The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #41
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Sally, Nooooooooo!

Tol-In-Gaurhoth is Sauron's keep, not a werewolf game...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #42
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Sally, Nooooooooo!

That is what I had in mind for that one, but hey...successful job of convincing to look at it as the WW game.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #43
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Sally, Nooooooooo!

Association is 9/10 of the victory.

I'm still cross it was Phantom's pick though. Lord knows I don't want to give him any points.

EDIT: x'd with my prince
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #44
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
But I wished it otherwise for the matter at hand.

Thanks, Sally.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #45
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Round 2

ROUND 2

Green tater: Deadly (fatal, lethal, murderous)
Judge: Nogrod

Everyone should have 7 still. If you deleted/don't know what you have, I've got the list of everyone's current red taters. So PM me and I'll send yours. Otherwise, PM with your choice in 24 hours.

Tally

the phantom - 1 (Honest)

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-20-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #46
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Kudos to the phantom...

And then "deadly"...

Uhh... 24 hours until any action.

For possible future editions of the game I'd suggest considering the light multi-tasking of the judge thinking & the players making their possible arguments during the same 24 hour cycle people pick their choice for the next round - as the first is done publicly whilst the other is a PM job.

It shouldn't be too tough on anyone but the game would move on a bit faster.

Or then I should only learn to hold my horses.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #47
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
They are, instead, the ones who put their furry arm around your fleshy shoulder, tell you they trust you, and then bite you as you're going in for the snuggle.
This.

Noggie, maybe for the meantime you need a way to remind the players constantly that Nogrod is a place, not...whatever adjective you might prefer not to be associated with.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #48
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Noggie, maybe for the meantime you need a way to remind the players constantly that Nogrod is a place, not...whatever adjective you might prefer not to be associated with.
Touché!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #49
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nog, do you mean PM me the Round 3 selection as the Round 2 judging is going on?

Hmm...I had not thought about that, but since I have it planned and laid out in Excel, we could actually do that starting with the Round 2 judging tomorrow. (Assuming no one objects, because it would really cut down on this dragging too long. And it wouldn't be too much of a burden on anyone, since it is only send me a PM in 24 hours).

I think we'll go ahead and do that. When I open up the judging and post the options tomorrow, I'll also post the Round 3 word and judge. That way while the judging phase is going on and people are making arguments. You can also PM me your Round 3 choice. This would cut down on a lot of the wait, while still keeping it a fair amount of time for everyone to send in their choices.

Sound good?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #50
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fine with me. It would indeed cut a lot of waiting time, and the game will be more efficient.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #51
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

You can expect me to agree on the proposal Boro...

Anyway, for a normal player (not the judge on that round) it would mean needing to check in once in every 24 hours and send your pick for the next round by PM to Boro. Then it would be up to anyone if they wished to engage in the conversation on the ongoing round or not.

Although I think it would be nicer to have more of the conversation than on that first round - not perhaps more posts by individual players (I think I had three) but a wider selection, like most people saying at least something. I mean at least to me, that's the fun in this, not the selections in the end - or who wins - by themself.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #52
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And now Round 2 judging. Nogrod here are your choices for "Deadly." You know the drill.

Eowyn
Gaffer Gamgee
Glaurung
Gandalf the White
Forweg
Gothmog (balrog)
Mount Doom
Ancalagon
Sting
Carcharoth

Discuss.

*Note some have exceeded their inbox and I couldn't get any reminders to. Nothing I could do, but I suppose I could extend for an extra hour or so. PM me with your choice for Round 2, and I'll add it to the list, for Nogrod's consideration. (It will be up to him though if he wants to accept the late choices).

-----

But also...to cut down on some of the unnecessary waiting, PM me your round 3 selections in the next 24 hours:

ROUND 3

Green tater: Neglected (ignored, disregarded, rejected)
Judge: Wilwa

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-21-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #53
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
And now Round 2 judging. Nogrod here are your choices for "Deadly." You know the drill.

Eowyn
Gaffer Gamgee
Glaurung
Gandalf the White
Forweg
Gothmog (balrog)
Mount Doom
Ancalagon
Hmm... this is, well, interesting to make a conservative estimate of the choices.

I need to mull these over later today and then sleep on this. Meanwhile the stage is yours to tell me why I should pick this or that.

Quote:
*Note some have exceeded their inbox and I couldn't get any reminders to. Nothing I could do, but I suppose I could extend for an extra hour or so. PM me with your choice for Round 2, and I'll add it to the list, for Nogrod's consideration. (It will be up to him though if he wants to accept the late choices).
Surely: late choices will be considered - especially in this horrible situation...

Although I will have to make my decicion tomorrow about two hours before the DL as I have choir-rehersals beginning at one hour before.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #54
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Talk about a tough choice.

Although Gaffer Gamgee can be eliminated right away, and Forweg wasn't nearly as dangerous as the others on the list.

I'd say Mount Doom, Gothmog, and the dragons are probably the deadliest, then Gandalf, then Eowyn.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #55
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
But since Gandalf the White came back from death, he should probably be considered the opposite of dead...ly.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

One thing we could do is make a tally of each one's kills, but I think in the end it's going to be more about the prominence and widespread impact of the kill(s) than the number. Ancalagon was the mightiest of the dragons, but Glaurung's indirect "kills" are kind of more relevant to us since we're given a more detailed account of what he did. He might not have killed Tśrin or Nienna directly, but his actions significantly contributed to their deaths. Gothmog killed 2 High Kings of the Noldor, Fėanor and Fingon. Mount Doom "killed" Gollum and the Ring, which ushered the end of an age. Eowyn killed the Witch King, an act that most people then probably thought impossible, not to mention it crippled Sauron's forces and psychological edge somewhat. Gandalf...is a lot of things, but I'm personally not as ready to associate deadly with him as with the others on the list. I will unabashedly admit that I cannot remember who Forweg was.

Based on this, it's Glaurung, Gothmog, and Mount Doom for me (in no particular order - at least for now). More thoughts when I wake up.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #57
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Maybe even more important than the prominence or impact of the kills would be the strength/relative deadliness of the person killed? Which probably puts Gothmog or Eowyn at the top of the list.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #58
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Good point, Gwath. That does make Eowyn one deadly chick. In Gothmog's case, one could argue that First-Age, Light-of-the-Two-Trees Noldorin Elves cannot be that much stronger than a Balrog, but he was slain by Ecthelion. Also, Mount Doom is now a wimp that cannot pick on somebody its own size. (Edit: Only in Gollum's case. For the One Ring, maybe not.)

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #59
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

After sifting through the PMs...just to make note here.

Sting and Carcharoth have been added, and that should be it for this round.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I can say, I do not envy Nog at the moment. This one will probably come down to the arguments, which I have to admit can be an interesting dynamic to this on-line version.

As someone alluded to before, in the live A2A, you sort of just make a snap decision in a minute, based on whatever immediately makes the most sense to you.

At first, I thought about just being the lone judge, and that way there would be no reason to keep it anonymous...just post everything here and convince me with arguments.

But the major part of the interest (at least for me) in A2A is the rotation of players judging. You really have to think how each person is going to interpret the round, and the words played...it's quite fantastic, and I couldn't remove that part of the game.

Long story short...I hope this is as amusing for you, as it is for me so far.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #61
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
But since Gandalf the White came back from death, he should probably be considered the opposite of dead...ly.
But Gandalf was a war monger. What's more deadly than that? Countless lives were lost because of him.

And then there's Eowyn. You all know the damage she caused with her behavior. The Witch-King was only out for a stroll. Though Gandalf's history books tell a different story.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #62
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Sting and Carcharoth probably both have pretty decent kill counts themselves. Someone should tally those up.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #63
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sting. A truly deadly sword.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #64
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Sting wounded the cave troll, whose hide notched Boromir's blade. Plus all those countless victims during the Gondolin wars. And Shelob, the last child of Ungoliant the Great herself!

And if we're judging the entries by their enemies and victims, Carcharoth certainly gets some points. Huan...Beren...and then there's the Silmaril which he freaking ate. Not a lot of people can say that.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #65
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I was first thinking of Gaffer Gamgee and his killing humours, or Forweg who managed to be deadly on himself... but yes, maybe there just isn't that last tint of humour there that would have made them excellent choices over the more deadly ones.

Also, Mount Doom seems to score quite low with me right now. It is decisive, it is great, it is remarkable, great, powerful etc. and the forcing of the ring there brought on a lot of death and the destroying of it as well, but I'd still say it was the ring and it's maker, not the forge itself as such, that was deadly. And like Lhūna said, you should be courageous enough to pick someone of your size in the first place...

I'm also not so keen on counting the numbers of the deaths but rather the "quality or the execution of them" - if it can be phrased that way.

At the moment I tend to favour Sting, Gandalf the White, Gothmog, Carcaroth - followed by the dragons.

Eowyn was deadly to the Witch King but to none other. Here I think the quality over quantity argument doesn't fit...

Had there been "the oath of Fėanor" or "Hśrin's bane" on offer, I would have picked them immediately.

Talking of which, one could say that the company of Gandalf the White is deadly as if you follow him you follow death springing forwards wherever he goes...

Well, I have to sleep on this.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #66
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Eowyn- She killed the Witch King... after a Hobbit rendered him killable and paralyzed with a magical anti-Nazgul sword.

Gaffer Gamgee- The obvious humor choice here- his ridiculous sayings would certainly cause one to die a little inside whenever uttered.

Glaurung- Legit deadly. Killed tons of Elves/Men/Dwarves before Angband's gates and at Nargothrond.

Gandalf the White- Certainly deadly, but didn't deal death nearly so much as those that enjoyed it. But I suppose the two issues are separate. He's legit (though I'd rank Glaurung ahead).

Forweg- The leader of a band of outlaws ought to be worthy of consideration, but not next to Glaurung I should think.

Mount Doom- Ooo, interesting... It was used to cover the armies of Mordor in their deadly invasions, and used to forge the deadly Ring, and look at what all the Ring did! Not a conventional choice perhaps, but certainly a fitting one.

Ancalagon- Another dragon! Glaurung was the father of the race, but Ancalagon might've been the deadliest. Of course we cannot know for certain as he was relatively short-lived and his first mission was his last. Picking him would have to be based upon potential and reputation rather than deeds.

Sting- It was put to excellent use in Mirkwood and again at Cirith Ungol, but I don't think killing spiders catapults Sting into the realm of Ancalagon and the like. By that logic we could nominate a fly-swatter.

Carcharoth- He did kill Beren. Except that Beren didn't die permanently. He did kill Huan though, but that point is balanced by Huan killing him in return. Like Ancalagon, it seems he wasn't allowed free realm to use his skills, so it'd be a pick based upon potential rather than deeds once again.

Gothmog (balrog)- Perhaps the deadliest on the list, The Lord of Balrogs- busy killing things from the moment it was possible to do so. Though he had all kinds of help, he still gets the notoriety of striking the death blow on the King of the Noldor twice (Feanor & Fingon), plus the countless Elves and Men (and whatever) he cut down during battles/wars.

So for my money, Gothmog and Glaurung are the top choices, with Mount Doom as a nice outside-the-box choice, and Gaffer as the RL choice I'd make just because it makes me laugh.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #67
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Eowyn - it could be argued that she herself was the deadly one, whereas the mighty warriors' deadliness came from their skills and weapons, not an innate quality within themselves. Eowyn, however, was in a way fated to kill the Witch-King - no one else had the power to do so. To the Witch-King, Eowyn was the only deadly one.

Gaffer Gamgee - I'm having a hard time seeing him as deadly, I must admit.

Glaurung - not just deadly, but with a added evil spice to it. Deadly plus, if you will.

Gandalf the White - Gandalf was deadly more in a theoretical way than in a bash-in-heads way, I think. Sure, he killed some guys, but more importantly, he was deadly to Sauron's plans.

Forweg - deadly? Maybe 'slimy' or 'nasty' - he doesn't seem like the kind of guy I'd like to hang around, but also not so very fearsome in battle.

Mount Doom - dangerous, perhaps, but not deadly.

Ancalagon - supposedly the most powerful dragon ever, but we don't see it. Moreover, when talking about him, we get quotes like "nor was there ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring" - so, basically, this dragon, too, is dangerous but was never proven to be deadly.

Sting - going by the Eowyn logic, Sting, too, possessed a certain amount of innate deadliness that, for me, sets it apart from the warriors in this list. Sting, however, does require a wielder in order to be deadly, which somewhat negates its innate deadliness.

Carcharoth - dangerous, for sure, and deadly to all sorts of little elf-soldiers - but not so deadly the time we see the most of him, so I'm not all that inclined to think him especially deadly.

Gothmog - I would say Gothmog is deadly in all senses of the word. Killing things left and right, that one, and not just the sort of evil dude to kill little elf-soldiers by the dozens only to flop when he gets to a main character - no, Gothmog doesn't care if his foe is himself deadly, he just goes right ahead with the killing.

Gothmog, for me, is definitely tops, followed by Eowyn and Gandalf.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #68
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Regarding Ancalagon's deadliness, I think he should still rank above Glaurung. Ancalagon, though not as significant storywise, was still the greatest of the dragons and should be recognized as such. And even though he didn't cause as many main character deaths as Glaurung, there were no doubt plenty of deaths during the War of Wrath that can be attributed to Ancalagon.

Speaking of the War of Wrath, I believe that the winged dragons led by Ancalagon were enough to make even the Valar retreat, even after fighting through the rest of Morgoth's army (which probably included Balrogs). Were it not for Earendil, the battle could still have gone to Morgoth thanks to Ancalagon.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #69
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Not willing to go into the discussion as whether Ancalagon's potential should be more deadly than what Glaurung actually did, or whether Gothmog would outweigh them in deadliness - and where would Carcaroth then fall on this line - I need to set all these great candidates aside.

Had someone suggested separately whether any one of them would be a good card to play for "deadly" I would have agreed enthusiastically that you had a fitting card indeed - but too many of them just messes one's head.

Even if I kind of liked Lottie's idea about Eowyn's innate deadliness, I must discard Eowyn as well. It's true The Witch King could be killed by "no man", but then conversely it means he could have been killed by "any woman"...

Leaving Mount Doom, Gaffer and Forweg out from consideration on grounds I made already before I'm left with Sting and Gandalf the White then.

Sting is a deadly weapon indeed, a cave troll and Shelob learned that. But it just doesn't feel like being enough.

Gandalf the White, then again, draw death around him anywhere he went being responsible for thousands of deaths all over the place: where he rode, death and distruction followed. Also as Gandalf the White he sure was a deadly combatant also in himself: he killed a balrog as a grey version, so what could he have done as White one? It's hard to see many who could have gotten alive from his hands if there was a fight.

So without further ado... (Needs to go to choir rehersals)

++ Gandalf the White
Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #70
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Who played Gaffer? I would've picked it.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #71
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And the Round 2 winner is...

Kitanna.

Congrats, according to this game, you are deadly.

Can continue discussing this round for about an hour and a half. (And anyone else who wants to reveal what they sent in may do so if they desire).

Edit: And this round I was sooo tempted to post quotes and tidbits for arguments. Particularly Gandalf saying he is indeed perilous and mighty, even though "Black is mightier still." It might look like Gandalf is showing humility in this sense, but really he's just saying "I can whoop anyone who isn't Sauron right now" ...of course to do this would be a major violation of my duties.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-22-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #72
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
And anyone else who wants to reveal what they sent in may do so if they desire.
I played...

*drum roll*

Nothing!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #73
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Even if I kind of liked Lottie's idea about Eowyn's innate deadliness, I must discard Eowyn as well. It's true The Witch King could be killed by "no man", but then conversely it means he could have been killed by "any woman"...
So close! I, of course, played Eowyn.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #74
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Played Gothmog. Too bad we don't go by votes. Or by the phantom's choice.

Oddly enough, I had a bad feeling I won't win when a lot of you (well, us) chose him.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #75
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Round 3

?Ugh lost track of time sorry everyone.

First the tally...

the phantom - 1 (Honest)
Kitanna - 1 (Deadly)

---

ROUND 3.

Wilwa, your choices for "Neglected" are...

"The Bath Song"
Merry Brandybuck
King of the Dead
Halls of Mandos
Weathertop
Celebrimbor
Cats of Beruthiel
Entwives
The Party Tree
Radagast
The Lonely Mountain

---

And PM your reds for Round 4 by this time tomorrow.

Green tater: Insane (psychotic, deranged, mad)
Judge: Galadriel55

*Oh and if it was sort of confusing, any previous round discussion is fine too...like if anyone wants to reveal what their red tater was for any of the past rounds, not a problem. Simply because we're onto Round 3, does not mean you all previous round talk has to end.*
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #76
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Neglected synonyms: abandoned, affronted, cast aside, decayed, declined, deferred, depreciated, deserted, despised, deteriorated, disdained, dismissed, disregarded, evaded, forgotten, ignored, lapsed, omitted, overlooked, passed over, postponed, scorned, shunned, spurned, tossed aside, unconsidered, underestimated, undervalued, unheeded, unused, unwanted, unwatched
Old 08-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #77
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Merry, at the Pelennor Fields. Brilliant choice. The Lonely Mountain gave me a chuckle.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #78
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Don't strike me as neglected-

"The Bath Song"- Not sung enough these days?
Merry Brandybuck- One instance isn't enough for me.
Halls of Mandos- Plenty of visitors.
The Party Tree- Umm, it was totally invited to parties.
Celebrimbor- Had a following and was buds with Dwarves and Elves.
Cats of Beruthiel- Beruthiel saw to them.

THE CONTENDERS-

Radagast- I can see this one being argued but I think his isolation was self-imposed.

Weathertop- Once a great watch-tower, but then fell into ruin and only the occasional Ranger drops by. I'd say it qualifies.

Entwives- Their hubbies didn't care about their hobbies and didn't visit often enough, and eventually got "lost". Yep, that qualifies.

King of the Dead- Cursed by Isildur and then soundly ignored for about 3,000 years until Aragorn. Certainly qualifies.

The Lonely Mountain- Ha ha! Actually had indwellers and such so not legitimately neglected, but the name carries it in my book. If we were playing in RL I'd probably pick it in the midst of my giggles.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #79
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

If I would have been the judge I would have so picked Entwives, cause it just cracks me up. The Lonely Mountain is quite brilliant too, and quite funny. And I can picture the neglected Halls of Mandos looking quite awful, which is pretty funny. After all, those Halls have ages and ages of use on them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Who played Gaffer? I would've picked it.
I did, hehe.

Edit: xed with tp
Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #80
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Lonely Mountain. Nice.