The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2004, 10:02 PM   #601
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Eye Page 2, post 43....?

LOL, Miss Rae, I can't remember what's on the PREVIOUS page....give my little Hobbit brain a break!~ LOL~

However, after finally getting a look at it, I can definitely say that it is a bathtub fit for an Elf.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:04 PM   #602
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Wowsers.....

Haven't recieved my "Li'l Mr. Wood at Mardi Gras" pics yet, but while I'm waiting, I'm doing this:
PLEASE CLICK ME
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-30-2004, 04:48 PM   #603
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Narya New stuff

Ahem, I FINALLY added something to my collection:

1) LOTR ROTK on VHS. It's 3 hours and 20 min long! (Though I shouldn't be surprised, this is LOTR we're talking about.) Actually what really shocked me is that it was long enough for two tapes. The movie includes a "Lord of the Rings Super Trailer" at the end. (I haven't watched it yet, I'll report when I do.)
As always, it came with a coupon. The coupon reads "Get $5 back when you buy: "The Lord of the Rings Return of the King" on DVD or VHS AND Purchase the Special eddition on DVD or VHS.
Personally, I think this a rip off since it came with the video I bought. Really, who would buy two copies of the same edition? Unless of course, one was a gift. I think I'll pass.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #604
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Question Rip-off

That dosen't make a bit of sense--unless, like you said, it was for a gift. Now if the cupon was for a different LOTR thing.....

Looking forward to your "report".
Old 06-01-2004, 05:56 PM   #605
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
The coupon reads "Get $5 back when you buy: "The Lord of the Rings Return of the King" on DVD or VHS AND Purchase the Special edition
Well the Special Edition is different. It is over four hours long with about 45 minutes of never before seen footage that has been integrated into the film (with new music by Howard Shore), and then of course the DVD has days of documentaries, and commentaries.

So I don't consider it a rip off. I will most defintely be using that coupon this November (or I even heard it won't be coming out till December)
Old 06-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #606
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Update and bump. ;)

Well, still haven't gotten my 'Lijah stuff yet. I'll have to check the timing again, maybe I'm just getting over anxious.

I did however, win THESE at ebay recently. One or two of these I already have, but, in my opinion, one can never have enough Sam.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:53 PM   #607
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Quote:
Looking forward to your "report".
Well, here it is:
Well, turns out the "supertrailer" is a fancy term for all the previews of LOTR movies combined, minus the narrator talking in the backround. But it is nice, especially since my mom didn't read the books and kind of forgot most of the plot of the first two movies.

I saw some cool LOTR posters at Fred Meyer, so when I remember to bring my money with me, I'll buy one.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:12 PM   #608
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up Report....

Ah, what a letdown. Oh, well. At least it was good for your mom.

As for my own report, so to speak, I should, according to the seller, be recieving my L'il Mr. Wood takes on Mardi Gras photos/coin/ring by tomorrow.

I will also be sending my payment for my Lot of 7 Sam cards tomorrow, (see link in my last post) which will arrive who knows when 'cause it's coming from Canada (j/k--my mom has had problems w/getting mail from rellys in the past, but they lived WAY up north in the boonies....)
Old 06-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #609
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Small additions...

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted here.

Quote:
...and my clothes dryer went to that big laundromat in the sky a couple of weeks ago.
Unfortunately, my lawn mower and dishwasher have since followed the dryer. I certainly hope nothing else breaks down around my house for a while.

Quote:
My Arwen coronation banner has still not come...apparently there's a delay with the manufacturer.
And I still don't have the banner...grrrr!! It was finally shipped from the manufacturer to the seller here in the States this week. However, the seller has advised that the banners they received were defective, so they will have to be remade. Yet ANOTHER 6-8 weeks, dang it!!

But in between new appliances, I added a few things to my collection:

A really fabulous 12-inch Legolas. It was such a great likeness of Orlando that I had to have it, preciousss...yesss, I did.

Also got a few 6-inch figures:
Helm's Deep Legolas (with surf-shield)
Uruk-Hai with crossbow
Traveling Bilbo

Also some 3-inch figures:
Gondorian Soldiers (with King Elessar, Royal Guard & Bowman)
Marching to Mordor (with Frodo & Sam in orc armor & orc whipmaster)

Cool Frodo bookmark with him looking down at the Ring in his hand and the movie quote "even the smallest person can change the course of the future". It unfolds and shows pics with a short blurb of some of the different races/locations in Middle Earth (Gondor, Elves, Rohan, Dwarves, Ringwraiths, Orcs & Uruk-Hai).

Collector's edition of 'The Hobbit' illustrated by Alan Lee

And, last but not least, RotK on dvd.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:22 PM   #610
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Ah....

Very nice, Miss Lynn.

I recieved my 'Lijah pics the other day, both of them with a big smile on his Li'l face.

Also the ring, and copper-colored plastic coin with a not-so-bad likeness of the Li'l guy.

I am still trying to resist bidding TOO much on ebay, yet...as neither my checking/savings accounts are quite up to where they were, and I don't want to go spending money that's not there. Plus, I need to invest in some more pages to hold the cards I'm getting in.

Speaking of Cards.....
Old 06-12-2004, 02:32 PM   #611
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril additions...

Quote:
I recieved my 'Lijah pics the other day, both of them with a big smile on his Li'l face.

Also the ring, and copper-colored plastic coin with a not-so-bad likeness of the Li'l guy.
Samwise: I checked those out in your link...realllllly cool looking. I'm so envious!

Quote:
Plus, I need to invest in some more pages to hold the cards I'm getting in.
I found pages that fit into a 3-ring binder (no pun intended ) at my local ElfMart, next to the trading cards--only $4.99 and holds 270 cards (both front & back visible) or 540 (with only fronts visible).

Also at ElfMart...

Galadriel -- 6 inch
Faramir in Gondorian armor -- 6 inch
Merry in Rohirrim armor -- 4 1/2 inch

I bought 2 of both Galadriel & Faramir, so I could add them to my display. This was my second of Merry--he was already on display (I had to put him out--Pippin was lonely!! ).

I also found a boxed set of the Decipher trading cards (it came with 224 cards from Fellowship, Two Towers, Mines of Moria, Ents of Fangorn, & Battle of Helm's Deep); 2 sets of RotK cards; the binder pages to hold them all; and a poster with all the major characters & a small blurb about each.

Wooohooo!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 03:35 PM   #612
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Tolkien

Glad you liked them, Miss Lynn.

By "ElfMart" in this case, you mean Walmart, don't you? Sadly, there isn't one of those within bike riding distance in my part of the Shire.

*Three Rings....* GROAN.....
Old 06-27-2004, 07:34 PM   #613
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril ebay...

Oooo, I was bad! I went to ebay a week or so ago to show my daughter-in-law how to sign up and bid and...well, you get the picture. The end result is that I am now the proud owner of several Elijah videos: The War, Paradise, Avalon and Oliver Twist. Also a set of LotR paperbacks from the 70's that I've been looking for, and a cool Frodo mousepad.

I love eBay...
Old 06-27-2004, 08:03 PM   #614
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Palantir-Green Oi....

Goodness sake, Miss Lynn...do you have stock in ebay?

I've been trying to stay away from it myself, as my checking account is WAY lower than I like it to be. However, at the moment I am bidding on THIS , as I
have to have him to go with the one I have of Sam and all.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:21 PM   #615
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril Frodo

Quote:
Goodness sake, Miss Lynn...do you have stock in ebay?
I sure wish I did...

Quote:
I've been trying to stay away from it myself, as my checking account is WAY lower than I like it to be. However, at the moment I am bidding on THIS , as I have to have him to go with the one I have of Sam and all.
As always, Stacey, Frodo is 'lookin' good', but he needs to be at your house with Sam. I sure hope you win! I'm still bidding on a couple of things that have about a day to go. One is like a 'suncatcher' ornament for a car's rearview mirror, with an exceptionally attractive picture of Elijah. I needs it preciousss, yessss, I doesss...
Old 06-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #616
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

I hope I do too, it's going well so far. Haven't told my little Sam figure yet--don't want to disappoint him if we don't win.

