The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #721
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Forgot.

++McCaber
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #722
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
++McCaber
Old 09-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #723
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nilp, but I made the same mistake as Nienna. Why did that do it?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #724
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
I am not a wolf. Sally voted early because she had to leave. She said so many times and you were (and still are) the most suspicious person in my opinion so her voting early doesn't seem weird.
I never said her voting early seemed weird. What I find weird is who she voted and on what grounds. She hasn't posted any argument against me except for "she feels creepy" or something like that. I trust you won't hold a grudge if I don't beileve your first sentence. I can't have proof about that, and what logic I have points against you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Now the big issue. If we guard McCaber we are assured of a known innocent tomorrow. However, if we don't get a wolf today, and guard him, then it's over. If we don't get a wolf today, and don't guard him, he can protect someone, but the wolves will most likely kill him...which means it's over anyway.

So, I say we guard McCaber.
That makes sense. If we lynch an innocent toDay the game is over whether we guard him or not. If we lynch a wolf, though, we'll have a known innocent toMorrow. Therefore:

++ McCaber

EDIT: x-ed with Brinn, Eonwe, Nienna, Nilp and Boro x2
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #725
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
So right now our choices have to be between Greenie and Nienna. Anything else and the wolves can force a victory.

Thoughts?
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #726
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I shouldn't be a choice. If you lynch me the village will lose.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #727
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Fair enough. Though I must ask - if you don't think I say I forgot an argument on purpose, then why is saying so a sign of wolvery? Or, do you think a wolf-me would come up with a ploy such as "I'll say I forgot an argument and they'll take me for a gifted"? Quite frankly (and this, again, is an argument I can't in all fairness expect you to take in) it wouldn't cross my mind to think that way! My mind doesn't work in ploys, whether innocent or wolf. I can't spot them in others and certainly can't use them myself.
It was more of when I saw it, I thought Nilp, and how I fell for it, and you wound up to be a wolf. My memory is just as faulty, you could very well say the same exact thing as an innocent, but since that time I went after Nilp, because of your comment, and was proven fooled, it's the incident that sticks out in my memory.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #728
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think this is rather obvious, but -

++ Nienna

I'd do this even if she wasn't screaming "wolf" to me. I know I'm innocent. I don't know her role. Therefore, from my point of view, she is an infinitely better lynch target. We stand a chance if we lynch her. (Why is it that none of my arguments can be relied on by anyone else?)

EDIT: x-ed with Nienna and Boro
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #729
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It's a tough decision as Sally was really my prime suspect, but it seems I can't vote her now.

Nienna and Greenie look suspicious for different reasons, yet I don't feel like I have enough substance to lynch either of them. What I really need to do is look through their previous posts, but seems too late for that.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #730
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Would someone at least give me the reason why you suspect me?

*is frustrated*
Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #731
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I did say that you latching onto my suspicions yesterDay is suspicious. Greenie looks suspicious because of her playing safe. Neither reasons seem substantial enough for a lynching, which is what frustrates me.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #732
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Nilp, but I made the same mistake as Nienna. Why did that do it?
You didn't organise a last-minute wilwa bandwaggon yesterDAY. Fair nuff?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #733
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Would someone at least give me the reason why you suspect me?

*is frustrated*
Welcome to my world. I have given my reasons for suspecting you earlier toDay. Your role in the Wilwa bandwagon looked like a wolf seizing the chance to save a fellow from getting lynched and/or nailing a possible Gifted. Your arguments toDay have been grasping at straws in order to get an innocent lynched.

EDIT: x-ed with Brinn and Nilp
Old 09-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #734
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'm going to say I will not vote for Nienna. If she's a wolf, congrats I'm fooled, well played wolves.

So, my vote will go to save her, whether it be Pitch, sally, or Greenie. I also don't like Nilp calling Nienna a wolf, but it may be too late for anything against him.

Pitch looked at first the most suspicious, but his response to me looks more frustration and throwing up hands.

Greenie's posts looks more like she's trying to strike up sympathy more than frustration:
Quote:
I'd do this even if she wasn't screaming "wolf" to me. I know I'm innocent. I don't know her role. Therefore, from my point of view, she is an infinitely better lynch target. We stand a chance if we lynch her. (Why is it that none of my arguments can be relied on by anyone else?)
And sally I just have no clue, but willing to follow Brinn's vote if she does vote for sally.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #735
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Greenie's posts make sense to me, and I'd rather not see her lynched. I doubt my saying so will do her any good *rueful smile*, but don't hold it against her.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #736
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And we enter the final minutes. sally voted Green, and Nilp and Greenie voted Nienna.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #737
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fine. Lynch me. But when the village looses... its not my fault.

++Greenie

Thank you Boro.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #738
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots

My reasons for suspecting Nienna:

She's good, I'll admit that, doing her post-by-post analyses of villagers and gauging reactions. But yesterDAY was what did it. wilwa was lynched when five minutes before the DAY ended she didn't have a vote. She latched on to Brinn's outstanding suspicion of wilwa and used it to get her lynched (I dunno how Nogrod was dragged into that). And now . . . well, I'll admit that when you made the same mistake my suspicion of her due to that slip lessened, but it wasn't enough, all right?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #739
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
And sally I just have no clue, but willing to follow Brinn's vote if she does vote for sally.
I do want to vote Sally since she looks more likely a wolf. But would it be too risky to split the votes?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #740
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Fine. Your choice.

At least don't say I didn't try to tell you.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #741
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
I do want to vote Sally since she looks more likely a wolf. But would it be too risky to split the votes?
I'd be willing to retract if it comes to that.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #742
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If all of Brinn, Boro, Pitch, and I are innocent and on board, we can swing something.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #743
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Splitting the votes is NOT a good idea.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #744
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
If all of Brinn, Boro, Pitch, and I are innocent and on board, we can swing something.
Pitch is the only one I'm not sure about, what was that rueful smile about?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #745
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I'll go for a Sally lynch if the majority will.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #746
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Come on, one minute left!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #747
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++sally

Let's do this.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #748
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

++Sally
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #749
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm going to say I will not vote for Nienna. If she's a wolf, congrats I'm fooled, well played wolves.
Yes, we've all been fooled. But I'm not going to leave it at that, damn it. We have evidence right in front of us. wilwa, yesterDAY, dead.

Fair point about Greenie, though. Oh, Eru, if she's a Werewolf, I must be their unwitting Cobbler . . .
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #750
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Greenie
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #751
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
All right then.
++Sally
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #752
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

-- Nienna
++Sally
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #753
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

craziest minute ever
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #754
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline. Stop posting.

Sally has been lynched. McCaber has been guarded.

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-11-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #755
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 6

The villagers frantically tried to work out who was evil among them, but the accusations kept on hurtling backwards and forwards. The fear of making a mistake was heavy upon their hearts, and the air was thick with tension.

Everything passed slowly for the villagers, in a haze, as they made the decision that would decide the fate of the village.

The votes were being cast throughout the day, and it was accepted that it would be Greenie who would be killed that day.

But just before the sun started to get orange, before the evening drew in, McCaber, Brinniel and Pitchwife suddenly introduced a new candidate, in the form of Sally.

Boromir tried to turn it back to Greenie, but all he achieved was a draw.

Eönwë left for a few moments to bring from his house the Six Sticks of Decision, which had decided the fate of who would be guarded three days ago. Now they would have a much more important purpose. They would decide who would be killed.

Eönwë brought them forwards, in front of the crowd, and raised his hand-

"Stop!" came a shout suddenly from the crowd. It was Greenie. "I haven't taken my vote yet." People looked at her in realisation. "And I choose Sally to be the next one to be killed."

Sally looked across at her in terror.

Eönwë looked at the crowd. "I have not yet cast the Sticks, and since you have as much right to a vote as any other member of this beautiful village, I am forced to count your vote. Therefore, Sally will be the one to face death by the sword."

"But... but... but... I'm innocent!" she protested.

"That's what they all say!" retorted Greenie, happier than ever.

And so Eönwë led the way out of the town. There was a square area of barren land. Eönwë stopped. "Here will do."

Sally was forced to kneel, with her head leaning forwards. Brinniel took a large sword and stood above her. Brinniel raised the sword above her head, and then swung it down, cleanly decapitating Sally's head.

The villagers waited expectantly, willing the head or the body to transform. Sally stayed completely Sally. She was just an ordinary villager, caught up in affaird beyond her control.

"Then," said Eönwë, "we have no hope left. The Night Guard will move for no-one. The wolves will kill us all tonight. Lock your homes, board up your windows and hope that the wolves will ignore your existence."

As he uttered these words, all light faded, and the village was filled with the darkness of the night.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Pitchwife- the village mason

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener - Innocent
Inziladun- the village brewer - Wolf
alonariel- the village blacksmith - Innocent (modfired)
Hakon- the village innkeeper - Innocent
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary - Innocent (modfired)
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel - Innocent
wilwarin538- the village barmaid - Hunter
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress - Innocent (modfired)
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois - Innocent
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books) - Innocent
Old 09-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #756
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Night 7

And then, chaos erupted. People started screaming, running to their homes or trying to run away into the wilderness. Fear of the wolves spread like the Black Breath.

Realising that with their kill that night, they would equal the villagers' numbers, they forgot about pretence that night, and transformed in full view of the villagers.

Nilpaurion, Brinniel and Greenie stood together, and in the shadows of the night, they transformed. They let out howls of anguish, and finally finished in the forms of terrible power and cunning.

"Still hurt?" asked Niplaurion.

Greenie nodded.

"Always does," said Brinniel.

They decided on killing the remaining villagers one by one, in alphabetical order.

