The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #401
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

If Mith was going to be killed then forgive my bluntness but it didn't really matter too much to the village unless she was the Seer. I told her that, if she was the Seer, don't fret too much, stop being so darn suspicious, and get one more night (because the Ranger would surely protect her) and then we'd still have some use of her info.

The way it turned out, she just confused matters. She wasn't the Seer so why does it matter too much that we lynch her instead of yet another innocent?

So that's all I was doing in my 'wink wink' communication with Mith yesterday.

And why was she so convinced about Shasta?
Old 05-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #402
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"However, refusal to share thoughts isn't generally the greatest way to help innocents." ~ Shasta in #291.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Persons of Interest (re: possible fairytale characters gone wrong)

Aganzir: I think she's still mad at me for last game. Also, her comment about Lommy in her first post today rang a bell for me. It was a nice, shiny bell. A "For Whom The Bell Tolls" type bell.

Gwath: Given that I voted Boro yesterday to be consistent... no, you're not allowed to call me a hypocrite! That was yesterday! This is today! And I feel like he stole my reason from yesterday to hide that his vote is bandwagon-worthy.

Nerwen: I really, really, really think she's innocent. Obviously this means she is evil and should be lynched ASAP, according to my performance last game. Faulty wiring in the head, and mist in the crystal ball, I'm telling you.

Fea: She's under my radar. She's NEVER under my radar. What's going on?!

McCaber: Under my radar (as usual). I want to lynch him (as usual). However, I'm going to push past my prejudice (as usual) and vote someone else (as usual).
I don't see Mith here.

#299 he votes and miscounts the vote tally. I suppose you wanted to keep your vote amongst those already voted for. But why not Fea whom was on your "possible fairytale characters gone wrong" list? Or why not vote for someone you actually found suspicious?

As well given what you said to Gaurcrist in #291. Where are your reasons for voting Mith? You gave reasons why you wouldn't vote for Boro and Eomer.

X'd since my last post.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #403
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
But– are you saying you noticed that at the time, phantom? I didn't.
I can't remember precisely when I spotted it. She made that statement before I showed up and with less than 30 minutes left I was frantically trying to get caught up as well as keep up with current happenings. I think I had noticed it when I made my post at 22 minutes till, in which I told Boro "Maybe Mith knows something about herself but cannot say anything about it", which showed that I was leaning towards her being a Goodie under orders not to reveal.

As I said earlier, taken by itself I might have mounted a stronger effort to save her, but her other statements confused me. Such as-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Well I know I can't trust you at all Boromir. Not one single word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
No, I don't think I know you at all.
I was thinking to myself, "Only the Seer could 'know' she can't trust someone. Is that what she's claiming? But then she might as well reveal if that's what she means." Due to the fact that her words were inconsistent with any role I could think of, I didn't go all out into Mith-saving mode. It's a shame RL intruded the way it did. Things could very well have turned out much better.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #404
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

As for my "throwaway" vote, I already explained that I couldn't decide between Boro and Mith. Izzy was only there because people reasoned like me and volunteered her name. They got in early so they can avoid accusations of being "throwaway". Thing is, I had wanted to vote for Shasta just about all day but held my vote to follow discussion. I still find it curious that no-one else voted for him (I think no-one else did?).

I couldn't make any conclusions on the three names offered to me so stuck with my own choice. You're welcome to see that as suspicious but I'll have to disagree.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #405
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

And Nerwen, I really miss your odds! I was wanting to place some bets today.

How do these sound?

20-1: We lynch an Ordo.
24-1: There won't be a last minute voting flurry.
1-1: We lynch a Baddie.
9-1: Three people or more retract their votes.
5-1: Shasta puts on another "Phantom show".
24-1: These odds I'm giving are actually a coded message.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #406
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And Nerwen, I really miss your odds! I was wanting to place some bets today.
Sorry... got caught up in picking on the new kid.

Okay, how about

Everybody ends up voting for the same person (20-1).

We lynch another gifted/special role (2-1).

Shasta is Rumpelstiltskin (50-1).
Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #407
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh dear. Where are Nilp and Sally when you need a previous Days vote rundown.

