Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #321
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Kath - with the battle starting on Thursday, I'm thinking we should probably move time onto the morning so that we can get in position and such before the battle starts. You can do this in your next post, or I could do it; it doesn't really matter to me. I'd do it but I want to give you a little more time to respond to my last post. Either way, I think by Wednesday evening at least we should get the Orcs into the day of the battle.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #322
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Save finally filled. Maegisil will be walking home soon...maybe he can run into someone. Maybe.

I think we'll be moving on to the next day in Eregion soon.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:06 PM   #323
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Durelin, it's fine if Maegisil doesn't run into Cainenyo. I don't want to pressure you, and now Esgal is here, too.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #324
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ok Firefoot I'll try to get a post up about middayish tomorrow to do that.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:14 AM   #325
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've put up a post Firefoot, is it what you wanted?
Old 08-03-2005, 06:15 AM   #326
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Yeah, that's fine. I was just looking for it to be morning, and that's what you did. I'll probably have a post up a little later on today.

Last edited by Firefoot; 08-03-2005 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:47 AM   #327
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So . . . the Dwarves are on their way down the path along the lake to find the Elves. They are more or less in position to run to the assist of the Elves once the attack begins.

Lorien Elves - we just need you to get in position near the head of the valley/the foot of the lake so the Orcsesssss can beging to harass you all . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 08-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #328
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
I'm very sorry everyone, but I will not be able to post for the next two days. Anyone in the battle seen can carry my character as they see fit (though I'd prefer he not die just yet). I'm sorry if this causes any problems.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #329
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Quick note... my SAVE of August 2 has been filled in.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #330
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've PMed Seth Cotton to make sure he knows that he is needed. If he does not respond...it might be that the battle will have to be postponed just a little longer, unless a carry along of both the Lorien characters is necessary.

And don't worry, Arestevana. No one's going to kill off your character, though you're always allowed to do that yourself.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #331
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I will be away tomorrow (Friday) through Sunday, so will not be able to post then.

Will be back on line Monday.

-- Arry
Old 08-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #332
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

I think the battle will have to be on hold until Monday.

I'm taking a two day trip this weekend and will be away from the computer.

Folwren and Arry will be unavailable.

And Boro will be the only Dwarf about - but not until tomorrow , Friday.

So . . . Arestevana and Seth C., please get the Lorien Elves in position by Monday.

If you are unable to do that, then I'll write for the Lorien Elves on that day.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #333
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420!

My word, that's remarkable. Everyone seems to be leaving this week end. It makes no difference to me if the battle is postponed. Should I (or any of the dwarves) write anything until then, do you suppose? I still have tomorrow to post something.

Arry, Skald's swearing to keep Bror safe made me think of some things that could possibly happen during the battle. I don't want him to die, no, but I wouldn't mind, necessarily, if he were wounded, if you wanted to give you character a chance for some rather violent emotions. Depends on whatever you want. I'm apparently going to be gone for the battle, but, really, honestly, if you (and this is for all dwarves here) want to do something with my character so that you can do anything with yours, go ahead.....anything short of killing him or making him loose a limb or something that drastic. I'm sure you understand.

-Folwren
Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #334
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Just informing everyone I got back about an hour ago. I'll do a catch up post, and so I see that the skirmish is being held off? That's fine, might even be better (for myself).
Old 08-05-2005, 07:10 AM   #335
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I have a large problem if the battle is postponed any later than Sunday as I will then be away for two weeks.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:45 PM   #336
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Kath - Oh dear...Perhaps you could do a quick post ahead of time just as a general *my character is there and is doing this* (if you know what I mean....), and for everything else, your char can simply be 'carried along' as needed? The post you do ahead of time could be posted by anyone you'd like (I'd be glad to post it...), if you don't mind that.

Elves of Eregion - My next post will move us to the next day if that's alright with everyone. Sorry, I should've had another post up several days ago...
Old 08-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #337
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

What if...

What if we started the battle on Sunday, so Kath could have a chance to post. The Dwarves don't need to be there at the start of the battle, so they could come to the rescue on Monday.

Would this work?
Old 08-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #338
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

That would be nice...only problem is, the Lorien Elves aren't around until Monday...

Though Pio has volunteered to carry along the Elves, and I'd be glad to do it as well.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #339
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was pretty much thinkinig the same thing as Durelin just mentioned. Kath could write a post before hand...or give instructions to someone.

You will have no internet access these next two weeks?

And as for me, this is my last day here for the next week and three days or so. I've given whatever instructions needed for my dwarf.

Happy RPing!

- Folwren
Old 08-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #340
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
I'm back now.

I'll try and catch up with everything...wow, there are quite a few new posts that I haven't read yet.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheers,
Oro
Old 08-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #341
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Reminders for posting to the RPG:
  • ~*~ Please don't use icons or smileys on your game posts -- save them for the Discussion Thread.

• ~*~ Please don't put a 'reason for editing' comment on the RPG for why you edited your post. If it was something you need to draw attention to, then post about it on the Discusion Thread.

Thanks!

~*~Pio
Old 08-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #342
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ok I can write a post tomorrow and then send it to Firefoot or Encai so they can put it in where they think it should fit. Any preferences over who gets it? Also, what do you want me to do - I could do the bit just before we ambush so I don't have any tag along characters or things that need to be continued by me.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #343
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

More bad news... Seth Cotton has been having internet troubles, and now he says he will be away from tomorrow morning (Monday, 8th of August) until Friday.

I can carry either Seth Cotton's or Arestevana's characters along, or both. Or, if it works better, someone else could. (I also might talk to CaptainofDespair to see if he's available for carrying along...) What would work best for you Dwarves and Orcs, since this is your battle?

Edit: I have just posted, and it is now morning in Eregion.

Last edited by Durelin; 08-07-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #344
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Reminders for posting to the RPG:
  • ~*~ Please don't use ***ICONS*** or smileys on your game posts -- save them for the Discussion Thread.

• ~*~ Please don't put a 'reason for editing' comment on the RPG for why you edited your post. If it was something you need to draw attention to, then post about it on the Discusion Thread.

Thanks!

~*~Pio
Old 08-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #345
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Since we aren't starting the battle yet I think it would be easier for everyone if my fellow orcs just carried my character along and killed him at the first opportunity. I have not had time to write a post today because of the packing rush and I will not be online again until the 22nd. Apologies to Firefoot and Encai, please just do the best you can - and give him a nice gruesome death Good luck with the battle!
Old 08-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #346
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm sure we'll come up with something nice and gory, Kath. Sorry to see you go, but have a great time in Spain!

An additional note: I don't know how often I'll be able to post over the next few days -- computer problems. I'll do what I can.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #347
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Kath, we could have just carried him along. But if you want to kill your character off, we can do that, and it was nice playing with you while it lasted! Hm... maybe Grimkul will get his revenge after all...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #348
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Kath - The big battle has yet to come! Don't kill your character yet! Pleeeease!
Old 08-08-2005, 03:22 AM   #349
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.

My deepest apologies to Winston Churchill from whom I adapted Gil-galad's send off speech to Elrond and his little army. It was a shameless rewording of the "Be Ye Men of Valour" speech in 1940 when the German forces had broken through the French lines.

----------

Oro

It is early Spring of SA 1696 - I have the army of 500 just setting out . . . slowly, of course, and by the time Spring thaws things out, we will be up to our Elven behinds in muck and mud.

I gave the army 450 actual warriors - 100 spears, 200 swords, 150 bows. Along with the captains in each weapon section, us 3 commanders and Lord Elrond and his yet unnamed aide that makes 500. There are of course the supply wagons and those supply Elves coming along too, as well as . . . oh say, 250 horses (100 of which are from Numenor by way of Alcarfalon's ship).

I have Elrond heading out of Mithlond (the Grey Havens) to where the Blue Mountains (Ered Luin) lay a short way to the east of our starting point. I thought we could inch our way down the eastern foot of the mountains ( relatively short chain) and then head east - across the part of Eriador called Minhiriath. It is a large section, probably much like the Shire lands, that lies between the southern Baranduin(Brandywine River) and the southern Gwathló (Greyflood River).

Would you like to take us to our first encampment? Probably just as we reach the Blue Mountains, before we turn south. It's still a little snowy and icy - there will no doubt be grumbling about the conditions!

Ondomirë will have laid in a personal supply of wine. Feel free to come to his tent for a glass or two to drive off the chill . . .

- E -

Last edited by Envinyatar; 08-08-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #350
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

"We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy."

-- Speech made to the Canadian Parliament, December 30, 1941.

Go Elves of Lindon!

----------------

On a different note:

Perhaps we should delay the Orc/Dwarf battle until computers are working and more players have returned.

What do you think?

-- Arry
Old 08-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #351
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Just to toss in my idea...

I mentioned this to Durelin last night. I'm not too sure of the effectiveness it all, but it could be done. If certain contingents cannot post for certain right now, and the delay might thwart the game's timeline, those that can post could do a sort of time jump. Then, later, the Elves and Dwarves could perhaps 'relay' the event to the Eregion Elves, or whomever applicable. This could be done in one of those spiffy flashback sequences we see in movies.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #352
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I would rather wait and play out the battle. It's far more fun for me than writing a flashback.

There is no actual timeline that's in jeopardy at the moment, most of us are simply filling in with play as we might while the Elves of Eregion move their timeline along and set their stage for when we can all get together. (And please don't think that I'm urging the Jewelsmiths to hurry it up - I'm not.)

The Orc/Dwarf battle can actually be set much nearer the time when Sauron is about to sweep over Eregion. The 'time' of it is rather nebulous - so, it seems to me we have more freedom to play with it.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #353
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I thought the Eregion elves were in winter of 95?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 08-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #354
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eregion Elves are in the winter of 95.

The Dwarves and Orcs are somewhere in that time vicinity . . .

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-08-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #355
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I agree with pio; I would much rather play the battle out than relay it.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #356
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Looking at when people will be gone:

- Lorien Elves -

Arestevana - 4th thru the 7th or 8th
Seth Cotton - 8th thru the 12th

---

- Orcs -

Encaitare - computer probs; 7th thru maybe the 10th or so
Kath - 8th thru the 22nd

---

- Dwarves -

Folwren - now thru the 15th

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about if we get the Lorien Elves in position by a week from now (Monday or Tuesday, the 15th/16th.

Then the Orcs can begin their attack.

The Dwarves are already in place to come to the defense of the Elves.

If we take the battle slowly, then we'll have time to pick up everyone, including Kath who should be back a week after we start. The other 2 Orcs of Enca and Firefoot can carry her character along until she returns to write for him.

How does this strike everyone?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #357
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Arestevana has returned, and says he will get a post up today getting the Lorien elves in position. Is this what should be done right now, or would everyone prefer to hold off a little longer?

Quote:
The Eregion Elves are in the winter of 95.
The winter of 95-the spring of 96. Somewhere around there...being too exact would ruin all the fun...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #358
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
I will be absent again from the 14th through the 21st of this month. Don't change the dates for the battle on my account, though: I'll make sure the Lorien Contingent is there. If Seth Cotton isn't back, I can PM a post to Durelin or Pio if necessary.
I'm sorry for bailing on everyone again. In the meantime, I will post this evening to bring the Lorien contingent closer to the meeting point.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:13 PM   #359
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Firefoot, I'm free for anytime so it's up to people who have time constraints.

I filled in my save. It's short, but I got the dwarves started on the road. Sorry Arry, but Orin got the impression Skald wasn't too pleased with his selection of armor.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #360
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Arestevana has returned, and says he will get a post up today getting the Lorien elves in position. Is this what should be done right now, or would everyone prefer to hold off a little longer?

The winter of 95-the spring of 96. Somewhere around there...being too exact would ruin all the fun...

I only panicked because suddenly I thought I would have to edit - a birth and a birthday to be past not future events...............

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace