The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ones to Marry

There has been a thread not so far back about who you think is best looking, but I was wondering if you could marry anyone in Middle-earth who would it be?!?!?!?!?!(And it doesn't matter if they get married in the end or not)

I know I would marry Samwise or Pippin, not only are they good looking, but also awesome!

MY 200TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Not some Elvish girl cause I would thnik that once I'm dead she's going to find herself some new guy...and I would have to send my Legions of Might (army made up by Gil) to deal with him.

Nah, it would probably have to be someone from Dol Amroth.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Even though I identify with dwarves, I would never want to marry any dwarf. They're a too chauvinistic and jealous race for me.

I would marry Boromir.

I like his pride and self-confidence. He's a man who knows what he wants and gets it also (well, except the throne of Gondor, but who needs that anyway?). I'd have enough freedom & wouldn't have time to tire of him as he isn't home too much. One of the most important things is, though, that I don't think he's of a jealous sort. I just couldn't stand someone who needs to know where I am going, when I am coming back, whom I am meeting etc.

In the end, he dies, so I wouldn't have to spend all my life with him. Not that I couldn't do that but sometimes variatio delectat.

Romantic, aren't I?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Jack Aubrey! Oh...LotR character? I've no idea.

This is ridiculous.

-- Folwren
Old 12-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Despite the many cute elf boys...

this is a no-brainer.

Faramir.

Mr Perfect

Not only is he kind, humourous, courageous, honourable, intelligent, a scholar as well as being a verray parfit gentil knight, but he is tall, dark and handsome and let us not forget, a Prince. And he likes gardens and has a nice taste in presents.

Then he loves a complex, spirited woman for herself as much as her beauty and their relationship promises to be happy and a true partnership. Yeats could be describing them:

"How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;"

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, Mithalwen, Faramir would definitely be a very good choice. But all the same, I don't think I would quite choose him. Oddly enough, I would probably prefer Boromir....without the Ring, of course. I think Faramir would be entirely too quiet and laid back for me. I love him very, very much in the books and admire him greatly, but he's not my type. Kinda like Sam...he's my favorite character, but I would never, ever be happily married to him - not if I were like I am now.

-- Folwren
Old 01-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Jack Aubrey! Oh...LotR character? I've no idea.

This is ridiculous.

-- Folwren
Ha ha! Jack Aubrey...
Old 01-13-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
One of the most important things is, though, that I don't think he's of a jealous sort.
(Concerning Boromir)

I disagree with this entirely. I see jealousy in Boromir's character, for sure. Which I identify with ...you would hate me!

And for my answer, I wouldn't marry any of them, but, Eowyn!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #9
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You're right, MatthewM. What I meant with that, though, was that I don't think he'd be jealous about a sweet little wife like me.