The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #241
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Or Wilva is Lote. Her new identity she just forgot?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #242
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Or Wilva is Lote. Her new identity she just forgot?
Nah, Wilwa and Lote are sisters... I've talked to both on MSN! ^_^
Old 04-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #243
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The votes so far (it was hard enough to track them so far, so it might be easier to continue with this - on the top of the page as well... - oh boy you talk, like I do... ):

1. Spawn --> Morm (Morm1)
2. Ang --> Morm (Morm2)
3. Mith --> Roa (Morm 2, Roa1)
4. Cailin --> Morm (Morm 3, Roa1)
5. Sleepy --> Kath (Morm3, Roa1, Kath1)
Old 04-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

And just a quick add-on. The two first votes on Morm were made, before he had a chance to defend himself. I just hope Morm would appear soon, as I'm inclined to vote for him too in the hour (or then Roa, or Lalaith, or Jenny, or...).

Speak up people - and not only on Wilwa's amazing appearance... (funny thing - and might be opening nice discussions later, but really)
Old 04-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #245
Lote22
Animated Skeleton

Lote22 has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for that confusion. Me and my sister (Wilwa) share a computer. I forgot to log out of her account before I posted, I didn't realise I was logged in as her.

Sorry bout that.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #246
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
It's ok Lote, we figured it out! But you ought to know that Valesse isn't playing, Valier is.

Oh please let me have that the right way round!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #247
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

No problem, Lote. I have to share the computer with Lommy from time to time, and it's always a thing to remember, logging out... So we just take Wilwa's post as yours.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #248
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

But Lote!

Please talk more!

If you are innocent, we need your views and points on the discussion!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #249
Lote22
Animated Skeleton

Lote22 has just left Hobbiton.
Oh yeah I came on to vote.

I decided to vote for Roa since she's the one I'm most suspicious of.

++Roa

Corssposted with Kath and Nogrod: Sorry bout the mix up with Valesse and Valier, I'll change that. I will try to post more Nogrod.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:32 PM   #250
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
OCC-Here is my check in post. I had school and I couldn't get on. Did I not say before the game started that I wouldn't be posting as much?

Well, congratualtions to our Nightingale. Job well done!!

I must express a concern of mine which has arisen: Mith proclaiming that she is the Owl. I, however, do not believe this. I believe that she is probably a Duck or the Goose. I have my reasoning which I shall get to later, yet this will put me in a lot of danger. I shall return with my reasoning shortly.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #251
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Well. This seems like my testament now...

I have to go to sleep, as it is coming 1 AM (my time here - and I truly remember the last day here).

I don't think I have been as helpful as I could have been, but anyways.

Just a few thoughts - not so much basing now on any "deep analysis", but overall appearances of things.

Glirdan is so quiet! He told, he would be off a lot, but this is just a little too much (no posts today, am I right?).

Sleepy seems to be in his not-whole-heartedly-in -kind of gamer attitude right now. Just stir him up, with whatever ways you come up with (bold accusations, or whatever), and he might be of great help - if innocent.

Elu I kind of hope, doesn't turn out today. It would be best to us all. In this, I'm inclined to think the same as Roa: one either plays or then not. A totally silent villager is just an asset to the ducks, and shifting the balance - and being a bad sport.

Lote, even though a newbie to whom I would give all the benefit of doubt, should start to speak for herself. Really, Lote! C'mon! We won't bite (just some of us might kill you the next day, but anyhow, that's what this game is all about - try it!)

Mith & Spm I'm quite convinced to be the one's they have been declared to be - at least Mith's revealment of my innocence was right... And if there is a foolery of a grand-kind, it will be revealed soon enough (there would at least one person in the village, that would be knowledgeable of that).

Kath & Cailin I do not know... They have both played under my radar, and thence could be dangerous (my hunches are always bad)

Lalaith goes to the same category, but is here separate from them, as I have taken some closer look on her. Very careful - almost too careful...

Spawn & Ang are riddles to me, for the time being. They have been intelligent and in all the senses, very helpful (although Spawn's analysis on Mith was probably a bit misguided - but then again, being a gifted and being a wolf/duck have some common elements - you are much more scared of your own life than as being an ordo).

This list leaves me with Morm, Valier, Roa and Jenny... (I'll just need a cigarette, before going into these people - and Roa: I know it's bad for my health, I truly know!)

EDIT: X-posted with Glirdy...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #252
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Glirdy!

I hope you really have something to say about this! It would change the situation, but think what you say. Someway, getting more people to be killed for the ducks would just nicely confuse them - and add to the possibilities of the nightingale, but just revealing stuff is not always intelligent... - or if revealing, you would need really to have something to say. Think about it!

