The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #1561
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just to give everyone a bit of a reminder. *poke*
Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #1562
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

New page, so I'll post the list again.

- Boris Bungley and his amazing singing teeth (Write)
- Lommy (Draw)
- Adaneth (Write)
- Oddwen (Draw)
- A Little Green (Write)
- Laurinquë (Draw)
- Blind Guardian (Write)
- Pitchwife (Draw)
- TheGreatElvenWarrior (Write)
- Loslote (Draw)
- Diamond (Write)
- Legate (Draw)
- Rune (Write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Mnemosyne (Write)
- satansaloser2005 (Draw)
- Nogrod (Write)
- Eönwë (Draw)
- wilwarin538 (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- elronds_daughter (write)
- Durelin (Draw)
- Beregond (Write)

- TheGreatElvenWarrior (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- A Little Green (Draw)
- Oddwen (Write)
- Blind Guardian (Draw)
- Laurinquë (Write)
- Nogrod (Draw)
- Pitchwife (Write)
- Diamond (Draw)
- Loslote (Write)
- Rune (Draw)
- Legate (Write)
- wilwarin538 (Draw)
- Aganzir (Write)
- Mnemosyne (Draw)
- satansaloser2005 (Write)
- Beregond (draw)
- Eönwë (Write)
- Galadriel55 (Draw)
- Volo (Write)
- Adaneth (Draw)

- Durelin (Write)

Not that long left to go!

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 09-13-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #1563
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just as a note it appears Adaneth last visited on January 28th...I looked them up because I didn't recognize the name... Here's hoping we haven't scared them away completely.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #1564
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Just as a note it appears Adaneth last visited on January 28th...I looked them up because I didn't recognize the name... Here's hoping we haven't scared them away completely.
Hmm. I'll make sure to contact them beforehand to see if they're still happy to join the game...
Old 05-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #1565
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Phew! We're moving again! But I think the next PT should be shorter. We want fun sooner!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #1566
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If there is someone who disappeared and who needs their place filled, I could do it. But only if.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #1567
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
If there is someone who disappeared and who needs their place filled, I could do it. But only if.
Good plan!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #1568
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Behold! The end is nigh!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #1569
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
Behold! The end is nigh!
I'm assuming that by that you mean about another six months!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #1570
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I'm assuming that by that you mean about another six months!
Give or take, yeah.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #1571
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
If need be, throw my name on there where ever I am needed. Gives me a reason to try out my tablet.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #1572
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, I wonder which of the PTs has been taking long, the one two rounds ago, which was accused of being too "lenient", or this one, which many (or at least me) expected to try to be "swift and merciless"... Inns make delays, but...

Anyway, I am just warning you that I am the next one in line and since I have been so for already more than a week, I need to remark: I can write my sentence rather quickly when it comes. But if my turn does not come for another week, I might not be able to write it for another few weeks after that, as I will be in the middle of a desert by then (literally). Just a warning
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #1573
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Just keep poking Rune until he moves.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #1574
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Looks like it wasn't necessary. So, we should be on the move again! I am... curious.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #1575
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I am... curious.
Is that a hint on how bizzare it became?

And by the way, I noticed that during previous PTs there were some hints that judging by the comentary were references to Doctor Who. If there are any this time, I won't be able to understand them (since I don't watch it), so please don't get mad at me.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #1576
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Is that a hint on how bizzare it became?
Possibly...

Quote:
And by the way, I noticed that during previous PTs there were some hints that judging by the comentary were references to Doctor Who. If there are any this time, I won't be able to understand them (since I don't watch it), so please don't get mad at me.
I think there are many hints to many different things randomly depending on the various posters, but I think most people don't get all of them.* I don't understand for instance Doctor Who either and I have never despaired because of that.

