The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting TTT Movie Lovers Club! JOIN NOW!

I was disgraced to find so many people on the Barrow Downs endlessly complaining about the movie! IT ROCKED! You should not have expected it straight from the book! The books were written in the earlier part of the 1900s! It is now the twenty first century! The LOTR movies had so much time, effort and MONEY put into them to make the movies last through the generations! The VERY LARGE amount of money spent on this film must be earned back, plus, they must make a profit or all the companies and people behind these movies would be ruined! They had to change the story to be accepted and VERY WELL LIKED by a 21st century audience! You should not look at these movies as the books but as NORMAL MOVIES! The ones that were movies first and then people wrote graphic novels about! The books written by J.R.R Tolkien were so different, they were beautiful books, so seperate from all others and it will always be that way, that is why the movies can not be like the book! The books are so noble, they are above movies and videogames! They can not be taken and made into an exact replica movie! I LOVED the movie, it was THE BEST! Better than the first! The Two Towers film, which has hit box office records making second only to Star Wars: A New Hope I should add, needs help on this message board! Those who loved it, join me in this quest!<p>[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn2002 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragorn2002
count me in!
________
Cat exercise wheel

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Aragorn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:23 PM   #3
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Thankyou! Knew I would find people! Glad to have you!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:25 PM   #4
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

It was the best movie I've seen in ages.
________
Hurt from zoloft

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:26 PM   #5
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Nalana has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nalana
Sting

Count me in as well. I loved the movie!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:27 PM   #6
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

3 members already!
________
tits Cams

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:28 PM   #7
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Thankyou, I thought it was better than the first one. It was darker, there was more action, and Gollum was cool. Oh, and you can't forget the Ents, they were so AWESOME!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:29 PM   #8
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Cool, this is going better than I thought it would!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:29 PM   #9
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

heck it was better than the 1st one!<BR>I'm getting TTT video game for X-mas!
________
MERCEDES-BENZ SSK SPECIFICATIONS

Old 12-20-2002, 09:30 PM   #10
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

What did you think it was going to be?
________
Uggs

Old 12-20-2002, 09:31 PM   #11
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Already got the video game! It's cool, my brother already got to the last level though! I'm pretty good but he has more experience! I thought people would yell at me, my movements and clubs and stuff always kind of go wrong! Sometimes they get me in trouble! Well, I should expect Coral soon, I saw the movie with her both times I saw it and she of course loved it! And I should expect my other friend who I saw it with too, I think her name is Havaday or something, she told me she just registered here, I think to help me out!<p>[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #12
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Really?!?<BR>tell me every level lol.
________
EXPERT INSURANCE

Old 12-20-2002, 09:34 PM   #13
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

Count me among your numbers as I thought this movie <B>rocked</B>!!!<P>I <B>LOVED</B> <I>The Two Towers</I>!!!<p>[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:36 PM   #14
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

four members!
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:38 PM   #15
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Explaining every level would take WAY TOO LONG! It's a complicated game, and I don't want to ruin it for you! Only 5 days till Christmas! Thankyou Arathiriel! Join us! You know, I've started an official members list so I won't forget anyone!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:39 PM   #16
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

No, just tell me the levels, like the names of the places, or what you do.
________
FREE XXX TRAILERS

Old 12-20-2002, 09:44 PM   #17
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Gotta go! I'll be back tomorrow, I'll check in more often now that I'm on Christmas break! Yeah! Bye!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:44 PM   #18
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Okay, it starts with you as I think Isildur at the Last Alliance, then your Aragorn at Weathertop, then you star being able to be Aragorn Legolas or Gimli. There's the Gates of Moria, then the Mines of Moria, then Amon Hen, then Fangorn, then three Edoras levels (aren't in the movie really) then three Helms Deep levels, those are awesome, but not as good as the movie! And you open up interviews and stuff as you improve your people. And there are secret missions and a secret character. Haven't got those open yet though!
Old 12-20-2002, 09:46 PM   #19
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

If you beat the game with Aragorn, you get Islidor<P>Beat the Orthanic Level with leglas and ulock Legolas secret level<P>Beat game with Legolas unlock interview with orlando bloom. <P>If you need anymore codes, just give a yell.
________
LovelyWendie

Old 12-20-2002, 09:53 PM   #20
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Well, it wasn't even written a century or more ago, but still, it was a long time ago. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> You should not look at these movies as the books but as NORMAL MOVIES! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You cannot look at these movies as normal moies. They were based on the books and PJ said he was bringing the books to the screen. He said he was going to follow the books as much as he could. LIAR! If I only had a picture of him with his pants on fire. He could change somethings if he needed to, but these changes were unnecessary and too immense. I did not expect to see the movie as an exact replica of the books and I don't think that anyone did. The thing is that we didn't think that it would be changed that much.<P>I liked the movie, but I didn't love it. I have many criticisms about it and there were many things that I hate about it. I thought it was a good movie, but I still hate it in a way. So, do not count me in.<P>Seems like you don't have many members. Just something to think about, not to offend you.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:25 PM   #21
Have a day
Pile O'Bones

Have a day has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Have a day
Sting

I thought the movie was awesome and I AM CORAL DAMNIT! >< Not my sister who stole my account and is stuck with the name Coral! This is me! And person that posted that thing contridicting what my friend wrote, you need to just go away. You don't come into something to dump on it. AND WHO CARES HOW MANY ME- Don't get me started. I'll go on this huge rant and nobody needs it. AND HEY RACH! ^^

"There once was an alliance between the preps and the punks..." From my unholy mockery 'Lord of the scrunchie'
Have a day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:38 PM   #22
ReededGoat
Animated Skeleton

ReededGoat has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Look, it should never be 100% either way...it's good and normal to enjoy something but still have lots of criticism. To spend time considering the film enough to have criticisms is to be respectful to the time and effort put into making the film.
ReededGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:40 PM   #23
Have a day
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Constructive criticism you mean? Not mindless bashing? People get the lines on those two blurred a lot.

"There once was an alliance between the preps and the punks..." From my unholy mockery 'Lord of the scrunchie'
Old 12-20-2002, 11:50 PM   #24
ReededGoat
Animated Skeleton

ReededGoat has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

mindless bashing (bashing = a base form of criticism) is an oxymoron.
ReededGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:58 PM   #25
Have a day
Pile O'Bones

Sting

But constructive criticism is a way of helping the person learn from their mistakes. Bashing ones work is just saying something is bad with no facts to support what you have said.

Old 12-21-2002, 02:25 AM   #26
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Stay on topic. The topic laid out by the site, not by the thread, even.
Sharkû is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 06:11 AM   #27
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Have you noticed this is called TTT Movie Lovers Club?!? If you're not going to join, don't post.
________
Chrysler new yorker

Old 12-21-2002, 07:55 AM   #28
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Calm down guys. Before we start screaming at eachother and getting this thread closed lets stand our ground rationally. Here are the facts:<P>These movies are based on J.R.R. Tolkien's works and are therefore different then other movies.<P>These movies are being made for more then Tolkien fans and therefore must beable to satisfy all.<P>PJ did say he would try to stay as close as his could to the books.<P>PJ did say he took the most librities in TTT.<P>Some of the changes do seem irrational.<P>I don't think PJ would do a change just for the sake of it. I beleive he has a reason for everything in these movies. Something he wants to protray.<P>The people here on the Barrowdowns do seem to be a bit rough on PJ.<P>In order for us few who loved the movie to change the minds of or at least get the attention and respect of the other members we must not riot or do anything disrespecfull. We must hold our ground with examples and information to back up the reasons why this movie (TTT) was worth all our money and time.<P>The air of dissapointment around the Downs has been getting me down. I loved the movie and want to join a group who's on my side.<P>COUNT ME IN.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:26 AM   #29
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Nalana has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nalana
Sting

Rose Cotton, I agree with you 100%!!! I feel just the same way. Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie, and I can't wait to see it again! <BR> <p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: Nalana ]
Old 12-21-2002, 10:07 AM   #30
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

I will have no more movie bashing on MY thread! Grrrrr! Nice to see you Coral (Have a day) Glad you're here! And welcome Rose Cotton! Thankyou for trying to keep some control! And thankyou Aragorn and Coral for backing up the movie! Cool! 6 members! <p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 12-21-2002, 10:33 AM   #31
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

If anyone knows someone here who liked the movie, please tell them about this club! Thanks again!<P>~*Durelin*~
Old 12-21-2002, 10:38 AM   #32
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Count me in! TTT was the best movie this year! I even liked the parts at Osgalath(sp?). "And that's saying something."<P>Two Towers was even better than FOTR. It's weird how some people on this site crticize the sence that weren't in the book. Sure, PJ make changes, but they were great changes.<P>Can't wait for ROTK!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 10:43 AM   #33
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Thankyou Tealdude! Yes, 7 members! I'm glad PJ put the elves in Helms Deep, it didn't make elves seem so heartless as people who haven't read the books would think. How long do you think this club should go on, should it go to the ROTK and then switch over to the new movie lovers club (I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like that one too), or should we combine the two as TTT and TROTK Movie Lovers Club? Any suggestions members, I will take anything just to keep this club alive!<BR> <p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 12-21-2002, 10:59 AM   #34
Maleliel

Thumbs up

I'll join your club because I thought the movie rocked as well!!! COUNT ME IN!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 11:03 AM   #35
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

8 members...maybe I should stop counting... Thankyou! I've been using that word a lot too, oh well, I'm just a polite person <BR> <p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 12-21-2002, 01:52 PM   #36
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I'm in the club! Heck yeah! I am so grateful that I live in a time when Tolkien is so appreciated and so beuatifully brought to life in the films by Peter Jackson. Bravo!
Old 12-21-2002, 01:59 PM   #37
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

o.O I'm still #9! You see, my damn sister left her account on! This is gonna be too confusing
Old 12-21-2002, 02:51 PM   #38
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

Sorry sister of mine! Not my fault I WAS ON THE BOARDS FIRST! ^.^ But staying on topic I'd like to say that the more members the better!
Old 12-21-2002, 02:58 PM   #39
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As I said from the very start, Ilike this movie a lot. Yes, I can find things I don't totally agree with, but overall, it's great.
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:26 PM   #40
Marillanna Sarnie
Pile O'Bones

Marillanna Sarnie has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hey, count me in! <BR>I LOVED the movie, and I say it was worth waiting for six hours in line for the 12:05 show on the 18th.(Got the best seats in the theatre!) I don't agree with all the changes, but it's LOTR: The Movies not LOTR: The Books. It can't be perfect. The movie was stunning in every way! Gollum is the best CGI character ever! There are so many positive things about the movie, that I can handle the changes that were made.