The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #761
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

No time left, people. Speak or forever hold your peace.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #762
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
++Alon

Of the 3 tied she's it for me.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #763
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Retracting my place-holder. I'm afraid I don't have time to go into detail, but for now:

--mormegil

++Inzil
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #764
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh screw it.

--Morm

++Dun

I don't find Alona that suspicious right now. Sorry for the re-tie.

EDIT: x'd with Alona. Now I'm the idiot.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #765
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
--Shasta
++Inzil

Alon should be grateful.

edit: mass-xed... huh that's interesting!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #766
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Durelin's vote doesn't count right now!

edit: crossed with a host of very-last-minute retractions
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #767
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++morm

X-ed: with votes

P.S. I'll explain my vote the best I can toMorrow since time's up now.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #768
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Does the not highlighted count?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #769
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Deadline. Silence.

Inziladun is lynched. I don't have a narration ready and that will take a while.

Since I hate leaving people waiting (*glares at the people who know who they are*). I will tell you now that Inziladun was a...dum, dum dum, ordo.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-15-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #770
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

What? No coin?!!

Curse you all!
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #771
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
(I am sorry for posting this after the deadline but I understand completely if my vote does not count as it's impossible to tell if I edited it before the deadline.)
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #772
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
(I am sorry for posting this after the deadline but I understand completely if my vote does not count as it's impossible to tell if I edited it before the deadline.)
I didn't see any of the posts from 11:00-11:01, until after I closed the Day, I saw Lari's first about the non-highlighted vote, when I got to it, you had highlighted it. So, it did count in my book.

But for the rest of you... *ahem*, tp, sally. Silence. Oh and Villains, bear, remaining gifteds, you know what to do.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #773
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

The D-league vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume 1, Issue 9: Lights off

After much debate and many retracted votes later, the heroes made their choice, Inziladun would die.

"I'm telling you I am innocent!" cried Inziladun.

"That's what they all say." said alona.

.newreN deksa ".epor on dah ew dias motnahp eht ?mih llik ew od woH"

"That light bulb is going to go out" Inziladun pointed to the bulb above Brinn's head. "Right...now." The bulb went out. "See I can still be of use to all of you!?"

"Yes you can!" said sally, and a bulb went off in sally's head. "Isn't there a ridiculously large glass bowl in the kitchen?"

"Yes. Yes there is!" said Mac. He caught onto sally's plan and ran to fetch the large glass bowl.

"Ok, we will need some water, wire, and potatoes." said sally giving orders and her fellow heroes listened.

Shasta and the phantom took hold of Inziladun, who had no clue what was happening. "What? What do you guys want to do to me! I'm telling you I'm innocent!"

All the materials were gathered and sally wrapped the wire around Inzildun's legged, hooked him up to a bunch of potatoes, that were soaking in a bowl of water. the phantom and Shasta placed the glass bowl over Inziladun, and all the heroes watched him begin to glow.

He let off a bright, radiant light, that lit up the entire room and the light even burst out the windows.

"There, now let's see his pals, and that bear try to attack us at night! With the light that Inziladun gives off, they won't dare come out at night!" said morm as sally was laughing at the genius of her plan.

Then Inziladun began to flicker. From inside the glass the heroes could hear a faint "I'm out in...3...2...1 and -" Inziladun had burnt out.

"For being Dr. Electron, and having such expertise with lightbulbs, he made a really useless one." said Durelin. The heroes gathered around the glass bowl, waiting to see if Inziladun had transformed. He had not, Dun, was an ordo and he had blown out.

