The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #1601
Lalaithwen

Silmaril

-You translated all of the people in your forms names into quenya
-Whenever you see Lord of the Rings anywhere, you shout out loudly, LOOK!!! IT SAYS LOTR!!!! (This is extremely embarrasing, especially when the LOTR is actually about saturn)
Old 03-23-2004, 06:39 PM   #1602
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
Quote:
(This is extremely embarrasing, especially when the LOTR is actually about saturn)
There's LOTR on Saturn???!!!

Peace,
Vuelve
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:01 AM   #1603
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Narya LotR in Saturn...

Yes. Sauron is green and has three eyes. Frodo, I think, was a purple blob. Aragorn still stinks.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:06 AM   #1604
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Silmaril

Ummm... all right... if you say so.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #1605
Lalaithwen

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuelve
There's LOTR on Saturn???!!!
We were looking at this thing about the planets and when you clicked on saturn it came up with the title 'Lord of the Rings' I was really excited until i realised what it was really about
Old 03-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #1606
Gilwen
Pile O'Bones

Gilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I have actually made Lembas, or something much like it. It's so yummy! I've been eating it for breakfast, but the problem with that is then I don't want lunch.
...must...have...recipie..
Old 03-24-2004, 08:45 PM   #1607
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
...must...have...recipie..
Search on Google for "lembas". You should find it. It's the one with ground almonds and lots of honey, and it's sooo yummy!

~You know you are obsessed when you see a city called Turin on a map in Geography class, and you squeak in surprise, then start squealing madly, scaring your whole class.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:49 AM   #1608
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
You cried "Noro Lim, Hidalgo, Noro Lim!" when you saw the final race at the end of HIDALGO.
Hehe! I did that... Well, almost. It was more muttering to myself, so I wouldn't scare everyone around me and I didn't want to be rude.

~ When your... family's mini DVD player is and has been sitting in your room for the past few weeks with the "FotR" and "TTT" movies.
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #1609
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
Silmaril

~When you tell your friends at school to have one minute in silence in memory of Gollum...

~When your 2 year old little brother is terrified of Gollum. If I say 'he's coming' or 'he bites your finger', he looks like somebody just died. And when he have done something wrong, he says 'Gommul is coming '.
Have I scarred him for life???
Old 03-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #1610
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, yes you have.

You know you're obessed with LotR when:

1. You sketch Frodo and Gandalf as part of an art scholarship requiring twenty works of art.

2. You look forward to visiting Niagra Falls on your Senior class trip in hopes of comparing it to your idea of "Rauros, golden Rauros falls!"

3. You immediatly decide to locate the recipe for lembas after finding out that such a thing exists.

4. You can't wait to go to college because the town that your new school is located in contains a sword shop; and there is a fencing club.

5. You curse the bell signalling the end of class because you're not done typing up indications of LotR obsession.

(All of these have happened to me.)
Old 03-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #1611
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

6. After being rudely interrrupted in posting your indicators for LotR obessesion; you spend your Chemistry class finishing your top ten indicators for LotR obsession and searching for the recipe for lembas.

7. You admit to your friends that you have an obsession with LotR and they reply "So what else is new?"

8. You fill out a diet journal for your health doctor and write that you miss caffine and chocolate in Anglo-Saxon runes on the bottom of the last entry.

9. You are convinced that your health doctor is Sauron in disguise because he has taken away so many foods that you find tasty and scrumptiously crunchable.

10. You constantly speak like Gollum and quote lines from the books and the movies. ("That still only counts as one!")
Old 03-25-2004, 11:43 PM   #1612
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Palantir-Green

Quote:
Needless to say, she keeled over like Númenor.
This was because of the pillow, not the person. The guy is like Faramir to my Eowyn, only I'm still in my winter. Get it? And needless to say, I don't think spring will ever come again...

Quote:
7. You admit to your friends that you have an obsession with LotR and they reply "So what else is new?"
My friends actually think there's something wrong with me when I don't say just one thing related to LotR for a day. And I would think the same when Elenrod (Nilpaurion Felagund) does the same. As if he would ever do that...right, toronya ?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #1613
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Iaurhirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Iaurhirwen
Thumbs up

1. When you realize you forgot to bring a Tolkein book to school with you, you begin to cry at the prospect of NO TOLKIEN for 6 hrs

2. After you find out that LOTR is being made into a musical, you immediately start composing your own and practice them with your other LOTR obssesed friends at play practice . . . . . when you are actually supposed to be practicing for the real musical you'll be performing in 3 weeks!

