User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2002, 09:59 AM   #41
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

As soon as Himeliek was released, Dineniel pulled out a gleaming dagger and pushed back her hood again to give her more freedom to move.
Himeliek? Now how did SHE get taken by surprise? This one must be good!
"Who are you and what's your buisness here?" snarled Thorondruin.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:10 AM   #42
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Himelilek gave the elf a smirk, "You are good if you can sneak up on me." She said happily, pulling her knife into her hand with the yank of a chain. "Very good indeed."
Old 07-15-2002, 10:15 AM   #43
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Khelek had obviously heard the barbarian man's hunger for wolf flesh, and the silent plea for him to escape unscathed.

"Good Lady," the wolf replied to Stormfire. "I have doubtless heard the barbarian's sick taste, and yet I will still follow. I am fleet in the woods, and I know my way better than any rogue, thief, or bandit. They will not find me."

The wolf made his way deeper into the woods. It did not matter whether the band of culprits were in light or shadow, for he could hear and smell them, and sense their malice through the earth.

((OOC You people scare me sometimes. Just me vs. a whole rogue band? IS THAT IT?! Isn't there anyone else out there who can help?! Or does everyone like being evil?! Ah well, Khelek to the rescue! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ))
Old 07-15-2002, 10:19 AM   #44
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

"Some call me 'the silver wanderer'. My business is my own." the stranger growled back.
Dineniel watched in fascination as the two men regarded each other. The stranger seemed to be slight in build as well, with broad shoulders.
"Not another gypsy elf. No particular bloodline, except the one of degradement." smirked Thorondruin. This must have touched the stranger's nerve, for he leapt at Thorondruin and knocked him backwards, swinging his dagger over Thoronduin's face.
"Alright, hold your tongue sir, or lose it." he snapped roughly.
Thoronduin nervousley edged away from the dagger.
"No offence meant." he muttered.
"Thank you." the stranger got up, still holding the dagger pointing straight at Thoronduin.
"As a matter of fact, I am descended from a great bloodline." the elf said.
"Oh really," smirked Thoronduin, "And what would that be?"
The stranger lifted his head. "Namien," he replied.
Thoronduin drew his sword, crying "The devil! The devil has come!"
"Oh, give it a rest." said the stranger, with a bored look.
Thoronduin cried out again.
"I shall dispose of it with a stake through the heart!"
"Honestly." flicked the stranger.
Himedel (?sorry) ran forward.
"If he can capture me...well, he could be useful...know what I mean?"
Old 07-15-2002, 10:22 AM   #45
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

>sorry himelilek, got you're name wrong there!<
Old 07-15-2002, 10:26 AM   #46
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Himelilek was sitting on a tree stump, sharpening her blade. She glanced up, her eyes like steeled ice, but her face showing nothing but contempt and boredom. "Are you done flashing your tongue and your knife, uh, silver one?" She said mockingly.

The silver cloaked one turned to her, his eyes narrowed with dislike "What is wrong with you? Do you not know that your life is in danger, woman?"

"Fear is to show weakness." She sighed, standing and tossing the piece of wood over her shoulder. "Something that I like to think of myself as not."

"Vanity is a weakness that elves so often fall prey to, especially your kind." He eyed her armor and saw the symbols that adorned it.

With a flash of white, Himelilek's blade shot through the air like a stricking cobra, and embedded itself in the tree just a hair beside the elf. "You don't know anything about anything so shut your mouth, gypsy elf."

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Manelwen ]
Old 07-15-2002, 10:34 AM   #47
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek regarded this new Elf. He was a wanderer, certainly, but not truly evil. At least it was an Elf who could perhaps help him. Or maybe not. But in any case, the Elf did not seem to like the rogue band of thieves. "Which could be my advantage," the wolf thought to himself, temporarily forgotten by the bandits.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:37 AM   #48
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

It would be wise of her to stop pushing this stranger, I think. He seems to have a short fuse...

