The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
Iarhen
Wight

Iarhen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril **RotK Soundtrack - The End of All Things**

I just heard the snippets that theonering.net posted awhile back... And Im just AMAZED by track 16, The End of All Things...<P>IT IS IMPRESSIVE<P>Its the most impressive track Ive herad of this LOTR trilogy... Just save the mp3 to which the afore mentioned link goes, and enjoy...<P>The review of the track states that the voice of the boy at first is the voice of the One Ring trying one last time to tempt Frodo to avoid being destroyed... and my guess is that the next part is were Frodo puts the One Ring on and the battle between Gollum and Frodo...<P>PLAINLY A M A Z I N G<BR> <A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/sounds/rotk_Soundtrack_-_16.mp3" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/sounds/rotk_Soundtrack_-_16.mp3</A><P>(title edited by moderator to make it 'official')<p>[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:53 PM   #2
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Wow. Thank you for sharing that with us. I particularly liked the first part with that lovely vocal, so haunting and sad and the immense power and tension in the second part. I to hear more of it!

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

No! I can't hear it, not yet! I shall not hear it! Good think this computer doesn't do sound clips very fast. I am really committed to waiting for the soundtrack until after the movie.<P>Does anyone know what the RotK soundtrack will have, the "enhanced" version? There's an *enhanced* version on Amazon.com, but no hint as to what *enhanced* means.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #4
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Oh! I simply cannot wait until the soundtrack comes out... That was beautiful. And so haunting...<P>Thanks so much for sharing this!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Does anyone know what the RotK soundtrack will have, the "enhanced" version? There's an *enhanced* version on Amazon.com, but no hint as to what *enhanced* means. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, enhanced cds usually have stuff like downloads and movie clips. It'll probably have desktops backgrounds and a cool animation type thing when you put it into your computer...<p>[ November 09, 2003: Message edited by: Amarantha_Daisy ]
Old 11-09-2003, 10:02 PM   #5
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:59 PM   #6
Iarhen
Wight

Silmaril

OMG... Imagine hearing this at the theater... after all the terrible tension in the movie... with those incredible cinema speakers...<P>I just burned the track to a CD to hear it in my stereo and I swear to you it freezes your blood when hearing that choir!!!!<P>OMFG!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:22 PM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I just burned the track to a CD to hear it in my stereo and I swear to you it freezes your blood when hearing that choir!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are the full tracks avaliable on downloading sites? or did you just burn the sound clip?<P>I listened to all of the clips and I thought that they were all really wonderful. From the way these clips sound, it sounds like ROTK is going to sound exactly like I thought it would.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:39 PM   #8
Iarhen
Wight

Silmaril

Nope, I just burned the little part that is available at the site... <P>When will the soundtrack be available?
Old 11-10-2003, 01:54 AM   #9
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Iarhen,<P>Thank you. Of all the snippets and clips and trailers I've seen, this is the one that gives me the chills. Let's hope that all the Mordor scenes are done as eerily and huantingly as this.<P>Child<p>[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 11-10-2003, 05:43 AM   #10
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very pretty! I can't wait to here the rest of the soundtrack.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #11
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really enjoyed the first two soundtracks and according to that piece of art I just heard, I don't think I will be dissapointed by the third one! It sounds really great!<BR>I have tickets for the live performance of the filmmusic with Howard Shore, I believe that will be a night to remember!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:10 AM   #12
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

Oh, the temptation was too much and I clicked that link. Luckily my computer doesn't load mp3 files properly. Now nothing will disturb that wonderful experience when I hear the tracks in the cinema at the first time! Btw, the sountrack is available on November 24th.

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 01-12-2006 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Sweeping party...
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 02:11 PM   #13
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ooh, exciting! I loved the quiet chilling beginning and then the ending kicks in and I can almost picture it in my head. I honestly can't wait to see that part of the film now!<BR>Thankyou for the link.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

*jaw hits the floor* <P>OMG, that's gorgeous!!! I can't wait to hear it in the theaters! Thank you <B>SOOOOO</B> much for posting that, Iarhen! *MUAH!*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-10-2003, 10:52 PM   #15
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was very impressed, a moving, powerful piece. Towards the end, it sounds like a piece they would put after the credit song, like right before the very end of the credits. <BR>See you later!<BR>~M
Old 11-11-2003, 07:17 PM   #16
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

AHHHH!!! That was awesome! It was extremely moving! As the music played I could just imagine the scene being played out in my head. Ooooo! Chills! Love it!<P>So much for my vow to not listen to the soundtrack before I saw the movie

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:58 PM   #17
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That sounds good and pretty cool. I like the voices on the track and they way the dynamics of the song move from soft to loud.