The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #441
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
<3 Nerwen for being the second person we wolves suspected of Seeing (you were actually Mith’s idea, so I give her the credit). I can now answer your question: “how likely is it that Wolflote would make a wolf-on-wolf attack on Wolf55 at that point and in that way?” Very likely. In fact, it’s a fact. By the way, it would be interesting to know who you protected.
On Night 2, much to my chagrin, I protected you, on the basis that if you and Sally were both innocent, your defence of her would look Seer-ish. What really annoys me is that this was a last minute switch– from Shasta! (Yes, the weird Ranger-rules missed coming into play on Night One by that much!). On Night 3 I protected Legate.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #442
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
On Night 2, much to my chagrin, I protected you, on the basis that if you and Sally were both innocent, your defence of her would look Seer-ish. What really annoys me is that this was a last minute switch– from Shasta! (Yes, the weird Ranger-rules missed coming into play on Night One by that much!). On Night 3 I protected Legate.
Well, it's good to know my dear one thought about me, at any rate.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #443
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Well... we fought valiantly...

<3 Mith for being my fellow pack mate, and for listening to my ramblings every Night. Also, for saying this in one PM: “you are far better than me at this you clever things”. Love you back! ^.^ Also, D3: you’re tied with Nog, and you were the last to be voted. I’m sitting at my computer and freaking out. I’m thinking “NOOOO!!!! Not Mith! Why didn’t you wait just one more minute, then you would have lived for at least another Day!!! What am I going to do without you? Plus, I know Eomer is the Seer, and I really need to tell that to someone. Don’t leave me!!! If you’re lynched I’m going to be all alone! And there’s still Nilp’s vote. He’ll save you…” Then I see Zil’s post that the Day is over and that you are lynched. Me: “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ”
Galadriel, I was so unhappy at that point I really did nearly vote for myself but as I said I had a duty to you to say alive. Ironically I hadn't looked at the what happens in event of a tie but I thought Sally would miss the vote again. I held off as long as I could but the clocks must ahve been out of whack. I was sure Eomer was the Seer and had I been you I would probably have killed him anyway. Most disconcertingly for me he always suspects me strongly the games when I am not a wolf and this time he left me alone. I am sorry in a way the Ranger thing didn't happen. It was an interesting idea Zil. And it isn't your fault but I am certainly going to follow Nilp's example and remember how this was if I am ever tempted to play again,

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 AM   #444
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thanks for the game, Zil, and of course all my fellow players too. I'm glad you managed Day4 without me too. Hats off Eomer, that was pretty! Have to agree with Nogrod that the village did very well in this won - the wolves played well too, but this time the village played better. Village victories make me happy.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #445
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I was sure Eomer was the Seer and had I been you I would probably have killed him anyway.
I was sure about Eomer as well - but I'd never kill a Seer who voted me three times in a row!

Tough luck, Nerwen! To tell you the truth, I realised too late on N2 that Shasta was such an obvious target that he's most likely protected, and we needed to avoid the Ranger at all costs. I was sitting on needles since I sent the name in and until the narration.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #446
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I suppose you had to just hope I wasn't the seer, because killing me would surely have implicated you. Although you never quite know with villagers.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #447
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I suppose you had to just hope I wasn't the seer, because killing me would surely have implicated you. Although you never quite know with villagers.
How could I hope that you weren't the Seer when I knew that you were one? I was waiting for that reveal on D4.

~~~

Well, for anyone interested, this is what has been going on at Night...

***DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO DIE OF BOREDOM***

The first WW-related PM was Zil’s one about the roles. I was fully expecting to be an ordo, and then I read: “Congratulations! You are one of the wolves”. I think: Oh bother.

N1 was spent telling each other what inadequate wolves we all are. The best Night, I assure you.

My first words on N2: “What have I said? What have I done? Whenever you open your big mouth you put a foot in it!”. The rest of the Night was just deciding on Shasta – but considering Legate – and me rambling about a possible fake Seer reveal on D2, which thankfully I didn’t need. Me and Mith agreed that this will probably be the shortest WW game ever – lasting only 3 Days. (Well, we were ust one Day off.)

Hat’s off to Mith who suggested Nerwen (though as a Seer) on N3. Nog – you don’t realize how close you were to being killed instead of Nerwen! But that kill would be too risky for Mith, so that idea was discarded. Oh yeah, my first words:

Quote:
O MY GOD!!! I MADE IT THROUGH D2 WITHOUT HAVING TO DO A REVEAL!!!

Sorry about that. I was away for a couple hours and only came back now - expecting to find myself hanging off the very tree that is occupied by Kit! Almost every time someone analyses me they say "look how wolfish she is... but she's just a confused innocent". Especially Nilp's post. I was fully prepared for his vote following right after, but then he ends everything with ‘not gonna vote her’.”
I spent N4 all alone. By this time I knew Eomer was the Seer (his consistent voting, as well as this: “I'm finding it very hard in this game to focus on more than 2 or 3 players!” aka the wolves), but I couldn’t kill him, because then I’d be lynched right off the bat due to his votes. I was torn about who to kill because everything would make me look bad. I thought that Nog would be such an obvious choice that someone will think that it would be absurd for me to kill him. Well, I was wrong. >.<
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #448
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Also Nerwen was less likely to be a lynch candidate and with no chance of getting her killed during the day she would have been a priority night kill even without the gifted hint. Far too too dangerous on the side of the angels.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #449
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Far too too dangerous on the side of the angels.
Only the good die young, as they say.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #450
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
How could I hope that you weren't the Seer when I knew that you were one? I was waiting for that reveal on D4.
How could you know?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #451
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
How could you know?
I did.

Really, it's much easier to read Seer clues when you're a wolf than when you're an ordo.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #452
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Really, it's much easier to read Seer clues when you're a wolf than when you're an ordo.
You'll seldom see a more paranoid creature than a lone WW baddie.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #453
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
But when I relised that Eomer is the Seer, I wasn't alone at all! Mith was still by my side then!

I think Seeromer summed N4 up very well here:

Quote:
I think she knows I'm the seer but she couldn't kill me at night because that would obviously reveal all and end the game. I've known the game was over since Mith died.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #454
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
How about an innocent ordo in an endgame with another innocent + a wolf...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #455
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
How could you know?
Posts 369 and 370. You said you could only focus on a couple of players this game and voted for Galadriel saying you pictured the others as innocent.

Screamed I am the seer....

Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #456
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
How about an innocent ordo in an endgame with another innocent + a wolf...
Let's not talk about that ever again....

EDIT: x'd with Mith
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #457
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Posts 369 and 370. You said you could only focus on a couple of players this game and voted for Galadriel saying you pictured the others as innocent.

See, I thought about that, but I'd convinced myself that Nog was the seer, so I thought it was either a fake seer hint to confuse the wolves or that it was a fake seer hint because he was a wolf. Then Nog died.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #458
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:

Exactly!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #459
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:

No... I meant that I was finding it difficult to analyse many of the players; Gala, Sally and Nilp were the only ones I really investigated. That's what I meant.

My point is you didn't know I was the seer. Undoubtedly you guessed I was and, as it happened, you guessed correctly. But there was still the chance you would get lucky and have it turn out to be Nog.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #460
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I never considered Nogrod as seer for a moment. I suspected you a bit early but wondered whether a first timer would be a likely first time dread, and was fairly convinced even before those posts. Nothing else made sense. Of course we had the advantage of knowing that you weren't one of us and that Galadriel was . Plain ordos are seldom quite so definite about suspects. So if you mean we can't have know because we weren't party to the role email no we didnt' know but I knew by circumstantial evidence and instinct. After I was dead I so nearly told you I knew in a rep and only just stopped myself in time! We can debate the semantics but I would have put good money on it. Of course knowing is useless if you can't do anything with the information.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #461
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
No... I meant that I was finding it difficult to analyse many of the players; Gala, Sally and Nilp were the only ones I really investigated. That's what I meant.

My point is you didn't know I was the seer. Undoubtedly you guessed I was and, as it happened, you guessed correctly. But there was still the chance you would get lucky and have it turn out to be Nog.
Well there's also the fact that you were careful not to be too sure about anyone - except for me.

However, you're right, we didn't know for 100%... But we knew 99.9%, and I was ready to eat 10 hats if you weren't the Seer...