PS: And you ducks: make of this what you will... This doesn't seem to help your choice of the victim for the next night (So far, well played Glirdy!) - and if we add, that Spm could be on your list too - then I think you have food for thought enough...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-27-2006 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Thought got lost in the sentence... ;(
Old 04-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #253
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I must express a concern of mine which has arisen: Mith proclaiming that she is the Owl. I, however, do not believe this. I believe that she is probably a Duck or the Goose. I have my reasoning which I shall get to later, yet this will put me in a lot of danger. I shall return with my reasoning shortly.
Quite possible. If a duck is faking as the owl then the only person who would know is the actual owl. I seriously doubt the duck would call any of its accomplices innocent but who knows? Most possibly they're hoping that they can draw the real owl out this way or that they get the real owl toNight. Though this is a very risky move to be taken at such a stage and mind you, I doubt they are in any way desperate.

However, maybe Mith is a crazy ordo? If she calls a duck innocent they wouldn't care and yet if she calls an innocent innocent what would they do but trust her? Same applies if Mith is the goose. I'm certain toNight's kill and (possibly) toDay's lynching will clear a bit up for us.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #254
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I must agree with Sleepy. This is interesting news indeed... (I thought it over once again, and had to admit, my earlier reasoning / plotting was not enough)

And anyhow: Mith was in no real danger of lynching as she came forwards as an owl... there were just suspicions (and those she backed herself with: the two known innocents, eg. Spm and me, would have been known to her, if she'd be a duck!)

But still we should also see Glirdy's points now. It would be too easy, if Glirdy and Mith would be the ducks (not impossible though). Let's hear, what he has to say... and think of the scenarios opening up from these "revealments"...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #255
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Anguirel, I got Idleman from Mith's list and it's a man of leisure. I took from that to mean a man of wealth who doesn't work...just a quick lesson for you.

Mith I knew you weren't a Duck and I can see your need in coming out...knowing you as I do . Now if I survive the day, it seems unlikely, I implore you to trust me and not dream of me. It will avail you little. I am neither the goose nor a duck. I am a busy man trying to read an inordinate amount of posts and stay caught up all the while maintain my job.

SpM, while not a duck, still may be the goose and I will listen to what he says only with the utmost scepticism.

Anguirel--I just don't know about him. He could be the goose but might be a rather bold duck. Of course it's rather likely that he's an innocent that thinks too highly of himself and his theories.

My head is trying to process everything that has happened today so my suspicion list is not up to date but Jenny and Roa come to the top of it.

I would suggest that Mith either dream of Ang or Roa.

Again Mith, trust me, there is no need to waste your dream on me. Though as the current environment is anti-morm you may not even have the choice of dreaming of me. If I do die I'm not sure you should go after Ang or not. It would need to be decided if he would be bold enough to be so loud.

Regarding SpM, his elaborate scheme of the Hawk coming forward sounds pretty good on the surface and made some sense but I could see some subtleties that could be exploited by the Ducks. Hence, I still think he could be the goose. Too many gifteds would be revealed and sadly if the Hawk is known smart ducks can pick up on the nightingale. To spell out more clearly, being they know each other well enough generally once one is known it can be reverse traced to the partner because of how the two interacted. I believe a goose SpM would give credit to those ducks and help them this way. Also killing the Hawk early is always an advantage to the ducks. I don't like it. But I realize I'm not goose hunting but I feel the need to point this out.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #256
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Nogrod... I have thought of this from a few different scenarios, none of them turn out bright for me to say the least, but if I am to contribute someway to this village. I must do it. This might be the only way... I really don't know if I should though...but, why not? All of you may have guessed by now anyway.

I am the Owl, not Mith. I know that everything is counting against me right now, but what have I to loose by saying this? I sacrifice myself for the good of the village and (hopefully) end this nightmare early. This is why:

Mith is NOT the Owl. As I said, she's either the Duck or the Goose. If I can be assured that I have another Night of protection, I will dream of Mith toNight and see what I can see and confrim tomorrow.

My dreams you ask? Well, I didn't voice suspicion for spawn randomly yesterDay. She was my first dream and was proven to be a Duck. My dream last Night was in fact for SpM and he was proven to be innocent? Why? Because when I saw there race, I had to make sure that my suspicions of him and spawn being in league were true or not. More proof that spawn is the second Duck? Did Nilp and her name each other or voice any suspcions in any of their posts? Not that I'm aware of. Odd, isn't it?

As I said Nogrod, I looked at (pretty much) all the different outcomes of my actions:

1) You lynch me toDay and find out that I am in fact the Seer. You lynch spawn and she's proven the Duck. You then lynch Mith and she's provent to be the final Duck. Village win.

2) Same scenario with the exception that Mith is proven innocent or the Goose. There's still one Duck left.

