The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #14041
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
The pillars of Medusel were in fact purely decorative, the roof was only kept in place by a few select Rohiric men, with some exceptionally sturdy spears.

or

Legolas was rather miffed that nobody had noticed the fur lining on his fab new shoes.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #14042
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aragorn starts chanting while Legolas links arms with Gandalf and Gimli to start dancing the can-can.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #14043
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Aragorn stood frozen unable to move as he was shunned by his former friends, and the hopes and dreams of his kin came tumbling down around him. The realisation that he was a rotten branch on the family-tree of Elendil, was more than he could bear! Of all the 15 previous chieftains of the Dunedain, never had anyone been seen in such poor resolution and so low pixelation.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #14044
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Despite wishing to be the flower girl, Legolas is forced into giving the blushing bride away.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #14045
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Grima: Mawwiage! Mawwiage is whot bwings us togevhah today!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #14046
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Gimli ruins the perfect symmetry with his height.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #14047
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
"What did Wormtongue mean, 'dress code'?

Saruman's hanging out in the Uruk-hai locker room was starting to get weird.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #14048
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Yes, I will finally win the ultimate frisbee tournament! I can't lose with you on my team!"
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #14049
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
And now, ladies and gentlemen, Sir Christopher Lee and maestro von Lurtz shall sing the duet of Wotan and Alberich from Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #14050
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Sadly, in keeping with the new Mordor policy when orcs get concussions, Saruman is forced to tell Lurtz he cannot join in the attack on Boromir and the Fellowship.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #14051
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
After Superman and Spiderman failed, Saruman bids the new superhero to pass through the Stargate behind him, and fight the evil that lurks on the other side and save the universe.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #14052
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
"I will fight no one until the photo is changed."

Aragorn introduces the Rohirrim to the advanced training regimen of the Northern Dúnedain.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #14053
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
As a sign of Shakespearian quote obsession, I glanced at this and saw "I'll fight till from my bones my flesh be hacked", which fits surprisingly well with the new picture.

Aragorn: I'll be the first one to the cake!

~~~

Legolas mirrors Aragorn's dance moves.

~~~

Aragorn yells and Legolas shuts his eyes, as both seem to find the floor extremely terrifying.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #14054
Kitanna
Child of the West

"Pippin, you look faaaaaaaaaabulous!"
Old 03-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #14055
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

Aragorn introduces the Rohirrim to the advanced training regimen of the Northern Dúnedain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8QA...e_gdata_player
This was the less advanced course

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #14056
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Aragorn: The walls...
Legolas: Don't just stand there try to brace it with something!
Aragorn: Wait... which movie franchise is this?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #14057
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dűm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
I'd chime in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a godd*mned door?!"
Old 04-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #14058
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

"Right, Legolas. Fly over mountains and fetch another pic to save us."

You can thank Rune for this one.

"Look sir. Droids!"
Old 04-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #14059
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

For the previous one (can't believe I haven't played out this theme yet):

"Pippin! Don't you know to lock the bathroomm door?!"

Aragorn and Legolas burst into the bathroom stall and find a certain uncloaked persona.

For the current one:

"Now, camels, before you get to the Eye, we'll practice getting through the Ring..."

"Thag you very buch," said Frodo to the dentist after his wisdom teeth got removed.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #14060
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

"Hey! The inscription says 'made in Bree'! Sam kept the real one!"

Last edited by Inziladun; 04-10-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #14061
Lotrelf
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lotrelf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

What to do in this? Do I have to caption the pic that is JUST posted? Who's that, by the way? To me looks Sam.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:18 AM   #14062
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"No, Sam, that's a Hula Hoop," said Frodo.

Lotrelf - yes, you're right about the caption.

Actually, now not sure about my own caption ... not sure if that is Frodo or Sam. It's from the Rankin-Bass 'Return Of The King,' but I can't tell for sure which hobbit it is.

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 04-13-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #14063
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotrelf View Post
What to do in this? Do I have to caption the pic that is JUST posted? Who's that, by the way? To me looks Sam.
Yes, the latest pic is generally used, so people know which one you're talking about.