Living

wilwa (the Dark Monarch)

alonariel- Rosemancer, creates useful, everyday charms
autume- Lady Tum, The Fish Whisperer, can converse with fish
Brinn- Butterfingers (aka The Klutz) breaks everything she touches
Durelin- Felis Grey, under the impression her domestic cats obey her
Formendacil- Celibateman, saving girls everywhere from awkward 1st dates
Lommy- Prin-Guin, claimed princess of the penguins, wears a penguin suit and crown
Macalaure- The Incredible Sulk, when angry he turns green and pouts
Mira- Narcolepsy girl, falls asleep at the most inoppurtune moment
morm- Athletes Foot Man, grows edible green fungus in feet
Nerwen- The Reverser, can read and write backwards
Nessa- Laughing Lass, can make others laugh uncontrollably
Nienna- Word Cloud Girl, analyzes people based on the frequency of the words they use
Rikae- Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch
sally- Movie quotes girl, quotes/recognizes quotes out of movies and TV
Shasta- Mr. E., always cast in shadows
the phantom- Candor Man not to be confused with Condor Man, the truth is brutal

Dead

Boro- Wild-eye (Night 1)
Fea- Doctor Girlfriend, died from sheer awesomeness (Day 1) - ordo
Pitch- Studebaker Hawk, fell to his death (Day 1) - seer
Hakon- Leaf Man, made into firewood (Night 2) - ordo
Lari- Hover Girl, broken neck (Night 2) - ordo
Inziladun- Dr. Electron, used as filament (Day 2) - ordo

It Night 3. You all know what to do.

Edit: credit due to Agan for giving me the narration idea.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-16-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #774
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

The D-league vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume I, Issue 10: Meeting the Monarch

It was a dark night, darker than most, as Gust, Pain and Firefly entered the Dark Monarch’s evil lair. It was a pretty lair, not one of those gross underground caves with bats or creepy crawlies. It was basically a big round room with a large spiral staircase and beautiful black and dark blue accents. As they moved to the center of the round room they looked around nervously. After a long moment they heard an eery, but familiar, rustling sound along with the sound of quick footsteps. After a short silence she appeared, in all her evilness, at the top of the stairs.

She wasn’t overly tall; actually she was fairly small considering how powerful she was. She had very long, almost black hair and striking green eyes. Her wings were magnificently huge, almost twice her size, and crazy dark, like ever present shadows.

“You’re late.” She said sternly as her wings fluttered closed and then opened again, which they tended to do sometimes. Her three minions all started apologising and pointing fingers at each other. “Oh, shut up.” She barked as she jumped up and flew down the stairs, resting right in front of them with a sneer and a twitch of her wings.

“So, you know who I’ve decided on tonight.” she continued, suddenly sounding kind of sweet, as she paced in front of the three trembling villains. A paper crinkling sound came from her pocket as she walked slowly and continued to speak. “You have very specific instructions to follow regarding him, for he’s very special." A pause. "Well not in the same way that some of those other so called heroes are, but in a different way, which doesn’t concern you.” As she said this, a quick blush ran across her cheeks and her hand went to her pocket for a moment, but then she quickly composed herself and continued to frown at her followers. Her shadowy wings closed and opened again, fluttering a bit before returning to their proper position.

“Anyway, enough talk. You all know what to do, so go do it!” She said, as she stopped and drew very close to Pain. She said the following three words louder, dropping her sweet tone, as she poked a slender finger at each of them in turn. “DON’T - SCREW - UP!”

They all bowed and mumbled something along the lines of “Yes, Dark Monarch, as you wish.” before turning and hurrying out the door. The evil ruler stood there firmly, watching them leave and then flew off to continue her plotting in peace.

~~

Around this same time, not too far away, Candor Man was relaxing in his room at the B&B. He had had quite a stressful day and was looking forward to a good night’s sleep. Suddenly a large racket could be heard outside his room and three people burst in and then shut the door behind them. They stared at him curiously.

“Do you three make that much noise every night?” he asked them.

“Actually that time was pretty quiet.” Firefly responded, looking pretty proud as the other two nodded, each of them had pretty goofy grins on their faces.

“How on earth does no one hear that?” Candor Man asked, mostly to himself. He then stood there, just staring at the three who he presumed were here to kill him.

A few moments went by, and nothing happened.
“I have to be honest with you three now, because that is what I do.” he looked intently at them and then continued. “But you three are really starting to creep me out. Can you just kill me and get it over with already?”