Dineniel glanced at the Silver one, then at Himeliek.
"I think that if we're all done insulting eachother, we might have something to discuss," she said.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:42 AM   #49
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Himelilek grunted and yanked the chain, the blade whistled back but the corner of one of the blades caught the stranger's cloak and ripped it. She caught the blade and with a smirk let it drop to her side, the blades rang out as the went into one another to form one blade again. "Fine." She muttered, still eyeing the elf.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:44 AM   #50
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

The stranger paid no heed to her. He gave the dagger another bored look. They seemed to be his speciality.
"Gypsy elf, am I?"
He raised his palm towards Himelilek.
"Don't know anything, don't I?"
From his palm shot a great jet of fire. It set alight the stump on which Himelilek was sitting and it shot up in flames. Himelilek's terrified face could be seen in them. The elf shot another jet, this time of water, which lifted Himelilek up. Then he summoned a gust of wind and blew her to the very top of a tree.
"This isn't funny. Get me down."
The stranger lowered his palm and Himelilek hurtled to the ground, stopping a few centimetres and swooping down to land.
"I can do much more than that. I think you'll find I'm a dangerous person to be an enemy to. I did warn you that I was descended from Namien."
>BTW, Namien was the most evil elf in history<
"A direct descendant. So no more 'gypsy elf' from you. I'm closer to the royal bloodline than you'll ever be."
The thing was, Amanalkarion, the stranger, knew in his heart that he was a gypsy, a traveller at least.But he shook off the thought. He was the great-great-great-great-great grandson of Namien on his mother's side, and he was proud of that. Still an ache tugged in his heart, because knew that when he was called a gypsy, everyone was right. All his family had been travellers. But he had a bloodline, a good one, so he couldn't let one, silly little elf get to him. Stupid feelings...they were always getting in his way. He wished he could just do away with them. And he wished with all his heart that Kalia were there.
"And," he added. "I'll thank you not to rip my cloak." And with a quick few elvish words whilst holding something at his chest, he mended the rent.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Halbereth Diagona ]
Old 07-15-2002, 10:51 AM   #51
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

OOC. Halbereth, could you please get a hold of me, I want to talk to you about something...nothing bad, I just wanted to speak with you.

Himelilek growled angrily, gripping the dagger tightly in her hand, the thought of driving the dagger into the elf's chest was a welcomed idea, but the small voice that she often ignored yelled 'caution'.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:55 AM   #52
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

>sure, do u have your private message on? if u do, I'll turn mine on and pm u. KO?
Old 07-15-2002, 11:06 AM   #53
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek sniffed the air. "Fire. So, this Elf has strong elemental powers, does he? Well, I suppose that it would do more harm to the others than it would to him. How do I deal with this one?" Khelek's tail twitched and his eyes narrowed. "I do not know who I can take as an ally. Lady Firestorm is kind to animals, but I do not even know why she is joining. Why would she want to steal a Silmaril from her own kinsman?"
Old 07-15-2002, 11:12 AM   #54
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

OOC Why is everyone so EVIL?! *sniffle* Am I left all aloooone?!
Old 07-15-2002, 11:13 AM   #55
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Amanalkarion, feeling that he had dealt with Himelilel, noticed a wolf nearby. He liked animals.
He walked up to the wolf and gave it a long stroke under its chin. It put up its head. Amanalk suddenly felt a message coming through into his head..."Well, he seems to like me...maybe I can use him...
Amanalk shot a message back.
You're not using me...I am independant...
With a start, Khelek realised that Amanalk could pick up his animal messages.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #56
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

(hey, this is navmarien but the browser cut me off and it took me FOREVER to find a name that wasn't taken then my email didnt get the password and OH the horror of it all.)

Ollea had come running at the sound of the scream, but had stayed hidden in the shadows. now she stepped from the shadows surprising the newcomer. "What is all this?" she demanded, knowing what had happened but interested in hearing the responses. She wasn't really afraid of this Amanalkarion, descended of the evil elf Namien; though very few people knew it, none of whom were here, she was Valarindi, descended of Osse himself; a granddaughter.
Himelelik was glowering at him; "He attacked me," she growled.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:31 AM   #57
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek's tail twitched. He knew the band of thieves would soon come to investigate Amanalkarion's sudden disappearance into the woods.

"What are you doing here? And why are you taking up with bandits like those?" the wolf asked carefully.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:48 AM   #58
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
1420!

Remdil, still wandering about in the dark, pulled out the hatchet that he carried around. Usually it was mostly for show, but he thought he'd need it now. After all, he couldn't have wolves hanging around the inn and bothering the horses (and possibly even the guests).

As he drew near the source of the wolf-smell, he heard raised voices and the clink of weapons. He rolled his eyes. Another fight? He rounded the corner and took a step back in surprise. There was the wolf, indeed, and there also was a large group of extremely dangerous-looking people. He couldn't fathom how the big one with the ears had gotten into the inn at all. He clearly had, however; to the wolf smell was added the scent of alcohol on at least most of their breaths. Remdil instantly decided he didn't like them, any of them, or the wolf either for that matter. Troublemakers.

