User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-26-2004, 11:25 PM   #41
Umwë
Animated Skeleton

Umwë has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Umwë
Captain, so I will just continue hunting the Men of Dale as they join the army of Gondor?
This will be fun,
Good luck everyone!

Regards,
Old 10-27-2004, 10:35 AM   #42
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots

Short question CoD:

Based on my character description, my character won't know anyone from Dale. So, what would he do? Is it okay, that he is found by the Gondorian Army? After all, Ingemar's cottage was situated at the outskirts of Dale, so maybe the Army would run into him sooner than others?

Nova

PS! I'll try to have a post up as soon as possible!

Last edited by Novnarwen; 12-17-2004 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Nothing really... I was just checking that my edit function worked, as there seemed to be someting wrong with it...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #43
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Firefoot: There is no problem with the time of day.

Umwe: Aye, you may continue tracking/hunting the Men of Dale. So for a few days you have exclusive hunting rights, until they come across the Gondorian host.

Nova: Yes, you are in a slightly different situation. Since your character is a bit of a loner, I suppose you can have the Gondorians come across him sometime before, or even just after the others.

I will put up my own post shortly.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:55 PM   #44
Soredamor
Pile O'Bones

Soredamor has just left Hobbiton.
I've posted. I hope it's alright that I'm about to get the goblins moving. It should take them a while to really get moving, if need be.

And I wanted to say thanks for letting me be a part of this game.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:27 PM   #45
Alaksoron
Haunting Spirit

Alaksoron has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alaksoron
Is it too late for me to make a carry-along?
Old 10-30-2004, 04:29 PM   #46
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boromir88 - Adranel has walked wide of the settlement that you had your characters camped outside of. They are now in rather close proximity, and our characters could meet up soon in keeping with CaptainofDespair's wishes that the characters meet up. You could bring the characters together or I could; it doesn't matter to me. Whatever works best for you.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:49 PM   #47
Sarin Mithrilanger
Animated Skeleton

Sarin Mithrilanger has just left Hobbiton.
Internet

We will be losing our internet in the next couple of days so I won't be able to continue this RPG, unfortunately. Let me know what you want done CoD and it will be done.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #48
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
CoD: I'm hoping to finally get a post up Wed. Right now my days seem to be full and I can't seem to find time for even my own RPG. Sad really. Any ways... in my post I will take into acount what has happened around him. Any suggestions for what I can add, I'm open minded. That is if I have a mind.

Witchy-poo

Oh and Happy Halloween.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:13 PM   #49
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sarin: That is too bad. I don't want to kill off the Orc Guard, but that did happen, quite a lot, to those poor Orcs. Hopefully you can avoid this sort of thing in the future, and RP with us on a more permanent basis.

I suppose I could make the Orc Guard a 'collective' character, in which we all RP for that character, should the need arise. If anyone is interested in taking up the Orc Guard wholly, I could support that idea as well.

Witch_Queen: That is fine. You could just do one long 'catch-up post', if anything major has occured. If not, just slide a post in.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:42 AM   #50
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, we seem to be missing a few posts for the 'first day'. However, it is time to move on. I will give everyone else who has no posted/would like to post again, until Friday to put a post up. After that, I will post the Moving out/Beginning of the Second Day post.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:06 PM   #51
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just bringing this forward:

Game Outline:

Day 1: Beginning posts within camp/set out for Dale

Day 2: Gondorian host reaches Dale, comes across a burned out village

Day 3: Host comes across fleeing Men of Dale

Day 4: Host attacked by Orc Raiders (raiders will either be killed entirely, or remnants may retreat to Gundabad)

Day 5,6: March to Gundabad, Goblin relief force nears the Mountain from the West.

Day 7: Arrive at Gundabad, set camp.

Day 8: Parley with Orc Chieftain, Scouts locate Goblin host.

Day 9: Gondorian camp attacked by Goblin relief force.

Day 10: The assault on the battlements, final stand of orcs.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #52
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alrighty, well, it's time to move on to the second day of the journey. I will have my post up shortly, which will consist of a short 'Moving Out' segment, and the beginnings of the second day's forced march.

Witch_Queen: Please Fill your Save in as soon as possible. If it conflicts with my post, I will edit accordingly.

Edit: Alright, my post is up. If either of the two Gondorians would like to be the 'scouts' sent out to find the campsite, and come across the ruined village, that's be just dandy.

The Men of Dale should now be nearing the Gondorian host. The Orcs following the Raider commander will be hot on their trail as well.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 11-06-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:56 PM   #53
Soredamor
Pile O'Bones

Soredamor has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Posted again, finally. I hope it's alright. It takes place around dawn, so if you want to move it somewhere before yours, that's fine with me. And of course I can always edit.

CaptainofDespair: If it seems like I've got the goblins moving a little fast, I have plans for slowing them down. But if you have no problem with them coming to the aid of the orcs at Gundabad a little early, then I can do that too. Since that way maybe I'll get some more action.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:10 PM   #54
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Soredamor: Your post is fine. You are on a more fliud timeframe than the Gondorians or Men of Dale, so it gives you a bit more freedom day-night wise.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:07 PM   #55
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Captain and Sore I enjoyed reading your posts, and like how smoothly this is running along right now .

Firefoot: That's fine, I was planning having to flee again, as the orcs come closing in. So you can either meet up with me before the orcs attack, or I we could meet up after the attack, either way, sounds good to me.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:33 AM   #56
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Filled save...

Hi!

I've enjoyed greatly reading everyone's posts!

Friday, I filled my save. Seeing how the story has developed, I decided to revise it and split it up in two posts. The new one is up as well.

CoD- I hope they are to your liking. Again, I'm very sorry for being late. Please let me know if they need edits. Also, I was wondering. Could some of the Gondorians find Ingemar now? FYI: Ingemar is still located outside of Dale, most likely unconscious when you find him. I reckon that he'll be in a very bad state, as he has been outside for many hours. Ingemar is retarded, but you would probably not know that, not at once at least.

Nova
Old 11-07-2004, 11:08 AM   #57
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bravo, Nova! I had to laugh at your post. Ingemar is quite the character!

No editing is required. As for the Gondorians finding Ingemar now, I'll PM Alaksoron and Witch_Queen, and see how they wish to divide the tasks I have set for them.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:12 PM   #58
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1420!

I don't think I can get a post up within the next couple days, but I should be able to by Teusday or Wednesday
Old 11-08-2004, 05:30 PM   #59
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Boromir88, I brought Adranel into contact with your characters (mostly Beluf). Whatever happens next is up to you.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:35 PM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Looks good to me Firefoot, your character may still come if she desired. But make sure you're ready by morning, because knowing Sjorging he isn't going to want to wait for long .
Old 11-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #61
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

A general request

Just putting this on all the RPG discussion threads. This hasn't been a problem on this game, by the way.

Please don't put comments in the 'Reason for Edit' box when you are editing on the RPG thread.

Signatures removed and filled in 'SAVES' don't need to be addressed there.

Edits that you want to draw attention to should be commented on in the Game's discussion thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-13-2004, 04:26 PM   #62
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Boromir88 - I'm a little confused when you say 'by morning.' I had thought that it was already morning (and in my previous posts it was). I wouldn't mind making some adjustments, but how are the timeframes working out?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:57 PM   #63
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Firefoot-I went ahead and changed it to "tomorrow morning," since, yes our last posts were both timed in the morning. Thanks for picking up on that .
Old 11-14-2004, 10:39 AM   #64
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alrighty, We are now reaching the end of the first day. I had hoped to get a little more Gondorian involvement, but I will deal with that in my end of the second day/finding Ingemar post. For aany of those who have yet to post, you have until Monday before I put up my post.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #65
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I liked your post Firefoot, you got Sjorging and Beluf exactly right, one is skeptical of anyone he doesn't know, the other is of course the kinder one .
Old 11-14-2004, 08:04 PM   #66
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm glad - I was trying to figure out just how to portray them so as to stay true to their characters. I'm thinking that due to their personalities Adranel will be opening up sometime in the next few game days to Beluf, since she already feels more comfortable with him than the other two...
Old 11-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #67
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Help!

