Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2004, 02:37 PM   #81
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Oro

That was a great lead in!

We are now in a small cavern off that tunnel your character found . . . sort of crawling along on the floor.

Why don't you finsih that off --- we really won't find anything to bring back.

Then go ahead and take us back out to the main cavern and I'll get us onto another search.

How's that sound?

--- Arry
Old 08-22-2004, 02:47 PM   #82
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just to keep things consistent, I made a slight edit in my earlier post to indicate that Galhardir and two of the Elves have gone off exploring in a side tunnel. However the main group is still in the central cavern. Sorry I didn't catch that till now!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #83
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Thanks Kitanna for your post, but I think it would fit better earlier. I'd like to ask Pio to move it to the bottom of space 33, which is my post. It will make the flow of the game better.

Rinfanawen wrote me a pm saying she will not be able to post until Monday, so we'll keep spying in the cave at least through then. At some point after that I'll gather the bad guys and make plans about what to do next. I don't think the Elves are going to be very happy.

- Regin
Old 08-22-2004, 09:04 PM   #84
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Kitanna & Regin

The post has been moved.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-22-2004, 10:46 PM   #85
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thanks!

I've posted a save that I plan to fill in tomorrow late afternoon or evening.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:42 AM   #86
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
I've posted that Freyn is in the main cave, and if you have moved on from there I will change it. Anything at all, please let me know.

Sorry for the delay in posting, things have been keeping me busy
Old 08-23-2004, 06:25 AM   #87
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
White-Hand

Arry- Thanks. Good post!

I'll continue writing for the three of them - get them out of the cavern etc. (A save will do for now because I have to go to work... )

Cheers,
Orofaniel
Old 08-23-2004, 02:09 PM   #88
Rinfanawen
Wight

Rinfanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rinfanawen
Silmaril

I am just posting to say that I have returned and I have added my post to the game. We can move on now to whatever you would like.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:16 PM   #89
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Everyone:

Please remember to remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread - including SAVES.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 08-23-2004, 03:36 PM   #90
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Tara

Rôg has just directed Carandû, Annû, and the Lossoth, Galhardir, to come see you.

Annû has banged up his Elvish head - hitting it on the low ceiling of a back cavern.

Galhardir has cut his hand on some sharp rock.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #91
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thumbs up

I filled in my save. The Corsairs are getting restless!

By the way, who was that Elf who came within a hair's breadth of having his (or her) throat slit? Any takers among the good guys who thought they heard a footstep or two behind their shoulder, only to turn around and see nothing?

And thanks everybody for all your good posts! Rinfanewen --good to see you back.

~Regin
Old 08-24-2004, 05:08 AM   #92
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks for the patients, Pio :P
Old 08-24-2004, 12:43 PM   #93
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Save is filled.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:27 PM   #94
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I have filled in my save. Suitable, Regin?

Old 08-26-2004, 01:06 AM   #95
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Imladris ,

Very nice indeed! Just what those vermin deserve!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Corsairs and nasty Snowmen ---

All you scumbags should now be on the roof of the cave, climbing the steep hill over the caverns and helping to pry the boulders loose and aiming them at the only entrance.

Captain Marreth aka Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 08-26-2004 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:12 AM   #96
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
The Eye

My post will be up later tonight. Sorry I haven’t been too active, my computer is still down… I don’t seem to be handling time too well too!

Best Wishes
Nilly
Old 08-26-2004, 10:35 PM   #97
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel

Hi! The introductions have been made.

Would you like to join your 'patients' on a little search party?

-- Arry
Old 08-27-2004, 04:23 AM   #98
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Certainly Arry! It will give Freyn something to do! *giggles*

Tara
Old 08-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #99
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hi, Taralphiel!

I thought maybe you could have the group find their way through a tunnel into another little side cavern and poke about a bit.

I left a save for that, in case, the game moves on a bit. If it does - you can just post here and I'll transfer it.

If you want you can mention the little bat, Rog, coming for a visit to tell us to get back to the main group in the cavern that would be great. And I was thinking one of us - you if you want, could dig up an old knife or some such thing from the sunken Elven ship that sunk trying to carry the palantiri and King Arvedui away from the Ice Bay.

Oro

If you want to join in on this, please do!

And Niluial what about your elves - do you want to get them in on the act - have them be searching in the same place we are?

-- Arry
Old 08-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #100
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Quote:
Oro

If you want to join in on this, please do!
Okay, great! I'll just set up one of those "no-no" saves because I don't have time to write a post now....
Old 08-27-2004, 05:20 PM   #101
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Many thanks to Imladris, Rinfanawen, and Lalwende! The posts are very strong. Those boulders should do the trick!

Rin - If it's alright with you, I'm going to ask Pio to put your post earlier on the thread, since it deals with earlier things and it is well written. The first half (up to the words 'Follow me.") should go at the bottom of box 51. The rest starting with "Diera climbed quickly" can be in box 58. I think this will make the story stronger... I hope this makes sense.

Pio, could you move this? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:39 PM   #102
Rinfanawen
Wight

Rinfanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rinfanawen
Silmaril

Sure, Regin. I knew that my post seemed a little bit odd in the place that it was, but I wasn't sure how it could be fit somewhere else in the story. Your idea sounds great!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #103
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Rinfanawen's post has been split and moved.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-27-2004, 06:25 PM   #104
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thanks, Pio and Rin! Now, back to those rocks.....
Old 08-28-2004, 01:36 PM   #105
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Elves and Snowmen

Rôg is flying about as the little bat to bring the message from Captain Luindal to start moving back to the main cavern in preparation for leaving for the day.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to leave as the nasssty Corsairs are in the process of piling boulders in front of the entrance - though 'we' don't know that as yet.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:38 PM   #106
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tara

You can leave a post here on the discussion thread for my post box #56 on the game if you wish - the Elves took us into the cavern. Go ahead and find a little souvenir if you wish, but alas no sign of the palantir.

Oro

Go ahead and search around in the little cave - find something old and Elven if you want to from the sunk ship. Then, can you have Rôg surprise you by flying in as a bat and telling us we need to get back to the main cavern - Captain Luindal wants to head back to the ship before we're caught in the cave when the tide comes in.

--Arry
Old 08-30-2004, 11:53 AM   #107
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Dark-Eye

I'm sorry for editing my save so late, I had a nasty flue and computer troubles (I love yet hate technology!). But its edited now!

Arry - Check your PMs.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #108
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial

I didn't get a PM from you?!

-- Arry
Old 08-30-2004, 02:42 PM   #109
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Due to computer troubles, Niluial is unable to post at this time. Apparently her computer won't send PMs either...Another reason she has been unable to post is because she has had a severe case of the flue.

Until her computer problems are fixed (for some reason she can't post on threads either) I will put up her posts, etc.

Cheers,
Imladris
Old 08-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #110
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Arry

I did a lead-in for you to help rescue Niluial's Elves. Go ahead and post on the discussion thread, and I'll edit it in under my post.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-30-2004, 03:23 PM   #111
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks! Can you put this up for me?

EDIT: Post placed on Game ~*~ Pio

By the time Carandû and his brother had reached the little cave, Rôg was already back in mannish form and kneeling by the injured Elf. It was Andtuariel! She looked quite pale, the blood on her face from the rock cut making her skin seem even whiter in contrast. The lower part of her leg had caught in a hole in the cavern floor and seemed quite firmly wedged.

Annû knelt down quickly opposite Rôg. He took out his big-bladed knife and began chipping at the rock edges of the hole. Elwë, too, was knocking at the jagged rim that held her boot tight. ‘At least her leg is not bent at an unnatural angle,’ whispered Annû to Andtuariel’s brother. ‘The boot has padded it a bit and hopefully there will be only a little swelling.’ Rôg stabilized the woman’s leg as the other two worked on enlarging the hole. After a number of minutes, the only sounds being the clack and scrap of steel against rock, Annû, Elwë, and Rôg were able to gently eas the Elf’s foot from where it had been trapped.

Carrandû had packed a thin piece of leather, all folded up, into the pouch slung at his belt. It was a fair sized piece with which he meant to wrap the palantir should they discover it. Now he laid it on the ground, and the four of them eased Andtuariel onto it. Her ankle was quite swollen and too painful for her to bear weight.

Rôg changed back to his bat form, flying quickly down the tunnel to alert Freyn. Carrandû knelt down and grasped the edges of the leather. He began backing down the tunnel pulling Andtuariel with him on the leather piece. ‘Sorry about the bumpy ride,’ he said, smiling at her as they jostled over a particularly rocky section of the tunnel floor. ‘Soon we’ll be in the main cavern, where the healer is waiting.’ Annû and Elwë took turns cradling the Elf’s booted leg as they inched toward the main cavern.

Finally, Carandû could just hear Galhardir’s voice saying, ‘Here they are!’ And hands reached down to take up the burden as he emerged from the tunnel.

Looks like we're all safe in the main cavern now or are we?

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-30-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #112
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Arry

Have placed your post.

Tara and Oro

Feel free to follow up on the rescue - Rôg would have flown out to tell you what was happening - so your two characters would know what to expect.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-31-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #113
Child of the 7th Age

White-Hand

I did manage to receive this note from Niluial, which I will forward on to Mr. Underhill, who is our local computer wizard.....

Quote:
I’ve been having a few problems lately. Sometimes when I wish to post or send a PM BD wont let me for two hours or so and then suddenly it lets me again. It’s rather frustrating and I have no idea what is wrong. I just sent a PM but it wont let me post!
So, thanks, Imladris, if you can help with Niluial's posts.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:27 PM   #114
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Silmaril

My save, from quite some time ago, is now filled. Finally. Sorry about the long wait. =/

Quote:
Looks like we're all safe in the main cavern now or are we?
Anything spesifc we ougth to do from there?
Old 08-31-2004, 02:55 PM   #115
Child of the 7th Age

Oro and other good guys:

Would you believe learning how to swim and breath under water?

Actually, I have a save up that I intend to fill tonight. I'm going to be asking the searchers who are not injured to try and remove just a bit of the rocks to create a small hole through which we can see daylight. All are welcome to do a post and describe how we manage to create a hole, barely large enough for a tiny bat to squeeze through. Please keep the hole small: it's got to be narrow, preferably with jagged edges. We don't want to make things too easy on Pio!

Alternately, you are welcome to describe the general panic in the cave or your own thoughts on having the water begin to rise about you.....or the attempts to help the injured.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 08-31-2004 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:11 AM   #116
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a post of Freyn starting just that, but dropping that job when injuried arrive

Sorry for the delay
Old 09-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #117
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rinfanawen and Tara,

Good posts!

Bad guys -

The Elves are bottled up right now, but I have a feeling that is too good to last and they will find a way to escape the cave.

You'll be getting a pm from me, hopefully by tomorrow to outline what we'll be covering in the next two weeks of the game. I'd rather not post it on the discussion thread to keep those dratted Elves from finding out about our plans.

~Regin
Old 09-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #118
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

I hope we're going to be doing something extra nasssty!
Old 09-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #119
Child of the 7th Age

If any of the good guys happen upon my game post, you are welcome to continue the action sequence: do a narrative post where the Elves and their Lossoth allies come from the Elven ship and drag away the rocks. You can have Luindal and crew emerge from the cave and return to the ship....

If no one has time to do this today, I will go ahead and fill in my save tomorrow. But if it does get done, I will erase the save.

This is probably as clear as mud! So much for those nassssty Corsairs! We got out!
Old 09-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #120
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question game plans....

I probably won't post tomorrow so I wanted to get these instructions up today.

The cave scenes will be finishing up shortly. Unfortunately, the Elves and their Lossoth friends will escape the caves. When that happens, we will go into the next part of our outline. This will last 10-14 days real time. The general idea is this:

1. Luindal will decide to have the Elves rest for one day so Rôg can recover. Luindal will also tell his companions that they will hike up the shore to a spot further north (a whole day's hike) where some scraps of Elvish runes have been found. This is a really cold part of the Bay which already has considerable ice that extends far out into the water plus snow flurries at night.

2. At the same time Marreth will meet with the mysterious informant who will tell him of these plans. Marreth will decide to go north immediately so his men can.......fill in the blank. Wouldn't you good guys like to know? Hey, don't worry. Just get yourselves up there and you'll find out soon enough!