The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2005, 10:32 PM   #1921
searchesforearth

Silmaril Hello

I am new here. I am searching for Middle Earth. I am on a mission. Please help me.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #1922
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
welcome searchesforearth, i hope that you'll find what you need around here on the downs
Old 11-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #1923
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Welcome searchesforearth. I hope your stay amongst us is horrid and filled with unpleasent memories. In other words, have a great time.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #1924
Elonve
Wight

Elonve has just left Hobbiton.
Hi I am BAck! WOW I cant wait to get posting on the 'downs again!

Hello newbies enjoying our deaths aren't we?
________
WELLBUTRIN SETTLEMENTS

Last edited by Elonve; 04-09-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Elonve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:07 PM   #1925
Gil-Galad

err welcome back again Elonve?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #1926
rohanon0

Shield

HALLO searchesforearth. I, too, awoke in the dark mists of this unknown place.
The bone chilling cold creeps about me and I only remember the final exchange of blows with a gruesome orc. Prithee, what is this place and can one get return to the land of ROHAN?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:37 PM   #1927
Gil-Galad

too bad...your a downer now...one of us...one of us...one of us... hey were zombies! thats awesome!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #1928
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Welcome, Ordimor, searchesforearth, and rohanon0! Unfortunately, we're not like Gandalf or Glorfindel, and death is a one-way ticket for us. On the bright side, being dead is tons of fun when you've found the right place to haunt.

Last edited by Encaitare; 11-22-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: fixing typo
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:27 AM   #1929
Turgon Philip Noldor
Animated Skeleton

Turgon Philip Noldor has just left Hobbiton.
Hello everybody! I don’t get on often, and since I don’t stay on long, I won’t take the long hours to find every new member I haven’t welcomed since I last interred the barrowdowns. So, I will just leave it at a simple welcome to all the new members that I haven’t welcomed. I’m glad to see that the downs are still running with no major changes (at least none that are noticeable to me) since I last logged on. It’s not like I’ve been gone for that long, but It has been at least a few months. Sorry I can’t add my opinion and view to any of the threads, due to my lack of time. So, to conclude, welcome newcomers! Have a good life/death (or whatever you want to consider this state of being) on the downs. And make sure that you do more in life then write post to the Barrowdowns.

-Turgon
Old 11-23-2005, 06:32 AM   #1930
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
Quote:
And make sure that you do more in life then write post to the Barrowdowns.
More? Life? What do you mean? I don't understand?

Welcome searchesforearth. Hope you'll find what you're looking for. Though I think you'll end up finding Middle Earth insted of only Earth, so you're mission will probably be a succes!

Welcome back Elonve. Hope you'll stay this time!

And welcome rohanon0. Sorry about that chilling cold, I hope the heat will be up soon. But as stated by other's, there's no way to exit from here. You'll be as stuck as me, but it's not such a bad place when you get used to it.

And at last a welcome back to Turgon Philip Noldor. Make sure you get some time for posting in the future. Every possible contribution is wanted.

To all of you, enjoy your deaths and I hope I'll see you around!

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #1931
Gil-Galad

welcome back Turgon
Old 11-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #1932
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
And now comes the dreaded moment..... I'm here to introduce myself
Where to start? what to say? I guess I should start off by a warning

WARNING!!!!!! THIS GUY LOVES TO WRITE, SHOULD YOU GIVE HIM A PEN AND A PAPER OR EVEN WORSE, A COMPUTER HE MIGHT WRITE US ALL TO DEATH.... or well, back to life or what ever you guys consider a BAD consequence (but not a terrible one, I'm not THAT evil... or am I?)

Having that off my chest, I just finished reading The Silmarillion for the second time and I actually enjoyed it this time around! (I read LOTR for the first time when I was young.... can't remember how young exactly, but I don't think older than 15) and Silmarillion right after, yet I found it very confusing and didn't really enjoy it. This summer I went back to Argentina (sidenote, I'm living in Canada now) and brought back my LOTR books 'cos I missed them.... and along came the Hobbit and SIlmarillion. I devoured them in a couple of months and I enjoyed this second reading of The Silmarillion so much I decided to look for more information on the 'net.... and Lo and Behold!!! I found this place.

I should also say that I like to write stories yet I mostly do it in spanish... up until now, as I've decided to try and write some in English. I'm looking forward to hear your comments on my work

Ok, I think that's about it for now.... feel free to PM me at any time for whatever reason!! =)

Farael (no, that's not my real name)
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:44 PM   #1933
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Welcome, Farael! I agree with you: the Silmarillion is always better the second time around. Enjoy your death!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #1934
Gil-Galad

Gilomir88

Greetings and Salutations Farael. There are many activities you can find here at the downs, from the Chapter-by-Chapter book discussions, Scene-by-Scene movie discussions, if you want to get out of the "serious" and into the "mirth" perhaps Crazy Captions, or the Werewolf Games will suit you. Plus there's on going RPG's. Enjoy your stay.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:52 PM   #1935
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Welcome everyone who's knew and welcome back to the already dead. Enjoy (and in some cases, continue) the Down's.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #1936
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Welcome Farheal, Gil-galad's basically said it all the downs has to offer. But, don't be afraid to explore, there's much more.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #1937
Beleg
Animated Skeleton

Beleg has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hello to all the members and viewers. After wandering a lot in the Downs/the site, I registered yesterday. I find the forum and the sections of the barrowdowns very friendly, so I'll stay for a while.

Hoping my bow will be useful to the community. See you soon in the sections.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:51 PM   #1938
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Seeing as Gil-galad is temporarily absent, I think I will fill in for the chap today...

Greetings and Salutations Beleg. There are many activities you can find here at the downs, from the Chapter-by-Chapter book discussions, Scene-by-Scene movie discussions, if you want to get out of the "serious" and into the "mirth" perhaps Crazy Captions, or the Werewolf Games will suit you. Plus there's on going RPG's. Enjoy your stay.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:23 PM   #1939
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, Boromir has said it already, but welcome Beleg !! I'm sure you will find the folks in here a great bunch, I certainly have! =)
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #1940
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Tolkien

Welcome all of you, that I have not yet greeted. I am so happy that you guys chose to join, because you are clearly wise and in all ways fantastic people.

and Beleg, Boro forgot a very important thing: The Quiz Room ! ! !

Take a look and I know you will love it, you will find riddles, clues, grillings and normal quizes just vaiting for you. You might even find some old ones wich you will find interesting, if you do feel free to start them once more.

- Rune

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:24 PM   #1941
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

*sniff* I miss all if you I really do (if any of you can actually remember me )... I think I might come back and play in some RPG's soon... Hello to all newcomers!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #1942
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Welcome to the Down's Beleg. Hope you enjoyed your death. And welcome back Phervasaion.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:44 AM   #1943
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Welcome, searchesforearth, Farael and Beleg!

(Points for the screen name, Beleg, btw... Beleg's one of my favourites in the Silmarillion - of course after Maedhros and Finrod...).

And welcome back, those who have lost the "life" on the 'Downs, but happily found it again!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #1944
Gil-Galad

welcome back Phervasaion
Old 12-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #1945
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Welcome back to the downs Phervasion.

Quote:
and Beleg, Boro forgot a very important thing: The Quiz Room ! ! !
Blimey, how could I forget. Don't worry I'll make sure I add it to the automated message.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #1946
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
Welcome Beleg (and like Thinlomien, Beleg Cuthalion is one of my favourites) and Phervasaion (or is it welcome back in this case?).

And to all of you other Downers, if any of you by chance would be missing me the coming weeks, it's because I won't have access to a computer other than on the weekends. Even if it's not very likely that you will miss me, feel some sympathy for poor me, being a trainee in a foreign town, having to live without BD I'll be back soon!

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #1947
fairychick101

hello ppl

there was a robot who told me 2 cum over here so here i am

hello i am fairychick101 and i rule! *jokes* i don't like being in a situation of being new and weak and stuff so dont treat me like a little tween

anyway my favorite caracter in lotr is bilbo and then frodo i think or was it the other way round? i wish there were more fairies in lotr or some of santa's elves which i think were on holiday during the time.

sauron is quite lame. he is like a big bully zapping all the peeps of the middle-earth and the dumb valar or wtevr they're called just keep as far as they can away from the problems and laze about drinking holy wine thinking they're sum kinds of gods and are quite pathetic

so there
hope u liked my intro and good day from

-fairychcik101
Old 12-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #1948
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Hi! I'm not a robot - I'm one of the moderators of this forum. Newcomers are always welcome; before you continue posting, please read the Forum FAQ thread and the Guidelines for Forum Posting. That will help you to get to know the rules we have on the Barrow-Downs forum. It's also a good idea to read a few threads so that you get the general idea from others' posts, and to use the search function (top right of the page) to find answers that have already been given to your questions. If you have questions that aren't answered on those threads, please send me or one of the other moderators a PM - we'll do our best to help.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #1949
Gil-Galad

welcome Fairychick101!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #1950
Lolidir
Wight

Lolidir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lolidir
Welcome

Hey there Phervasion, Beleg, Boro, and anyone else I have not mentioned. It has been a while since I have been on and posted anything. I usually check a few posts and see whats new but lately nothing has really struck me, so if any of you know some really good threads or some good discussions I could add to let me know. Either post them here or I am probably more likely to get them if you pm me, but whatever floats your boat. Well I hope all of you new kids find what you are looking for. It is a wonderful place here; surrounded by those just like you, not fearing to be called names because you have tons of action figures and posters and books, wait you guys dont have all that? I am sure there are some out there thats do. Well have a good one.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:49 AM   #1951
Gil-Galad

welcome back Lolidir
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #1952
Elonve
Wight

Elonve has just left Hobbiton.
Hello everyone! I am back for good this time. Greetings to rohanon0, Beleg and Farael! Welcome back Phervasion.

enjoy death! *Muhahahaha*
________
Free Xxxtube

Last edited by Elonve; 04-09-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Elonve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #1953
Gil-Galad

welcome back elonve
Old 12-10-2005, 07:40 PM   #1954
Pippin is Mine

Mae Govannan! I'm Kelsey, or Círtolthiel.

Last edited by Pippin is Mine; 12-10-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #1955
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Glad to have you back Lolidir and Elonve.

Greetings and Salutations Pippin/Kelsey. There are many activities you can find here at the downs, from the Chapter-by-Chapter book discussions, Scene-by-Scene movie discussions, if you want to get out of the "serious" and into the "mirth" perhaps Crazy Captions, or the Werewolf Games will suit you. Plus there's on going RPG's. Enjoy your stay. (P.S. And don't forget to pop into the Quiz Forums )
Old 12-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #1956
Gil-Galad

welcome Pippin is Mine, enjoy yourself
Old 12-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #1957
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Welcome, Pippin!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:24 PM   #1958
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up Hi

I just thought I would say hi to everyone....HI!!
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #1959
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Eh. I only do this cause mods tell me to.
________
Vapir no2

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #1960
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Welcome Valier and Elu and anyone else I've missed. Enjoy your deaths and may your stay be gruesome and horrible!!