Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2006, 05:48 AM   #281
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Only one thing though... if there is no-one in town, how will we man the rafts? and most importantly... if they all escaped (which is what I assume has happened, unless we find the village torched down) wouldn't the rafts be on the other side of the river?
I thought, I kind of told you already, that I was going to present our party something of a problem at the ferry (read: at the place, where the actual ferry should be...)?

The questions you ask, do belong to those problems we will face. Luckily you haven't solved all the problems here with Naria, so there will still be some thinking to do in the actual game too...

And luckily too, all the solutions you have suggested so far won't work, bacause of the setting of the situation...

But nice to hear, that you like the idea!

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-02-2006 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #282
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thanks Wulfhamers For the help! I will post today when I get home from School.Also Arry did you want Vaenosa to take a walk? Then you could approach her.

UUUmmmm Nevermind!!! I had time before class so I posted already. I left it open for you Arry to approach her, she's lying in the grass.

Last edited by Valier; 03-02-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #283
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Nogrod

I didn't ask for your opinion, why did you give it anyway? =P no, ok.. I was adressing you first, so then I meant to add the others as well for the question, not to leave you out. My mistake.
Oh my! I hadn't even the slightest idea of an offence in mind, when I wrote that I'll answer, even though you don't ask me! Just thought it good fun, when there were a list of all others at the end of your message, and I happened to be the first to answer!

I thought that awful-green grin would have kind of showed it...

But you are very thoughtful, Farael. I do appreciate it.

Anyways.

Let's keep moving - or at least doing something. I might try to write something quite now (before the WW continues), and I truly think, we shouldn't leave Meghan too far behind. Let's see, how we can manage this so that we can embrace her back!

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-02-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #284
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Offence? sorry, I was just being a smart... bottom... no, I was just joking! Anyhow, I'll wait for you to post and then I'll try to get a post up as well. Most likely, it'll be this afternoon as I'm soon leaving for a Lab... but looking forward to see what you have for us
Old 03-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #285
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Nogrod:

Quote:
Luckily you haven't solved all the problems here with Naria, so there will still be some thinking to do in the actual game too...

Sorry if I have stepped on your toes here . I figured since we are going to be as one group soon, I would offer some assistance to Farael's question. It was meant to be a suggestion not a "This is what we are going to be doing and this is how we are going to be doing it." Like you have been doing so far and yes your idea of a deserted town is a good one. I realize that your character was sent out to guide the young ones, but I think it was intended to be just your character not you as a person in this thread. Other people will have their opinions and will want to help and offer suggestions at some point in this game and I think that we would all look at what that person has said and take it into consideration, even if we had a concrete 'map'. You surely don't have to use my suggestion regarding the ferry, that is of course your prerogative. Like I said it was just a suggestion.

Quote:
And luckily too, all the solutions you have suggested so far won't work, because of the setting of the situation...

Last edited by Naria; 03-02-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #286
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
= Naria
Sorry if I have stepped on your toes here .
Not the least! Don't worry. I was smiling quite widely, as I wrote my post. I assure you, it was positive anyhow...

Quote:
= Naria
I figured since we are going to be as one group soon, I would offer some assistance to Farael's question. It was meant to be a suggestion not a "This is what we are going to be doing and this is how we are going to be doing it." Like you have been doing so far and yes your idea of a deserted town is a good one. I realize that your character was sent out to guide the young ones, but I think it was intended to be just your character not you as a person in this thread. Other people will have their opinions and will want to help and offer suggestions at some point in this game and I think that we would all look at what that person has said and take it into consideration, even if we had a concrete 'map'. You surely don't have to use my suggestion regarding the ferry, that is of course your prerogative. Like I said it was just a suggestion.
Well, this I guess, is a special case, as we have made a deal - with Arry's consent - that I could prepare a little surprise for our party. In that situation, I would have to be the one to give the overall scheme for the others to play. I have left the basic map very open indeed for anyone to react to it on their own will & imagination (well I admit suggesting some posts while riding through the empty town: it sounded so nice and fruitful, that it would have been a pity, if someone would have rushed us straight to the ferry-place without coming to think about that possibility).

And I really don't mind others helping, not at all. I would be very happy to have myself given suggestions and ideas too. All I'm thinking, is being in a good story, where we players might have fun.

If you refer to the earlier "rush-night" post, where I tried to give my suggestion for how to continue from now on, you may be more right. For a while I really thought, whether I should write that post or not, but as everything seemed to go so fast, and one could never know, what other people were writing - just at the same minute you were writing yours, I kind of tried to offer one view of things we would need. It really was feverish: as you had written five sentences, and took a look at the thread, things had changed already: so it was crying for some plan or another. And after that we discussed it together, whether we should have some overall strategies to let others know (we: not me alone!). And anyhow, my suggestion surely would be open to other suggestions! It was just one way to see it... I think everyone has the right to suggest. You seem to concur with it too in your post.

Waiting for our teams to meet up...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-02-2006 at 04:53 PM. Reason: corrected the quote headings... & added 1 sentence
Old 03-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #287
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Save filled
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #288
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds great Arry! I will try to get a post up a.s.a.p .Tonight or if not tomorrow morning.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #289
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valier

Can you go ahead and put up a SAVE for yourself

I have an encounter I'm working on for our group and will be moving the Wulfhamers ahead a day or so late tonight my time (Pacific U.S.)

Thanks!

I'll also leave a general SAVE up for any one who needs a last post or so, before we move on.

--Arry
Old 03-02-2006, 10:51 PM   #290
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Yes, Eostre has been over the river before...

I appologize for my posts seeming defensive. That is not how I intended them to be; if they were interpeted that way, I'm sorry. Nowhere did I intend to imply that I didn't think anyone here was a good RPer or whatnot. It's simply my time doesn't permit me to post much more than a couple times a week and I didn't like the idea of holding the rest of the RP up when everyone wants to move it forwards quite fast.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #291
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

My Post is done Arry!
Old 03-03-2006, 01:39 AM   #292
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Heehehee. I just realized that over the course of five pages, Fionn has somehow acquired a second "N" in his name. Originally I created him as Fion, but now I somehow cannot write it without adding the extra letter!

You could say that his character has already grown since the beginning of the game. By one whole letter.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:59 AM   #293
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wulfham group my post is also done. I can't wait until we are finally back on the "road" yay!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:23 AM   #294
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeggaladiel
Heehehee. I just realized that over the course of five pages, Fionn has somehow acquired a second "N" in his name. Originally I created him as Fion, but now I somehow cannot write it without adding the extra letter!

You could say that his character has already grown since the beginning of the game. By one whole letter.
You know, I noticed that but I thought it was just me. I know I had been writing his name as Fionn but when I went back to your character sheet to find something to ask him about, I saw it was Fion. I stayed silent hoping no-one would notice but I guess it wasn't just me.

Yet now I'm jealous, from now on refer to my character as Osmodnn

Ok, that was a bad one... but hey, it's 2 22 AM and I just finished a really boring and yet complicated lab report.... let me enjoy it while I can!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:58 AM   #295
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've brought the Wulfhamers to a small village that has been burnt down by Orcs and Easterlings. If all goes as planned we will be joined by one of our cameo character/players early this mornig, Real Time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Let's go ahead and poke about the village for a few posts today. If the cameo writer can't get online by tomorow - I'll go ahead and put up her first post and we can go from there.

-- Arry

Last edited by Arry; 03-03-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #296
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Undómë & the Bregowarians

After Meghans happy decision, (Hurraah!) I have tried to move us forwards with a mail, where Sythric and Raedwald have been riding together and remembering the old days.

Undómë: If you do mind of that kind of handling of your character, please let me know. I can change that one...

But really, I do feel, we should be coming into the "ghost-town" in a minute...
Old 03-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #297
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Okay, I stuck in another save with a brief summary of my post-to-come after I get back from youth group (I'd do it now, but I have to go... sigh...). I'll bring us the rest of the way into town in my post if no one posts after me to do it (if that's okay), in which case I'll just stick to the approach. How were we going to have our two groups meet up in this ghost town?

Is Eostre really the only cynical/semi-bad character? (muses)
Old 03-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #298
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn Skywalker
Is Eostre really the only cynical/semi-bad character? (muses)
I don't think so. I haven't been reading the Wulfham Gang's posts as deeply as I have the Brego Bunch's posts (I know: bad, bad Maeg) but Vaenosa seems to be something of the Wulfham equivalent. (Although she has just revealed the reason for her attitude, and we've yet to learn about Eostre's past.)

