The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2006, 09:42 AM   #281
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Yes. I'm angered. This offends the spirit of the game. Such interior messaging should not be allowed.

This game is cooked. I want out. Please vote for me.

"Interior messaging", as you put it, is an intrinsic part of the game. It is standard, is it not, for Gifteds to drop subtle hints in the hope that innocents will pick up on them and that Wolves will not, or to assist the village in the event that they die?

If it was pre-arranged , then I would agree with you. But it was not.

And simply because someone has said that they are innocent in a coded message, it does not follow that they are. No more that if they were openly to state their innocence. I cannot be certain that Nilp is innocent because he declared as much in his anagram but, based on my knowledge of him, I tend to think that he is. And, much as I hate to "step out of the game" in my posts, we all rely to a degree on past games and our knowledge of those that we have played with in the past. In fact, as far as I can see, this is Formendacil's main strategy.

This all seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me.

But I cannot disregard littlemanpoet's vote for himself and entreaty that others vote for him. It could be genuine. But it is also quite possible that it was pre-arranged that, given how suspicious he looked coming into today, he would stand as a sacrifice, enabling his fellow Wolves to vote for him and thereby gain credit.

If lmp is a Wolf, we should look closely at those whom he has declared guilty and at those who have voted for him. Although that will almost certainly include me.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #282
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Those who play in so many games, or at least those who read every game have an unfair advantage over the rest of us.
Or an unfair disadvantage. Like being suspected simply for still being alive on Day 3 ...

I am sorry, but I find it difficult to disregard my knowledge of previous games and the way people play. And I would be willing to bet that I am not alone in that.

But this line of discussion is perhaps better carried on when the game has finished ...
Old 02-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #283
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Just please vote for me and let me out of this cooked , rigged, cheaty game.
Cheaty? Cheaty? This is the game where using the word "see" is often a hint that one is a seer, where mentioning arrows or knives has people crying "hunter", where every post is scrutinized for hints. Why is it cheating to throw an anagram out, at the top of one's post, bolded?

Anyway, I don't quite know what to make of LMP's suicide wish. If he's an ordinary villager, he's not helping us with his dramatics. I suppose he could be an innocent who, thoroughly frustrated, doesn't really care how much damage he does to our chances any more. Or he could be a wolf who, having decided that he's going to die toDAY no matter what, is endeavouring to get us to waste the DAY focusing on him.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #284
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Imagine what the werewolves must think about this 'out in the open' coding. This occurred to me just a moment ago. Of course, maybe they're such veterans that they saw it anyway and accounted for it. Of course, now that I think about it, if Nilp and SPM are werewolves, it's a hand device for codes to confuse things further.

I won't be posting anymore today, I'm going for a long ride to get out of this rather harrowing and unfun environment and out in the sun.

No, I'm not really a werewolf, but get me out of the picture anyway. Please! I've had enough.

EDIT: Sorry for causing such a stink, Aiwendil. It was natural reaction. I'm going for a ride. Have fun, everybody!
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #285
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
++littlemanpoet

The village doesn't need any members who don't want to live here. I don't mean this as a condemnation of any kind; I'm falling back on my useful/not useful paradigm from earlier in the day and deciding that someone who is no longer interested in hunting werewolves is most certainly not useful.

Here on my side of the village it's getting very late, so this will likely be my last post of the day.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:45 AM   #286
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
This is not a sign (of the Apocalypse)

(The director got very frustrated, made an announcement, and declared that "the show must go on", before going to find lunch and leaving the players to sort things out for themselves.)
Old 02-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #287
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
OK, so, lmp has gone and as a result I think we should try to put all this behind us and simply carry on.

Anyone who has voted for lmp may change their votes and I think they should do so in order that their vote might count for something.

No one should be regarded with extra or less suspicion due to these events (though of course minds will have been influenced).
Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #288
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shelob - can we take it, then, that LMP was telling the truth and that he was in fact an ordinary villager?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #289
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
As I mentioned in my previous post, it's getting very, very late here on my side of the village.

I was going to vote lmp anyway; his real desire to get out of the game cemented it in my mind.

Like Kath yesterday, I don't want to make a quick, unexamined vote just for the sake of voting. I think it's too late in the game for that. Unfortunately I think I'll have to forego voting for the day.

I apologize--I have honestly done all I can today.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:59 AM   #290
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I like tar am getting rather annoyed with this. And I know, especially under the curcumstances not to mention the bit of suspicion that I already have, what I'm about to do will definetly hurt me. However, it is (kind of) necessary. I will forego my vote as well. I would go back and look over, but I'm quite tied up at the moment (baysitting) and I do not have a lot of time to reread everything. I will try to contribut more, however, this week, that's looking quite unlikely. I will, however, still participate in the discussions for the time being (when I can) and I may decide to change my mind and may vote.

--Lmp

Last edited by Glirdan; 02-25-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #291
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand Ace at him!

I find myself at a bit of a loss to know what to do now. My entire thinking today up to now was based on the assumption that littlemanpoet was a Wolf. I was settled on voting for him today and then looking at others whom his guilt implicated.

But, since lmp has disappeared without a whiff of Wolfishness, I am now left with a bunch of fellow villagers, some of whom look suspicious and some of whom don't, but none of which really stands out.

I have some more thinking to do, as I don't want to forego my vote, but little time in which to do it. Back shortly with such conclusions as I am able to draw.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #292
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Please excuse the extreme length of this post and be aware that there will be another of similar size following a little later if not two.

Day 1:
Lmp – usual occupation related blather, with a point about buying a knife that brought up suspicions against him later, though these were dropped. Also began the Seer discussion. Disagrees with Glirdan about killing the quiet ones, believing we should look at those who are suspicious and be wary of assuming the wolves will act in a certain way. Fair points. Thinks Aiwendil innocent because of the questions he asked and answers the first one fully, which wouldn’t matter if he is a wolf. His Seer advice seems sound, except for his emphasis on very – we need some clues! Says 5-6 may be spreading the votes too thin but then agrees absolutely with SPM about spreading the votes so long even though SPM just said ‘if that results in a wide field, then so much the better’. Agrees with tar-a about dropping the Seer discussion even though he is the one that started it, then continues with it! Thinks too much clarity might help the wolves. I’m not sure what he means by this but don’t think I’m likely to get an answer toDay. Replies to Anguirel. Thinks there is something a little ‘off’ about SPM. Suspects Boromir and votes for him.

Anguirel – blather. Disagrees with lmp that trying to think like a wolf would is wolvish but agrees about not thinking of the Seers. Claims wolves will act differently depending on their skills, a good point. Thinks Lhuna’s vote odd – but it was random. Supports Glirdan. Disagrees with Eomer over how a wolf would act, reiterating his point about actions being dependent on personal skills. Supports Celuien. Thinks tar-a innocent but Gil guilty. Says Boromir is his most likely target. Votes Boromir. Thinks the voting is now spread quite enough.

Glirdan – wants to get rid of all quiet people (eep!) though I believe that was later explained as a ploy to generate conversation. I don’t like the idea, preferring instead to lynch those I either believe to be wolves or, failing that, those who I feel will be of no help to the village. Some might say that is true of quiet villagers, but as some quiet ones have been known to be the Seer in the past I disagree. However, he does somewhat redeem this statement by claiming he believes one of the wolves would be quiet, so to lynch all the quiet ones would eventually result in catching a wolf. A bit of a drastic measure perhaps, but it may be effective. Votes Gil completely randomly due to time constraints. I think this is fair, it was an early vote and looks random.

Boromir – blather but mentions lmp specifically about not looking to fill his wallet. Seemingly ignoring the fact that Anguirel did the same thing. With the suspicions flying around now it seems possible this was early wolvish communication. The ‘usual . . . too usual’ post, though I find nothing there to be suspicious of, he is making a valid observation. More Seer discussion though it is more just worries. Agrees with spreading the votes and finds something unusual in Lhuna’s behaviour. Chirpiness and junk-filled posts his reasoning. Gripe about how because he works and had little time he is suspected. Suspects Aiwendil and Garin. Votes Gil even though it wasn’t actually necessary to save his life, and though he may not have realised this at the time is certainly is odd.

Tar-a – blather, though claims the wolves would not go near her, perhaps because she is one? Still blather though supporting lmp and Anguirel, but this may be in role. Has a little chat about the Seer and then suggests everyone be quiet about it. A little hypocritical perhaps but a good point. Disagrees with Lhuna somewhat, saying she doesn’t want a village cut in half by opinion. Thinks spawn’s summary was useless (uh oh, what will she think of this!). Can see both SPM and lmp’s point of view about Seer talk, but still believes it should be stopped. Seems to suspect spawn and says she may well vote for her. Says she now understands spawns reasons for summarising and votes Eomer as a random vote though also in case he is a wolf as she’d rather he go earlier than later.

Aiwendil – mentions both lmp and Boromir, maybe a triad? Wants serious discussion so creates a list of questions. Now, to my mind, answering these privately may be of help, but openly publicising them is probably not as the answers, especially those to the first two, would be of more help to the wolves than to the villagers, as they would tell them how NOT to act and how to find Gifted’s. I’m not sure if this is truly suspicious, it may have been an attempt to generate discussion and such things are often talked about, but it is odd. Clarifies his earlier statement about how many villagers to spread the votes over but backs off his earlier certainty, perhaps to stay in line with villagers thoughts. Again more talk about the Seer. Disagrees with SPM that Seer talk aids the wolves. Thinks lmp the most helpful of the day along with Boromir and SPM. Thinks Glirdan’s vote for Gil a ‘safe’ vote for a wolf. Says tar-a is too indecisive, testing out ideas and backing off when they are not well received, which is a fair point. Defends himself against Farael. Thinks Boromir has indeed said much but helped little, but doesn’t see him as suspicious and will likely vote tar-a. Continues to argue with Farael and wonders if he should vote tar-a since the votes are already so spread. Votes tar-a anyway.

SPM – blather but some good points such as getting everyone to talk and spreading the votes. Disagrees with Glirdan on simply lynching quiet people, which I agree with. Is the only one so far to point at both lmp and Anguirel as being opportunistic, which to me makes him look innocent, as I have been worried over those who only pointed out lmp. Answers Aiwendil’s questions but gives vague responses to the first two, again actually making me think him innocent due to my worries over these questions earlier. Likes all the talking – noo! Look at all this I have to analyse! *whimpers* Ahem. Disagrees with lmp but agrees with Ang that thinking like a wolf should not be seen as suspicious. But agrees with tar-a (and myself) that such thoughts should not be publicised for fear they will help the wolves more than the villagers. Thinks morm is behaving as usual. Thinks Glirdan innocent, believing that if he were a wolf he would not be so bold. Agrees that Seer talk should be stopped and the Gifted’s left alone – agreed, but he certainly seems to put a lot of faith in what tar-a says. Not happy with lmp and Aiwendil because they are encouraging Seer talk. We see his first suspicion of Lhuna over her vote for Glirdan. Thinks Nilp innocent. Wants to hear more from those who have been quiet or useless so far. Suspects (ish) Aiwendil, Lhuna, lmp and Celuien. Thinks Nilp, Ang and spawn innocent. Reserves judgment on others. Feels Gil and Glirdan innocent. Thinks there’s something odd about tar-a because she switched from spawn to Eomer so fast, but actually there was a post explaining that she’d dropped suspicion of spawn in between. Votes Lhuna due to her vote.

Morm – I think jokingly accuses 4 people (he did say it was random). Gil, Tar-a, Celuien and Holby, claiming two would be wolves. But really I doubt there was anything behind that. Adds Lhuna to his suspect list. Says Gil is the only one who reacted to his suspicions unusually but keeps quiet about the others. Votes Gil basically to get rid of him. Also suspects tar-a, Ang and Celuien.

Farael – blather. Mentions tar-a though I think that’s in role. Claims Aiwendil is a wolf. Some silly reasoning, as in thinks this due to a comment that said random accusations and nonsense will help the wolves is suspicious. To this I say – what? I agree with his comment about the questions being more helpful to the wolves though. Not happy about the Seer talk, but again I think the reasons unfounded. Thinks Aiwendil has been playing too safe. On that I disagree as Aiwendil puts forwards theories and those questions, which gained him a lot of attention. Votes Aiwendil for the reasons earlier stated.

Gil – berates Glirdan for his vote. Vote Glirdan and I feel it was entirely in revenge and had no real reasoning behind it.

Holby – replies to morm’s ‘accusations’ with some role related stuff. Then answers Aiwendil’s questions with tales of experience rather than conjecture, making me think her more innocent than guilty since she is relying on past data, which the wolves will already know. Explains her comment about reacting to jokes. Suspects Lhuna and tar-a, votes tar-a.

Celuien – blather. Replies to morm with more blather. Points out tar-a and Ang though I think jokingly. Keeps on with the Seer talk. Disagrees with Farael but find both him and Aiwendil innocent. Votes Gil for my reasons and now thinks tar-a innocent due to a missed quote.

Lhuna – blather but now we know also an anagram in the title proclaiming her role for anyone who could read it. Very much disagrees with Glirdan’s ‘lynch the quiet ones’ idea because she feels she would be in danger due to timezone issues. Agrees with SPM and tar-a. Thinks Aiwendil is innocent due to his question, though she doesn’t deign to answer them. Blather. Wonders if perhaps we should be wary of those who disagree with tar-a. Votes Glirdan. To explain this post of hers I believe she was saying that she had to vote and it would be random. She picked Glirdan but didn’t really think him to be a wolf.

Form – blather. Says he won’t join in as he finds Day 1’s pointless. Votes Boromir without reason due to sickness.

Nilp – starts with his little anagram. Bit of normal Nilp behaviour and then votes for Farael due to promise. Odd that he isn’t suicidal though.

Spawn – summarises the day. Since this is what I’m doing I won’t repeat it all. Mentions Glirdan’s vote and thinks it random, though perhaps influenced by past experiences. Seems to feel Aiwendil is suspicious for his questions. Thinks over the top reactions to a jokey accusation are suspicious. Has some suspicion of Celuien. Replies to tar-a explaining her (good) reasons for summarising the day. Points out that we have no Cobbler. Thinks Gil and Glirdan innocent and acting as usual. Finds Lhuna suspicious for her vote. Doesn’t find Farael, Aiwedil or tar-a suspicious, and I think I agree. Gets into Seer discussion. Votes Lhuna for previous reasons.

Eomer – blather. Pretty much answers Aiwendil’s first question with thoughts of how a wolf would act. Claims wolves will be timid, but I’m not so sure that’s the case. Facetious behaviour toward Lhuna. Repeats his assumption on the way wolves will act. Rebukes tar-a jokingly for voting for him. Thinks Glirdan innocent but has some suspicions toward Lhuna and Gil. Bit of a flip flop on Lhuna there. Thinks morm has been behaving a bit oddly. Wonders if spawn and tar-a are working together. Votes Lhuna due to her vote.

Garin – thinks those who are repeatedly quiet and useless should be lynched rather than just quiet ones in general. Ok, that’s about fair. Some blather. Wants the False Seer killed off right away, apparently having missed that whoever it is won’t know whether they are the real or false Seer. I think suspects Boromir. Leaning towards Boromir, Lhuna and Gil. Votes Boromir.

And an innocent Gil dies. Now I know this is just Day 1 but I have taken into account things we know now, though for some of this the whole thing with the anagrams and lmp has not been taken into account.

Make of this what you will. I should have time to do Day 2 and hopefully 3. You’ll have my conclusions later.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #293
Aiwendil
Late Istar

The Saucepan Man wrote:
Quote:
I find myself at a bit of a loss to know what to do now.
That makes two of us. While I wasn't certain that LMP was a wolf, he was, as I said, my chief suspect for toDAY.

I'm hoping that there's some information to be gleaned from the fact of his innocence. But for the moment, I'm quite at a loss.

Must go think.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #294
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

So am I right in thinking that I can go

--LITTLEMANPOET ?

We need an agreement among players. I think it's for the best that we discount LMP from today's votes.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #295
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
--LMP

at least I will do that and I must say that I admire the man for sticking to his convictions.

Now who looks most suspicious? I'm not sure. Garin? Eomer? Celuien keeps coming to mind to and has been abscent, if I recall, for all of Today.

This is a really odd feeling right now.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #296
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I have been keeping up with discussion, honestly. It's just that I haven't been commenting on too much of it. The more I think about it the more I realise that it looks wolvish.

Oh dear...

I'll try to give a more comprehensive post. At least that will give you all something to go on if I die today.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #297
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Well, I have tried to draw my thoughts together as best I can, given that the rather dramatic events of today have left me at bit of a loss. Blame that for my lack of firm conclusions below. If you'll pardon the expression, I was rather barking up the wrong tree for most of the day.

Farael: Farael shifted slightly from his single-minded pursuit of Aiwendil and suggested that we should lynch littlemanpoet because that might give us information about Aiwendil. I agreed that littlemanpoet should be lynched because I thought that he was a Wolf. And, if he had been a Wolf, I would have been looking at Farael as one of his conspirators. I'm not sure what Farael's suggestion to vote for lmp tells us about him, or his Aiwendil theory, now. I need to think about that some more.

Mormegil: I considered mormegil's votes earlier today. Essentially, he has been centrally involved in the lynching of two known innocents. That's suspicious, but by no means conclusive. He continues to be rather unusually quiet. I did have the feeling that, if littlemanpoet was a Wolf, mormegil was probably innocent. I will now have to go back and see if the opposite is true, as I thought it might be. Possibly one to watch for the future.

Aiwendil: As far as I can see, his only real misdemeanour is his Day 1 Seer talk. And that, as I have said, is much less of an indicator of possible guilt than it was in the past two days, since so much more has happened since then. I am not setting too much store in the fact that he suspects me, as I expected to be under suspicion for much the same reason that he outlined today. I think that he is just over-analysing and drawing the wrong conclusion and have no other real reason to suspect him at this stage.

Glirdan: I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt for now, based on his early votes. But I would like to start hearing a lot more from him. Still coming across as innocent to me, though.

Formendacil: Very quiet, but he explained why. I'm going to have to reserve judgment on him for now. Still, illness or no illness (and my sympathies, by the way), I can't keep reserving judgment on him for ever ...

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant: Has, like Farael, become rather single-minded in her pursuit of Eomer and is therefore becoming difficult to get a handle on. While I think that she has made some good points, I can also see the sense in what Eomer said in response. Until she settled on her case against Eomer, she too was merely raising suspicions without following them through.

Nilpaurion Felagund: Has not contributed today, but explained why on the village noticeboard. Whatever you may think of think of how I got there, I still think him likely to be innocent. If he's not, he will be punished ...

Eomer of the Rohirrim: I set out my thoughts on Eomer earlier. I stand by them, but he makes a fair point about spawn. And there is little else against either of them.

Kath: Her quietness was troubling me. Has now contributed with a major summary of Day 1's events (and more to follow). While that's helpful in it's way, it doesn't really tell us much about her. On the assumption that there is a quiet Wolf (not necessarily a safe assumption, admittedly), she was looking to be the obvious candidate and I think that still holds, as her summary gives us very little information on the way that she is thinking. She has voted for a known innocent, and did not vote yesterday. While I acknowledge her explanation for that, I just don't like "no-votes" since they reduce the amount of information available to work on.

Garin: Garin's early vote for Boro is a concern. My reason for thinking him likely to be innocent was that he was looking very suspicious, which is how Garin always looks. I will have to go back and look at what he has said in more detail, but I am not inclined to vote for him today.

Celuien: She was looking very suspicious to me yesterday and has said nothing today. That might be regarded as suspicious, but I can't help thinking that a Wolf would have been more involved.

Tar-Ancalime: I had been regarding her as a likely innocent because Holby voted for her and then died. Spawn makes the point that this may have alerted a Wolfish tar and her fellow fiends to Holby being the Seer. Or maybe that was to stop us looking more closely at spawn, given that Eomer had noted a possible connection between them. I still think that it would have been too risky for a Wolfish tar to kill Holby but, then again, this has actually served to take the heat off her somewhat. She has contributed today without saying too much, if you get my meaning, but that's probably understandable in the circumstances. I am not sure about tar, but I am less inclined now to regard her as a probable innocent.

Boromir88: My thoughts about Boro, as they developed today, hinged on lmp being a Wolf. They both went strongly against each other at the beginning and then backed off each other considerably. I am not sure how lmp's innocence affects this, but I am still inclined to trust Boro. His understanding of lmp's predicament speaks considerably in his favour.

To summarise, as I did yesterday:

Main suspects: None really now.

Making me nervous: Farael, mormegil, spawn, Eomer, Kath, tar-ancalime

Just don’t know: Formendacil, Garin, Celuin

Probably innocent: Aiwendil, Glirdan, Nilp, Boro

I will have to vote soon. At the moment, though, I am in a bit of a quandary.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #298
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry I haven't been around until now. I just got off work from yesterday (as mentioned on the notice board). Anyway, I have a lot to catch up on. I'll be back with a fairly lengthy post before long.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #299
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

I have to cast my vote now.

Out of those that I am feeling nervous about, no one really stands out as a likely Wolf. So I am afraid that this is a bit of a shot in the dark. Still, I have got it pretty much all wrong so far, so I think that a change in direction may be in order.

++KATH

Her vote for Gil-Galad looks suspicious to me, as does her no-vote yesterday. Also, she has given little away as to her thoughts and opinions, which I always find rather suspicious. If we don't all talk and let each other know how we are thinking, how are we to spot the Wolves as the situation develops. Expressing no strong opinions allows a Wolf to hide, and Kath has been doing that more than anyone else (with the exception of Formendacil, who I don't in all conscience feel that I can vote for today).
Old 02-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #300
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Saucepan Man: Has been comprehensive as usual; he has avoided suspicion because he appears to have the trust of the village. This could be dangerous, but I don't have many reasons to suspect him. His jumping on Spawn's case makes me wonder (because I don't think Spawn's case is nearly as good as it has been made out to be). Seems probably innocent to me.

Farael: Very bold, concentrating on one villager (Aiwendil). There's no trail if he were to die. Excellent wolf strategy. I'm not saying he's a wolf but if he is he's done a very clever thing indeed. I'm very suspicious that so many people supposed him innocent so soon after his strong attack on Aiwendil (though that included the innocent Lhunardawen).

Mormegil: He suspects me for unclear reasons. His answers to my suspicions of him (about that weird post early on Day One) did not satisfy me and I have since been distracted by Spawn to further question him. Another thing that worries me about Morm is that he mentions how suspicious the Lhuna bandwagon is. This is weird as he made it the bandwagon. Recall that Glirdan started it on Day Two, I cast the second vote (I had already voted for Lhuna on Day One), innocent Anguirel was third, and Morm was fourth. But then, would a wolf make such an apparently foolish statement?

Aiwendil: Is getting a free ride from me at the moment, because I just can't see too much merit in Farael's theory. It seems cobbled together out of very little. Aiwendil's somewhat tired response strikes me as innocent, though he could just be a very lucky wolf to be picked on in such a way. Quite loud.

Glirdan: Reasons in voting for Gil were obviously dubious. Lhuna out of spite? Seems to have some sort of understanding with Saucepan Man, anyone else notice this? Seems a bit too hither-and-thither to be a wolf. Am inclined to trust him.

More soon...
Old 02-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #301
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Formendacil: Very quiet (for obvious reasons). Reasons for voting for Boromir88 were odd. Comes across as trying to ally himself with innocent Anguirel. Not too much to go on.

Dancing Spawn: Her case against me has a fair bit of support (not at all sure why). A rash of sudden support today makes me wonder. I maintain my charge of hypocrisy in voting for me for doing things that she herself was doing. However, see below.....

.....Nilp: Nothing for me to go on. I think his voting record (Farael Day One and Anguirel Day Two) is rather strange, but not really enough to suspect him. Saw something that makes me wonder (it applies to Spawn as well). I almost wish it hadn't been said because now I'm thinking..........I'll make a separate post.

Kath: Too quiet. Best fits the description of 'too friendly'. She thanks people by name for showing support in her. She didn't vote. Almost no trail. Am inclined to agree with the villagers who say she should have voted.

Garin: All sorts of theories. Very charismatic, very hard to read. I don't think he's as suspicious as people make out. Easy target with that early vote for Boromir88, though.

Celuien: Surprises me that she's under so much suspicion. I generally find myself agreeing with her. Fits into my Farael innocence train theory but that could be far-fetched.

Tar-Ancalime: Has brilliantly avoided suspicion after she looked like an early lynchee. Random vote for me was strange. I could be getting muddled here but it seems to me like she backs away from questioning. I'll correct myself if this is unfair (as it may well be).

Boromir88: Doesn't concern me in the slightest. I'm more suspicious of the lynch Boro mob.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #302
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield I have no idea if this is the right thing to do...

Ok, so Spawn and Nilp are allied, right? If I don't vote for Spawn today then this is my reason. Make of it what you will.

Oh bother...
Old 02-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #303
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Thoughts on villagers:

LMP – I would have defended lmp, but that’s now a moot point.

Boro – backs off attack on lmp early in the DAY, then defends him briefly in 241. Suspects Aiwendil, Spawn, Eomer and Kath. Gives thought that Sauce is still alive because he hasn’t identified a wolf. Tries to keep village focused on finding wolves instead of debating cryptic clues. Says he’ll be an observer today. For trying to keep focus and for defense of lmp, I’m willing to exonerate him.

SpM – gives voting record, as usual. Suspects lmp in 227, 231, 240, 243. Says that if the wolves attacked Ang because they thought he was gifted, it may point toward Glirdy’s or my innocence (but continues to suspect me). Expresses concern over Garin’s early vote. Denies being a wolf. Also suspects Eomer for his Lhuna vote, though less than lmp. Case for Eomer built more in 250. Most of the rest from this point on the anagrams and lmp controversies. Now votes for Kath due to her non vote yesterday, keeping her thoughts under wraps, and voting for Gil. Overall, I think he’s been very insightful, and I don’t think he’s a wolf.

Aiwendil – I continue to think that he’s innocent for his continuing detailed and interesting analysis. He hasn’t really done anything that makes me think he might be a wolf.

Farael – still don’t think I can suspect him. I continue to believe that the Aiwendil/Farael duel was two squabbling innocents.

Mormegil - someone I think is most likely innocent. Has posted thoughtful analysis throughout. Suspects Eomer, Garin, and LMP, mostly lmp. Thinks about voting for your local froggie in 102, or alternatively Garin/Eomer.

Glirdan – feels innocent to me. Expresses confusion over lmp’s suicidal vote, then votes for him, giving the reason that he wanted to help lmp get out of the game if that’s what he wanted. Says he may forego his vote today. That seems odd, but I’ll excuse it on the basis that this has been a very confusing day. We’ll see.

Tar-Ancalime – suspects lmp early. Defends Aiwendil and somewhat suspects Farael. Suspects Garin. Wants to watch Eomer and Spawn as well. Suggests getting rid of people who muddy things. Comments on Nilp and SpM hints. Doesn’t want to make a quick, unexamined vote. Doesn’t strike me as particularly wolvish.

Nilpaurion Felagund – not here yet toDAY. I didn’t suspect him before. Am willing to go with SpM’s analysis (I didn’t spot the anagrams before myself) for now and continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Formendacil – says he’s not feeling well and too muddled as a result to figure out what is going on. That’s about it. I don’t get a real idea of innocence or guilt.

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant – suspects Eomer. Gives a pretty detailed, reasonable argument. Doesn’t look that suspicious to me.

Eomer of the Rohirrim – resents spawn’s suspicions and gives a sarcastic reply. Presents a case against spawn Believes lmp is a wolf, then votes for him after lmp’s request. Doesn’t suspect SpM, but accuses him of ‘channeling’ his suspect spawn’s thoughts. I can see why he looks suspicious, but there’s not really enough for me to go on to vote for him. Will watch.

Kath – hasn’t been around too much. Calls Garin on his request for Formendacil to vote (discussed below) – something that I think points to her innocence. Though I can’t totally go one way or the other on her. At any rate, I’m not willing to attack someone just for not being around frequently for obvious reasons.

Garin – continues to make me very, very uneasy today due to 1) early vote for Boro 2) a lot of defensiveness that didn’t really seem warranted given the large anti-lmp sentiment that held sway at the moment 3) asking Formendacil to hurry and vote – just seems like poor advice unless you’re trying to generate randomness and confusion and 4) I just generally have an odd feeling about him. I don’t know.

Actually, I do know. I’m going to stick with my vote from yesterday and say

++GARIN

He makes me far too uneasy, far more than anyone else so far.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #304
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Good grief!

Two hours in Emergency, an IV unit, a 12 hour sleep, and breakfast later... and the village has been up to this?

Okay, so people find me quiet... Whatever. As SPM has noted, I base my strategy on knowledge of past games, and the last several have all borne that accusation against me. I don't care. You try being sick (and it turns out it's a flu, not strep...) and see how well YOU play when you're dehydrated.

Anyway, a little self-righteous ranting over, I'm staring a deadline two hours away and no one in the village seems suspicious to me. SPM, Boromir, and Eomer seem to be playing on par. Morm is quieter than usual, but not raising any warnings. Everyone seems to be playing on par- and Innocent! Even yesterday's suspicions of Aiwendil have gone down, although that could just be him quieting down about me...

Well, I'll be back in a while to try and think my way through all this...
Old 02-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #305
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Eomer

He now seems the most wolfish to me though the way I have voted in the past probably means he's a mere innocent. I should just learn to vote for those whom I find least suspicious.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #306
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Ok, so Spawn and Nilp are allied, right? If I don't vote for Spawn today then this is my reason.
No. And you may vote for me if you think that I'm a wolf. However, you may not vote for me if you think that I'm an innocent hypocrite.

Quote:
#41- Big long list of what's happened so far. Mildly suspects Celuien. *Spawn suspected Eomer on basis of his mild suspicion*

#57- Midly suspects Lhuna. *Spawn suspected Eomer on basis of his mild suspicion*

#85- Thinks there are good points against Aiwendil and tar-ancalime....but they don't look very suspicious. *Spawn suspected Eomer on basis of his mild suspicion and then taking it back*
Note the word 'very' suspicious. There's a difference between suspicious and very suspicious. The latter usually gets my vote, you see.

Quote:
#94 (and #41)- She puts on the helpful villager cloak, expresses her disdain for all the Seer talk, and urges her fellows to find the wolves. *Spawn suspected Eomer for appearing helpful*

-She votes for Lhuna. (Funnily enough, like Eomer.)

#177- Mildly suspects Glirdan. *Spawn suspected Eomer on basis of his mild suspicion.
No, I didn't suspect Glirdan. I said: "I'm not holding anything against you (yet), but it would be nice if you stood behind your actions."
I actually continued collecting suspicious things about Aiwendil: "...that question doesn't speak for Aiwendil's favour."

Quote:
#179- Laments the wasted Seer talk. Let's find wolves= be helpful! *Spawn suspected Eomer for appearing helpful*
Can you give me a quote? I can't see me lamenting anything in that post.

Quote:
-Begins suspicion of Eomer.
I'm shocked. You forgot my post #165 - Mildly suspects tar-a and Lhuna. (Although, as I said in my post #264, I'm still worried of tar-a because I think you two might be wolves.)

Quote:
That's pretty much what her game was up until she began to suspect me. It is quite funny how similarly we were playing, Spawn. Now, and here's the important bit, there's nothing suspicious in what Spawn did there! Her very strong attack on me for doing something very similar to what she was doing is positively laced with hypocrisy.
I'm afraid that you've misunderstood something in my theory, my good priest.
1) I said that I don't hold your vote for Lhuna on Day 1 against you, so you can forget calling me a hypocrite because of that.
2) Mild suspicion or helpfulness in itself isn't wolvish, it's the big picture that matters; what words people choose to use, how much they talk and, are they acting defensive etc.

What can I say, I think that you're a wolf. As to my "very strong attack", if I accuse someone for furry business, I think it's only fair to give enough reasons why. My conclusion was: "Right now Eomer's looking somewhat questionable to me." Well, after this little debate with you, I stick to my opinion.

ToDay I had to, seemingly quite persistently, too, concentrate on replying Eomer's answers to me because of my lack of time. If you don't lynch me toDay and if the wolves won't kill me next Night, you can expect better examination of the whole situation in this village tomorrow.

My time's up.

++Eomer
Old 02-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #307
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

What? SPM? You ask me to talk more so I do, and while I don't wish to get overly defensive I put my own opinions in all through that summary.

In answer to SPM and Eomer's worries over my no vote though I would like to ask you a question. Would you rather that I came in at the end of Day 2 and made a snap decision on a vote (something which SMP at least has already said is a bad thing) or that I analysed what I had seen of Lhuna, deemed her innocent and decided not to vote as any that I made would have been random and of no use to anyone the next Day?
Old 02-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #308
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Kath, don't tell me you didn't have any suspicions at the end of Day Two.

Spawn, another response:

First of all, that whole 'lament' quote was wrong and I have no idea where I got it from. Apologies for that.

Anyway, if you didn't exactly suspect Glirdan you did murmur against him. I did not call you a hypocrite for anything regarding Lhuna because I know fine well you didn't use my Lhuna vote against me. So I'm not calling you a hypocrite because of that; I'm calling you a hypocrite because of the other stuff. And I do know that the big picture matters: that's why we were embroiled in discussion over the 'essence' of your theory—which is totally wrong.

I just don't see how your case against me can have support. I have good answers for every single thing you have said against me.

(Incidentally, I know I said I might not be on later today, but the computer was freed up.)
Old 02-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #309
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Kath, don't tell me you didn't have any suspicions at the end of Day Two.
Eomer, I had no suspicions at the end of Day 2. I hadn't been there all day, had barely skimmed through the posts made and only had time to really look at Lhuna.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #310
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Helping people move is awesome. I no longer have a spinal chord, no one told me it was a two story apartment.

I don't understand the uprise against the subliminal messages that people send out because they can easily used for deceit. I thought every one going into Werewolf knew of the intricacies of the game. I'm not into this puzzle crap but I managed to begin many posts with an "I", guess what that stands for.

littlemanpoet it is but a vague communication and can actually serve as a weapon against wolves.

The game of Werewolf is the most conniving and unsettling game I know of and that is why I love it so.....

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:59 PM   #311
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Just for Clarification.

Working from the assumption that things may or may not be perfectly clear I'm going to clarify a few points for everyone.

>Point 1: Littlemanpoet will die at the end of this DAY, regardless of how the voting stands.

>Point 2: Because of Point 1 votes for LMP have basically been nullified, therefore anyone who has already voted for LMP is allowed to retract or completely ignore their vote and vote again.

>Point 3: Ignoring the votes for LMP whoever has the most votes at the end of the DAY will also by lynched. (So it'll work as if LMP was already dead in the game)

>Point 4: Just to make things simpler for everyone the voting (ignoring lmp votes) now stands at:

1 vote for Boromir (made by Garin)
1 vote for Kath (made by SPM)
1 vote for Garin (made by Celuien)
2 votes for Eomer (made by Mormegil and Dancing Spawn)

I hope it helps.

Last edited by Shelob; 02-25-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Shelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #312
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Kath, you were here on Day One. Didn't anyone at all make you think 'Hmm....'

(I know I'm setting myself up for this one. )
Old 02-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #313
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
An hour later, and my brain has no more found a suitable person to vote for than my waterbottle has ceased to pour water down my throat... It looks like I may have to go with yesterday's choice, and vote Aiwendil.

Note to Garin: If I may give a little friendly advice, 'tis pasttimes to be talking about LMP and the whole "Secret Messages" topic. It's been resolved. Talking about it is just useless, distracting noise.

Of course, if you're a wolf, that's probably WHY you're bringing it up again.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #314
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well I wasn't here a great deal of Day 1 either Eomer, which is why I went with Gil as a vote. That's why I did that great long analysis of Day 1, with the knowledge we have now in mind to try and gain some information from it.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #315
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Sorry all... I haven't got the stamina for this computer chair any longer, nor do my eyes want to watch this screen...

++ Aiwendil

Not as guilty-seeming as yesterday, but I thought I had good reasons then, and since I have no other choices...
Old 02-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #316
Aiwendil
Late Istar

A few thoughts on those who look like lynch candidates for toDAY:

Boromir - Never understood the strong suspicion of him. If he's a wolf, I'll be kicking myself pretty hard, but for the moment I'm inclined to think him innocent.

Kath - I don't blame her for her failure to vote yesterDAY. I can understand not wanting to cast a more or less random vote, and I don't think that Eomer is right that she should simply have voted for anyone who worried her slightly. Still, I think she's been doing a good job (up until toDAY, perhaps) of "flying under the radar". Somewhat suspicious.

Garin - Earlier, I said that my two main suspects toDAY were Garin and LMP. Well, obviously I was wrong about one of them, which does shake my confidence in the rest of my analyses. But Garin continues to look wolvish to me. In particular, it occurs to me that his stubborn attacks on Boromir would be a nice way for a wolf to avoid the "flip flop" accusation. He's a top suspect and will likely get my vote toDAY.

Eomer - I can see how he could be a wolf. Reading through his posts up to yesterDAY, he indeed looks fairly suspicious to me. But, to be honest, his defense toDAY comes across, to me at least, as that of an innocent. Yes, he's gotten a bit "shrill" (to use his own word). Let me remind you that LMP got shrill as well. It seems to me that a wolf would make more of a conscious effort not to come across as shrill and over-defensive. A wolf would look fairer and feel fouler, so to speak.

Formendacil - No votes for him yet, but I consider him here because he was one of my top suspects yesterDAY. I'm sorry to hear that he's feeling ill. More relevantly, I certainly don't think he'd make up a story about having the flu. So in my mind his relative silence is excused. There are still a few points that concern me here, but for now I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

All right - I may not make it back before the deadline, so I must vote. Garin looks the most suspicious to me right now (and indeed, he's the only person who has, from DAY 1, seemed consistently suspicious to me). I said we needed to lynch a wolf toDAY, and I think Garin's our best bet.

++Garin
Old 02-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #317
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Leaf

Quote:
Form says Note to Garin: If I may give a little friendly advice, 'tis pasttimes to be talking about LMP and the whole "Secret Messages" topic. It's been resolved. Talking about it is just useless, distracting noise.
I had just returned home from helping someone move and the despondent tone of LmP concerned me a great deal. It occurs to me that many of you are young and dejected. I just wanted to extend a helping hand to someone who seemed awfully dejected. My compassion is what condemns me when i am a wolf.

Edit: I must add that I am not a wolf today and that anyone who votes for me is a moron.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Last edited by Garin; 02-25-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #318
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

"I see" laughed Eomer. "I look foul and feel fair. Is that it?"

My problem here, Aiwendil, is that, once upon a time, an ancestor of mine gave one of the shrillest defences ever heard of; and he turned out to be guilty.

Another problem I have is that my family tree is positively filled to the brim with guilty men. So I always look suspicious.

It's ridiculously exciting to keep watching until the deadline, knowing that you could be lynched and hoping to avoid it. I'm not going anywhere tonight.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #319
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm sorry if I am appearing agitated but for some reason I was trying to watch "Napoleon Dynamite" again to see why anyone liked it and it just makes me furious at how bad and unfunny it is.... there.... I said it. I will now take a nice walk, far from that crappy movie.

It is racist also.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #320
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Let me weight in on the Formendacil's illness. While I feel bad if he really is feeling ill, merely posting this does not make it so. Any sort of story or falsehood can and is propogated here. It has been well established to post such reasons on the town board, and that being sacred ground, lies cannot be told there. Now I don't think we ought to suspect him for this, however it is something to remember that he is not innocent because he is sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
Eomer - I can see how he could be a wolf. Reading through his posts up to yesterDAY, he indeed looks fairly suspicious to me. But, to be honest, his defense toDAY comes across, to me at least, as that of an innocent. Yes, he's gotten a bit "shrill" (to use his own word). Let me remind you that LMP got shrill as well. It seems to me that a wolf would make more of a conscious effort not to come across as shrill and over-defensive. A wolf would look fairer and feel fouler, so to speak.
Ah, yes but this is no ordinary villager, he would kill his friends and family in order for his own survival. He's more cunning than most I've encountered and never to be taken lightly no matter how the post is written.