YesterDay's voting.

Lari -> Boro. 458pm EST.

Quote:
Voting early again because I won't have internet access again for awhile and am sleepy.

++Boro

I don't like the way he sounds as of right now.

Gaur -> Boro. 514pm EST.

Quote:
In my opinion, there are two people who are acting quite strange, ever since the beginning. There are A Little Green and Boromir. I have one of those feelings in my gut about Boro, and he seems to be the most suspicious. Plus, I don't like his avatar. So, I will heed the teachings of Ocham's razor and choose Boromir.

++Boromir88

Kath -> Eomer. 645pm EST.

Quote:
Hi sorry I seem to have run out of time completely this evening! I'm going to have to just vote. From the look at Lommy's posts from yesterDay the one person that popped out as potentially suspicious to me was:

++EOMER

I do find him suspicious so although I would have liked to go through the rest of the posts in more detail I am happy with this vote.

Mira -> Fea. 729pm EST.

Quote:
++Fea

For the reason I cited earlier. Love you dear!
Quote:
Fea - Nobody's said that Fea looks suspicious yet. That generally means that she's evil. It's always when no one thinks she's suspicious that she's really evil and ends up fooling us all right until the end.

Boro -> Mith. 812pm EST.

Sally -> Eomer. 1105pm EST.

Quote:
Eomer, Agan, and maybe Mith are still giving me bad vibes. Alas, I can't talk too long because the laptop battery's not going to last forever, but let's just say the tone of his posts seems rather wolf-ish to me. If I die for not having time to explain, so be it, but I will vote how I feel, and that is....

Gwath -> Boro. 145am EST.

Quote:
On a second thought, there's no way I'll be up in time to vote, sooo I'll stick with yesterDay's vote, for the sake of consistency.

++Boromir88

Izzy -> Mith. 448am EST.

Quote:
++Mith
For reasons stated in the previous post. I find the majority of her post content lacking. Banter. Spam.

Shasta -> Mith. 648am EST.

Zil -> Kath. 753am EST.

Quote:
I see some nice discussion has taken place while I slept.
My tentative good feeling about Boro doesn't seem to be shared much. I find that interesting, coming from those who know him better.
Mith.... now inferring the village won't have a chance without her? And Shasta gave his vote for her as well.
I'm inclined to do the same, but Kath....
The deadline will be here about the time I'm arriving at work, so I'm going with

Nerwen -> Izzy. 841am EST.

Quote:
For the moment–

++Izzy.

Because of what I said earlier... which I admit is pretty thin grounds for voting someone... but I can't work out what's going on with Mith and Boro, and I don't see Eomer as particularly vote-worthy.

I may still retract and vote one of the favourites. Depends on what happens between now and DL
This post? #308

Agan -> Izzy. 845am EST.

Quote:
++Izzy

I'd rather Boro or Mith didn't die today... But I'm here and can retract if that is for some reason needed.

Mith -> Izzy. 852am EST.

Phantom -> Izzy. 858am EST.

Quote:
I'm way too tired for this.

++Izzy

Greenie -> Mith. 859am EST.

Quote:
++ Mithalwen

Because I suspect her more than Boro or Izzy.

Eomer -> Shasta. 859am EST.

Quote:
++SHASTA

Sorry, I just can't decide.

Caber -> Mith. 900am EST.

Quote:
Well then. 5 of us left, and still no real answers. I'm in the same boat as Greenie here. None of these are a real choice for me.

++Mith

X'd since my last post, and left out Caber's vote.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #408
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Boro and sally, eh? I never would have guessed that. That being said, I'm going to go through their posts and look for hints. Then I'll start a suspicion list.

Oh, and Lari has food poisoning (we think) and won't be around.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #409
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Oh, and Lari has food poisoning (we think) and won't be around.
Well, that settles it. If Lari's going to die in RL anyway we might as well kill her off in the game too.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #410
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Actually, though, you could still be LRC and have been turned last Night. Hmmn. I hadn't thought of that until just then.
Where did that come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
She wasn't the Seer so why does it matter too much that we lynch her instead of yet another innocent?
How come you're so certain about Izzy's innocence?

Anyway I'm going to sleep now. I'll pop in to vote in the morning but I doubt I'm going to post much. Sorry this is just a busy day.

And as for voting, I really feel like going for someone with few posts because there are too many of them and I don't want yet another quiet wolf victory.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-23-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: xed with phantom
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #411
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Well, that settles it. If Lari's going to die in RL anyway we might as well kill her off in the game too.
You're so aweful, haha.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #412
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Hee hee... I made sure and asked Mira how bad it was before I made my comment.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #413
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So that did not go nearly as well as I had hoped, mostly due to a severe lack of posts on sally's part. This is what I did find, however:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I really don't think Boro's guilty, just frustrated. So killing him seems, at least to me, a bad plan. Certainly not the most lovely idea I've ever heard.
Then in 278 she lists him as "Not Bad."

That was probably one of the most pathetic cases I have ever made. And we all know how pathetic some of my cases have been.

I'm off to check my laundry and then I'll be back to make a case against...someone.

EDIT: And yes, phantom did check before he made the comment. Just in case you didn't trust him for some reason.

Last edited by Mirandir; 05-23-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: xed with phantom
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #414
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
How come you're so certain about Izzy's innocence?
Hrm, hoom; if I was paranoid I'd be screaming at you twisting my words, Agan.

When I say "Why would it matter if we killed Mith rather than any other innocent", I refer not to Izzy or any particular villager.

It is a general rule, I believe, that no innocent should cause too much trouble if seeming in danger of being lynched. The way Mithalwen was carrying on yesterday, when she didn't have too many votes and nothing was decided, suggested that it was really, really bad that she might die. This is only true if she's the Seer. Obviously she wasn't, so I don't see why there was such a drama yesterday.

I am talking about Mithalwen's behaviour, early on in the day; you took my words out of context, and applied them to the end of the day, when Izzy was suddenly a genuine lynching candidate.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #415
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

And really, all this explaining myself is putting me on a very public pedestal so I'd rather do something constructive, if that's ok.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #416
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ha! It's you, isn't it phantom? I know it. It's probably still worth lynching Shasta too, mind.

Call it seeing what you want to see, but why, oh why, would Boromir be killed? Trouble-maker? Likely to rouse suspicion upon his own self? Quite like Lommy actually.

You're taking down those who would stand up to you.

Crude, I know. There are more subtle ways to put forth one's suspicion, but oh well. Anyone else getting this feeling?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #417
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
I still have some misgivings about Kath, but as no one else seems to feel the same way, perhaps I'm simply wrong (it has happened on occasion).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I don't know why but this comment bothers me. If you suspect her, point out why instead of just saying you have some vague misgivings about her. At the moment it looks like you're just testing the ice to see if anyone else could start suspecting Kath, and when not, you back off immediately.
Well, I thought I gave a reason why here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
Kath has been calmly dropping in from time to time, offering a few perfectly legitimate observations, than quietly disappearing. She has set her vote for Eomer, who I haven't gotten much from, and offered no good reason for doing so.
Her rationale for voting for Eomer just didn't ring true to me, and it bothered me how early in the Day she had voted. In fact , I don't recall her showing up again that Day. That, coupled with her unobtrusivness made me suspicious. The background lurkers seem to make people uneasy, and I can now see why.
And if I appeared to be "backing down" on that, I am not. Until I see something to allay my fears I'll continue to keep her in mind.
Mith was my other choice. I was pressed for time and had to make a quick decision. I was wavering until the last minute, but chose Kath based primarily on the fact that Mith was there and obviously not trying to hide in the shadows.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #418
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
You're taking down those who would stand up to you.
What does it matter who stands up to me if the Seer is still alive? We could have a village full of timid little mice, but if the Seer outs me I'm toast just the same. The Seer is approximately 274 times more dangerous than loud-mouths. Saying that I kill people based on whether they "stand up to me" is an insult to my common sense.