And I don't know how the others percieve Eostre, but Fionn doesn't think she's "bad--" just tough. Fionn, being the happy-and-naieve boy that he is, is somewhat afraid of her.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #299
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
How were we going to have our two groups meet up in this ghost town?

Just a clarification - the two groups aren't meeting up as yet. So far, the Bregos are still on the east side of the river. Once the Bregos cross the river, then they can head south and catch up to the Wulfham group.

At the moment, the Wilfham group is about a day and a half south of where the Bregos will cross the river. We've just come across a town that's been raided and burned by some Orcs and Easterlings. We'll hang out there until the Bregos can get down to us --- which means, that once you get across the river, you should compress a little time and get in some sort of position to descover our group.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #300
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wulfhamers

Let's do split up for a little while -- an extra horse or two would be good to find. We might use them as packhorses for whatever unspoiled supplies and extra weapons we can find.

Like Valier put in her post - coming upon this wrecked village should make it very real for all of us that this is what could be happening to our village . . . or to us, if we're not careful.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #301
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Okay... my confusion was justified by the fact that the two groups are going through very similar things. I'm not sure where everyone is, so... yeah. So Bregoware is coming up to a town and the ferry's beyond that, am I correct? Or do we get to swim our horses across the river?

As only the one town was named, I wasn't certain if both groups were very nearby or not.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #302
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Okay... my confusion was justified by the fact that the two groups are going through very similar things. I'm not sure where everyone is, so... yeah. So Bregoware is coming up to a town and the ferry's beyond that, am I correct? Or do we get to swim our horses across the river?

As only the one town was named, I wasn't certain if both groups were very nearby or not.
As I see it - Arry please correct me if I'm wrong - we Bregowarians are aprroaching the river Anduin from the east, as we are "Outlanders", people living beyond the Great River. Bregoware is situated at the east side of the river, south to Wulfham, which is being situated at west side of the river. So the Wulfhamers have been riding south for a couple of days, and we Bregowarians to the west, south-west to reach the river. Now we come to the river, at a level that the Wulfhamers have passed a day before (or was it 1½ days?).

So after crossing the river, we are about one day behind the Wulfhamers - and should really be "compressing time" then.

But your question about crossing the river will be a pressing one, for there really won't be any ferry at the east side of the river! That's our problem to be solved, before we can meet the Wulfhamers at the west side of the river...
Old 03-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #303
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Wulfhamers are on their 5th day of travel (One of which was spent in camp recuperating).

We are approximately 1 1/2 days south of you - provided you cross the river before we are done exploring the burned out village we've come to.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #304
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Thank's Arry for making it clear. We'll be coming...

And Bregowarians. I have now taken us to the town. Feel free to elaborate and let your imaginations run. After you have all somehow reacted, I'll take us to the place where the ferry should be... If someone of you would like to use more time in the town, inform me, so that I don't rush us to the ferry-place too early.

Then we'll have to use our imagination.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:24 AM   #305
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK - we've split up into 2 parties.

Dorran and Incana . . . and the pup -- they are searching the western half of the village. A little food, some grain for the horses, a bottle or two of mead, and mayhaps a norse might be the sorts of things you can look for . . . and whatever else you can think of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vaenosa and Brand are searching the eastern half.

Vaenosa - I've had the two characters go to a small cluster of cottage in the southeast corner of the village. they are mostly abandoned, the occupants would have run in toward the center of the village thinking there would be safety in the greater numbers. This part of the village was minimally burnt and pillaged -- Brand has found some food stuffs for us. I was hoping your character to find a horse or two for us to pack our stuff onto.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #306
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Bregowarians!

It's looking good, methinks...

I would wait for Eostre still before we go forwards. Please fill the time with good posts. It's good place for private ponderings about everything we're up to - or maybe some discussion?

As Eowyn sends Eostre's post, I'll give us the description of the ferry-place and our small problem. If that suits everyone?

Farael: you could make us ride past the townhall, towards the shoreline (maybe some 100-200 yards behind the TH)? Or anyone?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #307
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Horses can swim across rivers, if there's no ferry. I have a fairly decent idea of how that works. Heh. But depending on the depth, we'll all get fairly wet... perhaps if there's a ferry on the other side, someone can cross and get it?

I'll see if I can get a post up.

