The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2002, 01:40 AM   #1
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Vala has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Characters/ who would you be?

if you were anybody in middle earth who would you be. any character even not in the stories of tolkien. but a person or thing that had any adventures in the wild or in a major city.
I wish I knew who I really am. but in side myself I hide. waiting for the day when my true love comes to take me away. but even then do I realize I am not me. but i hope through time you will learn to love me. Valamara
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 01:43 AM   #2
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

i was not in the story. but i know what happend out side also the characters. i have had many dreams of the past thriugh tolkiens point of vew. when someone wants to know more about my story. please reply this messege.
your friend,
Vala
I wish I knew who I really am. but in side myself I hide. waiting for the day when my true love comes to take me away. but even then do I realize I am not me. but i hope through time you will learn to love me. Valamara
Old 08-03-2002, 07:17 AM   #3
Anunia
Haunting Spirit

Anunia has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hmmm... I think I would be Eowyn. I have exactly the same peosonality like hers...

But I'd like to be Aragorn or Frodo (even though they're mens...)

Dream the impossible, because dreams do come true.
Anunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 07:42 AM   #4
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dūm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
i'd be bill the pony, or any other miserable little pony. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2002, 07:46 AM   #5
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Anyone female. I really don't care, as long as I'm not evil, i.e. Shelob. I think being Shelob would suuuuck.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 01:11 PM   #6
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

I'd think I'd be Ewoyn. Seeing that we're alot alike, not fitting within girl stereo types and so on.
If I was not in the story I'd probably be a hobbit. I had a dream last night that I was a added character in the movie. I was a hobbit and I had a crush on Frodo. (I actually love Elijah Wood.) We flirted when ever we were together, until he went to Mt. Doom.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:59 PM   #7
Mrs. Frodo Baggins
Pile O'Bones

Mrs. Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo or Merry, maybe even Bilbo.
Movie version Arwen, perhaps.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:05 PM   #8
Aldagrim Proudfoot
Shade of Carn Dūm

Aldagrim Proudfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I would definately be a hobbit. I don't know if I would be a hobbit in the stories, but I would be a hobbit.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:13 PM   #9
ElfEarz
Animated Skeleton

ElfEarz has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

ummm wow thats sooooo hard. in the movie it'd probably Legolas or maybe frodo or sam. so difficult! ummmm out of the movie it would be my rp character that i made up (she's so awesome) thats really hard though
Old 08-04-2002, 02:02 AM   #10
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

I'd probably want to be Eowyn just because I can relate to her the most and shes different then the typical female is thought to be. Or even the movie version of Arwen because she is tough and there is still that strong love in her.
I always thought though, that it would be cool to be a female elf that falls in love with a hobbit. Or even the child of an elf and hobbit. I'm thinkin that would be pretty interesting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 03:33 AM   #11
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dūm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

If I were someone in the books/movie, I'd probably be Eowyn, because I can relate to her more than the other characters. If I were a character I made up, then go see my RPG to see who I'd be.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
suicidal elf chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 06:30 AM   #12
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am Alkanoonion of Alqualonde, my ship it was that carried Feanor across the sea and was later destroyed. In that sad hour was I slain, I refused to depart so now I haunt this barrow in sorrow for the loss of my ship. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2002, 11:31 PM   #13
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

it seems Eowyn wins this round. but a character is someone who you can love and cherish and love through their adventures.
the character i have come to love is a girl named Wenecile. she is half hobbit half elf. she has been my friend from the begaining of my trubles in life. and she will help me find my true self.
if you would like to know mor about here reply this messege.*)
Old 08-06-2002, 04:24 AM   #14
Lady_Bįin
Wight

Lady_Bįin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i would be the love child of galadriel and gimli.half elf half dvarf, the perfect combination though i would look like a normal human.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:26 AM   #15
Morima
Haunting Spirit

Morima has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morima Send a message via MSN to Morima
White-Hand

EWWW!!! And poor poor Celeborn! Beaten by a little dwarf after thousands of years of marriage... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]! Anyways, I wonder what you would look like then! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, probably human-like.

Even though I'm i girl, I'd like to be Saruman. I would never use the palantķr or ruined the Isengard-garden. That garden must have been so beautiful! And living in Orthanc; that's so cool. And it's very, like, in-the-middle of Middle-Earth. Right in the Gap of Rohan with Shire on the one side, Lórien and Fangorn on the other and neighbouring Gondor and Rohan. Yeah, I could have lived there. But I would have been lonely, I guess... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: Morima ]

Aki Benetah.
Morima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 03:01 PM   #16
The-Elf-Herself
Haunting Spirit

The-Elf-Herself has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooooh, from the book/movie..hmmm...does the Sil count? If so, I'd definitely be Elwing. I love the fact that she could turn into a bird, and learn their language(I'm a bird freak [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). If it's limited to LOTR, then I'd be Legolas(yeah yeah I'm a girl, but still..). If it's a made-up character than I'd be my RPG character: an elven scout out of Mithlond. She travels under aliases, loves solitude or the company of bird and beast, serves others only because of an oath, has NO intentions of falling in love and has NO royal connections. Furthermore, there is nothing improper about her career, as she is descended from a line of scouts/travelers.

[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: The-Elf-Herself ]
Old 08-06-2002, 03:39 PM   #17
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

I would be myself. A red-headed lady elf-warrior.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:28 AM   #18
Samwise_Gamgee
Haunting Spirit

Samwise_Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I would be Samwise (and yes to all of you I am a guy)...I like him, he's tough but has a good heart, loyal, trustworthy, I say simply the best cook! Good gardener too....nice to have that all jammed packed in such a little hobbit, eh? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2002, 09:35 PM   #19
The Green Ringwraith
Haunting Spirit

Location: On the edge of the world I'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home.
The Green Ringwraith has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Green Ringwraith Send a message via AIM to The Green Ringwraith
Sting

I would definatly be Pippin. I am NOT saying this just because I am totally in love with that cute little hobbit, buuuuuut ANYWAYs... my friends say I'm just like him: stupid, outspokem, hilarious, troublemaker, of Scottish descent
Old 08-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #20
Wandering but not lost
Pile O'Bones

Wandering but not lost has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would be an elf that appears in the backround of the film once and not at all in the book...
Old 08-10-2002, 12:57 PM   #21
Ms. Took
Haunting Spirit

Ms. Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ms. Took
Sting

I'd be pippin too. My friends always tell me that i'm just like him. Besides he's my favorite character
Ms. Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 02:18 PM   #22
randycarrot
Pile O'Bones

randycarrot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Even though i am a girl i would be Aragorn. I would also want to be Eowyn or an Elf...
randycarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 11:53 PM   #23
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

GIMLI!!!!! Who else?!? GIMLI!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2002, 06:18 AM   #24
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In LotR, I think I would like to be Eowyn.
In the Silm, then probably Luthien, seriously!

But, I just think I'd rather be ME! I am Ainu Alassė, an elf from the realm of Lindon. I am a warrior, born of generations of warriors.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 08:48 AM   #25
Telephirion
Pile O'Bones

Telephirion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In my opinion, things turn out best for Aragorn. He goes through some very tough and trying times, but at least at the end he's king of mortal men with Arwen as his queen. Not bad at all... Legolas does well himself. Being any elf at all wouldn't be bad, because after all you have the promise of eternal bliss in the Undying Lands once you tire of Middle-earth.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:09 AM   #26
Morampaiel

Sting

I would probably be either Pippin or Merry because I'm not really that bright but I have some really close friends that I stick with through thick and thin and I'm brave but not all that strong.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:11 AM   #27
Morampaiel

Sting

Or maybe I would be an elf from Rivendell
Old 08-12-2002, 12:28 AM   #28
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

you all have great choices. and to tell you the truth i aprove of all of them.

i am a hobbit/elf from mirkwood. it seems imposible. but it is not. i was kept from the records of mix breeds. i will tell a lot more in time just beleive me.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:12 PM   #29
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

If I were someone from the book/movie I would probally want to be Eowyn. But, if I was not some caracter that Tolkin created, I would be Galadel Vinorel, second daughter of Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn of the Golden Wood. For, that is who I am in my dreams.

-----------

"Aure entuluva! Day shall come again." -Hurin
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 01:19 PM   #30
Frodo_Baggins

Sting

I'd either be Frodo, Aragorn or even maybe Legolas. I'm not too sure
Old 08-16-2002, 11:38 AM   #31
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hmmmm, i'd either be Varda Elentįri the Star Queen or i would be an elf warrior [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2002, 02:18 PM   #32
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I would be Elrond because Elrond is the maaaannnnnnnnnnnnn.......uh, elf.

Or maybe I'd like to be Beren because, well I think the attraction of being Beren is quite obvious. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2002, 03:55 PM   #33
Luinėcolloien
Animated Skeleton

Luinėcolloien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinėcolloien
Silmaril

Well as far as looks go, Galadriel. I have been told that is is strange how much i reemble her in a odd way....im so proud! *blushes* ha, ha. But as far as personality, maybe Arwen, or Eowyn, or maybe Pippin.. i know it doesn't make sense...i have my crazy, funny, side(pippin) and my calm, wiser side...(Arwen perhaps.)
Luinėcolloien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 05:30 PM   #34
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

*Sighs with relief that no Legolas teeny-boppers came in and said "I'LL BE LEGOLAS'S WIFE!!!!!"*

He's my favorite character, but...gotta stick with the story.

I would be...a random Elf Maiden in the background with a fairly normal Elf Maiden life. No Mary-Sue'ing for me.

And I would like to eventually wed for love, no matter what the race was: Human, Elf, Hobbit, Dwarf, whatever: just so long as I was in love. If they were mortal, then I would wish to die when they died.

EDIT: You look like Galadriel too? Me too! I'm going to be Galadriel for Halloween actually: just put on my long white gown with the veily jacket that comes with it, my white flat sandals, my moonstones, and get me some ears, and I am Galadriel!

[ September 01, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 09-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #35
Faxon Spear
Pile O'Bones

Faxon Spear has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If I was Legolas I would have thousands women mooning after me, which I would have no objection to [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] but I think would be Faramir
Old 09-01-2002, 07:12 PM   #36
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Vala- I would love to hear more about your charicter.

As for me I would love to be Rose Cotton. She's a hobbit and she gets to marry Sam. Though I don't know if I'm alot like her. If you read any of the RPGs im in I always make her more of an adventurer. So I think I'd be a kind of hobbit version of Eowyn. If that makes scence at all.
Old 09-05-2002, 04:56 PM   #37
Elven Mistress
Wight

Elven Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That's easy - i would be the hobbit girl that one day marrys Pippin!
Old 09-05-2002, 05:14 PM   #38
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hmmm....I think I would be an Elf or a Hobbit. Not a certain one from the story. Just some one in ME around the time of the War of the Ring.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:42 AM   #39
login

Silmaril

I would have to be Elrond. He is a great character.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:43 PM   #40
Lilly Loamsdown
Pile O'Bones

Lilly Loamsdown has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll be realistic and go with my personality which is like a weird mix of Feanaro and Pippin.
My personality alternates between the two.
Do you think if there was a dictionary back then Feanaro would have enjoyed reading it in his spare time.
One time my momasked what kind of vegtables we should buy and I told her Ketchup.
I love mushrooms!!!
Though according to my step brother I'm Morgoth.