The three villains started looking at each other, almost as if they were trying to evaluate the level of creepiness of the other two. Another moment of silence, then Gust decided to speak up. “Well, it’s just that our boss gave us really specific instructions involving you so we’re trying to figure out the best way to accomplish it.”

Candor Man looked slightly giddy for a moment at the mention of their boss, but he quickly composed himself. The villains didn’t seem to notice his slight change in demeanour. He cleared his throat and said, “Alright, well whatever you gotta do get it over with.”

~~

Brinn was down in the kitchen, she was hungry for a little snack, and having a craving for fish. She searched the B&B kitchen and found some fresh looking tilapia. "Mmm...this looks good."

She got out turned on one of the burners and went to find a pan. Right behind her was one of the heroes. "You?" asked Brinn a little surprised. "What are you doing up?"

"I could ask the same from you." said the hero smiling. "I won't, because I am much happier today. I smelled tilapia. My favorite! Such a mild taste, there really is no fishy taste at all!"

"Uhh...I guess so" said Brinn. She was a little creeped out, but reached up to grab a skillet. As she tried to pull one out, all the skillets and pans in the cupboard came crashing down on her. "Hey, can you give me a hand. Oh this is terribly embarassing."

"No." said a cold, hungry voice. Brinn looked up to see the person who was originally standing there was now a large grizzly bear. She picked up one of the skillets and stumbled to her feet. "I know how to defend myself!"

The bear seemed to be enjoying itself greatly. Brinn kept backing away, and the bear kept slowly moving forward. Brinn was backed up against the stove. She had accidentally knocked into the burner switch and turned it up higher. Soon her clothes caught fire.

Brinn started sniffing, trying to find where the smell was coming from. The bear motioned for Brinn to look behind her, and Brinn's entire backside was in flames. As Brinn dropped to the floor and began rolling on the floor, trying to put out the flames, the bear grabbed a piece of fish and walked away.

~~

In the morning the heroes awoke and saw that 2 more people were missing yet again. They decided to go first to the closest room, which belonged to Candor Man.

They walked up to the room and stepped inside carefully. At first it seemed like nothing was out of place, but upon closer inspection they found 3 things; a blue stationary kit, a piece of cloth and a puddle of blood.

“That red cloth is the same colour as the shirt Candor Man was wearing yesterday!” Lommy pointed out while she tried to avoid looking at the pool of blood.

“The stationary is pretty useless.” Morm said, tossing it aside. “He probably wasn’t killed for his letter writing skills.”

“So..........where is he then?” Mira asked, looking slightly confused.

“He must have been obliterated, or evaporated, or something that sounds like one of those words.” Form said as he turned to leave the room, the blood making him queasy.

“.hcuO” said Nerwen as the rest of the group followed Form to continue to the other victim’s room.

No one could find where Brinn had been. For she was not in her room.

"I say we just go down to the kitchen and start on breakfast." said Rikae. They all agreed, apparently deciding that Brinn had wondered off somewhere and probably hurt herself.

However, when all the heroes got down stairs, they found a pile of charred ashes on the ground with another note. Nessa read it out loud.

As you can see, Butterfingers had a bit of an accident, she sort of lit herself on the stove. My apologies, I was just after the fish. She did this to herself.

With love,
Your Shape-shifting suitemate

Living

wilwa (the Dark Monarch)

alonariel- Rosemancer, creates useful, everyday charms
autume- Lady Tum, The Fish Whisperer, can converse with fish
Durelin- Felis Grey, under the impression her domestic cats obey her
Formendacil- Celibateman, saving girls everywhere from awkward 1st dates
Lommy- Prin-Guin, claimed princess of the penguins, wears a penguin suit and crown
Macalaure- The Incredible Sulk, when angry he turns green and pouts
Mira- Narcolepsy girl, falls asleep at the most inoppurtune moment
morm- Athletes Foot Man, grows edible green fungus in feet
Nerwen- The Reverser, can read and write backwards
Nessa- Laughing Lass, can make others laugh uncontrollably
Nienna- Word Cloud Girl, analyzes people based on the frequency of the words they use
Rikae- Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch
sally- Movie quotes girl, quotes/recognizes quotes out of movies and TV
Shasta- Mr. E., always cast in shadows

Dead

Boro- Wild-eye (Night 1)
Fea- Doctor Girlfriend, died from sheer awesomeness (Day 1) - ordo
Pitch- Studebaker Hawk, fell to his death (Day 1) - seer
Hakon- Leaf Man, made into firewood (Night 2) - ordo
Lari- Hover Girl, broken neck (Night 2) - ordo
Inziladun- Dr. Electron, used as filament (Day 2) - ordo
the phantom- Candor Man, taken by special request of the Monarch (Night 3) - ordo
Brinniel- Butterfingers, caught herself on fire (Night 3) - ordo

(Compliments to wilwa for writing the phantom's death).

It is now Day 3. Discuss.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-16-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #775
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Awwww, and I wrote a little song for Phantom and everything.

I'm going to pull up Brinn's posts and see what there be to see. Back later.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #776
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Awwww, and I wrote a little song for Phantom and everything.

I'm going to pull up Brinn's posts and see what there be to see. Back later.
You should still post it - I've really come to appreciate your songs.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #777
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh my...That is a lot of dead ordos...Not good.

Sally stole my idea so I guess I'll take phantom. Back later.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #778
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I should be posting a list of the votes for yesterDay here shortly.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #779
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Mira votes for Rikae. Mentions probably be retracting since the more she thinks about it the less she think Rikae is evil, but needed a placeholder vote. (Rikae 1)

Shasta votes for Mira for pointing out out gifteds. Mentions that's how Boro was caught last game. (Mira 1)

morm votes for Rikae. Mentions she and sally look most suspicious. (Rikae 2)

alona votes for morm. Reason for the vote is because she believe morm is hiding behind a vote which is what she had been accused of doing. Also mentions it is a placeholder vote. (morm 1)

Nerwen votes for Mira. Not really sure why voted for Mira. she does mention that she may change it later. Also could be in response to Mac's post where he mentions the votes are piling up against Rikae and Mira. (Mira 2)

sally votes for morm. Mentions that he makes her squirmy because she believes he voted for Hakon and then said it was stupid for the rest of Hakon voters to vote for Hakon. (morm 2)

Inzil votes for morm. Asks morm a question which doesn't get answered, then votes without giving a reason. Which seems to be one of the big reasons he got lynched. (morm 3)

Mac votes for Inzil. States that he asked a rhetoric statement creating more of an atmosphere of suspicion against Mira. Then states that as a wolf he wouldn't care much about a non-wolf morm or non-wolf Mira getting lynched. Also mentions in earlier post that Inzil thows out vagues suspicions without backing them up. (Inzil 1)

Rikae votes for alona. Thanks Rikae for making me find what you had said before! Now must find previous posts...
Aha I have found it! I think it's because she gets the odd feeling of her riding her coattails when alona mentions that she voted for Hakon because he was abusing newbie errors "a mistake that both Rikae and I made". (alona 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I find myself wondering if she's a mistaken cobbler who thinks I'm a wolf...? Could be a newbie wolf or bear trying to be too likable to suspect... or it could just be her style.
autume votes for Inzil. I didn't like the way he went after Rikae earlier yesterDay. Seemed a little suspicous to me. I agreed with Mac in that he was thowing out suspicions without backing them up. He then asked a question of morm then shortly after votes for morm. (Inzil 2)

Nessa votes for alona. It sounds to me like she's agreeing with Rikae. (alona 2)

Form votes for Inzil. Was already on his "radar" and then the vote for morm seals the vote. (Inzil 3)

Nienna votes for Shasta. Says that he has been acting weird yesterDay and that his for Pitchwife was quite unsettling. Mentions he wishes he were here to defend himself, but finds him the most suspicious. (Shasta 1)