Just curious... I've gotten a few unmarked...whatsit... karma/status point/thingers... the things with the green boxes... on the RPG. I'd like to know who/why.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #308
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It depends on the speed of the current though. We should assume that it's not THAT bad or else the ferry would be quite hard to handle, yet if it's strong enough and we decided to swim the horses to the other side, not only we'd risk loosing a horse... but we'd also loose the rided that has to hang on to the horse to get across. (While a horse has a relatively good chance of crossing a river, a man would probably get tired before it does... and in any case, you need someone to lead the horse across, they won't swim out of pleasure)
Old 03-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #309
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

I've got a post up, at any rate... and I really do know how a horse crosses a river. I used to be facinated by that sort of thing. But I can't post to do that, anyway. Eostre's not strong enough, physically. Heh. The day seems to be a nice day, though, and I doubt there's been any melting to get enough of a rush. The current should be relatively smooth. Though it's getting close to winter... there could be some ice in the river.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #310
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I guess we are dealing with a river that is wide enough to be scary and currents strong enough to not just get over it... (well the currents must be milder just here - why they would have built the ferry just here, if not for that reason?)

You are having nice points, and I must see to my plan accordingly.

What I'm afraid, is - like Farael thinks - that a horse could get over (manymanymany miles downriver), but could the rider hang on with it? I'll provide us with some possible soultions (at the description of the surroundings) when we come to the shore.

Maybe you find out the few possibilities I have kind of forethought, or what would be even better, find a way to do it, that I haven't even thought of!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #311
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'll make us to the shore!

Meghan, are you sure you are a Wulfhamer now and not a Bregowarian?

PS. If Farael or anyone has been writing something to be put in here, before us coming to the shore, I think Pio could slip that post in there?

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-05-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #312
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, we need someone to get across... and I guess it boils down to Fionn or Osmod. They would carry some rope with them so that the others can get across. After the rope is on the other side, the three remaining men should be able to cross by holding on to it.... and so there'd be four people to man the raft back to the other shore.

There is only one problem with this plan as far as I can see. Did anyone remember to bring rope? it'd have to be a long rope as well... furthermore, whoever is crossing the river could tie the rope to the horse's saddle so that they can be kept mostly in course from the shore... as well as pulled back should their strenght waver.

Given that it'd be one horse and one man on the river and five horses to pull the rope at the other end, I think it's possible.... even more, if we can somehow use the pulleys to our advantage it could be even better!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #313
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

No problem Arry! I will find us some horses, I may need Brands help to catch them though! I will post today some time.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #314
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valier --

Please check your PM's
Old 03-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #315
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hello, all! Arry has very kindly let me join in his game. I asked rather early on, I must admit, because his mention of a 'lovely, traumatized refugee' so caught my eye, I couldn't really resist begging for the part.

Here's my character bio. I trust my little girl won't bother you riders too much. Her horse may still be around to be found, but more than likely, he's wandered off to where the grass is greener and there aren't any stinking, scarry smells of dead and burnt bodies. He'll be fully saddled and bridled, though, if some one does spot him.

Tevildo and Naria: You are the two people Athwen has spotted.

-- Folwren

NAME: Athwen

RACE: Man

APPEARANCE: Athwen is somewhat short - only 5"0", and she is slender, giving her the appearance of a ‘small and delicate’ girl, but that’s hardly a good description of her. Her hair is waist length, wavy and very blond, bleached from almost constant sunlight. Her eyes are very dark, bright blue, showing up sharply against her complexion, which is naturally pale, but looks slightly tanned from being outside often.
She wears a dress of simple pattern, long and full in skirt, fitting in bodice, and having long sleeves.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: When times and days were normal and the villagers lived their regular lives, Athwen was a bright, happy girl. She talked often and laughed much. She loved the outdoors and much preferred working out with the herds of sheep and horses than staying indoors and spinning and cooking (though those womanly arts she did learn and know). She loved animals and people and was quite willing to try to accept everyone and everything as they came.

She has a strong sense of right and wrong, and can’t stand it when something is unfair, unjust, or simply down right mean and wrong. She tries her best to fix all the problems that come her way and sometimes, when she can’t solve it, she can get rather sad about it.

For the most part, though, she’s quite a happy and pleasant girl.

But, all that’s on a normal bases. . .after her village is burned and family and friends killed, she’s going to be in a very different sort of mind set. For some time, she’ll be rather quiet and prone to not talking. Bouts of uncontrollable tears and shuddering thoughts of terror will come now and again. . .probably at night. She may be more likely to depend on someone more than she normally used to, and she won’t like being alone at all, or even feeling alone. Other traits and characteristics will have to progress as the story goes. . .different circumstances and happenings will bring different reactions.

