The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #161
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Dain and Tom Bombadil's sudden outburst was just the thing Theodred needed to get him to speak. He did his best to be heard over the many overlapping voices of his companions.

"I have returned from some thought, and though I have much to say, there is little time to say it. There are some in our company whose behavior has been discussed enough for the day. Let us leave Galadriel to be further investigated at a later time; I feel her dawn speech was no more than an eagerness to share her views. Focusing on only one of our number benefits no one, for there are THREE traitors in our midst, and after hearing your recent arguments, I must say that

++Lobelia

is a suspicious little woman. I would almost prefer to be rid of Halbarad, just to be sure of where his loyalties lie, but at present I find her to be toublesome. Let us hope, my companions, that we do not send our ringbearer packing in vain."

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-27-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: crossed with everything since Dain's vote
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #162
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Radagast goes for straw-picking with roles and character-emotions at the last minutes when we should do something else. So why? Because everything's alright to him? 'nuff said?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #163
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If you kill me, you deserve the consequences!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #164
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
I cannot have done all my thinking out loud in order to let others have a say as well.
"That is of course, understandable, but it is slightly troubling you won't let others have a say or explain a bit more. I believe Gildor is concerned that you are saying something, but without much in it."

" Voting for Galadriel does not seem to be the quickest way of flushing out traitors, if that is what voting for her is to acomplish. Unless the goal is to just send her home without getting any information from her, but to me that seems a waste of good judgement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Gah, the straightest route for her would be to accompany us..."
Indeed, it makes little sense if she'd be following our same path anyways.

Theodred's immediate concern is troubling, but I can't vote him simply for racing to the deadline with something, since I don't have much evidence to use either. Still, many others did this on the first Day, hopefully he can explain in full toMorrow as others have.

Gah, I have little to no evidence to give a vote that would suit my conscious or any others. I am going to regret this, but if only to save someone from further harm I will have to agree with Bombadil about Elrohir, except in the light of recent circumstances I do not believe it would be kind to suffer the House of Elrond any further when it needs its kin now more than ever.
If you object to this lord Elrohir, I understand and am sorry if I act by a different feeling.

++Elrohir
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #165
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Alright, let's go by a gut-feeling although I'm everything else but sure

++Tom Bombadil

I don't want everybody to vote at the last minute. And besides whatever happens and however horrible this will turn out, we will learn a lot tomorrow..."

edit: xed with everybody on this page
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #166
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++ Tom Bombadil

edit: xed with Radagast and Gildor
Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #167
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobelia
If you kill me, you deserve the consequences!
That does it.

++ Lobelia

I'm taking my chances with the consequences now.

EDIT: x'd with everyone since Lobelia's "consequences"
Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #168
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Lobelia laughs. This was the other thing she was sure would happen.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #169
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
DEADLINE

Stop posting.

Votes cast after this will not count.

Narration coming up soon.

Traitors may begin to plot meanwhile.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #170
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"I feel this may have been a mistake. Why did I fail to help eject Elrohir from our company? An oversight of unforgiveable porportions on my behalf, and though it was due to my rushed decision, I still am angry with my stupidity.

Nevertheless, we will accept the consequences. Sleep well my friends, for these speeches made right before sundown will be the topic of great discussion tomorrow."

With that, Theodred went off for a brief sleep.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-27-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: oops. didn't realize DL had slipped by.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #171
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Parting at Sirannon

By the end of the day, following the course of the riverbed of Sirannon the Fellowship reached a low cliff, some five fathoms high, with a broken and jagged top. Over it a trickling water dripped, through a wide cleft that seemed to have been carved out by a fall that had once been strong and full. There it was, when the talk between the Companions almost turned into a fight.
After the last words of those accusing her, Lobelia laughed. It was not a sad laughter of one who is defeated, but a sad laughter of one who saw the foolishness of others and the way they took.

"So be it," she said. "I should have expected this from the likes of you. Noble, fair or wise some of you may think to be, but there is little nobility, little wisdom and seemingly no loyalty and trust in the wisdom of the Head of the Council among you. From the moment he left us this has been going in a wrong course. You sent away another of the Wise, and now you want me to go. You don't trust me? Fine, have the Ring!" With these words she took the chain with the Ring off of her neck and lifted it in front of them.
"Take it, then! I am really curious who among you will take it, and to what end it will lead you." Gildor, who was standing the nearest, reluctantly took the chain. Lobelia turned away.
"And now I will go home," she said and began to slowly walk back.

The other Companions looked at each other. They hesitated, and after hearing her last words, some were in doubt. Was Lobelia really a traitor?
"Wait!" Théodred shouted. "Wait, Mistress Lobelia!"
"Mistress Baggins!" cried Dáin.

She stopped. Then she turned; the beams of the setting sun surrounded her silhouette, they could not see her face. She reached to her side and lifted something with her right hand.

"Is she waving at us with her umbrella?" Éomer asked. But then he realised it: the umbrella was in Lobelia's left hand.
"What?" gasped Elrohir.

On the morning of the last day before the Fellowship left Rivendell, Bilbo was sitting alone in his room. Soon soft steps were heard outside the room. The old hobbit lifted himself and went to open the door.
"Oh, my dear Lobelia," he said, seeing the newcomer. "Please, come in."
Lobelia entered, looking suspiciously around the room. "Why did you ask me to come here?" she asked.
Bilbo stopped near the window and looked around nervously. "Well, I thought, you know," he stammered. "I wanted to apologize to you for how I acted on the Council..."
Lobelia looked at him, raising her eyebrows.
"We should be family, after all," the hobbit continued. "And, you see, I thought about it... the Ring is now going with you, and I -" he faltered. "I wanted to give you something."
He walked to the corner of the room and pulled out from under his bed a wooden box. He lifted the lid and took out a small sword in an old shabby leathern scabbard.
Then he drew it, and its polished and well-tended blade glittered suddenly, cold and bright. "This is Sting," he said, and thrust it with little effort deep into a wooden beam. "It is my sword, you know, the one I acquired on my journeys... I wanted to offer it to you, as you are carrying the Ring, and it may come useful on the journey..."
Lobelia was quite surprised and confused. She did not know what to think of the old hobbit's offer, even though she knew he is being right. I never wielded a sword, she thought. And why should I have? But now, it could indeed be useful... she was well aware of her importance as the Ringbearer. She could not deny the sword was beautiful, in a way.
Bilbo looked at her nervously. "So, what do you say?"

"I was watching over you," Lobelia said, holding the sword up. "At Caradhras, I did. I was not swift enough to save that poor Elf twin. But protecting such ungrateful company is beyond me. Face the consequences. Face them yourselves," she said, and finally turning away, not reacting to others' cries, she walked away.

-----------------------------------------------

The Fellowship:

A Little Green - Éomer
Groin Redbeard - Dáin II. Ironfoot
Gwathagor - Halbarad
McCaber - Elrohir
Meneltarmacil - Uglúk
Nogrod - Tom Bombadil
Rune son of Bjarne - Galadriel
Sally - Théodred
THE Ka - Radagast
Thinlómien - Gildor Inglorion

Gone:

Gil-Galad - Gandalf (left the Fellowship in Eregion) - innocent
Nerwen - Elladan (lost in the Pass of Caradhras) - innocent
Aganzir - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins (departed the Company by the dry streambed of Sirannon) - First Ringbearer & Protector

The second Collision is about to come. Everyone stop posting. Traitors start PMing. Everyone send me your picks, kills and other things.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 03-27-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #172
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

At the Gates of Moria

After Lobelia left, the Company stood still reluctantly for a moment. But the evening was closing, so they had to move. They climbed up the stony stair eastwards, back to the roots of the mountains. At the top they stopped. Behind them the sinking Sun filled the cool western sky with glimmering gold. Before them stretched a dark still lake. Neither sky nor sunset was reflected on its sullen surface. The Sirannon had been dammed and had filled all the valley. Beyond the ominous water were reared vast cliffs, their stern faces pallid in the fading light: final and impassable.
"There are the Walls of Moria!" cried Dáin. "Is that the path we are going to take now?"
"It is the best choice for us," said Galadriel. "There is no other way we can reach the other side of the mountains unnoticed."
"The name of Moria is black," said Halbarad with a grim face.
"Yet Gandalf would have advised us to take this way," Radagast said. "It is unpleasant to lose the sight of the sky and sun for some time, but this is indeed the fastest way to reach the pleasant and green valleys of Anduin."
"I would like to see them green at this time," said Éomer. "Yet if you insist, I will follow you to the darkness – if there is hope for us to come out again."
"Do not doubt it," Galadriel said. "I have passed through Khazad-Dûm, a long time ago."
Dáin and the Elves looked at her with surprise. She smiled, but the Dwarf frowned under that look, as if he remembered something unpleasant from the past. "But what?" he said. "Are we going to swim this gloomy water? It has an unwholesome look."
"There is a path by the northern edge," Halbarad said. "We might try to find our way around the shore."

He went forward and the others followed him. Only Tom Bombadil stood silently and watched the still lake. "This is ill water," he said.
Éomer turned at him. "We know that," he said. "But we must go around it to reach this gate, wherever it is."
Tom shook his head. "Tom expected at least the Fair Folk to be wiser than crawl into dark holes underground."
"You don't have to go, little man," said Uglúk.
"Don't hinder us," said Elrohir. "Let's go!"

The diminished Fellowship quickly passed around the lake to reach the walls of Moria. As Théodred, the last of the Company, stepped on the dry ground on the far side, there came a soft sound: a swish, followed by a plop, as if a fish had disturbed the still surface of the water. Turning quickly they saw ripples, black-edged with shadow in the waning light: great rings were widening outwards from a point far out in the lake. There was a bubbling noise, and then silence. The dusk deepened, and the last gleams of the sunset were veiled in cloud.

"So, where is this gate?" Théodred asked. "It may be dark inside, but somehow I would prefer it over standing on the shore of this lake after dusk."
"The Dwarven door is always hidden," Dáin explained.
"So can we find it?" Halbarad asked. "I thought you, Lady, said you have passed through before."
"I did," said Galadriel, lifting her white arms and touching the stony wall. "And I know the door does not open by itself."

Galadriel whispered something softly and, to everyone's surprise, where there was just plain wall a few moments ago, a great doorway opened.

