on other people. I think her reaction to being suspected was outraged in an innocentish way, though.
This strikes me as genuine innocent reasoning, though. Agan is driving me mad.

Legate
Quote:
Then there of course would be another, wait, two Wolves among the rest! For that matter, sally's vote's been mentioned yesterDay as somewhat out-of-place and I sort of agree, if nothing else, it was inconsistent with what sally said. It wouldn't be a problem otherwise, but I think Nog or who was it had a point in saying that if sally wanted to save Lottie (resp. create a contest-bandwaggon), she would vote for somebody who already had a vote, and not me who didn't have a vote at all. I don't know if there was much of a chance to lynch me at the point (it didn't seem to me so much), so not sure if I can believe sally's explanation. (And that said, what I said above about innocents sticking to their votes won't certainly apply in this case - as that was not the reason sally stated, she came up with the somewhat strange explanation that she wanted to save Lottie.) Anyway... I am keeping my eye on her now.
A long rant the point of which was mainly that he'll be keeping an eye on her. Makes me think a wolvish Leggy wouldn't have ranted such lengths about a fellow.

Quote:
But this sounds a rather too over-the-top defensive thing and somehow, the defense sounds just fabricated. That didn't help you at least in my eyes, sally. But whatever...
I don't like the ”But whatever...” in the end – looks like he's suspecting Sally and then dismissing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legz
Sally – I find many of the points which have been brought against her as having quite some grounds, and her self-defense didn't help much to convince me otherwise, rather a bit to the opposite. Questionable, at least.
Could go either way, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg
Sally would be an option, and also there seems there are other people suspecting her, so if I wanted to pick according to who of my suspects is most likely to be lynched, I could go with her.
This doesn't strike me as wolf-on-wolf reasoning at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg
So... I think I might vote sally, and see how things go... (and yes, I have taken into account that "frustrated innocent" thing Shasta said about her, but I just think that's always a possibility, and I am not convinced of it being like that so that it would convince me.)
Could be a furry Legate deciding that Sally is a lost case anyway. I'm leaning innocent on this quote, too, though. The tone is more like an innocent Legate deciding to ”see how things go”.

Lommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lom
Sally ("I think Lottie's suspicious, but I get sick of Day One lynching her." That is perfectly fine, but later she starts a massive operastion Save Private Lottie, which seems rather fishy - like a wolf who tries to look good.)
This seems genuine enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lom
Sally - her Operation Save Private Lottie looks bad, as does the throwaway vote and general wishy-washyness.
Eurgh, could go either way – I'm leaning towards thinking this looks innocentish, but can't say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomzy
I'm willing to give Zil the benefit of doubt for toDay, and I'm not convinced enough of Sally's guilt to give her a third vote, especially now that her recent defense has left me with mixed feelings.
Could be a Lommywolf flip-flopping on whether or not Sally's situation looks hopeless enough to justify a wolf-on-wolf vote.

Morsul
Quote:
I'm Fairly certain I won't be on before DL today so I always suspect Sally however Lotties Post was nicely confirming

++Sally

If I can I MAY have to use my retraction today if I'm back in time.

However Sally is quite smart whether or not I agree with her. I don't think she'd read my sarcasm as anything but, also she says she wanted to try and get me lynched but "no one would go for that" She admits trying to start a Bandwagon.
I'm not sure what to make of this. The underlined part sounds really as if he didn't particularly care about who his vote goes to. Normally that kind of behaviour points to a wolf, but on the other hand, a wolf would care about a fellow getting or not getting lynched. It wouldn't be all the same for a wolf whether his fellow is lynched or not, even if that wolf actually voted for that fellow. But then, this post could just as well be an opportunistic wolf voting for a doomed fellow without bothering to come up with arguments to back it up.

Quote:
Though I'm not changing my vote I like the tone of Sally's defenses(I just don't believe them)

Sally I got your back... sort of
Super-confusing. I have no idea what to think about this. At all. Maybe leaning innocent – I don't think a furry Morsul would say this.

Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ner
Now, I think that's the third vote on Sallymouse, which I guess makes it officially a bandwagon. However, the fact is, she does currently look to me like the most suspicious person
Not too fond of the tone of this one. If Sally had been innocent, I'd say this is awfully wolvish. With Sally being a wolf, I'm mainly confused.

Inzil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzy
After what's been said toDay, I think I agree that Sally looks the worst of that quartet.
Of the others, Glirdan and Agan are the ones I would need to look at more closely before I would conclude furriness. I'll try to do that now.
I don't like how Inzil takes one villager's list of suspects and picks his main suspect from there – the said main suspect being that of most of the village. Wolf-on-wolf? I could see it there, but not necessarily.

Winty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winty
Right now, I have narrowed down the twp possible people I am going to vote for to either Glirdy, or Sally. Glirdy and Sally seem to me as being the most suspicous thus far.
Really, this could go either way. Unless Glirdy was a wolf too, this wouldn't make sense as a wolfywolfy's post unless he was well-instructed during the Night or else followed the lead of one of his fellows during the Day. (Who? I might look into that at some point, it might be enlightening..) I'm talking, of course, about a newbie wolf debating on whether to vote for a fellow or an innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winty
Right now, I don't have time to explain my reasoning, as I have homework to attend to. If I get a chance later I will explain my reasoning though, but in case I don't have a chance to get back on before the night, ++Sally
Could be again waiting to get supplied with reasons during the Night. Eurgh. Don't know.

Shasta
Quote:
Quote:
But this sounds a rather too over-the-top defensive thing and somehow, the defense sounds just fabricated. That didn't help you at least in my eyes, sally. But whatever...
I disagree. I've been a frustrated innocent before (right, guys? *waves crossbow*) and honestly, Sally had just come back to two votes and a bucketload of suspicion. I'd probably be frustrated too.
Shasta defends Sally here, though only in a small matter. First impression: wolf!! Second impression: I'm not sure if a furry Shasta would defend a fellow who's the main suspect of the Day.

Brinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
About Sally. One thing that caught my eye from yesterDay was when she used her retraction, it really looked like she was simply following the flock in order to look better. Her vote for Legate wasn't great either; as someone mentioned, it was a bit of a throwaway considering she seemed eager to save Lottie. Today she's quite defensive, which is understandable since she does have the most votes. But with her over-the-top behaviour, I can also understand why the votes are piling up. This sort of behaviour does remind me of a wolfish Sally in previous games.
Reasoned, unlike many of the Sally-suspecters of yesterDay. Doesn't look wolf-on-wolf.

So here we are. Based on this, I'd make the following list:

good:
Nienna
Legate
Winty
Brinn
leaning goood:
Lommy

confusing aargh:
Nerwen
Morsul
Agan

leaning bad:
Shasta
Inzil
bad:
Nogrod
Glirdan

Mira and Skip I had no quotes on - either because they didn't say anything about her at all, I've lost the quotes in my vast sea of quotes, or they didn't say anything about her that wasn't banter. Please, sweeties, fill me in on which is true.

EDIT: x-ed with 2x Lom & Skip, don't have time to read them, gotta dash, see you later, bye!

Last edited by A Little Green; 04-12-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #480
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
So, Sally was a wolf. Well spotted, friends! And this is very good, because now we have a little more information (useful or not) to work with. I'll attempt a little list having reviewed Day 2.

Glirdan – He came after Sally early, long before it became clear that either one of these two would die. I believe Glirdan proactively participating in lynching Sally is a sign of his innocence although not proof. At this point only a very shrewd wolf would actively go after a fellow wolf, because, let’s face it, a wolf lynched is a step towards a village victory, and an innocent lynched is a step away from that, there’s no getting around that simple fact. A wolf jumping on the bandwagon, yes why not, but actively working to make that bandwagon happen, I doubt it. I could be wrong and maybe that’s everyday business in the ww-world, but to me that feels like too much of a gamble for uncertain profits.
While your reasoning is sound, in practice what we call "wolf-on-wolf" voting is rather common, and yesterDay was pretty much a classic situation for it, with Sallywolf under suspicion from early on, and the wolfpack being able to afford losing a member (three left, after all). It would probably be more important to them to try and look good than to save her. It's rare for the entire pack to survive, even when they win. (Note: this is a general tip, not meant just to apply to Glirdan.)

Anyway, my recollection is that Glirdan's suspicion of Sally was quite lukewarm at first, and that he put forward some others, which no-one really bit on. I suppose I'd better go and check (though I agree with whoever said we shouldn't focus too much on him alone).

EDIT:X'd with Greenie. Added comment.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-12-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote