The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #401
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

By the way- those of you against Hakon, what do you think he is? Villain, Bear, or Cobbler? From my point of view if he's anything bad he'd be the Bear, because I seem to recall him making more than his share of Bear accusations (if he's looking for the Bear, he can't possibly be the Bear, etc, you know the drill). His reactions to the other stuff don't seem very Villainous, nor does he scream Cobbler.

I think there are worse choices than Hakon, but he's under Day 1 noob protection currently. But if it comes down to him and Pitchwife... I've never played with either of them. *sigh* I suppose I could always cast a Fea vote and make myself look terribly suspicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Not surprisingly, you think too highly of yourself and your impact on others.
Not surprisingly you like to believe that what I say isn't true.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #402
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
That settles it for me. Shasta is a wolf-voting machine (he votes for wolves even when he doesn'twant to). I don't agree with his reasons, but as I have reasons of my own and Shasta is psychic (and therefore doesn't need reasons) I'm pretty much sure Pitchwife gets my vote.
Oh, um, er... you were following last game, were you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Is that seriously your reasoning for voting Pitchwife? Other people displayed that same exact attitude far more than he did, so I have trouble believing that's your criteria.
Phantom, did you completely miss the part where I said "I have six pages to read"?

Anyway, I think I'm all caught up now, though I probably did skim a bit due to wanting to get caught up.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #403
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ah, see, I did skim a bit, missed this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Not surprisingly, you think too highly of yourself and your impact on others. You can check my track-record on this sort of thing if you want to look through games. Doesn't matter what I am, I have standards.
My heroine!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 08-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #404
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oh, Shasta... *sigh* I said I wanted you to come back, but does it have to be like this?

I agree with Form to keep morm, Rikae and tp around for a little longer and give 'em enough rope. I suspect morm somewhat, but need more to go on. Same for Sally.
Rikae's starting the suspicion against me irks me somewhat (not that it hasn't happened to me before - remember I was lynched on Day 2 my last time around), but that's not enough for me to suspect her in turn. What worries me a little more is a vague notion that her asking for everybody's general feelings earlier looks like an attempt to catch somebody acting contrary to the feelings they had before, for whatever reeson...

So out of my 4 candidates, that leaves alona and autume. Not comfortable with voting for either, I must say.

(x-ed with lots)
Old 08-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #405
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Hi I am here. Sorry I haven't been around but I could only get away with reading a little at school. I am now home (we stopped at a shelter and looked at a kitty we get to pick up on Sunday!) and have read through.

My reasoning for saying we should vote Fea would be that only one person dies today instead of two considering we are most likely going to loose two people tonight. I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to lynch a baddie but the odds are greatly against us.

I'm thinking that Hakon doesn't look like a baddie and the people who locked in their votes for him are making me the most suspicious right now.

I should be around until deadline so I won't need to make my decision right now.

Edit: x-ed with Pitchwife

Last edited by Nienna; 08-13-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: x-ed with Pitchwife
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #406
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E
Phantom, did you completely miss the part where I said "I have six pages to read"?
Yes I did, laddie.

And since that is the case, I can only say- Hurry up, you slacker!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #407
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Let's throw something new in here:

++Alonariel

Didn't post any substance apart from her vote post (266), which, apart from fueling the then-fresh Hakon-waggon, is very agreeing and vague.

Last edited by Macalaure; 08-13-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: crossed with Pitchwife and a few others
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #408
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
I suppose I could always cast a Fea vote and make myself look terribly suspicious.
phantom darling, you're one of those "suspicious until proven guilty/innocent" types. You're not demonstrably anything until you're dead and your role's come out.

Don't worry, we love you anyway.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #409
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Wow, you sound like Fea. If I hadn't seen your name next to that I would've thought she was playing again.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #410
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Wow, you sound like Fea. If I hadn't seen your name next to that I would've thought she was playing again.
No, sorry... I'm afraid I've just got entirely too familiar with familiar forms of address this summer--I blame the English novels--and somehow, online, everyone seems somewhat flirt-worthy.

It'd be an interesting game, though, wouldn't it, if I were to try and play ala Fea.

I couldn't do it--I'd break down about two posts into Day 2 and turn back into a pumpkin.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #411
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I've got to run. I'll try my best to pop in from time to time, but I have a heavy task in front of me. I won't forget to vote of course. Cheers!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #412
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And really just because I haven't had time to do this yet. The narration is ready to be analyzed.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #413
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And Brinn is the biggest of all the people... not sure what that says if anything... just mentioning.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #414
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
phantom darling, you're one of those "suspicious until proven guilty/innocent" types. You're not demonstrably anything until you're dead and your role's come out.
Hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Don't worry, we love you anyway.
I was under the impression he only had fan-girls, and that they were pretty quiet or non-existant this game. I guess I was wrong.

