The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #1201
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I dreamed last night that I was trying to move into Diamond18's house and get rid of her cats without her noticing, before Rune reached it on his raft. Volo kept trying to give me away.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #1202
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Good for Volo! Can't have any more missing cat escapades for poor Di.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #1203
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
ah yes, my mysterious and ever pressent raft. . .how could I forget about that.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #1204
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Good for Volo! Can't have any more missing cat escapades for poor Di.
I think I overstated that - it was more like moving them out of my way, not eliminating them.

No worries Di, er, right?

Quote:
ah yes, my mysterious and ever pressent raft. . .how could I forget about that.
No kidding, you two had more adventures down the Amazon than you could shake a stick at...

Old 04-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #1205
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Last night I saw a dream about mostly school. I was walking around my school, which somehow resembled the Russian Museum in St. Petersburg. I remember stopping for a short chat with some Nogrod and some fellow students, but what's more interesting is that there was a poetry exhibition of the students' art going on (like there sometimes are). So I started reading and there were some really good poems. One poem had some interesting point in it and I stopped to think about it. As I studied it, I noticed that it was written by Lommy and I smiled at why I hadn't realized it straight away. I looked around and found two more poems by Lommy.
One of them was quite peculiar: The first two rows were normal but then the poem continued with "(Thanks for inspiration to [Kath's real name], Beleg, Mithalwen, [other Downers])" That was a part of the poem in a way, but it wasn't even in Finnish. At that I thought that now she truly overdid it and wondered what she would write in the "Top Ten Signs You're Addicted to the Barrow-Downs" -thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy's poem
------------, ------------,-------------.
----------,--------------,--------------.
(Thanks for inspiration to *** ***,
Beleg, Mithalwen, ~~~, ~~~~~~~,
~~~~~~~~, ~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~,
~~~~~, ~~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~~~,
~~~~~, ~~~~~ and ~~~~~~~.)

^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^, ^^
- being like a normal poem, in Finnish.
* being Kath's full name.
~ being nicknames of different Downers.
^ being Lommy's name and her class.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #1206
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
In my dream, three French girls came over to Noggie's place and I had to keep them company. Only one of them spoke a little English and I mostly had to speak French to them and it was quite horrible because my French sucks... And why I'm mentioning this here is that the girl who spoke some English was somehow Nerwen. And I really didn't treat her well, I ran away from her and the other girls when I heard a Disney song that reminded me of an inside joke and left her to translate my last words which were explanation of the joke - a sligthly rude nickname a 7-year-old boy once devised for a friend of mine.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #1207
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Last night I dreamed (as I posted elsewhere) that I was playing Werewolf - alas, I remember no other players, so maybe I was playing by myself...an automatic wolf win. I also dreamed that McCaber replied to a PM that I sent him, he said "At least you're clever, I'll let you live.".

Old 04-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #1208
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had my first real Barrow Downs dream last night. By real, I mean, one that was clearly Barrow Downs and one that I can remember in detail.

In it, I was so excited to re-introduce a certain character in the Scarburg Meadhall role-playing game. I've been reading Fea's posts about Saeryn for two weeks now and am finally writing a post about Saeryn...I have it half finished, and then I get on the Downs, and I check the Scarburg Meadhall Discussion Thread. Legate of Amon Lanc (don't as me why it was him) had posted there for some reason... I scroll down, and what do I see? A massive post, pages upon pages, wherein he had done my job of researching Saeryn. He had quotes from her, her history, reasons why she would act in such and such away, and other things. He took it completely out of my hands...

I was so angry (sorry Legate) that I nearly began to cry. I hit reply and began to write a post, immediately calling him an 'intruder' and 'thief' and other such names, for stealing the character Fea had given me. In the dream, I decided not to post that post, so I erased it and left.

I woke with an oppressed feeling, thinking that I could no longer write Saeryn because Legate had taken her from me.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #1209
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Oh, what a sad dream, I can imagine But I am actually honored to appear in your first BD dream, so no hard feelings from my part
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #1210
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Oh, what a sad dream, I can imagine But I am actually honored to appear in your first BD dream, so no hard feelings from my part
Oh, I'm glad. I was somewhat worried. lol!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #1211
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
My take on Foley's dream

Legate should enter the Scarburg Mead Hall.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #1212
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I had a dream last night that Lommy was writing an epic poem for the deathday of this mighty forum - in it she would attempt to place the names of all the Downers who had "mattered" over the years.

She was about forty stanzas completed, but she was stuck for a few rhymes, so she posted it on her LJ for us to see & contribute.

She was stuck on one particular line in Oromin's verse, it was a third line and the last word of the fourth line needed to rhyme with "day". Rune suggested "effulge", and obstinately stuck to that word, even suggesting it for multiple lines later in the poem.

"I don't even know what rhymes with effulge!" cried Lommy, but she wasn't really impressed when I suggested "indulge".

I suggested the word "delay", but Lommy shot that down, saying "'delay' and 'day' is too common!"

I should mention for *cough* information purposes only, that my verse was first, but it was only three lines long to the standard four.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #1213
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
In my dream, three French girls came over to Noggie's place and I had to keep them company. Only one of them spoke a little English and I mostly had to speak French to them and it was quite horrible because my French sucks... And why I'm mentioning this here is that the girl who spoke some English was somehow Nerwen. And I really didn't treat her well, I ran away from her and the other girls when I heard a Disney song that reminded me of an inside joke and left her to translate my last words which were explanation of the joke - a sligthly rude nickname a 7-year-old boy once devised for a friend of mine.
Vraiment un ręve trčs intéressant, Lommy. Mais oů est la tortue ŕ huit pattes maintenant?

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-01-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #1214
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Legate should enter the Scarburg Mead Hall.
Oh, I agree fully! Except...with a character other than Saeryn.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #1215
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Oh, I agree fully! Except...with a character other than Saeryn.
I second the motion!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #1216
Volo

Lommy is trying hard to be the first dream-poet in the world.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #1217
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Mais oů est la tortue ŕ huit pattes maintenant?
Eight-legged tortoise? Why would it be anywhere?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #1218
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I, too, am rather confused by the obscure turtle reference. Is it poetic? Or symbolic? Beware the figurative eight-legged dream-turtle?

Or, what if Nerwen meant "eight-foot [long] turtle" rather than "eight-footed turtle." That might be a Disney reference of some kind.....?
Old 05-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #1219
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I don't know why Lommy never listens to my advise

Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #1220
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I, too, am rather confused by the obscure turtle reference. Is it poetic? Or symbolic? Beware the figurative eight-legged dream-turtle?
Yep. See post #980. (But it's a tortoise, not a turtle.)
Old 05-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #1221
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Oh...that is fantastically creepy.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:38 AM   #1222
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I was about to reply Nerwen in French but then I realised I would have to use the past tense of subjunctive and decided it was not worth the pain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I don't know why Lommy never listens to my advise
Maybe because it's bad.

And a night or two ago I dreamed that I and Agan were going to Copenhagen to see Rune next summer. We wanted to bring him something Finnish but we had no idea what. Then we decided we'd bring him a dead seal and a dead dolphin and we'd make him and his friends eat the meat raw and say that in Finland you're considered a loser if you don't do so. We also planned to make up an excuse that would allow us not to eat it...
Old 05-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #1223
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Last night I dreamed I was playing a video game that was similar to Sierra's "The Hobbit" - I got to the level with the dragon, and it turned out to be Lalwende.

She was a rather friendly dragon, offering advise on how to play the game, but it was hard trying to avoid her nonetheless.

The way to get out of the level was to climb up these really tall ladders & ropes, sometimes switching from the two at dangerous heights. Diamond18 kept giving me advice such as "Ooo, you don't want to fall from such a great height! Ooo, don't miss your transition, you'll fall splat! If I were you, I wouldn't miss this rope! Jump! Jump!"

Old 05-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #1224
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
And a night or two ago I dreamed that I and Agan were going to Copenhagen to see Rune next summer. We wanted to bring him something Finnish but we had no idea what. Then we decided we'd bring him a dead seal and a dead dolphin and we'd make him and his friends eat the meat raw and say that in Finland you're considered a loser if you don't do so. We also planned to make up an excuse that would allow us not to eat it...
Haaaa!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #1225
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
I find that "because I don't want to" generally works for me.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #1226
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
I was about to reply Nerwen in French but then I realised I would have to use the past tense of subjunctive and decided it was not worth the pain...

Maybe because it's bad.

It is a good plan the only fault is that I do not really care if finnish people consider me a looser.

Also I would have been more inclined to belive the raw seal thing if you had been from Greenland.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #1227
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Also I would have been more inclined to belive the raw seal thing if you had been from Greenland.
Perhaps parts of Canada and the US state Alaska as well?
Seal meat is eaten there legally, though the right to access it is restricted. It looks good though, but I closest thing I've seen to seal meat/blubber is whale blubber that my friend and her tribe ate.

So as not to be too off-topic, I actually had a dream that remotely involved the Downs a few days ago. I can't remember much except that I was on a bus, then a plane, then for some odd reason at an airport in Helsinki. One of my friends from home was with me for the flight for some odd reason, then she immediately turned around and left me at the airport because she had to go to Sweden to visit relatives or something. So, then I was stranded, but when I tried to buy another ticket the airport security came up and said they couldn't allow me to return home. I tried asking why, and everytime they would glance off into space and pretend I wasn't there.
I decided that since they weren't any help I'd just walk around the airport and see if I could find any. I came across Nogrod, who was oddly acting as if he expected me there and kept talking about selling me an area of land with a small 'house' on it, and a bunch of other real estate features. I told him that was nice and all, but I'd really like to find out why I couldn't board another plane, except he became a bit flustered and said that it didn't matter and I really should focus on how much of a 'steal' the land was, and how the market was right, etc.
I finally walked off and tried to find some actual help, with Nogrod still following me and telling me more about the house, and I met up with Aganzir and asked her about everything. Then she looked really disappointed that I wanted to board another plane, and kept telling me that I should just forget about it and stay in Finland, and especially buy the land Nogrod was trying to sell me.
I was really suspicious at this point, but for some reason I threw up my hands and asked about the house, and how many stories it was, etc. Nogrod then looked at me as if I was crazy and said, "Stories? No way, it's completely underground, y'know, like a burrow. Really, you should check it out, it's a steal! It's the only way to live."
I told him I probably was too big to live underground and that I prefered walls without worms in them, and he started to back away from me as if I was mad or something. Then of course, the dream ends and I never find out if I buy the silly place or not.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #1228
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I would be disappointed if you tried to leave immediately. And next time you see Nogrod, just tell him you buy the land.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #1229
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Well I would be disappointed if you tried to leave immediately. And next time you see Nogrod, just tell him you buy the land.
Yes, but if I did that I'd have to live in a burrow, with who knows what already living in there. It would probably be some big trap after signing on the bottom line. Like a Shelob with boundary issues or a freshly annoyed and angry Bilbo hidden in one of the cupboards.

As for visiting I'd love to, but I'm afraid that part of the dream was truly wishful. Currently, I'm looking ahead to four more years of no savings and future loan payments. There is a possibility of studying abroad later on, that is if I can afford the whole affair. Higher education seriously is turning into a twelve year old with a credit card...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:52 AM   #1230
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a rather creepy and rather depressing BD dream, but as it amused me on some level and I found it quite interesting, so I'll post it anyway...

It was a sunny afternoon. I, Greenie, my three best RL friends (including Aganzir), Volo and Lhuna were in Nogrod's place, drinking tea and chatting. Suddenly, Volo turned to me and said in a low voice: "There's something I must tell you. In private." I cast him a quizzical look, but agreed to come to talk with him in the corridor.
"What's the matter?" I asked.
"I... I killed Legate and Nilp," he replied, "I must hide the bodies."
I looked at him (with an "oh silly boy what have you done now" -expression) and said, at length: "Then I guess I must help you."

We went to the yard and the rest of the tea party came with us. Volo would not have wanted to tell them what was the matter, but I refused to keep it secret. None of the others wanted to help Volo, they just stared at him in silence. Then Lhuna, looking very pale, said she wanted to go home and left.

I helped Volo nevertheless. He had buried the bodies to the grass in the yard, only something like 10cm (4 inches) deep. I said it was a very poor place and that they should be hidden elsewhere. Legate's body was very small and white and had a big head, of Nilpaurion there was only one hand and one other piece left. I don't know what Volo had done to him, but I remember thinking it was quite a crafty way to kill someone since there were so little remains. Anyway, we dumped what was left of Nilp and Legate to the biowaste and covered them with mould.

Then I was suddenly in a room that resembled the room I and Greenie shared when I was something like five years old. My three friends and Greenie were in the room with me. Now it was one of my best friends, not Volo, who had killed Nilp and Legate. I was very sad, crying all the time, and unbelievably angry at my friend, who seemed to find her deed very funny and just kept laughing. My other friends and Greenie weren't any more comforting. They kept telling me things like:
"Stop whining. People die every now and then."
"You have a lot of friends. Losing two of them hardly matters." (I think Agan was the one who said this...)
"What happens, happens. Get over it."
"It isn't such a big deal."
"I can't see why you're that upset by that."
"She did it, and so what? You can't change it anymore. It doesn't matter."
I tried to explain that it surely mattered to me and that it really was horrible for me. One of the examples/arguments I used was: "Just think! I've been away from 'downs for a day. In that time, Legate probably made ten posts before he died. Ten posts of his I've never read, and that's all! And now that you've killed him, he will never write new posts. Never! Can't you see? Even if I read only one of those posts per year, there would only be unread posts by him for ten years! And then it's over, I will never hear anything new of him again!"
I called them cruel, immoral and heartless and was very angry at them all.

Then, I woke up. We were still in the same room. I started crying again, because I had been so nasty to my friends as they really hadn't said those things and no one had really killed Legate and Nilp. I explained that I had thought it to be true because it was such a life-like dream (it had really felt very real). They said it was alright and understandable.

Then I really woke up. I was safely in my own bed, alone and thought, "that was a really disturbing dream". I can't really explain this, but in the dream, the dream within the dream had seemed very real and life-like, but when I woke up, both the dream and the dream within the dream seemed quite unreal. Definitely weird.

Also, I think it's quite amusing how the atmosphere and my attitude changes from the first part of the dream to the second. First, I'm very pragmatic and matter-of-fact, and not really moved by what has happened, but in the second part I'm upset, angry and very sad. Odd, isn't it? All in all, I think the first part is quite grotesque but amusing in a way (I and Volo are acting so oddly! ) and it was not nightmare-ish at all, but the second part was really depressing, I'm not sure if I could call it a nightmare, but it was definitely a very bad dream.

And I really don't know what to make of this habit of mine of having rather sinister BD dreams... I hope no one involved is seriously creeped out by this. And lastly, I should probably make it clear that my friends aren't normally like that... this was just a weird dream.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:07 AM   #1231
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Eaaaaieiiii? That's probably the best expression of what I can say about that That's horrific!I don't really understand it. I can't even call it crazy, because it's not the right word. But it must have been horrible in itself (at least as you say, the second part). I really don't know what to think of it
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-07-2008, 04:53 AM   #1232
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Eaaaaieiiii? That's probably the best expression of what I can say about that That's horrific!I don't really understand it. I can't even call it crazy, because it's not the right word. But it must have been horrible in itself (at least as you say, the second part). I really don't know what to think of it
Funny reaction. By the way, "ei" is Finnish for "no", so that first word quite amused me and was appropriate. But, if you don't know what to think of it, I advise you to forget about the second part and merely think about the first part, because the more I think of it, the more it makes me laugh, I mean, Volo's so funny, I'm so cold and pragmatic and the whole situation is all too crazy.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 AM   #1233
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lommy, you are perhaps the person I know with the most interesting subconscious.

I wonder how this is related to my last dream, when all of us had been drinking and dancing in front of a mirror. No more drinking for you, Volo...but I have to thank you for one of those deaths.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #1234
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Lommy, you are perhaps the person I know with the most interesting subconscious.
That's been known for a while... : )

Quote:
Funny reaction. By the way, "ei" is Finnish for "no", so that first word quite amused me and was appropriate. But, if you don't know what to think of it, I advise you to forget about the second part and merely think about the first part, because the more I think of it, the more it makes me laugh, I mean, Volo's so funny, I'm so cold and pragmatic and the whole situation is all too crazy.
Ha, I thought it may have been an unintentionally used Finnish word, given the structure of it
...No, of course not. There would have to be just two a's and i's, not four ...

But I actually thought about it and concluded that I liked the second part more.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #1235
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That dream made my day Lommy. *still laughing*

I had a dream which was not BD-related in itself but maybe somehow connected to Lommy's previous dream. In it I adopted a baby seal.
For what purpose, I wonder?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #1236
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm sorry, I can't resist....

Two baby seals were sitting in a bathtub full of warm crisco. One says, "Pass the soap." The other replies, "What do I look like? A typewriter?"

I kept waking up in the night, and my laptop was right by my pillow with everything but the Downs minimized. I don't know how much of what I saw was a dream and how much was actually posted. I remember someone said something about my duckling, but other than that, it was a blur.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 AM   #1237
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
But I actually thought about it and concluded that I liked the second part more.

I wonder why
Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #1238
Volo

The contrast between part one and part two was especially amusing. I guess you're quite used to me messing up (though I would be quite surprised if your other friend doesn't mess up). I'm quite honored by you helping me out, but I'm rather interested in how I killed the two.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #1239
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
The contrast between part one and part two was especially amusing. I guess you're quite used to me messing up (though I would be quite surprised if your other friend doesn't mess up). I'm quite honored by you helping me out, but I'm rather interested in how I killed the two.
I'm not sure about messing up, but you always seem to appear as more or less pitiful or simple in my dreams, I'm sorry. I'd be interested to know the killing methods too - especially as there was so little left of Nilp...
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #1240
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Volo the Dog ate him.