The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #441
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pitchwife has bounded up my list of suspects. As Shasta said, why didn't he pile on Hakon though? Unless he thought it was too obvious?
Hakon still has the lead.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #442
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I haven't 'narrowed it down' if you mean I have better reeson to suspect them than morm and sally. It's just that I think morm is more useful to keep around if innocent, and sally - I don't know, I'd just like to hear more of her. But I'm a lousy Day 1 voter anyway.
Of course, if I retract now, it'll look like I'm desperate to fend off the bandwagoning accusation. So what am I supposed to do?
Nevertheless, on further consideration...
--alonarie
++satansaloser2005
Third on the wagon, and hers definitely not a placeholder vote. There.

And that's it for now. Good night everybody. Hope to see most of you in the Morning.
Okay, this was the post. It really seemed padded. "Look what I'm doing I know will be questioned but I'm going to do it anyway so don't suspect me okay" This concerns me because by openly admitting that it will be suspicious and he does it anyway we naturally want to give him the pass.

However, with that said I reviewed a lot more of his posts looking for this one and besides this post there wasn't anything specific that caught my attention. It could be that I listened to others too much as these things go.

My suspects are Brinn, Hakon, Pitch and Rikae.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #443
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Wild-eye is an elvish-mark'd, abortive, rooting hog.

40 minutes people.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #444
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
Oh, wow, so many posts. @_@ Seems I have garnered a vote. I really must remember to congratulate myself. Late deadlines are always difficult for me, since I hit the hay pretty early, and must vote early, if I am to vote at all. ++Rikae If only for my dislike of how you seem to jump down everyone's throats. Night
You ain't seen nothing yet. You're in luck, though - unlike some, I base my votes on actual suspicion, not annoyance.
You have breezed through remarkably unhelpfully, though, and while it's probably too late to lynch you toDay, toMorrow I will make sure you receive the scrutiny you deserve.

Last edited by Rikae; 08-13-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: "breezed"
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #445
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wild-eye is an elvish-mark'd, abortive, rooting hog.

40 minutes people.
Now that is quite a picture.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #446
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Now that is quite a picture.
haha, gotta love Shakespearean insults...
Old 08-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #447
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Where are the 10 some odd people that still have to vote...?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #448
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

30 minutes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #449
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
*purrs over Shakespeare*

Well with deadline fast approaching I'm going to vote but I'll still be around until the end.

Pitchwife is being the most suspicious to me after his weird voting thing. Of everyone he seems the most baddie-like.

++Pitchwife
Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #450
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon
--Rikae---Rikae
--Form---Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona
Zil --> Rikae
--Pitchwife -- Alona
Pitchwife --> Sally
Rikae --> Pitchwife
Nessa --> Rikae
Nienna --> Pitchwife
Form --> Nessa

So Hakon 4, Pitchwife3, Rikae and Nessa 2. Alona, Sally, and Morm 1.

Last edited by Nienna; 08-13-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added Form's vote
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #451
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
The vote count, barring any cross-posting that may occur, as I make this decision is: Hakon 4, Pitchwife 2. Alona 1, Sally 1, Rikae 2, Morm 1, and Nessa 1.

My options, at this point, are twofold, if we discount No Voting--which I've already said I dislike. Option 1 is to add to an existing person's vote-count, which is to say one of the above. Or to add to that list by voting for someone new. Quite often, I choose the latter Day 1 strategy, but in the current, charged, atmosphere, I'm not sure that a random vote for Shasta, Lari, or Brinn is all that sporting--though Shasta has already displayed the knack of rubbing me wrong, probably because in suspecting Rikae, he's suspecting someone I think made sense today.

And, all things considered, I think I'd rather have a useful vote today. Starting a new bandwaggon isn't much help there, since that spreads the votes thinner. And as I have a hunch Hakon is innocent, I suppose that means I ought to be contributing to someone else who could possibly beat him.

Thing is, though, Rikae and Pitchwife are tied for second place, and Pitchwife really hasn't set my radar off any more than Rikae has. Admittedly, it's Day 1 and nobody's dead yet, but not setting my radar off is a good thing in a game where I told Boromir "but I don't really trust ANYBODY in this game" in the survey. As for the other four, Morm is on my don't kill list, because--yes--I think he can be useful. Sally's just fun, and I said I didn't want to kill her. As for the other two... well... I don't know that it's so much I want them alive as I don't see a pressing need to have them dead.

Nessa or Alona? It's bad form, perhaps, but they're almost the same person in my head... both played last game... Nessa was the wolf then, and Alona has the nicer avatar, but that's about all I can say to differentiate them.

Let's see... Rikae voted Nessa and Pitchwife voted Alona. Well, I guess I'd rather be wrong with Rikae than wrong with Pitchwife, and it's Day 1, so that's about all I've got.

++ Nessa

EDIT: X-posted with everyone since Inziladun.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #452
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
As to where I am, finished with dinner and listening to my cat kill the bird she didn't catch (caught by a different cat) and cringing. Poor birdy.

Bah I guess this means I have to vote now because it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to be here before the deadline. Man the computer I'm using has a bad keyboard.

And the bird is still crying in distress.

Zil hasn't been sounding so good since I last did my list. Its just a feeling I get from his posts. And since Mac's vote made him look more innocent to me I guess I'm going to vote for

++Zil
Old 08-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #453
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Meh- I don't like it that the flow is really against Pitchwife now after he is gone and can't say anything. I'm not criticizing all suspicion of him- the timing just upsets me.

Anyway, I can't say much more now. Still tied up here. I'm hoping to come free before the end, but I'll at least get a vote in no matter what.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #454
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
--though Shasta has already displayed the knack of rubbing me wrong, probably because in suspecting Rikae
Form, you've never liked me in any games you've played with me, I get that, but I've never seen you blatantly lie about me before. I haven't suspected Rikae at all, and I'd like to know just where you got that particular assumption.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #455
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I ♥ all vote talliers. Anyone tallies votes gets 10,000 points from the Mod.

(Too bad points mean nothing in this game)
Old 08-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #456
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

20 minutes

I do not Wild-eye.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #457
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hm, I hate to point it out, since I think Nessa is suspicious anyway and Form seems to base his vote on it to some extent, but I didn't vote for her - I voted for Pitchwife.

Shasta, considering Formy mixed that up, he probably just mixed your suspicions up too...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #458
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
KETCHUP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If you want to catch Butterflitilicouctus that's your loss...not mine.
Hehe. I read Butterflirtillcactus or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
A question for everyone: how do you feel about the phantom (in general, not in this game specifically). Do you tend to trust him?

Does anyone have strong feelings about Hakon, alona, Nessa or autume (the newer players, I think)?

Also, if you fear me, please step forward - I'd enjoy the ego boost.

EDIT: Bolding names and also want to clarify - strong feelings about the newbies in general, rather than in this game.
In a person sense I trust Phantom, so that tends to bleed into the game a bit, but of course it does with all of you. I'm aware of how tricksy he is so I give him the benefit of the doubt but am always ready to kick myself for being wrong.

Newbies are newbies and I have no feelings on them as a group. Erm, I'm running short on time so I'm not gonna go through each of them now, sorry.

And Rikae, you scare the Skaro out of me.

Quote:
Hm, I thought you had played more, Pitchwife. Another question, then - does anyone have a strong opinion on Pitchwife, in general?
Incidentally I was under the impression (not that he said it, just a feeling) that he'd been around here for ages, so....blah, heck if I know, but I thought it was interesting.

Quote:
I ♥ Lari. I hope you're here at the DL so I can get up-to-date voting tallies. Instead of trolling through pages to get all the votes
If she's not and I'm around I'd be happy to serve.

Quote:
I ♥ alona, I ♥ tum, I ♥ Brinn, I ♥ Durelin, I ♥ Fea, I ♥ Hakon, I ♥ Dun, I ♥ Lommy. I ♥ Mac. I ♥ Mira. I ♥ morm, I ♥ Nerwen, I ♥ Nessa, I ♥ Nienna, I ♥ Pitch, I ♥ Rikae, I ♥ sally, I ♥ Shasta, I ♥ tp.
Awwww, thanks, sweetheart. Love you too! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
For some reason that reminded me of an old song....

A little bit of Dury in my life
A little bit of Lommy by my side
A little bit of Nerwen's all I need
A little bit of Lari's what I see....

*laughs*
And now I have it stuck in my head. Jerk. I may just parody it during the Night for kicks.

Quote:
That settles it for me. Shasta is a wolf-voting machine (he votes for wolves even when he doesn'twant to). I don't agree with his reasons, but as I have reasons of my own and Shasta is psychic (and therefore doesn't need reasons) I'm pretty much sure Pitchwife gets my vote.
Trufax. He's got mad skills, that child, so maybe you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I haven't 'narrowed it down' if you mean I have better reeson to suspect them than morm and sally. It's just that I think morm is more useful to keep around if innocent, and sally - I don't know, I'd just like to hear more of her. But I'm a lousy Day 1 voter anyway.
Of course, if I retract now, it'll look like I'm desperate to fend off the bandwagoning accusation. So what am I supposed to do?
Nevertheless, on further consideration...
--alonariel
++satansaloser2005
Third on the wagon, and hers definitely not a placeholder vote. There.

And that's it for now. Good night everybody. Hope to see most of you in the Morning.
WHAT?!?! Sorry, don't get me wrong. I love the attention, and I don't mind the vote, but that reasoning just screams wolf to me. More on this in the next post.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #459
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
20 minutes

I do not Wild-eye.

Any ♥ from you is sure to be poison anyway. The withered black thing that it is...
Old 08-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #460
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
12 pages of Day 1. If you people are trying to create an environment in which wolves are easily able to hide, you're doing a great job at it. Seriously, what's too much is too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alona
Sorry! I've been at work from 12 to 6 and have been playing catch up with all the posts. Is this payback for voting for you on Day 1 last game?
Payback? Not at all. Everybody gets voted for all the time and I never had a harsh feeling for being voted (well, lynched maybe, and even then only briefly). I do find your post suspicious, even though it was an early-ish one (i.e. from page 7(?) ), and felt that some pressure was due, especially since you were going to be back before the deadline. I'm not sure how to interpret your reaction now.

I was considering Pitchwife before, who now is Hakon's top contender, but somehow his actions, while strange enough, are exactly wolvish. Neither do I think Rikae and Nessa are evil.

*not happy*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #461
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hakon 4
Pitchie 3
Rikae 2
Nessa 2
Alona 1
Sally 1
Morm 1
Dun 1
Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #462
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Form, you've never liked me in any games you've played with me, I get that, but I've never seen you blatantly lie about me before. I haven't suspected Rikae at all, and I'd like to know just where you got that particular assumption.
What?

Hmm... must have been a misread or a mismemory... Perhaps an association of disliked idea with disliked player? All the same, if so, it's quite unconscionable of me. I'm quite sure someone said something that must have triggered me on this... let me go back and check.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #463
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am sorry to say I am desperate to save my skin. I might change this last minute. He also does look very suspicious.

++Pitchwife

Mac, I agree with you on the pages. This thread already has more pages then the last game thread and this one has only been one day.

Last edited by Hakon; 08-13-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Crossed with Form
Hakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #464
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Pitchie bothers the heck out of me now, dang it. The problem is that I don't feel right lynching him (well, telling you guys to, since my vote's locked) when he's left and now won't be able to explain why he did something so strange.

People. Tell me what you're thinking. Right now.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #465
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hakon 4
Pitchie 4
Rikae 2
Nessa 2
Alona 1
Sally 1
Morm 1
Dun 1
Old 08-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #466
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Pitchie bothers the heck out of me now, dang it. The problem is that I don't feel right lynching him (well, telling you guys to, since my vote's locked) when he's left and now won't be able to explain why he did something so strange.

I think Pitchwife panicked, to be quite honest. I'm more inclined to believe cobblery or bear-ery (?) from Hakon than Pitchwife.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #467
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I want cake.....

10 minutes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #468
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
With no support this vote makes no sense in any case, so:

--Alonariel

Pure gut-feeling with no explanations:

++Inziladun
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #469
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I think Pitchwife panicked, to be quite honest. I'm more inclined to believe cobblery or bear-ery (?) from Hakon than Pitchwife.
That's what I'm hoping. But the fact that he voted me instead of Hakon (or someone else with votes for that matter) makes me think that he's more concerned about the way votes make him look than the actual vote count.

Back in a tick.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #470
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
If you are worried about the volume of posts be thankful Lommy isn't here . She would have added at least 2 pages on her own.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #471
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

EDIT: I had a vote count here but realized it was inaccurate, so I tried to fix it, only to have the internet freeze on me. So here lies an incorrect vote count that I tried to delete/fix almost an hour ago. Kthnxbye.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-13-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #472
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

PS Bear-ery is my new word of the day....
Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #473
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Hm, I hate to point it out, since I think Nessa is suspicious anyway and Form seems to base his vote on it to some extent, but I didn't vote for her - I voted for Pitchwife.

Shasta, considering Formy mixed that up, he probably just mixed your suspicions up too...
I blame whomever's vote list I scrolled down while posting to consult. Or mis-read, as the case may have been.

Ah, well, it's amusing given that I based my vote, somewhat, on your authority, but I think I still like the vote--and just as well, I guess, since I can't retract.

Still looking into the Shasta confusion.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #474
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon
--Rikae---Rikae
--Form---Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona
Zil --> Rikae
--Pitchwife -- Alona
Pitchwife --> Sally
Rikae --> Pitchwife
Nessa --> Rikae
Nienna --> Pitchwife
Form --> Nessa
Lari --> Zil
Hakon --> Pitchwife
--Mac -- Alona
Mac --> Zil

So Hakon 4, Pitchwife4, Rikae, Zil and Nessa 2, Sally, and Morm 1.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #475
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

5 minutes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #476
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon
--Rikae---Rikae
--Form---Mira
Shasta --> Pitchwife
Mac --> Alona
Durelin --> Nessa
Pitchwife --> Alona
Zil --> Rikae
--Pitchwife -- Alona
Pitchwife --> Sally
Rikae --> Pitchwife
Nessa --> Rikae
Nienna --> Pitchwife
Form --> Nessa
Lari --> Zil
Hakon --> Pitchwife
--Mac -- Alona
Mac --> Zil

So Hakon 4, Pitchwife4, Rikae, Zil and Nessa 2, Sally, and Morm 1.
Nienna.

Last edited by alonariel; 08-13-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: X'd with Nienna
alonariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #477
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Nienna.
Indeed
Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #478
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Nienna.
Aww thanks dear! ♥
Old 08-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #479
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

2 minutes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #480
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Since I might die here is a goodbye post. Goodbye.