"Who said you could come back here?" he demanded loudly. They turned and stared at him, perhaps surprised by his temerity. "Go take care of your own business. The yard is private property, and there's no fighting in the inn." Somebody snickered. One of the women turned a large and frightening grin upon him. "Go? Us? I think you should be more careful, meddler."

Remdil stood his ground. "Off!" he cried. Suddenly he recognized one of them. "You.." he said to Dinenial, "you stole my cousin's horse."
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-15-2002, 11:56 AM   #59
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Dineniel turned white as she looked at the big man, sizing him up.

Gah! @&$@&#$^! Time to go!

"Ah, I think you're mistaking me for someone else, I..." she startred backing up slowly, clutching one of her daggers. Then she took off into the forest.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 07-15-2002, 12:07 PM   #60
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek looked at Remdil. The man worked hard for his life, and did not deserve to be killed by these thieves. He had done nothing wrong, after all, except stumble in on them. Khelek quietly slipped away in the mass of chaos that followed. He moved into the inn yard and took the chickens back to their coop. He then melted back into the woods, determined to follow the trail that the thieves had left.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:27 PM   #61
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

As Ollea watched the wolf slip away, unwatched by all but her, she realized that she recognized this wolf; a pure white wolf was described to her before she came whose loyaties lay with the elf-lords, just in case they crossed paths. Are you the one they call Khelek? she ventured a guess, sending her private call out to the retreating wolf. The wolf stopped, looking back and becoming very still.
Ollea smiled slightly.I was told i might see you here. Well met, friend wolf. The wolf turned, and melted into the night's shadows.
Turning back to the matter at hand, Ollea sighed. She really shouldn't have gotten mixed up in this plot, but she had so wanted to find out what was going on that it was hard to resist. she would have to tag along for a while, since it was now far more difficult to simply disappear with explanation.
This, however, could be avoided, she thought as the two men began sizing up the man from the inn, preparing for a fight. Ollea closed her eyes and bowed her head slightly, allowing her entire face to be cloaked in the shadow of her hood. Her hand crept up, lightly resting at the bottom of her throat, pressing the flat jewel that hung there. She whispered some elven words in a breathless, inaudible whisper, repeating them twice. Then waited.
Thunder crashed through the silence nearby, shaking everyone out of there intense concentration. "That storm's almost here," Ollea said nonchalantely. "I think we should go inside."
Old 07-15-2002, 04:09 PM   #62
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Dineniel edged out from behind a tree and followed along behind the others towards the Inn, staying well away from Remdil, who was glaring at her quite ferociously.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:06 PM   #63
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

<Wow, this RPG has really taken off!>

Thorondruin refused to move. "Why are we following this man?" He shouted. Everyone turned to look at him. "All he's going to do is have some of us arrested and he can't possibly do the rest any good, so why are we following him? Follow me instead. I'm going into the forest."

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-15-2002, 08:11 PM   #64
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Let's see, whose horse did I NOT steal...

"I'm with you. I'm pretty sure I'd be in the arrested categorey," Dineniel walked towards the forest and stood behind Thorondruin, glaring back at Remdil. Many of the others looked unsure, but a few joined Thoronduin at the edge of the woods again. Suddenly the clouds exploded above them in a downpour of rain and flashes of lightning.
"Oh...um..." Dineniel pulled her hood up in a futile atempt to keep of the rain, peering out through a practically solid sheet of water and looking rather glum.

Hmm, drowning or jail...nice dry jail...wait, no, that would mean JAIL...right, rain it is then.

Old 07-15-2002, 08:26 PM   #65
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

No accident that Thorondruin would also be in the "arrested" category [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"This way!" Thorondruin shouted above the sound of the rain. As he and Dinenial ran through the woods, he was gratified to notice that all of the plotters had elected to join him, and annoyed that Rimdel had apparently done the same. What does he want? he thought in annoyance.
At last they reached their destinantion, a cabin in the deep woods which, while cold and dark, was at least dry. They all filed inside. Thorondruin tried to slam the door in Rimdel's face, but the man outweighed him by seventy-five pounds or more and easily pushed his way inside.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:48 PM   #66
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek narrowed his eyes. The rain was, no doubt, created, and not natural. He had picked up no sign of rain for for several days at least. "My fur is getting wet," Khelek said remorsely, purposely letting Amanalkarion and Ollea overhear him. There was a grunt from Amanalk, and no answer at all from Ollea. Finding a small dell not far off from the cabin, the wolf settled in for the night.

"So what are you doing here? Why would you want to steal a Silmaril from your own kinsman?" the wolf wondered aloud. There was a short pause, in which the wind could be heard dancing on the crowns of the trees. The wolf curled up, putting a paw over his nose to keep out the chill.