3. On a trip to Toledo, you're very excited to visit the sword factory and are extremely depressed that you can't buy a sword because it won't fit into your bag and the airplane people don't like people having swords on the airplanes . . . . and the Spanish airplane people are scary - they have big guns

4. You're determinded to find a ring tone for your cell phone that is one of Howard Shore's compositions.
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos
Iaurhirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #1614
Vuelve
Wight

Your playing the Sims in school and you decide to recreate the Fellowship.You scrap that idea and create Elrond's family instead.
I made grownup Elrond and Celebrain.Then I made Little Arwen, Elladan, and Elrohir.Now I can't wait to get back to school on Monday to finish "The Last Homely House" and start sending them to school, their jobs, Ect...

Peace,
Vuelve
Old 03-27-2004, 12:12 PM   #1615
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye you know you're obsessed with Lotr when....

you argue with a girl in the middle of class over all the typical things people think about Lotr. "i.e. it was about WW2" "Frodo and Sam were gay" etc.

you're so obsessed that your friends actually start calling it your movie. hehehe

Quote:
3. You immediatly decide to locate the recipe for lembas after finding out that such a thing exists.
oooh Lembas are yummy, I have made them a few times before. Did you find the recipe already? I would be glad to give it to you if you would like.

Last edited by elfearz1; 03-27-2004 at 12:19 PM.
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:27 PM   #1616
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe mmmm Mmmmm Lembas!

Lembas: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art15732.asp
Before I found this, my typical lembas meal was a grahmn...grahnm...gram...oh dang my spelling! You know what I mean!
Old 03-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #1617
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Your playing the Sims in school and you decide to recreate the Fellowship.You scrap that idea and create Elrond's family instead.
Lol, I've done something like that only I just do random characters. The only thing is I don't follow it by the book I have them marry ah, different people

Obssessed...

- When you discover you can do your hair somewhat like Legolas's and wear it to school to see if anyone notices (of course no one did.... until I pointed it out (someone thought I was trying to be a Jedi! ))

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:03 PM   #1618
Vuelve
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde Bracegirdle
Your know you're obssessed when your daughter has gotten a new hamster, called Ham-ham and put's his cage near her door, and you start to refer to him as Háma and find yourself getting disgusted with him because he sleeps of the job.
My brother just got a hamster and I tried to convince him to call him Hama, but he wouldn't.He named him Sammy, but I call him Samwise instead.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:12 AM   #1619
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Question Tradgedy...

Quote:
Originally Posted Me (Earlier):...when you name all of the fish in your Science Lab after LOTR characters. There is:
1) Galadriel - large, silvery fishie
2) Arwen/ Celeborn - havn't decided yet. small silvery fishie.
3) Merry and Pippin - two small goldfish
4) Shelob - large catfish; always lurking at the bottom.
5) Gollum and Smeagol OR Frodo and Sam - havn't decided yet. two very large goldfish in their own tank.
*sob* Oh no! *sob* Tradgedy has struck the Science Lab! Merry and Pippin *gasp**sob* have *shudder* gone to a happier hunting ground *sniff*I need consolation... I feel horrible...I blame myself...wait...I don't. But I'm still sad though...I think I need some time alone.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #1620
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

~ When you are walking to your room and you bump your toe on the doorframe, you glare at it and yell:

"Now come, you filth! You've hurt my toe, you stupid door, and you'll pay for it! I'm going to keep walking, but I'll settle with you first! Come on and taste it again!"
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:47 PM   #1621
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Sirithheruwen, that's it! That's the lembas recipie I used!
Old 03-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #1622
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Narya

Quote:
~You know you are obsessed when you see a city called Turin on a map in Geography class, and you squeak in surprise, then start squealing madly, scaring your whole class.
Angband, theres even a city in Uruguay called "Minas." Tirith or Morgul? Hmmm...

~ Despite the fact that your other - school-related - things don't fit in the bag, you still squeeze every Tolkien book you - and your sister - have. Now there's The Hobbit, LotR, Silm, UT, and both BoLT.

~ You drew a scene from the War of the Last Alliance in the topographical map that was included in your Geology finals. Sauron was humongous!

~ You wonder if Aragorn would win against Kenshin Himura...hmmm...