In my last game as a Wolf Shasta, Nerwen, Kath, and Durelin were alive the last day. The game before that I left Kuru and Ang alive till the end. The game before that I left the flippin Barrow-Wight alive till the end! No, no, Eomer... I don't mind loud independent folks at all. I am not frightened of people- I am frightened of the roles they have.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #419
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

And this is a game where I hope the Seer has dreamed about you.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #420
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

Gaurcrist has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Look... you just can't vote people on grounds like that. It's a good way to get yourself lynched.
Lynch me then.
Gaurcrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #421
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
What does it matter who stands up to me if the Seer is still alive? We could have a village full of timid little mice, but if the Seer outs me I'm toast just the same. The Seer is approximately 274 times more dangerous than loud-mouths. Saying that I kill people based on whether they "stand up to me" is an insult to my common sense.
I don't quite see why you would worry about the Seer unless you have something to hide.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #422
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Oh, almost forgot to ask- Shasta...

Yesterday you miscounted the vote, and gave Mith only one vote when she actually had two.

Was that because you are Hansel and had used your power to make Boro's vote not count and thus when you counted you knew his wasn't real?
Nope. When I voted, I was going by Izzy's vote count in #285, and I completely missed that Izzy herself had voted Mith after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
I'd also like to see more of Fea, Shasta, and Gwath.
People always want to see more of me. It's my stunning good looks.

Regarding Gaurcrist: The way he's going after Phantom specifically to the exclusion of all else, because of his playing style... hmm... who does that remind me of? Someone charming, handsome, and psychic, but I can't put a name to him... I'll have to think.

Quote:
Agan, I said that I thought Mith was giving out Seer-hints - not that I believed her in any way.
What was the point in pointing that out then? Simply saying "Mith is giving out Seer-hints" is hardly helpful to the village regardless of whether you believe her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I'm still flip-flopping on Greenie. The way she flip-flopped on Cab & Shasta looked innocent but her posting near the deadline & her vote looked somehow... too calculating.
Agan, this is the second time you've said this and I'm no less confused than the first time. Since when is flip-flopping an innocent tell? Especially since I know I've seen you make cases on Lommy based on "flip-flopping".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I thought it best to inform you that I read that as "waits for Shasta to grow up".
Sniff. No one's ever mean to Phantom when he acts like this.

Nerwen, I agree with everything you said regarding Gaurcrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I don't see Mith here.

#299 he votes and miscounts the vote tally. I suppose you wanted to keep your vote amongst those already voted for. But why not Fea whom was on your "possible fairytale characters gone wrong" list? Or why not vote for someone you actually found suspicious?

As well given what you said to Gaurcrist in #291. Where are your reasons for voting Mith? You gave reasons why you wouldn't vote for Boro and Eomer.
I wanted to keep my vote among those already voted for, and for some reason, given something I'd read (I don't remember exactly what it was) I was under the impression that Fea was having RL issues.

Quote:
Ha! It's you, isn't it phantom? I know it. It's probably still worth lynching Shasta too, mind.
Just because you don't want to waste a kill on me at night, Eomer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
In my last game as a Wolf Shasta, Nerwen, Kath, and Durelin were alive the last day.
Don't remind me of that travesty, Phantom, please.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #423
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I don't quite see why you would worry about the Seer unless you have something to hide.
I was answering the question from the perspective of a Werewolf, Inzil, showing that the logical behavior did not match up with what actually happened.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #424
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I was answering the question from the perspective of a Werewolf, Inzil, showing that the logical behavior did not match up with what actually happened.
Ahh. Right over my head.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #425
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Nope. When I voted, I was going by Izzy's vote count in #285, and I completely missed that Izzy herself had voted Mith after that.
Rats. There goes that theory.
Quote:
hmm... who does that remind me of?
Hee hee... It's on the tip of my tongue.
Quote:
Sniff. No one's ever mean to Phantom when he acts like this.
Ha ha! Yeah right.
Quote:
And this is a game where I hope the Seer has dreamed about you.
I'm usually the first to shout, "You know I've been dreamed of already, so leave me alone!" but I'm not going to say it this time. I've been paying attention to posts as much as I can, and thus far I haven't gotten the feeling that I've been a dream target. The people who are my leading candidates for Seer haven't indicated it, anyway. But perhaps Seer is just laying low.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #426
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
What was the point in pointing that out then? Simply saying "Mith is giving out Seer-hints" is hardly helpful to the village regardless of whether you believe her.
Er, what are you talking about it? I was speaking with Aganzir about why I didn't save Mith, and now you're jumping in and saying I'm not helpful. It's perfectly helpful because I'm explaining my vote and suspicions.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #427
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. I'll be back to help lynch Shasta in the morning.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #428
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
My point is, Eomer, that I can't see why an innocent would bring into the open any Seer-hints he saw. Sorry for not clarifying.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #429
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Case against Fea starting Day 2

#203 Complains about Nienna's death.

#231 Wonders if Lommy was the safe kill/if was part of a lover pair

[QUOTE=Feanor of the Peredhil;597442]I mean, the seer is obviously a major target, but in this game, with so many roles, I'd be hard pressed to figure out as a wolf who I'd kill first, and that's sad since my typical playing strategy is to think "What would the wolves do?"[QUOTE]

Now this statement seems innocent enough. However, nothing that seems innocent with Fea ever is unless she's a baddie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
My gut says to lynch people I regularly interact with early, that way I don't have to try to psychoanalyze them later when it's more important that we get things right. It always saddens me to think I've got somebody's character nailed and then find out they've been murdering my team mates in my sleep.
Earlier she complained about Nienna being killed so early on. That would lead me to believe that she was on Nienna's team (of being an ordo). However, Fea is generally not that obvious with a role hint.

And then she slept through deadline and has failed to post since. Normally I'd consider that suspicious, but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt purely because of serious RL issues.

Of course, this entire theory is based purely on previous games that I've played/observed with her more than her actions in this game. However, that being said, I'd still consider her suspicious.

It's also shower/sleep/fold laundry time for Mira, so I'm just going to vote now.

++Fea
Old 05-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #430
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Again.
Why didn't you vote for someone whom you found suspicious Shasta?

Unless I am mistaken, your post #292 was about those who you found to be possible baddies. At the time of your vote, the only one whom was on your list and on the block was Fea.

None of the others on the block, were on your list. (pointing out the obvious from the previous sentence.)

Keeping your vote amongst those already on the block, is well and good - if you actually suspect them. But voting for someone whom you haven't posted thoughts about - speaks to the case that you are just jumping on a wagon, and there for up to no good.

At this point. I think it highly likely that either you are a sloppy baddie, or the Cobbler. Though there is a little chance that you are an Ordo, who is not much paying attention.

X'd with Shasta and Mira.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #431
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Izzy, I already stated that my reason for not voting Fea was because she was having RL issues. My vote for Mith was based on my having better reasons to not vote for Boro, Eomer, and Fea than I had reasons not to vote Mith.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #432
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Uh huh.
I smell something, and it is neither pleasant nor appropriate to say it specifically.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #433
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurcrist View Post
Lynch me then.
Nice, Gaurcrist! Ha ha.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #434
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I think phantom is speaking theoretically; feel free to correct me I'm wrong, Mr. P.

[EDIT: I notice that tp said basically this later on. I apologize for being redundant.]

But, who says Boro and Lommy weren't seer candidates in the eyes of the wolves?

Last edited by Gwathagor; 05-23-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #435
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
My point is, Eomer, that I can't see why an innocent would bring into the open any Seer-hints he saw. Sorry for not clarifying.
I agree with you here, Shasta. Why would an innocent want to bring the identity of the Seer to the attention of the village and consequently the wolves as well? On the other hand, why would a wolf bother when it could just PM its fellows that Night? Pointing out possible innocent gifteds is cobbler behavior, and it's what made me suspicious of Boro a couple of days ago (I was wrong about him, of course).
Old 05-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #436
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

[quote=Mirandir;597852]#203 Complains about Nienna's death.

#231 Wonders if Lommy was the safe kill/if was part of a lover pair

[quote=Feanor of the Peredhil;597442]I mean, the seer is obviously a major target, but in this game, with so many roles, I'd be hard pressed to figure out as a wolf who I'd kill first, and that's sad since my typical playing strategy is to think "What would the wolves do?"
Quote:

Now this statement seems innocent enough. However, nothing that seems innocent with Fea ever is unless she's a baddie.