"This is our way," Galadriel said, turning back on the others.
Bombadil gazed into the darkness inside. "This is not a good place," he said. "These are no longer Dwarven homes, but cold and dark caves and halls."
Dáin was standing still, clutching his fists, pale in his face. "It has been too long," he muttered to himself. "Balin..."
Radagast shook his head. "Come on! Wake up! This is no time to stay!" He took few steps to the edge of the pool and raising high his staff, he hit the surface of the water with a flash.
Instantly after the staff hit the surface, there was a swish and a bubble from further in the pool. Great rippling rings formed on the surface somewhere in the middle of the lake, and they moved slowly towards the foot of the cliff.
"Why did you do that, Radagast?" said Éomer. "I hate this place, and I am afraid. I don't know of what: not of the traitors among us, not of the dark behind the doors, but of something else. I am afraid of the pool. Don't disturb it!"
"We have been standing and talking here for too long," said Gildor. "Let us go in."
"This is an evil door, and my death lies beyond it. I will dare to pass it nonetheless," said Halbarad. He strode forward, but at that moment several things happened. Éomer felt something seize him by the ankle, and he fell with a cry. The others swung round and saw the waters of the lake seething, as if a host of snakes were swimming up from the southern end.
Out from the water a long sinuous tentacle had crawled; it was pale-green and luminous and wet. Its fingered end had hold of Éomer's foot and was dragging him into the water.
"Into the gateway! Up the stairs! Quick!" shouted Radagast leaping back.
Rousing them from the horror that seemed to have rooted all to the ground where they stood, he drove them forward. But then Éomer drew his sword and with one slash he cut the hideous tentacle away. He fell on his face, and twenty other arms came rippling out. The dark water boiled, and there was a hideous stench.
"We cannot help him!" shouted Radagast. "Up the stairs!"
Several tentacles grabbed Éomer's legs and body. He almost could not move. But he was still clutching his sword. He lifted his head, and his eyes met Radagast's. And with shock and horror, the Wizard realised the young Rohir's eyes were shining with anger and hatred.
"Cannot help me?" Éomer shouted with surprising strength. "I see – you are leaving me to die here! This was all your doing – traitor!!!"
Radagast felt as if time had slowed for him. He had enough time to watch Éomer's arm rising, he saw him stretching his hand and then, throwing his sword against him. He had enough time to see the sword of Mark flying through the air towards him and hitting him, while the slimy green tentacles slowly dragged Éomer into the water and the lake closed above him.

Radagast collapsed on the steps. But to the dismay of the remaining Companions, about his body a grey mist gathered, and rising slowly to a great height like smoke from a fire, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed over the pool. For a moment it wavered, looking to the West; but out of the West came a cold wind, and it bent away, and with a sigh dissolved into nothing.

Galadriel was the first to break the silence. "Come!" she cried, although even in her voice the horror was heard. "This is not over yet! Get away from the door!"

They were just in time. Uglúk and Tom were only a few steps up, and Halbarad had just begun to climb, when the groping tentacles writhed across the narrow shore and fingered the cliff-wall and the doors. One came wriggling over the threshold, glistening in the starlight. Galadriel turned and paused. If she was considering what would close the gate again from within, there was no need. Many coiling arms seized the doors on either side, and with horrible strength, swung them round. With a shattering echo they slammed, and all light was lost. A noise of rending and crashing came dully through the ponderous stone. They were now trapped inside Moria, and the only way out was on the other side.

The Fellowship has entered the Mines of Moria.

The Fellowship:

Groin Redbeard - Dáin II. Ironfoot
Gwathagor - Halbarad
McCaber - Elrohir
Meneltarmacil - Uglúk
Nogrod - Tom Bombadil
Rune son of Bjarne - Galadriel
Sally - Théodred
Thinlómien - Gildor Inglorion

Gone:

Gil-Galad - Gandalf (left the Fellowship in Eregion) - innocent
Nerwen - Elladan (lost in the Pass of Caradhras) - innocent
Aganzir - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins (departed the Company by the dry streambed of Sirannon) - First Ringbearer & Protector
A Little Green – Éomer (dragged into the pool by the Watcher in the Water) - Avenger
THE Ka – Radagast (killed by Éomer's sword Gúthwinë by the Gates of Moria) - traitor

The third part of the journey begins. Traitors stop talking. Everyone start posting. And if the former events were too little for you, you can decide who shall be the next Ringbearer.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #173
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Theodred was overcome with sorrow at the loss of his cousin, though proud that Eomer's last act had been to conquer a traitor. He resolved to sit in silence for a while before joining the day's discussion.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #174
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Brave was Éomer son of Éomund from the green land of Calenardhon, and although I grieve his death, he did not die in vain, for he killed a traitor, and indeed the slyest of them all, it seems. For I did nor foresee Radagast's treachery, and I daresay few others could.

His guilt has somewhat reduced my doubt of Iarwain Ben-adar. If they were companions in treachery, I do not see why would he spread light on the suspicious actions of his fellow who was unsuspected or unnoticed by everyone else. Or maybe he could, but not in the manner he did it."

Gildor paused. He weighed the strange Ring in his hands and tried not to think about it. He was afraid of its power and its lures and had been reluctant to take it, even though he believed he had more willpower and harmony of mind than perhaps any of the others. He tried to catch someone glaring at the precious Ring, but no one was eyeing it greedily. He shook his head. The path of catching the remaining traitors would be a more difficult one.

"As soon as I can, I will go through everybody's relations with Radagast in my mind." He fell silent. Then he hid the Ring. It was useless to create more evil by having it in plain sight.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #175
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dain stood in shock as the doors of Khazadum closed with a collosial bang. He stood for a while in horror of what had just happened, but it was only for a second. He shook his head at the loss of Eomer, his words might have helped fellowship for a while longer.

"I am not at all in favor of coming this way," he said. "Long ago did a warn Thrain of the danger that still dwells here, I fear that Durin's bane still lives. Balin set out from Esgaroth thirty years ago and has never been heard from since." he sighed hard through closed lips. "But do not let that disturb us, we may still go unoticed here, and we have one less traitor to worry us on our journey, one down two more two go."

He walked at the head of the council guiding the way along with Galadriel, and he marveled at the craftmenship of his people long ago and indeed would have loved to stay here longer; but he knew all to well of the danger that they were in and pushed on.

EDIT: X'd with Gildor
Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #176
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Halbarad sat stunned for a moment, with a dark look upon his face, as he considered this sudden turn of events. He needed to choose his next words carefully, for this day could mean the life or death of the Fellowship. Careless words had been the cause of Lobelia's death in the closing hours of the previous day, and they could afford no more losses.

"The chances are that Elrohir is innocent after all, since Radagast the Traitor voted to expel him. Of course, Lobelia already had several votes when the Traitor voted, so it may have only been a subterfuge of the enemy who knew that Elrohir would not be voted out...? It is possible, but unlikely.