It's way too hard to be 'productive' in this game.

++Nessa

Her posts #151, 154, and 159 are particularly unnerving. Maybe it's just that I disagree with her plain and simply, and that her personality rubs me the wrong way (which of course I kinda how I feel about Hakon... >_>). Basically she seems to be trying very hard to be agreeable and to discuss *something* and ends up commentating on the situation and making really weird generalizations about Day 1 and voting.

But one more musical number out of phantom and he's getting my vote the rest of the game.

Last edited by Durelin; 08-13-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: confounded new-fangled ideas
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #415
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Highlight your vote Durelin...I gotta be a stickler.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-13-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #416
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
OK, I've already staid awake much longer than I should. Time to vote.
I hate to vote a fellow newbie on Day 1, but for reasons given above, it's either alona and autume. Can't really make up my mind, but -
Oh, well.
++alonariel
for what Mac said. Sorry if I'm wrong.

And Rikae, please be indecisive some more. If you really are.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #417
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Not sure what to think about whats been happening. Nienna is seeming slightly more innocent. But not much more than before.

Votes!

Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon
--Rikae---Rikae
--Form---Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona

So Hakon 4. Alona 2. Morm, Nessa, and, Pitchwife 1.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #418
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mac, hm, I can't really see the suspiciousness of that post. It looks like best-friends-with-Lari-ishness followed by a sort of placeholder vote - plus, alona won't be around to defend herself until later, as she said. Nah, on second thought, I'd better vote for someone else.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #419
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Dury's points about Nessa are good, too, and make me more inclined to vote her (Nessa).
Old 08-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #420
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I am off for a little, will hopefully be back before deadline(as in stealing a computer). I don't see where the Alona suspicion is coming from, but Mac's ideas seem innocent enough.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #421
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I agree that Mac's vote for Alona seems fine while Pitchwife's seems a little desperate to join a bandwagon. I'm still trying to find out how he narrowed it down to Tum and Alona... but that worries me a bit.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #422
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
This is a lot of bloody posts for a Day 1. I suppose in a way that's good, but nearly the first two pages were posts of banter and backwards/upside down/unintelligible characters.

Rather than make lists of my impressions of eveyone, I'll zero in on what I find noteworthy at the moment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about the Hakon bandwagon. He's acted oddly, sure. The piling on seems wrong though.

The push for Alon sure came out of nowhere. If you just don't want to hop on the Hakon train, there must be a better option somewhere.

I've pretty much agreed with tp, until he started the 'vote Fea if you can't think of anyone else' idea. I don't see that as helpful, at least not to innocents. Which leads me to....

Rikae. I'd already thought her argument with tp about his comments to the Bear overblown. She was initially against him regarding Fea.

Quote:
I'd generally advocate voting for the doomed player to prolong the game and allow more time for discussion on which to base our lynches, but in this case, it seems like a bad idea. The baddies have two kills per night (unless Fea is the werebear!) so delay is going to set us back more. We need to try and get the number of Night kills down asap, and we won't do that by lynching Fea.
But then:

Quote:
Hmm... you know, you have a point there, phantom. On second thought, I believe you're right - lynching Fea may be our safest option. I'm not going to cast my vote just yet, but Fea is worth considering.
All right. Swayed by tp: it's happened to many, no doubt. However.....

Quote:
However, come to think of it, Brinn and Nienna are also rather suspicious for the Fea-voting talk - I would say Nienna more than Brinn, since she's more low-key about it, as if trying to avoid drawing attention to herself. Interesting that Boro found Brinn suspicious for this, but not Nienna.
Then she tries to make a case on Pitchwife.

Quote:
There's something about Pitchwife... I read his posts and find myself nodding my head, going "at least someone is making some sense"... but in my past experience, posts like that usually came from wolves. Perhaps it's because of the wolfish tendency to be non-controversial and so on...
So he's suspicious because he makes sense and doesn't cause controversy?

Quote:
My indecisiveness is really getting out of hand lately - just look at the last game I played. I guess it comes of living with a Libra - it's contagious.
Oh. Well I'm a Libra myself, as it happens. I won't say this is written in stone at the moment, but unless some momentous event occurs:

++ Rikae
Old 08-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #423
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Inzil, before accusing me based on inconsistency re: voting for Fea, look again at the post where I advocate it and read as if you were reading Nerwen - or, more specifically, the part at the top.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #424
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Since Lari has departed:

Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon
--Rikae---Rikae
--Form---Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona
Zil --> Rikae

So Hakon 4. Alona 2. Rikae, Morm, Nessa, and, Pitchwife 1.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #425
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I agree that Mac's vote for Alona seems fine while Pitchwife's seems a little desperate to join a bandwagon. I'm still trying to find out how he narrowed it down to Tum and Alona... but that worries me a bit.
I haven't 'narrowed it down' if you mean I have better reeson to suspect them than morm and sally. It's just that I think morm is more useful to keep around if innocent, and sally - I don't know, I'd just like to hear more of her. But I'm a lousy Day 1 voter anyway.
Of course, if I retract now, it'll look like I'm desperate to fend off the bandwagoning accusation. So what am I supposed to do?
Nevertheless, on further consideration...
--alonariel
++satansaloser2005
Third on the wagon, and hers definitely not a placeholder vote. There.

And that's it for now. Good night everybody. Hope to see most of you in the Morning.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #426
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon
--Rikae---Rikae
--Form---Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona
Zil --> Rikae
--Pitchwife -- Alona
Pitchwife --> Sally

So Hakon 4. Alona, Sally, Rikae, Morm, Nessa, and, Pitchwife 1.

Edit: Itallics means Locked In vote

Last edited by Nienna; 08-13-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Itallics
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #427
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Also to Inzil: As for the wolfishness of not causing controversy, yeah, that's pretty well known wolf lore. Wolves don't care who is lynched, as long as none of their fellows are threatened - they just want to survive. Innocents should want to actually hunt down the wolves, and that means making some waves, not stating the obvious.

Trap 1. I thought tp had to be advocating the Fea lynch as a wolf-trap. The last line of his post especially made me think he was suggesting it as a safe vote so that wolves would incriminate themselves. I went along with that, but wanted him to know I wasn't serious, hence the "trap" bit. Nienna and Brinn looked like possible victims of the trap.

Pitchwife
is really starting to look jumpy, while explaining that he knows he looks jumpy... heh. Methinks the laddie doth protest too much.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #428
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Can I just say that I hate the "voting to keep around someone more useful" reason for voting? It's the main reason I got into it with Nogrod two games ago - it's basically a slap in the face to someone who may not have been able to participate, etc.

Also, Pitchwife backs off his alona vote when pressed? Interesting. My vote stands, for now.

Edit: X'ed with Rikae.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #429
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm going to go with my gut feeling on this.

++Pitchwife
Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #430
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Alona: don't like her vote.

Anyway, this Hakon-waggon is getting out of hands. Who do you think we should put on the rails instead?
Because it came after morm's? I guess that does seem off, but then, I was accused of piggy-backing on your thoughts last game, Mac. Guess I better work on my originality some more, huh?

Quote:
By the way- those of you against Hakon, what do you think he is? Villain, Bear, or Cobbler?
I'm leaning towards either Cobbler or Bear, but again, it's Day 1, and it's largely a hunch. I will admit to being a little annoyed with Hakon early on, but I still am getting vibes off his posts. I don't want to think it's all newbie mistakes... That said, I wouldn't discount autume, either. Are there any other newbies here, besides myself and the two I mentioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Let's throw something new in here:

++Alonariel

Didn't post any substance apart from her vote post (266), which, apart from fueling the then-fresh Hakon-waggon, is very agreeing and vague.
Sorry! I've been at work from 12 to 6 and have been playing catch up with all the posts. Is this payback for voting for you on Day 1 last game?

Quote:
Mac, hm, I can't really see the suspiciousness of that post. It looks like best-friends-with-Lari-ishness followed by a sort of placeholder vote - plus, alona won't be around to defend herself until later, as she said. Nah, on second thought, I'd better vote for someone else.
I don't know you that well (though I've heard great things from people!), but thank you for that.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #431
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ah, Pitchwife. I didn't think you voteworthy before, though your latching onto Alon for no real reason made me a bit uneasy. Now you've retracted just to appear less suspicious? *sigh*
Old 08-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #432
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Rikae --> Rikae
Form --> Mira
Morm --> Hakon
Alona --> Hakon
Sally --> Hakon
Brinn --> Morm
Autume --> Hakon
--Rikae --Rikae
--Form --Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona
Zil --> Rikae
--Pitchwife --Alona
Pitchwife --> Sally
Rikae --> Pitchwife
Nessa --> Rikae

So Hakon 4, Pitchwife 2, Rikae 2. Alona, Sally, Morm, and Nessa 1.

Last edited by alonariel; 08-13-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: X'd with Nienna and Nessa
alonariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #433
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Oh, wow, so many posts. @_@ Seems I have garnered a vote. I really must remember to congratulate myself. Late deadlines are always difficult for me, since I hit the hay pretty early, and must vote early, if I am to vote at all. ++Rikae If only for my dislike of how you seem to jump down everyone's throats. Night
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #434
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Rikae - Rikae (Rikae1)
Form - Mira (Rikae1, Mira1)
Morm - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon1)
Alona - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon2)
Sally - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon3)
Brinn - Morm (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon3, Morm1)
Autume - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon4, Morm1)
Rikae - --Rikae (Mira1, Hakon4, Morm1)
Form - --Mira (Hakon4, Morm1)
Shasta - Pitchwife (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1)
Mac - Alona (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona1)
Durelin - Nessa (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona1, Nessa1)
Pitchwife - Alona (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona2, Nessa1)
Zil - Rikae (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona2, Nessa1, Rikae1)
Pitchwife - --Alona, ++Sally (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona1, Nessa1, Rikae1, Sally1)
Rikae - Pitchwife (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife2, Alona1, Nessa1, Rikae1, Sally1)
Nessa - Rikae (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife2, Alona1, Nessa1, Rikae2, Sally1)

To vote: Fea, Form, Hakon, Lari, Lommy, Mac, Mira, Nerwen, Nienna, Phantom.

Noteworthy: Pitchwife seemed to freak a bit after suspicion turned to him and jumped on Mac's vote for alona, but why didn't he vote for Hakon if he were evil?

Edit: X'ed with Alona and Nessa, and added Nessa's vote.

Edit2: Removed Nessa from "To vote:" list.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #435
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Rikae --> Rikae
Form --> Mira
Morm --> Hakon
Alona --> Hakon
Sally --> Hakon
Brinn --> Morm
Autume --> Hakon
--Rikae --Rikae
--Form --Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona
Zil --> Rikae
--Pitchwife --Alona
Pitchwife --> Sally
Rikae --> Pitchwife

So Hakon 4, Pitchwife 2. Alona, Sally, Rikae, Morm, and Nessa 1.

Rikae's is locked in too :P FYI
Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #436
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Rikae's is locked in too :P FYI
I thought she retracted hers for herself.

*facepalm*
scratch that
Old 08-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #437
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Trap 1. I thought tp had to be advocating the Fea lynch as a wolf-trap. The last line of his post especially made me think he was suggesting it as a safe vote so that wolves would incriminate themselves. I went along with that, but wanted him to know I wasn't serious, hence the "trap" bit. Nienna and Brinn looked like possible victims of the trap.

Pitchwife
is really starting to look jumpy, while explaining that he knows he looks jumpy... heh. Methinks the laddie doth protest too much.
I've been watching Pitchwife since many were talking about him and I have noticed a few subtle cues that lead me to believe him suspicious. There was one thing in particular though I can't remember where and I'm a bit too lazy now to go find it, that made me wonder. Perhaps I'll go look after I post this.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #438
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Can I just say that I hate the "voting to keep around someone more useful" reason for voting? It's the main reason I got into it with Nogrod two games ago - it's basically a slap in the face to someone who may not have been able to participate, etc.

Also, Pitchwife backs off his alona vote when pressed? Interesting. My vote stands, for now.

Edit: X'ed with Rikae.
For some reason that has been a reason to keep people. Like the phantom. And at times they are useful and at times they are a wolf. But then they get lynched a few Days later.

I really want to have some more time to read through before voting and dinner calls.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-13-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: x-posted with morm
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #439
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Rikae - Rikae (Rikae1)
Form - Mira (Rikae1, Mira1)
Morm - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon1)
Alona - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon2)
Sally - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon3)
Brinn - Morm (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon3, Morm1)
Autume - Hakon (Rikae1, Mira1, Hakon4, Morm1)
Rikae - --Rikae (Mira1, Hakon4, Morm1)
Form - --Mira (Hakon4, Morm1)
Shasta - Pitchwife (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1)
Mac - Alona (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona1)
Durelin - Nessa (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona1, Nessa1)
Pitchwife - Alona (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona2, Nessa1)
Zil - Rikae (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona2, Nessa1, Rikae1)
Pitchwife - --Alona, ++Sally (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife1, Alona1, Nessa1, Rikae1, Sally1)
Rikae - Pitchwife (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife2, Alona1, Nessa1, Rikae1, Sally1)
Nessa - Rikae (Hakon4, Morm1, Pitchwife2, Alona1, Nessa1, Rikae2, Sally1)
All I wanted to say is that when I saw this it gave me some nostalgia. Wasn't it SpM that first came up with this format? Nice to see that it still sticks.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #440
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
All I wanted to say is that when I saw this it gave me some nostalgia. Wasn't it SpM that first came up with this format? Nice to see that it still sticks.
I don't remember, myself... but I think that format's been playing WW longer than I have. Which is saying something.

Hmm... I suppose it's time to vote. We're into the final hour, and there's no real point kicking around and waiting.

I'm off to take a last look at the promising bandwaggons list, and whatever posts are new, then to vote. Now's your chance to convince me of your pet cause, if you want to garner my vote. It's going for cheap tonight.