Earlier she complained about Nienna being killed so early on. That would lead me to believe that she was on Nienna's team (of being an ordo). However, Fea is generally not that obvious with a role hint.

And then she slept through deadline and has failed to post since. Normally I'd consider that suspicious, but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt purely because of serious RL issues.

Of course, this entire theory is based purely on previous games that I've played/observed with her more than her actions in this game. However, that being said, I'd still consider her suspicious.

It's also shower/sleep/fold laundry time for Mira, so I'm just going to vote now.

++Fea
So, to sum up, your case against Fea is that she appeared to imply her own innocence? Or is there anything else?
Old 05-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #437
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Eomer- I don't think you ever answered the question I asked at the beginning of the day. Are you the RB?

Also, if you get the chance, Green, could you explain your Mith vote to me? I have written down that you said you didn't like any of the available candidates (you named Mith, Boro, and Eomer) but then you voted for Mith even though Izzy was available as an option, and you had not listed her as a bad lynch choice, where as you had mentioned Mith.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #438
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Gwath: I think Mira's just being lazy. She's gotta make a case against somebody, and it's always easy to make a case against me: I'm me; plus I've been busy, so I haven't posted so much that analyzing me is time consuming. She's all busy and needs a scapegoat, methinks.

That being said, if people want to not vote for me for whatever reason, I won't beg them please, oh pretty please, lynch me, lynch me.

And that being said, why should we be lynching Gaurcrist then (his words, not mine). I think I missed something with some interaction or another...

And does lynching constitute meanness? Or does he get a free ride regardless of contribution just because the phantom can be overbearing?

This time I swear I'll be up before deadline (I'm taking Lari's shift, so I'm guaranteed to be up in time to read, analyze, and vote).

But until then... I just got home (caught up, posting now) and need sleep so that I can be the Spectacular Room-mate of Awesomeness and go get Lari from an airport two hours away (you know, after working a six hour shift for her). Oooh boy does that girl owe me.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #439
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Boots

Quote:
That being said, if people want to not vote for me for whatever reason, I won't beg them please, oh pretty please, lynch me, lynch me.
So do you or don't you want to be lynched now?

Quote:
And that being said, why should we be lynching Gaurcrist then (his words, not mine). I think I missed something with some interaction or another...
Gaurcrist's response to a comment by Nerwen directed at him in # 400 was
Quote:
Lynch me then.
, which I thought was actually pretty funny.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #440
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
When I say "Why would it matter if we killed Mith rather than any other innocent", I refer not to Izzy or any particular villager.
Not twisting - paraphrasing.
It sort of looked like you slipped Izzy is innocent or something. And no, I didn't see you were talking about the beginning of the day. If there was something that indicated so, point it out, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I don't recall her showing up again that Day. That, coupled with her unobtrusivness made me suspicious.
Usually if people don't show up, it's for real life reasons. And well in my opinion Kath is not as much of a background lurker than some people who might have more posts than her (say, Mira & Gwath).
Yes you did give your reasons there, but they were more like describing what Kath's been doing and raising a single single thing that looked weird to you.
And as for keeping her in mind, that comment looked pretty opportunistic. Like, "I'll keep her in mind and start suspecting her again if someone else does, too, but if not well then I just forget about her!"
If Eomer is evil Zil might be worth a closer look.

Quote:
Agan, this is the second time you've said this and I'm no less confused than the first time. Since when is flip-flopping an innocent tell? Especially since I know I've seen you make cases on Lommy based on "flip-flopping".
Well not flip-flopping itself but the way she did it. If she's a wolf, I would imagine it's more useful for her to continue pursuing you and Cab.
And you know, my cases against Lommy are a matter of their own, in those I use her every single word against her.

I agree with Gwath about Mira's case. She basically went through what Fea has said done, reached no conclusion and said she's still suspicious of Fea.

I must think about my vote...

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-23-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: xed with Zil
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote