The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #2281
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Better add my explanations before I get in trouble.

Every 4th night, I have to work late (day runs 6:30AM-8PM). And every other of those 4th nights is an overnight shift (6:30AM-1PM the next day). Our beginning Monday night was my last one, so Friday will be next. Then I sometimes wind up at a relative's house with dial-up where I keep getting bumped offline (like now). That at least will be fixed in about an hour. I hope.

Anyway, it all adds up to an early vote for me today, most likely.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #2282
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand Announcement:

There's a good chance I won't be able to post on DAY 3, due to extenuating circumstances--the state of my finances, mainly, but also temporal considerations.

I'll make it up on DAY 4, I promise!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:20 AM   #2283
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Adding up to Nilp here, I might also not be able to post on the third Day. Not for financial reasons, though - a princess should never have that kind of problem - but Saturdays for me are just heavy with church stuff. (You know, similar to those things Eomer's trying hard to do. ) This Saturday in particular, they will take practically the entire day.

I hope you'll all understand. I'm quite sure some of you will. If not, I command you to.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #2284
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry about that. We discovered at a UCAS day yesterday that there may be a possibility of me getting a scholarship so I've been writing an essay all day for it since the deadline is tomorrow
Old 02-24-2006, 03:38 AM   #2285
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril From my royal coffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Adding up to Nilp here, I might also not be able to post on the third Day. Not for financial reasons, though - a princess should never have that kind of problem - but Saturdays for me are just heavy with church stuff. (You know, similar to those things Eomer's trying hard to do. ) This Saturday in particular, they will take practically the entire day.

I hope you'll all understand. I'm quite sure some of you will. If not, I command you to.
Scrap that.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #2286
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I have to say that I am really rather angry at having been labelled a cheat.

But if that is the way that people feel generally, I shall withdraw from the game now.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:05 AM   #2287
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
This game is getting insane... Sauce, do not drop out!!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #2288
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Thinking about it, it is probably not a good idea to have this discussion here and now.

I would suggest that, if you think that I should withdraw, then PM Shelob. I will stand by the decision of the majority.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #2289
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I apologize for my hasty, angry reaction, SPM.

I don't think the inside information should be allowed, but that is not reason to take out my frustrations on you. I'm sorry.

Perhaps it would be best if I drop out?
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #2290
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nobody should drop out. This has obviously caused some varied and strong opinions but they should be worked through and the game shouldn't suffer because of them. By the look of it lmp you're going to die anyway, but SPM you stay put!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #2291
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
And I'm going to get irked...man this is annoying...

Alrighty, here's my view on this whole thing. Yes, it wasn't entirely in the spirit of the game. Yes, it causes a somewhat uneven playing field. Then again the spirit of the game is to lie, decieve, and 'kill' each other, and given varying levels of experience and familiarity with the said lying, decieving, and 'killing' there's never really an "even" playing field.

The gifted players do often try to leave hints to tell others that they are gifted, there's no rule anywhere saying that other players can't do the same thing. Mind you, innocents are usually more concerned with hunting wolves and it's not really in the wolves better interest to go around leaving hints to the effect of "Look at me, I'm a werewolf!". So far as I can see it is acceptable to leave whatever hints you can to your innocence or gifted-state, but it can detract from the game and certainly doesn't guarantee anyone's innocence.

That Nilp, Lhuna, SPM and others left anagrams cannot now be changed. I saw Nilp and SPM exchanging Acrostics in a previous game and passed it off as them just being them. I put no stock in it because honestly I wasn't going to take a poem as evidence of innoence.

Littlemanpoet is clearly irked at this, and clearly wants out of it. Fine, either give him the majority of the votes or (and I'd prefer this if only for the sake of the game) go about buisness as usual, if he really wants out I'll gladly kill him off, I said "no double lynchings" but that's in the case of a tie but I'll gladly begin a whole new discussion about who can break rules by breaking the rules of MY game.

If people really do wish for me to take SPM out of the game too, fine, PM me I'll consider it...but really people, if you want me to take out Saucepan Man shouldn't I be taking out Nilp too...and wouldn't getting rid of 3 people (LMP, SPM, Nilp) all at once rather ruin the game...4 people if you want to count Mormegil's response to the whole thing...

Really people, we're in game 18 here...do you seriously expect us to ignore the previous 17 games? And that's not even counting the WWJ games...pheh, "past lives", "I've seen this in other villages", and you get mad at an anagram...
Old 02-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #2292
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

I should probably clarify, "if he really wants out I'll gladly kill him off" translates to "if he really wants out LMP should PM me and I'll gladly kill him off"
Old 02-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #2293
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
and wouldn't getting rid of 3 people (LMP, SPM, Nilp) all at once rather ruin the game...4 people if you want to count Mormegil's response to the whole thing...
Five people. I also posted an anagram.

Personally, I don't see any reason for anagrams not to be allowed, unless we also disallowed all "hints", which would be utterly absurd.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #2294
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I don't think the inside information should be allowed
Re-reading this, I wonder whether perhaps LMP has misunderstood the situation. There has been no inside information - in fact, anagrams have not been used before. Other forms of hints - including acrostics - have, of course been used. If the knowledge that people may leave hints in their posts is "inside information", well . . . then I don't think any veterans could legally play without having their memories wiped.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #2295
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

What we need to know is this. Is Lmp going to drop out or no. Because if he is, would that not make all the votes for him void? This is so insane!!! I have no problems with the anagrams. And I ahve a thought in my head about why we shouldn't have them but it's stuck in my head. Anyway, let's get back to the game.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #2296
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I'm going to throw in a few thoughts here on this. I think everyone playing should remember that this is Shelob's game. Those of us who have had the honor of modding a game know how special our own game is to ourself.
Please, please don't ruin it for Shelob that it holds resentment for her and not good memories.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 AM   #2297
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

NOTICE:

Littlemanpoet has dropped from the game. He and whoever gets the majority of votes will be killed at the end of the game. (EDIT: *cough* DAY...)

ANYONE WHO VOTED FOR LITTLEMANPOET IS ALLOWED TO CHANGE THEIR VOTES

I'm sure you all understand why.

Now, for the rest of you. CONTINUE LIFE AS NORMAL. Please...

It still stands, if you feel this whole thing constitutes cheating PM me. HOWEVER if you do you should keep in mind that if a majority finds this to be cheating EVERYONE who posted an anagram will be taken out (unless they've already 'died' in the game).

Now I'm going to go eat lunch...after clearing my PMs, just in case.

Last edited by Shelob; 02-25-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Shelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:45 AM   #2298
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thank you, Shelob. I hope the game's enjoyable to you from here on out.

Sorry for having caused such a mess within the game.

This issue will need to be resolved after XVIII.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #2299
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

Trying to limit the amount of posting I do in the other thread...

Quote:
Shelob - can we take it, then, that LMP was telling the truth and that he was in fact an ordinary villager?
Posted by Aiwendil in the game thread

Umm...here's an interesting thing for me, what effects will telling you now have? Since he's going to die at the end of the DAY just as if he'd gotten a majority of votes I feel I ought to just tell you then, as if he'd gotten a majority of votes. Then again LMP is being taken out of the game and unquestionably in unusual circumstances, so arguably you people should be told now and allowed to work with that information for the rest of the DAY...

...hmm...

Alright, it goes against my judgement, I feel you ought to wait for the end of the DAY, but then I feel bad for you people having things so confused (bad for you, worse for me, downright sorry for those either insulted or accused of cheating) so...yes, littlemanpoet was an innocent, ordinary villager.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #2300
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
Re-reading this, I wonder whether perhaps LMP has misunderstood the situation. There has been no inside information - in fact, anagrams have not been used before. Other forms of hints - including acrostics - have, of course been used. If the knowledge that people may leave hints in their posts is "inside information", well . . . then I don't think any veterans could legally play without having their memories wiped.
Well...I used anagrams in my last game to drop hints that I was the Ranger, though no one picked them up. Haven't used any this time.

Anyway, sorry to see you go, lmp.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:06 AM   #2301
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, I won't comment on all that above, I wasn't around and it does not matter anymore.... I guess no-one noticed but I pretty much disapeared today... It's not a clever wolfish plot, I overslept, then went volunteering for six hours and then went for a coffee with a fellow volunteer to talk a few things over. By the time I got home it was well past the deadline. Sorry guys, it seems to have been an intesnse day to say the least, I should have no further problems for the rest of the week 'till next Saturday, but I'll let you know if anything comes up
Old 02-26-2006, 10:48 PM   #2302
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Since it seems that the suspicious Morm cannot take a sick man at his word unless he drags himself out of his sickbed, hobbles across the village, and painstakingly puts up a notice on the Town MessageBoard, let this serve as official notice:

"Formendacil is sick with the flu. He has been sick with the flu, to varying degrees, for nigh on a week now. He is beginning to recover, and as a result, it is probably pointless to be posting this now."

Thank you, and good day.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:35 AM   #2303
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Announcement:

Nilpaurion Felagund might not be able to post toDay.

*death rattle*
Old 02-27-2006, 01:45 AM   #2304
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril Update

Nilpaurion Felagund will be able to post later toDay.

Who's this Nilpaurion Felagund that we care so much about him, anyway?

*lies back in coffin*
Old 02-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #2305
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Curses, curses and even more curses!!

Well, as you've probably noticed by my deathly scilence, I was away all day and did not get a chance to post. Once again, I will not be able to post until this weekend because I will be busy all day Wednsday-Friday. I may ba able to post tomorrow. Sorry!!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #2306
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry, friends.... no excuses for my no-vote toDay and I see it's two in a row so if I shall be killed I'll accept my faith... I got confused with last WW's game and came back too late.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #2307
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

*cough*

The Mod/Author would like to apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to German club this afternoon being followed by delays caused by a teacher meeting which kept her mom rather later, and due to the fact that the mod didn't wish to strand her mother at school just so she could get a werewolf death done on time, The Mod/Author has just got home and the Death for toDAY will be delayed by approximately 15 minutes.

She wishes this was not so but German Club means free food and a better understanding of a foreign language (in today's case a better understanding of Reflexive Verbs in any language) and stranding her mother is more than her life's worth so, to conclude, she doesn't even know who died yet herself.

Sorry again, but I hope the explanation makes sense...
Old 03-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #2308
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Arrrggh.

Sorry I missed the deadline today. I just couldn't get back online until now.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #2309
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Wonderful, cheers morm.

I'm breaking the 'dead players tell no tales' rule just for a moment to find out if there is a queue for modding beyond Nilp?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #2310
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Medium.

Quote:
I'm breaking the 'dead players tell no tales' rule just for a moment to find out if there is a queue for modding beyond Nilp? (Kath)
I remember Formendaga saying that they abandoned the mod-list thing a long time ago. So, perhaps none.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #2311
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'm breaking the 'dead players tell no tales' rule just for a moment to find out if there is a queue for modding beyond Nilp?
I did ask to be put on the list after Nilp.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #2312
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I did ask to be put on the list after Nilp.
Sorry LMP but I think I asked first... although I'm not sure, when did you ask?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #2313
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

My request was in post # 2231.

Yours, Farael, was in post # 2208.

After you, which means you get XX. My 'Dueling Wizards' game can wait until XXI. By the way, I have two volunteers for my two submods already lined up. Looking good! And thanks!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #2314
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

So it's

Nilp
Farael
Elempi
Kath

?

Oh dear, what torment! I must have some rest!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #2315
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I actually thought we abandoned the mod list, cause otherwise I think I announced I wished to mod a game ages ago... But I'm not going to be able to until April / May, so be my guest anyway.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:31 AM   #2316
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Return of the Heroes is lurking somewhere in the distant future...
Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #2317
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

So:

Nilp
Farael
lmp
Kath
Cailin

That's good, means I have some time to figure it out! Thanks guys.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #2318
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

As much as it's promising to see a list of mods up, I would like to make a brief announcement regarding my game, so I'm sorry to interrupt all your planning and plotting, but if you'll forgive me.

NOTICE: Due to the end of the last DAY happening to land of the day with my German class, and due to me wishing to make the final death (whomever it's for) a good one, expect the final ending to be delayed by at least half an hour. I'll try to keep it as close to the actual deadline as I am able, but can't really promise anything.

My thanks future mods, I only regret that school shall keep me from playing in your games. Speaking of school, I don't suppose anyone would be willing to do my Calculus for me? No, fair enough, if you need me I'll be being anti-derivatives...no, I'll being solving antiderivatives...meh, I'll be both
Old 03-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #2319
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sign me up for Nilp's game! I'm ready to go again!
Old 03-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #2320
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots From the desk of the Lord High Scorekeeper

The Three have won 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, and 18 for a total of eleven wins.

The Ordos have won 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, and 17 for a total of six.

The Black Beornings have won squat for a total of naught.

A Tie occurred in 16 making one.

Back to the ole’ drawing board...