3) You lynch spawn toDay, she's proven guilty. I dream of Mith toNight and (hopefully) shown that she's the final Duck. We lynch her tomorrow. Village win.

4) Same scenario with the exception that Mith is show to me as innocent or the Goose. Dream (not wholly) wasted. I dream a useless dream and get attacked the next Night. Still one Duck left.

Those are the scenarios I came up with, and, as you see, two of them lead to probable victory, two of them lead to possible victory. Three of them I get lynched, one of them I live. So, for all of those out there who don't believe me and still think I'm a Duck, if there's three scenarios that lead to my doom, why would I try and come out and say that I'm the Owl?

That's all I can do for now. You either believe me or you don't. It's your choice. As for me, this is what I say:

++spawn

I'll linger around for awhile and will try and answer any questions. If anybody can think of scenarios that I missed, I'd be happy to hear them.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #257
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well holy cow!!!! Ok so Spawny is a duck eh? and Mith the second or the Goose! Bold I say! Bold indeed!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #258
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh no. Now who do we believe! I thought Mith was telling the truth before, her defensiveness before tallied and everything.

Great. Now I have to go think about it all over again.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #259
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Spawn

The reason being is basically what Glirdan stated. If Spawn is innocent Glirdan is not. If she is guilty then Glirdan most likely is. Now the only reason Glirdan would do this is because he's the goose. There's no chance for the goose to know that Spawn is gifted and it's not likely.

Whoever is the true owl I suggest that you not dream of the other as it would be a waste of a dream.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #260
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Why do you think I was hesitant for revealing myself Valier? I know that there will probably be a lot of people who won't believe me. But what can I do? There's nothing else I can do to prove myself. I really wish there was, but, I can't think of anything else.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Blasted! I'm too tired to think clearly, now as I would need to (1.30 AM here)! Just a moment! We shall see the scenarios... But from the hunch, we should be having a duck at least tomorrow... for either Glirdy or Mith lies. NOw Glirdy had no actual reason to come up with his pronounciation, but the good of the village - but Mith had not even that - only some suspicions from Spm. etc.

At the moment, I'm inclined to believe Glirdy more than Mith. But this has to be thought of...

EDIT: X-posted with the last two
Old 04-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #262
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I never said I didn't believe you Glirdan, I just stated it is a bold play. Mith you devil, you!! and Spawn I was more than likely going to vote for anyways.But if you are lying Glirdan, I'll never talk to you again!! (I swear this is a threat!)
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #263
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I must add, that Glirdy's play would be a perfect goose-play - trying to lift the protection of the nightingale to ensure the duck-kill of the real Owl!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #264
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh I am too tired to deal with this! I'm sorry!

++MORMEGIL

I'm going with Mith. Right now I trust her. And yes it really is mostly because she 'came out' first. I'm hoping she is the Owl, she dreams of Roa and we find out her identity tomorrow.

I also hope Glirdan is the Goose.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #265
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I'm sorry, just I never realised how stressing being the Owl could be!! I'm also stressed out for other reasons, but let's not get into that...

Nogrod, another reason why I'm coming out with this (other then the sake of the village [which is higher on my priority list right now]) is that I'd like to live to see this horror end. In other words, I want to be here at the end and still manage to pass my time amongst all of you (well, except for spawn and the final Duck and Goose) amiable villagers.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #266
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Just a gut stuff: Valier was bold enough to vote Nilp to death (as she had done before), and Glirdy made the goose move here - achieving Valier's immeadiate approval? Could it be that easy either?

Why I have to go to sleep as things start to get more than interesting...?

EDIT: X-posted with Glirdy
Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #267
mormegil
Maundering Mage

*sigh* If we kill Spawn the Nightingale will know whom to protect tonight!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #268
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I'm just trying to count people gathering to either of the sides... They all can't be ducks...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #269
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
I'm going with Mith. Right now I trust her. And yes it really is mostly because she 'came out' first. I'm hoping she is the Owl, she dreams of Roa and we find out her identity tomorrow.
Kath, why on earth would Mith want to come out so early on? I, on the other hand, have been pushed with into this. Think this through first.

Quote:
Just a gut stuff: Valier was bold enough to vote Nilp to death (as she had done before), and Glirdy made the goose move here - achieving Valier's immeadiate approval? Could it be that easy either?
Unfortunately, I have nothing to disprove this idea. If I were to look at it from your point of view Nogrod (I have a strong feeling that you and morm are probably innocent), I could see how this were to work as well. But like I said, I don't have anything to disprove this theory.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #270
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod

Nonsense! We shall all see who is telling the truth tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #271
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
*sigh* If we kill Spawn the Nightingale will know whom to protect tonight!
Well that depends on the outcome of it... and even with a certain outcome, I'm not sure, we can make it so easily. We should look at Spawn's doings first - and then the nightingale would really have to think about her/his choice.

And I'm just too tired to start to calculate the different possibilities now. Glirdy's argumets seem sound enough, but a good goose would make just those...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #272
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

First of all:

Quote:
= Valier
Nonsense! We shall all see who is telling the truth tomorrow
No we will not. We shall be knowing something, but not the Truth! Aren't you a bit hasty now?

Quote:
= Nogrod

= Glirdan
Unfortunately, I have nothing to disprove this idea. If I were to look at it from your point of view Nogrod (I have a strong feeling that you and morm are probably innocent), I could see how this were to work as well. But like I said, I don't have anything to disprove this theory.
This is either a most clever beastie-tactics I've ever seen, or then genuine. And I'm inclined to the latter... But if this interpretation of mine holds true, why was Valier so jumpy to disregard my hunch - with such bad reasons? (ok., it might also be my bad reasoning, as I can't right now see, how this thing could be settled by tomorrow...)
Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #273
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

It could be settled tomorrow if you choose to lynch spawn. Could! Doesn't mean it will be though.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #274
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh lord. Thanks a lot, guys. I come in from a night out, late, tired, ready to make my vote for Roa which I'd sorted out in my head earlier today anyway, and I find all hell's broken loose.

And nobody's even had the time to count up the votes so far. Suppose I'll have to do it. *tchk*
Old 04-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #275
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lalaith: consider this a friendly service rendered by your mod.

Morm 4 (Spawn, Ang, Cailin, Kath)

Roa 2 (Mith, Lote)

Spawn 2 (Glirdan, Morm)

Kath 1 (Sleepy)
Old 04-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #276
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, I have to leave. I will (hopefully) be back on later.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #277
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Well. if we kill Spawn tonight - we'll see Glirdy's truth in an instance, as he said she is a duck... and our ranger would have time to set the guard on him over the night after that had been revealed. And if it's not right, we kill him tomorrow.

That is plain to me.

But if he is a goose? Then he steals our real Owl the protection - and Mith is dead tomorrow. How should we then come to his case? Anyhow, he has lied, and is either a goose or a duck - and thence we should kill him...

At the moment - very hastily thought of - I can see no reason, why not to trust him here. Please help me quick with faults in my thinking, as I have to vote in a minute...
Old 04-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #278
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Diamond, you are truly eponymous. *mwah*

I'm sorry, its past midnight, I've had an evening out, I can't take all this chaos in and analyse it properly. But I'm more inclined to trust Mith than Glirdan. I was going to vote for Roa anyway and that's what Mith voted, so here goes

++Roa-Aoife
Old 04-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #279
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OKay, I'm back, and there are a few things I'd like to clarify.

Firstly, I have made two posts today. TWO. This is my third. How, with two posts could I create mass confusion about Nilp? Secondly, my first post was only partly a rant about Nilp. In part it was answering the accusations by Mith, and in part it was a request to see more from Glirdan. Then Ang answered my comments about Nilp, and seemed to be under the impression that I was trying to insult Nilp's intelligence- which I had to correct. I would never EVER insult a fellow player's intelligence, unlike some people here, who like to throw the word "stupid" around. That's all that it was, and nothing more.

So either Mith or Glirdan is the OWL, and the other is a goose or a Duck. Why do I always suspect the seer as an innocent, but can't for the life of me figure out who they are as a wolf?

Last, I want to apologize to everyone in the game. Some of you have remarked that I haven't been myself, and you're right. I have some deep issues going on right now, and while I can normally keep them from affecting me, I am unable to this game. So, I respectfully request the Diamond remove me from the game tonight along with the lynch. I can't give the game the effort it deserves, and so I will remove myself now.

I will not suicide vote- I detest suicide voting above all other tactics in this game.

I say we lynch Spawn. If she is innocent, then we know Glirdan was lying. If she is guilty, then we will have at least caught a duck.

++Spawn

EDIT: Tired, broken, and crossposted

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #280
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Thanks Diamond for the update - I was going to it next... saved my work.

I see no downside to us in going after Glirdan's revealment. It might be, that Spawn is innocent, but that's what we have to be ready for - to exchange a villager to a duck. Spawn's death would settle this all (sorry Spawn - I thought I was already dead an hour ago - and thought it good for the village - only a duck, or a gifted, would feel otherwise) . If Spawn is innocent, then Glirdy lies, and that's clear... And if Spawn is an innocent, then Mith lies, and will be a dead duck / goose.

I admire Spawn's skills in analyzing the posts, but not this much - I think we others can make the job too. And anyhow - if she turns out innocent, she has possibly given us the third duck already...

EDIT: X-posted with Roa...