*As if you could "get" much stuff in PT in general...
Old 06-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #1577
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
*As if you could "get" much stuff in PT in general...
True...
Old 06-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #1578
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Don't worry. There are enough non-sequiturs in there that any references to anything are lost in a pile of craziness.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #1579
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Don't worry. There are enough non-sequiturs in there that any references to anything are lost in a pile of craziness.
As it should be.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #1580
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Does any one know if wilwarin538 has vanished or something? I'm getting no response from PMs, is all.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #1581
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Does any one know if wilwarin538 has vanished or something? I'm getting no response from PMs, is all.
That's not good! I will be away at camp for 2 weeks starting on the 10th with no internet access. That means that I have to get the sentence real soon!

Maybe I should PM Glirdan to tell Wilwa...

Or, there's still hope that Adaneth will reappear...
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #1582
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Have you tried to contact her via Facebook? That's oftentimes quicker with those people who don't hang at the 'Downs that actively.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #1583
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I threatened to attack her with cupcakes if she didn't get on with it.

....Perhaps that wasn't the best incentive. >.<
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #1584
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Have you tried to contact her via Facebook? That's oftentimes quicker with those people who don't hang at the 'Downs that actively.
I'd forgotten I have her on Facebook! Stupid me!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #1585
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I threatened to attack her with cupcakes if she didn't get on with it.

....Perhaps that wasn't the best incentive. >.<

Sounds like an awesome incentive to me! *nom nom*

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #1586
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
...So, another year yet, do you think?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #1587
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'm about to leave, and I still haven't received a sentence to draw, so I'm afraid I'll have to take my words back about replacing Adaneth...
Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #1588
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
I'm about to leave, and I still haven't received a sentence to draw, so I'm afraid I'll have to take my words back about replacing Adaneth...
I'll just move you down in the list and see how it goes...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #1589
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I did send a PM to Adaneth a month ago and got no reply. So, for now, I'll move on and see what happens...
Old 07-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #1590
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

All right! I'm back, and ready to draw whatever crazyness has been built up!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #1591
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Okay, guys, Mnemosyne did the task but since I'm in Finland away from my computer I can't reallly continue properly. We'll be moving on to satansaloser2005 on Sunday, I expect.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #1592
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

So, apparently elronds_daughter wasn't responding to my PMs (and hasn't been on the Downs for several months)... So I'm moving on. Beregond, get your eyes ready to be shocked by the sentence!!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #1593
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Passing it on to Eönwë, with apologies. No one should have to witness such things.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #1594
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

It's getting close to my turn, I gotta get my scanner working... Do I just send the pic to Hooky and Volo (next in line)?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #1595
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
It's getting close to my turn, I gotta get my scanner working... Do I just send the pic to Hooky and Volo (next in line)?
Sending it to Hookbill should suffice, he'll pass it on to Volo. That's what the mod is for.

I find it hard to understand we've moved so little - it's literally ages since I wrote my sentence! The good thing about that is, it's going to be more fun to see the finished PT because I have absolutely no idea what's been happening in it.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #1596
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I find it hard to understand we've moved so little - it's literally ages since I wrote my sentence! The good thing about that is, it's going to be more fun to see the finished PT because I have absolutely no idea what's been happening in it.
It's mostly my fault. I keep forgetting the chase people up for it!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #1597
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Done. Onto G55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
Passing it on to Eönwë, with apologies. No one should have to witness such things.
You've scarred me for life.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #1598
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Done. Onto G55!
I'm on to it. Should be done by Wednesday, when I will have access to a scanner. Don't expect Picasso. Or, expect Picasso and all be disappointed.

Edit: change of heart. I took a picture. On it goes! (I'm sorry for the messiness, Volo)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 09-12-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #1599
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

We are at an interesting point, here, guys! Adaneth is next on the list, but they haven't been on the Downs since 28th of January. Last time they came up for a turn there was no response. But there are no more drawers left.

As I see it, there are four options...

1) PM Adaneth anyway and give them a few weeks to respond.
2) Pick a new player to draw our last picture
3) Get Durelin to switch to drawing again or
4) Finish it now.

What do you guys think? I'll PM Adaneth now, asking if they're prepared to do a PT...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #1600
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Please don't wait weeks...