And that's Frodo, of course! Sam's face is wider, and his nose is larger, unlikely though that seems.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #14064
Lotrelf
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

Quote:
Yes, the latest pic is generally used, so people know which one you're talking about.

And that's Frodo, of course! Sam's face is wider, and his nose is larger, unlikely though that seems.
Thanks. Frodo isn't supposed to be that fat, isn't it? In the books he isn't fat. This Hobbit gives me look of Samwise instead of Frodo.
Pervinca, your caption's cool. I wonder how is mine. Idiotic, I guess!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #14065
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, Frodo is described by Gandalf as "a stout little fellow with red cheeks," but he wasn't stout by the time he got to Rivendell, and he'd have been pretty darned thin by the time he reached Mordor.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #14066
Lotrelf
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Well, Frodo is described by Gandalf as "a stout little fellow with red cheeks," but he wasn't stout by the time he got to Rivendell, and he'd have been pretty darned thin by the time he reached Mordor.
He's said to be "Taller than some", and that gives me impression that he wasn't fat. No one mentions so.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #14067
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Frodo: When Bilbo found this shiny ring in Gollum's cave of gloom, I did not know that it would turn into a ring of Doom!

Or...

Frodo: Yes, I am the Bearer of the Ring, and in a few moments I will be the Wearer of the Ring! The Darer of the Ring! Lately I've been the Carer of the Ring. Rest assured I will never be the Sharer of the Ring!

Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #14068
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That's a good'un, Oddwen!

"A most interesting specimen," said Frodo, inspecting the Neekerbreeker he had just trapped in the magnifying glass.

(OK, that one was a bit lame.)
Old 04-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #14069
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Frodo the Lawyer grins in triumph, having found the Ring's fine print, Use of this object may be Hobbit-forming.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #14070
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

The Eye Labored joke of the day...

Frodo hatches his evil scheme: To slowly poison the offspring of the big-people with huge quantities of sugar, by feeding them his latest invention 'The Froot Loop'.

or

Frodo always had an affinity for careless handling of jewellery.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #14071
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

"Watch me reach in here and pull out a new pic!"

The White Council's new closing game of Spin the Dagger was not to Galadriel's liking.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #14072
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

"This is the worst party ever," thought Gandalf to himself. "I should invite myself to one at Bag End..."

Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #14073
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

None of the guests seemed to appreciate Elrond's brand new gorgeous sunset-and-statues wall murals.

The White Council continued soundly on as a bunch of Elvish women were strangled silently in the background.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:53 AM   #14074
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Elrond is speechless when he discovers Gandalf "I was only trying to help" the grey, had tried to make up for cleaning his sword with the best table cloth by boilwashing it.

It was a wedding present from his mother in law.

She wove it herself.

From her hair...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #14075
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Gandalf: Parties like this are why I didn't want to be a wizard. I wanted to be a rock star!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #14076
Kitanna
Child of the West

Elrond and Galadriel try to think of a why to punish Gandalf for playing with swords...again
Old 08-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #14077
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

As Gandalf bows out after only managing 34 Elvish pancakes, Elrond and Galadriel prepare to fight over who gets the bigger half of the last one.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #14078
FerniesApple
Haunting Spirit

FerniesApple has just left Hobbiton.
Elrond: This bloody black background on this Morgul blade is giving me a headache!
Gandalf: Can you read it?
Elrond: I need some light in here, its all gone teal/orange. *squints*
Galadriel: well it will be Dawn soon, for no particular reason, just wait a few minutes.
Elrond: *sigh*
FerniesApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #14079
FerniesApple
Haunting Spirit

FerniesApple has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRumil View Post
Caption this!
Legolas: '' He showed me his Shard of Narsil. its tiny! ''
Blonde Elf: *thinks* ''I get to hammer it later, it wont be tiny after I have finished with it'.
FerniesApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #14080
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Gangsta Legolas signs for the Mirkwood Krew.

Last edited by Inziladun; 08-20-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote