Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #841
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oooh...excellent... now how do you want to play it? if I as Mithalwen am not meant to have noticed .. I will post as Carantilion and have M as rummaging in her bag or something since she is facing into the room... maybe she will just get a glimpse of his departing back.... and see something familiar....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 01-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #842
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Oooh...excellent... now how do you want to play it? if I as Mithalwen am not meant to have noticed .. I will post as Carantilion and have M as rummaging in her bag or something since she is facing into the room... maybe she will just get a glimpse of his departing back.... and see something familiar....
Wouldn't she notice when they got the food? It is a natural instinct is to look up when someone approaches.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #843
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
sorry I am holding things up - not intentional.. will be tomorrow DVWP. Library computer ate my post on Saturday and too twitchy now from a very near miss from a head on car crash...

Old 01-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #844
SmallOne
Newly Deceased

SmallOne has just left Hobbiton.
Wow, I'm glad you're okay, Mithalwen.

Whatever you want to do, I'll play along. We can drag this out or have a huge scene all at once. Folwren, you could come out and rescue Amadi at anytime, too! Looking back I feel like I cut our chars' conversation a little short.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #845
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallOne View Post
Whatever you want to do, I'll play along. We can drag this out or have a huge scene all at once. Folwren, you could come out and rescue Amadi at anytime, too! Looking back I feel like I cut our chars' conversation a little short.
Don't worry, it wasn't cut short. I'll come rescue him...but not until after you and Mith have had some fun.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #846
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

So am I - I still can't quite believe it didn't happen if that makes anysense. Must have some cat DNA or a super effective guardian angel. anyways....

Right that should allow you to continue. I should be able to post for my twin by Thursday to swell the progress.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 01-19-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #847
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This exchange is very entertaining, Mith and ... what nickname shall we call you by, Small One? I'm enjoying it.

Dick will not come to Amadi's rescue just yet.

-- Foley
Old 01-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #848
SmallOne
Newly Deceased

SmallOne has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry that I'm holding this up -- school is hectic at the moment. I should be able to post sometime this week.

@ Folwren

Nickname? Hmm... S.O.? User of Unusual Size? I could go by Car, short for Carapacian, not to be confused with automobiles. Or Caz, my RL nick. I dunno. You pick one.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 PM   #849
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I call you Simie. From Small-Smy-Simie. Hope you don't mind.

I'll post for Idhy pretty soon.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #850
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

How 'bout Olli? It has to fit you, you know. Foley wasn't actually chosen by me. Other people started calling me that, but it fit, and I've kept it.

-- Foley
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #851
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf Wheeeeeeeeeeee

NAME: Ferethor Steele
RACE: Men
WEAPONS: A sword. What other weapon do you expect of a Gondorian ex-soldier?

APPEARANCE: He is clad in a chain-mail of tarnished silver, a soft deerskin shirt beneath to prevent the linked ringlets from being driven into his flesh. He has on black woollen breeches, mudstained leather boots that bespoke of a long and weary journey, and a slim metal shield depicting a silver leaf on a sable background is strapped to his back. His blade is sheathed by his side within easy reach. All this, except for the shield, is covered by a midnight-black woollen cloak that boasts bloodstains as well as mud. He is also willowy slender. Fair of hair and countenance, pleasing to look upon but with no sinews to speak of, he does not seem to be a fierce warrior despite his fighting attire and the blood on his cloak. Perhaps this is why he is wearing a chainmail and have a weapon close by his side even in the safety of the Golden Perch Inn; he must have survived to see his late twenties, not because he was powerful, but because of his instinctive caution and wariness for any and all eventualities.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Quick and swift of foot, a passable archer and a dependable swordsman. His style of swordplay is mainly defensive, nothing flashy, holding his ground until the enemy gives way or reinforcement arrives. He picked it up offhand in the army but it served him well enough to tide him over the War. Shy, easygoing, but deadly serious in even the most trivial of matters. He doesn't smile easily or make many friends. His speech is courteous if overly formal.

HISTORY: Ferethor quit his service to Gondor after the War, and hired himself out as an independent mercenary. His specialty is the protection of merchant caravans from the bandit raiders that lurk in the shadows of the woods, and earned quite some recognition in that profession for never having yet lost a merchant caravan... although it has been muttered that this was because he was suspiciously successful at striking deals with the raiders themselves. He is on good speaking terms with many of the bandit leaders. When the War was over and most of the soldiers were released from the payroll, Ferethor took the morally gray path of a mercenary. Some of his friends and comrades took the black path of banditry instead, and somehow they fell into a steady if unintended symbiosis of looking out for each other. Ferethor treads a thin line between the immoral and the moral, though he hasn't done anything definitely illegal yet, and perhaps his questionable acquaintances would get him into trouble some day...

------------------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-08-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #852
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

ooh splendid... need to look where this was left and if it were my fault...

Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #853
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Er, can we back up here? Y'know, I /would/ object to characters not only completely disregarding my character saying that he did not want his wounds treated, which might be just because the characters themselves were flustered, but also the players who assume that Ferethor had /let/ their character heal him without resistance. Trying to heal him is okay, since it lets my character (more importantly, me) respond, but going ahead and doing it? I mean, he has the strength to wipe the blood off his chin and smile and politely tell the women that he is in no need of assistance, I don't think he would be too weak so as to let them handle him like a sack of flour. Especially since he has made his thoughts clear. Not that I'm trying to ruffle any feathers or anything, it's just that, well, I can't see my suicidal character as meekly submitting to treatment. He'd probably snarl like a wild animal and push her away.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 04-12-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #854
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Fine, I am sorry. I have had very little time and tried to post as best as I could in that available so I skim read in an attempt to get some life in to this. Only when my library time ran out did I see that your second post is completely at odds with the time frame. Elessar will not be on the throne for the thick end of a century. Perhpas you would like to back up too so your character fits in to the context.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #855
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Er, Mithalwen, I'm sorry if I offended you.
I think I was all cranky last night because I didn't get enough sleep.
Please just forget about it, okay?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #856
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Eorl of Rohan is hosting a new RPG, Homeward Bound.

The Discussion Thread is now open in The Shire to take on players.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-19-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #857
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ghanberryghan, I'm glad you posted on the Goldern Perch. It's been a long time since anyone has touched that thread.

I wanted you to know that I saw your post and will hopefully post something sometime soon so you can have something to post with. In the mean time, would you care to create a character biography for your character? Just copy and patse this form below and fill stuff in so we now what sort of fellow your character is.

NAME:

RACE: (Only those character types listed by the Innkeeper will be acceptable: Hobbits, Men, Elves, or Dwarves. NO Orcs; Easterlings, Southrons, and any other men of an evil race; NO Animals - as main characters; or Any other creature or persons not mentioned in 'Types of characters allowed' No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only)

WEAPONS: (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period. Hobbits, for example, do not have swords or armor)

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only)

HISTORY: (Can be as brief as you wish)
Old 11-24-2010, 04:57 AM   #858
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Might I suggest that we have a time jump and a cleaner slate? Noone involved inthe discussion around the cook's disappearance seems to be active, I posted a summary in posr 822 about a year ago and no further progress has been made really. I hve tried to interact with new arrivals but was finally stymied by someone from the wrong time period.

Much as I love the twins and am fond of my namesake they are a bit stuck - and were only meant to be transient. A gap might let them be assumed they had gone on their way and I have a character who might stay around a bit, a mortal who might get more involved. However if we don't moveI'll try tidying them up...

Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #859
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I wouldn't mind in the least. I was not thoroughly involved in the hunt for the Cook and was lost as to what actually happened to her and how we were going to find her, or if we were going to finder. If others were around who were going to help carry that plot through, I'd be more willing to continue the plot...but as it is, I dunno. This thread has been dead for so long, it's hard to know what to do.

Pio, have you any thoughts on the matte?

If Ghanberryghan returns, we can have his two cents on it, too.

-- Foley
Old 11-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #860
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=822

This was my summary of the hunt for the cook. I have a summary of what was happening in the wider world on my old computer ...I'll look it up..

Old 12-02-2010, 07:50 AM   #861
Ghanberryghan
Pile O'Bones

Ghanberryghan has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Aeridor

RACE: Man from Forodwaith.

WEAPONS: Staff, knife;-and possibly tongue

APPEARANCE: Tall, lanky, shoulder-length brown hair, brown eyes, regular skin pigmentation.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Aeridor is very stubborn and incredibly strong willed, but he is also greedy. His main skill is his ability to manipulate those around him, as well as the bit of luck on his side which always seems to save his neck. He is bitterly jealous of immortal beings.