"What troubles me most now is yesterday's last minute voting frenzy between the allies of Lobelia and Bombadil. It was a generally nasty situation, and nearly everyone involved looks suspicious...except Lobelia, of course. My first instinct is that Bombadil looks the most suspicious of the participants in that disaster. However, I dare not rush to conclusions. Allow me a few hours alone to consider what transpired; when I return, I will join the debate. (I may eat some food while I am away as well and exercise while I am away as well!)"

EDIT: Crossed with Dain and Gildor

Last edited by Gwathagor; 03-28-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: misspelling
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #177
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dain went over in his mind the doings of Radagast the brown during the last two days, in truth he had not suspected him in the slightest.

"Well, on thing we can be sure of is that Elrohir is in fact innocent, or all the more guilty. Radagast had voted for him when Lobelia was voted to leave. That was either a clever part on Radagast's part to fool us, seeing how few of us were eager to jump on Elrohir, or proves his innocents completely."

EDIT: X'd with Halbarad

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 03-28-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #178
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Galadriel had failed the group earlier and she knew it, but there was little she could have done about it and there was nothing for her to do than to look ahead. Eventhough her speach at Sirannon had been the subject of debate, she where going to repeat the act.

Galadriel calmly adressed the group, it could not be seen that she was no longer as confident as earlier.

"Of Eomer I had great doubt and in Radagast I held great belief, both have been shamed at the walls of Moria. My wisdom seem to have left me to some degree, no doubt the pressens of the ring has some hold of me and is surrounding my thoughts with a grey mist of insecurity. It is the same mist that clouds my mind about the Ugluk the Orc and Theodred of Rohan.

Of something I am certain still. . .I can only say that I have grown more sure of the need for the departure of Iarwain. Of course my speech at Sirannon was prepared, I do not start speaking while knowing not what to say! Surely even I could not know whether I would have the chance to speak them, but at times one is willing to take risks. As Lobelia quit rightfully pointed out your view on that speech changed in a quite interesting manner.

On the subject of Lobelia: It will be hard to figure out if traitors where amongst the people responsible for her sending away. . . . her aggressive and somewhat unorthodox approach to our quest could have let many to belive that she was a traitor hiding in the open and indeed I was bewildered by her.

Halbarad Is hard to put a finger on, he seems to be bending like a branch in the wind no matter what happens.

Gildor You confuse me a bit, you seem at times highly suspicious and at other times you seem to posses your wisdom of old. Had it been someone I knew less than you I would give you the benefit of the doubt, but I do know you and I so I am letting you know that I am watching you closely."

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #179
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Tom was both sad and proud of the young Eorling - and a little proud of himself as well. And in the middle of all the puzzles and confusion some of his normal self-confidence was back after the weary hours of the last Day. He was thinking to himself: I was right in the end! I'm normally not good with persons and conspiracies but with nature and Ilúvatar's simpler creations... But maybe I can indeed help these youngsters after all? So should I turn my eyes more intently towards the lady Galadriel toDay as I still have a similar kind of suspicion on her? Maybe I should indeed.

The fellowship was ascending the steps in the darkness and Tom couldn't but hum silently...

"I've wathched these mountains grow,
seen them aligning themselves in a row,
but still I hate being here in dark under them:
places without the sky are places for mayhem."

That wasn't the most cheery piece but it reflected his feeling about the mines of Moria quite accurately. But then he heard some people already starting discussion and he started thinking about what they had said and what had happened.

X'd with Galadriel
Old 03-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #180
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Elrohir returned from his meditative journeys,

"Truly, Eomer is a grievous loss, but it is sadder that Radagast had turned from the light. Even the Istari can err, it seems.

Two of us here are traitors. I shall think back on what the wizard said to see if he incriminated anyone.

And please, believe that I am not one of these foul traitors, for if I were I would not have killed my brother Elladan. I apologize for my silence on Caradhras, but I shall speak as truly as I am able in Moria."
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #181
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
And please, believe that I am not one of these foul traitors, for if I were I would not have killed my brother Elladan.
"At this hour it will take more than that my good elf. You know as well as we all that this Ring might mess with the heads of anyone of you and bring you to do things you couldn't imagine... I'm pretty disappointed with you now as I was almost ready to believe you true to our mission before you spoke just because of what Radagast did..."

Tom shook his head and then shouted to the front of the party where lady Galadriel was leading the fellowship.

"Shall we rest any time soon? I'd need to talk to you my fair lady and we'd do with a break, all of us."
Old 03-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #182
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, and I have plenty of time to spare now, unlike before when I had to hunt for food and scout for enemies, so I will be able to participate more in discussions of treachery.

This place...I can tell there are plenty of Orcs here, mountain-goblins most likely, the likes of which I have no love for. They have no sense of duty and honor like we Uruks do. Yet besides them, I can also smell... something else, something that seems familiar, a memory of Orcs past and fills me with apprehension. And twice now I have seen what appeared to be a cloud of fire and smoke moving around as if it were alive far below us. The sooner we leave here, the better, I say.

But enough about unknown dangers for now, and back to our more immediate problem.

We have here this quote from our good Tom Bombadil:
Quote:
Wake up Radagast my friend! We have no time to this kind of thing anymore. Are you trying to force me to stand up against you after I have voted my dearest friend and your kin out? Try to be more constructive - or are you not interested? Because the traitors are safe at the moment so it's just fine whoever of the top-candidates right now get sent away and you don't feel any urgency to bring in your own thoughts about the vote?
He sounds kind of desperate for Radagast to start talking here. It has a sense of "I don't want to have a reason to turn against you" feel to it, or at least as I see it. And we already know what that nasty wizard turned out to be in the end. Could Tom be trying to keep a partner in crime from looking too suspicious?

Elrohir, I'm still waiting to learn why you voted for me near the beginning of our quest. Was it really just because I'm an Orc?

And Halbarad, I'm really not sure I can honestly keep letting you off the hook for this long.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #183
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Tom shook his head and then shouted to the front of the party where lady Galadriel was leading the fellowship.

"Shall we rest any time soon? I'd need to talk to you my fair lady and we'd do with a break, all of us."
"Even though I do long to cover some distance and I we are all perfactly capable of talking while moving, I guess a small break would be welcomed. Now speak your mind Iarwain Ben-adar and hopefully it will enlighten us all"

EDIT: Cross-posted with Ugluk

Old 03-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #184
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post

Of something I am certain still. . .I can only say that I have grown more sure of the need for the departure of Iarwain. Of course my speech at Sirannon was prepared, I do not start speaking while knowing not what to say! Surely even I could not know whether I would have the chance to speak them, but at times one is willing to take risks. As Lobelia quit rightfully pointed out your view on that speech changed in a quite interesting manner.
"Indeed, Lady Galadriel, Bombadil's behavior this game has been curious. His voting record speaks against him: he has consistently cast the last, decisive vote against the accused, innocent player. I do not accuse Bombadil yet, but I believe that he deserves a closer look given his role in Lobelia's banishment. And had Radagast not been proven guilty this last night, I would have thought that Bombadil and Theodred were trying to frame him. However, given their last moment suspicions of Radagast yesterday, I am inclined to think that they cannot BOTH be guilty.

"I still think we should have voted against Elrohir.... Maybe he has not caused any more obvious harm, aside from failing to vote yesterday, but silence can be as harmful as speaking up; and silence is much safer. The simple fact of the matter is that a quiet traitor is much less likely to be suspected than one who speaks his mind. Finally, he still needs to explain why he voted for Ugluk on the first day. Elrohir claims it was because of Ugluk's race, but surely no one is satisfied with this answer. I am not.

"I have thought a little about Radagast. Hespoke very little while alive. Even less than Elrohir or Galadriel, and when he did speak, it was generally (apparently) whimsical and distracted - with little substance, and thus little to learn. He didn't even vote on the first day. Perhaps he felt that he didn't have to? He knew that, given the day's suspicions, either I or Gandalf would be killed. No vote leaves no trace.

"Captain Ugluk, however, has identified an interesting comment made by Bombadil to Radagast. We may be able to learn something useful there.

"I have nothing else useful to say for the present. I am, however, very curious to hear more from Elrohir and Bombadil."
Old 03-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #185
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
It has a sense of "I don't want to have a reason to turn against you" feel to it, or at least as I see it. And we already know what that nasty wizard turned out to be in the end.
"It has the feel in it that "I'm suspecting you heavily now and will soon vote for you if you don't give me reasons not to". Let us not confuse the good manners we all show to our earlier friends here and the exact situation we are and what we need to do."

Saying that he welcomed the call of the lady of the Galadhrim and climbed the remaining steps eagerly to meet her. While others sat back and went to their sacks for snacks Tom stayed up.

"Sorry for not singing this. There's time and place for everything.

My dear lady I must say that there's a shadow I see hovering above you and I need to speak this through openly. I do hope you can show I'm wrong for too noble companions have we lost this far already. And I will not restate things I have already said but only stick to thoughts I've gotten of late.

The traitor Radagast defended you in the very end when all was still more or less open - and he couldn't foresee his own death that would make that determined but non-grounded (and in the end non-needed) defence look so bad afterwards.

Also the heroic Eomér suspected the traitor Radagast strongly but also suspected you. If two of the traitors were caught in her suspicions (others being Halbarad and Elrohir) they might have thought he had some capabilities - a gift one could say - for seeing loyalties and that would explain why they called the Watcher to finish him off last Night.

And you speak of certainty and surety with the need of getting rid of me while you apologise how wrong you have been? I'm not sure or certain we should send you away but I'm beginning to think it might be our best option... in all insecurity we need to live with."

Tom looked at the fair lady in to the eyes and then sat back himself.

"And by the way I do still think that both Halbarad and the fair lady Galadriel are not both traitors but one of them might be indeed. For the way Halbarad seems to try at the same time both make friends with me while with his other hand trying to spread suspicion of me when there seems to be some general distrust looks very dubious indeed. And he shared the top-suspicion in the eyes of Eomer who the traitors might have taken as a "seer" of some kind...

And if you think you should suspect me then just remember Radagast's recital when he told me - by my open request - what people had said yesterDay while I had been away (post #132). It's a nice piece of rhetoric where he looks like quite innocently only referring to me what people had talked about that Day - but why did he make it aloud? Why did he actually wrote all those "analysis" to answer my request? So there was a reason why he wished to share those thoughts with us all. And what might that be? Just remember what he said and you see that it's kind of a list why people should vote me out of the company (he refers mainly to those speeches that suspected me and only referred to a few other kind of comments) while he could distract himself from that view and stay in friendly terms with me. Treacherous wizards are crafty indeed."

Tom took a piece of bread from his rucksack and started chewing.

"In principle we can make one more mistake but I'd rather send a traitor away toNight and so I would very much like to hear what you lady Galadriel and good Halbarad have to say for yourselves - or what suggestions you do have."

EDIT: X'd with Halbarad:
"Your indecisive suggestiviness looks really bad indeed dear ranger..."
Old 03-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #186
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
For the way Halbarad seems to try at the same time both make friends with me while with his other hand trying to spread suspicion of me when there seems to be some general distrust looks very dubious indeed.
"I asked for your opinion in order to judge you, not to flatter you, Bombadil."

