The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #121
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Greenie's death:

Post 1: Found sally unsettling (I still think this was clearly explained afterwards). Feels that Kitanna posted substance even though she didn't really. Pleased that Boro is on topic. Confused by Legate. Little to say on anyone else.

Post 2 : Offers defence of Nerwen. Ah, I think this post might hold the key. She talks about how to impersonate a maniac, because of course they would want to be Night killed to best help the village. Maybe the wolves were playing the odds. Lose a wolf but get rid of the maniac now. Or hoping for a bluff.

Post 3: Continued discussion of the maniac.

Post 4: Continued discussion, but also decides Lommy looks innocent.

Post 5: Also confused by Legate! Votes sally for her earlier suspicion.

Well then. Nerwen and Lommy are the names that came up here so keep an eye on them toDay I suppose.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #122
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Innocentish
Shasta - well he still needs to contribute and I really hate to use this kind of an argument, but I think he'd be more involved if he was a wolf.
Nogrod - I was a bit wary of him yesterDay but he seems better toDay, possibly because I can relate to his frustration about people being so quiet.
Kath - she's always a hard one to read early on, but I'm not too worried atm.
Copper - somehow manages to be under my radar. I don't like that, but I'm not particularily suspicious either.

Suspiciousish
Nerwen - well I don't like this whole Nerwen-Sally-Kitanna business, and Nerwen's floating around in the voting last night looks a bit fishy.
Sally - I keep flip-flopping on her, like whether I'm paranoid in thinking she acts like wolf!Sally or not, but I'm leaning guilty.
Kitanna - is quite defensive, and her interactions with the people mentioned above are fishy; there must be something going on with this trio. Still, Kitanna is probably the least suspicious of the three.
Lottie - I think I might just suspect here because others do so too, though.
Boro - something about him rubs me the wrong way. I mean, I agree with a lot of what he says, but since I suspect Sally and/or Nerwen it made me raise my eyebrows quite a bit that he suspected them quite vocally and then ended up voting Lottie.

I don't know if I've developed some homicidal tendencies, but I really wouldn't mind lynching anyone from the latter category. My preference would be one of Sally, Nerwen or Kitanna though, because my brain has kind of concentrated around them toDay and I feel like knowing one of their role might shed some light on the others.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #123
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Day 2:
Cop - feels Greenie was a trailless kill. Could be, though I think the maniac discussion was probably involved. Doesn't see anything suspicious about the votes, but immediately follows with being most likely to vote sally with no explanation. Feels Kitanna and Nerwen wouldn't have shown such clear unhappiness with sally having votes if they were her packmates - fair. Votes sally for: Sally: Her reasoning on Day 1 seemed fine to me, and nothing pinged me about her tone. But, if Greenie was killed because of sounding Seerish, what she said about Sally looks the most likely. I disagree with Lommy; I don't think Greenie's wording was clear about exonerating Boro. Hmm.

Lommy - thinks Greenie's tone may have suggested giftedness, thus the kill. Then finds suggestions the wolves may have thought her the Seer, with fair reasoning. Also reached the conclusion that sally is an interesting kettle of fish. Feels it would be unlikely for sally and Nerwen to both be wolves. But doesn't like the odd trio of sally, Nerwen and Kitanna that is circling toDay.

Boro - thinks Nerwen's question about how sally got 2 votes was odd, rather clearing sally in opposition to Lommy's suspicion. Doesn't like Nog's vote as he doesn't get the reasoning. I see where Nog got the reasoning from, so this didn't strike me as oddly as it does Boro. Offers a theory that Lottie knew the three names in the voting were innocent as she didn't want to add votes to them. Says Kitanna and sally voted in the interest of self preservation. And yes, they did, but neither of them made that clear which was odd. Votes Lottie based on his earlier reasoning.

Lottie - thinks Greenie was just a safe kill.

Kitanna - thinks Lottie, Lommy, sally and Cop had suspicious votes. Ends up only mildly suspicious of sally. Feels Lottie is too careful.

Nerwen - suddenly defensive.

Nog - says Kitanna's suspicion of those who suspect sally makes sally look suspicious. Thinks Nerwen's defence of sally is too bold for wolf on wolf.

Right. Checking over any extra posts, reading my own words, then voting.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #124
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Also Nog - it's always going to be lots of posts in a rush from me so just hang in there!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #125
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Coppermirror

Post 1: Banter. First poster.

Post 2: More of the same.

Post 3 & 4: Hold nothing of value, not even banter.

Post 5: Provides her first summary of the game thus far.
For Nerwen, Lottie, and me says there's not much to go on based on what he read.
Comments on Sally's maniac ideas (maniac=timebomb, maybe it's better not to know), but doesn't really say much of her thoughts on Sally.
She declares she won't vote for Lommy. Thinks her suggestion for the maniac to reveal is questionable, but notes she did get the conversation moving.
For Legate
Quote:
I like Legate's reasoning for (a) and (b) in post #35, but not (c) and (b).
I don't really have time to pull up how Legate's a,b,c worked right not, but essentially Cop agreed with some and disagreed with other parts. Also has this to say
Quote:
Takes time to explain the reasoning for his vote, which is good, but might even be slightly too careful.
I'm not sure how explaining a vote is being too careful. I'd rather have an explanation to use later, then gut feelings across the board.
Not going to vote for Nog based on consistency and contribution.
Doesn't have much to say about Shasta except his logic looks sound.
Quote:
Feeling relatively good about: Lommy, Nogrod
Neutral about: Sally, Shasta
No idea about: Kitanna, Lottie, Nerwen
Mildly suspicious of: Legate
Post 6: Continues where he left off
Says Greenie could be a wolf playing it safe.
Nothing to say on Kath except she won't vote on her because of her absence.
Won't vote for Boro because he got the discussion going so won't vote for him. However though she understands Boro's reasoning toward Lommy she doesn't agree.
Quote:
?????: Kath.
Neutral about: Greenie, Boro
Ends by saying he'll probably vote Legate.

Post 7: Votes Legate.

Today's posts:
Post 1: Looks at Greenie's posts concludes
Quote:
She doesn't seem to have strongly suspected anyone at all, and she was the first to vote and have to leave. I suppose it's possible she was a trailless kill, but I can't really believe that in a village this small. There must have been something.
Post 2: Puts up voting timeline. Doesn't see anything on the surface to point to guilt at the time of the post.

Post 3: Has this to say
Quote:
If Nerwen was a Moviephile trying to save a packmate Sally there, I'm not sure she would have been so obviously unhappy with the Sally vote. Same goes for Kitanna.
But doesn't really indicate how she feels about Nerwen beyond a theory of what Nerwen could have done as a wolf.
Says if Greenie was killed for being seerish Sally looks like a likely wolf.
Doesn't think Lottie's idea of the wolves picking a safe, non-maniac kill makes sense. Like Nerwen doesn't really say how she feels.
Says I look consistent, not overly suspicious.
Quote:
Lommy: Has been active toDay. Other than that, not a lot of change since yesterDay.
Nogrod: No posts since I last commented about him, I think.
Shasta: Ditto, and I'm worried about his lack of activity.
Kath: Also worried about lack of activity.
Still has no real feel for Boro.
Votes Sally based on Greenie possibly being a seerish kill.

Copper doesn't really commit to anyone. Cop has been very careful. She gives passes to nearly everyone, except one person, who she then votes for. Since it's only D2 I couldn't say for sure, but it seems like she is trying to stay on people's good sides and today she picks Sally, who I view as an easy target because of the likelihood Greenie was picked off as a possible seer. I can't say the same for Legate at the time of her vote, so I don't know what to think of that.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #126
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Shasta - well he still needs to contribute and I really hate to use this kind of an argument, but I think he'd be more involved if he was a wolf.
Don't use that. (I'm innocent, but still, don't. )

This game started right as I started moving out of one apartment and into another, plus an incredibly long week of work. DL for me is at 9 PM - I work from 12 AM to 8 AM and sleep right after that until about 4 PM, giving me 5-ish hours that I could split between moving and Werewolf. I just haven't had time to be here, innocent or wolf.

However, I'm all moved in now and I'm coming up on days off, so I'll be able to contribute more after the next hour or so. I'll (hopefully) have some content up before DL tonight, but I'll understand if you guys feel it would be better to modkill/replace me.

On a related note, Sally is busy today as well - she texted me and asked me to mention it (I just haven't been awake before now.)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #127
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Says Kitanna and sally voted in the interest of self preservation. And yes, they did, but neither of them made that clear which was odd. Votes Lottie based on his earlier reasoning.
I missed a lot of posts while rereading the thread for my long post at the end of the day. I didn't realize it was a vote of self-preservation at the time. Not that changes anything. I still would have voted Legate since I wasn't convinced of Sally's guilt.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #128
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

From yesterDay, I think Kitanna and sally's votes are suspicious. They are both clearly self preservation votes and this is acceptable as an innocent, and understandable as a wolf. What I find odd is that neither of them actually admitted to that.

That Nog changed his suspicions through the Day made me feel happier about my early wonderings about him.

From my look at Greenie I think Lommy and Nerwen bear watching, but neither has leapt out as suspicious toDay to me.

Would really still like to know about double lynches as I feel that would have had a strong influence yesterDay on sally and Kitanna's voting.

And I rather feel that lynching sally or Kitanna would give more information here as a result.

There are already votes for Lottie and sally, so I will add the third name to the mix.

++Kitanna
Old 06-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #129
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I disagree with Lommy; I don't think Greenie's wording was clear about exonerating Boro.
It wasn't exactly clear, but it was the clearest. I think the only other one she thought more innocent than not was me, and there she changed her opinion after I backtracked on my maniac plan. Anyway, I still think the same as in the beginning of the Day: that given Greenie's death and yesterDay's vote, we should look really hard at Sally. I have yet to see a better lynch option for toDay, however much my gut-feeling keeps flip-flopping on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I'll (hopefully) have some content up before DL tonight, but I'll understand if you guys feel it would be better to modkill/replace me.
As long as you honestly try to post and you manage to vote, I think it's ok. Everybody is busy sometimes (this village is just so small that quiet people make me paranoid).

edit: xed with Kitanna and Kath... hmm.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #130
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Would really still like to know about double lynches as I feel that would have had a strong influence yesterDay on sally and Kitanna's voting.
Kath dear, let me quote the rules on the admin thread:

Quote:
In the event of a tie vote, the last player receiving the total is eliminated.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #131
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Which is something I haven't really considered - it suddenly makes it a lot less risky for wolf-on-wolf voting in the last minutes if the situation is even enough and the voted wolf hasn't still voted herself. I might or might not be talking about Nerwen and Sally.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #132
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Since you guys are quiet I will go away and think outside the box. I think I've been way too fixated on three people toDay and others have escaped my attention. With my luck Sally, Nerwen and Kitanna are all innocent and in truth we have some Nogrod-Boro-Coppermirror conspiracy.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #133
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The Sally - Kitanna + someone - scenario looks to me the most believable right now. And I'm actually willing to check on that one, with a bit more confidence on Sally's guilt than Kit's - but they'd easily fit with the same plot.

In case that backfires I'd really think Boro and Lommy might be the other story - with someone like Copper filling the third place then? But that would be a totally new scenario...

EDIT: managed to X with Lommy's last one... Nice to see the mutual ponderings for new scenarios.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #134
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, I'm back, and should be here until DL.

Quote:
From yesterDay, I think Kitanna and sally's votes are suspicious. They are both clearly self preservation votes and this is acceptable as an innocent, and understandable as a wolf. What I find odd is that neither of them actually admitted to that.

That Nog changed his suspicions through the Day made me feel happier about my early wonderings about him.

From my look at Greenie I think Lommy and Nerwen bear watching, but neither has leapt out as suspicious toDay to me.

And I rather feel that lynching sally or Kitanna would give more information here as a result.

There are already votes for Lottie and sally, so I will add the third name to the mix.

