The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2003, 07:58 AM   #1
Linteamarthwen
Pile O'Bones

Linteamarthwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Insanly Funniness in ROTK

Did anyone find something absolutly funny in the movie? A lot of times I found myself laughing uncontrolable about something, small. <P>Like this one part were Aragorn and Gandalf(and friends) are talking about the coming threat of Mordor and Aragorn says something like, We will keep Saurons eye on us, for Frodo's chance to get to MT. Doom. Then after that deep moment, Legolas says, "A deversion..." OH my Gosh! It is like so obvios! Oh course its a deversion! My friend and I just kept laugh about it forever.<p>[ 8:59 AM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: Linteamarthwen ]
Linteamarthwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Legolas says, "A deversion..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, that was like, so stupid!<P>Maybe not insanely funny, but funny nevertheless was Gimli's comment after Legolas's stunt: "It counts for only one" or something like that..<P>I had a good laugh with the Hobbits dancing and singing on the tables too.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I also smiled at that part. <I>Legolas, elvish stuntman and speaker of the obvious.</I>. But really, besides shooting a lot and uttering corny phrases, what else was Legolas supposed to do?<P>I also laughed when Frodo, Sam, and Gollum were hiding about 4 feet away from the army of Minas Morgul. What a great hiding place!<p>[ 2:51 PM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 12-18-2003, 09:12 AM   #4
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I also laughed when Frodo, Sam, and Gollum were hiding about 4 feet away from the army of Minus Morgul. What a great hiding place!<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, and especially when the Witchking flew practically over their heads...
Old 12-18-2003, 10:27 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I laughed at the eagles, the whole ending, Gimli, and some other funny bits.<BR>But I always laugh in the wrong places... I laughed at the end of Titanic.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #6
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I thought the humor wasn't forced at all like in TTT. People laughed in the theater because something was generally amusing, not funny. I don't think these movies ought to be "funny" but realisticly funny. They did a good job.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:30 PM   #7
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

I loved the part after Frodo woke up, and Gandalf was there, and everyone else came in. You see Gimli wipe away a tear... it's too funny! I would have been laughing like crazy at that one, had I not been crying already... I did laugh some, though. It was great
Old 12-18-2003, 12:58 PM   #8
mallornleaf

Sting

I found some parts pretty amusing~ though maybe not insanely funny<P>For example~ Aragorn starts for the paths of the dead and Gimli "lets him know" that hes not going alone or the random times characters would refer to each other as "laddie" <P>Dont ask why (you dont want to know!) but i laughed when Denethor asked Pippin if he could sing more than any other part of the movie!
Old 12-18-2003, 02:25 PM   #9
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The audience at the midnight feature was very responsive, and there was a lot of laughter, especially when Gollum comments about orcs, "And they doesn't taste very good, does they, precious?" so matter-of-factly.<P>It would have been hilarious if, after Legolas says "A diversion!", Aragorn had turned around slowly, nodding a little with a confused look on his face, and said, "Well, yes, Legolas, that's more or less the whole point." Or at least Gimli could have given him a sidelong glance. Because honestly, it was one of the least intelligent things Legolas had ever said.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:32 PM   #10
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I also laughed when Frodo, Sam, and Gollum were hiding about 4 feet away from the army of Minas Morgul. What a great hiding place!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yep, with Sam's head sticking up over the rocks so he can see what's happening .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:38 PM   #11
Gimli stonesheild
Pile O'Bones

Gimli stonesheild has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

i gotta be quick but i loved teh part where gimli comes inat the end with the hobbits jumping all around frodo and in comes Gimli, i thought he was gonna join the hobbits and jump on the bed.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:34 PM   #12
elsye
Animated Skeleton

