The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #121
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
I am voting:

++Macalaure

If he turns into a wolf then i will be staring more at Brinniel and i am sad of Mith's quietness...
Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #122
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, those I find suspicious/somewhat suspicious right now:

Mac for his odd behaviour. First, he was overly defensive and now he just seems to have this "I give up" attitude.

Nogrod whom I keep wobbling back and forth on. Some of his comments make me worrisome, while I find some of his arguments quite sensible.

Kath for her persistance on Nogrod. At first, I found her arguments against him reasonable, but she just keeps going at him and that irks me.

The Might for his bandwaggoning. Though I must admit, his last post makes me less suspicious. Perhaps, he is just a confused newbie.

I'm a little wary of Gil for his two Days of very safe voting (comfortably staying in the bandwagon). I don't know if I want to use the word suspicious just yet, but it does bother me.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #123
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Legate -> Mac
The Might -> Mac
Gil -> Mac3

Aaargh!

So let's just shoot ourselves to the leg now shall we? There will be no trace left from this vote if we continue like this...

I'll try to look at some other possibilities we could still consider - besides Kath that is.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #124
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm leading by three already? Oh, come on....

Well, I have little hope I can escape this, since I think it's probably not even the deed of the balrogs that got me here, and they surely won't save me. Anyway, here are my thoughts on Brinniel. Tomorrow, when you know this came from an innocent, they might be worth something. Or not.

I actually started suspecting her from her first post (#15) on (check my #31). She says she has nothing to say and then just agrees with Mith on something. This was too much of a feel-good feeling. When Nogrod criticised her, she reacted quite thin-skinned in #20. But then she made some reasonable analysis in #29, and I didn't pursue her anymore. In #42 she comes back and blows the "Rikae isn't gifted" horn that others used before to justify her vote for Rikae, adding the obligatory "I'm not entirely confident".

Today, her behaviour towards Nogrod and me is very suspicious.

She completely turned around on him today. First, in #99, she practically dropped her suspicion of him and explains/defends herself against his accusation. So far so good. She then picks up Legate's Voice-of-Saruman comment in #106, and while she said she's worried by it, she basically defends Nogrod that if it was the case, he's playing very dangerous.
It's subtle, yes, but after she appeased Nogrod she's clearly trying to associate herself with him and - surprise - it's working.

She first defends me from TM's weak 5-minute point in #99. Yesterday, she had some suspicion against me, then interrupts it with a defense, only to go for it again in #106. Note especially that none of the points she raised against me are genuine. She congratulates Nogrod(!) for his points against me, she notes that I've been defensive (which I was in exactly one post) and said I "didn't feel like the typical Mac" (which is basically taken from Rikae's last comments yesterday).

Oh, and she's also the ever-helpful model citizen by quoting the rules to Legate in #110.

I wrote this before I saw Brinn's new one. Hmmmm...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #125
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post

Neither of these gives me a truly suspicious impression, but my overall picture of him is just fuzzy. The way Mith went after Nogrod is strange as well. I'm confused about both of them.
With our history?

I don't know why I am accused of being jumpy ... I have nothing to be jumpy about at least as far as the game goes and I would love some specific examples ... I know I can be thin skinned but my main emotion was frustration at the Groundhog end of the day situation with just me and Nogrod around and sniping at each other....

I have only been able to skim through todays posts so far but I do wonder that if we had a Cobbler lover, if we might have a gifted Lover (as opposed to the usual Werewolf / Ordo combo). I don't know if that gets us further since obviously it is not helpful to speculate about the identity of gifteds... just a ponder.

I am sorry that I haven't been here more ... I hope to rectify that....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #126
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry just noticed the triangle lover thang .... didn't read the narration properly...

Old 11-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #127
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Nerwen did a similar thing too, seemingly taking offense at Rikae's playing style and lynching her 'for want of a better candidate', which I don't like.
Maybe I should have put it this way: I felt that whether Rikae was a balrog, cobbler or just a loose cannon, she was more dangerous to the miners' side than to the enemy. Note that I didn't lynch her until after she had had her chance to explain herself and had chosen to post gibberish. In other words, she asked for it.

Okay, let's look at the field. This is more like it. Now everyone's managed to act suspiciously at some point– except the non-contributors, who are suspicious by default.

Unfortunately, we seem to have another bandwagon starting up. Since there have been three votes to lynch Macalaure already, I propose

++Gil-Galad

No offence, Gil. But you've said some pretty strange things. Maybe it's just your way– I don't know you. Anyway, I'm mainly doing this because I don't want a repeat of yesterDay. There's no reason to have only one or two lynching prospects toDay. As I said, we're all suspect now.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #128
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I don't know why I am accused of being jumpy
I didn't say you're jumpy, just that the whole thing between you and Nogrod had some weirdness in it. But now that you mentioned it, yes, it does has some Groundhog Day resemblance. It's not the first game in which I found your conversation strange.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #129
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What I found out in a hurry...

Lhuna, Naria, Shasta and Sally may get modfired toDay. So let's not use our short time on them unless they appear.

The Might seems to be very eager to jump on the right horse all the time. It can be seen all the time. It looks like he tries to see who's got the winning horse on a Day and then expresses his agreement with that. I'd be ready to bring him forwards as a candidate toDay.

Gil I still think is innocent. Just read him.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #130
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
I didn't say you're jumpy,
That was Kath actually.......

Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #131
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
What I found out in a hurry...

Lhuna, Naria, Shasta and Sally may get modfired toDay. So let's not use our short time on them unless they appear.
Good to hear, because I had been considering voting for one of the rank outsiders. Out of curiosity, where did you hear that? It's not in the admin thread.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #132
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'd offer The Might, Kath or Mac to the fore.

What do you say?

If Mac is innocent I'd look very closely the relationship between Legate and The Might as it looks like Legate handles him with soft gloves and backs away from suspecting him so much as to vote for different reasons while still making an appearance that he suspects him generally.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #133
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Good to hear, because I had been considering voting for one of the rank outsiders. Out of curiosity, where did you hear that? It's not in the admin thread.
If one doesn't vote or post in two Days in a row. None of them voted yesterDay and none has voted toDay neither.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #134
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
, where did you hear that? It's not in the admin thread.
Parental prerogative I suspect.....

Old 11-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #135
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
The Might seems to be very eager to jump on the right horse all the time. It can be seen all the time. It looks like he tries to see who's got the winning horse on a Day and then expresses his agreement with that. I'd be ready to bring him forwards as a candidate toDay.
Well yes, and I've stated my suspicions about him too, as he has been troubling me all Day. Legate almost seemed to let him off the hook only because he's a newbie, but I wouldn't be so quick to do that.

It's a toss-up because I don't exactly see Mac as innocent either....his posts just get weirder and weirder. The only thing that holds me back is that I worry this will be another repeat of yesterDay and we don't need that.

My vote will either be for Might or Mac.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #136
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Hopefully five votes coming in still.

Mac3
Gil1

Where are you hiding people? Comments now! Please...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #137
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
....his posts just get weirder and weirder.
Could you possibly make this more vague? Would you care to specify?

And is really nobody following me in my suspicion on Brinniel? *shakes head*

Gil is the only co-bandwaggon so far. Even though he voted me, he's also one of the few who's suspicious of Brin, so I would only vote him if I really had to save myself.

I understand the suspicions about the Might, but I hesitate because much of it comes from Nogrod and Brin...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #138
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'd agree with Brinn as I could try both Mac and The Might.

Choosing The Might might clear some issues with Legate as well (if he is a balrog I'd bet Legate is as well).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #139
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
And is really nobody following me in my suspicion on Brinniel? *shakes head*
It'd take time which we don't seem to have right now.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #140
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Sorry, I really need to get used to playing ww again.

I see that Mac is garnering toDay's votes. I'm not finding Mac to be overly suspicous right now. He is acting a bit odd and I will take the chatter into consideration if alive next Day. So I'll vote for the newbie that has bothered me for a bit now.

++Nerwen

Her last post is just...hmm harsh? You think m'dear that one asks to be lynched, then I think that you are asking for it. Doesn't make sense? Well neither does your reasoning for your two votes. Rikae asked for it and now you are willing to kill someone else just for the heck of it? IF you truly think someone is guilty then by all means jump on the wagon, but if you have someone else in mind that you are truly suspicous of then put that person's name down. Not because you are opening the playing field.

I have some other points to make about her and the other newbies that I read previous to my last post, but time is of the essence right now.

Last edited by Naria; 11-15-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: xed with alot
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #141
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's try it then...

++ The Might

EDIT: X'd with Naria!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #142
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Kath is making me uneasy ... but that may be history ...don't quite see whey Mac is so suspicious but I accept that my grasp on the situation may be awry.....

Noone is really figuring on my radar too much apart from usual suspects ... can I ever trust Nogrod, Kath or gil ..?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #143
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Either Mac is a desperate balrog or sorely mistaken.

Quote:
Choosing The Might might clear some issues with Legate as well (if he is a balrog I'd bet Legate is as well).
Hmm...the idea of a Were-Might and a Were-Legate as his mentor is a bit scary...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #144
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

No time to think .... don't need a new candidate ..