Ehm.. I'm a bit stuck. Or rather, my character, Ingemar, is a bit stuck. He is unconscious in the snow at the time, but surely he will be dead if no one finds him..

I'm rather unsure what to do. I don't think a man who's been unconscious in the snow, as he is about to freeze to death, will wake up by himself. A little help, fellow RPers?

Nova
Old 11-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #68
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sorry about that Nova...

Either one of the Gondorians will find you in their own post, or I will deal with the situation in my 'End of the Second Day' post. In any case, you will be found, and not left to die.

I like the interactions with the Men of Dale. I wonder where it may lead...
Old 11-17-2004, 11:17 AM   #69
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

If anyone sees an "edited by piosenniel" tag on their Game post, it's me editing off the signature.

Please remember to do so before submitting your post.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #70
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alright, my post is up. The Second day is now over, and the third begins. Ingemar has been found, and is now in the care of the Gondorians, as they begin their march to the next way point.

Now, we should begin seeing the Men of Dale come close to the Gondorians, and then join up with them. If the Orcs would like a bit of action, they could have a small brawl with the Men of Dale.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #71
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I just got my post up.

Captain- I plan on having my characters ultimately join the Gondorians. As of right now I just simply said that their road lies onward, but I plan on having them join the army down the road.

Firefoot- I had Beluf and Adranel seclude themselves from the Gondorians, figuring they wouldn't want to communicate with any of them. If you wish I could easily change that.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #72
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

I have just posted.

Thanks CoD for finding the poor fellow. A moment there, I seriously feared for Ingemar's health.

I hope you won't ask too many questions at once, as it might scare the heck out of him. He is after all just a little boy inside, and he is most highly confused after being out in the cold for a whole night!

Please let me know if my post needs edits!

Nova
Old 11-21-2004, 04:28 PM   #73
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Firefoot- I ended with the question, thinking it would be interesting to see if Adranel continues to hide and cover up her emotions, or if she starts to open up .
Old 11-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #74
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I love your post Firefoot, good to see Adranel open up, eventhough if she's angered at this time. However, her accuracy could get some praising from Gelding .

Anyway, what I wanted to tell everyone, was I'm leaving for Michigan to visit family on Wednesday, and won't be back until Saturday. I'll get up one more post before I go, but I can't promise I can post while away .
Old 11-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #75
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

I should have a post up by Saturday night, or Sunday morning. It will be another one of my dual purpose posts. By Monday or Tuesday, we can *begin* the battle with the Orcs.

Umwe: I will be sending you a PM regarding the encounter with the Gondorians and Men of Dale.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #76
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

CoD - you may have some problems reaching Umwe; just a guess because according to the members list he hasn't logged on for two weeks, nor has he posted to the Discussion Thread (or the game thread) for a month.

Other than that, I will look forward to the battle starting.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:00 PM   #77
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I'm back, I'll get a post up most likely tomorrow .
Old 11-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #78
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yes, I have found out through Pio that both Umwe and Alaksoron are 'inactive'. We will confront the Orc raiders as planned. However, since we lack the commander of the outfit, I will RP the orcs. If anyone is interested in carrying Alaksoron's character, they may. Otherwise, both characters (Orc and Gondorian) will be killed in this encounter.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #79
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Just to remind everyone of the particular gaming rule from The Red Book of Westmarch

Any character that goes missing for a two week period of time can be "killed off" or "lost" and will be out of the game.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-28-2004, 12:33 PM   #80
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

I've filled my save.

Firefoot - "Ingemaa" has "attacked" your character! I'm truly sorry, but he thought she was an orc! Sorry! I hope he hasn't done too much damage. Please let me know if you were okay with it. I know I'm not supposed to atcually 'hurt' someone else's character, and that's why I haven't said anything about how Adranel is after the "attack".

I don't know whether you'll be going for, if you approve of my post, an icy relationship with Ingemar after this.. I suppose it could be interesting. At any rate, Ingemar is (and will continue to be) very fond of Adranel....

Cheers,
Nova