The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #1241
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Lommy, you are perhaps the person I know with the most interesting subconscious.

Interesting because of the number of people she seems to want dead? Yes interesting is one word ..... disturbing might be another....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #1242
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Volo the Dog ate him.
And it was your fault! Your best friend was hungry, you should have fed him better.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #1243
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Volo is a golden cocker spaniel?

Old 05-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #1244
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Volo is a golden cocker spaniel?
I bet you're envious, since I am - like McGonagall - an Animagus.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #1245
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I hope you are registered.. and indeed ..vaccinated!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #1246
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Volo the Dog ate him.
Nilp as dog food? Eew.

Quote:
Interesting because of the number of people she seems to want dead? Yes interesting is one word ..... disturbing might be another....
Interesting because of the people she seems to want dead. *evil smilie* No, it's the whole dreaming within a dream thing.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #1247
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
[Volo: ]I... I killed Legate and Nilp.
Well, this is certainly interesting . . .
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:48 AM   #1248
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Well, this is certainly interesting . . .
I just sighted a very rare wight! Ahem, yes, glad to see you pop in. And it surely was interesting...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:23 AM   #1249
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Nilp as dog food? Eew.

Interesting because of the people she seems to want dead. *evil smilie* No, it's the whole dreaming within a dream thing.
Perhaps she has been reading too much Poe(try)

A Dream Within A Dream

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Allan Poe

Old 05-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #1250
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Lovely poem Mith!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I'd be interested to know the killing methods too - especially as there was so little left of Nilp...
Why so? I think that's quite obvious. He was blown up. Far more interesting is how Legate ended up small and white and big-headed...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #1251
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Far more interesting is how Legate ended up small and white and big-headed...
Well, yes. I think he might have been bald too...
Old 05-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #1252
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
I hope you are registered.. and indeed ..vaccinated!
Eep! Now I know next time if I play WW, I'll bring along my razors, clippers and angry dog grooming face.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #1253
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I dreamt that I posted on the Ones to Marry -thread that I would marry either Gildor or Merry. Quite funny. My subconscious is obviously telling me things... and it's not making bad picks at all, I must say, (I like both of the characters very much), but I'm rather amused that they were those two, as I played Gildor in Legate's ww and will probably play Merry in the Would there ever be a possibility? -project... Is my subconscious implying that I'm enough for myself? Or that I'm way too self-centered? Or something else?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #1254
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Is my subconscious implying that I'm enough for myself?
Well, there is no hurt in admitting you know yourself the best. Most people can't even brag about that (including m'self a bit ).

On an optional note, you might have set up quite a challenge to anyone who might fancying you, in that you only expect the best as yourself (which isn't bad at all! Everyone needs their own good set of standards), then why not them as well?
Though, I think that is the 'high' standard that all us of the female wit hold at one point or another. Without it the world would be in quite a mess.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #1255
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I finally had a BD dream!!!

(Well it was probably the second but anyway... )

I had it clear in my mind in the morning but it sadly faded during the day.

Anyway there were myself and Lommy with Mac and Nerwen packed into boxes in an Aeroflot / Russian army flight in a huge transport airplane (size of a small city) going to Moscow. We were werewolves. That much I do remember. And it was both fun and exciting - not frightening.

I don't normally dream of Russia either... just to balance that.

You know Bulgakov's "Master and Margarita" is translated in Finnish as "Satan arrives to Moscow"!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #1256
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I too just had my first Barrow Downs dream.

I was part of the crew on a Hollywood film, and Lommy and Greenie were involved somehow. They weren't in it... I think the company was using their house as either a location or a base of operations. It was full of equipment.

The main thing I remember is that everyone was talking about how cliched the plot was (a techno-thriller about hackers and conspiracies and stuff).
Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 AM   #1257
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Pipe

After a long wait I had another BD-Dream, or rather a downer made a cameo in one of my dreams. At times the dream was a bit confusing so I shall leave out bits that only confuses.

It all started with me sitting alone in a bus going to Berlin, for some reason I was very concerned that I might loose some of my lugage. Then for no apparent reason I am being chased and I have to stop a car in order to get away, I decide that the best way to do so is by throwing cookies at the car. of course I fail. (this part of the dream repeats it self, each time with a different cars and different objects such as: Oranges and umbrellas) I was eventually caught and brought to research facility where they tried to erase my memory and do other nasty tests on me, luckely they where not succesful and then I was left alone in a room.

After lying in the room for quite a while I spotted Lhuna talking to some of the evil people, eventually she spotted me as well and came into the room. She talked with me for a while gave me a small kiss on the cheek and then she helped me escape back to the bus for Berlin.

I arrived in Berlin, but of course they had lost some of my lugage. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #1258
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Whoa, doesn't this look like an outbreak of BD dreams?

Maybe it's a BDish-dreamly-favourable season or something...

I haven't had any for a long time though, sadly (?) ...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #1259
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Whilst I was playing Werewolf, I was trying to "think like an innocent", even though I was a Werewolf. I must have done a good job, because one Night I dreamed that Legate was a mass-murderer.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #1260
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Yep, Rune, that's me: a mad scientist pretending to be sweet and innocent. You caught me.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:19 AM   #1261
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
This night, after a long time, I had a BD-dream: I was playing the DWII game and I was innocent. It was the first Day. The Barrow-downs were interestingly conciped: the threads were like a book, i.e. you had a thread page 2 on the left and page 3 on the right of the screen, as if you had an open book in front of you (page 1 was, of course, on the back side of page 2 ). It was even that some long post on the bottom of page 2 continued on the top of page 3. Anyway, what was happening in the game: in second post from the top of page 2, Lommy quoted something I said and she said I am suspicious. I was quite sad and angered by that, and I thought "How stupid! How could she think that?" because I behaved normally, and I couldn't see what she could see as suspicious on me. However, then I thought "wait, don't look on her as on innocent - what if she is a wolf? There was a chance the EW picked her as one of three, that's a large chance - although in these numbers maybe not that big, but still..." But then I thought, she does not seem suspicious in any way, so I concluded that she is innocent.
Then, on the bottom of page 3 there was The Phantom's post, and besides the game stuff, it contained a lot of off-topic rant, concerning an online ladder game (Naruto Arena if anyone knows it) which The Phantom had been playing, and Oddwen was playing it too, and they knew about each other. It showed that THE Ka also played it, as she replied to that on the DW game thread, and they were discussing about climbing up the game ladder, and about challenging each other and having matches against each other. I started to wonder whether the discussion they had is not too much off-topic and that we were supposed to play WW here, but didn't say anything, and they merrily continued in discussing, and I think in the end many other Downers joined them (namely Hookbill and Gil-Galad, I think, and some others).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-18-2008, 06:08 AM   #1262
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Legate, I hope that is not a prediction of what will happen in the next game... *is somewhat worried*
Although, the first part could be from the previous game, couldn't it?
Old 05-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #1263
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Legate, I hope that is not a prediction of what will happen in the next game... *is somewhat worried*
Although, the first part could be from the previous game, couldn't it?
Yes, I wondered about that too
Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #1264
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had this dream about two days after I left with my family on vacation.

It starts where I am sitting on a hill underneath a large Oak Tree. I'm viewing a large valley covered with mounds (obviously the Barrow Downs). A large amount of people are having a party amongst the Barrows and all looks like its going fine. Suddenly I see a huge Bulldozer comes over the horizon with piosenniel (someone who looks like her avatar) in it! She gets out of the Bulldozer and unfurls a flag that says: "No more Signatures for the Downers! Ban them now!". Everyone laughs at her and starts to eat their pizza, but piosenniel gets into her Bulldozer and revs it up. She starts to destroy the Barrow Downs while chanting her slogan that's on her flag! Everyone flees in terror, but Hookbill scribbles some notes onto a piece of paper and just laughs.

I've never had a more complex dream than this!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #1265
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
That is tremendously amusing, Groin.

The other night, I had a dream that Nerwen told me that Diamond18 was dead. It was very realistic, as I was reading an obituary with her RL name in it...I remember musing on the futality of youth.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #1266
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
See, this is what happens to addicts when they can't get their fix. Two days off the Barrow-Downs, and Groin starts going into withdrawal.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #1267
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I had a BD-ish dream this morning, I can't remember a great deal of it though, it's fading away so fast!

I remember that I was in my old school hall and for some reason there was a competition where you had to write an article for the school newspaper. As we didn't have a school newspaper I'm assuming I was thinking of the 'Downer, plus the guy running the competition was a dalek in a top hat, which is how I currently think of Hookbill.

Anyway, the competitors consisted of me, a few RL friends, Lommy and Lhuna. Lhuna was really getting into it, taking charge and saying that if we all wrote something different we could make a newspaper between ourselves and overthrow Hookbill. Lommy and I weren't so keen, saying that we really couldn't be bothered to do it every week so where was the point? Lhuna got quite cross and went storming across the hall ...

... and that's it. That's all I remember. Except that in the middle of the dream Lhuna started a quiz based on TV shows and I won. Unsurprisingly given that the quiz was on English TV shows!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:50 AM   #1268
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I had another dream featuring a Downer this night. I don't remember much of it, but the point was that I was in a place which looked like my grandparents' flat, along with several other people, including my grandparents, but most of them were just some - and I now don't know what - friends? Or just "countrymen"? And there was also Lommy, who was something like a ghost, and she was invisible to anyone but me. And now, some of these countrymen (?) were traitors of our country (or city?) and I was trying to expose them. And Lommy, since she was invisible, helped me a lot with it - for example she followed some of them when they had a secret meeting where no one else was allowed, and she could overhear their plans. And the outcome was, that I was pretending to the traitors that I want to join them, and together with Lommy (who suddenly had a form at that time, I think), we tried to convince them that it was us who built the Trojan horse and thus, made Troy fall. And again, Lommy was invisible and by giving me the information she overheard (the others not only couldn't see her, but not even hear her) she helped me to find the arguments to make the traitors hide inside a Trojan horse and the plan was, I think, to lock them inside the horse or something. I think the dream ended here, however it seemed that they fell for it.

Interesting, eh? I have no idea how I could come up with something that complicated.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:55 AM   #1269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Seems like I've been busy lately, wandering from one dream to other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Anyway, the competitors consisted of me, a few RL friends, Lommy and Lhuna. Lhuna was really getting into it, taking charge and saying that if we all wrote something different we could make a newspaper between ourselves and overthrow Hookbill. Lommy and I weren't so keen, saying that we really couldn't be bothered to do it every week so where was the point? Lhuna got quite cross and went storming across the hall
Haha. Maybe, just to honour your dream, we three should write an article together to 'downer sometime?

Legate - that is interesting for sure. You know, it almost looks like the plot summary of a novel or a short story - or a movie script.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:25 AM   #1270
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Legate, that sounds like a very bizarre episode of Randal and Hopkirk (deceased).

I had a VERY bizarre dream last night...

A friend and I were in London for no reason. We ended up going to Boris Johnson's house (he's a national laughing stock and mayor of London) which doubled as an old people's home. He was trying to keep this secret from the press who were hanging around on his porch. In the house we met Rune who was trying to hide the old people in the attic. He explained that some people kept leaving bombs in Boris' letter box and it was amusing. My friend and I wandered around the house for a while (suddenly becoming Victorians for no reason*) until we discovered that Lommy and A little green were working for Boris as security guards and they were not too pleased to find us in the house.
Naturally we ran around for a while until we discovered a room full of wires. For no reason I can understand, we decided that Boris was up to something sinister and so we started pulling all the wires out of the wall and then ran away. Lommy and greenie were upset and tried to put the wires back.
All of a sudden, it was nighttime and there was a commotion outside; a riot had broken out. Apparently, we had accidentally cut all the power to London and people were not too happy. I remember a lot of fireworks going off and explosions near the house. Rune came back and said he knew of a secret exit... Which turned out to be a London Buss which drove through the wall and into the Themes... That's about where it ended...

* I suspect this has something to do with me watching a Victorian episode of Doctor Who before I went to sleep
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 AM   #1271
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Legate, that sounds like a very bizarre episode of Randal and Hopkirk (deceased).
Oh yes, now thinking of it, it is quite similar. However I have watched Randal and Hopkirk only once, and it was quite some time ago.

And seeing your dream, it was indeed very bizarre...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 AM   #1272
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Haha. Maybe, just to honour your dream, we three should write an article together to 'downer sometime?
I have no problem with that. But you better stick to my plan or I'll be storming out.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #1273
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I have no problem with that. But you better stick to my plan or I'll be storming out.
Ah but Lhuna it was so funny. You tossed your hair and swung your bag up and marched out with your nose in the air.

But sure, a three-authored article sounds fun.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #1274
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

That's freaky - that's exactly how I storm out! Well, except the bag thing, because I use shoulder bags. Say, that makes me look a bit like Hermione.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #1275
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

So I wasn't featured in two but in three dreams last night? Scary...

Anyway, Hookbill, that's really amusing - I can't really imagine myself and Greenie as security guards , we'd be really poor at it...
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #1276
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I belive that it was actually Lommy and Greenie that left bombs the letter box

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #1277
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I belive that it was actually Lommy and Greenie that left bombs the letter box
Hmmm.... Might sound more plausible...
Old 05-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #1278
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Since yesterday was my first proper lurk on the Downs in over a year, it's only fitting that last night I dreamt about it.

I held a dinner party to celebrate the occasion, with all you lovely BDers as guests and a few sundry LotR characters thrown in. Only everybody was too wary of Denethor storming in at any moment to enjoy the party properly, and I had to assure them that he was safely locked away in his tower, happily occupied with some candles and matches (like a kid with building blocks, bless).

Unfortunately, my dream of being shacked up with Denethor in domestic, if flammable, bliss was then abruptly ended by a cat jumping on my pillow.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #1279
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Welcome back, Meela! Apparently some things never change. Sorry about the unsatisfactory ending, but better that than barging in on an already burning Denethor, eh?
Old 05-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #1280
Volo

Among several as interesting, or evem more interesting, dreams I saw a rather BD dream last night.

I was a member of a basic fantasy group, knigts, mages, etc. After some random hanging around we entered the royal castle, which had been captured by the enemy. Oddly the castle was clean and empty. Random people I know somehow, mostly from school (Anssi N. who was a mix of himself and Patrick Wolf) walked down different passages of the castle and more kept coming. Then I understood it was a trap and that the people I thought familiar were actually the enemy. I shouted about the trap and suddenly seven from my group were circled by a band of those appearing people who turned out to be Nazgűl. The Nazgűl slowly circled around the captives and of them stabbed one at a time, killing them. Lommy, who was the in the circle couldn't stand it when it was Rune the Red Knight's turn to be killed and attacked the Nazgűl. The fight began.

I wasn't in the circle at the time, but joined in the fight with my Sting. I could pierce the Nazgűl, but not harm them. Soon, I was cornered by two and at the same time somebody else was cornered at the other end of the hall. I tossed Sting at the Nazgűl far away and hit his back stunning him and letting my friend escape. However I would have been killed myself had I not jumped at one of the two that cornered me and grabbed his weapon (all the Nazgűl had different weapons), a very long saw-like white sword that was loose like a whip. I managed to tear it out of the Nazgűl's grasp and as soon as I struck him with it, he died. I gathered that one could kill a Nazgűl with his own weapon. So I fought the second Nazgűl harrassing me. He had a red long sword. Luckily I couldn't harm myself or my friends with my whip-sword, so with some ease I got hold of the red sword and killed the Nazgűl.

I went to the place where I had stunned the Nazűl with Sting. There, in a small room, three Nazgűl in their human form sat around a table with one more person and two of them played chess. I asked "Who's next?" One of the chess-players rose to come out but I said that maybe the one who isn't playing chess at the moment should be first. "Yeah, sure", the Nazgűl agreed and returned to his game. The one who hadn't been playing chess turned out to be Aganzir in a cloak and her weapon was a staff like Gandalf the Grey's. She seemed to be quite tired of her life but showed more effort than I imagined. In the end I stabber her with her own staff. By then, I remember, I couldn't decide on which of the three weapons I should still carry and how.

Blah, since I'm in the mood, I'll write down the other dream I remember.

In one I was living on a hill and being the village mage. First I messed around with my brothers and neigbours. Then two villagers decided to become thieves and everybody started chasing them, but I kept secretly casting Slow and other stat-lowering spells at my fellow villagers and Haste at the criminals who were trying to run away. I did have to hit the thieves with my sword several times to be believable. After running through the village and through a passage the thieves ran over the border of the village and escaped into a metro station. The other villagers including me couldn't get through the station gates, because our law worked only inside the borders of the village. Then I started casting Cure Light/Moderate Wounds of the villagers.

After that I was invited into the office of the village boss. She asked me in Russian to do a psychological test. I had to mark with a marker which of twenty objects I liked. Four or five first were different levels of liking some popular action film. I marked something that looked like a Soviet film collection DVD. The rest were different dishes. Most looked tasty and smelled good but they all contained meat. The boss was most surprised when I told her that if I wasn't a vegetarian I'd have marked some of the dishes. She asked me if I didn't eat meat at all and why. I was proud to tell her yes and because of ethical reasons.