HISTORY: Athwen was born the middle child of five children in a small hamlet somewhere in the realm of Rohan. Her father bred and raised horses for his living, and once a year took the long road to Edoras or some other large town or village to sell his animals. Athwen, therefore, grew up pretty well off, never lacking anything.

When she was just a little girl, she fell in love in horses and all the other animals that she ever met. As often as she possibly could, she would run out and spend the day out in the pastures - with the sheep when she was small, and as she got older, with the horses. She had many friends with the boys and girls who watched the different flocks and was a favorite among all them, being fun and merry most of the time, up to a good challenge, despite her height (or lack thereof) and general smallness. The boys liked her, because she was interesting and fun, and the girls liked her because she was sensible to girlish feelings and was very considerate and nice to everybody.

As she grew older (eleven, twelve, thereabouts), her mother took more precaution and was careful that she stayed indoors at least some of the time to learn the womanly traits that are necessary in every household. She learned to spin, weave, sew, and cook, and everything she put her hand to, she did well. At that time, too, she ‘bought’ a horse from her father and trained him, at the same time learning many things for herself about horses and their ways.

At the time of her sixteenth summer, and around the time of this war and attack on her village, Athwen was a rather accomplished young woman. She worked well without someone else constantly pushing her, she could handle horses, singly or in a group, she had an easy, honest, and open way with people, and she could run her mothers house quite efficiently with a bit of help from her mother and her two younger siblings (her older sister and brother were by that time married and gone). But for all that, she still had the fondness of life and the wild tint of childhood still in her. She knew better than to still run races against the boys her age - they’d beat her every time - but she’d race a horse any day against the best of them (not always winning of course).

She was not married, but in the following year, she was going to be to a certain young man who lived in the same village as she. They were quite happy with the set up, having known each other for ever, practically, and although she might have possibly preferred another of the young men around, he certainly didn’t care to have anyone other than her.

But then, in late Autumn, things changed dramatically. . .
Old 03-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #316
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Well, we need someone to get across... and I guess it boils down to Fionn or Osmod. They would carry some rope with them so that the others can get across. After the rope is on the other side, the three remaining men should be able to cross by holding on to it.... and so there'd be four people to man the raft back to the other shore.

There is only one problem with this plan as far as I can see. Did anyone remember to bring rope? it'd have to be a long rope as well...
Sounds good. We might be looking around the rafter's place - there are the mainhouse, the boathouse and the sheds anyway. For surely we don't have over 100 yard's rope with us... And it would be more than probable, that there would be some spare-ropes left there somewhere, if not for any other reason, then for the upcoming refugees to use. But they probably wouldn't hang somewhere as ready to be seen, but being hidden somewhere from any casual and curios orc-eye.

If you think this believable enough, feel free to find a ferry rope or two from somewhere. Without a rope we can't get over, methinks. Unless there are better ideas.

Let's come up with some suggestions - also in the game itself.

PS: Nice to see you here Folwren!

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-06-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #317
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Great post Folwren! Welcome! I will post today later on. I will find your saddled horse and one other. Me trying to catch them will led me to where the other riders and Folwren are. I won't put up a save, I promise I'll post later after school.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #318
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hopefully you'll post before I leave again, but if not - it's not so bad.

-- Folwren
Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #319
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Looks as if this village is getting a bit crowded! Leod has just assaulted Brand.

I have permission from Arry for a secondary character. Here is a very brief profile.

NAME: Leod

RACE: Men

WEAPONS: An old stave with a leather wrapped grip. He wears an all purpose double edged knife on his belt. Also carries a pestle for grinding herbs that can be used as a weapon in a pinch.

APPEARANCE; Of middle height and build, Leod has mouse grey hair and blue eyes. He sports a long beard and wears simple brown breeches and a leather jerkin.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Leod is a healer with many years experience in tending the ills of the villagers and their animals. He has considerable knowledge of herbs and potions. In his younger days, Leod served as a healer with the Riders of Rohan and has, thus, seen more of Orcs and their ways than the average Rohanite, although he is not a warrior by any means. Leod lives by himself and is known to be somewhat eccentric. He is kind hearted but tends to cover over his true feelings, often acting crotchety or brusque.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 03-07-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #320
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wulfham--My save is filled!!