Last edited by Gwathagor; 03-28-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #187
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
"Your indecisive suggestiviness looks really bad indeed dear ranger..."
"Indecisive? Say, rather, that I am prudent and not o'er-hasty in my accusations."
Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #188
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Ahh... I'm too old to remember or pay heed to that kind of a thing... what was it? Flattery? No. I mean from the very beginning you have walked the line trying to look friendly and even trusting at times but everytime there have been suspicions raised against me you've been more than happy to re-cite them. I know I'm innocent and thence the traitors know it too. They'd love to see old Tom gone. That much I know even if I haven't a good track-record this time. But just look at it the other way around. On the first Day I might have brought you dear Halbarad even with master Gandalf, on the second Day I could have committed a suicide. So do you still say I should have acted differently?"
Old 03-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #189
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Galadriel sat patiently and waited for Tom to finnish and when he did, her answer fell quickly.

"Yes Radagast indeed defended me, but is it no wonder? I spoke kindly of Radagast. . .as a traitor would you not grap the hand of an inoccent when it is streched out to you? Lets not forget that Radagast was not the only one who defended me Lobelia did as well, or rather she attacked the obscure grounds on which some accused me. My heart greatly desires that you are still true to the cause, but I your words have been too predictable.

Yes I have been wrong, but do not try to twist it around and use it as an argument against supporting my sugestion of sending you away!

I would never have voted for Radagast and I was willing to vote for Eomer, but did you not vote for both Lobelia and Mithrandir? Have you not been just as wrong as I?

The fact that you choose to use this in your argument worries me greatly.
"

EDIT: Cross Posted With Tom Bombadil and inserted a "me"

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 03-28-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: EDIT: Cross-posted with Tom Bombadil and putting in a word I left out
Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Oh my lady, have I been wrong? Yes, in a way I have been. But unlike you who have voted nice and early so as not to be scrutinised I have stood there at the last hour. Sadly the chances given to me on these two Days have been dreadful (look what actually happened or just check what I told to Halbarad a moment ago if you're forgotten it).

Just tell me, anyone, what you would have done with that kind of choices I faced that would with your criteria not look suspicious? I mean aren't you just saying X is suspicious where anything someone does in a situation that he has not himself produced will be categorically deemed suspicious? And if that is the case shouldn't we turn our eyes to those who specifically try to avoid any situations where they might be looked like that eg. those voting safely early, spreading the vote so as not to be decisive etc.?

And do not be lazy my dear friends either... Go through what has been said and do not talk nonsense. Not doing that is the way the traitors win. If you care to go through what people have said you can disregard the ignorant or malicious misjudgements which so many people like to just pass forwards as it's easy to cling into something someone just said but remembering and thinking is hard work. Of course, if you're not that interested in following the Council's decision then so be it. I can't force you all to think the best for yourselves. And in the end it's a Ring that affects folks like you and the world of yours, not mine. So as you wish..."

Tom seemed frustrated but also a bit tired. He pulled his hat over his eyes to take a nap and talked or moved no more.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #191
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Now it was Galadriel's turn to feel frustrated and replied Tom just before he laid down to sleep.
"So it is a sign of innocence to save ones vote, to let other run the show instead of shaping it one self? Also lets not forget that when you wait you have the lovely chance of saving your own or a friends neck. I am not saying that I suspect people who save their votes, all I am doing is pointing out that these things can be interpritated in what way fits you best"

Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #192
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Actually, to be honest, I've just gone over what Halbarad and Galadriel have done thus far, and have discovered that neither one seems extremely suspicious. Much as I distrust arrogant, self-proclaimed "wise" Elves and don't particularly care for the Dunedain either, neither of them has done anything that deserves exile.

Interestingly, Tom Bombadil called Halbarad suspicious for not contributing much to the discussion. This was after the Ranger had already made the point that Tom's singing could be used to confuse discussion. He's been making arguments, so how is he not contributing to the discussion?

Much as I'd like to move away from my old way of relentlessly attacking a single target, Tom just keeps coming back in my mind... not that getting rid of that annoying singing wouldn't be a good thing, as it gives me a nasty headache.

*angrily drops a large rock down a well*

*crashing sounds*

*RRRROOOOAAAARRRR*

Um, oops?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:36 AM   #193
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Now, I have long pondered Radagast's relations with us who still remain... now hear this. Let me pose a few questions and then answer them.

What did Radagast say of Uglúk?
He repeatedly (#17, #32, #38, #132) mentioned that he did not mind his being in the fellowship because he respected Curunir's wisdom. He also mentioned having some concern about the Uruk (#38) and later (#132) questioned his vote against Iarwain and said that it troubles him, but he will wait until the Orc comes back and explains, although it won't probably happen until after the next collision.

What did he say about Iarwain?
He first defended his rhymes (#17) saying there's no malice in them. Later he defended him again (#38) and noted that everybody were very suspicious of Iarwain, which, in my opinion, was not true. When we had come from from Caradhras (#114), he said that the old fellow's actions were odd, but he did not actually suspect him. Radagast to Iarwain's request and explained that most people find Iarwain's rhymes confusing and also explained his kindness (#132).

What did he say about me, Gildor Inglorion?
He said he respected me and agreed with me that we should not make rash decisions (#32). Later, he agreed with me again (#114), this time on the possible reasons behind Elladan's death. He also called my reasoning steady (#132). He elaborated my point to Éomer, but actually misinterpreted it (#164).

What did he say of Elrohir?
He supported his words about keeping together (#32). He also asked him to give reasons for his vote in Eregion (#123), seconding Éomer there. But later, after stating he had grown concerned about him, he dismissed the whole matter now that Elrohir "is willing to -- concentrate on any other more rational choices". When Iarwain mentioned sending Elrohir home, Radagast said (#145): "It is not so much unhelpful as Elrohir said himself earlier that his thoughts would be few after the event of such a thing and that he needed time. If he wished to return home he might say more on this, but I think it pity-seeking of others to force words into his mouth." Then he agreed with Iarwain about Elrohir (what did Iarwain actually say evades my mind at the moment) and voted him (#164).

What did he say about Halbarad?
He answered his question about trust (#38). He called him enigma in others' eyes and said he seems honest and reserved to him (#132).

What of Galadriel then?
He agreed with Dáin that it would be good to hear more of her (#42). He also mentioned her when talking about Halbarad and said he understands her vote and would like to hear more of her (#132). Later yesterday (#164) he said "Voting for Galadriel does not seem to be the quickest way of flushing out traitors, if that is what voting for her is to acomplish. Unless the goal is to just send her home without getting any information from her, but to me that seems a waste of good judgement."

What did he say of Théodred?
He defended himself against Théodred's suspicions and said that the Rohir is starting to sound like Elrohir in Eregion(#132). He also said his "immediate concern" is troubling and considered voting him but decided against it (#164).

As far as I see, he did not mention Dáin at all."

Gildor paused, giving the other time to think about what he had said and himself time for drinking water from his waterskin. Then he continued:

"What did others say of Radagast then?

What did Iarwain say?
He said Elladan might be trying to make Radagast look suspicious (#34). When accusing Elladan, he mentioned Radagast's case to be out of the blue and slightly defended him (#78). When he went away (#125), he asked Radagast to fill him in with the day's discussion. When he had come back (#128), he said that Radagast was over-friendly and thus odd. In the last moments of yesterday (#150) he says: "Wake up Radagast my friend! We have no time to this kind of thing anymore. Are you trying to force me to stand up against you after I have voted my dearest friend and your kin out? Try to be more constructive - or are you not interested? Because the traitors are safe at the moment so it's just fine whoever of the top-candidates right now get sent away and you don't feel any urgency to bring in your own thoughts about the vote?" he repeated this a while later (#162) by saying: "Radagast goes for straw-picking with roles and character-emotions at the last minutes when we should do something else. So why? Because everything's alright to him? 'nuff said?"

What did Halbarad say about him?
He questioned Radagast's words about trust and asked who he would trust (#36).

What did Dáin say about him?
He mentioned him among the wise of the company (#40). Later (#76) he mentioned that the wizard agreed with him about Lobelia's behaviour. Near the gates of Moria he said "Radagast, I have no opinion of yet, as Theodred said we seem to have passed him entirely in our calculations. Let me examine his words before I offer further incite on him."

And what did Galadriel say?
She first mentioned him when we had descended from Caradhras and in her first speech she declared that she had no reason to doubt his allegiance (#92).

Or Théodred?
He noted that Radagast had not voted in Eregion (#94). Later, he noticed that "Radagast had thrown suspicions toward others, but had been overlooked by the masses". Which is a good point, if you ask me, although Radagast had actually been defending people more than attacking them. At the same moment, Théodred hoped that people would pay more attention to Radagast.

What did I, Gildor Inglorion say?
I first talked about him on our way from Caradhras to Moria (#121) and said these words, that look so bitter now: "His presence is so kind and honest that it is impossible to think bad of him. If he's a traitor, he's the foulest of them all." Later (#140) I questioned Éomer's way of suspecting Radagast.

Uglúk did not mention him at all."

Gildor made a pause again, but this time he did not drink from the waterskin, but hummed a hymn to Elbereth in order to gather his thoughts.

"Based only on this, I would say the following things. Based on this, Théodred looks quite innocent. Everybody else could be either way.

My own and Uglúk's relations to the evil wizard look the worst to me. I will not waste my time on dwelling my own misguided opinions and Radagast's eagerness to support me, but instead I will say a few words about the Orc. Radagast's willingness to let Uglúk be regardless of his questionable vote seems slightly incriminating. What confuses me is his repeated words about Curunir's wisdom concerning Uglúk. At first it looks like careless non-action-based defense of a companion, but would he really do it this visibly? Isn't he overdoing it? Also, the fact that Uglúk did not mention him at all might speak for a connection between the two.

Radagast and Iarwain's relations are very troubling. Their first dance of supporting and suspecting each other looks rather suspicious, but I would like to repeat that I find it unlikely that Iarwain would have spotlighted (Elbereth forgive me for using such a word) Radagast in the manner he did yesterday when Radagast was rather safe, if they indeed were comrades in treachery.

Radagast and Galadriel's relations would be quite incriminating (especially suspicious was Galadriel's declaration of the wizard's innocence), but what makes me hesitate is Radagast's repeated questioning of where Galadriel is. It would be odd if he would wonder that aloud of a partner in crime and do it more than once.

As for Radagast and Elrohir, it looks quite bad - except for Radagast's vote. Would he have voted to banish his companion at a situation like that? It would have been risky but he might even have done that...

And Radagast's relations to Dáin and Halbarad do not tell me anything..."
Old 03-29-2008, 05:37 AM   #194
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Gildor frowned. "What is this silence?" he said, almost bewildered, "No one has said anything in nine hours!"
Old 03-29-2008, 06:22 AM   #195
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I think we have all slept master elf" Tom answered Gildor and stood up from the ground he had been dozing. "But you have spoken thoughtfully and I appreaciate it. It's good to have you around." Tom looked at the elf to the eye and finally patted him to the shoulder and smiled. "If all of us were like you we could clear this mess more easily." He then glanced at the sleeping company around them. "Sadly that seems not to be the case."

After picking some bread from his sack he started speaking, slowly and thoughtfully.

"I'm going to trust you Gildor, at least toDay. Also I haven't seen anything alarming in master Daín and will give him the benefit of doubt as well. What you said about the relations of Radagast and young Théodred agrees with what I have felt and thence leads me to more trust the young laddie than not.

So it means that I must focus toDay myself on the four that are left.

Of those I'm most confused with lady Galadriel. I seem to have the strongest reasons to suspect her but what youi pointed out about Radagast calling him all the time would suggest they were not in cahoots after all. Also the way she has answered my questions sound innocentish even there's something I can't say what it is that bothers me. It may well be just our mutual history for it has always been like that as we have met. Even if we respect each other we seem to misinterpret each other every time.

Elrohir is another one I'm not sure what to think. He comes and goes hardly saying anything and when he says something he manages to either say nothing or look suspicious. Maybe he's just lost, poor kid, after what happened to his brother but still... Anyway, he's not exactly helping our mission at this point.

That leaves me with Uglúk and Halbarad. I don't think that they both are traitors but that another one of them is a misguided innocent. They wouldn't make that kind of concerted attack on me if they were mates in crime. So I should find out which one is which...

What you said about Radagast would point towards Uglúk but Halbarad seems the more opportunistic of the two who likes to surf (Arda forgive me that word...) with the ideas of others which I always find traitorish behaviour."

Noticing that others were still sleeping he sat back down and offered his pipe to the elf.

"Now take a puff and relax, I need to think this over."
Old 03-29-2008, 07:42 AM   #196
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Galadriel who had not been a sleep, but walking silently in the shadows now approached the two who was sharing a pibe and she talked to Tom Bombadil.

"If we all were like Gildor it would make it no more easy the find the traitors, than if we had all been like Radagast. Gildor has done some extensive thinking and memory searching, but mostly it was administrative work that needs not be redone. It saves us other time which is nice, but the part that really matters is his own analyses which is not as extensiv as it first appears. Doing a speach like this could easily be a traitor wanting to appear helpful and innocent!

That being said, I do to some degree agree with you Iarwain, there does seem to be put thought into Gildor's words."

As he had spoken with Tom Bombadil she would every now and then cast a glance at Gildor, so that he would know that he was not excluded from the conversation.

She now turned to Gildor and asked him
"My dear Gildor, I would like it if you would explain in further dept what you find so suspicouse of Elrohir's relationship with Radagast. I would also like to know why you did not include Elrohir's statements(or lack of) in your speech?

As Galadriel returned to the shadows and her own thoughts, she cast a last glance at the two and said "And for the future I would like to be reffered to as "her" not "him"

Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #197
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Fair lady Galadriel, you said
Quote:
"My dear Gildor, I would like it if you would explain in further dept what you find so suspicouse of Elrohir's relationship with Radagast. I would also like to know why you did not include Elrohir's statements(or lack of) in your speech?
and I'm happy to oblige and elaborate.

Elrohir and Radagast's relationship was supicious in my opinion, because Radagast echoed Éomer's questioning of Elrohir's vote - note, he did not ask it first but re-asked the question. This loooks like distancing himself from his companion. Also, his dismissal of Elrohir's odd vote and suspiciousness looks dubious, as well as his defense of Elrohir when Iarwain talked of lynching him. I am now referring to his words about Elrohir needing time and people putting words to his mouth. That is, in short, what I find suspicious.

As for Elrohir's lack of statements..." There was a merry glint in Gildor's eyes and if an Elf-lord could look embarrassed, he did. "It seems I forgot it, my lady. But that merely means that he did not say anything about Radagast."

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-29-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: changed one "he" to Radagast and "asked" to "ask it" in order to make it clearer
Old 03-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #198
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Rumm-dumm-dum-dum
Rumm-dumm-dum-dum
Rumm-dumm-dum-dum

"The drums, the drums in the deep!
Rise and shine, no more sleep!"

Tom turned to Gildor. "I can sing them away if they come closer and you have keen eyes and ears. Let's go and scout a little!"

"Wakey-wakey-wakey!
These drums are no fakies!"
Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #199
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dain jumped to his feet when the noise of the drums were heard, and took to flight with the rest of the fellowship. For a long time Gladriel guided them up stone stairs and down them again until the din of the drums could be no longer heard. The fellowship stopped for a while and rested for a few minutes.

"We mustn't linger here long," he said panting heavily, "They will be here before long, but let me offer my advice to the discussion while we have a moments rest.

"Gildor, I was glad to hear your words once again, and as usual they offer more incite than any of us here. I do not believe that you are a traitor like the wise Galadriel says, for if you were, would you offer such excellent incite on the words of your fellow traitor? Of course not! For everything that you say about Radagast is true and there has been no misinterpretations.

"The lady Galadriel, I don't like her quick accusation on Gildor's extensive thoughts. In my mind it looks like something Gildor said set Galadriel off, perhaps the words of Bombadil did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
"If all of us were like you we could clear this mess more easily."
"Master Tom Bombadil appears to agree with the loudest members of the fellowship and focuses on the quieter ones.

"Halbarad, he is sloppy and his words are often taken out of context, but he always comes back with a satisfying response, but not entirely satisfying."

Dain suddenly came to life again. "Come, the orcs may be upon us at any moment! Let us make haste and talk if you will while we move!"

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 03-29-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #200
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

"My good Dwarf, I like the way you think. . .You have a raional mind and you don't jump to conclutions, yet you are not afraid of speaking your mind.

Indeed I did not react to Gildor's speech, but as you correctly point out I was reacting to what The Eldest said. He has a love for elaborate speeches with lots of refferenses to what has earlier been said, I for one have nothing against long speeches as long as they are too the point. I wanted to point out to people that a hold a speech like Gildor's could also be a scheme from a traitor.

I am suspicouse about Gildor, but it has to be strengthend if I am to cast my vote on him tonight.

As you may have guessed I am most inclined to vote for The Eldest, even though he is right when he say that we have a history of misinturpritating each other.
"