Tommy votes for Shasta. Doesn't give reason, but does mention he still has his retraction. (Shasta 2)

phantom votes for alona. States reason as she dropped out his WW game earlier this year. (alona 3)

Durelin votes for alona. Doesn't give reason. (alona 4)

alona retracts her vote for morm and votes for Inzil. Doesn't have time to go into detail as to why. (morm 2, Inzil 4)

Sally retracts vote for morm and votes Dun. Mentions doesn't find alona that suspicious right now. (morm 1, Dun 1)

Tommy retracts vote for Shasta and votes for Inzil. Mentions alona should be grateful. (Shasta 1, Inzil 5)

Brinn votes for morm. Doesn't give explanation, and unfortunately we won't hear it now as she has been killed by the Bear. (morm 2)
Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #780
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry I wasn't here yesterday but I was engaged in the joys of airline travel. I haven't been able to catch up on all that was said and I will see if I can but I don't think it overly likely. Anyway I notice a good deal of activity surrounded me yesterday. I got the impression that those who began it did not want to taint their paws on it. Sally increasingly worries me. She seems unwilling to commit to anything solid and yet floats around everywhere poking here and prodding there. She is stirring the pot, so to speak. Rikae as well is not looking good by me still. I don't trust her and would be happy to see her gone. I really believe that we need to bag a baddie today otherwise we are in desperate peril. I implore everybody to objectively look over all of Rikae's and Sally's posts.

Formendacil is another that just hasn't been sitting right with me. Nothing overt but small subtle things, more of a gut on him. I think the other baddie is going to be in one of the players I'm not familiar with i.e. Nessa, Autume, Mira etc... I don't know how to read them yet so I'm a bit at a loss with them.

I would love a fresh set of eyes to look at Rikae and Sally and let me know what you think.

ps I only skimmed some of what happened yesterday, if I get a more detailed reading opinions may change.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #781
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Who is tommy?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #782
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Anyone else find Sally and Autume's vote retractions at the DL kind of... odd? Autume's comment that Alona should be grateful is itself rather eyebrow-raising (cobbler hinting to wolf??) and the fact that they both appear to be swooping in to alona's rescue, so to speak, after Durelin's vote. I found it weird, of course the weirdness enhanced by the fact that I found alona wolfish.

EDIT: X'd with morm and morm.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #783
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Correction to Tum's vote count. Lommie voted for Shasta (and then retracted for Dun), not Phantom. Other than that, thanks for the recap!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #784
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Based on Autume's voting recount Alona does look might suspicious.

I am wondering if Rikae and Alona are in it together. Rikae voted early for Alona which could have been fairly innocuous at the time but something to throw off the ties they have. Admittedly it's a bit of a stretch but not too much to make it unrealistic.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #785
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Anyone else find Sally and Autume's vote retractions at the DL kind of... odd? Autume's comment that Alona should be grateful is itself rather eyebrow-raising (cobbler hinting to wolf??) and the fact that they both appear to be swooping in to alona's rescue, so to speak, after Durelin's vote. I found it weird, of course the weirdness enhanced by the fact that I found alona wolfish.

I x'd with Alona, and if you'll notice I felt dumb afterward because I didn't realize she'd retracted. And as I had said before, I was planning to break the tie if necessary.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #786
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:

Agreed. I did skim and see that. It does look strange and feel strange. Just another thing Sally has done that raised an eyebrow.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #787
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Who is tommy?
Pretty sure she meant Lommie.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #788
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
I x'd with Alona, and if you'll notice I felt dumb afterward because I didn't realize she'd retracted. And as I had said before, I was planning to break the tie if necessary.
Yes and for some reason both of you felt the need to do that, why would you feel that need I ask?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #789
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Pretty sure she meant Lommie.
Why the heck don't we just call her Lommy?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #790
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Who is tommy?
Sorry. I meant Lommy.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #791
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Am I being touchy or does Rikae seem a bit too eager to suspect me? Well, at least to bring up things that are 'suspicious' about me. I explained my vote before I changed it, so what's the problem?

