The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2003, 01:08 PM   #81
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

I saw this in the chat, and immediately thought of Mer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

She was speaking of a teacher no one recommended she take classes with but she thought she could handle.
Quote:
Ok, I think I could bare that
I think maybe she shouldn't bare herself to this teacher, but that's just me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 04-05-2003, 08:12 AM   #82
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

Here are a few Gayahithwen and I found on the chat;

{Princess_Fairy} The forum no! My sister does but why would I post on some stupid forum waist my time like that!

{Princess_Fairy} Well then if we are aloud to speak other languages then let it be! (then she goes on to say something in another language..)

{OrangePaintCan} You are not aloud to speak other language but what i wrote were a book title

(Next two are talking about the Nazgul)

{Morarwen} no there SSSSSSSUPER cool
{Morarwen} There undead

Seems we also have some grammar problems [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And you also have to love some of the names they use.

~The Lady Aerowen

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: TheLadyAerowen ]
TheLadyAerowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 11:36 PM   #83
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Quote:
There is one cord in a piece that I play
Is your music all tied up??
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 05:26 PM   #84
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Plus, Elrond lives in Rivendell,he has a king of men for a sun in law
Well, I know some people think that Aragorn's hot, but I didn't know he was that hot ...
Old 04-10-2003, 03:14 PM   #85
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Middle-earth Mayham
Yes, I heard that's the hobbits' preferred taste, though I think the elves like April ham better. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:52 AM   #86
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Quote:
waiting for the weather to brake
Yeah, sometimes it would be nice to have slower weather! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-15-2003, 05:56 PM   #87
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

One from the quiz room:
Quote:
You're turn.
Very overused, and not funny, but it turns up so very often that it needs an occasional mention.

And another:
Quote:
guilded cage...
Is there a guild for cages? Demand fair wages!

Sophia

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:41 PM   #88
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Quote:
You're turn.
Hmm, I'm sure I've been guilty of that one a few times. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Apologies to the person who posted this one, but it amused me:

Quote:
Also he was aloud to use his full power as a Maia ...
He must have been a very noisy Maia, then. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 12:57 AM   #89
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Quote:
their were no children in site
Really? I'm pretty sure there are a few on this site...

Quote:
already been discused to peces
Fish anyone?

And another:
Quote:
par for the coarse
[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:30 PM   #90
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Quote:
Dear Legolas,
Will you send me a vile of your saliva?
Now that is vile.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:34 PM   #91
Merendis
Animated Skeleton

Merendis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"lol can't say i've attemped that feet"

Yes, feet are dangerous objects, one is advised against attempting them.

I'm just so giddy that I posted. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks guys, for keeping this thread(my only half decent contribution to the forum) alive, and my obession continuing, even if i don't log into the forum for 10 months. May you be forever picky of grammar!

Riding one day in the forest of the Westlands he saw a woman, whose dark hair flowed in the wind, and about her was a green cloak...and he knew her for Erendis...then suddenly he knew in himself the love that he bore her, and he felt the emptiness of his days.
Merendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 02:13 PM   #92
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Quote:
I am not aloud in here, but we are planning an escape root.
She said it softly, pulling a large beet from behind her back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 03:20 PM   #93
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
my friend FISH wors about 4 feathers and she got the big D for it
I see...
Old 05-06-2003, 05:41 AM   #94
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Also, I also think that he would be pleased
Old 05-06-2003, 01:24 PM   #95
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Quote:
I have straight teeth, their just fixing my bight
Now, I don't really see what his teeth have to do with a bight...unless they're to be straightened by being attached to a string and a doorknob!

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 06-06-2003, 02:19 AM   #96
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Ah, the joys of forum reading again! Here are my newest discoveries:
Quote:
...if anyone's interested in taking a peak.
Where would you take it and isn't it a bit difficult to transport?
Quote:
...he didn't fair too well.
no comment
Old 06-09-2003, 05:25 AM   #97
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Quote:
I will say my peace.
Don't we wish more people did?!
Quote:
He had poured over maps...
I do hope they were waterproof!

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:52 PM   #98
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Not sure if this fits here, it's from the chatroom...
Quote:
those r my too favorite people
Rather common mistake, just posted it anyway [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 06-11-2003, 01:13 AM   #99
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Quote:
The Noble Collection has many Mid-evil products
As Belin Ibaimendi said, how can it be Noble and Mid-evil at the same time?
Quote:
...he was waisting his time.
Trying to make it thinner in the middle??

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
Old 06-11-2003, 06:16 PM   #100
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

This wasn't a typo or a homophone, but it's closer to a homophone than a typo, methinks, so I shall put it here.

Quote:
It just so happens that my protagonists are step-brothers, having no parentage in common except by adoption. The father's first wife died and married again, and thus the step-brothers.
Here comes the corpse, all dressed in formaldehyde...
Old 06-13-2003, 12:50 AM   #101
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

I do love spotting homophones - here's another irresistable one!
Quote:
Making a sequel to a book that is not even written is plane suicide.
Rather confusing - is the author or director a depressive pilot??
Old 06-13-2003, 07:28 AM   #102
Scent of Simbelmynë

Here's a gem:

Quote:
all threw the night
I don't know if this is possible, even if we all pitch in [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img].

Sophia
Old 06-18-2003, 02:25 AM   #103
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

...and yet another variation on a popular theme:
Quote:
I would like to copywright that.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:44 AM   #104
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Quote:
Is this even making since?
Sense when have you ever made scents?
Old 06-24-2003, 07:42 AM   #105
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Sense when have you ever made scents?
Or even cents... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 06-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #106
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
Sometimes I am lick and oly
Pardon? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 06-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #107
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Quote:
Frodo: Owwwwwie... heartburn!!! I'm never eating Bilbo's chilly again...
From the 'Crazy Captions (Again)' thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 06-30-2003, 10:07 AM   #108
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Quote:
Are you sure I just can't take a little peak?
And where would you keep it if you could?
Old 07-02-2003, 01:41 AM   #109
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Quote:
bare with me
But I don't even know you!!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:44 AM   #110
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Quote:
but bare with me.
As long as it isn't "butt" bare...

This isn't a typo or a homophone really, but closer, I think to homophone [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].
Quote:
Sam: Ugh! There's an orange stink here! Can ya smell it?
What does orange smell like? I bet it's 'orrid, whatever it is...

Sophia

[Edit: Aah, great minds, Esty! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ]

[ July 02, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
Old 07-02-2003, 07:12 PM   #111
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
ORANGE STINK! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Where is this orange stink! I missed that! (but I want it!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #112
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Quote:
it was their fate to be superseeded by men
Ummm, is that where the hybrids come from??
Old 07-15-2003, 04:57 PM   #113
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

Quote:
I'm sure I'd be much more complementary about the Downs
What was I thinking?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:45 PM   #114
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Quote:
I don't mind being a no-it-all
What a negative attitude! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2003, 12:04 PM   #115
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

This homophone has showed up before, but I do like this context!
Quote:
A man without hope gives up and brakes under the smallest pressure.
How true - almost Freudian!
Old 09-19-2003, 06:16 PM   #116
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Quote:
It also says somewhere in LotR that the horses of the Nazgul were bread in Mordor
Well I've heard of men of straw, but horses of bread?!!? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2003, 06:30 AM   #117
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

Probably Mordor had an unsuitable climate for grain so they used horse as bread...

Quote:
it is waisted on people like that
Quote:
I cant believe i mist it!
Quote:
I'm not at all exited about this anymore either.
This is called stabbing people in the back. I feel like such a traitor... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: Evisse the Blue ]
Old 10-19-2003, 05:48 PM   #118
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

An oldie, but a goldie - always welcome when it resurfaces:

Quote:
... I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet, so if you are reading this; bare with me.
Gosh, these newbies are certainly not backward at coming forward. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 19, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 10-19-2003, 08:26 PM   #119
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Well, Saucy, at least they invite us to join them. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] They're quite polite.
Peace
Old 10-22-2003, 01:21 AM   #120
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

And yet another variation on that theme:
Quote:
Gandalf is the barer of this ring.
I thought he kept it hidden?