HISTORY: He lost his home and family due to the rise of Angmar, and holds severe contempt towards the Elves. He fled Forodwaith and made it to Bree where he started up a small order called MESS: Middle Earth Supremacy Sanction; an order advocating mortal superiority as well as unification against the evil forces. He has been wandering for months until he comes across the Golden Perch Inn...

---------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't really expect a reply so I gave up. But many thanks! I can't wait to continue the role play!

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-28-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #862
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Glad you came back after all. I guess that means I really better get on the stick, huh? Can you wait until this weekend? I'm kinda swamped with homework today.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #863
Ghanberryghan
Pile O'Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Glad you came back after all. I guess that means I really better get on the stick, huh? Can you wait until this weekend? I'm kinda swamped with homework today.
Well kind of, school for finished mid November, but I just had my last exam on Monday so it's a huge relief to have no more work!
I come on every day so just take your time.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #864
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Might I suggest that we have a time jump and a cleaner slate? No one involved in the discussion around the cook's disappearance seems to be active, I posted a summary in post 822 about a year ago and no further progress has been made really. I have tried to interact with new arrivals but was finally stymied by someone from the wrong time period.

Much as I love the twins and am fond of my namesake they are a bit stuck - and were only meant to be transient. A gap might let them be assumed they had gone on their way and I have a character who might stay around a bit, a mortal who might get more involved. However if we don't move I'll try tidying them up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Pio, have you any thoughts on the matter?
I think the idea of a time jump is a good one. Move it forward several months or so, even a year, perhaps. Someone could write a brief past history post, wrapping up the cook's disappearance. She needn't necessarily be found or the circumstances explained . . . you can just leave it as a now interesting/mysterious bit of Inn history.

Go ahead and use the players' characters who were Inn workers. They've been gone long enough without giving any notification.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #865
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay...so where does that leave Ghan (may we call you that, Ghanberryghan?) in regards to how he made his entrance? Should he make a new post?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #866
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

All he would really have to do is edit the last paragraph to reflect whatever is happening at the Inn after the time change post is made.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #867
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

This is true. So, sometime this weekend, I should write a post that changes time and then Ghan can move his post around to after mine? Ghan, how does that sound?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #868
Ghanberryghan
Pile O'Bones

That's absolutely fine. Would the time jump be before my entrance?
Yes you can call me Ghan.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #869
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Ghan -

Yes, let Folwren do the time jump post first. Then post after it. Either you or I can delete your previous post once that's done.

~*~ Pio, Shire Moderator
Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #870
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

There, I posted. I'm afraid I gave you a pretty clean slate to work with, Ghan. The place is pretty much empty.

Mithalwen, are you going join us, too? I don't know what we can have happen, but we can conjur something up, I imagine.

The inn personal include Prim, Rowan, and Will, as well as Dick. Will's the stable and grounds keeper, Prim and Rowan the two who keep the inn clean and apparently cook all the meals now, and Dick is the innkeeper himself.

-- Foley
Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #871
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I plan to but I may need a small period of grace. I have a character in mind and will have her arrive ASAP.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #872
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It's okay, just take your time. I'm in no place to rush, either, coming onto finals as I am.

-- Foley
Old 12-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #873
Ghanberryghan
Pile O'Bones

I'll watch the thread a little bit before I join in again.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:57 AM   #874
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK I should be able to post shortly Ghan, maybe you might like to take a look at the earlier pages where there was more going on and several really skilled and generous RPG writers at work to get a feel of the place at its best.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #875
Ghanberryghan
Pile O'Bones

I shall do that
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #876
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Here are two characters I hope to soon bring to the Inn.

NAME: Iris Puddifoot

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: Whatever might be at hand – a frying pan; broom; cleaver; turning fork; her walnut walking stick; her quick, sharp tongue

APPEARANCE: 3’3” tall; sturdy build. Brown eyes; thick, brown curls usually restrained by a bright yellow scarf. Usually found wearing a dark green skirt, white blouse, and over all a bib apron of some flowery print with big pockets.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A no-nonsense, practical person at first take, but beneath this exterior runs a quite fanciful, romantic streak. Has a good sense of humor; a soft heart, for the most part. Loves to cook; runs her kitchen with a firm hand. Loves to garden – her kitchen garden of vegetables and herbs is her pride and joy. Has a particularly dim view of the slug population and has waged many a battle with them in defense of her beloved plantings.

HISTORY: Youngest daughter of Odo Noakes and Lavender Chubb Noakes originally of Pincup. Has three older sisters and two older brothers – all of whom are married with families of their own. She, too, was married - for five years to Anson Puddifoot (he was killed when the big wagon he used for hauling lumber slid off a steep embankment and crushed him). Iris and Anson lived in Woodhall and had two children: Betony, 34; lives in Woodhall & married to Carl Cotman - Hob, 35; also lives in Woodhall & married to Bella Goodchild. She has three grandchildren so far – Betony’s daughter, Buttercup 1y/o; Hob’s son, Anson 3 y/o & his daughter, Ginger 2 y/o.

Has a shaggy-haired, roan pony named Velvet.

------------------------

NAME: Penstemon (Penny) Noakes

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: No weapons as such; is quite adept with her little sling and can bring down a rabbit

APPEARANCE: 3’5” tall; coppery curls; hazel eyes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Friendly; independent of mind; adventurous; curious - sometimes too much so

HISTORY: One of Iris Puddifoot’s young cousins from Pincup. Caught a case of ‘itchy-foot’, or so her Gammer says, and persuaded her family to let her visit Cousin Iris. Her Gammer would be clucking her tongue had she known Iris and Penny were now traveling about, seeing the sights of the East Farthing.

- - - - -

LINKED

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-28-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #877
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh! Exciting!! I hope this game comes alive soon!

-- Foley
Old 12-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #878
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
NAME: Aeron

RACE: Man, of the Dunedain

WEAPONS/EQUIPMENT: A longsword, Maple recurve bow and a dagger in her boot. She rides a painted (chestnut and white) stallion named Aergolas that she loves dearly. She travels lightly, only carrying a few ointments to treat wounds, a small tent, fire/fishing kit, canteen, a bedroll and traveling rations.

APPEARANCE: 5’10”, 165 lbs; slight muscles on her arms from using a bow for so long. Aeron has shoulder length straight dark brown hair with bangs that are side swept to the left side of her face. She has grey eyes and wears that of what a Ranger would wear; maille in under her green cloth tunic with the same colored leggings, made of a thick cloth. Over top of her tunic she wears a dark brown leather jerkin. Aeron also wears brown leather gloves with the same colored, 1 inch heeled, knee length boots. She wears a grey hooded cloak with the multi pointed star brooch (I tend to like to go with eight points) and a green mask, hood and mask always up and hiding her face.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Aeron is a quiet, observant woman; she looks upon the world with bright eyes, yearning to learn the lore that Arda has to offer to her. She doesn't have a lot to say, and when she does she tries to make it count. Aeron loves to meet anyone of a different race than her own, finding hobbits to be the most peculiar. She prides herself in being a good hunter and archer, seeing that as her strength. She also knows a great deal about horses, though she is not one of the horse lords of Rohan. Her weaknesses would be melee attacks (both offensive and defensive) and the lack of armour she wears. Her curiosity and yearning to travel to different places often causes her to stray from her duties as a Ranger, as well as the eastern borders of Bree Land.

HISTORY: Born in 2922 TA. Aeron's parents currently reside in the Angle south of Rivendell, where she was also born. Her father trained her to be a Ranger when she was at the young age of 15. She cannot trace her lineage back to any well known Dunadan, just that her ancestors moved from Annuminas when the captial fell to ruins, settling in one of the three divided kingdoms; Arthedain. Over time, they migrated towards the Angle where the remainder of the Dunedain had went to after the Battle of Fornost.

Daeradan, her father, is the Ranger that watches the Eastern borders of Bree Land in the Weather Hills (it also extends out a few miles past Weathertop).

-------------------------------

Hope I did this right! I finally decided to try my luck at RPing here after lurking around.

----------

LINKED ~*~ Pio
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."

Last edited by xMellrynxMaidenx; 02-28-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #879
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

OK, then, I've brought Penny into the Inn. Anyone feel free to interact with her.

Iris will come in a little later - she's busy instructing Arry on how to take care of dear little Velvet
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #880
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Welcome to the Perch, Mellryn! I'm glad to see another player joining us. Your bio looks good. Your character will be fun to have in the Inn. It is a bit un-canonical (as we say here on the Downs if things aren't quite in line with Tolkien's books) for there to be a female ranger, so she probably won't be able to appear in other RPGs, but she'll be fun to work with and develop here at the Golden Perch.

I will post sometime in the near future!