Each villager, running away from the source of the trouble, hear a snarl behind them, only to turn around and stare death in the face, before succumbing to it.

And soon, other than the wolves, all were dead apart from McCaber and the mayor.

And so they went to the Guarded house of McCaber.

The guards went up to the doors.

"Who eez it?" asked one of the guards.

"We are the wolves. I think you'll remember us from six nights ago."

"Um.. no."

The wolf, most likely Nilp, looked sidelong at his fellows. "Anyway, we are looking for the ranger. Would you like to join us?"

"No, we've already got one, you see?" said the guard

"Are you sure?" asked the wolf.

"Yes, he's very nice," said the guard.

"Can we see him?"

"Of course not! You are wolvish types."

"Well, what are you then?"

"We're Guards of course. Why else would we be wearing this outrageous costume?"

"Good point," said a wolf, who seemed to resemble Greenie.

"Shh!" The wolf who was doing the speaking looked meaningfully at the one who had just spoken. "Now show us the ranger or we will have to get in by force!"

"You don't frighten us, Wolvish pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottom, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, and all your silly werrrrrewolves!"

"Now, wait a..." started the wolf.

"I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!" shouted the guard.

"Can we talk to the other guard?" asked Nilpaurion.

"No- Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

"Why can't we talk to the guard?"

"Oh... well, he lost half of his tongue in training."

"Oh" said the possible Nilp.

"Oh, I've had enough of this!" shouted the wolf who looked most like Brinniel.

She charged for the Guard. They had planned the attack beforehand, and now they were ready. They encircled him. In a flash that was barely visible to the human eye, one wolf bit down into the Guard's neck, while the other two stopped him escaping.

The other guard came to attempt to rescue his comrade, but it seemed that his halberd was now ineffective against the hide of the wolves. It seemed that their power was too great to be stopped by even the Night Guards.

Both they slew, with great enthusiasm, relishing the carnage.

They went inside, and there met McCaber.

He was asleep in his bed, but as they entered the chamber, he rose, sword in hand. One of the wolves broke it, but with the final piece attached to the hilt he inflicted a nasty cut to one of the wolves before he died.

Now the wolves had only one target left, and it was Eönwë, the mayor.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #757
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

One more.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #758
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Night 7 part II

The wolves finally reached the house of the mayor. But instead of having to open the door, he met them in front of his door.

"Yes, I know you are here to kill me," he said.

"That is our purpose, yes." The wolves were indistinguishable by now.

"But let me tell you what happened. I will tell you the truth about two weeks ago."

The wolves nodded in consent.

"When I hunted him down, before I killed the Great Wolf, while we were fighting, he bit me. I ignored it at first, ignored the searing pain and the desire to do evil. I have managed to keep control, but I have been afflicted in the same way you have. However, having killed him myself, all his remaining power transferred to me, so that if I were to transform forever, I would be the next Great Wolf."

The Werewolves looked at him in disbelief.

"Yes. Each night I got the urge to transform, to be become the beast of the night, but I resisted on all but one occasion. I can transform at will."

And with that he stood up straight. His outline was highlighted by the moon, and his face was pointed at the stars.

Fur streaked across his body, and he grew taller and taller. His nose elongated and joined with his mouth, his ears moved up and expanded. After a few moments, he was a wolf. "It hurts me just as much as it does you. More in fact, probably."

He stood, towering above them, like a Numenorean in their days of glory to a stocky Breelander. His fur was black as jet, and sleek. He was no mere wolf. He was no mere werewolf. He was the Great Wolf. He roared.

The other wolves ran at him. Though they attacked viciously with their claws and teeth, few scars were left behind. In the end, they all lay at his feet, dead. And after a while, they turned back into their uncorrupted human forms in their death. Eönwë did the same. He mourned all those dead, all those he had ever known. He buried the bodies of Nilpaurion, Brinniel and Greenie.

Then he turned his face up at the moon and howled. his body rippled and changed, and became that of a wolf. He looked just like a normal wolf, but for his great size and shocking colour.

He ran as a wolf for many days and nights, until he got as far west as he could. There, where the sea met the land, he cast himself off the cliffs and into the water.

And so the reign of the wolves was over.

The Game has ended.

Wolves win.

You may now start post-game discussion.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #759
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bah.

Good job though wolves! I'm sad the village couldn't pull it together but you all did well.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #760
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
None of you listened to the seer. She voted Brinn who turned out to be a wolf and voted to guard me who turned out to be innocent. Instead I got lynched and the wolf walked. Funny situation.

Congratulations to all you wolves. Congrats Nilp at escaping my notice the longest. The day after my death I began to suspect you as a gifted. I knew you were a wolf last night when Wilwa was lynched. I realized there was no way you were the ranger. Inziladun I truly thought you were innocent on the day that we lynched you. Greenie I suspected you for a while but not that much. I originally thought Brinn might be a wolf because of the lynch vote on day one.