[*highlight]++Kitanna[/highlight*]
So this caught my eye as being...off. I don't know Kath's playing style very well, but this post of hers came off as being at once flippant - "they are both clearly self preservation votes", "I rather feel lynching sally or Kitanna would give more information" - and, at the same time, almost grasping at suspicions. For one thing, her suspicions about Kit and Sally are flimsy at best, but she phrases them as though they're simple and clean-cut and obvious. She mentions Nog, Nerwen, and Lommy, but doesn't actually say anything about them - basically a "I thought they might be suspicious but I don't know" kind of statement that doesn't do anyone much good. I'm not at all happy with this vote, and Kath has definitely jumped to the top of my list.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #135
Kitanna
Child of the West

Boro

Post 1: Banter

Post 2: His post about the maniac being a wildcard. Until Zil's clarification I agreed with Boro that the maniac had no allegiance and since the role is to die, they could decide to draw votes or a night kill. Once Zil clarified though, this post no longer made sense, but it did move the conversation away from banter and into a long discussion about the maniac.

Post 3: Is more banter.

Post 4: Feels good about Nog, Shasta, and Greenie. Understands Legate's vote but doesn't like it. (I feel like I've a variant on that sentence a lot today) Has this to say about Lommy
Quote:
Lommy troubles me the most today. That "what if the maniac reveals today to give us a known innocent" business. Comes off trying to divert the topic to gifteds revealing which is rarely ever good.
Post 5: Votes Lommy.

Today:
Post 1: Thinks Sally was playing close to the vest on D1. But also questions Nerwen exchange with Sally at the end of the day.

Post 2: A look at the voting.
Quote:
if Greenie was targeted because the wolves thought she was the seer, I don't see how they would have reached that conclusion from Greenie voting for sally. Based on that post, if sally is a wolf, who thought Greenie was the seer, then sally is rather paranoid in this game.
Looks like he disagreed with Lommy's vote because her reason was to not spread the vote out further.
Though Nog provided a weird explanation about his vote for me.
Quote:
That is, it almost looks like Lottie knows the 3 that had votes at that point are innocent (because they're not one of her mates) and she therefor didn't care about adding another innocent (Legate) to the pile and seeing which one gets the noose.
Doesn't find Cop too suspicious at the moment, though he says she was careful not to step on anyone's toes.
Quote:
Nerwen: says the reasons are in #75. And it's because of Kit's misinterpreting the maniac's role. Says also that I came up with the same interpretation so the same could apply to me in hinting to the maniac. If the wolves thought the maniac was a wild card at the beginning of the day and were trying to hint to the maniac, that would be suspicious. On my end I thought a slightly new role deserved discussion and my point got sidetracked to the maniac revealing after Inzil clarified.
Says I voted for self preservation and that if
Quote:
what she says about Legate dropping some early ill feelings on sally after she got a vote is true. I'm running out of time. If it's true than her reason for voting Legate, instead of sally, looks better because it would be more genuine/honest, even if Legate was an innocent.
Quote:
sally: self preservation as well, and appears to have crossed with Kit's vote. Doesn't really offer an explanation in the vote, because of the DL approaching. But she did explain in an earlier post, where she thinks there's too much of a deal being made about Kit misinterpreting the maniac role, and Legate's overanalyzing with all the different scenarios.
Post 3:
Votes Lottie.

A few things. Greenie seemed to feel good about Boro, though that's not a lot to go on. However, I believe a wolf Boro would attack someone like Greenie who didn't link directly to him, but framed someone else (Sally). That's probably a long shot given the size of the village, but Boro is way to clever a wolf for me to ignore that that could be a possibility.

I need to get back to work. I may make a comment or two in the next two hours, but probably nothing in-depth until after I get home.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #136
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
But to be honest, I think it's no coincidence that both Lommy and me find Boro and Copper the next scenario - and feel that Sally & Kit are the primary suspects (I'm a bit torn by Nerwen as the third but Lommy thinks she is the third one on that scenario).

Unless Lommy is a wolf of course - and she is probably thinking vice versa. There would be a lot of fun or serious "reaching out" to be made here, but I'm probably sticking to my guns and voting Sally just looking at the most likely chances of getting a wolf (or Kit even if I'd kind of rather vote for Sally just because Kit has been a good sport).
Old 06-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #137
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Unless Lommy is a wolf of course - and she is probably thinking vice versa. There would be a lot of fun or serious "reaching out" to be made here, but I'm probably sticking to my guns and voting Sally just looking at the most likely chances of getting a wolf (or Kit even if I'd kind of rather vote for Sally just because Kit has been a good sport).
Err, I'm hoping this is just great minds think alike because that's my thoughts exactly up to the point that it's creepy. Well, whatever happens toDay, toMorrow will be interesting no doubt.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #138
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Suspicious About
Kath - I've mentioned my problems with her vote earlier.
Coppermirror - Hasn't posted all that much, but what he has posted has been really non-committal. He voted Sally just because of Greenie's death, which could have been a wolf planning for an easy frame and not expecting the village to pass up the lure.

Unsure About

Nogrod - I don't necessarily suspect him, because he hasn't done anything suspicious, but I definitely don't trust him either.
Boro - He doesn't seem like normal Boro to me, but that might even be a sign of his innocence - he's normally a much more subtle wolf.
Nerwen - I haven't got a real read on her yet, but she certainly hasn't done anything to make me suspicious.
Shasta - I don't have a read on him. Hopefully his schedule will allow for more psychicing toMorrow!
Sally - I feel better about her than not, but I'm not willing to move her down a level just yet.

Feeling Pretty Decent About

Kitanna - I know she's been under some suspicion thus far, but I don't see the reason for it. She looks pretty good to me.
Lommy - She's looked innocent since Day One, which should maybe be worrying, but I'm comfortable with her for now.

EDIT: xed since my last
Old 06-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #139
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Err, I'm hoping this is just great minds think alike because that's my thoughts exactly up to the point that it's creepy. Well, whatever happens toDay, toMorrow will be interesting no doubt.
My thoughts exactly...

Although I'd add the factor I mentioned earlier, which is, that if we get it wrong toDay toMorrow will not be first and foremost interesting but rather scary...
Old 06-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #140
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Although I'd add the factor I mentioned earlier, which is, that if we get it wrong toDay toMorrow will not be first and foremost interesting but rather scary...
As long as we don't lynch any of the gifteds it should still be decent.

Anyway, I think it's my bedtime, so

++Sally

Considering both yesterDay's vote and Greenie's death, I think it's the logical choice.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 06-03-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: fixed fromatting
Old 06-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #141
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The voting so far...

Copper -> Sally
Boro -> Lottie
Kath -> Kitanna

My view of things: the wolves killed Greenie on the grounds she was the most probable seer-candidate (aka. Sally is a wolf). Then toDay Kitanna has been consistently downplaying that interpretation by both promoting the idea that Greenie's death was a no trace kill and that Sally is more innocent than not - and she has been very active toDay trying to find any other candidates to replace the suspicions on Sally (and herself).

A good villager also takes an open-eyed look at as many others as s/he can... and like in every game; anyone you look at the right way looks suspicious - or if you are a wolf, you can make anyone look suspicious.

So unless someone comes with something that really challenges my basic idea that I think actually has some merit, then I'm going to vote for Sally.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy...
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #142
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

My bedtime as well (2AM).

++ Sally

Copper -> Sally
Boro -> Lottie (1)
Kath -> Kitanna (1)
Lommy -> Sally
Nog -> Sally (3)
Old 06-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #143
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
My view of things: the wolves killed Greenie on the grounds she was the most probable seer-candidate (aka. Sally is a wolf). Then toDay Kitanna has been consistently downplaying that interpretation by both promoting the idea that Greenie's death was a no trace kill and that Sally is more innocent than not - and she has been very active toDay trying to find any other candidates to replace the suspicions on Sally (and herself).
You must think me a mighty foolish wolf to so blatantly defend Sally as a packmate.

I don't know if Sally is actually guilty, but I know I'm not. And I don't think Sally is a foolish enough wolf to night kill someone who leads to clearly to her. So I'm not sold on her being guilty right now.

You on the other hand...
Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #144
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Just to clarify if someone missed it...

Why Kitanna's defence of Sally or the repeated suggesting that the wolves killed Sally for a random no-trace -reasons toDay matters? Well, she really puts a lot of effort to say that - and that's exactly what a fellow wolf would do knowing what they did during the Night and seeing people getting suspicious about exactly that.

So it kind of speaks for the guilt of Sally- but even if I'm wrong about it (Kit just is consistently and deliberately thinking that Sally is the innocent person here and needs to be defended, even if somwewhat subtly to begin with = early Day) Sally still looks suspicious because of the Night-kill.

EDIT: X'd with Kitanna
Old 06-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #145
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
You must think me a mighty foolish wolf to so blatantly defend Sally as a packmate.

I don't know if Sally is actually guilty, but I know I'm not. And I don't think Sally is a foolish enough wolf to night kill someone who leads to clearly to her. So I'm not sold on her being guilty right now.
Yes. Yes, that exactly. Everyone keeps insisting that Greenie was a Seer kill, and I don't buy it at all. If she was a Seer kill, it was a dumb move on the wolves' part - if she was a Seer kill, then the wolf would have to be Sally, and we all know that. It's obvious. It would be the most obvious Night kill a wolf could make, and I do not think Sally would have done it. You know what it could have been? An easy frame. I mentioned Cop earlier as potentially having killed Greenie during the Night with the intention of using that death to frame Sally earlier - it looks like that argument could apply to Nog and maybe even Lommy as well.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #146
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
You didn't do it "blatantly". Kind of the contrary. You did it quite carefully, bit by bit - but consistently. Read your posts from the beginning of the Day (before you started searching for other candidates - piling a nice amount of analysis of other people trying to make a case for them in hopes of us turning our eyes from Sally).

I might be wrong about you. But it doesn't remove the case on Sally... Even if I do think you two have a connection, because of your posts toDay.

Quote:
I don't know if Sally is actually guilty, but I know I'm not. And I don't think Sally is a foolish enough wolf to night kill someone who leads to clearly to her.
That doesn't make me suspect you two less. On the contrary. The exact attitude , the view-point, you have there, looks very much like that of a wolf in distress for her mate.

It's not foolish to do away with a possible seer even if it costs one of the pack . but it is a bit foolish to stick to defend your mate...
Old 06-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #147
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Everyone keeps insisting that Greenie was a Seer kill, and I don't buy it at all. If she was a Seer kill, it was a dumb move on the wolves' part - if she was a Seer kill, then the wolf would have to be Sally, and we all know that. It's obvious. It would be the most obvious Night kill a wolf could make, and I do not think Sally would have done it. You know what it could have been? An easy frame.
I agree there is a chance the Night kill was a framing (I did actually suggest that scenaro myself earlier) - but Kitanna's consistent defence of Sally / suggestions it was a no-trace kill keeps me thinking it's more likely it wasn't.

But just hold on a minute. If Sally is a wolf (as I think she is), what other options did the wolves have? "Yeah, let's not kill Greenie-seer so that she can find out about us others or pronounce her dream in no uncertain terms on D2, as killing her would compromise the safety of one of us"?

And I don't think "everyone" is thinking Greenie was a seer-kill, but the wolves sure would be feeling like that...
Old 06-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #148
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
But just hold on a minute. If Sally is a wolf (as I think she is), what other options did the wolves have? "Yeah, let's not kill Greenie-seer so that she can find out about us others or pronounce her dream in no uncertain terms on D2, as killing her would compromise the safety of one of us"?
Why would the wolves have thought she was a Seer at all? She didn't talk like a Seer. If anything, if she were a Seer, I'd read her vote post as saying in giant neon letters, "I DIDN'T DREAM SALLY THIS IS NOT A DREAM":

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I really need to get some sleep now (just when things are getting interesting, how typical). I don't feel comfortable voting anyone at this point given how little has happened, but I'd feel even less comfortable abstaining. The only thing that's caught my eye so far is nothing but a hunch, but here it is -

Something rubs me the wrong way here, maybe it's this being the only comment she makes on the whole Maniac issue in a post otherwise comprised of banter. Safely noncommittal, leaving ends open, casually concerned but not really. Flimsy reasoning for a vote, but better than nothing, so

[*highlight]++ Sally[/highlight*]

Good night!
"Nothing but a hunch" "I don't feel comfortable voting, but I'd feel less comfortable abstaining" "Flimsy reasoning for a vote, but better than nothing" These are not the things a Seer would say if she had dreamed a wolf. These are things a Seer would say if she wanted to make sure, if she died overNight, no one would think she'd dreamed this person. I in no way find this adequate reason to kill Sally.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #149
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I was just closing my computer and saw this.

Lottie: you should check my post #112 for a fuller discussion of that issue.

To put it short: it is the odd, standing-out and out of the blue "Something there?" in a list post (first post) by Greenie, followed by a vote with excuses that makes it look seerish - not the vote post you refer to - that makes the scenario likely.

Read the thread people. Please.

Good night.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #150
Kitanna
Child of the West

++Nogrod

I feel like you have been gunning for me since this game started. However today you (and Lommy) are working overtime to throw as much suspicions as you can on Sally and I. And to a lesser extent Nerwen. Why? Because of our interactions? Same can be said of the two of you.

It looks too much like you trying to push Sally out there. Maybe you're in cahoots with her and she sacrifices herself to help make you look good, to show everyone we can trust you. It looks extremely fishy to me that you have become fixated on Sally and I (and Lommy is guilty of this as well). To the point where you have barely bothered to look at anyone else. Unless you've had a dream or your're a wolf no ordo can be so sure they've made the right choice until their suspect is dead.

Also you accuse me of
Quote:
and she has been very active toDay trying to find any other candidates to replace the suspicions on Sally (and herself).
So you're accusing me of playing the game? Because all I did was list suspects and follow through on what I thought of them. How nefarious of me.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #151
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lottie: you should check my post #112 for a fuller discussion of that issue.

To put it short: it is the odd, standing-out and out of the blue "Something there?" in a list post (first post) by Greenie, followed by a vote with excuses that makes it look seerish - not the vote post you refer to - that makes the scenario likely.
Quote:
Now that is something that stands apart from Greenie's first post which has comments on all the players. Now the formula of making a list on the very first post is among other things a seerish thing to do: if I'm dead the next Day you can go back to my first post and find my dream from there.

Clearly Greenie wasn't the seer, but that first post alone might have alarmed the wolves if Sally is a wolf. And well, she also voted Sally...

Although, her vote comes with a lot of second-guessing: So if Sally is a wolf they are pretty nervous - and so even the way Greenie framed her vote in all this "don't feel comfortable" and "flimsy reasoning for a vote, but better than nothing" has been interpreted by them as a seer trying to cover her knowledge.
Okay. There's your post #112 (the relevant bits, anyway). Making a list is Seerish? Enough to get her killed? I don't think so. Anyway, if she were making a Seer List Post, I think she'd have committed more than just "Something there?". Something there says to me, "That caught my eye. Better watch her" not "SHE'S A WOLF I DReAMED IT". And a Seer trying to cover her knowledge? Right. So what you're saying is, "I know it doesn't look like she looked like a Seer but the wolves thought she was a Seer BECAUSE she didn't look like a Seer you know what I'm saying" and I really do think you're trying to frame Sally at this point, because this is just too weak an argument, especially from you. So...

++Nog
Old 06-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #152
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Copper -> Sally
Boro -> Lottie (1)
Kath -> Kitanna (1)
Lommy -> Sally
Nog -> Sally (3)
Kitanna -> Nog
Lottie -> Nog (2)

Left to vote: Sally, Nerwen, and Shasta.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #153
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Dark-Eye Guys....

I am beyond exhausted today. I doubt I'll completely catch up with the thread, but I'll do what I can. Hopefully I'll be back soon. *twitches*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #154
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Alright. From what little I've been able to read, I'm seeing Nogrod saying there's a connection between Kitanna and Sally and Kit defending herself.

Sally is in the lead with three votes. However, I knew she wasn't going to be around today and I don't have time at the moment to delve into why there are votes on her. Kit I remember being a bit suspicious of yesterday, and voting her will tie her with Nog for second.

Reasoning - I don't want to vote Nogrod because I haven't been able to read about him at all, and I don't want to vote for Sally for the same reason (plus lynching her on a day she was going to be gone feels a bit opportunistic). The only one of the three current candidates I can in good conscience vote for is Kitanna.

++Kitanna

I'll be much more active toMorrow, should I be alive. Good luck, village.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #155
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Here and reading. Sorry I haven't been around. (Have been at a casting call.)
Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #156
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Nog

Between pushing Kit so much (as I mentioned briefly yesterDay and hope to elaborate on more toMorrow if I'm still around) and the oddness of his posts, he's the best choice. I won't deny there's an element of self-preservation as well, but he's also the best suspect on such a quick and sleepy reading.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #157
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The sun-filled sky high above was beautiful, and the sun reflecting off the white mountain snowcaps was breathtaking, but the thoughts of the people in the only man-made structure for a hundred miles were elsewhere. Debate had followed debate, accusations were made and countered. The end of the day found Nogrod to be the choice the majority of the group most feared. He was forced into RADAGAST, and button was pressed, and all crowded around to see the result.
Looking at them with what almost seemed an exasperated expression, was a badger.

The "Living"
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Loslote
Kitanna
Lommy
Shasta
Kath
Boro

The "Dead"
Professor Inzil
Legate (Ordo)
Greenie (Ordo)
Nogrod (Ordo)

IT IS NIGHT 3,

Dreamer, Guardian, and Moviephile activities may commence.

Last edited by Inziladun; 06-03-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #158
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
This is a mess and I have no idea, really, plus my connection keeps going out.

++Nog
Really not sure, but I believe the whole Sally thing could be a frame, and if so...

Edit:x'd with Sally and DL.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #159
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
As Loslote lay down for sleep, tired and discouraged at the lack of progress in finding those bent on exercising their mischievous will on the others, she absent-mindedly took out a box of her favorite breath mints and shook a few out. As she popped them into her mouth, she had no memory of having that box out earlier at dinner, and she had not seen someone casually shaking into it a drop or two from a small vial. Before she knew what was happening, Loslote fell victim to an unnatural slumber.
When she was found the following morning, her companions sadly shook their heads. There was nothing to do but leave her as she was, and hope for the best.

The "Living"
Nerwen
Sally
Coppermirror
Kitanna
Lommy
Shasta
Kath
Boro

The "Dead"
Professor Inzil
Legate (Ordo)
Greenie (Ordo)
Nogrod (Ordo)
Loslote (Ordo)

IT IS DAY 3.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #160
Kitanna
Child of the West

I put a lot of thought into this and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die today given how horribly, horribly wrong I was about Nog. And I would very much like to do that on my terms.

That said. I really thought Nog was guilty. I really hoped it was true because I really wanted to be attacked in the night and get two wolves by today. That didn't happen. So I'm proposing two options for today.

1) Everyone vote for me. I take down a random voter in the event of my death, there's a chance I could bring down a wolf when I do.
The downside to this plan is that I could also bring down the ranger or the seer. So it's very risky, seeing as the village has been lucky enough to have both still alive.

2) For those who believe me when I say I'm the maniac, you let me survive as a known innocent.
The downside to this is I have a terrible track record this game of catching a wolf. So, yes you have a known innocent that the wolves wouldn't off in the night, but the best I can do as a known innocent is offer an opinion that may or may not lead to a wolf.

For those who think I am just a wolf false revealing and I am lynched today, well I suppose option one still stands. And if a wolf false reveals and is believed over me then at least the village gets a wolf tomorrow.

I don't want to be killed without giving the village the option of believing me and deciding if I'm a better asset alive or dead. It is 5-3. I obviously can't take down myself when I die, so it's really 4-3. The odds of me getting a wolf randomly aren't too much worse than me getting an innocent, bur again two of those four are gifted. Do with this information as you chose.

I am about to shut down for the night, but I will end with my suspicions.

I was wrong about Nog, so I'm probably wrong about Sally. Before I saw Lottie was dead I thought she could well be a wolf too, but once again, terribly wrong.

I think Lommy is a wolf, a wolf latching onto Nog, buddying up to him. I'll have to reread D2's posts to be sure, but I feel like she's a wolf.

Sally, I am always wrong about Sally. I still think the frame job could be possible, but since Nog died innocent I think it is way more likely Sally is a wolf.

I'm a bit torn on the last possible wolf.

There's been some off putting things I've seen of both Boro and Cop. I have no real read on Nerwen, Kath, or Shasta. Based on Shasta's vote yesterday I think he may be innocent, but once again I'll be looking over it before work tomorrow.