elsye has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really like when the screen went black and everything was quiet. The people who haven't read the books thought it was over and some even stood up to leave... and then the next scene started!
Old 12-18-2003, 03:42 PM   #13
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Legolas: "A diversion!"<P>Aragorn: "Thank you, Captain Obvious."<P>*Gandalf rolls his eyes*<P>Gimli: "Just like an Elf...."
Old 12-18-2003, 03:50 PM   #14
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My friend found that a part of the movie had physical humour when Gandalf wacked Denethor of the head with his staff when he was going mad. I dont realy know why it looks funny because i havnt seen the film yet. I will hopefully find out tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #15
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><I>Legolas, elvish stuntman and speaker of the obvious</I><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Oh yeah... <P><B>Legolas:</B> A diversion!<P><B>Aragorn:</B> *rolls eyes* Thank you, oh wonderous elf, for your overwhelming ability to state the obvious! I am so not worthy of being in your presence.<P><B>Legolas:</B> [oblivious] As it is said in the common tongue: Flattery will get you nowhere.<P><B>Gimli:</B> [shakes his head]<P>*snork* <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>when Gollum comments about orcs, "And they doesn't taste very good, does they, precious?" so matter-of-factly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I nearly died laughing at this part. And just after that as well, when Smeagol says "get the precious for me", and Gollum gives him this *look* and says "for <I>us</I>." and then Smeagol after: "oh, yes, that's what I meant. For us." So funny!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>My friend found that a part of the movie had physical humour when Gandalf wacked Denethor of the head with his staff when he was going mad. I dont realy know why it looks funny because i havnt seen the film yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yes! That's so funny! Denethor turns around and you just see this white thing come out of the side of the screen and hit him in the face; you can't really tell what it is until it switches to a different angle and you see Gandalf standing there. He then hits Denethor in the stomach and over the back, flooring him, then Gandalf yells for the men to go defend the walls. V. kewl.<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-18-2003, 04:32 PM   #16
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Yes! That's so funny! Denethor turns around and you just see this white thing come out of the side of the screen and hit him in the face; you can't really tell what it is until it switches to a different angle and you see Gandalf standing there. He then hits Denethor in the stomach and over the back, flooring him, then Gandalf yells for the men to go defend the walls. V. kewl. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well thats pleasing to know. Now i can say that my friend isnt going completely insane. Dont you think its also strange the way the Gondor men dont give a damn that Gandalfs beating up their Steward and just take orders from Gandalf afterwards?<P>Gondorian Soldier: Hey that wizrds beating up Lord Denethor with his staff<P>Other Gondorian soldier: aahh well. I never liked him anyway.(Carries on shooting orcs with his bow)<p>[ 5:35 PM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: Phervasaion ]
Old 12-18-2003, 05:32 PM   #17
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<B>Definitely</B> the unintentionally funniest part would be Aragorn shoving his kingly tongue down Arwen's throat! That was terrible! But in a good way, I suppose. A lot of people in my theatre laughed out loud, nobody louder than me! I think that a lot of the more serious types were probably a bit annoyed at us doing that. It just seemed so funny, not at all regal or understated (Arwen's kiss back to him was a better example of this). Perhaps a joke on the fact that he hasn't had any action in a long time? I thought they should have added the sound effects of Denethor eating that grape! <P>For some reason people laughed when they saw Sam and Frodo in Orcs' clothes? Anyone know why this is funny, I completely missed that joke?! I assume they were all people who hadn't read the book. If so there was a disturbingly large number of them!<P>Oh yeah, Merry's cheesy grin when he first puts on the helm of Rohan was priceless. Billy Boyd was right, he <B>definitely</B> had a better costume than Dom!<P>Doesn't count as laughing, but I had the hugest grin on my face when Sméagol got the Ring back. He got his precious back!! Awww...<P>A lot of people laughed when they saw Gimli walk into the room where Frodo had been sleeping, presumable because he had this really stupid almost cross-eyed expression on his face. <B>GRARRGH!!!</B> Gimli once again has his dignity and strength pulled out from under him.<P>Also I had to laugh at the reaction when Legolas came in. It was cool, so many teenage girls swooning and gasping and making dirty comments. You fangirls are terrible!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:36 PM   #18
Tar-Alcarin
Wight

Tar-Alcarin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I laughed at the end of Titanic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, well that was just plain funny. But my mom says im jaded, so there you go. <BR>I was laughing during Pelennor because i was caught up in the moment of blood lust. But it was more the kind of laugh when something really cool is about to happen though. But when Merry and Pippen were dancing, that was funny. <P><BR>Miniature Rohirrim armor: $500. Amount of fuel it took pippen to light the beacons: $20. Seeing your two favourite hobbits get wasted and drunk: priceless
Old 12-18-2003, 08:19 PM   #19
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The nazgul flapping around after Eowyn cut off its head reminded me of a chicken But I managed to refrain.<P>Also had to refrain when Gollum was twirling about on invisible Frodo. Worst scene in the whole movie, IMO. Should have been done from Frodo's point of view, or had Gollum just reaching from behind instead of actually going piggy back

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:36 AM   #20
TheBladeThatWasBroken
Animated Skeleton

TheBladeThatWasBroken has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheBladeThatWasBroken
Sting

Hilarious parts:<BR>Gandalf whacking Denethor and commands the Gondorian's to return to their posts<P>"Great chance of failure and small possibility of survival... What are we waiting for?" (Or something like that) from Gimli<P>"That still counts as one"<P>The ghosts swarming Minas Tirith, sure the Mordor army has flying beasts... but the problem with Aragorn's army is... YOU CANT HIT THEM!!<P>And a bunch of things that Gimli said, when they got off the ships and at the Path of the Dead
Here I set it, but I command you not to touch it, nor to permit any other to lay hand on it. In this elvish sheath dwells the Blade that was Broken and has been made again. Telchar first wrought it in the deeps of time. Death shall come to any man that draws Elendil's sword save Elendil's heir.
TheBladeThatWasBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:22 AM   #21
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Legolas says, "A deversion..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Lol...I quite agree. Legolas is a bit "slow" eh? I actually smiled and was about to laugh, but then I saw that no one else laughed so I kept it to myself...<P>I also found it very amusing when Eowyn fought with the Witch King. She said, "I'm not a man, I'm a woman!" Eowyn then takes of her helmet and she waves with her hair. The camera is only filming her face + hair, and it looks like a "shampoo commercial". And I usually laugh at silly Shampoo commercials, and this my friends, was not an exception...
Old 12-19-2003, 08:03 AM   #22
Linteamarthwen
Pile O'Bones

Linteamarthwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I believe I know why people laughed about Frodo and Sam in there orc getups. Well of course the shapes of the helmets were enough to make anyone laugh. And did you see Frodo's face?! He had the funniest look I've ever seen! His eyes were all crossed and stuff. <P>I also thought of something quite funny, The eye...I could help but laugh. When it was falling, it was all twitching and stuff. It looked like it was saying, "What's happening! I'm falling! OMG!!" hahahaha. I thought that was great!
Linteamarthwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 11:18 AM   #23
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Well of course the shapes of the helmets were enough to make anyone laugh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I was actually delighted that they had reproduced the "long snout" design described in the book for Frodo's orc helm. I didn't notice the crossed eyes though...maybe its an aftereffect of spider poison? <P>I did think the scene where Frodo awakens after being rescued from Mt. Doom and the Fellowship comes in one by one reminds me of "The Wizard of Oz!" "You were there, and you, and I think I missed you most of all!" Frodo really seemed all Dorothy in this scene!<P>Cheers!<BR>Lyta<p>[ 12:19 PM December 19, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 11:40 AM   #24
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

The parts that I thought were the most hilarious were:<P>1) When Gimli says: "An Elf will go underground, but a Dwarf will not?" I very nearly yelled out, "You wimpy Dwarf! Get your butt down there!" <P>2) When Legolas and Gimli run into the bedroom at the very end, and then Aragorn runs in looking very late. It's almost as if he's thinking, "What? The Elf and the Dwarf are getting all the action, and the High King isn't? Who's starting the party without me?"<P>3) Denethor getting a good wizardly smackdown delivered by Gandalf, and all the guards just standing there. It was absolutely hilarious! Then I thought about Meela, and just knew that she'd probably declare a vendetta against Gandalf.<P>4) After Legolas kills the oliphaunt, Gimli's yell: "That still counts as one!"
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:02 PM   #25
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Miniature Rohirrim armor: $500. Amount of fuel it took pippin to light the beacons: $20. Seeing your two favourite hobbits get wasted and drunk: priceless<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Right on. <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Well of course the shapes of the helmets were enough to make anyone laugh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Frodo and Sam's or the ones of the Gondorian soldiers guarding the White Tree? I feel so sorry for them.<P>What I thought was really funny was when the Ring falls into the fire, and the Eye just suddenly bugs out, the pupil getting all dialated and everything. It was like someone had just kicked him somewhere sensitive... <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-19-2003, 12:33 PM   #26
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