That's it, I guess.
->Elenrod
Old 03-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #1623
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

~You have a completely serious discussion with two friends about whether Hidalgo or Brego is faster.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:12 AM   #1624
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
- When you discover you can do your hair somewhat like Legolas's and wear it to school to see if anyone notices (of course no one did.... until I pointed it out (someone thought I was trying to be a Jedi! ))
I tried doing my hair Galadriel-style one special night, and it didn't look so at all because: 1)my hair's not blonde and 2)my hair is short.

Quote:
~ Despite the fact that your other - school-related - things don't fit in the bag, you still squeeze every Tolkien book you - and your sister - have. Now there's The Hobbit, LotR, Silm, UT, and both BoLT.
And you hate your brother for it because it's already your vacation from school and you want to read one of the books...and remember that the books are with him. You could just kill him with your RotK pillow.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:55 PM   #1625
Iaurhirwen
Wight

Iaurhirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Iaurhirwen
When your assigned in Spanish class to write an advertisement - In Spanish of course - you write about Beleriand and all its wondrous aspects.
"Will somebody find my pants?" - "What do you do with a drunkin sailor?" - "You have a giant mole!!!!" - "Tom!! Get out of the Girls's dressing room!" "But she asked me to help find her pants!!" - - - opening night chaos
Iaurhirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #1626
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring The Madness Continues!

*You don't think that having hairy feet is a bad thing.
*You wonder if the so-called Keebler "elves" are really hobbits that didn't make it into the film.
*You believe that the Grim Reaper is a Nasgul that got promoted.
*Someone says "Bloom" and you think "Orlando." And you're not talking about Florida.
*Someone says "Wood" and you think "Elijah."
*Someone says "Bag" and you think "End."
*Someone says "cram" and instead of thinking about the test they're studying for, you think "yummy!"
*You think that your nosey neighbor is really a spy for Sauron.
*You have a fake Christmas tree so you won't offend the ents.
*You associate disco with Boromir. (I guess that should go in the 'Addicted to BD' list.)
*You associate something completely un-lotr related with lotr. (I do that. I associate the Rolling Stones with LOTR because I used to listen to Fourty Licks while playing the video game.)
*You have the movies memorized word-for-word. (I haven't yet, but I've memorized a whole bunch of "THE HOBBIT.")
*Your boots are yellow.
*You try to see the future in your mirror.
*Your mirror is a birdbath.

More later
MAEG!

Last edited by Maeggaladiel; 03-31-2004 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
Maeggaladiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:07 PM   #1627
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

The thought of losing your obsession causes you to panic. I word hallucinated...But not non-LotR to LotR! It was the other way around! HELP ME! I wouldn't know what to do without my obsession! (I read Beleriand as Belgariad! Is a new obsession taking over? I'm scared! (Not that Belgariad is a bad thing!))
Old 03-31-2004, 07:34 PM   #1628
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Oh, Elennar, that is indeed a sad situation. I've almost experienced that during the days of my imprisonment in school. Here are some remedies I can suggest, but I haven't proved their efficiency:

-Surround yourself with all the LotR paraphernalia you have and take a look at each, or do what an addict would likely do with them. For example, if you have an Arwen and Asfaloth action figure, dismount Arwen and have her kicked by Asfaloth, saying "What did you do with my master Glorfie!"

-Read all, and I mean all obsession-related threads in the forum.

-Look for the BDer nearest you and have him or her spew out things that would show his or her obsession. (I guess another Tolkien addict would do.)

Have fun!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:09 AM   #1629
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
You most deffinately know you're obsessed when you are planning a route on a map and plot it so that you walk through as many woods as possible and past as many Lotr resembling places eg. Underhill Farm
astarielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #1630
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
Silmaril

~when you have some extra time while your waiting for your bus, and spend the time in the library. I guess it's needless to say what I read, but I'll say it anyway: Lord of the Rings!!!!! yay
Old 04-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #1631
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

*While doing something completely Un-LOTR related (yes, surprisingly there ARE things in this world that have nothing to do with LOTR. Shocking, I know.) you start relating the Little Mermaid to LOTR. I was doing geology homework when my mind started wandering and I wondered that if -iel and -wen were both elven feminine suffixes for words, does Ariel mean the same thing as Arwen? Ar-wen, Ar-iel? THE LITTLE MERMAID IS AN ELF?!?!?!! Needless to say, the geology never got done.
*You just realized that geology homework IS related to LOTR because volcanoes are part of geology and Mt.Doom is a volcano.
*Okay, you agree that everything on earth, from applesauce to strawberry pudding to zebras, is related somehow to LOTR. (See "The Round-About Game" in the middle earth mirth archives.)
*You spend your lunch hour at school on the BD. (Hey, whaddaya know? It's lunch time right now!)
*You dream in black and green.

Ar-wen? Ar-iel? Ar-agorn? (shudder)
MAEG!
Ar-kansas? Ar-changel? Ar-snic? Ar-chenemy? Ar-gon?
Old 04-02-2004, 02:00 PM   #1632
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
You know you're obsessed when your math teacher for the new semester, whom you have never had any classes with before, writes a problem on the board in which you invest $500 in LotR stock.

You know you're obsessed when you see a company called "Silmaril" and you promptly go berserko, pointing and yelling, until your mother quietly shows you that it is not "Silmaril" but in fact "Simaril".
Old 04-02-2004, 02:23 PM   #1633
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield Sindarian Park!

You know that you're obsessed with LOTR when you see a map of the history of time and you mistake the "Silurian Period" with "Sindarian Period." Elves lived before dinosaurs?!?!

Who knew?

Maeg!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:31 PM   #1634
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
Silmaril

I often study to LOTR soundtracks, and had to remember the Louve in Paris by associating it with Legolas. I'm glad other people do that! It's all that works sometimes, but hey, I do have all A's!!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:25 PM   #1635
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when...
~You call your best friend Mr. Frodo and they call you "My Sam" in return
~You speak Elvish in your sleep.
~You threaten to go Tolkien on people.
~You recognize the day Return of the King came out as a holiday and try to stay home from school to celebrate.
~You actually try to play Tig (game mentioned in commentary for FOTR)
~Every time you kill a spider you scream "For my old Gaffer!" or "For Mr. Frodo!"
~You want to find Tom Bombadil so he can be your friend.
~You turn the bird bath in your backyard into the Mirror of Galadriel.
~Your most hated teacher is known as Sauron the Deceiver.
~You try to make Lembas bread to go with your Entish Draft.
~You play musical chairs with the LOTR soundtracks.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:01 PM   #1636
Vilyon
Pile O'Bones

Vilyon has just left Hobbiton.
1420! You know you're addicted when...

~Your School project is a scale model of Minas Tirith
~you shout A Elbereth Gilthoniel in a fight
~you buy every bit of merchandise you can find anywhere

"I must apologise for Wimp Lo, he is an idiot, we have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke"
Vilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:19 AM   #1637
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
You seriously consider doing LOTR for your English Literature assignment.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #1638
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Ar-kansas? Ar-changel? Ar-snic? Ar-chenemy? Ar-gon?
Well, Ar-gon works! Ar=noble, Gon=stone so, Argon=noble stone.

Quote:
~You actually try to play Tig (game mentioned in commentary for FOTR)
I play that with my two friends. We're still trying to figure out all the rules though. No tigging on a tog, no tagging on a tig, and no double tigging on a tag? is that right? or is it no tigging on a tag and no togging on a tig? Oh well, my friend remembers. We play it on the bus, and get strange looks.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:40 AM   #1639
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Narya

~ You play "look for the actor who was in LotR" game in every non-LotR movie you watch.

There was this old movie on the telly about a samurai that I watched out of boredom, then the names "Christopher Lee" and John Rhys-Davies" perked my ears up. I tried looking for them. CL was a disappointment - he never lost the voice, despite being King of Spain - but JRD was a leedle challenge. A leedle only.

~ You think if you shout "Daro!" loud enough, that lorry about to hit you will stop.

Lo and behold! it did.

~ You shout "Daro, gaur!" at a dog that won't stop barking.

Lo and behold! he stopped.

~ Need I say more about "Daro"?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:05 AM   #1640
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

You know you're obsessed with LotR when:

~you go into transports of joy when your classmates decide to watch FotR and TTT on your class trip to Canada
~someone brings the movie "Rudy" on the trip and you get strange looks when you scream "Hey, Sean Astin's in this! Cool!"
~you demand that your mother take a picture of a map of medieval Spain when you spot the name "Aragon" ("Mom, look! It's spelled almost like "Aragorn! Quick, take a picture!")
~you start reciting "The Lament of the Winds" at Niagara Falls
~you are psyched to find out on your campus visit that there is a guy at Ripon College who looks exactly like Gimli; which happens to be his nickname
~you are thrilled to discover that nearly the entire campus are fans of LotR
~for your Religion IV semester report on a religion or something related to religion in general project you choose LotR as your topic

I should mention that "noble stone" thing to my Chemistry instructor.