++ Gil galad

Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #145
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Ack...we can't spread out these votes anymore...

Urgh, which one: Might or Mac? I don't know.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #146
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

The Might is both more suspicious to me and more likely to overtake me in the number of votes.

++The Might

I hate to vote newbies so early, though.

x-ed with Mith's vote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #147
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Mac3
Gil2
Nerwen1
Might2
Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #148
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Vote swiftly or it will be Mac by default

Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #149
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I need more time to think....

++Might

Ah, well.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #150
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

A positive decision is better than letting it happen usually...

Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #151
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Stop discussing, little ones

Mac is lynched. Role revelation and narration to follow.

Special people, you may start your nightly activities if you wish...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #152
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Well, I don't know if that made much difference....
Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #153
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Dang it! I got here as soon as I could. I swear, I'll never get to vote if my schedule keeps up this way. *shuts up*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #154
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lhunardawen was banging her head against the wall. "I'm too tired, I'm too tired, I'm too tired...", she hummed in an endless mantra. Bang. Bang. Bang. Her head hit the stony wall again and again. The banging grew louder until it was swallowed by Lhuna's screaming: "Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" The villagers heard a huge cracking sound and there was blood everywhere. Lhuna had smashed her own head so hard against the wall that her skull had broken.
"Messy", commented Shasta, summarizing it all quite nicely.

~*~

In a long and noisy acclamation, Legate, The Might and Gil-Galad managed to be the noisiest and so it was agreed that Macalaure would be killed.

”Killed? Me?” he asked, ”Oh, come on...”

”We're entirely serious”, the villagers told him.
”Oh, a pity”, he said, making an elegant turn on his heels and casting off his garb at the same time.

”No! We don't want to see Mac Uncloaked! Gandalf was terrible enough!” Mith wailed, but it was too late. Where the miner Macalaure had stood, now a mighty shape of flame and shadow rose to fill the room.

The villagers screamed. Mac the Balrog with Swing smiled down to them. Then, he started singing in a groovy voice:

”Wie sie geh'n und steh'n
wie sie dich anseh'n
und schon öffnen sich Tasche und Herz
und dann kaufst du 'n Ring und 'n Nerz
ein lasziver Blick
und schon ändert sich deine Politik
kein Boss und kein Actionheld
kein Staat und kein Mafiageld
Balrogs regiern die Welt”

Walking moonwalk, doing pirouettes and setting off his show with gorgeous pyrotechnics, his show no doubt captured every single villager's attention. Actually, after the fantastic show, they no longer harbored thoughts of killing this genious showman. Why, it would have been a great loss to the world. Instead, they applauded and whistled. This was definitely the best show seen in Gondolin in ages.

”Bravo! Bravo!” shouted Naria.
”Oh, he's so amazing” Nerwen sighed.
”A true star”, Kath agreed.
”I wish I was as good as he is”, Nogrod said with a regretful tone.

By that time, two enthusisatic fangirls had already surrounded Mac with Swing.
Mac! Mac!” Sally shouted, ”the hairy balrog!”
”Oh, but do you balrogs have hair?” Brinn asked, her eyes shining.
"Do you think I'm some kind of a werewolf or so, eh?" Macalaure asked, insulted, "I'll go back to Angband, it seems here even my fans are all second class!"

He turned his back to the miners to hide his tears. There was nothing left of his great show anymore. He shambled away, humming a sad tune: "I'm a poor lonesome balrog..."

That was the last what was ever heard of him in Gondolin.

~*~

Dead
Thinlómien (mod) - killed by a wingless balrog on Night1
Rikae (ordo) - ate too many cobblers on Day1
Volo (Maeglin the Cobbler Lover) - dropped by a winged balrog on Night2
Lhunardawen (ordo) - committed suicide by smashing her own head on Day2
Macalaure (The Balrog with Swing) - left after being insulted by his low-class fans on Day2

Living
Brinniel
Gil-Galad
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Naria
Nerwen
Nogrod
satansaloser2005
Shastanis Althreduin
The Might

Night3 starts.
Like I said, you gifteds, balrogsies and lovers may now do what you will.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 11-15-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #155
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Day3 dawns

The Might is on the three-peaked mountain. He has a feeling he’s been here before. When he looks back he sees the lights of the city of Gondolin. But something pulls him forward, some unknown force. He can't resist. He wants to stop but his feet don't obey him. He’s going deeper to the dark. He’s afraid. They are waiting for him, as if summoned by his fear. They feel him approaching, they hear the blood pounding in his ears, they smell his sweat. He’s trying to turn back, but even if he could, it would be too late. There's one behind him, there's one before him. He stops. They come closer. Flame and shadow, shadow and flame, merging into one, parting into two. The Might screams.

~*~

Through a small hole in the roof, the miners could see a piece of sky. When the day dawned a bright star, never seen before, lingered above Gondolin after all the other stars had gone.

Weeping for the innocent little boy, the miners sang a song:

“Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky!
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!”

And two of them wept more than the others (and two less than the others, but another one of them was a very good singer).

~*~

Dead
Thinlómien (mod) - killed by a wingless balrog on Night1
Rikae (ordo) - ate too many cobblers on Day1
Volo (Maeglin the Cobbler Lover) - dropped by a winged balrog on Night2
Lhunardawen (ordo) - committed suicide by smashing her own head on Day2
Macalaure (The Balrog with Swing) - left after being insulted by his low-class fans on Day2
The Might (Eärendil the Seer) - became the miners' shining star on Night3

Living
Brinniel
Gil-Galad
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Naria
Nerwen
Nogrod
satansaloser2005
Shastanis Althreduin

Day 3 begins. Stop your nightly activities and start talking immediately!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #156
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
So we have lost a Seer. That is a large setback. There are two main questions that come to my mind now:

1. Has he posted anything on the thread that could be useful to us? Any hints of possible balrogs he dreamt about during the Nights?

2. One thing that could be easily overlooked, why was he killed? Did the balrogs somehow guess his role? Or was it just a luck from their part? What were the motives? That may help in revealing the identity of the balrogs.

There were three nights. First before the game started, second after Day 1 and third after Day 2. On each of these nights (unless he forgot, which I doubt) TM aka Eärendil, may his light ever shine, has Seen someone. From Night 3, unfortunately, there's no information to be gathered. But if we can, we should try to conclude of whom he dreamt the Nights before.

To the second question, TM was, I believe, suspected quite enough for the balrogs to be left alive to create a possible subject for the lynch for the others. Or what do you others think about that? Whatever the case, I'd say we look for something that could have led the balrogs to think that he's a Seer. Who knows what we may learn by that - if such a thing exists, that is.

Now to the first question. But for this I really need to look through TM's posts.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #157
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

We got a balrog but we lost the seer. Great and sad at the same time.

But how did they pick him? Did he leave any clues?

I have read The Might's posts once again and there are a few things I'd like to share.

I said yesterDay that The Might looked like he was betting on the winning horse all the time and thence looked suspicious. I must say he really did then. But if you are indeed the seer you don't wish to get suspected. So that's undesrstandable.

With a closer look I made an interesting find. The Might had actually talked just about a few people. And there are interesting wordings & changes in his attitudes.

On Day1 he speculated as an example Lhuna to make his point of reverse-reverse-reverse psychology and agreed with Brinn bantering / serious posting -issue. He said Rikae had a special way of starting a game and voted me on "Gondolindrim instinct".

He began Day2 by the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM #86
Well, I must admit I feel I've been wrong about my last vote. I actually doubt Nogrod is a bad guy right now, just kinda feeling that. Yes, know it sounds somewhat stupid to change my mind so fast, but I hope I won't be wrong about this.
Nor do I think that Legate is bad. Looking through their past posts it doesn't seem there is any planning happening.
Hmmm...not sure what to believe of many others
Now my gut reaction is that he had dreamt of Legate on Night1 (yes he had a dream on Night1) and of me on Night2. That would fit nicely what he said.

His second post offers us a new possibility for interpretation. He jumps pretty fast on my suspicion on Mac - which was a good case *gloats just a bit* - but was just a well grounded suspicion. So was it that he had indeed had dreamt of Mac and was happy to see someone giving him a ride to make a case against a balrog known to him? After that he continued hammering Mac down (possibly strengthening the latter interpretation of his dreams). Then he goes defencive. He tells he had suspected Mac already on Day1 and that he feels myself and Legate are innocents.

Then he votes Mac with the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
I am quite certain about my vote and also am suspicious about Kath, but I'm not entirely sure about that one.
I'm quite sure what he said about Kath was not seer knowledge but his thoughts as a villager. But the wording "I am quite certain" looks like he knew indeed.

So what should we think about this?

Back in a minute.

EDIT: X'd with Legate
EDIT2: changed italics to underlining as the quotes are in italics anyway and thence can't be seen...

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-16-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #158
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Analysis of The Might's posts

First one thing. Good to see that Nog had posted before me, because I was waiting for that. I had my opinion formed already, and thus the following is made without any influence of his post on mine and, of course, his is without any influence of mine on his. So, TM's posts, with two addittions in italics from me:

DAY 1

Says absolutely nothing.

Explains why he said nothing. The only person he mentions is Lhuna who, as we know, is already dead, and he says nothing of concern to us.

Agrees with Brinn on that it's better to say something that has little or no value than saying completely nothing. Says that Rikae's way of starting the game is very "special ".

Says that he didn't want to seem confusing (when people say he is). Says that except Rikae's vote nothing that could make him think whether someone is a balrog or not has happened. Says that he's going to "follow his Gondolindrim instinct and vote". Votes Nogrod. (At that time, there were four votes for Rikae by Rikae, Brinn, Gil and Volo and one vote for Nogrod by Kath.)

DAY 2

Says he actually doubts Nogrod is a bad guy. To be precise, he adds:
Quote:
Well, I must admit I feel I've been wrong about my last vote. I actually doubt Nogrod is a bad guy right now, just kinda feeling that. Yes, know it sounds somewhat stupid to change my mind so fast, but I hope I won't be wrong about this.
Also says that he does not think I (Legate) am bad and that it does not seem that I am planning something with Nogrod.

This to me looks as if he has Seen Nogrod at Night 2. This quick change of mind on Nogrod could also be something that the Balrogs may have noticed and thus, attacked him.

Says that Nogrod's points in analysis of Mac are interesting and convincing, is looking forward to what Mac has to say.

After a few posts from Mac, TM concludes that he's indeed suspicious.

Notices many people regard him as bad guy due to the fact he agrees with me and Nogrod about Mac. Says that he had his own suspicions on Mac from the start of the 2nd day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
However, I had had my own suspicions about Mac from the start of the 2nd day.
Now this sentence may also look like saying "I dreamt of Mac toNight."
Votes Mac (after there was only one vote before, by me, also for Mac). Says that he is quite certain about his vote and adds that he is suspicious about Kath, but not entirely sure on that one.

And that was the last from him.

Please everyone make your own conclusions based on this. I don't want any of my opinions to influence you.

Now, as you see, there are two points of mine in italics that are contradictory. TM's change of opinion on Nogrod at the beginning of Day 2 is indeed shocking. However, what about his suspicion on Mac? That also arose, as he says, from the beginning of Day 2 (Day 2! Not Day 1, as Nogrod says!!!). Now what? He couldn't have two dreams at night. But after the situation on Day 1, when he voted Nog, I'd guess it's only logical to conclude that he voted him. Could it be that he concluded that no way, if Nog is innocent, Mac could be as well? Possibly. This is why he was so sure. Because, I believe had he dreamt of Mac on Day 1 already, he would've voted him, and not Nog, that Day.

But one thing remains - whom he dreamt of on Day 1? Well, given TM is a newbie here, and I daresay of all the players he's probably the most familiar with me (from the outside), it could be that with nothing else to guide him, he chose to dream of me on Day 1. Well, then, I am innocent, of course. But he never mentioned me on Day 1. In fact, there are only a few people whom he mentioned on Day 1. Nevertheless, one thing is undiscutable: TM certainly did not dream of Nog on Day 1. Had Nog been innocent, he wouldn't have voted for him. Had Nog been a balrog, TM wouldn't have changed his opinion of him on Day 2.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #159
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm bent to to believing that the balrogs thought The Might had dreamt of Mac.

That means he couldn't have dreamt of both me and Legate. So he trusted one of us and dreamt of another. I'm not too happy to speculate with this any more as we should leave the balrogs some hard decisions to the next Night.

What I kind of wonder right now is whether his last point about Kath was the thing that brought the alarm bells ringing with the balrogs or was his confidence on Mac enough? I wouldn't be surprised if Kath indeed is a balrog and they just had to eliminate him because they feared that he was getting too effective.

I need to think this a bit more while I pack my things for an early wake up tomorrow. I will vote very early (around 3-4AM GMT) before I leave for the airport. But I'll try to make a few posts before I go to sleep.

EDIT: X'd with Legate, again...
Old 11-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #160
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Now, what did TM leave us here as a legacy? Probably nothing to point us towards a balrog, as it seems that the only balrog he could have eventually dreamt of was lynched. But even then I believe his vote for Mac was influenced by his trust put in Nogrod.

In contrary to Nog, I believe whatever he said about Kath in his last post does not necessarily have to be a reason for his kill. Remember that once the balrogs learned that TM is a Seer, they would have attacked him whether he was close to revealing one of them or not. So I'd be careful before making conclusions like this.

I have to think. Will be back soon.