(Also, sorry if I'm a bit short tonight. Got a brief headache reprieve but I'm still not feeling the best, so if I'm a bit snappy please accept apologies in advance.)
Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #792
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I think the other baddie is going to be in one of the players I'm not familiar with i.e. Nessa, Autume, Mira etc... I don't know how to read them yet so I'm a bit at a loss with them.
You clearly don't know how to read me yet, either.

I'd like a look at Form and Sally, too, though. Sally especially. Also, Nerwen's been under my reindeer to a degree, an oversight which must be remedied.
That will probably have to wait until tomorrow, though.

EDIT: X'd with everything since my last post.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #793
alonariel
Wight

Quote:

All of the last minute votes were cross-posted. I had no idea that anyone was going to save me. But Lommy saying I should be grateful? I am, to still be alive and a help to the village, but that did confuse me, too.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #794
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes and for some reason both of you felt the need to do that, why would you feel that need I ask?
Erm....ask Tum? I said it ages before I changed my vote, and waited until more or less the last second because I didn't want to change unless I had to.

Morm, I already suspect you. Don't make it worse.

P.S. We do call her Lommie. Tum just made a mistake. No worries.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #795
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Am I being touchy or does Rikae seem a bit too eager to suspect me? Well, at least to bring up things that are 'suspicious' about me. I explained my vote before I changed it, so what's the problem?

(Also, sorry if I'm a bit short tonight. Got a brief headache reprieve but I'm still not feeling the best, so if I'm a bit snappy please accept apologies in advance.)
No she doesn't seem too eager. I think you are more than deserving than a fair amount of suspicion. In fact I hope we have a lot more eager people to suspect you. The more I consider it the more I feel you are evil
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #796
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
You clearly don't know how to read me yet, either.
That may be true. But I do know how I read you. I generally think you are suspicious, just like I think Lommy generally suspicious. Therefore I will continue to suspect you but I always do so with a grain of salt.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #797
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
No she doesn't seem too eager. I think you are more than deserving than a fair amount of suspicion. In fact I hope we have a lot more eager people to suspect you. The more I consider it the more I feel you are evil

Oh of course. Saying that I am suspicious for trying to break a tie (albeit in the wrong way, and I still hate myself for it) when I said I was going to do it ages before is horribly suspicious. I completely understand.

Man, I really am cranky. Whoops?

ETA: x'd. Oh, and I am speaking of that particular point of Rikae's argument. Suspect me if you like, just please do it for a good reason. That's all I ask.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:37 PM   #798
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Erm....ask Tum? I said it ages before I changed my vote, and waited until more or less the last second because I didn't want to change unless I had to.

Morm, I already suspect you. Don't make it worse.
So if I suspect you, you will want my death even worse? Interesting but not helpful to your 'case' Sally. Just because you said you might change your vote doesn't make it any better. "Hey everybody I reserve the right to change my vote from a pack mate to a non-pack mate if the going gets bad but don't suspect me if I do"
Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #799
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Based on Autume's voting recount Alona does look might suspicious.

I am wondering if Rikae and Alona are in it together. Rikae voted early for Alona which could have been fairly innocuous at the time but something to throw off the ties they have. Admittedly it's a bit of a stretch but not too much to make it unrealistic.
Sounds like you're really determined to suspect me, then, considering I was actually not only the first to vote her, but to suspect her, and it seems to me, at least, I pushed pretty strongly for her lynching, as I intend to do toDay as well, barring any significant developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Er, sorry about that - next time I see someone do something suspicious, I'll just keep my mouth shut. I forgot I was the cobbler... oh, wait a minute, I'm not the cobbler.

EDIT: X'd with all since Sally's #794
Old 08-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #800
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Quote:
Erm....ask Tum?
You can ask me all you like, but the real person you need to be asking is Lommy. I didn't retract my vote.