The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #241
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
And before I forget, one more thing.

Wilwa is also a beautiful woman, probably.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #242
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nerwen-> tp
Bom -> Lottie
Lhuna -> Bom
Lottie -> Zil
Fea -> tp 2

So?

I might be inclined towards Bom as s7he has been mostly careful not to suspec t too many people or to be too open with her/his thoughts about people, but also on his (her) suspicions on me have been basically forged or untrue. That is more like a mark of a spiderling than of Shelob, but we'd do good to get rid of one spiderling as well.

Also I'm a bit weary about Shasta for the same reason (although I could think of him as Shelob as well), but as he has been soo quiet it's hard to say anything definitive about him. A question: who would like to be playing in a subdued mode as to make people make their decisions this way when they weigh a few candidates ("yeah, I don't really have such a feel on him as he has posted so little / left so little mark of him"). Perfect Shelobbery...

Humm...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #243
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Nerwen ++ TP
Bom ++ Lottie
Lhuna ++ Bom
Lottie ++ Zil
Fea ++ TP (2)

Fea and Nerwen are possibilities so long as we have enough votes to clinch them. Inzil- meh. I don't have strong feelings on him, but I'm unlikely to go for him because I kind of need his help. Bom would be easier to take down, but not as satisfying to me personally (though he did ignore my orders not to vote Lottie).

I don't want Lottie dead, and I sure as heck don't want me dead.

As far as Boro- it may simply be too risky to try and lynch him, as that would push him to vote for me.

Can I just request, Boro, if you are innocent- you may wish to consider taking one for the team if it does happen to come down to you versus me. But with these remaining voters I'm guessing you'll end up getting a pass today.

EDIT: x-post with Boro's vote, scratch that last bit... updated tally->
Nerwen ++ TP
Bom ++ Lottie
Lhuna ++ Bom
Lottie ++ Zil
Fea ++ TP (2)
Boro ++ Lhuna

So that means, so far as I'm concerned, that Boro is back on the menu, Nog, Inzil, and others that are around.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #244
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmm. Let's see. Who do I not want to go for?

I guess tp gets a pass, though I still don't trust him totally.

Wilwa seems fairly sensible and innocent, though I tend to have hard time reading her.

Lottie, for now anyway.

I could possibly go for Boro again, since I'm not sure about Nog, and knowing something about Boro could help in that. Also, Boro himself is supported by Lottie, and I could possibly get a better idea about her too.

Then again, Bom's vote looked pretty easy, as Lottie isn't exactly at high risk for a lynch at the moment. He said in his vote-post that she, Wilwa, and tp were "making him suspicious". In the same post , he discounted Wilwa because she "hasn't done anything interesting yet". Yet, here he said Wilwa was suspicious because of her involvement in the Glirdy-wagon. No explanation from one to the other why Wilwa was no longer a consideration, and Lottie still was.

To think....

x/d with all since # 232
Old 05-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #245
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
If Sam had stopped the original spiderling from changing all the way, doesn't that mean someone else would have been stung last Night?
No. I don't think people are understanding how this worked.

Night 1 someone on a list of people (handed in by Shelob) was chosen to be stung.

Day 1 Sam had an oppurtunity to heal that person.

Night 2 if Sam had been unsuccessful that person would have turned completely, if he had been successful then that person would have been returned to being just an innocent. That Night Sam also got another choice to protect another person from being stung. He was either successful, or he was the one who was stung (I'm pretty sure it's the second one).

Since Sally hasn't said anything about a Spawn existing, I think Sam was successful in his choice on Day 1, and by the way Boro is talking I think he is that person. I know that if I was Sam, Boro would have been an option for me on who to try and heal Day 1, cause a lot of people probably would have put him on their list to be on their team if they were Shelob. So I think Sam healed him Day 1, and then Night 2 Shelob chose Sam and was unsuccessful, which would mean we still only have Shelob. But I'm not really sure about the whole Boro thing, since Sally hasn't really clarified whether Shelob has a spawn or not.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #246
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Can I just request, Boro, if you are innocent- you may wish to consider taking one for the team if it does happen to come down to you versus me. But with these remaining voters I'm guessing you'll end up getting a pass today.
Sure. I am afterall, an inconsequential nitwit.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #247
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Sure. I am afterall, an inconsequential nitwit.
I don't think you are today, but you appeared to be saying that yesterday, hence my Spiderling belief. Don't blame me for you acting like you were stung.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #248
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Wilwa is also a beautiful woman, probably.
Not probably. Definitely.

I don't think phantom is a good choice everyone, but I'm not really sure who is. Gah, I hate last minute voting.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boro. Have you lost your marbles for good?

If we should think someone is innocent that would be Lhuna as Sam most probably tried to heal her?

Also Bom's last was an odd one, like an insecure baddie trying to make a ast minute save which actually just makes her look worse - or is it just confusion?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #250
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay people, we need to vote!

I wish to save myself, so I can't really vote right now until the rest of you do, so it's up to you to start the train.

I prefer Boro, but I'll pretty much hop onto any train I have to in order to save myself.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #251
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Nog, even if Sam protected Lhuna, she may not have been the target! Sam could easily have protected Lhuna, who is actually Shelob, and then Shelob attacked Sam. There is no reason to think Lhuna is definitely innocent.

edit: though I don't see her as necessarily being evil either. I have no idea.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #252
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Seriously, short on time here. Out of time for producing points, as they will not have time to be read and considered.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #253
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I don't think you are today, but you appeared to be saying that yesterday, hence my Spiderling belief. Don't blame me for you acting like you were stung.
But I can blame you for not knowing your 70's music!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #254
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Wilwa: I do not say lhuna is definitively innocent, but she's the best we have for a non-baddie (i mean anyone could be Shelob).

And Boro voting her is odd indeed in regards to that.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #255
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Alright, I don't want to get another name on the list.

I won't vote Lottie, cause I'm inclined to trust her. I don't want to vote phantom. I have no opinion on Zil or Bom. And Lhuna is a total enigma to me. So I have no idea.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #256
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
But I can blame you for not knowing your 70's music!
Nobody does, sweetums. Just me.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #257
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'd say Bom or Boro.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #258
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Bom
Old 05-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

++ Bom
Old 05-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #260
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Wilwa: I do not say lhuna is definitively innocent, but she's the best we have for a non-baddie (i mean anyone could be Shelob).
To me, she is no different than anyone else.

++Lhuna

I don't know what else to do. And I like irony.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #261
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, whatever. If I end up dead, all but two of you will be quite sorry indeed.

++Bom

EDIT: wow, quite a x-post, with everyone except Inzil
Old 05-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #262
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I've sent the tally of...

Bom - 4
tp - 2
Lhuna - 2

on to sally. Just so we're on the same page
Old 05-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #263
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nerwen ++ TP
Bom ++ Lottie
Lhuna ++ Bom
Lottie ++ Zil
Fea ++ TP (2)
Boro ++ Lhuna
Inzil ++ Bom (2)
Nog ++ Bom (3)
Wilwa ++ Lhuna (2)
TP ++ Bom (4)

edit: x-post of tallies *facepalm*
Old 05-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #264
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bom rushed along a cave wall, looking for a hole, a crack, anywhere to hide. From them.

"Get him! He'll kill us all!" he heard from behind him.

"I didn't do it! I hate spiders!"

"All the more reason for one of them to attack you, isn't it?"

"Yeah! They'd just attack you out of spite!"

"I didn't- Wait, what?" Bom said, stopping just long enough to turn back and cock his head. "That doesn't even make any- Oh no!"

They'd caught up to him. In retrospect, when trying to sneak off, he probably should have removed his bright yellow boots.

All of them seemed to come at once, knocking him to the ground and pinning him down.

"Count the legs. Quick, count them! Pull them off if you have to...."

"I only have two," he whimpered, trying to kick the appendages in question to prove his point. "Please don't....please don't hurt me."

"One!"

"Two!"

"Thr- Oh. Um, that was his head. Sorry."

Remaining:
Wilwa
Lhuna
Dun
Shasta
Nog
Boro
Phantom
Lottie
Nerwen
Fea

Dead, escaped, or otherwise no longer here:
Glirdan (ordo, lynched Day 1)
Nienna (ordo, withdrew from life)
Bom (ordo, lynched Day 2)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-20-2013 at 10:41 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #265
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The glow was gone tonight. Excellent.

Shelob carefully rose to her feet, creeping around and over the sleeping bodies of those around her. There, before her, was a neck that looked particularly vulnerable. Yes, she thought to herself, this will do for a start. She lowered herself beside them, running one of her feelers through their hair, then she struck. The victim lurched awake, but passed out from the pain before they could even scream. Finished with her business, Shelob returned to her place, the only evidence left of her acts two small red marks.

Alive:

Nog
Fea
Dun
Boro
Lhuna
Lottie
Nerwen
Phantom
Shasta

Gone:
Glirdan (ordo)
Nienna (ordo)
Bom (ordo)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-20-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #266
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry for not being around yesterday - college graduation (no, I didn't graduate myself, but I was still busy).

In any case, what was with the Bom wagon yesterday? I've reread it twice and still don't understand it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #267
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

No idea about the Bom wagon, Shasta. I pretty much just went with it because I wanted to save my skin.

And Boro- I never for a minute considered THAT was what you were up to with those comments, as given the "no reveals & no false reveals" rule I assumed that anything along those lines that was most definitely a hint towards one particular role was illegal.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #268
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
According to my personally crafted game rules, it is completely acceptable for me to claim any role I want. Fea for President!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #269
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right then, just to make it so that anyone else can do so without appearing to be claiming something-

-if I inspected two people for Stings, then I inspected Wilwa and Lottie and found that they had not been stung.

There. Now everyone else can follow that formula, including the real Doctor, and maybe we can gain some info.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #270
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

two unrelated rulings

No more of these hypotheticals. It's getting silly.

Also, watch the hints. You know who you are, and I see what you(s) did there.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #271
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also....

SHENANIGANS!

I haven't seen a youtube video in Days. Harrumph.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #272
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
SHENANIGANS!

I haven't seen a youtube video in Days. Harrumph.
Alright, alright!

But in all seriousness, we have what? Shelob and two Spiderlings now? Or just the one Spiderling still?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #273
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
But in all seriousness, we have what? Shelob and two Spiderlings now? Or just the one Spiderling still?
We're probably here-
1-1-1-6

Shelob, Spiderling, Been-Stung innocent, six unstung innocents.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #274
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
We're probably here-
1-1-1-6

Shelob, Spiderling, Been-Stung innocent, six unstung innocents.
And the Been-Stung is trying to tell us who xe is, right? So would the best method be just to lynch whoever looks the most suspicious toDay?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #275
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
In any case, what was with the Bom wagon yesterday? I've reread it twice and still don't understand it.
What put Bom in the lead for me had to do with how I felt about two others. I was leaning toward trusting Lhuna, and she went for Bom. I also felt better about Wilwa that I did about most others, and she was defending Boro, who was my other top pick.

I might look at Nerwen if I get a chance. She doesn't seem to be as aggressive in her baddie-hunting as I've grown accustomed.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #276
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
And the Been-Stung is trying to tell us who xe is, right? So would the best method be just to lynch whoever looks the most suspicious toDay?
Yes to the first question, but I dunno about that second question... I mean- if we always lynch the last to be stung, we'll never get to the actual Spiderling, nor Shelob, and she's really the only important target.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #277
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Yes to the first question, but I dunno about that second question... I mean- if we always lynch the last to be stung, we'll never get to the actual Spiderling, nor Shelob, and she's really the only important target.
If we kill Shelob toDay, the Spiderling doesn't become Shelob in her stead anymore, does it? In that case, I'd suggest going after Zil. I'm almost certain he's evil. I don't know whether he's Shelob or Spiderling, but either way, I'm pretty sure we'd be better off lynching him. Again, no solid evidence, but you can read it out of his posts when he's evil.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #278
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sting

If Shelob dies toDay, the game is over.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #279
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Looking at Nerwen wasn't nearly as productive as I'd hoped. There was a lot of banter, true, but the same could be said for many, including myself. She's made some points, and I guess what's struck me is that she hasn't been around a great deal, and as I said doesn't seem as aggressive as normal. She did mention some RL stuff, however. No vote from her Day 1, and a vote for tp yesterDay.

A throwaway vote from a spiderling would be foolish, I think, since the baddies want to reduce the number of innocents as quickly as possible. I could see Shelob hiding behind a throwaway quite easily, though.

All that's to say that there really isn't anything concrete against Nerwen, beyond the vote yesterDay. I don't think she's a likely spiderling, but Shelob can't be ruled out.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #280
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Alrighty, so toDay is going to be just dreadful for me. I am now going to sleep, and I go to work again first thing in the morning, and my shift is done about 1 hour before DL. So you'll get this post, and then I'll be around for the last hour of the Day. I'm sorry I can't do any more than that.

I'm still totally confused by this game. Mainly because I still would really like to know for sure whether there is a spiderling or not, but I get the feeling that we shall never get clarification on that one.

I'm going to remain confused about Boro, I honestly have no idea about him either way, and it's frustrating. Everyone else looks guilty. First couple Days of any game usually everyone looks innocent to me. Then right around now everyone starts looking terribly guilty. I just don't know where to start, and I'm exhausted and need to sleep and have no time to look into anyone. I really wish I could be more useful.

I'll be back tomorrow, maybe I can hop on quickly before work.