Ollea had most likely been to Rivendell, if she had heard of him, and seemed most kind of the rogue band. And yet, why would so fair a maiden join with such thieves? And what was Amanalkarion doing amongst all of this?

((OOC Am I still alooone, or what? *sniffle* I want a companion!!! This sure is an interesting RPG, even if it so far seems that the bad guys are gonna win.))
Old 07-15-2002, 09:05 PM   #67
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

That's what makes it fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Khelek's ears suddenly perked up. He could hear a whimpering coming from not far away. As he rose to investigate, he mindsent Is someone there?. The whimpering continued, but eventually he heard, Help me. What Khelek found he almost could not believe. It was a half-grown dog, white, but so shrunken with cold and wet that it was hard to tell just what he was. Who are you?, he sent. The dog turned his head to see Khelek and rose sluggishly. I was following you. You're the only unnattached dog I could find.
Khelek snorted. Dog? This creature thought he was a common dog? But, he was also cold and wet and it was always easier traveling in a pack, so all he sent was, I'm really a wolf, but it's not important. Follow me. He led the dog back to his little dell and they curled up together, sharing their warmth.

<Happy now, GW? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]>
Old 07-15-2002, 09:06 PM   #68
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

<<OOC: i'm not bad, i'm just confused and trying to make a living in an unwelcoming world...sniff sniff [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] >>
Old 07-15-2002, 09:47 PM   #69
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ollea sighed regretfully once in the cabin. She had kept trying to tell the wolf that they were on the same side- she had no intention of taking a Simaril- but it was necessary to keep her messages vague, and it resulted often in a lack of understanding.
Her cloak was now soaked through from the rain, and the dry air was at least warmer than the sheets of rain coming down outside.
She removed the wet cloak, draping it over a chair. Her hood had fallen back while running for the cabin, and she let her hair out to allow for it to dry faster.
She sensed Amanalkarion waching her. Interesting way you have of breaking up a fight,he commented. Ollea's breath caught in her throat. Of course! He must have noticed what she was doing, and put it together when the storm so suddenly arrived.
She turned her head towards him, eyes narrowing. We've met before, haven't we?
Old 07-15-2002, 09:59 PM   #70
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin watched the Elves and became ever more annoyed. It was obvious they had some form of silent communication which he couldn't hear, and it irked him because they were supposed to be some sort of team...on a mission. And they were hiding things from him and anyone else who couldn't hear them.

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-16-2002, 12:26 AM   #71
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

The tall bald barbarian grew impateint of all the show of revelry and showmanship of these insecure elves.

"Bah," he yelled," What are you fools waiting around here for, pots of gold to fall from the skies?"

Thorondruin looked agitated and replied, "We have wasted enough time here, I have a plan of action and I will choose who will accompany me to execute it as some of you I can trust already but some leave me in doubt."

"What is that wolf doing here?" growled Ozracles, "It is fortunate that it is an ageing one and it's flesh and bones are too rancid to taste, or else he'd have made a fine bellyful for me."

Himelilek smiled and said, "There are other things we can hunt for, you know."

Ozracles ripped one of the shrivelled ears off his necklace and bit into it, chewing the toughened meat he said, "That sounds enticing, what do you have in mind? Not old dried gums, I wager."

Himelilek laughed and produced some lembas, saying "Try these for now, enough to whet your hunger."

"What is this?" aksed the bemused barbarian.

"Food," replied Himelilek and bit into one, Ozracles followed suit with gusto.

Ooc - What's the plan, Susan?
And I see some of the evil characters here have hearts of gold. Come on people, get into character and let's have a good(bad) game. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2002, 03:12 AM   #72
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Heh, best bouncing of my career. That'll teach them to make trouble at my inn. Wait a minute.... what am I doing?

Pushing his way into the cabin like that was the first truly impulsive act of Remdil's life, and he was beginning to regret it. He'd clearly fallen in among the insane. If the ears hadn't been enough to confirm it, the smile was. He watched the barbarian begin chewing on his distinctive necklace and shuddered. Yes, getting them out of town had definitely been a good idea. Getting himself back into town would probably be an even better one. No good could come of this, and besides, he already had the best story his wife could wish to hear.

The members of the band were absorbed in their bickering and their food, and seemed to have forgotten him entirely. Just as well. Quietly, he moved toward the door.

It was locked.
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 07-16-2002, 03:39 AM   #73
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Thorondruin noticed the man from the inn move toward the door. When he discovered it locked and turned back to the room, he found Thorondruin standing not four feet away, idly playing with his dagger. Remdil was twice the size of this man, but when Thorondruin looked up to meet his eyes, Remdil found himself afraid. He saw nothing in the man's eyes but coldness; no fear, no hatred, just that coldness. He shivered.
Thorondruin spoke. "After inviting yourself into my home, are you going so soon, and without even a fare-you-well?"
Rimdel looked around nervously. Some of the others had come to see what Thorondruin was doing. "No, I was just-"
"I know very well what you were doing." He raised his voice to reach everyone in the room. "Look, everyone. The bird who tried to catch us is now trying to avoid being caught himself!" Thorondruin turned his head for a moment to watch as everyone else came toward the door. In that moment, Remdil raised his hatchet, intending to use it one the door, but Thorondruin misconstrued the movement to mean an attack and swiftly turned and threw his dagger at Rimdel's hand, causing him to drop the hatchet. He said, "I'll have none of that. There are seven people here, Innman, and six of them are against you. Do you really think you're strong enough to beat all of us?"
Frantically, Remdil shook his head. he was terrified by now and sent a panicked thought to his wife. Oh, Eolinda, protect our daughter! He had backed up against the door as far as he could, and all he could do was stare at the menacing circle of faces around him.

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 07-16-2002, 08:27 AM   #74
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Tolkien

Somewhere-though I could not say where, Valarindi. Amanalkarion's eyes narrowed as well. He moved towards her.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:51 AM   #75
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OOC Oh, okay, fine fine, I get the picture. I'll just ignore that post...

Khelek's ears perked up and he sensed something was going on in the cabin. Leaving the wamrth of the dell, the wolf trotted around the back of the cabin and stood on a pile of brushwood in the back to get a better view. The cabin was crudely made, and had many cracks that had been jammed with smaller planks of wood. Peering through one of these cracks, the wolf saw the Remdil was cornered against the door, his hatchet on the ground, and the group was moving towards him, blades drawn.

"What are you doing?" the wolf snorted at Ollea and Amanalkarion. "Are you just going to let that bandit kill the man?"
Old 07-16-2002, 12:41 PM   #76
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"I don not think the force is necessary." Himelilek's voice was light, but the impish smile on her face raised the man's hackles. "He might be of use..." Her voice made them sudder as her eyes flashed hungrily over the snooping intruder.

"I-I" He stuttered.

She seemed to slither towards him, her cloak barely moving in the wind made her seem...unnatural. "Now, now..." She said soothingly, running her gauntlet hands over his chest. "You must settle down, dear...before you make one of them angry." Himelilek purred. "I don't know if I can hold them all back... a little elfin maiden like me..." Her drawling voice trailed off, her eyes looking at the warrior gnawing on his lembas.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:58 PM   #77
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Silmaril

Rosseil rolled her eyes and then sheathed her dagger.
"Oh, really, it seems he's here, we might as well make the best of it."
Old 07-16-2002, 05:15 PM   #78
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ollea allowed herself to relax just the smallest bit. this man should not have followed-the storm should have dissuaded him from doing just that. At least he was safe, for now.
She turned back to face Amanalkarion. "How could you possibly know that?" she asked suspisiously, in a voiceless whisper Amanalkarion had to lean forward to hear. "No one knows that. No one."
Old 07-16-2002, 06:23 PM   #79
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Remdil stared frozenly at the smiling elf. Of use? He wasn't sure he liked the sound of that. On the other hand, it might mean she wasn't going to kill him right away... maybe. His mind raced. What did she want from him? Anything? Did she simply intend to kill him anyway? He opened his mouth, hoping to say something brilliant, but only managed a strangled, croaking sound.

The smile was hypnotic. Remdil gazed into it blindly. He'd been staring into it forever, he remembered no other life, and as far as his mind was working at all, it told him she looked like... like...

"Oh, really," a voice began. It sounded familiar... The thief! She was.. he tried to remember.. oh, yes, the horse. The inn! Remdil stared wildly around the room, himself once more. His eye fell on his hatchet. He couldn't possibly reach it from here, but it would break the lock easily. All he had to do was walk three feet across the floor and three feet back. He looked back at the manic elf.

"What is this you're babbling about?" he asked her.

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
Old 07-16-2002, 09:08 PM   #80
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek relaxed about three hairs. "Scoundrels, good for nothing, lousy..." the wolf started. Ollea glanced carelessly over at the wall he was peering through.

"Okay, I'll silence myself." The wolf climbed down again and made a small, dry sleeping space under some brushwood that was right up against the side of the building.

"Wake me when you leave," the wolf yawned, curling up into a tight, white ball.