Sun catcher? There's a new one. Of course if it's got Elijah on it, Lynn Lossėhelin has to have it.

No cards YET. *sniff* I'm hoping SOON...
~~{~@~~{~@~~{~@~~{~@~~{~@~~{~@~~{~@~~{~@
Please click Me, I need a home!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #617
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Quote:
I sure hope you win! I'm still bidding on a couple of things that have about a day to go. One is like a 'suncatcher' ornament for a car's rearview mirror, with an exceptionally attractive picture of Elijah.
Wouldn't that be dangerous!? An attractive picture of Elijah might be distracting. Well...I hope you win anyway.

Quote:
Please click Me, I need a home!
Samwise, I would bid on that Teddy bear, but alas...two things are working against it:

1) I have WAY too many stuffed animals already
2) There happens to be a psycotic white and orange cat that invades my room and attacks some of my teddies.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #618
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thank you for looking, anyway, Morai.

I think she's right, Miss Lynn....DON'T put that suncatcher in your car if you win it...
Old 06-30-2004, 09:40 PM   #619
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril Lij stuff...

Quote:
Sun catcher? There's a new one. Of course if it's got Elijah on it, Lynn Lossėhelin has to have it.
It's too true, Stacey! I'm afraid I just can't resist that blue-eyed boy...

Quote:
Wouldn't that be dangerous!? An attractive picture of Elijah might be distracting.
It could be hazardous, Morai, but it's a risk I'm willing to take!!

Quote:
I think she's right, Miss Lynn....DON'T put that suncatcher in your car if you win it...
I'd have to put him in my car, Stacey...he'd be lonely if I left him at home by himself. Wait...I have an idea!! I have to wear a name badge with my photo on it at work--I'll put this on the lanyard with my badge so I can see it all during the day.

BTW, I received Avalon yesterday and Paradise today! Wooohooo!!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:57 AM   #620
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sam Cards....

The other day I recieved word that they're on their way....
Quote:
Your cards were shipped out on June 16. I usually ask US customers to wait a full 1-3 weeks for delivery as sometimes there are
delays at the border. If you still haven't received your cards by this
Wednesday (July 7), which is a full 3 weeks, please contact me as soon as
possible.
Looking forward to it, as there are some in this lot I don't have....
Old 07-07-2004, 07:35 PM   #621
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up They Came!! :d

My Sam cards!! A couple of them I already have, but this is the line up....
  • Sam, Son of Hamfast
    The pic is of him as we first see him in FOTR scoping out Rosie, just before she makes eye contact with him.
    The line is: "Oh, I've never held a girl's hand before...."
  • Stout and Sturdy
    Pic is of Sam, fists balled, with Merry and Pippin behind him when they follow Strider up to where he's taken Frodo at Butterbur's.
    The line is: "You have a stout heart, little Hobbit, but your courage alone will not save you. "
  • Sam, Proper Poet
    The pic of course is from the movie...can't tell the scene, but Sam looks like he's thinking "Yeah, right" to one of Gollum's lines
    The line is from the book: "First he was a conspirator, now he's a jester. He'll end up by bcoming a wizard--or a warrior! "
  • Sam, Nice Sensible Hobbit
    Pic: Again, Sam looking t'd off at Gollum.
    Line is: "Trust Smeagol now? Very, very good. "
  • Rare Good Ballast
    Sam with the two coneys in his hands that Gollum/Smeagol has gotten, giving S/G the line, "What a hobbit needs with coney...is some herbs and roots, especially taters--not to mention bread. "
  • Sam, Samwise the Brave
    Sam looking over Frodo's shoulder, the look on his face like he's first seen the Oliphaunt. The line reads: "Frodo wouldn't have gone far without Sam..."
    and
  • Seven We Had
    Frodo and Sam in the hands of Faramir's men, Frodo with that sad, "Don't hurt me." look on his face, and Sam with a "You hurt him and I'll have your hide." look on his. The line reads: "One we lost at Moria, the others we left at Parth Galen above Rauros..."
...and now I must be off to leave positive feed back for the seller!
Old 07-10-2004, 06:47 PM   #622
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril new stuff...

Glad you got your cards, Stacey (and even gladder that they weren't all orcs)!

I got all my stuff from ebay, finally. I have to say that the 'suncatchers' look really, really fabulous! I wound up getting two, since I couldn't decide which picture I liked the best. So now, one hangs from the rear view mirror in my car, and one hangs from my name badge at work. Also, there's a set of 151 film cells from FotR that are all Frodo & all close-up. Extremely cool!! Now I just have to figure out a good way to display them. And an 8 figure set "Ambush at Weathertop" with Strider, Frodo & Sam, and 5 ringwraiths (3-inch). Plus the videos (Paradise, Avalon, Oliver Twist, and The War).

That may be it for me for a while (I need to let my bank account build back up).
Old 07-10-2004, 08:11 PM   #623
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Well, Miss Lynn, the reason why THOSE cards weren't all Orcs is 'cause they were advertised as "Lot of 7 Sam Cards" Had to have those. It's the sealed ones I always wonder about.

I know what you mean about ebay. Got to stay away from it myself. Case in point:

Lynn has seen it, but for the rest of you, I recently won THIS interesting item...not sure where I'll put it, problably will stick it in the album with my cards, pics, and articles, but it was so unique and no one else had bid on it, so...

STILL trying to get a BK Frodo to go with my BK Sam....can't have one without the other....
Old 07-14-2004, 10:16 PM   #624
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up Yet more cards....

...two "booster" packs, both
from the Fellowship series (my favorite of the movies), to be specific. Granted,
there is some nasty Orc/Nazgulness in it, but the other pics make up
for them, I think--only trouble is, most of the "good" ones are from
a distance. Won't give ABUNDANT detail, as this post'll be long enough.

Pack 1
1) Worry
Maybe not so good--one of the few close-ups, but it's of Li'l Mr.
Wood looking VERY distressed, and the line on it is:
"One by one, regardless of their strength to good or evil...they
fell."
EEK.

2)Ulaire Ostea (sorry, don't know how to to the little symbols)
Nazgul x_x

3)Bree Gate
From a distance, the four Hobbits (in the dark and the rain, so you can
barely see them)--with who I believe is Frodo knocking on the gate.

4)The Witch King (ICK)
Obvious (((x_x))) , though on horseback and still in the cloak (I
found out on another thread recently that those Nazgul getups took
about 50 meters [what's that in feet?] of cloth to make! X_x

5)Unfarmiliar Territory
Lego, in Moria, about to shoot at something aiming nearly
straight up--one of those spidery-orcy-things?

6)Let Them Come!
Our faithful but t'd off Dwarf, unhappy about the "redecorating" done
to his home....

7)Hobbit Intuition
Mr. Meriadoc an' the "Fool of a Took", hiding in the bushes
(can't quite recognize the exact scene) the line:
"What? That were just a little detour, that's all...a shortcut. "

8)Strength Born of Fear
Orcs...Yuck. Looks something like the scene where we hear Gollum yell, "BAGGINS!!"

9) Moria Scout
Very very nasty Orc. ICK.

10) Uruk Brood
An Uruk-Hai. Just as ICK.

11) The Bridge of Khazad-Dum.
The bridge from a distance.

Here's pack two:

1)The Number Must Be Few
Pic: Distance shot of Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, Lego, Merry, Pippin,
and Bill, behind whom you can just see Sam's cloak.

2)Drawn to Its Power
Pic: The Hobbits and Nazgul on Weathertop. Hobbits from the back. =(
I know what this pic looks like from the front, though, Sam in front
of the Hobbits,yelling, Frodo just behind looking petrified (Li'l Mr.
Wood is good at that) Merry and Pippin shoulder to shoulder behind
them, all with swords drawn.

3)Anduin Confluence
Pic: Small part of the river on which, if you look close (I just
noticed now) you can see three tiny specks that are the boats with
the Fellowship in them.

4)Ancient Cheiftain
Yucky Orc in tons of armor. 'Nuff said.

5)Their Arrows Enrage
Lego, in what looks like Galadriel's forest, again aiming his bow at
something. Weird...but I'm right. It's a DIFFERENT bow that the one
he's using in Moria. Where along the road did he get another bow? ;p

6) Westfarthing
Farmland--from a distance, but you can recognize Sam and Frodo
heading off on the beginning of their journey.

7) Swordarm of the White Tower
Boromir in Moria--Balin's tomb. Got his sword drawn and sheild
raised, waiting for the Orcs and their big buddy the Cave Troll to
come in.

8) Drums in the Deep
The Fellowship in Moria--you can barely see that they're surrounded
by those spider-orcy things, but for the light that is Gandalf's
staff.

9) Dwarf Guard
At the Council of Elrond? Not sure. The Dwarf's not Gimli, but he's
standing with his axe over his shoulder looking forward and appearing
very--well, guard-like.

10) Uruk Bloodlust
Ugluk toward the end of Fellowship, and close up of the
back of what I think is Frodo's head, looking from behind a tree.

11) Under the Watching Eye
Uruk-Hai in Armor x_x

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And that is them.
~Sam
Old 07-16-2004, 12:56 AM   #625
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
More Barbie Dolls to add to your collection

Well everyone has seen the Aragorn and Arwen dolls. But if you thought that they weren't enough, and just had an urge to add to your collection, you're in luck!

Barbie has just announced that a Legolas and a Galadriel doll will be coming out in November

Actually I have to admit that I think the Galadriel is quite cool, and I may just have to get her. But the Legolas is not thin enough, he seems just a little too bulky for such a light, willowy elf.

If you would like to check them out for yourself the pictures are here:
BarbieCollector.com

Enjoy!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:40 PM   #626
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Tolkien

Quote:
Actually I have to admit that I think the Galadriel is quite cool
I agree. Not a Barbie fan, but this is nice.

Quote:
But the Legolas is not thin enough, he seems just a little too bulky for such a light, willowy elf.
Not really a Lego fan, either, but I agree again. He dosen't look right.

(besides, don't the makers know that Barbie's not going with Ken anymore anyway...?)
Old 07-18-2004, 01:22 PM   #627
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise
Not really a Lego fan, either . . .
LOL! I read this too quickly and misunderstood . . . I thought that the Lego company was putting out a collection of LotR figures! Now that would be interesting and unique! I did check the Lego site . . . no such series . . . ratz!

I am putting my Mastercard away for a while - finally made a successful bid on Hadhafang (Arwen's blade - though in reality it was Idril's sword) for the range I was willing to pay. I must say it feels lovely in hand!

Got that and a UK copy of 'Atlas of Middle-earth' by Fonstad with a different cover than the US edition.

eBay - much too tempting!

~*~ Pio
Old 07-18-2004, 01:32 PM   #628
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
5)Their Arrows Enrage
Lego, in what looks like Galadriel's forest, again aiming his bow at
something. Weird...but I'm right. It's a DIFFERENT bow that the one
he's using in Moria. Where along the road did he get another bow? ;p
Stacey: I have that card as well, and he's actually in the forest at Amon Hen at the end of FotR. The giving of gifts to the Fellowship by Galadriel is only shown in the Extended Edition, but Legolas is given a new bow (with arrows) there, so when he's shooting after they leave Lothlórien, it's with the new bow.

Quote:
(besides, don't the makers know that Barbie's not going with Ken anymore anyway...?)
In case the makers didn't know, this Barbie never even dated this Ken and is, in fact, married to another doll (Brad? Jim? Dave?). Not to mention the fact that Galadriel is old enough to be Legolas' grandmother...hello?? Oh wait--that didn't stop Arwen, did it?
Old 07-18-2004, 04:01 PM   #629
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Eye

Hullo, Miss Pio! Good to be in the same thread with you again!

