The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #2041
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
...and A, please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #2042
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Our/ sh--/ -s/ not/ -u-- _-a--n/. On-/ -or-/ on-y/ --/ -ay/ --ar/. -o--! -or/ your/ -ays/ ar-/ s-----n-/."
Old 08-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #2043
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Finally! I located it after figuring out that the second word could be "ship":
Quote:
Our ship is not full-laden.
One more only we may bear.
Come! For your days are speeding.
Is that an invitation to a cruise?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #2044
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yes, but only on Lake Zürich
Old 08-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #2045
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

This one could tell us something about our favorite barrow:
Quote:
---'-- -----_------- -- ---- ------ ---- --- -- ---- ---- --------.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #2046
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

O please
Old 08-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #2047
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O yes

-o-'-- -----_------- -o ---- ------ --o- --- -- ---- -o-- --------.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #2048
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about R ?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #2049
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O R

-o-'r- -----_------- -o ---- ------ -ro- --- -- ---- -o-- --r-----.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #2050
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

and now some T, please!

(PS: I like your signature, Esty! Is it from one of the letters?)
Old 08-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #2051
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"e"s, please.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:53 PM   #2052
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ E T

-o-'re --t--_----te- to te-- --e--- -ro- -e- -- t--- -o-- --r--e--.

My signature quote comes from Tolkien's comments on Smith of Wootton Major, included in the extended edition of the book, edited by Verlyn Flieger.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #2053
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Tídwald to Torhthelm:

"You're witch-sighted
to tell fiends from men in this foul darkness."

(@Esty: I've seen that book in my English bookshop, but it seemed a bit expensive... But if you can tell me that it's worth it, I might buy it.)
Old 08-29-2006, 02:46 AM   #2054
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Absolutely correct, as always, Guinevere! I don't know how you do it...

(Yes, the book is expensive because it's hardback; I have no idea if it will be released in paperback. It's worth the price to me because I find the additional material very interesting. Tolkien's essay, not published elsewhere as far as I know, is wonderful to read!)
Old 08-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #2055
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Quote:
I don't know how you do it...
Perhaps I'm witch-sighted (Honestly: it's just lucky guessing!)

"----------/ -----------/! -/ ---/ -------/ ----/ ---/ ---/ -------/ --/."
Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #2056
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

"Let's start from the very beginning..." Somehow I'm in a "Sound of Music" mood! At any rate, let's try the first letter of the alphabet: A, please.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #2057
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"A---------/ -a---------/! -/ ---/ --a----/ --a-/ ---/ a--/ -------/ a-/."
Old 08-30-2006, 06:41 AM   #2058
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I, please. (I'm going to get that single letter at the beginning of the second sentence!)
Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #2059
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"A---------/ -a--i-i----/! I/ ---/ --a----/ --a-/ ---/ a--/ ----i--/ a-/."
Old 08-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #2060
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S, please.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:26 AM   #2061
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"A-s-------/ -a--i-i----/! I/ s--/ --a----/ --a-/ ---/ a--/ ----i--/ a-/."
Old 08-31-2006, 01:31 AM   #2062
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

No S without T - T-time, please!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #2063
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"n"s, please.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #2064
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"A-s---t---/ -a-ni-i--nt/! I/ s--/ --a-t--/ --at/ ---/ a--/ --ttin-/ at/."
Old 09-02-2006, 07:33 AM   #2065
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

This wonderful compliment is what Niggle wished some indefinite friend and admirer of his painting would say. I love the continuation (which unfortunately no one says to me either ) :
Quote:
Absolutely magnificent! I see exactly what you are getting at. Do get on with it, and don't bother about anything else! We will arrange for a public pension, so that you need not.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #2066
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Yes, well done, Esty! (You did use the continuation once as a "palantir" )
Old 09-04-2006, 09:58 AM   #2067
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a new one for you:
Quote:
----, ---- --! - -- ---- ---'-- ----- ---- -- --- ---- ----- -- -- - --- -- ---
Old 09-05-2006, 02:02 AM   #2068
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #2069
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O yes

----, ---- --! - -- ---- -o-'-- ----- ---- -- --- o--- ----- -o -- - --- o- ---
Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #2070
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"k"s?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #2071
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Sorry, no Ks...

----, ---- --! - -- ---- -o-'-- ----- ---- -- --- o--- ----- -o -- - --- o- ---
Old 09-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #2072
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I'd like to see some S's
Old 09-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #2073
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S ...but we has only two...

----, ---- --! - -- s--- -o-'-- ----- ---- -- --s o--- ----- -o -- - --- o- ---
Old 09-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #2074
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about N ?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #2075
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S O N (no K)

----, ---- --! - -- s--- -o-'-- ----- ---- -- --s on-- ---n- -o -- - --- o- --n
Old 09-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #2076
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

perhaps some T would help?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #2077
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time

----, ---- --! - -- s--- -o-'-- ----- t--t -t --s on-- ---nt to -- - --t o- --n
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #2078
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"i"s?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #2079
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

i spy

----, ---- --! I -- s--- -o-'-- ----- t--t it --s on-- ---nt to -- - -it o- --n
Old 09-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #2080
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"l"s, please.