I thought the funniest line in it was Gimli's "That still only counts as one!"<BR>The entire theatre started applauding and laughing. It was really great.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:44 PM   #27
Sauron_the_Abhorred
Animated Skeleton

Sauron_the_Abhorred has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I seem to be the only person to notice this, but when Barad-Dur is falling, and it cuts to Aragorn, right behing him is a guy with his mouth in an O shape, like he is blowing, and I always think he is trying to blow Barad-Dur down, like when you blow a house of cards down. <P><BR>But..........I hate it in the movies whe nthey try to make it funny, though i did laugh at parts.
Sauron_the_Abhorred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 01:56 AM   #28
The Ninth Spelunker

Sting

How about when Gandalf and everyone else met Merry and Pippin at Isengard, I can't remember what they said. I though it was funny when Gandalf told Pippin that it was best he didn't say anything to Denethor.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:56 AM   #29
Bill the Pony
Pile O'Bones

Bill the Pony has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Agreed: Legolas is definitely the dumb blonde of the group, and that "a diversion" line takes the cake.<P>As for other unintentional funnies:<P>Here's one for those of you who have seen Office Space. When Sam asks Frodo if he can carry the ring for a spell, and his question gets echoed and echoed and echoed in Frodo's head...I swear, it's straight out of Office Space. What's said in that movie is a bit off color, so I won't repeat it here, but fans will know what I'm talking about... (hint: the bleached blonde guy says it at the bbq...)<P>And in when Gollum finally gets the ring and is jumping up and down in slow motion with music a la Carmina Burana in the background (drums and brass)...I nearly laughed out loud. It reminded me of a superbowl commericial.<P>Considering all this unintentional mirth, I'd hate to be a director - so many useful devices are cliched - what do you do? Guess that's why I'm not a director!
Bill the Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:18 PM   #30
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Sting

"It's sticky.. what is it?"<BR>Anyone... anyone? It was such a serious moment but I couldn't help myself... why did he have to say <I>that?</I> <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Here's one for those of you who have seen Office Space. When Sam asks Frodo if he can carry the ring for a spell, and his question gets echoed and echoed and echoed in Frodo's head...I swear, it's straight out of Office Space. What's said in that movie is a bit off color, so I won't repeat it here, but fans will know what I'm talking about... (hint: the bleached blonde guy says it at the bbq...) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*Dies* That's awesome.. now I'll never be able to take that part seriously... haha
Old 12-20-2003, 04:42 PM   #31
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I liked Eomer's dig about Merry. When Eowyn yells at him for discounting Merry's willingness to fight and Eomer says something like: "I do not doubt the valor of his heart... just the length of his arm." *snigger*<P>-Lily
Old 12-20-2003, 05:49 PM   #32
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But really, besides shooting a lot and uttering corny phrases, what else was Legolas supposed to do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hear the seagulls? I was a little disappointed that that wasn't included. It would've poked a hole the amazing, one-man Lego stunt show.
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:53 PM   #33
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Shield

Keep in mind that Legolas wasn't the only character with strange acts of stupidity. What about when Déagol was being pulled through the water by the fish?! If anything had to be called stupid and unnecessary in the film, it would have to be that.<P>Of course, there's always "A diversion!" and Frodo's glowing eyes in Shelob's tunnel...but I won't get into that...
Old 12-21-2003, 01:58 PM   #34
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I was laughing convulsively when Denethor was going all crazy over Faramir's body. I know that it was supposed to be a moving scene, but Denethor was so damn FUNNY! I actually pitied the book-Denethor, but I laughed at the movie-Denethor during just about ALL of his scenes.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:46 PM   #35
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

When I saw Frodo's face when Sam takes the spider wrapping off him, images of Michael Jackson popped into my head. I keep cracking up at the thought of it.
Arothir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #36
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> When I saw Frodo's face when Sam takes the spider wrapping off him, images of Michael Jackson popped into my head. I keep cracking up at the thought of it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you tired of being a grubby-faced little Hobbit? Then you need Shelob's amazing facial scrub. One stab with Shelob's patented "stinger" dispenser and you can kiss goodbye to unwanted facial grime.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:24 PM   #37
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

Pippin's helm...and when he charged...I just envisioned him bowing his head and ramming the nearest orc with that thing...it seemed pointy enough to stab someone with..<P>And Gimli sitting in the throne of the steward was just funny. I think a lot of the theatre laughed at that.<P>Another was, unintentionally, and I think it was my own doing that made it funny..but.. when Sam tells Frodo to get down, because the eye is on him, and Frodo does his stagger about until he falls over bit...it just seemed so obvious, and amusing, that I called out 'Fall over, Frodo. C'mon, fall over.' and at that moment, he falls over...lots of laughter from the people around me. *pokes McLainy and Leo* <P>Erm yeah... I agree about Frodo..thoughts of Michael Jackson did pop up, upstairs.. and the whole 'It's sticky!' thing...heh..<P>As for Legover...'A diversion!' was more of a groaning type scene for me, rather than humourous..it's so old..Lego was made into a Captain Obvious through all three films, and in the third, he really shone through, although, I did manage a half-laugh, half-groan from his line 'The horses are uneasy' I think that was it..I may be a bit off.. but..erm, yeah.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:18 AM   #38
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the MJ thing.<BR> My obscure laugh came from the scene where they're at Aragorn's Coronation, and the four hobbits are being knelt to, did anybody else notice the expressions on their faces?<P>Frodo, looking tragic as usual.<BR>Sam, looking bashfull.<BR>Merry, thinking "oh, we did someting heroic?"<BR>And Pipin, seeming to say, "yep, we're finally getting the recoginition we've earned!"<P>Pippen's expression, along side the other three cracked me up! It was the crowning example of Pippin's nature. I burst out laughing when I saw that, and received a lot of rude stares from neighbor seats.<I>I</I> thought it was pretty funny.<p>[ 2:20 AM December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Pyroclastic ]
Old 12-22-2003, 08:25 AM   #39
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Also I had to laugh at the reaction when Legolas came in. It was cool, so many teenage girls swooning and gasping and making dirty comments. You fangirls are terrible!<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Er, thankyou... But that scene was not quite so breathtaking as the one at the coronation with that oh-so-cool crown thing he was wearing...<P>Let me see...Captain Obvious...Pippin once he lit the beacon and was wondering how to get down- same as with getting Faramir off the pyre...<P>Did you notice in the bed scene at the end, Frodo mouthed Gimli's name and Aragorn's name, but not Legolas'? <P>Erm, is Captain Obvious some sort of established character? Or just a random name? Have I missed something here?<P>EDIT: Oh yes, I know...when everyone was holding their breath when Shelob appeared again, I was going 'Come on Shelob, come on, just get him!!!' My friend was giving me weird looks...and then Shelob stang him and I laughed. (Blood lust of a sort...poison lust? Fresh meat lust? Ok, no... )<P>And Frodo's helmet was rather comical...was it in the books? I made an especial effort not to read it before I saw the film so I wouldn't be sitting there going 'that was in the book!', 'that wasn't!' though I ended up doing that anyway- but only in jest. Argh, reading the book has had a weird effect on my speech...<P>[ 9:30 AM December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]<p>[ 9:46 AM December 22, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 12-22-2003, 10:38 AM   #40
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

When I saw Theoden whacking the swords of the soldiers before the Pelennor battle, I cracked up. He looked like a hyped up fan at a football game.
Arothir is offline   Reply With Quote