Quote:
Stacey: I have that card as well, and he's actually in the forest at Amon Hen at the end of FotR. The giving of gifts to the Fellowship by Galadriel is only shown in the Extended Edition, but Legolas is given a new bow (with arrows) there, so when he's shooting after they leave Lothlórien, it's with the new bow.
Ah...you forget these things when you don't have the Extended version (although, knowing what they did to Sam's gift, I might not want to see it...I know --they didn't do the Scouring of the Shire and yadda yadda...but that was still one of my favorite scenes in the books !!!)
Old 07-20-2004, 05:11 PM   #630
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Tolkien Arrrgh

Oi....all right, I have got to stay away from ebay NOW. Mainly because of

This,(x2)this,this, and THIS!

Last edited by Samwise; 07-20-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #631
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I dont really have much of a collection yet, but I do have:

~ The Modern Classics editions of all three LotR and the Hobbit
~ Paperback editions of The Sil and Unfinished Tales
~ a Legolas bookmark, an Aragorn bookmark and a Legolas and Gimli bookmark
~ 2004 TTT calender
~ The Hobbit computer game (very fun)
~ The Palennor Fields Aragorn action figure
~ A TTT wooden pen and pencil
~ TTT T-Shirt
~ The Legolas poster
~ RotK poster puzzle
~ All three movies in the extended editions(in the very nice box)
~ I just got a very childish but fun LotR RotK jigsaw puzzle book.(very amuzing)

I am hoping to get HoME soon, I also would like more action figures.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 02-03-2005 at 05:06 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:03 PM   #632
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
my collection is sort of pathetic compared to others but here goes

The Hobbit on hardback
The Lord of The Rings special edition on hardback
FOTR extended edition dvd
TTT extended edition dvd
many magazines
gollem action figure
Smeagol figure
the making of the Smeagol figure on dvd
an autographed picture of Orlando Bloom as Legolas
ninlaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:30 PM   #633
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Boots

Quote:
The Hobbit computer game (very fun)
Oooh. That sounds cool. How far have you gotten on it?

Quote:
the making of the Smeagol figure on dvd
This sounds cool, too! Is this the polystone figure, or a toy, or which?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #634
ninlaith
Wight

It's the polystone figure. The dvd was just them making the figure and tons of other figures but I thought it was pretty interesting.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 PM   #635
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up Wow

I have Sam and Bill, and Frodo, as far as Polystone figures go. They are so detailed, I can't get over it. Your Gollum is from Sideshow Toy?
Old 07-22-2004, 07:14 AM   #636
ninlaith
Wight

Yeah, on the dvd they took you inside the Side-show factory and showed you how they made the figures and made caseings of all the actors faces and neat things like that.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #637
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thumbs up

I had a collectible item given to me today that is not from LotR, but does have to do with the Downs, since it involves my avatar - a Fiona (ogre version) PEZ dispenser!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #638
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Well Samwise Ive actually won it at least a dozen times, it quite easy.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #639
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

Very cool, Miss Estelyn. Sounds right up your alley, if you follow me.

LOL, wilwarin....easy unless you're video game inept, like me.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:19 PM   #640
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril a special gift...

Hey, Stacey, been a while since I posted here, but I've been trying to cut back...although not very successfully. Those expansion packs look great--I don't have any of the Return of the King or the Elves. Maybe I need to scope out ebay for more cards...

The only things new for me are a couple of 3 figure sets in the 3-inch figures:

Fighting Fellowship with Fighting Gimli, Fighting Aragorn & Fighting Legolas

The Capture of Sméagol which has a Gondorian Ranger Bowman (with hood & mask), Faramir (wearing his White Tree leather tunic), and Sméagol/Gollum (crouching & complete with fish)

Quote:
....easy unless you're video game inept, like me.
I think I have previously mentioned that I have the RotK video game for my pc. I have played the dang thing for hours and hours and hours, and I canNOT get beyond Level I. It's very frustrating! However, my 8 year old grandson, after a mere 45 minutes or so, was into Level III for Aragorn and Level II for Gandalf!! **totally unfair**

There is a little video located in the menu of the game called "Hobbits on Gaming", which interviews Dom, Billy & Elijah on playing video games. Billy made a quote at the very end which I felt was extremely appropriate for me. He said: "I think I have a special gift for gaming. I just haven't opened it up and given it to myself yet."

Stacey, maybe we should just open up that gift and give it to ourselves, too!!